Why do you guys give Witcher 3 so much shit?

Why do you guys give Witcher 3 so much shit?

I honestly can't think of a better RPG released in years. Not since New Vegas at least.

Other urls found in this thread:

witcher.wikia.com/wiki/Zerrikania
rule34hentai.net/post/list/The_Witcher animated/1
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Holla Forums is very hipster with videogames. You wont get a good answer. Shame the board had potential.

Muh strong independent woman
muh gay hunter
there's EVEN RACISM
and the combat is ass, someone post the webm of the last boss being defeated with only whirlwind

non-engaging combat limited customization.
everything else was bretty good, really liked the graphics, story, and systems that drive the game.
one of the few games that's made me feel like I was playing an E3 demo, shame it wasn't the witcher 3 E3 demo though ;_;

was there really sjw shit in this game? I didn't notice any just sticking to the main quest.

The graphics downgrade pissed off allot of people.

1 random gay hunter in the woods is about it. Also a nigger traveling merchant in Hearts of Stone.

Of course Witcher games allow you to be a racist so whatever.

This is Holla Forums nigger, the paranoia got to them and they went full retard. They are starting to see sjws everywhere. Which funnu enough actually helps sjws since the opposition look like paraoid people.

I'd like it if the combat wasn't so god fucking awful.

I sincerely doubt it's as good as any Falcom game.

Think of it this way, user.

Witcher 3 is the most recent game for Holla Forums to give it the LEAST shit.

False advertising.
Forced pandering.
3 games into the franchise and the combat, the thing you spend most of your time doing, is shit. There's no excuse for that.

It's not an awful game but it was less than what they made it out to be, it was less than expected which deserves to be criticized. Should we virtually slob on the knobs of the devs because "well, everything else is shit" because that's a dumb fucking reason to praise anything.

Feel free to go back to reddit any time millennial shit stain.

not really. that faggot is exaggerating shit he heard on Holla Forums

Shitty two button casual combat that fails to improve over the shitty two button casual combat of the previous game.
Downgrade, the principle that they lied and bullshotted their audience.
Selling out to microkike and consolizing it, the game runs like shit, also nvidia gameworks.
Also lied about the redkit modding tools, another fuck you to the users.

Overall, it's a very bland, shitty cinematic AAA experience adding to the cancerous trend of videogames made for the story instead of the gameplay.

SJWs complained that there wasn't any colored people in it so the Devs put in some random traders, I also think they created a new race that's not even mentioned in the books.

This is a big part of the hate. There's also the visual downgrades, which led to assumptions that the game was also casualized for console scrubs.

The most sjw shit I can think of is just that there are women who aren't housewives. Triss and Ciri and Yen, obviously. There's a lady who is with Foltest who tries to be Rambo…
Like that other guy said, one black traveler and one gay person.

Get a new argument faggot

The visual downgrade i understand but what i dont understand is what was supposed to be the optimal solution. Without the console revenue the Witcher 3 wouldn't even be possible.

was the gay hunter that pellar that fucked animals and gave that guy diarrhea?

they've wormed their way into a lot of media you'd never suspect them to worm their way into.

that is what I figured

kind of stupid, devs doing that shit for diversity points is never good

triss, ciri, and yen didn't seem like sjw shit, didn't meet the rambo forest lady though.
seems there was a lot of shit I straight up missed, didn't like the game all that much because of the combat, hope CDPR steps it up on their next project.

Why are you here?
Better yet, why are you still here?
>>>/reddit/

Don't downgrade the PC version for console parity, or release a patch that upgrades it to how it was originally supposed to look.

This guy summed up my thoughts on the game pretty well.

You sound like hipsters in a coffee shop telling a guy to go to starbucks

That seems to be problem with the series in general. I really don't know why it's so hard for them make a decent combat system.

that's the same guy who told me farcry 4 and fallout 4 were good games

This guy is a supreme faggot. He shit on MGSV for not giving him a good rating if he went around running and gunning. He actually criticized a stealth game for being a stealth game like holy fuck.

False. TW1/2 survived on PC sales alone and STILL bring in the dosh. They budgeted correctly and only had a weird 360 release that barely gave them anything.

Remember their marketing budget was bigger than their development budget for TW3. Maybe if they spent their marketing money on the game instead and went PC only they'd have delivered and even better game with no casual shit in it, E3 graphics and survived on the sales from the core audience.

But nope, they sold out. Then the Nvidia shit. They're not the worst company around but man did they lose so much respect that I had for them.

They're saying their new games will be even more ambitious but how can they? They'll automatically be bottlenecked by 8th gen console hardware and input methods as well as needing to appease that kind of audience which means their future projects can never be too difficult or too unique. We WILL have a return of PRESS E TO ___.

Reminder that TW3 launched with no WASD rebinding.

But that doesn't have anything to do with him being right or wrong on witcher 3

I hope you realize you aren't saying much since the bar for RPGs these days is really fucking low.

Is just a reality of the market. They probably didn't have the resources to optimize both the pc and the console. So they used the console as a base for both, and pushed the pc where they could. Sucks dick but it happens.

Combat actually becomes fun if you go into bombs.

Release a HD resolution DLC after launch, maybe. Plenty of games have done it, and there's no reason for it not to be what you do when you're showing us a different version of the game, graphically, than you give us at release.
Or, you stick by your word and release a game that does have PC as the primary platform.

Triss, Ciri and Yen are just your basic "strong womyn don't need no man" that triggers Holla Forums. Though, you can make Ciri bisexual which I would think Holla Forums would get a hardon for.
You really think they're actually working on something else?

Thanks for reminding me of the two more reasons TW3 is shit.

The shit combat and the fact that the "open" world was just a series of separate maps really turned me off, also the piss poor performance on PC was a real turn off too.

The budget for 3 was way bigger and the game was way bigger in scope than both 1 and 2 combined. As for the marketing thats common. Making a good game by itself doesn't mean the game will sell. You could make a masterpiece and it still could get trashed in sales, that's why marketing is there.

It was no about the resolution alone. There was better lighting and better textures, combined with more complex particle effects. There is a very big chance that the reveal quality was only a slice and thw whole game was not developed with that quality. So there is no patch to give, unless they make a whole new one and that would likely be too expensive for return on investment.

Wait, Ciri is a canon lesbian.

I've only played Witcher 1 and 2, who's the chick in OP's images? Is it a female witcher?

She's Geralts daughter who has OP superpowers.

but user! you need niggers in your games to be progresive! how else will you sell your games to the SJW?

Baiters and shitposters give it shit because Witcher 3 is a good game and it'll severely buttblast people who like it every single fuckin' time.

DDDA was better in every way.

Witcher 3 is among the best games i've played in recent years. And the Bloody Baron is probably the best quest in an RPG game i've ever completed. Dem choices, that fucking characterization and ost is nothing short of incredible.

Also the DLC is fucking glorious, loved the entirety of it.

But nooooo…

Right, but I feel like giving HD textures would at least have been an olive branch. And stuff like the lighting differences I feel like could have been implemented widely pretty easily. I'm no game designer, and I make no claims to amount of knowledge in stuff like that, but it seems like the lighting system would be something you implement in one area, and then just copy+paste code to get working in other areas.

Is she? I haven't read far enough in the books for her to be introduced yet (I'm just over halfway through the fist book) but in the game she has an optional dialogue where you can flirt with a lady in a bath, and then moments later an option where you can offer to fuck a retard boy. So I assumed straight, with optional bisex.

