- Crescent Axe
- Dark Drift
- Washing Pole
- Moonlight Great Sword

Discuss how magic is totally gimped

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=DogoYQ2K7LQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Magic is fine, as long as you're using pyromancies. :^)

Also, thrall axe is fun.

Hey there, quints. Come here often?

I like how the game wont launch anymore since the update.

Oh well I had just finished my first playtru, I guess its time to move on.

Is there an option to scale a custom resolution to a certain window size? e.g., 800x640 to a 1366x768 window frame

Sorry; I meant mod.

I only see mistakes

It's not on CODEX's website. Is it still out there?

r8 my sorceress waifu
Yes, I hate myself, why else would I use sorcery

MLGS is pretty good since the latest patch!

Is it even possible to invade without getting 2 phantoms and a dorkmoon anymore?

It is as if some of you are actually functionally retarded or some sort of autist.

I'm guessing I'll want to stick with raw weapons until I can get a weapon that scales with int?
What even scales with int in this game? Magic and enchanted are out as far as I know. It'll be ages till I can get the MLGS.

that's some great maneuvering, user. 10/10

Raw Astora's Straightsword with whatever level of magic weapon you get your hands on would work just fine. Crystal Sage Rapier has magic scaling and damage, but isn't all that great outside of the item discovery bonus. When you can, crystal infusion is what you'd want to use for your main hand weapons, if you don't want to waste FP buffing…

Sometimes I feel like magic users get exactly what they deserved.

Why not? you can then use the healing and other buff miracles while still getting shit scaled towards pyro.
This also means you can put more allocation to the ashen estus because miracles take over for most of the healing.

That gif is shit. Dancer doesn't flop around like a sheboon.

To be fair, I don't think you would've survived for nearly as long if they just surrounded you with 4 meme weapons and spammed you to death.

It should've been Vordt, actually, that's EXACTLY what he does at the start of 2nd phase.

That's really just an endorsement of how fucking awful magic is, any other attack method in the game x3 would just kill you instantly.

Well to be fair, I cornered him and he pulled out his Danksword and started the R1 spam which I somehow managed to riposte.

Unfortunately, the other Aldrich fuckboys decided to go heal their shit and reapply their Tears of Denial during that.

You can use the invincible NPC glitch to kill Dancer, Vordt and Crystal Sage and Abyss Watchers. There are no summons for the Curse Rotted Greatwood or Wolnir but those 2 can easily be killed SL1 with unupgraded weapons.

After doing all that Hawkwood spawns in front of Oceiros where you can make him invincible.

You can clear the game using this exploit as a SL1 with unupgraded weapons the only boss that's a roadblock is Aldrich which becomes easy when you use the Barbed Straight Sword (11/11 req) with a Carthus Rouge, just 2 hand the sword with the Carthus Milkring for the +3 DEX or grab the Soldier's Ring from Lothric Castle after you kill the Dancer.

Just picked up the astora straight sword so I'll do that until crystal thanks user

Or Oceiros with his fullscreen turbo charge.

Joined darkmoon, learned the hard way that covenant is broken.

Over 3 days of game play I have not been summoned even once.

Also Anri dropped off the face of the earth, no where to be found. Killed aldritch and yhorm thinking that would advance her but yuria still won't tell me she's ready. Not sure what happened.

Playing as Ornstein has been great so far, shame it requires me to hit such a high SL.

Has anyone found that crescent axe and the one you get off the fat hands in the capitol go great with the brass set?

Have you killed Horace yet?

The thing with the ASS is that it has really high damage with raw, but its scalings with other infusions isn't too great. There's a handful of weapons that get unusually high scaling with elemental infusions, such as the astora greatsword. Astora sure is great, isn't it?

Killed Horace years ago. It was weird though because I never found Anri in the catacombs, she was never there at the first or second locations.

First time it's happened like this.

Really? I have no idea then. Tried checking the grave stone near the Cathedral of the Deep?

Hmm no, which? I've never seen her there.

Where did you last see them? Did you talk to them in the Catacombs, kill Horace, talk in the church then kill Pontiff? That should start the dialogue to marry them.

Are there prism stones where they should be? Go to where Horace was to see if they spawned there hostile.

Is Yuria hostile towards you?

Where you get the Dragon Crest shield, on the precipice above the spider shield bandit.

whats the unholy magic i need to run the fucking game at a fucking stable framerate above 30?

im beyond fucking pissed right now, im having a great time and here comes the fucking Pontiff with his dual "WACKY EFFECTS" swords with the power to drop the framerate to 5 for 1 whole second on every swing, something that didn't happen on any other boss, not even abyss watchers who happens to have the same graphical effect on his sword (flames).

i ran 1 and 2 at 1080p 60fps with the same setup i have right now, i've set everything to low or off, and put the resolution at 720p, and even then the game is barely playable 30% of the time, and never, in any area previously visited, was it as bad as when pontiff swings his sword at you.

i tried with patch 1.3-1 and 1.5, both had terrible performance.

I'm having a similar problem on my quickstep build. Quickstep's input delay means that the massive framerate drop that occurs as soon as Sulyvahn swings his stupid fucking sword I get sent flying across the room and lose a ton of FP just trying to quickstep once.

Last I saw anri was summoned fordeacons, she never appeared in the catacombs. I kinda forgot about horace until I killed pontiff. Went back and killed him, no sign of anri there or in the church before I paid pontiff the visit.

Just checked the grave stone and nothing.

Check the darkmoon tomb, near Gwyn's tomb.

Did you make it to Aldrich yet?

Tomb is empty, Yuria is still asking me if I know of the maid anri.

Aldritch is dead, little man at firelink hasn't said shit about Anri which he supposedly does but didn't.

