Atelier Firis announced on PS4 and Vita

Atelier Firis announced on PS4 and Vita

and with the weebshit dropping PS3 support gen 7 is officially over.

Persona 5 is still supporting PS3.
While it's true that some weeb games are dropping PS3, i think that the true benchmark is when Persona drops it.

Each gen Persona is the most mainstream weeb game and it's always that one series that sticks to the previous gen hardware because they understand that weebs are pennyless losers that don't really care about graphics, when even Persona drops the previous gen then you know there's nothing left to squeeze there.

I'll get both this and Shallie.

But they're loser consoles. Ateliers looked really good on PS3 and ran p gud as well.

I think I won't continue the series after Shallie.

Shallie isn't the best, the plot can't decide what it wants to do. The alchemy's still fun but jesus the plot is just bad enough to actually detract from the game. There's one part in particular that really kind of spelled out where it shifted for me
Tomgirl Shally's mom has fantasy cancer and told there's no medicine, so as opposed to do anything she spends an entire fucking chapter moping around while the other shally goes finds Kieth who tells her how to make the medicine and she makes it, all the while Tomgirl Shally is sitting and moping

Not really, vita is still last gen.

Neat!

PC port when?

I would post a golden man smiling Idol from ancient times here. Imagine I did for the sake of me being lazy and posting on my phone.

also neat, I hope sophie's decent. I really didn't hear anything about it even from JP anons

And Persona 5 was announced a long time ago. Only recent announcements should count now if we're looking forward.

Just post it it user, you know you eant to.
I was asking for it anyway
I really do want a port thought

this the best I got

Thanks, guess Ill go play some other niche title.

Cute dwarf girls doing alchemy?

I got one for 140$

You know you will cave, theres straight up no substitute and you cant cold turkey atelier.

did they drop the time mgmt?

They did for Shallie. Don't know if it's back for Sophie.

Wait, is this yet another new one? I remember they announced Sophie like less than 6 months ago. Fucking hell, all of the weebshit is becoming PS4 exclusive starting this year. I wouldn't mind finally shelling out for one when stuff finally starts releasing later this year, but I feel like as soon as I do the goddamn jews are going to formally announce the PS4.5. Sony along with Nintendo better put their new shit out in the open at E3 so I can know what the damage is or I'm probably going to just throw my hands up and go back to emulating old shit for another year.

It's been out in japan for awhile now mate
it came out november 19th 2015 for them

Where were you when Dwarf Fortress met the Atelier series? :^)

Yeah, I just looked it up and felt like a dumbass. I really lost track of time between early last year and up until now for some reason. I also forgot Yooka Laylee existed up until last week and I even backed the fucking kikestarter which is something I never do. I think I'm losing it.

well it doesn't come out stateside for awhile yet so, it's fine

I guess I still could get it unless they add some sort of tits rubbing mechanics that excludes PSTV compatibility

As a geologist I can say she is BEST girl!

sweet, that time mgmt always turned me off from this weeb slime

casual as fuck

What?
PSVita exists user

Are the Vita versions even good or do they suffer from things like worse framerate

No the Vita versions are 144hz uncapped framerate with 4k texture resolution an 28x AA.

It will be like watching a movie son

That's not true user. Do your research next time.

Fuck yeah snow level.

Cute

But that game's been out for ages, it's just getting localised now.

Dude. You do what you can first run, then sweetly take your time with the replays. I thought everyone who put time in Atelier knew that.

I want to hold hands with her

I want desperately to tease Ayesha's toes.

Ayesha is the best Atelier for teasing

Indeed she is. More people need to know of that.

Nice, for a moment I thought I'd have to buy a Bloodborne machine just to play the new ateliers.

fug, forgot to take off my flag

Vita version may not actually get localized. With Nights of Azure only the PS4 version got released in the West.

I don't know how to feel about Altier Rinona. She's such a sad and stressed out character…

Literally 2 or 3 weebs will buy this in the west. Who cares.

PC version when?

But it has so many remastered Vita titles!

So only certain companies are allowed to rehash their games here? I was just pointing out the doublethink that is plaguing Holla Forums.

You're implying I'm a Nintendrone with 0 evidence.

It was a joke, cool down consoleboi.

Anytime now.

Playstation was always first and foremost a weeaboo console, ever since the first one with increasing degrees of truth on each iteration.
When people say "nogames" they keep that in mind.

I knew I should've bought those when they were on sale.
Went and shot myself in the foot again.

There's always next year.

Atelier is the beginning of deep Holla Forums, is it a hole you want to delve into?