Marketing budgets should not exceed 10% of total revenue as a rule of thumb. In fact the rule of thumb is 5-10% should be marketing. When your budget is equal to or greater then the cost to actually make the game then that's a sign of the tech cancer in the company.

False, the whole game was developed with that quality but they deliberately toned that down in setting. One of the first fan fixes was putting it back to it's original quality.

these niggers have never read the books or played the past games, there is gay characters and strong independ female characters who don't need no man in the previous.

user that is way too low. Thats not gonna buy a lot of ads.

Dialogue wheel conversation is Cancer.

none of them really fit that except yen, ciri is OP as fuck and just bumbles through everything and triss was too bitchy to want to interact with.
fucking how? that sounds retarded
why are you saying that like you're not posting here?
also new capcha is shit.

Depends on your company's worth and revenue. 10% of 100,000 is 10,000, 10% of 1,000,000,000 is 100,000,000.

That's the best thing you can come up with in what marketing does?

>>>/hugbox/

Deus Ex did it okay. You over over the short explanation option and it would display the fill sentence you'd speak so you'd know what you'd say if you clicked it.

“Hipster” is a term co-opted for use as a meaningless pejorative in order to vaguely call someone else’s authenticity into question and, by extension, claim authenticity for yourself.

It serves no conversational function and imparts no information, save for indicating the opinions and preferences of the speaker.

Meanwhile, a market myth has sprung up around the term, as well as a cultural bogeyman consisting of elusive white 20-somethings who wear certain clothes (but no one will agree on what), listen to certain music (no one can agree on this either), and act a certain way (you’ve probably sensed the pattern on your own).

You can’t define what “that kind of behavior or fashion or lifestyle” actually is, nor will you ever be able to. That’s because you don’t use “hipster” to describe an actual group of people, but to describe a fictional stereotype that is an outlet for literally anything that annoys you.

The twist, of course, is that if it weren’t for your own insecurities, nothing that a “hipster” could do or wear would ever affect you emotionally. But you are insecure about your own authenticity - “Do I wear what I wear because I want to? Do I play video games because I truly like them? I’m certainly not like those filthy hipsters!” - so you project those feelings.

Suffice it to say, no one self-identifies as a hipster; the term is always applied to an Other, to separate the authentic Us from the inauthentic, “ironic” Them.

tl;dr: if you believe hipsters exist, you are a plebeian.

Fucking Hipster

Only somebody who is asshurt over having his eclectic taste exposed as faked cultural capital would claim hipsters don't exist.

Your argument was that Holla Forums is just paranoid hipsters that see SJW's here. The fuck are you here for if not to be a contrarian shit stain on the site? Yes, take your dumbass to reddit where illogical, incorrect bullshit is accepted as fact.

Combat is bad, but the rest of the game is good
I enjoyed it.

Fuck off faggot

It was a waste of many years in dev for having a beautiful world and design, even if toned down graphics, but the gameplay was dull and boring, repetitive, combat was sluggish and wanted too hard to be Dark Souls.

And racism.

People whine about witcher's gameplay

I only played it for the story, I couldnt give one shit how bad the gameplay was, it was interesting experience and in the near future I will play the game through again doing every single side quest there is.

That was a very hipster post user.

The game ran at 25fps for me and after a while of playing it I noticed I was just running around a shitty world I didn't like, with combat that was just mashing buttons.

Just wasn't the thing for me.

Not to mention I had completely forgotten what had happened in the previous games

Its an ok game, but dissapointing considering the hype, the shilling and expectations.
Dumbing down and the faggot dev saying 30 FPS at max settings was ok at lauch, when they were known to be PC focused devs certainly didnt help.
Lore, story, setting, characters, loot, exploration is what makes the game.
Combat is still irredemable shit.

It doesnt take a big investment to get the game run at 45-60
I had radeon 6800 and the game was stellar 30 fps, after upgrading into gtx 960 it was flawless 60.
but that's not right, dumbass
maybe you shouldnt have played it in the fucking easy mode
The harder difficulties REQUIRE the player to prepare for the fights with different potions and stuff, to use the Signs to open up opportunities for attacks and to dodge attacks and overall play smart

I understand plebs like you who play Witcher on easy and then cry how every enemy dies by just attacking them constantly while tanking each attack from the enemy.

If you're really that fucking stupid you don't deserve this game.

Every triple A title nowadays gets stupid amounts of hype, but it's there to boost sales, even if the game was shit. normalfags end up buying the game before release because they're dumb normalfags.

It doesnt make you a special snowflake to not buy the game considering the hype and then later see how the game actually was a fuck up.

If game like Witcher wasnt hyped, would you then by it day one just because nobody was shilling for it?

You buy the game if you feel you're interested and ready to invest in it. Games that cost more than 10 dollars should never be impulse purchases.

We're talking about release day here. The game ran like ass for everyone and didn't even look that good.

It's a generic fantasy world. It doesn't have the charm of Fallout and doesn't have the technical prowess of Stalker. It's mediocre, big for the sake of being big.

Also I was playing in normal or hard, can't really remember. I got to the griphon fight that everybody was telling me was incredibly hard and I beat him by just pressing attack constantly.

There was no preparation required.

I don't know why the fuck you're so mad, do you work at CDPR? I have my own opinion, just because you call me a faggot and make assumptions doesn't mean you're automatically right

People won't always like things you like. Witcher 3 isn't objectively perfect, it's really flawed like most other games. Deal with it like a man, not like a kid that gets mad when people have a different opinion than him.

speaking of the witcher 2, has anyone managed to get a solid 60fps with uber sampling enabled?

Don't give a shit about it.
Bloodborne deserved all the praise it got and Witcher 3 took all the spotlight.
Because once people starting saying "best RPG of the generation" that makes every other RPG substandard.

It might be a generic fantasy world, but it's as good as a generic fantasy world can get. Maybe not from gameplay standpoint but it's a beautiful world to explore even if there wasnt much interaction there.

I only played it for the story because I've loved the books and I wanted to have this kind of interactive story where I could somewhat effect the events by having my own choices, which in the end do not matter too much, but it's still a beautiful experience.
If you want gameplay out of Witcher, you can certainly get it, by ramping up the difficulty. Also there are mods to the game in nexus which you can use to enhance the gameplay. Not as big mods as bethesda's games have, but little tweaks here and there, ENB's and enhanced graphical fidelity and textures.

Take that CDProjektRed cock out of mouth, how can you even breathe with that thing lodged up so far into your throat?

This shit was obviously shilled here just like GOG is to no end as the second coming of Christ and the savior of gaming even as it became apparent that they were blatantly lying.
Same thing with MGSV, but that was less shills and more retarded fanboys.
Of course people are pissed off at it, even normalfags I know were pissed at it after watching all the E3 footage and promises.

They pulled a Molyneux/Todd Howard and fucked a shitton of older fans while pandering to a new one.

Fair enough. I'm not saying it's objective shit, no game is.

The irony of that statement is nearly blinding.

Soulsfags really should be gassed

I didn't even finish 1 because I found it boring so I dunno, but we had good RPGs such as Divinity between them and Witcher 3 doesn't even seen to be a real RPG.

No, Zerrikanians exist, they're just far away.

wow, fuck you and fuck off, seriously

I cant like any game out there without being instantly marked as a fanboy?
Why dont you stop being such a fucking apathetic drone and stop playing videogames altogether if you don't like them.