Would killing dancer break the quest?

You fucked it up, then. Assisting her with Aldrich was the final step in her quest.
In the church, there was a guy disguised as a statue, if you didn't kill him, you'd continue Yuria's quest, if you did, you'd continue Anri's quest.
Killer Dancer doesn't break the quest.

i guess my playthrough is over then, i cant play a game that performs this shit.

Any advice for the Dancer? She's ripping me 7 new assholes, fire armor doesnt seem to do much with her damage either.

I've gotten close a few times when she goes dual swords I get fucked.

What weapons you using?

It's EVERY summoned NPC that can become invulnerable.
Tried it with Black Hand Gotthard on Pontiff.
Tried it with Sword Master on Gundyr 2.0.

If they die and you reload and re-summon they cannot be killed whatsoever.

Anri and the church pervert never appeared in the church of yorshka, they have on other runs.

People usually suggest a shield (like Dragon Crest).

Great Magic Shield on pierce shield or another high stab shield.
Reapply when needed.

It's the boss's "Easy mode".

Check outside the Anal Rodeo cathedral doors for a summon sign, I guess. You might've bugged it out and prevented her from dying.

Is anyone else noticing a massive increase in parry-shield/dagger users?

Also SL120 is still a thing right? I have a quality sitting at SL100 and a spellblade at SL74 that I want to get to that point to enjoy nonstop PVP around the Aldrich area.

Alright I swear to god I checked before and she wasn't there, but look where I found her.

Why the FUCK hasn't she moved on?

SL from lvl 50-120. There's people all over the place.

As for me, I've just got a random build that's pure phys. at 116 with 40 hp, 40, stamina 40 str, and 40 dex.

Also, although it's less common, there's a LOT of people that use the caestus to parry.

I'm one of them. Reason being that if you miss, it has little endlag. In turn, the timing is really strict.

Alright things seem to be on track again, oddly enough I told her about horace, and I find she placed his weapons on a rock and left a way stone.

But then told me she never found him.

Best PVP hotspots are usually the Aldrich Area (post-pontiff) and areas of Lothric Castle?
I'm basically making worlds where I have as many bosses alive to have access to as much farming as I need but be PVP heavy as there are no area-like covenants and I play Dark Souls for the PVP.

I'm a weird fucker that has a simple target shield/buckler just for the FP regen and the mental deterrence for other players. I absolutely despise the current parry system and feel it's too 'easy' to get one off. Parrying right now is probably the worst part about DS3 next to hitstun and no poise. Makes a lot of 'duel's press L2 to win and I can't stand it.

I gave the Pontiff Knight Great Scythe a go.

Awesome weapon. Weapon skill is a bit pointless in PvP. That said the weapon does good damage if you land on the sweet spot. At first I hated how the reapers felt in this game but now I love them.

I bet you upgraded adaptability in DS2, too.

PVP requirements aside, the axes in this game are top notch, and I'm just hoping that Fromsoft never realizes how little stamina the bandit axe uses.

magic isn't gimped if you go full wizard, 60 int, 40 faith. Then you play pokemon vs the bosses. Fire vs aldrich, dark vs dancer, lightning vs old drake

Was using the ice straight sword but its barely scratching her, not sure what to use.

Best spots for PvP is post-Pontiff and the first bonfire for the High Wall of Lothric from my experience

Well there's a few tips to make your duels more pleasant.
UGS, UGH, CGS R1s and R2s can never ever be parried.
This does not apply to their rolling attacks.
Whips cannot be parried ever.
Jumping attacks can never ever be parried regardless of weapon.
If someone likes to parry and you have a parryable weapon, kick 'em. It staggers them and leads to a R1 combo for Greatswords and faster.
If someone is parry-happy/has a parry item equipped, don't fucking do a rolling R1 into them. Bait them with a rolling R2
Also, have more than 27 Vigor. Seriously, having only that much is way too small for 120 builds.

I'm glad I'm not the only one who noticed that

Please exclude the Reddit memes from your posts from now on.

Will we see the hidden weapon rings make a comeback in this game?

Lord, I hope they don't.

Though, I do miss having invisible spell items for fashion.

I do not go to reddit, if they have despoiled any phrases I type, then that's on them.

One event that happened today that might contain interesting information, it turns out the ledge overlooking the ancient wyvern boss arena in the mausoleum is closed off by fog walls when you get invaded, but is also considered part of the viable invasion area, which can trap you. Also, the broadsword's one handed r1 pushes you forward, which is good for attacking people with long reaching weapons and for getting people through fog walls.

Alright, for quick weapons, stay on her ass and never fully commit your entire stamina bar.
Avoid attacking her head on.
Roll through her attacks forward and to the side and not away most of the time. Her stab reaches all the way across the screen
Her spin to win lasts longer than you'd expect all the time. If she starts doing, drop your lock-on and run to the other side of the room.
Never EVER be above 70% weight.

I don't entirely trust that you don't go to Reddit, but I will assume so for pleasantries. The "Dex is for faggots" thing has been spread on Reddit. I know, because I go there for data on Souls games and that is it.

Did you mean to say the one handed R2?

Yes, I kept thinking of the beasthunter saif's r1 moveset and forgot which button was what. I just remember my first run through was "only level attack stats," starting as a sorcerer, doing no summons, which made a whole bunch of content from irithyll on very, very, frustrating. Pontiff was the most difficult boss in the game, that run, if only because of his varying attack speeds, and with almost no margin for error making it difficult to focus on memorizing the pattern. I still can't to this day replicate the close range short bow fight that happened after I forgot to re equip that got me the win on that run.

I dont get it, so do they run around with greatswords or do they just throw fireballs at each other?

Does the dash still have i-frames if you have no FP?

