Kind of a rough topic to discuss, but are there any games like Borderlands without the Burch...

Kind of a rough topic to discuss, but are there any games like Borderlands without the Burch? Me and my friend had a ton of fun with the first game, but I ignored the second. Then all that shit about Burch came out and at this point I really can't even enjoy the first game.

So was the second actually worth playing, or like I asked earlier, is there something like the first game but better?

Other urls found in this thread:

borderlands.wikia.com/wiki/Borderlands_2_pop_culture_references
archive.is/WTvYT
youtube.com/playlist?list=PLDETXx3lcTUqaBMtdGtw7NQi57UtOSI9Z
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Battleborn :^)

If you're after the same type of gameplay, it's blacktavision to the rescue with The Division.
If you're after a similar art style, there are tonnes of PS2 games with cell shading.
If you're after the same aesthetic, look for any generic wasteland esque game now…..
If want the writing, kill yourself.

I don't give a fuck who helped make it, it's a more interesting game.

The goliaths fucking terrified me the first time one popped its head. Not even the Silent Hill series disturbed me that badly.

just look for any FPS with COOP story mode and you will be set.

But to answer your question, Mad Max.

It's amazing, 10/10. It's what Borderlands wished it could be.

I don't think Burch did anything on the first one so just keep playing that one I guess.

If you're really desperate, pirate or buy BL2 used and just play through it muted.

I sincerely believe the second game is better. Yes, the humor is stupid. The gameplay is not hurt by this.

Get it on the super cheap during a sale or through some key reseller.

Just be careful with the Pre-Sequel if you try to head that direction. I'm not sure if I was just burned out after 500ish hours of Borderlands 2, but I could barely finish my one and only playthrough of that game.

But, yes, fuck Gearbox, fuck Anthony Burch. That said, you know what they say about monkeys and typewriters.

The first one's good and though the second has shit humor and SJW agendas shoved down your throat it's still a better game. Less buggy, more optimized, more stuff to do. Jack's a fun character too. Ignore everything Burch-related and there's a game to be salvaged there.

anyone have some examples on how bad the writing gets in 2? I know the presequel is when they went full burch, but I've not seen how preachy or meme filled 2 was.

The first game, Burch wasn't involved in that. It's also why the first game had decent writing.

I beat the second game twice, and I really disagree with this.
It does some things better than the first, like more varied locations and enemies, but a lot of weapon types are now useless, the really rare guns (edrium guns or whatever the fuck they were called) are all garbage. Money is useless, some of the classes are useless, it's got serious power creep problems and it's a little too story focused.

Rage

see how long you can last

Not all the E-tech guns suck; E-tech SMGs (plasma casters) are some of the best guns in the game without even being unique.

man… that dialogue is try hard as fuck.

Can any other anons attest to this? I've been thinking of picking this one up, but I've heard so little about it.

Both of my roommates used to play borderlands on a regular basis all the time. Both of them are like 300 hours on 2, but for one reason or another they couldn't be bothered to even do most of the side content in pre-sequel. So it may have been a bit of burn out, but I think it was likely something to do with the game itself.

If you're looking for co-op like Bordermemes don't get Mad Max. MM however has superior combat, setting, writing and everything else

No and your fucked if you want anotherone since unfortunately a lot of what makws borderland 1 good has to do with lawsuits, theft of assets, stolen writing, people who were fired, and an joke that fucked the second.

I hate that this is true.

(Checked)
The Presequel is plagued by having big areas with nothing to do, alongside all of the uniques/legendaries being dropped by non-respawning quest enemies. Farming weapons means having to ALT+F4 every run, at least it did at release.

Also they fucked gameplay balance in 2 and presequel.

How the fuck is she in these games?

If you want an FPS with a lot of guns an a little bit of rpg stuff, try the doom rogue like arsenal mod with the legendoom mod. The graphics are obviously dated, but it does have co op too.

I imagine it involves a lot of literal cocksucking.

How do you think retard?
She has friends in HR.

Also voiceactor unions.
Which you should be against.

It's a good game otherwise. The only problem I had, other than the dialogue, was that they nerfed the shit out of drop rates so you'd have to play through the game 3 times to get legendaries or even epics at the same rate you did in the first one, but they fixed that in the last patch.
I'd talk about how it also has better graphics, gameplay and whatever, but someone ITT probably already did that. Try it man, pirate it first if you're unsure. Don't ignore it just because the majority on Holla Forums hates it, form your own opinion.
Also don't judge it based on the tutorial area. That makes it look like one of the worst games I've ever played.

Borderlands with no sound.

Neither game was good, not as a shooter and not as an RPG. The only reason they got away with it was because it was fresh. I can give a more detailed explanation if you want.