I've never followed the gaming scene becauses I am too busy playing games. I've never seen a single E3 presentation nor have I ever seen trailers for games like Witcher 3, FO4, MGSV or any of the modern games. Last videogame trailer I saw was for Path of Exile Awakening.
I wouldnt know the exact amount of hype behind a game but reading Holla Forums and /vg/ I can see the amount of hype behind certain titles.

If you know so much how bad certain games are, why don't you give me examples, 5 games that you yourself think are flawless and perfect and you'd pay money any day and play them without any remorse. I dare you.

buttblasted hipster detected.

Fucking storyfags are cancer

Watched that vid for 6 min. and he has some good points. You sound like the assblasted "supreme faggot" 'cause you bought the Denuvo POS.

Thanks for coming by
>>>/reddit/

Nigger it's not because you like the game, it's because you're so defensive about it that it looks like you personally worked on it.

You completely refuse any kind of criticism, treating the game is if it were a godsend.

Don't get mad if people call you a fanboy, that's what you sound like.

Yeah, because videogames are supposed to be just mindless gameplay grinds with no story behind them whatsoever.
Sure there are games that do it well but the whole Witcher series would be pointless if they just gave you a sword and hordes of enemies and you'd start swinging and do that until the game ends.

Hes talking about faggots that want games to be storytime with shit gameplay, not story in vidya in general.

then why the fuck be so rude in the first place
if you talk negative you should expect negative feedback
nigga please.

Defensive about it? I am being defensive about myself because your messages are aimed towards me so I answer.
If you said shit in general I wouldnt mind but you're "personally" sending these messages to me.

Just when did I refuse criticism and treat the game as if it were a godsend? Please, tell me, because I obviously don't remember what I just sent less than 10 minutes ago.

If you want story and no gameplay then read the fucking books plebian

I already said I've read the books and I already said I play story driven games because of the interaction with the story

Fuck off dumb gook.

YOU RESPONDED TO ME
I made a post and you called me a casual faggot, what the fuck are you even talking about you MASSIVE RETARD?

It waqs ok overall but had so glaring flaws that made it no worth it for me. I could handle the downgrade if they hadn't been such little shits about it but the thing that turned me off was how bad the combat was, even on deathmarch it was boring as fuck and required no thought or real effort. Games live and die by their game-play and no matter how good the story is it will never compensate for poor game-play.

It isn't the savior of gaming but it is certifiably a step in the right direction. The idea is that DRM needs to die or at the very least there needs to be DRM free releases after a game has been out long enough.

What did he do? From what I can tell the guy is pretty based about most things

.>>9434591
no, there are brown people in the witcher they just aren't important

witcher.wikia.com/wiki/Zerrikania

That's because I felt like I had to adress your casual behaviour.

I never praised the game in my response, I only told you to upgrade your potato, play on harder difficulty because you had no trouble on the easy one and to enhance gameplay through tweaks.

And that's my fucking point retard.

Are you this fucking disconnected from reality that you don't know you sound like a giant fanboy faggot?

Shit nigger get a fucking grip on your life

Then why not say it in the first place?
It didnt run bad for me because I didnt play it day one. I played it this year and it ran smoothly for me.
If the game is too easy ==> choose harder difficulty, that's how it has always been

In what way have I objectively praised the game?

nigga please

Shit combat.
I admit, the story can be okay, but it is often slow, and the combat/levelling is god awful. Every upgrade is miniscule, and only a few change how you fight or add new abilities. But every attack and move has a delay to it, where enemies give zero warning signs before an attack. That, and the game is optimized like trash.

I loved what I played of it and I don't even like many western games anymore. It's one of the only games that I played on PS4 that didn't feel like it could have been made for PS3 instead too.

Goddamn son fucking faggot jesus christ wow stop posting any time you disagreed with the hive mind you tumblrtard into the trash you go it's like you have a personal preference or something goddamn holy fuck You Have To Go Back 2reddit

:^) :^) :^) :^) :^) :^)

The Witcher 3 is worse in terms of story, setting, as well as crafting and alchemy mechanics than The Witcher 2 and the only improvement The Witcher 3 made is making the combat marginally less awful and adding an "open world", which I don't feel is much of a positive anyway.

So yeah, it's not even the best game in the series, let alone one of the best games in the past few years.

Alright fuck this

I think it feels a hell of a lot more connected to the books than the second game did. It was cool seeing some of the kings and stuff, but that fucking dragon girl and Letho or whatever his name is seemed like the main focus of the game.

nigger what

What the fuck are you even talking about
Ciri maybe because she is a shit character in the books but she is miles better in the game

seriously?
This seems like the same butthurt that I saw with 4/v/ over bloodborne. For over a god damn year, I don't get it.

I agree, but unfortunately this is not how it works. Marketing now is it's own beast and that beast is greedy. It is expensive as fuck nowadays, which is why AAA companies spend so much on marketing.

7 days until we can play the full game.

Don't you just love season passes holding out on the entirety of the game for months at a time for no fucking reason?

tw2 required you to be a fucking psychic with the potions. There is no way to know a tough fight is coming up most of the time, and in some cases, like the Draug, you can't even drink them. Same goes for Letho, since all the potions you took will be almost gone by the time you get to him.

Jesus christ user I understand faggotry but come the fuck on. If they didn't have a reason they would have released it day one.

I've got both DA:I and TW3 installed on my computer, if you guys want any comparison pics I can share. This was a pretty big thing back when they downgraded TW3 but I don't think anyone really cares anymore

I have R9 280x, 8 gb ram, etc etc,. I think both were on highest settings except for TW3's hairworks, it was on low. I'm not in either of the games but I can enter and post the screen of options if you want

This shit also had trouble running at 60 on my pc when it came out well, when it was ready to be pirated and it didn't even have anything pretty to show for it, just oiled up faces.

I still can barely get tw3 to run at 60 with my old toaster. I have to turn everything but textures to low.

No drinking in combat was an okay idea that they clearly didn't plan around when designing the encounters and the actual interface and mechanics for drinking and crafting were nice. Like everything else in 2 it was good ideas poorly implemented.

It was a shit idea since it required changing most potions and removing the element of surprise.
In the witcher 1 Koshchey can stun you in multiple ways, so you need to learn these ways quicky and drink the needed elixirs. Koshcheys are pretty much non-existent so it makes sense you wouldn't know much about it before. In the Witcher 2 the same situation would be fucking you over, since you would need to predict the way the enemy attacks you without ever seeing him.
They had the alchemy perfect with witcher 1, you needed long enough time to drink an elixir to get hit. I still don't understand why it doesn't even have an animation in tw3.

The books are supposed to be how you predict the way things attacks without seeing them, 1 had them too. Part of the whole Witcher thing is that they're supposed to be super knowledgeable about monsters and curses and that goes well with reading up about stuff and then buffing preemptively. Hell, every fight in the game is pretty heavily foreshadowed and you have a great idea of exactly what kinds of enemies you'll be going up against, it just gets completely fucked and broken in instances where they put a ton of cutscenes or a time skip right before the fight since they didn't think to stop potions from ticking down during them like with the first Letho fight and a lot of the bossfights.

Which is turn counteracted by the fact that SJWs themselves see GamerGate in everything.

Since nogs are in, which of the grills do you think is most likely to have been BLACKED?

Yen definitely has probably.

Yes, but there are certain times when you can't know what monster will be in the next room. You might have time to prepare, but all you can do is drink a swallow and owl and hope for the best, at least first playthrough.

Neither. Yen and Triss might be sluts, but I doubt they have seen more than one in places they've been to.
Ciri only fucked a dying dude, her lesbian girlfriend and an elven king.

