Let's talk about Digimon again. Who would you partner-up with?

Let's talk about Digimon again. Who would you partner-up with?

For me, it has to have an evolution line to RustTyrannomon, but I also have a soft-spot for making toys want to go badass. So the obvious choice here is ToyAgumon, and then from up it's FlareLizamon and Gigadramon/MetalTyrannomon.

Other urls found in this thread:

pastebin.com/YqP5pQbk
imgur.com/a/LcFfR
digimon-digital-adventures.tumblr.com/
kissanime.to/Anime/Digimon-Tamers-Sub
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1bXYOUzghU8TbcErtSfq__YpTaAgmKhNIejMRT8mKj10/edit#gid=0
drive.google.com/file/d/0BwgTPexfebTbS2Y5WlJuY0hJS1E/view
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

They told me I could be anything
So I became Omegamon

I think he should be localized as "Omnaymon", but that's just me.

The only one that matters. I don't care if she's popular, she's fucking hot.

Renamon…heh

Wait a minute these aren't digimon

Smell my giant ass-donut.

GABUMON IS CUTE! CUTE!

Nice double dubs, shame that Chaosmon is way cooler.

Smell my cock-doughnut, sir.

Not unless you moan like an actual girl and have been on hormones for at least 3 years.

I honestly thought the first pic was an inflation fetish.

You would have that, wouldn't you, you sick fuck.

As long as you have a girl face and a girl voice. Tits or no, face and voice are far more important.

Man look, no guy can pull off a successful tranny like Asians do. So he might as well just give up and be bi leaning male.

GABUMON IS PURE! PURE!
Gabumon is for friendship and hugs!

Oh my God you're like those mentally-ill gremlins in the Kamen Rider general on halfchan /m/ who go on about some nigger that likes Ghost and hates Drive.

Bitch is too quiet.

Ass-donut, you say?

The correct choice

Too much gun and I love it

God that's disgusting, please put it away.

Ladydevimon gave the biggest boner when I was a kid.

If Megadramon could be my friend I would partner up with him because he has awesome gun-hands and flies.

Otherwise I'll settle for Betamon.
heh

You can only be so voluptuous until it starts looking really disgusting, Sunibee.

the fuck is the word "jogress" even

is it just a random nonsense word for "fusion"?

anthropomorphic donut holes

Man
man fuck you
fuck you op
i dunno man
fuckin pikachu?
Shit.
Pancho?

Combination of "joint" and "progress" or something like that IIRC.

Japanese mispronunciation of progress. Jogress evolution is race-mixing propoganda

I have no idea what you are talking about

I'd tell you to look it up, but you'd probably turn into one of them. I swear they're actually doing this shit unironically.

What does Gabumon look like without his fur on?

probably sunflowermon.

then it has the potential to digivolve to lilamon which is the hottest digimon.

Agumon

Man, I just realized how sad Gabumon is. He's some ugly ass dinosaur fucker who can't stand the sight of himself so immensely that he covers it all up with a wolf's pelt.

But it doesn't even stop there. He hates himself so thoroughly that when he evolves he literally becomes the wolf.

Oh fuck

that is actually pretty good. cause makes out gabumon to be some overweight deformed agumon with a horn.

plus in the animu/mango he was shy as fuck. He didn't want anyone to see him without his pelt on when he had to dry it after getting it wet.
poor guy heh

Ogremon because he was a fucking bro or Tankmon for dakka

What does that mean?

I dunno of a better way to call it. I just came up with my own characters and plot for Digimon in my mind.

Tell us bundle of sticks

Either of these guys.

Alright, but you asked for it…

pastebin.com/YqP5pQbk

And by the way, there's a little more to it than this, but that just kinda in the way of how to tell the story.

don't you die on me

hurrrk

Holy mother of autism

Mugendramon a best

Speaking of Digimon, how is this game? It came out a couple months ago, but I've seen no one talk about it. I just got a Vita, and I liked the first Digimon World game (still need to play Re: Digitize Decode), so I'm pretty tempted to get this and maybe Cyber Sleuth as well.

shit is that the one where the antag is the MC from the very first DW game?

I don't know if that's actually how things go, but that was what people were speculating.