Yes, but it's severely reduced, to the point where it's better to just roll. You need to invest in ATT if you want to quickstep forever.

They're on reddit, dummy, what do you think they do?

spec dex, obviously

W-what did they change ?

If one uses a spell-deflect shield, will it parry a magic sword?

Very slight damage nerf, not enough to matter.

Except it can be parried just fine.

are people just this shit at the game?

it can only get parried if they parry the staff itself
If you hit them with the staff if does 1 - 2 damage.

It cannot be parried if you hit them with the actual sword.

How? They're like little tickles. Totally useless.

Honestly I'm tempted to make a magic build just so I can cast Soulstream all day long.

If they're getting hit by deep souls then yeah, they're probably pretty shit.

I'm on the same boat user.

Been shitting on darksword / rapier shitters with my superior flash sword range.

Magic ain't given enough credit.

Please god, just end my suffering.

Get that candle dagger that buffs magic, then the magic rings and that gay hat that boosts magic damage.

Bam you can do around 50-100 magic damage per tap.

To do it properly you'd need to either have a really high level or dump literally everything into int and die in a single hit.

Just go to smoldering lake you stupid shit.

Haev you retards tried turning off "Effects" in the graphics menu?

Except it's still piss easy to dodge, doesn't stagger at all and you probably have no health and all your ring slots are used up. Meanwhile, you could just put points into str/dex like a normal person and throw a knife/kukri for about the same damage.

knifes only do 5 damage or near.

also you can sprint and use it, so you need to run in circles and start the animation behind walls to do some sort of hit and run shit.

You don't use it to kill em you use it to harass and bait em towards you.

If you can't hit em with a farron dart or can't be unpredictable. I suggest you sprint more in combat and learn how to bait out attacks and striking them between their swings.

If you can dish out 70 damage from just 4 mana and you can cast that shit 50 times before having to chug down an ash flash. You got some serious harassing potential there.

I've got 76 int
211 spell buff
Both dragon crest rings
magic clutch ring
Candlestick off hand
dusk crown
40% extra spell damage with buff (Sage's crystal staff+5)
I hit the old demon king (when summoned) for usually about 1500-1800 in one soul stream iirc, while the crystal soul spear hits for 1200
The master spark could really need a buff for it's long casting time and low damage output, especially considering you stand there like a fool for 2-3 seconds

I reached this boss battle and beat him on the first try and I just loved his third phase
He turned from a regular hugely armored knight into a god damn blade dancer

or even better
Or my personal favorite
While it's possible to make a mage build put out some damage, it's at the cost of versatility ironically enough. You invest everything into a single stat to make a spell do passable damage, all the while giving up all your ring slots and having no durability. Meanwhile a melee character can do a quality build or something close to it and use multiple different weapons that they can change on the fly. Magic simply isn't worth the stupidly heavy stat investment outside of buffs and some pyromancy.

I'm getting a lightning infused weapon of each weapon class and I need suggestions for missing classes.

So far I've got these.

Could use some suggestions on things that might get good damage bonuses from faith in the remaining weapon categories.

Lothric knight greatsword has the best lightning damage for Ultra Greatswords
Lothric knight sword for straight swords (110 crit bonus + lightning S scaling)

But Estoc is still better :^)

Why not Irythyll rapier? Shit looks sexy.

It can't be infused for starters.

depending on your shield.

If I swing at you with my flash sword about 4 times I will either break your guard or put on 200 damage or more.

Also farron darts cost hardly anything and is easy to get back the mana with just a simple gem weapon.

Ok, I am not gonna spam around and hope to hit you.

farron dart attacks faster and halbreds are stupidly easy to dodge.
If anything you're gonna just miss and I get a free tap.

Was meant for

Oh, I see, lightning infusion. Gotcha.

That's only 27 vigor, son. Not even using any HP rings.

Against a shitty wood shield maybe, but anything that's actually intended to be used for blocking won't care. Even moreso if it's a greatshield which can block your shitty darts all fucking day.
Then you're a glass cannon build that's standing around and doing nothing.
I think you underestimate how fast the 2h running attack is. There's also the fact that farron dart has literally no stagger. Sure, you may get a poke in for 100 but the halberd hits you for way more and gets a follow up hit because of the stagger which will probably kill you because you invested all your points into a single stat like a retard. Even if you do manage to switch to flashsword as the halberd gets close and you get to take a swing, the halberd has super armor on the first hit. Either you run away and try to poke forever or you trade and die.

Why the FUCK is the Final Boss weapon so GARBAGE?

It doesn't even transform into different weapon types.

The only shields that have been blocking good damage against my sword was the big shields or the shields that are shit against pysical but good against magic.

I aint a glass cannon. Nothing is glass cannon about this build, its harassing / long range pokes while dishing out ok damage.

and If I stand around restoring my mana then its more power to me.

I am fully aware of the super armor shit the halbred has. You faggot.

Since I want to keep my distance with you and shoot a dart at you ever 3 second, you will only have to run and strike at me if you wanted to get anywhere. Which is me controlling how the fight goes.

Also stagger doesnt mean anything. Its use for long range pokes.

Its basically a melee strike at any distance.

Also the best thing about my heretic staff with flash sword is that even if you roll my first strike, the extended range will strike you on my 2nd swing.

Maybe if you learned about planning out fights and how to make even the useless shit viable. You'd see magic is not all that bad.