If you want shit like that go search sfm porn.

Yen is like a hundred years old or something. Of course she's been blacked. All the dicks she must have taken what with her being a huge slut and you don't think at least one was black?

part of being skilled at fighting monsters should be reliant on the player, especially knowing when it's safe to take an extra action unrelated to direct combat

Are you one of those fellas who jerk off to this stuff?
I am telling you, highly unlikely. She fucked other wizards, some peasants, some nobles, some merchants, but I doubt she would traverse halfe the world to find a random nigger.
I mean, your fantasies, I'm not judging.

MUH DOWNGRADE

I don't disagree with that, maybe they could have done more powerful potions that required pre-planning and weaker ones that could be used in combat.

They pretty much did that in 3 with normal potions functioning 30 seconds and the ones you make out of boss monsters functioning up to an hour.

What if he was like a wandering moor or something? Like, you know how you've got the wandering Jew. This moor just wanders into town, and Yen decides she must have that big black penis, or whatever.

I never saw the appeal of people with tatoos. They cover the look of the skin with ugly black ink that embeds itself forever.

I am not helping you jerk off mate.

Maybe she would. Can't she just teleport? And she could have perhaps bumped into one and decided to try it out with him.

Face it. Your waifu likes big black dicks. And didn't Ciri time travel or some shit? She's probably been blacked too. I think in the books it's said that Triss hasn't actually had that much sex so she's the only one that probably hasn't been blacked.

Yet.

She will eventually. When face to face with a giant alpha black bull with a huge cock, white women cannot resist.

I still find myself wondering what kind of catastrophic failure among both human and machine elements created a lighting engine that makes everyone look like a freshly-greased pig, from any and all angles. It seems like the kind of thing you'd have to intentionally implement for whatever godforsaken reason you wanted to do so, and yet it also seems like it wouldn't be possible to intentionally make that awfulness materialize even if you gave it your all, leading to a paradoxical situation and one seriously-fucked lighting engine.

The fact that all the character models would've looked like shit in Oblivion-era Gamebryo, and the women especially were modeled after local trannies that don't defy the "hairy men in wigs and dresses" at all only made things worse, much worse. A female character with an astoundingly-hideous face mesh that makes her look like an orc-elf hybrid who got all the shit genes of both sides is one thing, and one who looks like she rolled around in lard for a few hours before doing whatever she's supposed to be doing at the moment is another, but the combination of the two is a double-whammy of hideousness no sane man can endure and retain his mental wholeness.

I bet Yen likes to use strapons.

Actually, in the books it is stated that Triss fucked anything that moved for a while out of boredom, until she found Geralt and found out that when he cheats on Yen he feels guilty, so she had to have that some more. Geralt even refuses to fuck her in the books.

Also
A shame that the actual best girl isn't in the games because Catriona killed her

Hey man, posting porn is fine and dandy with me. Engaging in the whole wirtual debate about niggers not really, just doesn't sit right with me. Reminds me a lot of furries with their yiff shit.

This chick always reminds me of Bobbi Starr.

and she was never sexy again to me

I don't know why they decided to cheekbone every character. Cassandra had the cheekbones in 2, but not to the extnt of inquisition. In inquisition every character including Morrigan has big fucking cheekbones, and the effect is that the old ass model from origins looks more aesthetically pleasing than the one in a "next-gen" title.

I also tried it when it came out, but I used a different graphics card back then so I can't really help you there. Perhaps they fixed it with patches or perhaps my current graphics card is good enough for its unoptimized version, dunno.

I think they lowered the oil on characters with patches, they don't look as oily as they used to be, or I might remember wrong.

Is this a copy pasta or did you just write it lad?

So she decided to rape him, the start of a beautiful friendship and love story.

Who are you talking about?

And listen, friend. All the girls in Witcher prefer big black cocks and that is fucking final you racist piece of shit.

You are just asking for it now, aren't you?

Well, in the books it is stated that the witches are made to be almost perfect, but they leave an imperfection or two so that they don't become complete egoistical cunts. Somehow that doesn't usually stop them, but the marks are there. I remember Keira Mez had smallpox marks and Yen had cold eyes.

Essi Daven, "the Eye".

oh her

i read the first two books but i forgot it all

she was probably blacked too since in her line of work she must have done a lot of travelling

LoL
This coon june thinks this is Facebook.

Now I'm definitely getting this game.

Let's get this shit started right.

Still looked better than most games released in years & many games get downgraded over their development so they don't run like shit so that's not as big an issue as it is made out to be.

It's not like with Watch Dogs where there were hidden settings literally called "E3" settings & one of the files had a comment in the code "this is PC only who cares". In contrast, CDPR consistently said the PC version would be the best version (instead of spewing PR lies for consoletards who should know better), but there were still fears of "platform parity" ruining it on PC regardless.

The combat was always simplistic. I really don't know what you were expecting. Why would you be upset about something already established about the gameplay in the series making a predictable re-appearance in a sequel? It's like whining about how Mario jumps in a Mario sequel, you already know the game mechanics are about jumping. You already know The Witcher gameplay mechanics can be nothing but Quen, Attack, Quen so why would you care? If you don't like the combat, don't play the series at all.

Yeah & he's treated like a degenerate. In practically any other game he'd be celebrated despite the era, despite the culture, for the sake of progressive patronizing.

This is a nigger from a far away land. It's stupid that he's there at all, however it's not like they wreck everything to say there were niggers living there when there weren't.

This is another staple of the series. I dunno why you're bitching about this in 3, I didn't hear nearly as much bitching about it in the others. Much like the combat it's another shortcoming present throughout the series that you didn't wine about nearly as much until you needed something to latch onto for stroking your hateboner for the "big new thing too many normalfags enjoyed".

Because they want to fit in with anonymous people on the internet. Witcher 3 is indeed one of the best video games I have ever played, sure as fuck the best game made in the last 10 years

I won't call it SJW but it was close to a Joss Wheedon style cast of characters.

Shame because the medieval world was one of the best realized to date.

He's right. This board is filled with fedora tipping hipster faggots. Truth hurts knee grow.

get that shit out of here

If they took that stuff away it wouldn't be the witcher it would just be some fucking rpg. Go read the books or something.

Combat is bad. Click click roll click click roll.

The combat was never simplistic, the combat was always complex yet mediocre. There's fuckloads of combat options and mechanics in Witcher games but they're all flawed as fuck in very evident ways. 1 has a fuckload of different status effects and offense and defense stats and variables that you have effectively no way of seeing or affecting beyond level up trait passives, room for carrying four different weapons of which only two do you ever use because the options for the others are just too weak, a bunch of spells and spell upgrades that are all basically useless beyond quen and ignii, bombs you never need to use, and so forth. 2 did very little to fix any of the mechanics from 1 and instead just cut down a bunch of things like reducing stances to just light and heavy attacks, reducing weapon slots to just two, and adding the roll which is pretty ass as far as defensive rolls in videogames go, throwing knives which are basically just shittier bombs with horribly clunky usage, traps which are even more situationally specific than the already pretty specific bombs and potions, and more armor slots even though the options for gloves and boots are slim as shit and pants and chest armor increase in quality basically once per chapter with a ton of random extra pieces no one will ever bother getting.