I WANT TO FUCK GUILMON IN HIS CUTE ASSHOLE AND CUM INSIDE HIM

I WANT TO FEEL THE JIZZ FLOWING OUT OF MY DICK WHILE I FEEL HIS WARM INSIDES EMBRACE MY COCK

I forgot all about that. That's some interesting shit. I remember there was some very small hubbub here about it a bit ago, probably when it had just come out. If I could pirate it, I'd probably try and struggle through with my poor Japanese.

Is that a different artist from the other new Digimon games? It doesn't really resemble how the DRRR guy does things, unless his style has evolved just that much.

I thought those sprinkles were maggots at first
but then was disappoint

He's a good guy inside though, there was that episode where he gave Matt the pelt to stay warm and Gabumon stood outside in the snow to hide his nakedness and got a cold as a result.

Re:Digitize had the MCs from the first season of the show, but that was a cheap muh nostalgia copout
Hopefully if this has the kid from DW1, it won't be the same.

Was the original show actually any good, or am I just gonna be disappointed if I go back and watch it now?

Not difficult

Yes, it's good.
Just don't watch the US dub.

Seriously, take this man's advice. The English dub:

- Butchers the writing. Everything has to be a joke, there's even jokes when there was no talking previously.
- Replaces the great soundtrack with terrible music
- Censorship
- Tries to hide the fact that a major location is Japan if I remember correctly. I remember them changing Hikarigaoka to Highton View Terrace and erasing any Japanese writing that they found.

Well that fucking goes without saying

Although actually, we are on Holla Forums, so I guess you do have to say it don't you

I watched the dub when I was a kid because I had no other options, but now I know better. Anyways, thanks. I'll go check it out.

Have fun, nig.

I dunno, I don't know much of this show but if I had to partner up with one I guess I wouldn't want too much bullshit, definitely want one with good Bro-Tier potential, and I think this little dude might just be it. Turtles are neat, and this is one that has a soliders helmet so that's cool.
Also it evolves into a walking, floppy CD player so I have a portable ghetto blaster for all of my traveling needs, and while it might hit a 2 Cool 4 U setting after that if we should survive long enough to get Megas, he can turn into Robo-Gamera, and honestly that's the best kind of friend a guy could want in a hostile digital environment.

best digimon, Mervamon cutest.

No, that's the Commandramon line up until Ultimate

You forgot one.

for completionism

So…anyone plays Linkz? The moble game

Hey Digimon, hey Digimon

And there's the bully

No according to spoilers he was just trying to free his friend after he got brainwashed by Analogman

I think I'd go with Hawkmon if I could choose. Each species in his default line is among my favorites design-wise and wasted on worst girl. Most of his alternate evolutions in Cyber Sleuth are awesome too. Plus being Free attribute seems like the safe option if I only get one digimon.
imgur.com/a/LcFfR

FUCK ME I'M SOLD

also JP > EN, mainly because the west butchered Digimon badly and renamed some digimon and that caused some problems

I've always liked Lilithmon's style. She's been a favorite since I was young.

So I guess the line would go Tsukaimon>Witchmon>Bastemon>Lilithmon

I kind of wish I had friends who liked the shows. I feel like the setting would make for a pretty exciting Pen and Paper campaign.

obviously some sexy monster girl digimon like lillymon or ranamon

It does.
There are rules somewhere on the web but I didn't save the link
I only saved the PDF

Dang son. Tone fits with some of the later seasons, but it'd need some tweaking.

I could see it working in a more teen based setting though. Maybe the MC and his team are like a privatized version of DATS? Hit a sort of split where they're the private investigators to some other faction's police force?

Exploring the idea of prejudice and the tendency of the human mind to jump to extremes when confronted with the unknown is very Digimon, though.

I can tell you from personal experience that it does.
In fact, someone is working on a homebrew system for Digimon roleplaying, but I haven't kept up with development enough to know if it's improved much since I played it.
digimon-digital-adventures.tumblr.com/

Shit! Thanks for that. Now I would just need to convince my group to actually give it a shot.

Likelihood of success is hovering around .001%

Digimon Adventure is pretty okay, very formulatic but doesn't have any dips. Straight-forward and decent childrens adventure.

Even if you don't like it, check out Tamers, which was written by a batshit insane horror writer who put in maximum suffering and lovecraftian horros in it for puns.
Its a massive rollercoaster ride and extremely character driven - if you like that, you'll love Tamers

Motherfucking vemmon

don't you want a galactimon? How about after that, a digimon fused with earth, not just an orbital satellite?