>have the option of physical Vita releases
I don't care what people say about how it's useless or a waste of time. Learning Japanese was the best damn thing to ever happen to my game selection options.

People said the same thing about every other Sony system. The problem with the PS4 is that it's taken it three years to get something other than Bloodborne, and it's STILL sharing the release with the Vita.

Is that a rhetorical question?

At least there's Cooking Mama.

That sounds like the exact opposite of what the series goes for.

An alchemist character in say, Dragon's Crown would fit that nicely though.

Aras can be cute alchemists making cute things in a comfy enviroment too.

This post reeks of araphobia.

Could there really be such a terrible affliction? Who could hate 2d ara in a fantasy world?

Well, I am a pedo, for one.

That said the only ara I'm interested in is mother/daughter and mother/son, and that is rarely.

That's fair.

This is the dumbest thing I read on the internet today, congrats.

1 this game series has a small established fanbase in the West
2 that fanbase doesn't PC
3 the Japanese audience certainly doesn't PC
3 a PC port won't sell more than a few hundred k units
4 PC gamers don't buy games at full price and Japanese devs actually think their games ARE worth a full price so Gust knows better

That and "high impact sexual violence"

So do these games ever have any real yuri or is it always just undertones?

Yuri might be in the Arland Trilogy. Other PS3/Vita titles focus more on comfy fun, surprisingly somber themes, and crafting/creating items that make you god.

How much do you think these games sell user?

Not to mention 3 out of 5 Japanese actually know how to use one and that Japan ranks the 2nd lowest in terms of computer uses since everything is mobile these days

I think they're trying to make up for it by bringing Ayesha and Logy to Shallie plus.

Mimi is very gay.

I kekked pretty hard. Harder than I maybe ought to have.

One day I know I'll go full weeb and play everything after the first Iris game. Just not today.

moemoe pure love is at the heart of Atelier. Something and untouched by the sjw or casual hipster. An island in a sea of taint.

Not today

I know.

But look up Last Remnant on steamspy.

You can "sell" a lot if you put it in a bundle, sell it for $1 or just give it away. But the revenue will be pretty low that way.

PC gamers are impulse buyers who don't actually play videogames. They just hoard them.

Hold on there, I may be a pennyless loser, but I do care about graphics a lot. Just because I don't have the pennies to afford the latest hardware doesn't mean I wouldn't like to benefit from its capabilities. I'd imagine that goes for a lot of weebs.

No god here. Only Yuri.

Anyone looking forward to Atelier Sophie?

Pretty much my biggest issue with this entire genre of games highly focused on cute girls and more cute girls. It's like if someone made games with lots of guns, and the games focus on the guns constantly, but you could never ever actually fire them - I don't expect or demand guns in every game, but don't put them in to begin with if they can't fulfill their main purpose. That's just a tease.

You play Atelier for deep crafting alchemy based gameplay.

The cute girls and yuri is the icing on this autistic cake. Its a game not a visual novel after all.

Are you happy with your purchase?

contrary to le hivemind the ps4 is starting to go the way the ps3 did with good weeb releases, but we arent allowed to be positive about it yet because pc only anons are still extremely salty over exclusives and nintendo die hards are angry at everything not nintendo. But someday we will be

The Bloodbornestation might get a couple of games soon, and I kinda want to play Bloodborne itself.
Since the PS4.5/PS4k isn't announced, and everything's being developed for the PS4 right now, when the PS4.5 drops and everyone sells their old shit, would picking up a regular Quadruple be a good purchase? I have to imagine they'll end up being flipped for ~150USD or so, if not less.

Do you like Japanese games? If yes then it might be worthwhile to get it at that price.

guess I'm doing something wrong

Also grabbing SK and stranger of sword city full price when they come out, or with whatever small launch discount they get. That said, the PS4 may have enough exclusives to warrant a purchase within the year, including gust titles. Depends on how many of those go multiplat quickly enough.

holy fuck that's a lot for a niche game like this

sub 10 FPS average though

This is the kind of attitude that means we're always stuck choosing between real games and lewd, but never having both. I'm tired of settling!

If deep alchemy based gameplay benefits from graphical depictions of cute girls in any context, it'd benefit from cute girls showing more skin too.

Thats what the unlockable outfits are for, but dont tell the sjws about those

That always bothered the shit out of me.
I get the whole argument was about independence Vs Over-reliance on others but all Lotte does is ignore the issue and hope it goes away.

No it's not.