The Mario jumping analogy is shit because Mario's jumping is and always has been good. At least to my knowledge there are no Mario games where the majority opinion is that the jumping isn't good. Nobody expects Mario games to change up the jumping in the next installment because it's already good. Witcher combat has always had the room for depth that just gets bungled by implementation and I think anyone would be very hard pressed to argue that it couldn't be very easily improved. It would be fine if the combat was simple by intention, there are plenty of games with simple combat that works for the game, but that has very clearly never been the intent in the Witcher games because if it had been there wouldn't be pages of talent trees full of incredibly specific and mostly garbage upgrades.

Walking simulator. Was a big fan of the series, but if you've played one witcher game, played them all. W3 isn't worth blowing over 100 hours on, period. Europeans can't produce good action combat.

The world is what it is. They aren't special snowflakes, they are all results of a world in which magic is possible and where magic users are always acting superior (probably because they are) and trying to rule and manipulate everyone.

Geralt knows how it works. He knows people will use him, it's been happening all his life, but he also knows they can get him what he wants, which is Ciri, his adopted daughter.

Who, by the way, just happens to be the result of ridiculous chance* win in which she is a) of royal blood (on both sides of the family) b) a sorceress c) of elvish blood of a famous line that is active in her for some reason and d) trained by a witcher. The result is, yes, a massively OP character. And everybody wants that power for themselves in some way, even her father who believes the prophecy that she will bear an heir that rules the whole world, and so he decides he's going to father his own grandchild on his daughter to do it.

That's not game stuff either, that's book stuff.

Read the fucking books.

The witches were celectively breeding nobles for hundreds of years hoping to get a child of prophecy. It is not chance, she is a product of an experiment.

So Geralt wants to fuck his own daughter?

He doesn't.
Emhyr does, and she is actually his biological daughter.
King of elves does too.
Vilgefortz doesn't want to fuck her, but to pull her womb out and inseminate it directly.

See, the prophecy is not about Ciri. The prophecy is that Ciri's son will be the most powerful motherfucker who ever lived and he will conquer most of the world. So, everybody wants to get in on that, even her dad.

Geralt is too pure for that shit, or maybe he's too sterile to care.

Same game all year long…

Also ciri is supposed to be almost chosen one. Her child was supposed to be The One. And that breeding program was started probably way before humans come to this world.

No, he decide against it. Since its fucked up for him. So he decide to make her ruler of his Empire instead.
His dick dont work. So I would not call it "he want to fuck her". He is not used to sex with woman.
Basically.
She is basically his adopted daughter. And he has no interest in politics whatsoever. He is the only one major player with no plan whatsoever.

They even joke on that.

they get a lot of things wrong for the sake of making the game "prettier." Light and heavy attacks have randomized animations the player has no control over, and the animations are all different lengths and speeds. This is extremely basic game design stuff. Players need to have tools they know will operate as they expect, not randomized tools which operate generally how they expect. This is an amateur mistake I'd expect from some western indie dev. Then again, in the public eye the Witcher games never got any good criticism other than "combat sux" or "the inventory sux." Nobody really stating what makes games work. I think the whole studio is fielded by new hires and amateurs with no experience on a real project.

That, or the directors and management had too much of a lax approach with the project and just approved everything they made.

He takes some meds and fucks her multiple times, but fails to get her pregnant since he's all old and shit.

Emhyr decides against it at the last moment, but the witches still want to find her a husband. It is weird that they dropped the whole thing about wonder child in the game, since nobody is really trying to make her do anything.

I am pretty sure whole "ciri is virgin" theme was working up to the end.
Last moment is than she is in his bed. He decide it because witcher just saved her AGAIN and if he fuck her he would be just like evil wizard and shit. It would be really fucked up if he went with his plan.

She fucks a dying guy just to try it out, and after he's dead she rides away on her new horse. She is in no way a virgin.

Isn't this the fucking plot of Dune?

It's a copy-pasta from /mu/

You was reading some different version of books? She fails to fuck dying guy because he dies.

Only breeding program. But its universal. Especially for royalty.

I couldn't even run the game because it was so poorly optimized. Fuck CDPR. They went for the console market and it paid off for them. Their priorities are clear now.

The answer is pretty complex.

I read the first Witcher book when I was 14. Finished series pretty quickly, liked it, although the ending was shitty at some parts.
Then I learned about upcoming Witcher game and its premise, oh so original amnesia of main character. That was the first bad sign. I remember one guy from studio saying that amnesia was to justify the whole leveling system. This strikes me as lazy design and blends game with others 'oh it has leveling, must be RPG!' notion. Moreover, the amnesia is never explored in the first game. It comes off as weak justification to play already established character. If you look up the development of the first game, there were few ideas, one of them involving creation of your own witcher and playing game like more or less Infinity Engine cRPG. But devs feared that fans will complain since in their little brains Witcher = Geralt. So came out the first game, plagued with book references (again, to prevent the game is 'nothing like books' backlash) and combat system being this weird hybrid of clicking and traditional RPG rolls. Story at least tried to do something new, I liked a bit the final confrontation since it was almost the only book reference done well. Game overall was average, but hey, was polish, and these people are proud of anything that bears the mark of their country. It was well received by West because of different setting. It was, in general a breeze of fresh wind.

Second game was total failure. They never improved combat system - swapping rhythmical clicking for just clicking is not an improvement. It reeked of console pandering. QTE's. Retarded cinematic-epic-something style. Even between acts speed paint arts were swapped two ugly, poorly animated cutscenes designed to appeal for wider audience. Usually, sequel is an iteration leaving bad parts behind and improving good ones. It's about building ideas on the top of each other. Witcher 2 did none of that. It was lazy swap into wider market. Even the story got worse, forcing main character into romance and king service. Of course, game Geralt is different than one from books, but where was the player choice? Nowhere. You enter king's service because the game says so and you watch king's death because game takes away any action or choice from the player.Now, I don't remember story quite well, but I recall scratching my head when I learned about Sabrina's death (one of more colorful book characters) or Dandelion being a willing spy for special forces. Hell, you could even help murdering a king, despite of the whole game premise that involved around clearing your own name.

Then the third game came and by this point I lost my interest (I will add my point regarding the whole series at the end of this post) plus my computer was unable to launch it. By the time I finally played it, the hype was at the end (it's not I ever was a part of it, I just like to observe it from distance for amusement sake). Like the Witcher 2, third one serves only one purpose - to whore itself with no standards, combining the popular aspects or trends of top selling games. Game fashion name of that time was open world so we got that, with all shit aspects. I was not surprised. Maybe if devs wanted to make open world in the first Witcher game I could at least expect some lore building/expanding, but not with third one. We got riding simulator with generic pattern like quests - find some loot, clear some places. Monster contracts were never strong point of Witcher series, but in this game they became somehow worse. They rely too much on 'point me where I should go' system, taking away the whole aspect of discovery, intrigue or mystery. Contracts are generic MMO quests at this point. So what about combat? Well, it's a bit less crappy than in Witcher 2, but that's just it. Still amazes me how people can praise system that includes just clicking hack n slash style. As long as it has some cool animations people ignore the rest. It's the main theme of the game - as long as it looks pretty, the majority of people won't pay attention to the real meat behind the game.
And the story, holy shit, don't even get me started. Ciri is back and she is trouble because somehow the bad guy from books can travel through all worlds. In books, Eredin could not past certain number of dimensions/worlds called Spiral. Now he can, because Ciri and Yen were game selling point or something. Also, Ciri. She is way too cheerful for someone with her past experiences, her segments are pointless. It would served better if Witcher 3 was similar to LoK: Defiance in game structure regards. Now, for Yennefer, she is just plain stupid. All of the sudden she seeks contact with Geralt, and when confronted about it, spouts some bullshit about Geralt being busy with Triss. Amnesia? Fuck that. When confronted further, she claims that she thought Geralt's amnesia would past sooner. Yeah. Greatl explanation. In books she charmed Geralt so succesfuly, he barely could remember what he has done. Shitty plothole is shitty I guess, but as I stated, the whole game premise is weak. Main villain should not be one, an emperor who willingly gave up his father rights now is again on the whole Ciri emperor plan…it's just shit.

tl;dr
Game devs were too afraid to create something new, so they resolved into shitty book references which became baffling if involved book character (at some points they became whole new characters). They launched game while cutting scraps of already established brand popularity just to whore themselves into wider market with low standards.