Having now looked over the pdf posted, I'm really getting back into the series.

What are the chances that we'll get an actual tv series with the tones of the games? I really, really want to see that happen.

Also how was Cyber sleuth? I'm a poorfag and can't afford to get either system it was on.

There are movie's coming out for it, based on the characters in the first digimon season, has some pacing problems since it was turned into a movie release rather then a series.
But the core tone is in it.

I know about Tri, but those are a year between releases. It is definitely quality stuff, but I was hoping for an actual ongoing series.

At the very least I suppose that the teams behind the franchise are reading the age of their fans. Don't get me wrong, I enjoy the shows just fine, but there's this sort of feeling of getting deeper over time and I guess I'm just holding out hope that they'll bring that into a mainline show. Would love to see one of the main characters get partnered with a Nightmare Soldier digimon. Hell, just go whole hog and give him/her Lilithmon because fuck yes Lilithmon.

Its not yearly, its 2-4 a year.
Since the first two movies are out for it already.

I completely disagree, Adventure was mostly "children on a grand adventure" but Tri is just awkward teens eating stuff or cute girls/mons doing cute things for 80% of the time while they're inconvenienced by the plot following them around.

Oh shit! I thought it was an annual release. I'll have to look for the second movie when I get back home next week.

I meant core tone of digimon, not of adventure.
Which is teaming up with your partner digimon to save the world.
It does have some awkward scenes but it seems to be the pacing which is bad with it at the moment.

I really like her too, but I'd be going with the BlackGatomon>LadyDevimon>Lilithmon line.

… Probably do what I could to keep her in the LadyDevimon form for the majority of the time.

See, I'd probably end up defaulting to Witchmon most of the time and then Warp Digivolve to Lilithmon most of the time.

Witchmon just seemed to fit me more than Ladydevimon.

Nah, I'm not into mobile games. But how is it?

No problems there. Everyone has what they like.
… And I just happen to like busty women in tight, glossy suits.

Dat Lilithmon hits basically every one of my fetishes

oh yeah, I'm currently partnered with Impmon and play as a psychopath with a knife who just wants to have fun.
Ice devimon, the next form, freezes enemies and then my character just stabs the enemies to death while my Digimon is already killing something else.
It's very fun since the group doesn't know about the knife and the psychopath part.
Instead they are told that he's just bullying the enemies until they die of embarassmentor something.

plebs

Can't you give digimon clothes as customization?
Like hats and capes n shit?

No contest.

Patamon is indeed a bro.

only when it becomes angewoman

also anyone here ever read the V-Tamer manga? it's worth it

I want a talonjob from Garudamon

A talonjob from that would fucking hurt my nigga

Sounds good, put up a petition.

well shit, if we're going with full self-destructive fantasies…

I want to be slowly corrupted and turned to absolute evil by Lilithmon.

Pic related

So how good is Cyber Sleuth? I heard people describe it as 'Persona, but with digimon'.

Who is the digimon on the top?

Ceresmon Medium.
Hardly any art for her.

How is the DLC in Cyber Sleuth? I just ordered a Vita, and I'm trying to decide if I want to leave the settings as is so I can access the American PSN, or change them so I can access the Japanese PSN since 99% of the games I'll be playing are Japanese anyway. If I stick with the American PSN I won't be able to download the Cyber Sleuth DLC, which is why I'm asking, it's one of if not the only game on my list that has any DLC I think.

LET'S ALL LOVE LAIN LET'S ALL LOVE LAIN LET'S ALL LOVE LAIN LAIN LAIN LAIN LLLLLLLLLLL

Porygon is the best Digigon.

Ehh, it has a similar feel but, there is far less in the way of your opinion mattering. No one really talks to you they more talk around you and you emote accordingly. You do get to host a large variety of digimon though, so that is really fun.

I can live with that if the gameplay is fun.

Better?

I regret buying this shit. Not only is it not like Digimon World, but it wastes your time with a bunch of shit quests that don't revolve around dungeon crawling.

Personally, I enjoyed it and Persona with Digimon does seem like good way to describe it.
The games graphics on PS4 are a bit of a let down, you can tell that it was developed on Vita first and ported across with a bit of upscaling.
It's not a bad game though.

In RE:Digitize you can

And thats the one with the girl with the hoodie and a bikini top who cameos in Cyber Sleuth, but Next World Order is a new game (Control 2 digis at once).

