Total War Warhammer Salt Mining Thread

This turd just released.

I thought it would be fine to have a thread where we wait for all the regret from people that actually bought this fucking shit.

Other urls found in this thread:

moddb.com/mods/call-of-warhammer-beginning-of-the-end-times
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=689913357
steamcommunity.com/app/364360/discussions/0/357286663694195867/
dsogaming.com/pc-performance-analyses/total-war-warhammer-pc-performance-analysis/
reddit.com/r/CrackStatus/comments/4805du/crack_status_denuvo_games/
reddit.com/r/totalwar/comments/4ktop3/total_war_warhammer_we_want_to_know_your_first/
honga.net/totalwar/warhammer/faction.php?l=en&v=warhammer
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Just watched the first minute of a review and learned all I needed to know. Saw a unit of trolls "charge" at a unit of empire infantry only to stop dead in their tracks once they reached them and start hitting the ground with their clubs.

No infantry sent flying, no buckling in the formation, no weight to anything. Spastic animations and retarded killmoves.

How the Shogun 2 team managed to produce something passable in this engine is beyond me. Whatever trick they pulled has clearly been forgotten by CA.

It did? I thought it releases this evening.

So how does this compare to the Medieval 2 conversion Mod?

Rushed garbage.

steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=689913357

lel, what a nigger.

Nearly 1/4th the sales of Attila.

Apparently MP causes the game to crash.

Okay I was sceptikal of this being able to be mined for salt but it seems like an amazing shitfest already.

Well at least the battles work

Wew, it was today? Does it have some shit like Denuvo or is it cracked already?

It's buggy as hell but has more content than TWarhammer.

It's a Steam game so the Steam crack should work.

The other conversion Mod was released a few days prior on Medieval 2 on the 21st as well.

Yeah I'll give you that.
Sad the Medieval II mod is so easily corruptable on download, I can't even get into any sort of battle without the "the forces of chaos had won" crash screen.

So after the garbage pile that was Rome 2 they expect me to just take the plunge and fork over 60 euros?

Are they retarded or are my expectations just unreasonable, you know, wanting to see if a game even runs on my computer before buying it and shit.

I've heard getting it from Moddb works. The Mega upload is corrupt.

steamcommunity.com/app/364360/discussions/0/357286663694195867/

I got it from moddb, after a 23 hour download

Not sure what to tell you then. A 1.02 patch is coming soon, that might help you.

Apparently it's an issue with the DRM software making the game unable to connect to CA's servers for authentication.

CA collapse soon, friends!

I know that feel user, wish huge mods like that was split into parts on ModDB

You need at least 3-4 weeks from release to get accurate numbers from Steamspy.

It has shitty DLC factions and Denuvo which hopefully turned people off purchase.

I estimate 300-400k sales because everything with the 40k label sells well regardless of quality.

Holy shit, how do you fuck up this bad?

So do charge bonuses work at all?
I think I saw some units flying when certain units hit them though.

Denuvo isn't a DRM though
It doesn't fuck up your SSD

As I mentioned in the other thread:

The game only uses 2 CPUs at best

And now people with monster rigs are wondering why they're getting 30FPS no matter the settings.

I can't make sense of this comment. Apparently this faggot is observant enough to recognize that this is not an isolated incident and that big-budget releases are often broken at launch and remain buggy as shit for a long time, but yet he still bought the game at launch anyway.

What was going through his mind? "This time, things will be different - just look at that awesome trailer! I know CA will get it right this time."

If someone ignored all the warning signs, both from CA's recent history (Rome 2) and specifically regarding this game (Chaos DLC, warscape, etc.), and then buys the game and gets fucked over, fine. They're just a retard, nothing new or unusual there.

But people like this know that people have got fucked over en masse in the past, and yet somehow still did exactly the same thing as if expecting a different result.

I never said Denuvo was DRM, nor that Denuvo was what's messing with the game.

Nevermind, it looks like I've forgotten to patch the mod. Now Medieval II won't start at all, which is, you know, great.

WTF? i thought a big selling point of this game was that it would use dx12 and use a ton of your cores.

That actually kind of pisses me off, should have been standard in warhammer games since 2004.

I'm going to try the torrent

dsogaming.com/pc-performance-analyses/total-war-warhammer-pc-performance-analysis/

The ONE situation where proper mocapped anmations are appropriate and they cut them out.

It really is baffling. Since Empire the melee combat has basically consisted entirely of 1v1 duels and stupidly long killmove animations. This is what all the rank and file soldiers have done since it's apparently the only thing that CA knows how to do anymore.

And yet, somehow, in the only place in which those animations would actually be a good thing, they aren't there!

After a while you just stop asking 'why.'

So either switch to W10 or have terrible performance. Amazing.

It IS funny to see Nvidia-Fags being BTFO for once though.

This modding team is disgusting. All they do is make every faction the same and make the game super easy by ruining the economy.

WELL FUCK THAT SHIT

Yea, I'm looking forward to the Radious Unit Pack that gives Chaos musketeers and dwarves cavalry.

No torrents yes. I see people on steam complaining that the multiplayer is broken and some are complaining that the game has horrible performance or can't even start

So many players miss the good points of Attila because of this mod.

a game that literally just came out has less sales than a game that was out for more than a year? Shocking surprise!

The majority of a games sales happen at release period. For a completely new game to have so few sales in comparison to Attila which was seen as more of an expansion than a full fledged standalone, especially when it has the Warhammer license attached, is pretty shocking.

Although like that one guy said the figures may not be accurate.

God damn, the youtubers that got their hands on this are either autistic or shills.

Diplex, HeirofCarthage… I'm getting cancer.

Of course they are. They make money through this shit. They're parasites leeching off of CAs success.