Crest shield along with literally any greatshield.
Harrassing doesn't do shit unless the opponent is already full health. All you're doing is being annoying.
Shit damage. A whole 100 after investing a ton into making it "work" at what I assume is either a 60 or 100~ build.
Yet you don't address it at all. They get in your face and wait until you try to attack so you don't just roll away. Do you really intend to just roll away forever and assume you can poke them down with easily dodge spells over the course of 3 hours? If you make a single mistake you're going to die.
All you are doing is forcing them to slowly walk to the side to not get hit. Meanwhile, them running at you forces you to move. You are not in control by any means.
Flashsword is no different than a straight sword except for being pure magic damage and maybe having slightly longer range. Either roll more than once or just fucking parry it.
And all of this is assuming a 1v1 duel. If you tried to invade someone with this shit, they could literally just ignore you and walk forward.

That fills the greatsword slot.

I still think magic is shite, but the Crest Shield got changed from being a magic blocking shield to a dark blocking shield.

Well whatever the magic blocking one is now.

god quick step reminds me how much harder this game has been since i fucked up getting the manikin claws twice.
using a shield is harder then dodging at this point.

or just have a simple weapon in your off-hand, simple ceastus or simple rapier are probably the best for functionality.

Having to come across crest shield users in my invasions today. I can tell you that having to hit them 4 times with the flash shield did around 200 damage.

Which is not bad for 20 mana used up for it.

Tell that to some people I invaded and that used estus after my constant pokes.

Is that a bad thing?
Makes invading fun.

I only have 32 into intellegence.
I dont even have the best gear for magic damage yet.

and 80 damage or near is fucking great, the fuck are you talking about.

If I was to tap someone 10 times with a 4 mana spell that does like 100 damage thats 1000 damage. With only 40 mana spent. That's not even 1/4 of my mana. Which is also not even at 50 with attument.

Oh no, the easily noticeable attack animation with nothing tricky or crafty in their attacks. Truly I am fucking doomed.

Your weapon relies heavily on someone to hit you first just for you to get your shit going, giant weapons like that are easy to dodge. Unless you run in circles and don't lock onto me to swing your shit, you will never hit me.

You can't parry it.
You will need to roll twice if you dont want me to hit you from behind myself.

The fact you don't know about the damage these spells do to shields or how good the poking is or even how you can't parry flash sword spells shows you know nothing about magic.

Seriously try it before you claim it to be shit.

I have came across groups. Ofcourse I had to run from some since its an uphill battle with this shit.

While magic is not the best form of combat like most melee builds.

it is by far the strongest supportive set up.
In groups with others or NPC enemies they can be very dangerous.

Fun fact, the best shield in the game is any shield with Great Magic Shield.

It'll last all of half a minute, but it has literally 100% absorption for everything.

Did you use this with the ring that extends spell durations?

Or is it around half a minute with no rings?

Yeah, calling bullshit. If you had 60 int and all the magic boosting gear equipped then maybe, but you don't. Are you hitting naked people or something?
Except you can. I've had it happen to me before and it says right on the wiki. If it was actually unparryable, everyone would be using it instead of estocs.
So it's shit and only worth using in gank squads.

Does it buff the damage of shields too? Because if so, a crystal bonewheel might be fun to fuck around with.

With the Normal lingering ring, you can make it last for ~40 seconds, but I haven't seen others use it that much because of how situational it is.

It only increases the shield's "fortitude" so I'm guessing no.

Also, about the Farron dart, it recently got buffed in the patch a week ago, so maybe that's enough to push ~100?

Also, also, he's right about it being parryable. It's basically just a longsword with longer reach and less damage.

The staff itself is parryable, not the spell.
The staff and flash sword are seperate, if you get too close you end up hitting em with your staff.

I aint making this shit up, I can do around 50 and a bit above. Vigor is my highest stat.
So I can later wear a ring that will make me cast more magic shit.

Do you think people would go on the internet just to tell you lies???????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

I am saying its stronger when you support someone with it. Or when you are invading and running away behind monsters. Stupidly easy infact compared to melee when you are up against a gank squad.

I never said it doesnt work while you're soloing.

Also I am gonna remind you I aint a glass cannon and I have built myself to survive against giant weapon strikes and to cast a lot of spells.

But theres probably a build to hit even harder with magic with the risk of being fragile.

I have been coming across ceastus parrying players while using my flash sword.

I could be wrong that it can be parried but so far I have been purposely attacking 3 to 4 times just to strike even again and so far they haven't parried my spell.

Unless they were bad or something.

I'm guessing lag or not knowing the timing.

I think he was using logans staff. Which makes the flash sword range smaller.

Also seeing how close they are together I think he parried the staff itself.

I kinda wanna test this shit out on a heretic staff. Since the heretic staff is incredibly long and infact extends the attack range on the flash sword.

The sword itself is always the same range. if it's only the staff itself that can be parried, using heretics would make it easier to parry.

youre doing it wrong fam

I really need to test this out tommorow.

Parrying is one of the last things I want happen to me in PVP.

Ain't that a bit too much?

Is there no soft cap anymore?

The soft cap for int is 60.

Is the soft cap for everything 60?
or just INT?

soft cap is 40, hard cap is 60

Just int and faith when using sorceries and miracles. They're both 40 for pyromancies though.

Well fuck I never knew that.

So wait, if the soft cap is mostly 40 does that mean the ideal PVP soul level is not 120?

Like in darksouls 1?

The ideal pvp level is 30-40 in the forest because you have enough points to do whatever you want but quality builds don't have enough damage to 1 shot you with a parry.

No, people are still sticking to 120 and doing quality STR/DEX builds that shit out amazing damage with a ton of points into health and stamina because nobody cares that sorcerers will still be like effective SL80 at 120.

from my experience its 120-130. you can run a lean build with 60-40 int faith. not saying it's mlg, but it's fun

That sounds fantastic.

I think I will try and make a SL40 character when I finish this wizard build.

Is there a more perfect weapon in this game than the longsword? I try using other weapons, but they just don't compare.