When looking at sales numbers you also have to look at the PRICE. Folks will buy anything if it goes for a dollar. Also a lot of games are part of a bundle.

It's not rocket science.

Fanservice tends to ruin things .
Why bother making good gameplay if a bunch of horny retards will buy your game no matter how shitty the gameplay is?

See Neptunia and Senran for good examples, these games only thrive thanks to their lewdness and thats just as bad as shitty story driven games or having only flashy graphics

DONT SEXZALIZE THE ALCHEMISTS YOU MONOGOLOID VIRGIN

The only bundles out right now are the Vita version of the Arland Trilogy, and the PS3 harddisk for the Arland Trilogy. Both of which came out long after their projected sales of those games. You can buy that PS3 version, but
- It's NISA
- DLC isn't included

Meanwhile, the Vita bundle operates basically as "buy 2 get one free", and sits at a still-hefty $80 pricetag. Yes, they are losing out on money (for one whole game), but it's for a property whose sales window passed ages ago (Ayesha Plus wasn't even out in Japan iirc when the Arland Plus games came out).

tl;dr KT and Gust aren't really losing out on Atelier money. Especially since those games only go on discount two or three times out the whole year.

You are the plebbest of the pleb.

Consoles games sell better on console, who would have thought.
0/10 apply yourselves

They're shooting themselves in the foot here to be honest.
Nights of Azure barely sold on the PS4 and most if not all the sales from Gust still come from the PS3.

Because those retards will go for cheaper shit than the Atelier games if they dropped the ball on gameplay.

Totori has yet to shit out mimis unholy alchemically facilitated lespawn.

Really? Aw, man. I hope they don't drop this IP.

Pantsu is cute, not sexual

Never claimed it doesn't have fanservice, but if it were to become the focus of the game it would most likely turn into a overall worse game where interesting character developement dialogue gets cut for breast envy dialogue number 10000

I know that but the PC port beggars keep whining about how Steam is gonna save Japanese games.

More like "japanese games will keep my modbox relevant to devs"

You this is a Japanese game, right?

Don't sexualize the Totori

Can't do that.

You can be cute and remain pure
Sexual makes you ruined for marriage.

Oh Totori will never be a bride now.

I don't think Gust cares about American sales, the game was successful in Asia and Japan which is what they really wanted.

Not everyone has the money to buy a PS4.5 you know.

It wont, but its helping along with the Vita considering PS4 is being largely ignored by Japan and most western audiences on the PS4 only buy garbage.

Plenty of devs on PC if you dont have shit taste.
Its like saying the Vita has no games or the PS4 only has Bloodborne.

Girls can't ruin other girls.

I no longer know whether or not to buy the Vita version or the PS4 version of games like these. There's no crossbuy, right? I want to say the Sly Cooper Vita game did that, but it's probably not common.

Oh, sweet summer child…

There's not a thing about this picture that doesn't turn my crank.

Look, the games are cute. They're slightly racy. They don't pull punches to their themes surprisingly and can be genuine as a result, no matter the subjects they broach. People that haven't played them should find one and give it a try. It's comfy and fun, and you can actually get invested in character stories. Or just be completely absorbed in crafting your way to godhood.

Atelier is a series with a lil something for everyone that's looking for a comfy time.

Do Atelier games have any kind of western following outside of imageboards? They're popular here, but I've never seen them mentioned anywhere else.

Why is Totori so perfect for bullying?

Techmo Koei is at MCM london this weekend giving away free atelier swag so id say so.

Post your alchemists, rate other peoples alchemists

Alisu/10

So let me get this straight. Do these Jap games have official translations that aren't fucked to high hell? Do they come with option for the original voice acting? Is the English voice acting good? These are things I keep seeing brought up about every other Jap game, but don't recall seeing in the Atelier threads.

Eh why her game have her like of the worst plots ever anyway? The so called plot twist in the ending, about her mom, is completely ridiculous and absurd. It even make her entire journey completely pointless.

Yes (even the NISA games have passable translations with the exception of one retarded name change).
Yes, with one exception. The PS3 version of Ayesha is English only, though the Japanese voices are included in the Vita port.
It's typically on the better end for dubs, though not as good as the Japanese. Usually the MC is decent and the rest of the cast varies.
If you can stand dubs of other stuff you probably won't have a problem with these.

I'm fucking sold.

I do own a Vita, but I'm talking strictly JRPGs/weeb ARPGs. Star Ocean, FF, Nier 2, Nioh, DQ. I'm actually not that invested in Atelier, I still need to finish all but one of the Arland games. Dusk hooked me better for some reason.