What you'd fucking expect? They're sucking CA's dick to no end by this point. At least PrinceofMacedon has been honest about some of the stupid shit. But everyone else has been "look at the pretty colors, glorious CHAOS. BAAAAAHHHHH"

I've played about an hour myself. It has a fucking annoying issue where the game will randomly run at something like 1% normal speed. Splash screens, campaign map, battle map, whatever. I actually sat in a battle for 5m, and approximately 10 seconds passed according to the ingame timer. I've been looking at the forums and some people are suggesting the online functionality is causing the game to hang. FFS

I fucking loved the premise of Attila (especially western Rome where you just kept trying to hold the line despite everyone but eastern rome attacking you), but the mechanics were just so shit all around… and not just warscape. The AI was a fucking retard that got beat by the most trivial tactics every time, the performance was shit, the diplomacy was a joke… I really hoped TWarhammer would fix some of this shit (even with fucking Warscape), but it seems like they just made it even worse

Warsword soon friends.

You know. I started playing Attila after the Age of Charlemagne campaign. I thought it was fantastic.

that's not my image cripplekike

I appreciate the fact that they added separate factions for all the Empire areas but it sucks shit that none of them are playable.

I like the guy. Bit cringy and dumb sometimes but he knows what's good and criticizes CA.

I dunno, He has good impressions of Warhammer but he only plays multiplayer.

Attila is alright with certain mods but the fundamental issues are subdued, not fixed. Same with Charlemagne.

Got gifted the game from a friend as a birthday present. Absolutely refuses to run so I'm guessing this is a Rome 2 tier launch.

Can you refund gifts?

This isn't 40Gay, though. This is actual Warhammer, which nobody likes because it requires more thinking to appreciate.

Come on, user, that's just plain rude.

Unfortunately not.

It'll be interesting if this is Rome II release. Even if the game is just as bad as R2 I think CA will be able to deflect it (by using the hype).

People don't care for WH because it seems like generic fantasy on first impression, while WH40k seems very novel in concept - humans not being liberal pussies is not a common thing in mainstream sci-fi

He bought me a Total War game after Rome 2. I think he should have known the risks.

If it's Rome 2 tier in terms of gameplay, it might spell the end of the company. Rome 2 is just so fucking boring- the entire game is an effort in tedium. I beat it, once, just to say I did and I had to force myself to play halfway through.

Dunno about that. Humans seem to be on both extremes in sci-fi.

How far along is that? Is it playable or should I just wait?

Also, the game claims my drivers are out of date when they're not. Just another example of CA's retardation, I suppose. They even delayed the game release a day- I can't imagine why.

Ah man, this is the first game with Denuvo that I actually want to play. Still not buying it though

Aww. I thought the Gamespot review wasn't paid. I guess I was wrong to hope.

I don't recall any really popular sci-fi where humans are xenophobic, without the author then pointing out about how horrible humans are for being xenophobes later on

Apparently, starting the damn thing in offline mode fixes the problem. I'm assuming it's the fault of CA's shitty launcher.

Let's crack open this turd and find out what's inside.

Starship Troopers? Something published by Baen?

From what i have seen all heroes don't have the sync kills and all their attacks are ground smashes that kill with shock-waves. It seems to have been a deliberate decision so that they can actually kill the plebs at a decent pace.

they aren't really "xenophobic" as in purge all aliens for the emperor, they are just fighting to survive, the bugs are actively trying to exterminate them

It's Empire, Dwarfs, Orcs, Vampire Counts (?!?), and Chaos. No elves, high, dark, or wood. No Bretonnians. No Skaven.

I like Counts, but that's the bare minimum of what I would have considered launch ready. I would have also thrown in Ogres, a couple other human nations, Beastmen, and the Lizardmen.

Oh, on top of that, you can only conquer lands of certain groups for some fucking retarded reason. Oh, and the Chaos faction isn't divided by the gods (and a cursory look doesn't show them using god aligned troops) and is a pure horde faction (as if Chaos can't settle down and hold lands). But, for some reason, the Greenskins AREN'T a horde despite fightan' and winnan' being their only reasons for existence.

Just to counter-shill: The Beginning of the End Times mod has just been released. It's pretty rough around the edges right now, but it's still probably superior to CA's bullshit.

Wasn't there some twist in that series that didn't make that the case and actually did make them xenophobic?

As says, it's quite different, since it's a 'us or them' scenario, whereas in wh40k that is not the case, as the Taushits show

I do not understand this meme.

It's just the name of the game.

CA needs material for their DLC shenanigans.
You know. Just like with the greeks in Rome 2.
Same bullshit. And as long as retards fall for it, it'll keep on repeating itself,

is there a decent torrent for it yet? or igg?

Denuvo m8

I know that Bretonnia is already a fleshed out faction since you can fight them with their proper units in the campaign. Not sure about Kislev. I honestly expected them to just create a generic "human" roster like they did with the sea of Germanic tribes from the Rhein to the Caucasus in Attila at first.

Also the buyer's remorse is kicking in HARD over at Steam. People with 30 minutes playtime writing positive reviews en masse.

damn. so what we have to wait a month or something?

The majority of Denuvo games are not cracked. There are only workarounds, no real cracks.

And, no, they're not intelligent undead, they're motherfucking skellies.

Discounting Chaos Warriors, this game has as many factions as Dawn of War and Dawn of War II, both of which are RTS.

I refuse to believe the other races existed before DoW because I'm a completionist whore.

Even those who bought it can't play it yet.

The empire roster is pretty much the generic "human" one. Brettonia have their units and norscan tribes use chaos marauders. Kislev is empire units.

I think it's shills

So what's the difference between this one and Rage of the Dark Gods?

There's ignoring reality for the sake of gameplay, and then there's ignoring reality to the point that it stops making sense

WAY bigger map, new factions/sub factions, fully English translated, etc.

every total war ever has always been shit

it's just a shit genre that plebs like for some reason

why are you in this thread?

Because it's a salt mining thread nigger, you salty?

Suspected as much. Does the map even reach south enough to the Border Princes? I bet those are all generic human swordsmen too.

Then they're in line with the reviwers who couldn't stop giving it 9s and 10s but haven't gotten the 2 hour achievment.

That's actually surprising. But my point still stands, heh.

Also the Steam forums are flooded with idiots who have not heard of the game before. Pretty funny and explains where the main audience for CA lies: People who know shit fuck about games apart from what they see on the Steam frontpage.

Such a missed opportunity. Instead of actually putting some effort in and thereby generating some new and exciting scenarios, they've just gone with exactly the same old formula and slapped a Warhammer skin on it.