Just make sure not to upgrade weapons past +4/+2.

Try gundyrs.

Whats so bad if I upgrade my weapon past +4?
Will I come across twink characters or something?

Your weapon upgrades factor into matchmaking.

FUCK
YES

Holy shit no other boss beat my ass into the ground this hard, must have been solid 20-25 tries.

How the fuck do you only have a +2 Estus at that point of the game?

Did you talk to Anri in the Shrine after beating the Deacons?

Probably because he hasn't even killed vordt yet.

Thinking about it it can't be that early but you can still fight the dancer whenever.

What the fuck?

Warriors of Sunlight covenant is after Vordt.
And I don't recall any bone shards in the high wall.

easy way to beat parry spammers.

run at them like you're going to attack, then do nothing.
They'll parry the thin air, then just smack their face while they stand there holding their dick.

On the plus side, cooping with this is very fun, Farronfaggots ganking me and the host with giant crabs and one another don't expect 150-200 damage per swing with an elemental resin.

Better yet, walk behind them and backstab.

FUCK, forgot pic.

Haven't fought a single lord of cinder yet, I just saw someone with the armor, thought it looked cool and looked up how to get it.

I'm only 45, that axe is the only thing that was doing decent damage to her and all my shields sucked.

roll is too fast for that.

Those dubs but ;)

ideally, no.
you'd basically want to max stamina and have enough vit to have sub-30% equipment load to be best for PvP as everything else is numbers.

i wanted to do a pure int magic swordsman and just fuck fatties shit up but no, all the weapons have to be fucking split damage.

the carthus curved sword is amazing overall.

im thinking of a 40/40/40/12 quality/pyro with lopsided stats for my simple rapier.

basically mini-sully.

So is it considered cheesy to finish people off in pvp with the thorns armor?

meant for

But I'm the one using the armor and I'm only using it for safe damage when someone has only a tiny sliver left.

Could wear some decent clothing, 7/10 because of the nice face.

Mah nigga.

Sure I wouldn't mind doing even more damage, but I'm already oneshotting other builds that don't have serious vigor-investment and two-shotting the rest. Somekind of shockwave-spell would be nice though for the sake of variation.

Spells completely change the flow of battle people have gotten used to, that's why I think it's easy to surprise people not familiar with sorcerers.

For example, we all know somewhat how many times we can roll and hit with our full stamina bars. What happens with sorcerers on the field though is that you can't hit after your rolls because you will get a face-full of soulspear. So now the enemy has to keep rolling to burn through their stamina and if there's any other hostile creature near at that moment, they will get hurt after the stamina has run out.

So at that point the only viable option is to try to get the sorcerer, which in turn happens to know that too and keeps his distance. So far I have maybe the best win/loss-ratio of invades after Pointiff with sorcerer since the days I used bleed twinblades in Farron.

Now I'm just waiting for some cancer e-celeb to make a video with sorcerer and ruin the fun like with any other builds.

I just keep my distance against sorcerers, it's more of patience battle, if I am far enough I can roll and recover my stamina with no problem.
Then they just give up and come to me melee, where they get rekt.

i was having trouble with her until I just backed off a bit. keep backing until she does her megacombo, but note how long the whole thing takes. (like 5-7 seconds or whatever) then you can just run up and slap her ass a few times with no problem.

my entire use of magic is an upset or more damage on my main weapon.

this is what im thinking of maxing out as, cause fuck the meta.

Speaking of twin swords, how the fuck do I counter those with my scimitar? They either spin2win with their weapon art (which, AFAIK, is unparryable), do a running attack which is very fast, or if I try to be aggressive, counter with strikes that are even faster than mine. Do I just need to git gud? I don't understand how to fight a good twin sword user.

b-but user, 120SL is the! standard

Haven't played with scimitars much so I can't say for sure, but twinblade's biggest weakness is their range, so outpoking them with weapons like spears works wonders.

Other thing is that they drain stamina like crazy once they start doing spins and other shit. With big and slow weapon I would try to get them with the hyper armor before they land their hit, with light build I would keep dodging and land one hit once they've spinned since they are out of stamina.

Patience.
Eventually he will start doing mistakes, look for patterns, look when you can attack him, I've had countless duels where i as left with 5% or just 1 hp (because of tears of denial), where I just stood back and waited for openings and then won.

Patience and reading the enemy are the 2 most important things in duels imo.

Well it's always mindgames in PvP and with sorcery it's double of that.

If they decide to put them in the worst position they could be, they are idiots. That doesn't mean that you didn't well though since at least you weren't the one trying to rush the opponent without any second thoughts.

Yeah, that's the problem, scimitars have similarly shit range. I think I need to have a long weapon as a backup. Any decent low-strength requirement dex spears (build here )? Also, the guy I was fighting was very careful with his spins, he spun maybe once or twice and then instantly rolled away unless he got me in a stunlock.

This is actually the first Souls game where I started doing PvP more than just as a necessity against invaders, so I am still learning the ropes.

Since you're actually trying to improve and not bitching on reddit about how imbalanced build X is, I'd say you will get good pretty quickly.

Due to the fact that I pvp with a low SL character, I face very few large weapon users. I expect I will get destroyed way more once I move up in SL, the few times I faced such builds I found that patience is, indeed, the key. Trading hits definitely is not to my benefit in that case.

Fucking. What. I'm using a guide for every single sidequest from now on. This is the worst quest design I've ever seen. Seriously, what the fuck FROM.

For your reference, I talk to Onion bro and then kill Old Demon King instead of Sulyvahn.

r8 this build anons

17 STR
24 DEX
30 INT/faith
20 Vig/End
18 ATT

i will use the dragon and oni slayer
with the crystal chime and the holy sword

the theme will be an angelic/holy femboi blue phantom

Old Demon King was already dead on this playthrough. Pontiff was the only available boss at that point.

