Xbox One engineering manager Jeff Henshaw has said the processing power of the new console is literally limitless

archive.is/8xPmp

This was 2013, what ever happened to the limitless power of the Xbone's cloud?

Lag, probably.

Kek

Microsoft is still actually working on it.

My university had a talk from a microshaft guy talking about how in the future you'll have no hardware and everything would be on their servers.

I raised the question as to why I should trust microsoft with all my personal information since they're known to collaborate with the government and selling it, and I was shunned by at least 5 fifty or so years old that worked there as lecturers.

These people are actually convinced that working over the internet it the best thing that could ever happen.

Welcome to the cesspool

It's actually a good university, it's just that all the computing guys are full cucks.

It's alright though, I'm studying 3D modeling and 3D art in a completely different section of the uni.

These people happened to it.

same thing that happened to the RAM on the PS4. bunch of hot air bullshit.

holy shit

so why not just get a Smart TV with a controller port? that would easily make the Xbone obsolete for what microshit markets it as.

Very nice, hopefully youll finish your course with some nice grades and ignore the cuckholds and self important teachers.

Drinking the kool aid already?

By that train of thought you should just leave Western society completely.
As useless as it its, that piece of paper lands well payed jobs.

You mean the asshole that had the brilliant idea of shoving that hugeass 32MB Sram cache in the die, effectively making the chip an horrendously huge and unmanufacturable mess at a point they had to cripple the GPU to make it work instead of you know, just shoving the thing on a daughter die like on Xbox 360?

I understand suits talking bullshit like that, but engineers?

He's an engineering manager, not an engineer

He's a manager, that did some colossal mistakes.
So yes, its probably a relocated suit that don't understand shit about engineering.

Is technically truth. The best kind of truth.

What do you expect him to say? Talk against the company that hired him.

My mistake for assuming you'd need some basic understanding of the department you're managing these days.

Cloud Power Usage Stats
1% persistent worlds
13% DRM
87% DLC access

Well, its not your mistake, but microsoft's here.

They know that you're screwing yourself putting everything online but they want to be doing the screwing so they pretend it's fine. That's how academia is, they poison you. They're likely Jews, too.

No yeah I get it, I know why Microsoft would push for it.

What is completely beyond me is why people that teach computing, and have done so for the past 30 years, would agree with this.

It's just fucking crazy to me

It's the spirit of IBM haunting everything with their ghostly hell mainframes running on brimstone and sulphur.

I don't think you understand how deliberately counter to your interests your teachers at a university will be. You're essentially in the temple of a cult that is trying to sacrifice you.

It never existed
Neither did 24 Hour checks
Neither did the no sharing thing.

It was an attempt to bluff it as a feature to get another company to do something retarded and it worked.

Have fun paying for PS+

a developer leaked that it was all bullshit. The xbone had more hardware onboard than was normally being accessed, and it would only activate this extra hardware when connected to xbl

the 24 hour checks did happen though. They first started right in the middle of a fighting game tournament in the final round. Pissed off everybody

There are some trade degrees where you get taught to be a manager (certified car mechanics are all qualified to run the place) but usually it's just some unqualified retard from HR or marketing that gets given the spot instaed.

Its because they used shitty AMD Cat cores when an Intel Pentium Ivy Bridge would've had comparable costs and 10x the performance

The performance yes, but costs would be bigger due having to use a separate video chip, as well, you can't make a chip with intel CPU and AMD GPU, and DEFINITIVELY can't use a intel GPU for a gaming console.

is this fake?
this can't be real.

It's real.
XBone SoC is actually bigger than the PS4 SoC, but they just "HAD" to include those two 1 billion transistor sram things in. (each sram bit requires 8 transistors, and as you know, 8bits for a byte, and as it's 32MB, 32mil*8*8= 2048 mil transistors).

First, network latency: naturally you'd expect to play games at a higher resolution than on your console, but 4K video streaming at low latency is not there yet. Second, "the cloud" is not an magical infinitely scaling fairyland; you're just leasing access to a commodity gaymen PC. Third, gamedevs target the lowest common denominator, and it's hard enough to get them to develop proper PC ports, let alone a cloud edition remaster that only 5 people will actually be dumb enough to pay for.

Actually, the resolution is not the biggest obstacle, but the speed of the internet itself.
Either you have a cloud on every city on the planet, or you will get 40+ ms of lag on the games and this render em unplayable as its non maskable lag.

and then there's THIS Kike…

Read it and OY VEY! you fucking Hebe.

I will never understand this line of logic, and so many people are so obsessed with it.

Here, fixed for you.

It's seriously a shit fucking move in controlling content and I hope the infrastructure is never capable of handling it. Just think about that, no modding, no actual ownership of a product, no telling when it will cease to exist, on and on.

I'm sure there are more examples from AMD that are legitimately shitty, but yeah Intel is miles worse.

If they even have the option of a landline depending on just how rural they are. I tether with one of those AT&T GoPhone pay-card things because I live in the middle of nowhere ("corn field" middle of nowhere) and it's either this or satellite for internet.

Same thing that happened to the supercharged pc that's ps4.

That guy either doesn't know what the fuck he's doing or he's a jew spewing nonsense on purpose because the government is cucked and the goyim are stupid

So Xbone saved Sony?

See

What's really funny is that they could have implemented the same features on both of their previous consoles.