Think how cool it would be to know that you're up against an army of literally mindless warriors who will fight you until they are utterly destroyed. But no, apparently they get scared for their (un)lives and run away just like everyone else.

Sure, some thought would need to be put into balancing it, but this sort of thing is really a baseline standard which they just haven't met.

Oh lordy

I'm not impressed by the Counts. Every building seems devoted to either military production or increasing resources. No real flavor- I think I'd rather play the Calabim from Fall from Heaven if I want to be an evil vampire lording over a realm of mortal bloodbags.

Seriously, the Breeding Pit has more flavor in its description than the entire faction as executed in Total Warhammer.

It's also getting a lot of "works on my machine!" faggots, too.

I kekked.

Isn't there something fucked up about using the Steam version of Medieval for mods? Haven't been down that road in a while but I swear I recall something being messed up with that version for modding.

All games with Denuvo have been cracked already. Doom 4 was properly cracked a week after it came out

They don't have moral, they have binding instead, so they literally fall apart if their binding gets too weak, or if your leader dies, then pretty much your whole army just falls apart.

You're talking out your ass user.
reddit.com/r/CrackStatus/comments/4805du/crack_status_denuvo_games/

Oh, they don't run, but when they lose morale they become absolutely fucking useless. It's almost worse than a route since you'll lose units if you're not paying close attention. It would have been nice if they relied on necromancers or vampires to shepherd them into battle, instead- take out the leadership and they become fragile or even suffer backlash like taking out a synapse creature in 40k.

Another thing that's pissing me off is that, despite what the tooltip implies, you can't really raise the dead outside of your own province. I was hoping you'd get corpses at the end of every battle to add to your glorious horde, but I suppose not.

The problem is that binding acts EXACTLY like morale. Zombies get intimidated when flanked or when there are more enemies nearby.

I can see what they were going for with the grudge/conquest system thing, but, at the same time, it completely failed.

Take the Dwarves, for example. They can only conquer Dwarf and Greenskin territories.

This leads to the Dwarf player mercilessly exterminating his fellows instead of diplomatically merging with them- it's the fastest, safest, most profitable way to expand.

On top of that, Greenskins can only conquer land belong to Dwarfs or rival Waaughs!. What the fuck?

What they SHOULD have done is make it so only certain factions have strictures. The Empire can't attack factions it can merge with. Dwarf can't raise arm against Dwarf. Vampires, Chaos, and Orcs can conquer everything.

This is the very first image in the game's Steam page gallery. This is what they led with. This is what video games are like now.

Don't worry, we''ll finish the game sometime.

If they did that, people would just complain they couldn't attack other humans. You know this. No matter what CA did with this there would be whining on Holla Forums.

*They should've added picrelated**

playable factions:
RTW: 20
MTW 2: 17
Empire: 12
Shogun: 10
Rome 2: 8 (with 6 more for free. One of those being day 1 so really 9)

Warhammer: 4 (5 if you're dumb enough to preorder)

thats effectively all you need to know about the way CA is going.

>gf gifts it to me months ago

Just played two hours and dropped the game. Battle AI is atrocious, and I was winning battles against generic human rebels while using the exact same units as them. None of the interesting factions are in, and the factions that are in actually don't have different units. They really are just the same units with different models and slight stat tweaks.

Seriously, where are the elf factions, or the amazonians, or any of the other different factions? Why is the only way to play Empire to start in Reiksland, and where the fuck are all of the mercenaries and knightly orders?

And why did they waste time fully designing the cities in the cut scenes when they were going to turn around and use that fucking MSPaint-tier structure icon system again?

Also, I feel horrible for anyone who buys this shit and doesn't fork out the extra cash for Chaos. It is very clearly cut from the base game and sold seperately. How shitty do you have to be to take something core to a universe, put it in the intro movie, put it in the tutorial, surround the players with it, and then tell them it'll cost extra?

This is false. I played the game with an AMD-8350 on Windows 7 and their shitty optimization continuously ran all 8 cores at 70% and higher, but only during battles, since loading anything took 30 fucking minutes and used exactly one core.

I can say exactly one good thing about this game - it actually uses all of the cores on my processor. Too bad that it's just burning it all on abso-fucking-lutely nothing, because the game shouldn't idle at 70% and load at 15%.

I'm positive that processor issues are exclusive to Intel's shit. Everyone who has a problem is talking about their i7's, and the game is plastered with AMD logos. Everyone I know who has an i7 is struggling to run the game. The only person other than myself who had no problems was another AMD user. Too bad the game is ass.

That's the exact opposite of what the benchmark I posted earlier said - Good turn speed and load times due to somewhat decent CPU usage and shit FPS because it cant access more cores.

Let's be fair here, the 4 factions in Total Warhammer are all completely different. Plus the total number of factions in the warhammer universe is about 16 if you include far out shit like chaos dwarves.

The undead crumbling mechanic was in tabletop warhammer as well.

Everyone still has morale and fatigue.

The Orks use gold instead of teef. The Orks, despite being told they have large unit sizes, only field 30 Boyz in a unit, the same number that Imperials field.

I've only looked at two factions, so far, but they seem oddly similar for being so radically difference.

You're forgetting that all the factions in the previous total war games were basically just reskins of the same human unit models.
The factions in Warhammer has a huge variety in both the campaign map and battle map. They all require unique models, so they can't just pump out new factions like they did with Rome.

They're all still warhammer factions, but you don't have 20 different types of recolored spearmen with 1 flavor unit thrown in for variety.

I prefer less factions but bigger difference between them. Too bad that won't save this turd, faction variety has been the least of problems since Empire.

Holy shit, Thank you user

Chaos looks like the only faction that plays differently, for better or for worse.

On top of that, all the factions have the same building types. There's no flavor or variety- it's just military buildings, order/growth buildings, and gold buildings. You don't get interesting features, like a special recruitment ground that also boosts order or a gold producing structure that gives combat bonuses.

They didn't even TRY to hide it.