I'm seriously considering rolling up a spellcaster character. What are some good INT weapons for me to use until I grab the Moonlight GS? Or should I just use NPC phantom cheese to get it early?

Also, which class is best for a spellcaster? I'm leaning Pyro but I've been wrong before.

how more degenerate this game could be

If you have already beaten all the bosses once, I would go for the cheese. There's really nothing that entertaining on the low-level sorcerer game, so I'd rush for the build I want.

I have used rapier as the melee weapon to sap FP back from backstabs, but that's pretty much one of the only weapons I can use since I haven't put any points on STR or DEX.

its the standard for after pontiff, i want to set up fight clubs in the smoldering lake cause it would basically be a heavy metal cover.

raw broadsword.

Except for the dark lord quest line, every other side quest is undeniably trash

that actually seems pretty awesome to me

If only you had known about bleed weapons.

Who looked at this absurd amount of tracking and thought it was fine? There's a lot of bullshit with tracking but this was probably the most offensive one I've personally seen.

Brazilians are fucking subhuman.

Every encounter with a BR huemonkey subhuman is always pure cancer.

20 minutes to kill a ganking spin to win dark moon buffing twin wardens blade using second chance using seed of a tree of giants using shitter invaders to restore his chugs subhuman BR fag.

I killed him, point down and then invited to my trash talking group.
named "ur shit".

You can turn the ballistae off.

AND I'LL DO IT AGAIN YOU SWINEY FUCK

They should just rip off Dragon's Dogma magic. Say what you want, but that game had awesome magic.

Magic is fine if you use pyromancies.
Honestly, pyromancers are kick ass in this game.
I just don't like how you can't really use dark miracles or sorceries unless you go full caster. It's kind of gay.

Could you imagine the butthurt over being able to cast a tornado that sucks enemies into it and pretty much one hits them ?

Honestly, anyone who didn't like that game just has shit tastes. I'm upset that I've only put 70 hours into it, I still need to finish the fucking game.

Where do you guys PvP postgame? My sword&board strength build is sitting at around SL 92, obviously I can't be invaded now, it seems not even by the Aldrich guys, and the only place I can reliably get invasions is in Archdragon Peak, but they walk through the Nameless King fog door and I'm gone.
Is there somewhere everyone puts down red summon signs?

Considering the cast times, the only people to complain about it would be lowest of the low. Or maybe just literal retards.

Fight clubs in the circular arena after Pontiff. Place your sign there.

Pontiff bonfire, in the courtyard.

But you could gank, and have the phantoms distract the invader while the host just charges up his tornado.

Then BAM.

U ded.

You have to hope for NG+ players at that point.

The bandit axe intentionally uses less stamina than the alternative. The range and damage is slightly lower as well. It was like this in dark souls 2, if I'm remembering right.

DS3 is not hard, it's lazy. Enemies hiding behind walls everywhere and s00pah fast attacks is just laziness and bad game design. Fuck this game and fuck From

To be fair, the "ambushes" felt really uninspired, especially since quite a few of them are totally unpredictable (the first time through), no matter how cautious you are, due to the fact that they can't even be seen before triggering them. Contrast that with Bloodborne where the cautious player was rewarded by being able to see any potential ambushes by pausing in the doorway and scoping out the visible area. In DaS3 on several occasions enemies just materialize behind you or fall from locations that can't be scoped out before triggering the ambush.

Wouldn't really solve sorceries though since the only really good magic in the game was magic combined with melee or magic combined with archery.

Straight up magic vocations were boring as fuck and usually just meant standing at a distance and taking ages waiting for a spell to cast. Not very fun or involving gameplay if it was put in Dark Souls where pawns don't really exist outside of summons but at that point they'd likely kill whatever it was before you finished casting.

I wouldn't mind it so much if it wasn't for the way enemies with fast attacks always get encountered in groups resulting in some of the most boring kiting gameplay in game history. Enemies with fast attacks on their own could have been fun but then they had to go and overdo it by placing them in groups of 5 other flailing retards without even attempting to simulate anything like stamina for their attacks. Also fuck every single grabbing attack in the game especially the dancers one that can grab you through her fucking ass.

Those could work in Souls as well. I especially like Mystic Knight, with the focus on sigils and shield/weapon enchantments.

Fought this asshole in NG++ and I'm still wondering if there's any semblance of a reliable strategy against him? I kinda figured phase 1 is basically point blank infinite strafing until he takes a swing at you or does that ridiculous U-turn stab but phase 2 is total bullshit mostly because the attacks that look like will leave him open, the jackass immediately super-cancels that shit into the Dark Souls classic "I'll stay in the air until you press a button then ram this sword down your throat".

Maybe I need to spend more time with the game but the bosses in this game piss off so much even if they don't give me as much trouble as bosses like Artorias, Raime or Ludwig. I think it's the chinese girl cartoon bullshit they all have where they dart around the screen like mongooses on crack.

What's the best sorcery catalyst?

Depends, buffed or not buffed?
Buffed: Crystal sage
Not buffed: Court sorcerer

Anyone wanna join me for NG++ Boreal Valley? I'm not really feeling it today so I keep dying in the area to those fucking fire witches and even the knights spamming moves everywhere are getting to me. Password's bigguy4u if anyone's up for it, I'm on the first bonfire right after the bridge.

PC?

Looking at no-damage runs, people bait his long-range attacks and swipes and parry. As for the second phase, they stack as much damage as possible while he's summoning the Stand, and then baiting the attacks with long recovery (the Stand telegraphs everything the boss will do).