So what's the point in creating Witcher game for me personally? Well. I never wanted to play Geralt adventures because that posed plotholes and problems that game series never solved. If I were to make one Witcher game, I would go for story in this world. Not clinging desperately to the source material and then resigning any integrity just to get moar moneyz.

Molyneux promises a lot of things for any game he's working on which he can't deliver on, ever.

Witcher 2 had a new story and everything.
He was a spy since forever. It was either spying or death for him.
Great.
They always could and did but only a little. Their plan is to move EVERYONE not just small groups. Read books again, you disliking the wrong parts of the game.

Dandelion was a willing spy for Redania once.
I wouldn't call book Eredin a bad guy even, he is just another Aen Elle.

There's always been that "ebil racism" shit in witcher, trouble is if you investigate it it's always right.

Look at that quest in 2 where the two guys are going to rape and kill the qtp2t she-elf for murdering their mate and if you help her it turns out she did kill their mate and now she's gonna kill you too.

New story? Barely. Even the first one was more original despite all these shitty book references. W2 is basically development of Vizimir assasination plot from books. It's not even that exciting, game just put Geralt into king's service and he agrees, because…he has nothing better to do.
If they could, where was the notion of escape from Eredin after Ciri finally got to her world? Books state that Eredin and the other elf guy once had ability to travel everywhere, not anymore. It is stated pretty clear that they travel on something called Spiral which is some sort of limited area of worlds.

He seemed more forced by Dijkstra to do it, that's why he is scared shitless when Geralt twists or breaks master spy leg on Thanedd. In W2 he is like 'history is changing and I want my part in it!'. Dandelion mind is, in books combination of sex, filth and lot of poetry. Not so much for politics.

That's because you're a faggot who only gives a shit about AAA garbage.

I'm waiting for the inevitable "HD Re-release" with all DLC and game fixes that's comming when the PS4.5 launches.

Thanks for Beta Testing though, cucks.

Funny way of pronouncing 4.25

The game runs like utter shit for me. Unless I have it at all minimum I can barely maintain 60 FPS on a GTX 770.

Whatever nerd, keep living in the past. The future of gaming is around the corner.

He was scared because Sigi is one of the most powerful people in the northern kingdoms, and while Geralt gives no fucks Dandelion still wants to live.

Full corner or just a quarter of it??

Thats what I said. They can travel but ability is limited. They did hunt for ciri over different worlds and times.

Obviously everyone force him to do everything. Unless he was just too curious sometimes. He is not a simpleton who dont have a care in the world.

Complaining about 1 side quest having a gay character just makes you all seem so retarded.
Why even mention "downgrade" you can judge exactly the way it is right now, and it looks amazing.
In the end its one of the best games ever released regardless if you agree with it or not.

Me too, my friend. I am waiting for the inevitable enhanced edition where I'll get the full game fully patched with all content for like half the price these cucks paid for an unfinished apparently buggy launch with lots of content missing.

When will they learn!

To add onto your point, I'm playing through the first Witcher game right now, and about halfway through the first town you enter after leaving Kaer Morhen there's a dwarf being harassed because of his race. On top of this, the whole town follows a priest who believes that women are only objects controlled by base desire, and on top of that has read and believes in a book that seems very much a nod to an SJW's take on The Protocols of The Elders of Zion (I forget the name of the in-game book) which details a conspiracy on behalf of the non-human races to conspire against, subvert and ultimately destroy the human race.

welcome to the smart consumers club user
i do this with all souls games

Good joke.

Welcome to Holla Forums OP, where no one likes videogames. If they did, this board wouldn't exist because everyone would be playing them.

They can travel but ability is limited.
According to game, it's not limited to Geralt/Ciri world, whilst in books he never attempted to capture her there. Perhaps it is book fault but it seems this is Spiral at work.
Not according to W2, where he merrily jumps on spy train. Bard person who travels from court to court is an obvious asset but Dandelion was never okay with it. And now he is with special forces. Changing history! That's just odd.

I think it just shows how people are allergic to forced narrative and propaganda and will flip their shit for anything slightly reminding them of sjw tactics.
For me that quest was nothing memorable, one sad gay guy mentioning he is perceived as a beast. Maybe some connection to Geralts who is called freak/mutant/abomination. It's pointing out that people will react to difference.This quest never came off as crying about repressions and so on.

It's really funny too since a lot of people on Holla Forums love mgs v. Witcher 3 and mgs v are so very similar. Both games got consolized, have shitty open worlds, and shitty stories.

Is there any hope?

It's a shit game with a good story, that's all there is to it.

Good idea. Next you will be telling stories that wild hunt was good guys who just want to live in harmony with the world and evil humans was oppressing them.

When people use terms like "total failure/shit/flop/carbage" about witcher series it makes discussion truly pointless. If one has to be so extreme for no reason its like debating a christian fundamentalist or a climate change denier.
They have 1 opinion they claim to *know* to be true that 99% of people dont agree with, you can only ignore them.

I remember than it was global warming.

nah, ofir and zerrikania are mentioned in the books and it makes sense that some traders from there are in novigrad, since its one of the biggest harbors in the world.

Why does she looks like a zombie?

The Witcher series being RPGs never made any fucking sense to me. Geralt is supposed to be dead, yet gets brought back with an amnesia subplot, and most of the games' plots is basically rehashing shit from the books.

They should've just made it a linear game based on the books, or something like Deus Ex/Thief/Dishonored where you get dropped in a level, get told to fix something, and go off to do it. Then they could actually dedicate time to perfecting the combat system, which is a central aspect of these games seeing as Geralt's goddamn profession is killing shit.

Not exactly. He was on hurr durr magical island with no death/he was semi dead/hurr durr. Sapkovsky was really tired of his series already.
Yes. And plot of 1 game is the same as 3rd one.
But its hard!

Geralt could be just cursed/wounded/incognito.

Yeah, hence the asterisk next to the "chance", I didn't think the original comment wanted me to go in to a sorceress conspiracy to breed a kwisatz haderach.

The island is the isle of Avalon/the apple isle, it's a major motif in the Arthurian saga, the place where Arthur is sent when he dies or to be immortal so he can come back when England needs him again, depending on the telling. It wasn't pulled out of thin air, especially when you consider how much the rest of the books rely on legends and fables.

There was an interview when the third game was still in production and one of the developers mentioned that feedback had been taken from TW2 about the random combat animations and how this time every attack was going to be the same each time. I guess they forgot because they didn't fucking do it.

If they'd just ripped Dark Souls off completely and made it faster because Geralt is a mutated superhuman (and there's no need for the "heavy gravity" of Souls because The Witcher is not a metaphor for depression where everything is an effort) it would have been fine.