But they don't play differently enough to justify the sparseness. Orks don't berserk and charge towards the enemies. There's no Waaugh! energy crackling over the battlefield, concentrating where da Boyz are thickest and making them ded hard and killy.

I watched a Goblin catapult unit stand up to a squad of Black Orcs for ten seconds- they should have routed the instant they got in melee.

Skeletons get tired and are afraid of strong opponents. There's no more weight behind a charging group of freshly recruited Imperial pikes than with a howling band of Chaos Chosen.

Factions don't feel like there fluff. Orks don't get huge hordes of battlehungry maniacs, Dwarfs aren't reduced to a handful of brave souls who fight to the last, Imperials aren't a faction of easily spooked peasants and fiery souled preachers, the Counts don't lead a mindless horde of darkness, and Chaos isn't especially chaotic.

Every faction PLAYS THE SAME. It doesn't matter if they look and sound different if they all feel the same.

Mate, you'll never get the game you're describing. You should know this. And no i'm not saying that justifies the shortcomings of the game, but hell, we've been waiting for a total warhammer ever since medieval.

I suspected as much from watching the early access LP shillery.

The only actual difference seems to be the access to siege engines.

Perhaps the Denuvo shittery will lead to CA taking it out again. That'd be funny as hell.

Within the limitations of the total war engine they've done fine.

Where the game falls flat is the jewing. Denuvo, no demo version and a DLC faction at release?

Fucking hell.

But- and I can't believe I'm saying this- it's a worse game than Rome 2. By a fairly large margin.

It suffers a lot of the same issues, but they're amplified by how few factions there are. It's even worse considering how FEW units are available to each faction. For infantry, Orkz get goblins, boyz, big unz, black orkz, arrow boyz, night goblins, and night goblin archers.

The boyz all play the same, the gitz all play the same, they've just got different stats.

Also, the empire building and diplomacy are awful and to give Rome 2 credit, the Empire Building was actually kind of enjoyable, once CA fixed the crippling food/squalor issues and bare bones. The game focuses TOO MUCH on battle and there just aren't enough toys to play with there.

It all keeps tumbling down
tumbling down
tumbling
down

What a shame. Medieval 2 is still the best TW.

I prefer Rome, but that's mostly because of the Pope and Chivalry vs. Dread hacking me off every time I play.

Shogun 2 has the best UI, though.

That's just estimated steam numbers, and they are thrown off balance whenever there is a free weekend.

I'd like to see sales numbers for the ones that were available without steam.

You could try features.mod=mods/name_of_the_mod_folder as a launch command. Works for me

Do you guys ever remember the high level autists you've seen and wonder if they're okay, if they're happy?

I sometimes thing about the peanut butter girl. I hope she's doing okay in life and not struggling or anything.

Jesus, no wonder the CADF is in full force.

What's happening to australia's video game developers?

They used to be so good. Now they are all shitty.

The usual bullshit. SJWified.

Why was she putting peanut butter on herself?

I hope she is happy too user.

Why do autists do anything?

Has anyone else noticed how a noticable chunk of the most recent reviews are just people going "BAWW PEOPLE DIDN'T RECOMMEND THIS BECAUSE IT DOESN'T RUN AT ALL" and somehow these reviews are marked as really helpful?

there is a vote shenanigans going on.

Most of the top bad review have sometihng like 100% unhelpful with 5-6 votes while a shit load of the "helpful review" is the opposite.

Meaning the 70 cucks in that topic that did bother to wrote a comment aren't even capable to upvote the reviews saying that shit doesn't work…

You know what to do.

That happens with pretty much any game. It's ludicrously easy to fix votes by using scripts or bots or just a hired PR firm.

The Australian branch of CA was shut down 2 years ago.

Currently there are no AAA developers in Australia, the last was 2K that made Blunderlands the Pre-Sequel.

Oh shit I didn't know CA left australia.

That wold explain why their games are so shit these days, the original coders are all gone then and they are now just indian shitcoders probably.

Only the UK branch is left which I assume is filled by muds that are too busy trying to rape the single white woman on staff.

Brit-made video games used to be high quality.

We've come a long way since the days of rare.

Homefront the Revolution was made by Dambuster Studios which was stitched together from the corpse of Crytek UK which was cobbled together from the bones of Free Radical.

At least Japan is still making decent games.
EDF 4.1 for PC soon

Its playable as it is and theres a major update coming "soon™"

what is edf

A good game for once

Erotic Drill Fornicators.

Something where you get
TO SAVE OUR MOTHER EARTH FROM ANY ALIEN ATTACK

Edmonton District Firefighters.

I knew it would be shit but damn.

So I guess this won't be cracked for a while either.

Elves Dicked Forcefully

reddit.com/r/totalwar/comments/4ktop3/total_war_warhammer_we_want_to_know_your_first/

kek, what could possbily go wrong.

OR SCARY GIANT INSECTS THAT HAVE ONCE AGAIN COME BACK

Question: would you think the game would be better priced if it was a 30$ release for four factions and in 2-4 months later they add another 4-5 for another 30? I just don't see enough gameplay to be worth what they're asking for at launch

The game is worth 0 bucks if it doesn't run properly, like it seems to do.

I guess I was assuming in my example they would stop the practice of releasing broken software but thats a fair point

it's From vicious giant insects who have once again come back

WE'LL UNLEASH ALL OUR FORCES WE WON'T CUT THEM ANY SLACK

SO like a retard i bought this.

AND it won't even fucking download to steam. Steam is literally cock blocking me , and so i found this thread and realized that i should just refund it and get something else.

Thanks Holla Forums, i almost played a shit game.

I almost feel bad for the guy

I stopped giving a shit the very second I knew they were sectioning off Chaos as fucking DLC

glad to see my spider sense was working fine.

however, it's very depressing too see Warhammer in the current state that it's in

honestly it would even be better off as Public domain to get raped by deviant art at this point

THE EDF DEPLOYS

What could possibly go wrong.

Be glad they based the game on old WH. When all the DLC bullshit is released and Denuvo hopefully cracked, it might be worth to set the sails for.

Finally i can post this pic about PoM>>9439138

What the fuck Legend. I actually follow this guy on yt. Never knew he was capable of autism like this.