I have yet to solo him myself, I am ashamed of it.

I see shit like vid related, get all motivated and be "I'm pumped! Let's do this!", pass that fog gate and get bitch slapped with a fire sword.
I soloed him in every cycle so far. NG took me about 30 attempts, NG+ was a very ugly scum-healing brawl first attempt victory and NG++ took me about 5 attempts but I managed to retain some guidelines. In NG, I was lucky to beat the clone before it was active (Lv40 DEX build with +7 Sellsword Twinblades) but now I've been resorting to tossing kukris because they somehow manage to under each other's skirts.
Been trying to help people with him as a way to git gud and almost shat bricks when I saw that he uses the clone to attack two players at a time.
My build is shieldless but I think it might not mean much against bosses with long strings since guards can be broken so easily.

I pumped stats from Lv60 to 70 and used a shield to beat Nameless King and called Yuria to beat Soul of Cinder. The game broke me.

gg fam

Yeah, an user already helped me though. Thanks , that got me back in the groove.

If you don't clap taunt after every dodge you are playing this game wrong

I only do it when I'm being ganked whilst slowly leading them to the hordes. Works every time

Someone found a use for that weapon
Bless you user

Magic isn't fucked as long as you dump points into whatever stat you're using for magic

Hybrid builds are probably fucked, at least for INT

If you're wanting a good INT pure build, go for MLGS, not Crystal Sage Rapier

youtube.com/watch?v=DogoYQ2K7LQ

wut rings u got bitc/10

r8 my early game fashion

Also with or without the hat?

Without, definitely.

Invaded someone named "Archbishop" who walked us around, then had us commit ritualistic suicide.

I thought it went surprisingly well with the firekeeper robe, gave off a sort of "Lady Zorro" vibe to me. Maybe that's just the rapier paired with the cape though. Noted, I also think it's better without.

That's hysterical, what SL is he at?

Glorious.

SL 120

Is the blessed infusion as shit as it sounds? What's are the decent ones for pvp?

Raw, refined, sharp or strong with buffs.

If I murder Yuria for her ashes do I get sin?
I'm not doing the lord of hollows ending.

Does the game even have sin? There aren't any blue orbs or anything.

I'm not sure what effect it has. The statue forgives sin.

.>>9444012
I killed most of the npc's and never got any sin. Pretty sure you only get sin for killing the ones that respawn.

"Sin" just means you've attacked an npc enough to make them hostile but haven't killed them. Being absolved of sin makes them friendly again.

Damn, what are you wearing? I need a nice outfit for my duelist.

what a lucky drop
heh

That's the Firekeeper armor.

nice
your face is 100% copy from a reaction image some anons use

the progresses thus far

any tips or advises anons ?

Firekeeper robe with the sorcerer trousers and gloves. I like the gloves because they give the sleeveless look but I might change the trousers at some stage.

Post sliders.
My character looks like she has downs.

Yeah who would purposely go and make a retarded looking character?

First picture looks like Moonman.

R8

Funny that you mention that.

It's shit.

Killed the bitch, seemingly no negative effect
Interesting death dialogue though

Yuria?

Damn you kited her far.

She kept kicking my ass because I'm still not that great at timing my spell charge ups so I discovered that she is actually incapable of moving outside the shrine, she just keeps running at you into an invisible wall.
I decided I would cure the sigil after seeing the horror that my sorcererfu looks like hollow, but I also wanted to have Yuria's vendor shit and she will disappear after a reload. Solution, kill her for the ashes.

What are you some kind of casual?

y-you could have just used the Velka statue to remove the hollow appearance without losing her you madman

This.
Going past 20-25 Vigor is retarded unless you're above SL 200.

That doesn't cure the Dark Sigils though.

I like to go to 27, just for that nice even 1000 base HP.

Neither does killing her…

Nevermind, you wanted her ashes.

Well done.

I pumped it into the mid-upper 30s on my strength build because there was nothing else to put it in for SL 120.

To all of you saying these are hard to get.

They're either very easy if your covenants work or absurdly hard if they don't and you have to farm them off mobs.

They wouldn't be hard to get if the covenant fucking worked, same with the swordgrass shit

dorkmoons and aldrich faithful are near constant summons for me in anor londo, none of the other covenants do anything save for the color change ones.

The covenants work fine, the problem is that not enough people use the blue sheep or whatever the hell it is that summons Sentinels and Darkmoons.

I don't get what I'm doing wrong then, because every other faggot I invade as purple has a bluefag stuck to his ass 24/7, but if I try to bluefag I get jack and shit even on the same areas I invaded

Same experiences here.

I would run into situations where a guy I was going through the game with would get pulled constantly as a blue to the point where it would sometimes interfere with coop and I'd never get so much as an itch for summons in the same areas and at the same level.

did you upgrade your weapons past +4?

I found that I was having an issue summoning anything in the mid game, but I switched weapons and it started working. The issue was I was using a weapon upgraded with twinkling titanite which gives it a max upgrade of +5, so I was rolling around with a +2 weapon which put everyone who had +6 weapons at that point in the game out of my summon range.

killed him my second try in NG+, was extremely let down because in NG I fought him like 15 times

Did some faggot youtuber just release a video on halberds or something?

I swear to god its the only thing I've played against today. Its not even good, I don't think I lost to a single faggot using it. Its just so boring.

halberd is not a pvp weapon whatsoever.

I'm talking about the black knight glaive apparently.

These motherfuckers
Who was the genius who decided these guys should be more difficult than a boss?

You can just run past and open the door you know

I usually just bait it into falling down the elevator shaft.