Doubtful, I loved the original Xbox but it wouldn't be able to support all these Cloud based services.

It ran on a Windows 98 Kernel for fuck's sake.

They both had full internet support. If you can do online multiplayer, you can do cloud services. It's the same tech on the device side, just with different back-ends.

Most of the "cloud powered bullshit" is just pretty much a multiplayer game with bots.
If the console can handle MP games, it can handle "DAH CLOUD"

Isn't this infinite "value" complete bullshit?

There would HAVE to be a limit or bottleneck to how much processing that could happen between the cloud and console, there by making it just a "finite" processing power.

And if this is really the case could this marketing lie be worthy of a lawsuit?

probably, but

It's that kind of "kyubeylike truth".
You can make an application that use the whole power of the whole cloud service and even rent some from amazon etc etc etc and return the result to the Xbox console.

But making something like that that is also useful is the problem

You have never even opened a fucking computer before.

Actually is more like "if can run a multiplayer match with 8 human players, it can run a multiplayer match with 8 AI players" kind of deal.

cloud computing is a re branding of "main frame" computing. in the early 90's. they want the processing away from your desk. in another 10 years they will be telling you to move away from the cloud and buy other things at your desk. see the flip flop.

if you have any pc made in the last 6 or so years its a supper computer use to go to facebook for most people. they have no need to buy new computers.

MS and other companies reached a point were people are not buying new computers anymore because the see no need to upgrade (outside of gaming ) . what they are doing now is saying we need to sell these goods as services . you will be charged yearly or monthly fee to use there services. notice how Photoshop is a service now. you cant out right buy it anymore. that will be the next windows.

There's a little bit more than that.
It's a kind of specialized server mean't to run a fuckload of virtual machines where you can upload a image of a linux or windows system and do the heck you want with it.. by a monthly fee of course, and each individual box is not all that powerful.

This contrasts with the regular web servers where you don't get to pick what run on those boxes, and it only uses the server software to serve your pages.

It's quite neat for things like game servers or malicious purposes like breaking encryptions, and its the main market for those many core aberrations from AMD, as they're good at pretending to be a shitton of weak boxes.

what in the fuck are you talking about? i want paint did i talk about web servers ?

"cloud computing " is processing data over the internet (off site) just like mainframe computing in the 90's the only difference is that the network would be in one building or campus in the 90's now its the world. the same issues will pop up. the "point of failure" issues. people say oh its too big to fail then amazon cloud goes down for a day last year..

at what point did i talk about*

Because they're near-retirement old farts who have completely lost touch with the outside world. They don't read tech blogs or news stories on how downright creepy corporations and the government are becoming with data harvesting, they just water their plants, visit their grandkids, and teach the same shit they've been teaching for decades. All they know is that this newfangled "cloud" doohickey sounds like the stuff they read about in scifi novels during the 60s, so they think it's the coolest shit ever.

You also have to remind yourself of how utterly detached and selfish the entire boomer generation is. They have no sense of longterm concern, all they care about is their 401k and retirement. If you tried to explain all the horrendous shit that will result from what's happening today in twenty or thirty years, nine times out of ten their response will be "who cares, I'll be dead by then."

If the last couple years have taught you anything, one of them should have been that Californians live in a bubble and genuinely believe that the entire world is just like San Francisco and Toronto.

Okay.
Also they will slap you with "ah, just add more servers so we get redundancy" which will work.. until they netsplit violently.

This entire console generation literally has no gaems.

It have games, a ton of games, but they mostly suck.
The only advantage PC have is the older games it can run, and eventual oddball made by people not linked with the sick puppy that is the big companies, or the newer even sicker puppy that calls itself the indie clique.

Nah, Wii and Bloodbornestation4 had at least some games.
All around it truly sucks though but not even the NO GAMES 3 was as bad as the xbone, the true blunder of the century.

50 year olds aren't boomers

You didn't pay to have it. What the fuck are you actually dumb enough to not understand here?

So why don't they just make cloud-distributed GPUs, if it's so "infinite" and "instantaneous"?
Give us infinite detail, ultra settings, 4k games on consoles with zero latency at 144 fps.

OH WAIT
YOUR PIECE OF PLASTIC SHIT STILL CHUGS AT 30FPS
WHAT A SURPRIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIISE

Any console released after the dreamcast including the dreamcast is able to run any kind of game at 60 fps, with some sacrifice in quality made in the process.
But try, just fucking try enforcing that on the studios.
They will fucking hiss at you and proceed to remove 5 FPS with another 10 post processing filters just to fuck with you.

shoo shoo gen x cuck

It's because it takes effort and expertise to optimize things, and both of those things are lost arts, right?

JUST BREAK ALL YOUR 2013 PROMISES FAM

Literally people who love it when their wives take huge black cocks.

Is this a console war thread? I can't tell

Wii U > PS4 > Xbone > everything else

Xbone > PS4 > everything else

Gamesphere > Everything else

I honestly hated the Unreal Engine on consoles because it fucking chugs at everything making it impossible to have any kind of immersion in a game because you have to wait an extra ten seconds for the textures to load in otherwise the framerate will stutter and audio will skip

Not really.
They do optimize the engines quite a bit… and then proceed to waste all the extra frame rate they got with more post processing bullshit nobody will notice and more monsters etc..
They probably feel "dirty" if the engine is not chugging like a motherfucker because "they're not using the hardware enough!"