ITT: game series where the first installment is also the best game

ITT: game series where the first installment is also the best game

The whole bit at the end where you need to warm up and cool down the keycard kills replayability and the game doesn't have enough stealth sections. 2, 3, and 5 were miles better.

Is Metal Gear Solid a spinoff of the original Metal Gear series?

Can't tell if it's bait

It doesn't, the whole deal takes like 4 minutes. It's not even the first instance of backtracking in the game.

Holy fucking shit.

doom

MGS was the first metal gear solid.

Final Fantasy 7

MGS is only the best cinematically. The sequels all blow it out of the water in terms of gameplay.

only 3 really did.
4 was just refinement of everything 3 added and 2 was a refinement of 1 that didn't add much save for TECHNOLOGY.

Blade babbies need not apply.

Dark Souls

Dark Souls

No, Demon's Souls doesn't count

This had a sequel?

No

2 on the PSP which is why nobody remembers them.

Also, snake eater is better. Play them beck to back, you'll understand.

3 was better

But that's a shit game.

FEAR 2 is better, Year of the Dragon is better, and HR is better.

2 is better in every way.

nice bait

That's the third installment dumbass.

With Kojimas fuckery of everything. Every game at this point is the first installment. I'm trying to figure out why the FUCK MG:S3 is a "Solid" game when it's a fucking prequel to Metal Gear. It would make more sense to call it Metal Gear: Naked Snake.

Best game of all time

To sell copies. Metal Gear: Ghost Babel for gameboy color was called "Metal Gear Solid" in the US, pretending to be a chinese knockoff when it was actually an official game.

The first Crash Bandicoot is the best one, 2 has vetter graphics and 3 has more movements but 1 is rock solid and hard as hell.

Wew.

y'all pleb motherfuckers

it's not "solid" because of the main character's codename "solid snake" it's because it had was the first installment that had 3d graphics hence "solid", then they just kept the name like that

waiting for THAT guy

Uhuh. Go on.

Episode 2 beats the shit out of HL1, CoP beats the shit out of SoC, and Deadly Shadows kills TDP.

Despite it not actually being the first metal gear game, it's still better than 2 which is 4/10 at best post-tanker.

We were operating under the assumption that it was the first entry in the Metal Gear Solid series, which I believe is it's own series.

But again, you still haven't said anything besides "MGS1>MGS2"

Nigger what?

You still haven't explained anything at all. You're still shitposting, here. The only thing you added to it is

which isn't a criticism, therefore your opinion is shit.

Do you not realize we have IDs, and that I'm not actually the OP?

Also all you've done is go "nuh uh, it's not shit! ur shitposting :(((".

Explain how it isn't shit :^)

Shit opinion

You too, fam :^)

Can you actually explain what you don't like about MGS2? You've only said which section of the game you don't like, which doesn't say much to someone like me who hasn't played it yet.

Agreed OP, every subsequent game was piss easy tranq gun everyone repetitive shit.

Burden of proof is on you/OP for implying it's shit in the first place.

Sure. The boss fights are all shit, the boss designs are shit, the entire setting of Big Shell is anathema to good stealth gameplay like creating a Silent Hill game in a well-light town without fog during a summer afternoon, and the bait and switch from snake to the most obnoxious, unlikable fuckboy in the entire series was fucking repulsive.

But I know how you argue. No matter what is said, you'll eventually fall back to "ur opinion is just shit, everything is subjective :^)))" because you don't want to lose an argument over the internet.

This nigga never played OP4.

Dear lord. You're joking right? Mechanics wise mgs2 improves over mgs1 immensely and that's it.
MGS2
Fuck you, any clarification is made 2 main games later
Mgs2 a fucking insult to fans

Holy shit. Holy shit I must be dreaming. What is this absolute fucking nonsense? Did you really just make a statement, and now you refuse to back it up because you merely assume I won't be able to retort/agree with you? What the fuck is this bullshit?

This is exactly the shit I was talking about. Well done.

Nice quads. And if you're a weeb, apparently they fix issues some players had with the first game. I have no idea what issues those are, though.

Nice bait.

user, you didn't give any reasons beyond the red herring. You literally just said 'it's shit.' Which without reasons is just your opinion, which you complain about in the second part of your post.

see
Selectively ignoring content in order to push your narrative is not how you argue.