Instead they complicated it further with signs and adrenaline bars and all this other shit. Just let casting signs drain stamina, and if the sign is sustained (i.e. Quen, Yrden) then the stamina is given a soft cap for the stamina "still in use" until the sign wears off or is triggered. They over complicated the most important part of the game and, as a certified Witcher fanboy, I have no trouble admitting the combat is average at best.

buttblasted weebs

what jap rpg game can even lick the soles of this game?

They promised a lot and in the end we have click click click roll click click click roll.
Its not as easy as it sounds.
Also.

This is the truest sign of both halfchan and reddit.
Please leave.

Things can be too easy and too complicated at the same time, when parts of complicated systems aren't balanced well it can result in strategies that trivialize things. In 1 there's loads of different upgrade paths and ways to fight but if you just upgrade aard and ignii you steamroll pretty much every single fight. Same for 2 with quen and light attack spam. They could either fix the balance on everything so it stays complicated but the complexity is meaningful or they could cut a bunch of it down and rebalance the rest so it's not too easy.

Is that a trap? Shit ain't got no tits or hips, even my fatass manboobs are bigger than those.

Because SFM is a bit shit.

2 was insanely hard in the beginning of the game, when you do little damage, don't have the elixirs, take a fuckton of damage and have little energy for signs. Letho can whoop your ass easily, so you need to experiment. As you progress it gets easier with the dragon being one of the easiest fights of the game.

The witcher 2 actually does feel a bit closer to dark souls that other entries with uninterruptable swing animations and everything from rolling to getting out the sword being slow as hell, but I wouldn't say it's a good thing.
Also Dark Souls is a bit clunky and has shit bosses and I wouldn't want any game to go in that direction

You just reminded me they also promised that we could slow down time and deliver a killing blow to monsters and we would get different loot for it or whatever. Never happened.

CDPR were the one company I was willing to pre-order from because I thought they would deliver, if not immediately then eventually with an Extended Edition. I was a dumb cunt.

I will never understand people who are sexually attracted to Morrigan.

That pasted-on, untextured cock really ruined it for me.

And I just realised how much Triss cosplay I have saved.

She looks like that dude. But who cares a hole is a hole.

Well, she doesn't looks as bad in the game, the first one at least. Bioware somehow makes women look even worse on their promotional materials. Remember Isabella with Jay Leno chin from DA2?

It's SFM. They can't do dicks for shit, and when they do they're black.
Fags, the lot of them.

That's from a trailer or intro cutscene in DA:O. She looks much better than that.

I need all the Witcher porn you or anyone else has.

ALL OF IT.

It's all here, but most of it is shit. Don't say I didn't warn you. Also the website goes down a lot.

rule34hentai.net/post/list/The_Witcher animated/1

Thanks user.

ITS STILL SHIT

whats the best way of fapping to webms?

problem i have is to watch one you gotta double click it

is there a program that plays webms for you and lets you scroll through them like you can with jpgs on image viewers?

download some, get yourself Irfanview, scroll.

So many newfags

its no good though

if im fapping i like to watch then scroll to next one but i cant

so you have to constantly stop fapping and switch to the next one

its fucking annoying

so i click webm

fap

and firefox doesnt even repeat them so you have to click play multiple times and some only last a couple seconds since theyre designed to be looped

then you have to exit fullscreen

click a new one

and then enter fullscreen and repeat

and you cant even see what they are since windows doesnt show you a preview and the one program that does (mediapreview) wont install for me for some reason

ill look at this thx

that program doesnt load webm

Create a playlist on VLC, set it to loop them until you skip.

thanks

seems so obvious now

Doo the same shit but in MPC, that's what I do.

I had this problem, verify if it's up to date and if you have to right codec

Witcher 3 is OK, but it's pretty clear this is a shit thread and that you don't vidya at all.

And of course the correct answer is overlooked. Devs broke a promise and certain Holla Forums users told them to fuck off since they went for console shekels while giving the middle finger to PC users.

Get Thumbnail Zoom Plus for firefox, then hover over the filename. Boom, it even plays with no sound so you won't disturb anyone that lives with you.

That's far too many people defending The Witcher 3. It was genuinely one of the worst games I've played in years. It's a pure casual content tour that's been prevalent in games for years now. Am I exaggerating? No.

Follow the breadcrumb trail and listen to dialogue every mission? Check.

Mind-bogglingly dumb characters? Check.

Edgy "bad coincidences no matter what" make your decisions fucking arbitrary? Check.

Inconsistent player agency? Check

Unforgivably horrendous controls? Yep.

Shit, I could go on and on without even mentioning the "downgrades." Truly, if you liked TW3, you are the reason why games are garbage now. For fucking shame Holla Forums.

so are both triss and yennefer sluts? Is there anyone who isn't a terrible person that Geralt could reasonably pair up with?

Right now I'm rather worried about a lack of REDkit, I really hope they'll keep their promise there after the release of the new DLC. I really want to see modders expand the Kaer Morhen and Skellige world maps a lot, for example.

Games should have stayed either arcade-like score chasers that encourage you to get good, and/or like infinity engine games without hand holding.

Infinite Engine games had fucking trash controls and gameplay, so no, let's be glad we escaped that cancer at least.

They're sorceresses, which basically means they're hundred year old narcissists with the ability to make themselves eternally youthful. They're also sterile, so there's no need for monogamy outside of some notion of "faithfulness" which, if you know Geralt, is hit and miss.

Shani is nice, though she only shows up in Heart of Stone and it's quite clear that anything between them is a fling and not lasting.

Pretty sure that the experimental potion you can take in Witcher 2 makes Geralt's sterility go away. I certainly hope so, In my playthrough Geralt's been banging a lot of sexy sorceresses so far.

Then just arcade games. I included that because I figured story-fags liked those games. Narrative based games are for normalfags and women, anyway.

Also, this kind of discussion calls for some r34/images of a pregnant Ciri, as long as it's done competently.

so all sorceresses are pieces of shit and can't be faithful? kinda depresses me more than anything else in the world. I know Geralt isn't faithful either which I guess means they're all pieces of shit.

Not necessarily, there are a few who are fine people but the circumstances of sorceresses tend to lead to them becoming pieces of shit. When you can magically make yourself super attractive and you've got the power to do whatever you want it's really easy to get your head up your ass and become a huge douche.

I finally got around to hearing that "even racism" phrase in context, and it did not actually seem to be some stupid implication that racism is any worse among things listed. More like that it's the more PR-sensitive one for video games and as a result less commonly seen in them, which is simply true. Too many people around us are conditioned to have this irrationally disproportional sensitivity to racism vs. more legit world problems, and that narrator was just helping highlight that if anything.