In-depth analysis coming right up. Like says, though, it's a game you have to make your own mind up for. That's not to say that Holla Forums doesn't have reason to hate this game or its parent company.

I'm going to be crystal clear, here. Holla Forums hates vidya meme aside, Burch is a dick of a no-talent writer that dragged a moderately good product down with his nonsense (and without any grace or humility when the VAs outshined him via ad-lib), and takes part in some shady biz/media practices. And Randy Pitchford is a thieving, lying, conniving asshole who'd exploit any means to cut a bonus check for himself at the end of the year at cost to both public and his own employees, as has been noted several times over the last two years. Buying Gearbox or 2K, in that sense, is rewarding piss-poor behavior and enabling people who deserve it the least.

Which is why I say if you enjoy it, snag a used copy. Don't give them more dosh if you can help it.

I recently replayed 2 with a friend
the drop rates I was getting were pretty insane
though that might just be me

here are some legitimate problems with the game

I'll add to that

i hate that i wasted as much time as i did on those games, disgusting skinner box, low level game design for morons.

They broke the box in Borderlands 2. In the first one, I never even thought about releveling my guns, because I always had awesome new ones to play with. In BL2, I find myself abandoning great guns for vendor trash, because I need more damage and don't have anything else.

They also broke the pacing for single player. In BL2 I have to do all side missions, and then grind on top of that, between story missions. Otherwise I wouldn't be able to do any damage to some of the bosses, and assorted bullet-sponges they throw at me.

Me and my friend were playing Borderlands 2 recently, and we had a lot of fun mocking the game and it's writing. The gameplay is legitimately alright though

Is the Pre-Sequel worth getting from some shitty key site for me and them if we want to play more co-op games?

The way I hear it, 2K Australia got canned not long after its release. Let that sink in.

It was coop in an open RPG world with "mad max" style cars.

Game was also considerably easier with a team.

There's Destiny and The Division, but both are shittier.

Hey Burch

I want to Tiny Tina. But she's going to have to shut up first.

Wait, you can do that? I've only played Borderlands 1, but I don't remember that. Maybe my memory is just foggy.

That's what gags are for

That's just plain awful.

There's always the right option.

some lines don't suck and some are so forced they'd suck even in a sitcom

Dead Island has the same gameplay loop, drop dependency, and coop. Shit tone and has weapon maintenance

Yeah, the cast in 2 had a much worse skillset than the cast in 1 (which was another reason why regulating them to pussy NPCs who got beaten up by a shitty boss was so offensive. God, fuck Anthony Burch).

In Memelands 1 the Hunter gets a skill that allowing him to bypass shields thus making the endgame ayylmaos (whose gimmick was high shields, low health) little more than cannon fodder. A soldier with the right build in co-op could heal his allies so much so quickly they were near invincible. Then in Memelands 2 you just got shit. I mean for Christ's sake they made fucking dual-wielding a fucking class-specific ability.

And there's so much more I could go into (especially the fucking writing) but it makes me angry just thinking about it. I had a blast playing Memelands 1 with buddies and I really wouldn't recommend doing any more than that.

You can get a better version from a chest but that's about it

Yeah, but it's also a complete pile of shit. Legitimately wouldn't recommend that garbage to anyone, no matter how desperate they are.

The PC port is pure quality too with an entire cutscene being bugged with missing textures. The game's pretty bad so co-op on it ends up being fun because you just shit all over the game with your mate.

Enjoy.
borderlands.wikia.com/wiki/Borderlands_2_pop_culture_references

0:29

I'm surprised no one finds it "problematic" that she apes the speech of black people to be comedic.

In 2's defense, Kreig was insanely fun to play as, his dialogue was cringey as fuck though.

The thing is, all the badness is actually adding to the game, the game is hilarious when you play with a friend. It's like watching a good bad movie but instead you are actually playing in it.

Oh, they did back then. Borderlands 2 got so much shit for Tiny Tina's niggerspeak being culturally insensitive.

so much so that IIRC, in one of the DLCs burch had another character call her out

They did.
archive.is/WTvYT

I didn't realize this is a multi-part series
youtube.com/playlist?list=PLDETXx3lcTUqaBMtdGtw7NQi57UtOSI9Z
Here's the playlist so you can see all these shitty memes and pop culture references. This obviously doesn't pertain to the game's story, but it does pertain to world building. It's telling just how little creativity went into making this world seem alive and interesting and organic.

It's a neat little game for Game Boy, don't know why people are pissing on it either. It's a bit dry, and the combat isn't anything special, but it's got a nice atmosphere at the very least.