Look up a guy called "CommisarBear", he's one of us and he played through it on Jewtube (embeded, he doesn't talk during cutscenes or dialogue).

Fun and comfy. Characters talk to much (but standard for JRPG) game can be a bit broken.
Piercing attacks make the game a cake walk, and it is VERY easy to overlevel. Since the game encourages you to digivolve/dedigivolve, making the Digimon go to level 1 each time. You have a party of 10 digimon. So if you grind up the new guy while you have your "core" party, they might end up over-leveled. Bear managed to kill the final boss in 2 or 3 special attacks. (But again, overleveld). The games secret boss seems to rely more on RNG and even with maxed out mons its tough.

>"WHAT?! ANALOGUE MAN IS BACK AGAIN?!"

I'm with you on that.

Holy shit did he get fucked.

DUB PROBLEMS

Holy shit did they fuck this up in so many ways.

See, the main sin is the NAMES of the digimon. Unlike pokemon which is just now probably going to bust the 850 mark, Digimon has been at 1,000+ for quite some time, many of them coming from fan accepted submissions.

Names are very important, and yes, all of them end with -mon as it's the type of file extension they are

I've never understood the thoughts that producers behind companies like 4kids have to be having when they make changes like that. Is it seriously just "They won't know! This is all they'll see"? Because that is the dumbest fucking idea I can think of when the internet exists.

let's not forget that Vamdemon got renamed to Myotismon in the dub

and for some reason they needed to rename Tailmon to Gatomon, and Omegamon to Omnimon

You know I wanted TRI to focus on THIS aspect of the stupid idea "everybody in the world gets a digimon partner" so does that mean that mercenary forces now have big giant monsters that can cause mass destruction. Terroritsts get Voltorb like digimon that can just explode constantly? I mean what were you going for there.

Then there are two unrelated species that had their names changed to the *same* name in the dub.
Also the terms jogress, digisoul and xros were already English so what the hell was their problem.

I think the idea is that everybody has the potential or possibly even the need for a Digimon Partner. From what I've watched, the Digimon are sort of catalysts for the growth of their partner children. They help the kids come to terms with their lives and magnify all of their best qualities.

So for a Mercenary or a Terrorist, they may not necessarily have a bombing digimon but instead one that helps them, or would have helped them, grow into the best possible version of themselves.

Its that idea that draws me to the series as a pen and paper project. You would get to, both as a player and a GM, set up these human characters with partners that are meant to help them grow into their idealized selves.

Probably this Guy.
Also, what's the deal with almost all humanoid digimon having their face covered by a helmet?

I think Jogress was a neat name, I watched 01 and 02 and the Jogress as a word was neat

needless rewriting, like how they reworded Shinka which means to Evolve or Evolution into fucking digivolve

speaking of the shows I can't for the life of me find a complete torrent of Tamers on baka or nyaa, just the movies, I'll try looking agian, but if someone can post it I'd appreciate it

More female digimon lewds pls :,(

kissanime.to/Anime/Digimon-Tamers-Sub

found it on bakabt, but thanks

Looks pretty bro tier

It's so they don't look too human. I hate to sound like a genwunner, but I wish they had never broke that rule.

I dunno about evil, but definitely influenced more by dark, carnal, lustful urges.

Of course, as much as I like her, another reason I'd prefer the BlackGatomon/LadyDevimon line is the fusion mega with Angewomon; Mastemon. I honestly envy Mirei so much in how she is partnered with both Angewomon and LadyDevimon, and how she gets them to make the impossible creation: Light and Darkness in one body. And it's strange, one might call this "balance," but I think everything officially describes Mastemon as "chaos" due to this fact.

Lilithmon or Mastemon, both would be great by me.

I never played a Digimon game. I thought the main Pokemon games were ok-ish, a good time waster. Where should I start for Digimon games, assuming they're in the vein as Pokemon?