Outstanding.

Solidus, Vamp, and Fatman don't have charisma? I understand Fortune though, she's a complete cancer on the game.
Explain.
You're the dickhead for believing it, he brainwashed himself into thinking it.
In terms of Meryl/Otacon death? Not really, no.
…what?
It was a "fuck you" to people who got soaked up in the hype, but the "fuck you" was a major point in the message of the game that had 0 effect on the gameplay itself.

Legends 2 is worse by default because of the Nino Ruins.

Not presenting actual arguments isn't, either. Why is it shit? What parts of Big Shell could be done to make it more suited for a stealth game/what parts in particular make it unsuited for a stealth game?

Is that the underwater place? Because all the control improvements still don't outweigh that dungeon to me.

That's the one

dark souls

The underwater movement was butts, but the actual design was alright, I felt. I remember skating off one ledge to the opposing wall thanks to the water, which gave me an overall alright impression of the dungeon.

Sorry user, but no. At best Vamp and Solidus. But even then it's pushing it. Solidus was just the father figure and Vamp's only charisma was being a degenerate.
If I could explain it clearly user, than it wouldn't be a mess of a story now would it? Game started as believing you'll destroy Metal Gears in the government. Ends with an A.I. wanting to make a safe space of the world. okay? You explain to me how all this isn't stupid.
user. You're a fucking 'tard.
Dear God user, you're making me blog post. Meryl/David ending had symbolism up the ass on how they will live a brand new life together. Unless you lived under a rock. Snake retired after Metal Gear 1 and Metal Gear 2: Solid Snake. But was forced out of it each time. So their "sudden" break up was never clear on why it happened. Cause any scenario you can come up with on why they broke up makes it a less possibility once MGS4 came into being.
Hal/David ending had Hal abandon mechs and go into psychology since he got over his awkwardness around people. You fucking tell me how Kojima didn't retcon these two endings. Cause neither of them fucking work post MGS1.
Now I know you're full of shit. There was no public word that Raiden will be the focus. All ads and marketing gave no fucking clue to this. So fans were not happy to the surprise that was the faggot Raiden.
The insult was the joke of a story/plot and using a new main character no one asked for.

It goes to shit immediately after the sword level in comparison to 2.

Whatever, personal opinion.
Absolutely not, they were actually about NOT making safe spaces. Just because the game fooled you into believing it was about one thing, hardly makes it a bad plot. That's hardly stupid, you're literally criticizing what a plot twist is and the fact that you can't explain the plot for shit. Shit, I understood it pretty easily the first time I played it back in elementary school.
got it.

That fourth point is a complete mess. From what I understand, you're saying Otacon shouldn't be in the second one because he goes into psychology? Regardless, both MGS1 endings work because Meryl isn't referenced in 2 and Otacon can still choose to work with snake, knowing he can stop nukes and whatnot. I don't remember any of that other shit being set in stone in the first one at all. It seems that the second one simply shits on the "symbolism," that's it.
It could mean a number of things, it's not my fault you're not specific in the fucking slightest
Raiden literally represents the player. The reason people think he's shit is because he acts the way someone would like that would normally react. He's a complete bitch that actually goes through the best character arc in the series. Just because nobody asked for him doesn't make him a bad character. If you're one of the retards who had a problem with his voice, play the nip version.
That was the point, the the message of the fucking game wouldn't make sense and it would also sell less if they outright said "this new character is straight up replacing snake but we can't tell u :3"

You need to go through MGS2 again without the knee-jerk reaction that it wasn't how you assumed it would be.

first post is the best post again

The original Dark Souls is the worst of the 3, gameplay wise. Clunky as all fuck. And trust me, I loved that game when it was new.

i like to think that in MGS2 he was being possessed by liquid, then he cut the arm off, replaced it with a robot arm and then hypnotised himself

wh…what?

MGS2 Story
Plot Twist later
Plot Twist again!
Fuck you user. This is a story that's a fucking mess.
user. This is just shit writing in general.

Raidens inclusion would only make sense if the story was about replacing snake, but it wasn't. It was about a rogue AI who deemed it knew what was best for the world. Or did you conveniently forget the last moment AI freak out about it's plan?