He's one of those publicity leeches, so of course he'd play 300+ hours of it before it even launches.

What surprises me the most is that he hasn't lost interest in the series. It seems highly unlikely that you can get 300 hours out of this.

Yes goyim! It's OK to be addicted, just so long as you keep buying our very Reasonably Priced™ DLC!

I'm really not

POM is such a fucking dork.

What the fuck kind of race is he?

At least it's not a tattoo.

Has THFE been shilling?
I watched a battle video he posted where he criticised the way siege battles are all pretty ,icy the same. He went further on in the comments too

Does the game have that thing in Rome 2 where if you zoom in a certain way all the units have creepy zombie faces?

He's a flip, IIRC.

Or some other Pacific islander.

Is this shit playable yet?

Installing now lads. Will see if it's fun

How about yes

Help anons, I never played a total war game before and was excepting to start with this one

But since I can`t pirate because of denuvo and most of you are saying it`s shit, what game should I start?

Rome 1 or Medieval 2.

You might be thinking of enders game, or the book which I havent read.

Shogun 2 is a good place to start for newcomers because it's an okay Total War title but more modern.

Then from there to Rome 1 and then Medieval 2.

Post proof then

Rome 1 if you want authenticity.

Attila if you're looking for something more recent yet a bit more polished.

I started with medival 2 and couldn't play Rome one because of how it made my eyeballs bleed so i'd start with Rome 1.

I don't even know what the fuck you faggots are talking about but this game has been running completely smooth for me and I'm running this on a toaster with a GTX 760 card and I'm running it on high. Been chugging like a powermill.

Must be AMD shitsters.

I do have to admit, the lack of animation for hero vs hero is kinda lame (which is weird considering that they implemented this shit on all of their previous games with one and one battles with regular units but decided to cut it out for heroes of all things).

They should have done some shit like Mark or Chaos which is exactly how it's done of the fucking tabletop. If your hero is in the general vicinity of your opponent's hero, you can challenge his hero to a duel of the death where one of you has to die, or you can refuse the duel and lose moral bonus to the military unit attached to your hero.

you never had an actual low end machine did you you cunt

Where can i go to laugh at imbeciles who fell for this.

"Runs fine for me" is meaningless since knowing normalfags they probably think 26 FPS is acceptable.

Right here. Launching it now

That's not how you spell rome: total war

rome is nice but medieval has warhammer and lotr mods

right here bby. having fun playing videogames

It's weird how mark of chaos has better graphics.

Rome 1 and then Medieval 2.

The rest of the series is irrelevant, but if you feel like trying out a certain time period go for it.
All of the warscape games are more or less playable despite being inferior.

Average CA fan.

a patch got released already that fixed that issue

but you can play it. what are you even complaining about? it wasn't even that it couldn't launch, just that it would take 10 minutes to authenticate with servers

lel

Bretonnia is playable in custom battles. Their roster has: One sort of Lord, two heroes, 2 spear inf, 1 bow inf, 3 cav, 1 missile cav, 1 monster and 1 artillery.

So about 11 units.

And they claimed they added units for Bretonnia, what they fuck they were supposed to have in the campaign.

obviously they lied because when you take a bit of the game and call it a free addition you lower the standards of what is considered a finished game and people will thank you for it

They already said that Bretonnia was being fixed and they were going to offer it as free DLC….

That's nice then, I didn't follow their bullshit PR stuff so I wouldn't know.

At this point I'm convinced that they're removing or excluding content on purpose, only to give it to us later for "free" so they'd get easy PR points among the retards.

Playing warhammer and having fun
It's not as bad as i expected it to be but it could be better.
NO LOOSE FORMATION
currently playing vampire counts

I mean Jesus even fucking Scythia and Numidia had 12 units total in R:TW

BUM FUCK NUMIDIA

Rome I is fantastic and still holds up today. Medieval 2 is good and has the best music+sieges of the series.

Atilla is a solid game but many here disagree with me.

Warhammer steam discussions is good shitposting grounds.

It looks like a good game

I've been playing the whole day as Empire, and by FUCK Dwarf factions piss me off. They keep randomly going to war with human factions half way across the map (dragging me into the war on both sides), razing cities, getting wrecked, sitting in their Karaks for the duration of the peace treaty, then charging back out and doing the exact same thing.

This is problem with across pretty much all the racial barriers (Orcs vs Vampire, Humans vs Dwarf etc.) because the campaign AI is driven by the same rules as in Attila. Combine this with the settlement/razing restrictions and you keep seeing factions going to war for stupid reasons, but since it's very difficult for them to actually go so far as to wipe them out entirely, they just keeping razing a few settlemts, makng treaties, then going to war again eight turns later. Since their relations are stuck in a permanent Hostile state.

*Since their relations are stuck in a permanent hostile state, they just keep doing this over and over again.

Can't you wipe out all their characters and family members to kill the faction off, or did they take that away?

The more I read about it the more I get the idea its barely better than a reskin of their previous games. Im sure even mods have done this better

Nigga, that stopped being a thing since fucking Empire.

Not sure about Rome 2, but some generals are unkillable in Attila and Napoleon (like Attila and Napoleon) and the same is true for the "great lords" in WaWa which act as the faction leaders.

Napoleon and Attila aren't unkillable, they just respawn the first few times they die. After that they're gone for good. If Warhammer has invincible lords, that's yet another reason on the mountain of reasons not to buy this shit.

That seems to be a common complaint with the Dwarfs randomly going to war with the Empire, making peace, then doing the same shit over and over again. Because fuck lore right?

Medieval 2 is probably the best game in the series. Rome 1 and Medieval 1 still hold up well. Napoleon and Shogun 2 are solid games. Attila? Not so much, I don't think.

They only get injured and out of commission for a few turns, and then get right back to it.
The only way to kill them is to take all of the faction's cities.

The same is true of Napoleon and I think Attila does get killed for real after getting injured a few times.

Shogun 1 holds up pretty well too. I kind of prefer the campaign maps from the first Shogun and Medieval

I always wondered why GW was so hesitant to make new games or original ideas with their licence. Almost all of the games bar a few are tactics and strategy games. Exceptions being space hulk, space marien, and fire warrior.
Why not a game about playing as a kroot assassin? It could have a lot of stealth game play aspects and planning ahead with traps.