The digimon world games are gameplay-wise very different from pokemon. You focus on either a single or a small group of digimon to grow and evolve. The PSP game Re;digitize is basically digimon world 1 with better graphics. I would start with that one or digimon world 1 and go from there. Games like cyber sleuth or the the ds digimon I can't really comment on since I either can't remember all that much/haven't played it.

it's not a 100% 1:1 remake of the original, the concept is the same but the areas are very different

Yeah I should have phrased that better

what is it, the area before ancient dino region in DW1 where you get centaurmon (forget his JP name) was a pain because all those items

still both games have their charm and we should warn
that DW1 and RE;Digitize are more about raising the digimon early game will be spent mostly training a mon so it can survive more than 3 fights

I don't remember items being the problem, the main thing with the area before Centaurmon I thought was that the path that was safe could change.

no I mean usually when I went there I was starved for items and tried to grab all of them and usually got shat on because I didn't get to cover quick enough since the game is still running as the text box is opening and closing

Still I managed to beat the original a while back using monzemon, a bit cheap but hey I finally beat the game

If you're gonna go that OP you might as well just pick Millenniumon.

Been rewatching it lately. It holds up. Just don't watch the dub. For bonus points, play the Wonderswan games, which it turns out explain the real backstory of the entire series and links the Adventure (seasons 1 and 2) universe with the Tamers (Season 3) universe. But only the first game, with the least refined gameplay and very little story, has an english version. All the plot important stuff is in the Jap only sequels. I just mention them in every thread until someone is autistic enough to do a fan translation.

I don't remember Hawkmon being Kari's or Sora's partner. One was a mary sue and the other a bitch no i'm not a shippingfag, she's just a bitch to her mom and everyone else regardless. Getting mad over a hairclip gift from a 10 year old is a huge bitch move. Both of those are far worse than anyone else in the series.

They're not. 10 year old me was very disappointed by this. Most of the games are different genres, but almost none of them are like Pokemon very much. They range from virtual pets to dungeon crawlers. I think a couple are more straightforward RPGs, though they're not seen as the better entries in the series.

Hawkmon's partner was Miyako

Hikari had Tailmon and Sora was Piyomon

Also the ONLY dungeon crawler I can remember was DW2 which I'm not all that fond of

Nothing wrong with Monzemon, that takes a bit of work to get. I remember my dad being able to make all those special digimon and beating the game with androidmon while I would only make it to champion with tyrannomon or Drimogemon

Miyako's greatest wish, revealed via mind reading at the end of the series after she had plenty of time to develop, was for her siblings to disappear so she could have more attention and luxury to herself. That was literally the first step of Ken's descent into megalomania. It's inexcusable.

I just want a god damn furry dragon to snuggle with and hold hands.

docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1bXYOUzghU8TbcErtSfq__YpTaAgmKhNIejMRT8mKj10/edit#gid=0
drive.google.com/file/d/0BwgTPexfebTbS2Y5WlJuY0hJS1E/view

At least post all the resources.

I think the "bad end" potential for a partnered Lilithmon is nice.

The idea being that the Lilithmon becomes the dominant side of the partnership and has her partner as more of a vasal or slave.

Alternately she corrupts the partner to such a point that they can together take over the underworlds of both the Human and Digital worlds. Think of something like a kid who is born into or adopted by a Yakuza family. She trains him to become the head of the family by way of schemes and backstabbing.

Oh, shit, thanks for the link, user.

And that's part of why 02 is shit and the only thing anyone should remember about it is Ken.

no thanks

They call her out on her selfishness and shit, though. They just leave it to be a more benign selfishness. This is better than Sora, who we're supposed to think is okay, but just acts like an irrational bitch, even after she supposedly learned how to love again and unlocked the power of her crest and shit.

Kari is just a mary sue who everyone including god himself seems to love more than anything despite the fact that she never really does anything that cool, at least not of her own will. She just gets pulled into situations because everyone including cosmic beings is in love with her for no reason.

It's not that Miyako is best girl, that's obviously Mimi. She's just not the worst. Not even second worst.

I remember Ken because his seiyuu is the same as Loran Cehack from Turn A gundam, and it's apparent as fuck when Ken yells. Also Igamon in 02 turned out to be voiced by the guy who did Judau Ashta from ZZ Gundam

I got far with centaurmon probably one of the few digimon I managed to get to adult and not have it turn into numemon

Then I purposely got numemon to get monzemon

Hikari was ass from 01, also gomamon's JP voice was amazing and just made him more adorable

Hikari was alright in 01 until they had her get possessed and spout exposition for nearly the rest of the show.
They had a good chance to make her better in 02, but they fucked it up like they did most everything in 02.

can you all tell me the name of the agumon with the gun? can't find it myself

it's in the thread dude

I wouldn't partner with anyone, instead I'd marry Ranamon/Calmaramon.