Here are the endings. Why I say MGS2 shits all over it is because no MGS1 ending works in the future games. webm give ending detail from this once Meryl actually appears again as a fucking gunhoe character considering she had a moment in MGS1 that she herself stated that she didn't really want to be a soldier. That is a fucking 180 of a character for no reason. This leads to the original issue. The break up
Did they break up because Snake wanted a normal life but Meryl didn't? Doesn't work cause Snake is doing his shit in MGS2.
Is the issue that Meryl wanted a normal life but Snake wanted to continue the fight? That doesn't work cause Meryl is gunhoe in MGS4. So what was the fucking issue of the break up other than an unexplained retcon? This is why MGS2 is a shit cause it explains jack shit and barely even fucking connects to MGS1 at all.

Except, again, it's fucking not. It's pretty fucking clear you haven't even played the fucking game if you got even the most talked about part completely backwards.

Raiden was added as a way to make the player completely put themselves in his shoes, he was created as a blank slate with a fucked past as a way to represent the average human being. In the end, he himself says "I'm not my past" as a way to separate himself from the player, making him an individual with his own thoughts and feelings, which was actually a meta message about how we shouldn't live through some video game character's shoes, that we need to be our own person with our own stories to tell.

It is an extremely deep point that you completely missed because you were too focused on the fucking game canon, missing the entire message of the game, and don't get me started about how you completely read the fucking AI's goals wrong, completely glossing over the other huge statement the game was trying to make.

Your last point is again, a complete fucking mess that I have a hard time making any sense of. I have no idea why you're so completely hung up on wanting MGS2 to be a absolute surface level continuation of MGS1. It doesn't matter what Meryl and Otacon went through because it would've been retarded trying to make one out of two endings canon for MGS2.

And shit, on top of that, the fact that the tanker chapter was almost guaranteed a just VR simulation itself makes your whole "muh MGS1 endings" pretty much pointless.

If you want a Metal Gear game about the characters themselves and not a philosophical message about the Internet, safe spaces, identity and all that bullshit, then play MGS3. If you're going into MGS as a series to only focus on canon and in-universe explanations for shit, you're gonna have a fucking terrible time, my friend.

The STALKER series is hot garbage without mods to fix all the inherent flaws the devs leave behind. If Russians didn't give enough of a shit to fix all the issues, people would've forgotten about it a long time ago.

I know a lot of people joke about MGS2 being 2deep4u but man, a lot of it really did go over your head.

Ya fucking think? But your explanation is this.
That's fucking new reader comic book mental gymnastics. Also your adding in every other fucking series in the game to explain plot bullshit. My view is from MGS1 to MGS2 and only those 2 since at the time they came out they were the only MGS games. You excuse MGS2 because future games clear it up more. Which is bullshit writing.
I dunno. Maybe cause MG1 MG2SS and MGS1 stayed canon and until post MGS1 is when canon went to shit. Whether you like it or not MGS1 built villains and NPC up as great characters who grew in the process of this game. Don't fucking bullshit me about "Just focus on overall plot" just because the instant this started happening was in MGS2 and future games. Yeah, the meta is obvious. Raiden doesn't want to be Solid Snake. But what the fuck does that have to do with the AI creating a safe space? You're just going into Raiden and giving him this bubble of invulnerability and ignoring the fact that hardly anyone else in that game was any good.

Whether or not this is true is beside the point about the endings of MGS1. If the tanker mission was faked than SS is still right fucking there at big cell still fighting to destroy metal gear. And Ocelot is still possessed by an arm. You're using deep meta to excuse shit plot, shit story and shit characters.
Here is my point. I don't care how deep the meta was in the game. The story was shit, the bosses were no where near as good as MGS1 in their charisma and the only person in that entire game I cared about died in that game. Emma was the only fleshed out character in MGS2.

Better than 2's Postal Dude.

It was the same guy.