Hows the game itself?

Wasnt spacehulk a top down turn based strategy game?

I meant the older one for the PS1. It was a squad based FPS.

Runs well for me, but after playing dwarf and orc all day the flow of the campaign and balance feels screwed. Playing as dwarf I found the Orcs could muster huge armies very early on from nothing. As dwarf they will attack your settlements then run away giving you the grudge of having to kill that army. But most of the time you will never catch them, and if you do chase them you will tend to walk into 3x more armies than you while you wonder where the fuck they came from. Playing as Orc it seems if you play combat right you should never lose to Dwarf. Shit ton of fast ranged units and the Dwarfs have to end up chasing them around like a Benny Hill show while you pepper them to death. Dwarfs have no answer, it's fucking dumb.

I played for 2 hours as the vampire counts but is it easy as fuck for anyone else??

Maybe it's the broken as necromancer ability that allows me to replenish my cavalries hp as soon as they shock and destroy a unit

Who /Himmler/ here?

Why is this meme still around, Medieval 2 does not age well, Shogun 2 from a pure mechanics and campaign point of view is beautiful

You don't even need to mod the AI or campaign to have loads of fun

Hemmler here I keep getting decimated by the fucking empire. I can't catch up to their pistol calvalry with my own and since they have cheap but abundant units they can get a bunch of spearmen to defend their crossbowmen while the swordsmen hold off my melee units at bay. Even though i lost this battle it was really fun seeing the AI doing non retarded shit for once. They attacked my calvary with spearmen and harrassed my spears with their pistol calvalry

Also what is a vampire crypt? I wanted to create the building that allowed huge monsters but it said i required vampire crypt and there isn't a building named that.

Who wants to play as a bunch of gooks, though?

could this retarded meme finally die?

Sounds pretty accurate to me. The dwarves in warhammer are idiots who go on grudge-induced suicide marches regularly.

Every weeaboo on this site
But then again, most of them are console focused.

The shills have turned it around.

They fixed the main issue
All the retards will upboat now

There are still a plethora of other issues. It looks worse and runs worse than Rome 2.

Doesnt matter, the average consumer is such a good goy now that they will thank the devs for fixing a problem at launch. If they release even more fixes they reach "god-tier" status with these retards

The literary form of liquefied jew vagwater.

Media told them it's good, so to them it's good.

that's not remotely true at all user, if you're going to attack problems with the game attack the poor balance

I've been using dire wolves to attack and stall them while my normal cavalry come in to smash them into bits when they try that bullshit on me when they mop up the harassment I just charge their normal artillery units and win because aboniations are unstoppable

So could you post a link to DooD crack then?

I expected we'd at least get Bloodletters, Nurglings, and Lords of Change, if nothing else. Hell, there aren't even fucking beastman that I can see.

Oh, but we get DRAGON OGRES because that's what EVERYONE thinks of when they want to play Chaos!

I did it Holla Forums,I learned, I finally learned.

"Just wait for the DLC, theyll fix it, Im sure of it."

You sound very pathetic

Its going to feel 3 times better when you buy a good game now.
Dont fall for pack mentality like the faggots buying Overbotch and Doomed youll feel nothing but regret and emptiness after the first days of excitement.

What is the combat like now?
Do units still blob now?

Yes. Even the Monstrous Units. They knock units back and send them flying occasionally, but there's just as much blobbing.

sad to hear :-(
they really need to hire whoever made the engine for rome total war and medieval total war 2

and create something better than warscape, amazing to see how far the very name of "Total War" has fallen

Then why are people still making huge overhaul mods for it?
Purely gameplay-wise it's the best game in the series. This is a fact.

Shitgun 2 is bloody rock-paper-scissors on a bigger scale and that's about it.
Everything else that they put in, like research, is only there to slow you down and restrict you in the dumbest ways imaginable.
Generals and agents are shit and are more like robots rather than humans.

It's a shit game, and people were drawn in only because it was actually playable at launch.

At least when I fall for bait it comes with a shitty game, you just get shitposting in return.

try the Third Age mod, that still looks as stellar as ever,and will run smooth too

Rome has EB, for maximum autism. And Roma Surrectum, for maximum legion, and triarri with spears and swords.

I have just finished 6h session of playing Chaos Warriors.

It kinda looks like like they took 8th edition of tabletop and tried to make game out of that without fully understanding what it going on. For example you can get chaos warriors with weapons from tabletop but they didn't included the marks at the same time.

Picking your army works like just choosing from army list of Chaos Warriors, dragon ogres, chaos spawns, warriors of chaos, no demons only humans and monsters. All daemons are from Chaos Daemons army list, so they aren't here.
I didn't like spiting them in tabletop and I still don't. This also means daemons are not in the game as we didn't got daemon faction. It is bad because daemons weren't entirely separate army in lore and it is bullshit to make chaos army with 0 greater daemons or daemon princes in it.

The fact eye of the gods table rule is gone is one giant bullshit. In tabletop your hero could get random buffs or transform into chaos spawn after killing some stronger unit, they could even be turned into daemon prince as their reward. It is gone.
So no random units bursting into chaos spawns as they kill others, getting tougher or suddenly growing wings.
They basically removed the aspect of chaos gods watching your battles and buffing toying with your units, like they did with mark of each god.

Overall it is decent but at the same time it should have been much more. Lets hope modding faggots will fix it or they will add rest the other half of the factions and world as DLC. It also feels bit too simple for my taste but all of management will most likely come in other factions.
I don't regret buying it, I will easily play it for over 100h and enjoy it. I won't recommend it to anyone who isn't huge Warhammer Fantasy fag.

Hired some dire wolves and a few big guys on your advice. The conjoined with another faction and that puts them at my border. Wish me luck

What i did in my one battle which was a success was deployed the dogs in the forest then had them attack archers that were too far back

OK, I haven't finished the campaign yet, but I got through the End Times event and I assume it's back to regular map painting and suicide dwarfs.