If you haven't noticed op is that Holla Forums has gone full retard and now has more shitposting than halfchan

my only real complaint for the game is the leveling

i mean the fist 2 where segmented so you where railroaded to the story so you where allways in an area with aprorpiate level monsters

but in 3 with the open world where you can run from your level 5 safe starting zone to level 28 murder cave of course that wouldn't be to bad except for the level 15 drowners that YOU CANT KILL no matter how long you stunlock them until you level up its like they couldent find a way to keep the player character on the "path" that they wanted him on so they said fuck it lets make everything 5 levels above the PC UNKILLABLE not a pain in the ass UNKILLABLE those 5 dwarf thugs on the mission for the master blacksmith that are level 23 or some bullshit while everything else in town is 14-16 so they are UN FUCKING KILL ABLE until you go Drag your heavy ass thew the shit strory missions for exp.
not to mention how piss easy everything becomes when you found out you missed something in the first area then you go back there and nothing can hurt you.

i like how it was clear that they where trying to do something else with it first then said fuck it.

the Barron was supposed to give you a visa or some such bullshit to get into the next area. but you can just swim around the bridge and no one gives any fucks until you run into random bandit thug at Player level +10 and he proceeds to shove his boot so far up your ass your breath smells like shoe polish. there is bullshit with getting to skellige or whatever the "notvikings" place is. but rather than just enforcing some of the rules that they clearly had implemented(passports/boat passes pokemon style) they scraped them to railroad you into the story with level restrictions.

then we have the weapons
the combat that i thought was ok was overshadowed by the weapon leveling. witch goes back to level scaling a bit but that's not all. as the weapons in this latest installment have level restrictions and level scaling. rather than fixed stats and not being just bitchy. if they just made it so that a witcher that killed a dragon and is not suffering from amisia can kill a drowner no matter where that drowner lives. without having to dick around leveling so that the game will let me have fun god dammit. and let me use the sword i found. i don't see cops going around checking my sword licence to see that i have the proper class of licence for my fucking sword. it makes no fucking scene. then when you look at the stats of your legendary sword and find that they are less than some mundane pice of shit you found that has a higher level on it. that discourages doing side quests or looking for legendary weapons as if you bother with it it will just go to shit in 5 levels anyway. and the rng of spawning the legendary swords can fuck you hard in the quest reward segment. rather than the fixed rewards that the witcher 1-2 had along with less weapon scaling so you felt like you won because you got good rather than needing to grind 4 more levels before you are allowed to fight.

oh and the faggot hunter you find in the prolog/tutorial area. he is universally hatted as he fucked up everyone lives as the Barron there couldn't deal with the fact that his son was a bottom for one of his peasants and unwilling to produce an heir to continue the family name. keep his land. a thing that fucked with the barrons head if you read the loreshit behind the "noonwraith" quest also how the fuck are you supposed to know that you had to fight that thing in the yarden circle you find the misbehavior of the local barron that gave them right to move out and claim land and further misbehavior when he killed a bitch that brought up the fact that his son was a faggot making the noonwraith. THE ONLY SYMPATHETIC CHARACTER TOWARDS HIM IS THE PC EVERYONE ELSE HATES HIM AND FOR GOOD REASON. and the Sympathy you give him is to drop the fucking subject after you push him out of the closet by accusing him of being something that you would murder for funzises and whatever change the locals can scrape up.

My only gripe is that there's TOO much to do.
All the fucking sidequests and yadda' yadda', once you're above their level, it just feels pointless. I don't like having a bunch of unfinished quests or things to do in my questbook and I had a hard time enjoying the game because of that. The gameplay and story in itself are fine though.

The fucking combat controls make me vomit shit and you can beat death march by putting on quen and mashing light attack.

It can have the best fucking story, and the best fucking characters, but if I want to kill myself every time some peasant walks at me with a pitchfork, causing geralt to slow down, get stuck on level geometry and do fancy spin animations instead of a NORMAL FUCKING SLAH, it's a shit videogame.

Oh.

You know, I'm glad I don't go to /mu/

Pity that /metal/ is such a dead board though.

Does anyone else find it funny that the big bad interdemensional elves were utterly reliant on Caranthir for fucking everything?

I mean his Ice Powers were the only thing that really posed a serious threat and Ciri fucked him up because she's the second most powerful character in the entire Witcher universe second only to Gaunter O'Dimm(Who's fucking satan)

Nilfgaard was army of darkness, a dark knight army, bringers of death and end times, horned black devils. Until it was revealed that all of it is just way to terrify population of north kingdoms. And they used scorched earth tactics only because it will destroy economy and all of this for easier conquest.
Also if you measure everything by raw combat power you are retarded.

What are you, a bunch of faggots?

:^)

i am dying here user

oh god

Probably Poles cosplaying

why

This.
The SJW shit only came after.

They could've made the next Crysis, a milestone by which all else is judged, instead they made just another game that was held back by XBone hardware.

Hell when Witcher 2 came out I don't think any gpu out there could run it a 60fps with supersampling, I sure as hell could not and while I can't run Witcher 3 maxed out I would have liked to be able to come back a few years later and have a better experience that I would have had on release even with a top tier gpu.

Holla Forums hates any new video game. In fact Holla Forums hates most games that aren't shitty indie pixelated shit or weeb crap.

who do you guys think is best girl?

well their is only one love interest that seems happy to see you so i'm going to go with that one.

you dont like tsundere?

bitch nearly kills me because i call her out for being a bitch said she would kill me if i did it again.

so why do you fantasize about being in a abusive relationship?

Witcher 3 was definitely one of the nicest games I played in years, far from perfect for sure, but I had loadsafun .
Admittedly it's more of an "experience", didn't really find gameplay that good, what I really cared about was the dialogue, characters, story etc, so as traditional game, it's probably bad. I don't have much to complain about other than that

she dont mean it

stop being such a pussy ass bitch nigga

gots to treat em mean

maybe get her some chocolate

bitches love chocolate fam

call her out for trashing a room she was given by the closest thing i have to a family

she teleports me several hundred feet above a lake
says if i bring it up again she will do it above some nice soft rocks

i think i might be best of giving her "her space" and getting as far away as possible and let her get burned at the stake the next time she fucks up rather than saving her heavy ass.

The problem is that Witcher 3 is not extremely demanding to run because it's a graphical wonder that sets standards future games will be judged by, it's demanding to run because it's an unoptimized piece of shit with nVidia GameWorks™ added in to intentionally degrade performance on any cards that aren't the latest and most expensive.

Frankly, any dev that participates in such jewry will go fuck themselves. You need a GTX 980ti to make Witcher 3 look almost as good as games almost ten years older than it and still maintain 30fps. Emphasis on 30fps.

I do.

none of them, they're all shit
Triss let you take the fall for the events of two, despite knowing exactly what was going on, she also manipulated you in the first game cuz she wants everything that Yenn wants

Yenn is just a bitch and should be given a 100 mile radius

It's actually funny, because in the books Ciri was a complete fuck up who failed to do anything and got everyone around her into trouble

GOTY which is an expansion is about to come out in a few days.

And then they downgraded the PC for console reasons you stupid fuck. And they wouldn't even fess up that it was a downgrade despite the evidence staring them in the face and then they made excuses for their bs too.

The UI is consolized as fuck too.

tfw I still haven't gotten around to playing Hearts of Stone

holy shit kill yourself OP, or at the very least spare us the pain of hearing your shitty opinions and keep them on reddit or something

There's been plenty of RPGs better than that garbage and I don't just mean really good ARPGs like Bloodborne (I count it as an action game, not an RPG). I didn't like Pillars of Eternity, Divinity OS, or Wasteland 2 but they were much better RPGs than any of the Witcher games. That shit is Bioware tier, it just has the virtue of not having writing that makes you want to kill yourself.

I have a 970 and I can max it at 60fps with 5fps drops on demanding scenes. Learn2computer.

I guess he was right

What the hell, thought this quest was a nice reference to misunderstood natural immunity.

Bastard.

Who do you think you are? Do you think you can come in and just be rude like that?

Knowing my luck he probably really was immune, and what he thought was the plague finally getting him was just hives or something so I killed him for nothing.

Unfortunatelay Geralt is henpecked by this bitch. Despite his ability to murder people, Geralt can be a beta too.

i should have waited for that, playing dlc so long afterwards feels weird