What the fuck? When does this happen? Inclusion of Raiden has nothing to do with canon.
I never said they didn't. Every Metal Gear game up to V did that though.
The canon still works in MGS2 because one of the main plot points was that it could've all been a simulation. And don't give me "dud that's just poor writing," if you bothered to look, the entire game was built around the idea that it could be real or VR.
That has nothing to do with AI creating a safe space. Nobody said it did. Where did you get this from? The two messages don't have to relate to each other. The game was about individual identity, along with the "safe space" problem that the internet created. They aren't related, Kojima simply added both of the ideas in because there's no reason NOT to.
I'm going into Raiden because you kept bitching about him. I also went on about Raiden because HE IS THE DRIVING FORCE BEHIND THE ENTIRE GAME'S NARRATIVE. The other characters were fine outside of the females. They all played their part pretty well despite not being the focus.
It's not though, it explains why the events of MGS1 and snake's fate post-tanker is left so vague. It's Raiden viewing the story through a sanitized VR mission.
I'm not gonna pretend like that was coherent English, or even an actual argument.
Could also be explained through supernatural elements.
Except the deep meta was what MGS2 was about. You're just calling everything shit even though I've proven you wrong time and time again. You don't have to like the game, but objectively from a narrative standpoint, it's one of the best ever made. Stop calling things shit unless you can go into actual detail. I understand the females of the game being poorly written, but the rest are fine based on their own merits, unless your standards for a boss are that fucking high.
That was the point of the fucking game. I don't care what you personally believe because so far, none of your criticisms are objective in any form, and you're proving to me time and time again that you don't pay attention in the slightest and only have this childish knee-jerk reaction to 2 because kojima didn't make the game you thought it would be, even though it ended up being an objective masterpiece regardless. You just keep calling the game shit, and the only detail you go into is oddly enough a convoluted mess that makes no sense since you've made it too clear that you haven't actually analyzed or paid attention to MGS2 in the slightest because you probably had your autistic blinders on post-tanker simply because you saw something you didn't expect.

>who are the AI yes, they too count as characters with their own motives and whatnot
Yeah, you didn't play it. You're a waste on energy.

I also know I'm talking to a retard when you keep focusing on the plot of the game when "objectively" giving it a piss poor rating. Please fucking kill yourself, you are a blight on this industry you absolute fucking redditor. Peace.

you know i'm right though.

What's going on here?

blowout, STALKER.

Entirely depends on what the "inherent flaws" you're talking about are and what you mean by "hot garbage". The games themselves from a technical standpoint run like shit (with the exception of CoP, which runs fine with the official patch), but I don't think any mod that attempts to rebalance the game adds anything meaningful or necessary.

SoC ran great with minimum bugs after update v1.005 or v1.006. CoP ran fine at release. Clear Sky is fucking garbage though.

2 was just as good
Being the same game and all

Doom 2 is DLC disguised as a sequel.

I was referring to mods that fix the flaws in the code and add features that were removed like blowouts in SoC. I'm not too keen on mods that add stupid shit like vehicles, but mods that fix what the devs couldn't like how it was with Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines are always welcomed. VtMB is a whole other thing in it's own right though.

It's also stand alone.

SoC runs fine with 1.0005 for 90% of people playing it who won't notice any issues. That 10% who do normally have to put up with a few CTDs but nothing game ending. ZRP fixes all of that and a few other silly bugs, glitched quests etc. The community fixes are not necessary but they are helpful.

VTM:B is broken as all shit and borders on unplayable without the community patch.

The comparison really doesn't hold.

DMC3 is Great but there is just something about DMC1.
All the other games mention Sprada but DMC1 is the only game in the series that actually shows you The Legendary Dark Knight.

DMC1 was the result of the beta Resident Evil 4

I know that
I was just trying to describe why I like it more then DMC3 since allot of people consider it the best DMC game. (for good reason)

I disagree, MGS had the most variety in terms of gameplay, and it kept things interesting for the exactly right amount of time. Just when you were about to get bored of sneaking they immediately throw you into combat, boss fights, interesting puzzles, using your wits to escape prison, rappelling, a boss rush section, etc. It was short and sweet and to the point, and the story never went up its own ass too much. The characters had enough time to develop and make you feel for them.
MGS had one of the best translations ever in videogames, which is why it feels so different to the games after.

I'll grant that there's a very mild chance Mafia 3 won't be fucking terrible but I doubt it.

I thought Max Payne 3 was better than the first one. The gunplay wasn't as clunky, and it just felt more fluid. It had i think the best aiming system out of any non-FPS.