What happens is that you start getting Chaos corruption everywhere, Chaos Warriors slowly get a few full-stacks alongside the Norscan raiders, and finally Archaon spawns. At this point all human and dwarf factions are supposed to band together and get huge diplomatic buffs to force them to stop fighting - though I think the southern human factions might be bugged even though they get a "Shield of Civilization" description.

I guess what happens next depends on how the map looks by somewhere after turn 100. Most likely outcome is Middenland and all the Northern factions being practically wiped out, but the Empire/Bretonnia just about weathering the invasion.

I killed Archaon outside Altdorf and wiped out the rest of the stacks as they started splitting up across Reikland. I may have been lucky because they let themselves be picked off now and again. In any case it's nowhere near as bad as the 16+ respawning Hun stacks in Attila. Anyway, at this point I got a "Age of Peace?" popup which basically says the factions are going to go back to whacking each other as per usual. So I assume there are no more big events until I finish the campaign.

Is this another case of Ubisoft syndrome? Did they pozz their staff with diversity hires of women and minorities and thus filled it to the brim with un(der)qualified idiots who can't do their job right?

Its a swedish dev

I really really like Shogun 2 as well. Especially the attention to detail is amazing. It's a great game and runs very well.

However, you should really revisit Medieval 2 and Rome if you think it's a "meme" to think those are the best in the series. Battles feels so much better than anything the Warscape engine could produce.

I especially recommend the Kingdoms campaign about England and the one about the one about the crusader states in Medieval 2 if you haven't played it in a while.

So did they work on the AI at all?

Are they anymore less retarded than previous games? I won't be buying obviously but I want to know if CA is improving even marginally.

Ignore flag

What a pathetically small map. The CK2 Warhammer Fantasy mod does it right.

I would absolutely date her.

Rome 1. Has great mods making shit even more legit. Sage because triplepostan.

I came into this thread to say fuck you. You are no one to say retarded shit like that like you know what you're talking about and your mentality is actively making the video game industry worse.

Been playing this all day
It's actually pretty fun, sorry guys

also just took the time to look through the thread and fags complaining about charges being broken are just straight up lying. Charging a unit of shitters with an elite cav will send the entire unit flying.

Please answer

I lost the game on turn 15 because the AI beelined me.

the campaign AI is very aggressive and will fuck you in the anus if you put your armies in the wrong place.
The battle AI is better than med2/rome1 AIs by a long way.

You don't expect people to seriously believe you do you.

AI is a little too good as it seems to have super agressive heroes everywhere murdering everything while the amount the players needs to get so many is dumb.

I find it rather hard to believe the AI is better than MTW2 or R2, webm it if you truly believe this.

He's right about the campaign AI being aggressive. They will exploit weakness with all the ruthlessness of Civ IV's cheating AI.

The Dwarf and Empire factions seem to have the most work put into them. The Vampire Counts were a late addition and tacked on when they realized they only had three factions. Orcs are barebones, Chaos are terribly implemented.

Another thing that's bothering me about the Counts is that mindless undead gain experience. Why?

Medieval 2 had SHIT Campaign AI. It would CONSTANTLY feed the player groups of peasants supported by a single knight unit and two catapults.

I don't give a flying fuck if you believe me pal, makes no difference to me

Also I said rome 1 not 2, pirated 2 and dropped it soon after launch so I don't know what the AI is like in 2.

Aggression on mistakes and cheating is standard total war AI. If it has to cheat that means it's still dogshit. The important part is whether or not the combat AI is actually any good or is it still going to suicide against the equivalent of an ashigaru spear wall.

I have yet to see the AI feed me piecemeal armies. In fact right now I have 3 AI full stacked Orcs armies going around together in a group fucking everyone up right now. Very early in game too, I have no answer if they come my way.

Meant to post R1, my mistake

From the battles I've played as dwarf against orc. The AI will constantly try to send fast units behind your lines to flank you. The only units that direct charge me are infantry. Ranged will move around to keep max range to the point of annoyance.

they aren't afraid to tie up your stronger missile cavalry in melee with their weaker missile cavalry to stop you firing, surprised me

Does it get predictable?

My hopes are that if CA actually improved they might bring more to the table in the future.

It can do, I know if I see the Orcs mounted fast units they will try go down the sides or gaps, to get behind things. Is the AI awesome now? No. Is it an improvement on before? Yes, a large improvement.

How about diplomacy? Is it similar to R2 and Attila or like MTW2?

Not sure I've had enough time to judge diplomacy, but from early game as Dwarf I've found it pretty limiting. It makes no sense to parley with Orcs or Undead. And diplomacy with other Dwarfs just comes down too, lets be friends and attack orcs together. Seems to be one of the weaker parts of the game that I've seen so far.

well, thing is this basically is the Bretonnia rooster from the tabletop, maybe missing one or two units

I don't care what language you speak, if you're white and you love freedom like that you're OK in my book. I hope Trump unifies us.

Is this game good or shit?

New low for WH games for sure.

why can't my favorite series be great again? ;_;

Conversation I had with my brother yesterday:

At least he's waiting a few years for the price tag to drop. R-right?

I mentioned in an earlier post of mine about how the AI wasn't completely retarded liked charging cavalry into your spears. I'll repeat myself when i say that so far the empire has kicked the shit out of my vampire armies with their sheer range and maneuverability, it was early game for me so i didn't have much cavalry but the AI took advantage of my armies not having any ranged units and peppered me with their crossbowmen while their pistol cavalry harrassed my melee cavalry. I was planning on attacking the spearmen with my swordsmen but they dogpiled all their inferior swordsmen at my swordsmen to keep them busy while their spearmen attacked my cavalry and the crossbowmen evened the odds against the melee battle.
I haven''t fought dwarves yet because it's been a long battle against the empire.
I won't say the AI is amazing or even good but it's alot better than medieval 2 cavalry charging into my spears

Diplomacy AI isn't as fucking garbage as it was in medieval 2 but I wouldn't say it improved at all. I can't judge it right now but if you give gifts or treaty with one faction it'll be a penalty to a faction that hates the faction you gifted. The amount your penalized equals the amount of favor you gain from the faction you gifted.