Yes but they're turning people into GLUE!

Brazil is as Brazil does.

I enjoyed the fuck out of MP3 but between the excessive cutscenes and the poor writing (lack of humour in particular) it doesn't quite beat the first for me.

I'd probably still rate it above MP2.

Or basically the few gunfights where it opened up properly are probably the best of the series but taking the whole game into account it doesn't win out.

I just ultimately enjoyed it more than MP1. That airport shootout scene alone just makes it.

If the entire game was of that quality I'd agree but you have to push through a lot crap to get to the good bits.

I suppose it comes down to personal taste. Interestingly a lot of anons here seem to dislike 2 the most of any game in the series which is an uncommon opinion elsewhere.

The song that plays during the airport shootout from Max Payne 3 is different than the song on the album, so I edited it to match the one in the game. Here it is if anyone wants it.

bump

Funny because I think 2 is the most solid game.

The war for which prime game is the best will never end

The first in a series is usually the best, which is why it spawns sequels. And you can gauge how good the first installment is by the number of sequels it spawned.

the policeman could have died from that helmet as he could have crashed. he was perfectly justified it killing his assaulters, "protection" laws in the US are ridiculous, don't attack the police and you wont fucking die

Fear is complete shit.

It's also a pretty wrong translation, so I hear.

Are you retarded? In your scenario, what is someone weak enough to die from a 0.000000001mph crash doing in the police force in the first place?
And you know this kind of behavior is just going to motivate civilians to shoot first, so enjoy digging your own grave, pigs.

Thanks user.

Thought I can't say I ever noticed the difference. What's the main change?

3rd Spyro best Spyro
It's all shit

3rd was clearly the best one.

Just no.

Good shit.

Third Spyro's fine if you're a casual babby.

Borderlands is not a masterpiece by any stretch but admittedly I liked it just happened to be an easy target. Would you really rather play a game written by the cuck king?

What?
I don't think cops anywhere are as trigger happy force as burgeristanis.

backtracking is still backtracking, fam. even if the game is good.
mgs2 best

looks like someone didn't listen or read

They're all casual. Who the fuck plays Spyro thinking they're some 1337 hardcore xXGamurXx

shit, final fantasy must be the best game ever then

The ingame version (The one i made) is a deeper pitch and slowed down version of the song. You can look up TEARS - Health on Youtube or something and you'll really notice the difference.

It's the only FF game I ever played, and I'm going to keep it that way.

God damn right i wish more people felt this way

Next time read the fucking thread nigger

Agreed, its sequel ZX Advent sucked and nearly all the biometals except A and ZX were useless in combat, even during boss battles. It deviated so much from inafune's design philosophy that its not even worthy of being called a megaman game.
The original ZX is by comparison a masterpiece.

Halo CE was shit and you know it. 2 was okay, 3 was decent, everything else sucked. End of story, Overall I'd say halo is a bad series due to the first game being a boring shitpile the 2nd game being rushed and imcomplete, the third game being the only truly good entry, and all the other games sucking the shit out of my grandmother's anus.

In the unlikely event you're still around user I looked it up and you are indeed correct.

I had not noticed the difference originally.

not shit
1 is better though.

Factually incorrect.

First pikmin was certainly the best ,always learning and seeing what you could do faster, having to cut your losses and just finish as fast as fucking possible

2 SEEMED like a neat idea at the time, but the game literally turned into LAWL PURPLE.

Fuck, that really hampered my enjoyment in the long run, because i felt no push to HAVE to go into the caves.

Pikmin 3 took measures to fix that and the game pad showed it was prime for RTS games.

pity none ever really came out on WiiU

I only ever played the PS1 version. Didn't know that was some TS exclusive "fix".

Reminder that Ocelot is the son of The Boss and The Sorrow, who had the ability to channel the dead.

DMC gave us a closer look at his visage, even if it was just some nerd playing imitation.

I gave up on Pikmin 2 long before that. Sad but relieved to hear I wasn't the only one bothered by the design changes.

>STATUS AILMENTS
>W A T E R L E V E L
>A
>T
>E
>R
>L
>E
>V
>E
>L

And AssCreed lmao.