That single reason is retarded and he should feel retarded. I only got this because it had giant units

That's true, but your reason is even more retarded, honestly.

This faction was totally well thought out and not just slapped into the game so they wouldn't have to ship with three playable groups.

It's better than Shogun 2 and Empire and even Rome 2 as well, though. You actually get requests to help similarly aligned factions for rewards and bonus diplomacy points. It makes it feasible to confederate, though war is probably a faster option.

How are vassals now? Are the vassal mechanics as retarded as in previous games like shogun 2?

I like how the usual shit lords like Jim Sterling and TB aren't even covering the fact that CA are censoring all criticism of the game and DRM both on Steam's community forums and on their own forums as well.

Seriously fuck this industry. If we only call out shit when Digital Homicide does it we've accomplished jack shit really when a big AAA pulls it and no one bothers to actually call them out on it.

Keep boiling that frog faggots. Eventually there will be wide spread censorship, DRM in all games, Microtransactions standard, In-game advertising.. you fucking name it, they'll try it.. because people as so far fucking cucked that AAAs will always get away with it.

Industry is kill.

The only things wrong with MTW2 diplomacy was the AI initiating it every turn and that only agents could initiate it, not an overlay.

Can you trade/buy/give provinces/cities in Warhammer?

They solved town defense AI by just removing town defense maps. All sieges are just open-field battles, unless there are walls on the settlement.

Ignoring that they just up and fucking pulled town battles like the cancer they've become, the AI is just as bad as ever. Campaign AI is still useless, and the AI will (still) often respond to your advances on their cities by taking their superior armies and casually walking away for no reason at all. Orc armies will just walk in a straight line to your cities and get pounded. When it comes to battle AI, only two things seem to happen - The AI stands still on top of a hill and waits for you to climb it, or the AI will berserk charge at you from across the map, tiring out every one of it's units and throwing the entire fight for no gain. This seems more true when fighting orcs and vampires. When the AI berserk charges at you, if they have any cavalry/flying units, they'll berserk charge in an L shape, moving to your side and then into your units. They're not smart enough to navigate around units, so if you keep spearmen/ranged units on your flanks, you can kill all of their cavalry while they stand still waiting for the rest of their army to get close enough so they can berserk charge together. This goes doubly so for ranged cavalry like pistoliers, because the AI seems to like to ignore ranged weapons on cavalry and just charge.

I couldn't tell you if siege battles have any acceptable AI. Since they pulled town battles and the AI just leaves most of their cities undefended even when they could fight you off, I've never taken a capital that I didn't just auto resolve. The AI has never gotten bold enough to attack any of my walled cities, except an Empire lord who attacked Reikland with a spearman at 50% and a crossbowman at 30%, but I just auto resolved that one, too.

I'm just going to assume they pulled town battles because their siege AI is still 100% incapable.

Blobbing is more of a thing than ever before.

Shogun 2 objectively has the best combat mechanics and the best combat controls. You're confusing a good campaign with a good battle map and getting bent out of shape.

You cannot trade provinces or cities at all in Warhammer outside of forcing someone of your own race to join your confederation, which works in the exact same manner as confederations in Rome 2.

The single only improvement they made to diplomacy over Rome 2 is that you can manually type how much gold you want to give/demand. Even the voice overs are inconsistent - some statements have voice clips, some are just eerily silent.

Nope. Shit sucks, I thought nobody used it except me. I want to claim a teritory closer to my borders in exchange for one far off but closer to the traders border. win-win

What?

This.

Apparently a mod immediately came out that allows the conquering of every region no matter what faction you're part of.

Yep they do that

I finally see what people are talking about. 3 Full stacks on my border and i'm the way of their conquest

It seems to me you're supposed to turtle up after getting one or two full provinces for a while. Especially as Vampires since you'd just be getting attrition from walking through regular land anyway. So I suppose you need to conquer Sylvania and then buttfuck the surrounding lands via Vampire corruption buildings first.

Also I was completely fucking right by saying the other human factions are not fleshed out:

honga.net/totalwar/warhammer/faction.php?l=en&v=warhammer

It's more like this.

I have noticed it usually ends up like this.
They seem to form long "tails" and only a 5th or so of the unit is actually engaged.

Isn't that how battles typically fold out when they're melee combat

From my reading of roman battles that's how it seemed to play out where they'd try ball up and over power to make breakthroughs in the enemy line

And this is one of the reasons people preferred Warhammer Fantasy over Age of Sigmar.

If only you could pirate miniatures.

Those do look surprisingly good for Warhammer Fantasy 40k

The only thing I will give them is that they look good.
But most of their designs are bad so it evens out.

Like new Archaon, my god these 3 heads look retarded.
Not to mention Sigmarines with crossbow bolters.

3d printers soon, friend.

It's good tbh fam :^)

Cant refund it anymore now

making fantasy races is hard user
CA is used to just copy-pasting romans and japs (and brits) and just change the colour after all

CRACK WHEN

Denuvo

No, romans have it unique, they *rotates* their melee fighters out.

We Hellenes stick with our formation and just overrun the barbaros.

Only filthy barbarians (and orcs, and skavens, and Bretonnians - redundant), but Imperials and Dwarfs should not do that.

It's been done before… Right?

Denuvo is different for every game, so expect a wait time of a couple of weeks to a couple of months.

Didn't 3DM agree not to crack anything for an entire year to see if it actually effects sales?

The Undead do have a morale system, but it's not "run away when we get scared".

It's "When we get scared, we start falling apart". They still fight, they just take more damage.

They retracted that less than a week later

A little inaccurate. It functions like a moral system but it's true to the table top. When the bind of undead gets low they start to crumble. It's not taking more damage, it's literally them crumbling while they fight. They will still fight to the death but most units will drop dead before they even get to fight. If the leader dies in a undead army they'll disintegrate which is an accelerated version of crumbling where the units will all die in seconds in mass.

I need new friends.

Fuck hell.

I can understand people bitching about game breaking shit but reload animations? really?
How about the fact that we can't choose what faction we can play as? Since there are multiple factions in the human side for example why couldn't we pick one of each to start with?