These fags are all easy, besides the one in the archives with the tiny room full of shit cluttering. Just use fire and dodge to the right and they literally melt

I saw a message recommending that I do just that, I was considering it as a last resort

I just ended up abusing the pillars in the room to charge up my heavy soul arrow

Try rolling nigger I didn't even get hit by these once.

Is there any benefit to using Great Soul Arrow instead of regular Soul Arrow? Is the damage increase not enough to justify the FP? Same for the heavy ones.

I use the small arrow and GHSA on my caster builds for best results. Small for regular pokes, GH for punishing fuckups and chuggers

Right, I get it. Also, if I were to choose one of the sword spells, would I be better sticking with Soul Greatsword or is the Farron Flash one any good? I'm assuming I will want to replace them anyway as soon as I can get homing soulmass and the like.

Flash is god tier, catches people off guard everytime and you can actually outrange some weapons in melee if you use it with heretic staff

It depends on your stats and gear really, generally I found heavies better because they could knock a whole cast off most enemies which makes up for the FP increase and you'll only really get one or two less casts total at reasonable attunement levels since GHSA is still only like 14 FP.

I just cleared DS3 for the first time. I was skeptical at the start, but man, what a ride. I fucking loved every bit of it. Untended Graves fucked with my head, the design of each level was pretty much genius… This is one game I won't forget for a long time.

Best get comfy and prepare for NG+.

Careful user, some people might come and claim that you weren't really having fun and actually your favourite thing is dogshit.
As for me, the game wasn't perfect as I had a few complaints but man, what an improvement over Dark Souls II in every possible way, that game was a slog.
Boss design alone was top notch, some fights are more memorable than even the first game and I'd forgotten half the bosses in the second as soon as I finished it.
Like I said it's not perfect, but the fact that I even want to play it again right away and as a build which I already know going in is gimped probably says a lot.
fashion is also amazing

I felt like DaS 3 was more fanservice than anything, and am still pretty disappointed in the replayability. 80 hours in and I have no desire to boot up another character. It's all so linear and boring, and I get the feeling that the DLC truly was cut from the game to sell later on for more dosh, because the game is just so empty as is.

I've actually resorted to going back to DeS and DaS 2 for more runs, since those two have more replayability to me than DaS 3 does currently.

Yeah, I know it wasn't perfect, but I don't need it to be to love the shit out of it. It did so much right.

I loved the whole premise. As a sequel, it completes so many of the ideas that Dark Souls presented in the first one. I found the untended grave to be a simple yet chilling way of presenting the danger of the dark. I'm reflecting on Soul of Cinder most since I just finished it, and I thought that couldn't be a better final note to end the series on. Also Ludleth is best lord, hands down.

Fuck, I know I'm not saying too much of value, but I'm just really happy I played it.

Just like every other Souls game. From are inept at making quality end bosses.

You must have fucking hated DaS and DaS2 then.

Gehrman would like a word.

DaS and DaS 2 are nowhere near as linear and lacking in content as DaS 3 is.

Hell, even DeS isn't as restricting as DaS 3.

i can confirm this to be true in WoW, when i still played i was on stormrage which became p[aired to the Brazilian server's illidan and kael'thas.

they never knew how to play their characters much less the fucking game and even when you told them what to do and they know fucking English to understand you they were always the most egotistical pricks like their shit didn't fucking stink.

right before i stopped playing after seeing how shit the last raid tier of WoDwhat an appropriate name was along with the shit world content and broken PVP balance the server was effectively becoming Holla Forums once some faggot started spamming the ever loving Christ out of everyone to join their safe space guild.

Is the Farron Great sword any good? The moveset looks fun. as. fuck.

Moon Presence is shit though.

Thank you, I've been wondering how to deal with a few aspects of a game I've been spitballing in my head.

Doing my part for charity.

Don't forget to credit user fcf1f4

He's a hybrid of most major builds in the game already, it would have been nice if he used some of your moves on NG+ and maybe a similar appearance, but that would have took absolutely ages to program.

Dragon's Dogma did it

Good for you faggot, that's why he said if.

It's a confirmed bug. I've tested on 13 separate characters across two different steam accounts. No SL/upgrade combo got me summoned even once in over 150 hours of play time.

Lacking in content is true, but linear?
DaS is a fucking hallway, and DaS2 is pretty railroaded. DaS3 might be the worst, that's up for debate, but it being more linear is not.

DaS is only a hallway up through Anor Londo when it splits into four separate routes, and only really if you don't skip Depths with the master key and don't do Catacombs because it's a pain in the ass to get back out after Pinwheel and there isn't much of use down there anyway. 2 inverts the hallway problem of 1 by giving you your four routes right at the start and then a long hallway after them but all the early stuff has that same problem of an early catacombs run where there's nothing of value in all of it so the order doesn't really matter. 3 has a lot of branching locations but it's only ever a choice between two branches at once and one is always a dead end so it feels more linear.

this isn't true, i was able to put great magic sheild on my simple silver eagle sheild.

been sunbroing on sully with my 129 min/max sorc.
what i do however is strip naked, that longer dodge for dodging in and higher stamina regen at sub 30, and use the almost fixed MLG as McFlipsnshit.

DS1 has 8 bosses you can go to the minute you land in Flirelink Shrine and you can visit 10 areas with only defeating the tutorial boss. You will need the master key but the option is there to do a lot of the game in any order you want. DS2 has 4 bosses you can go to from the start with 6 areas, DS3 has 2 bosses you can go to after the tutorial boss and only 1 area.

Point being the DS series got more linar with each sequel.

What does that DaS1 count look like without the master key?

2 bosses 4 areas.

actually no I lie, I forgot you can open New Londo gate by killing Ingward and go into the valley of the drakes. So it's actually the same as what I posted before.

so what do you thing for refined carthus curved sword/crystal chime, and simple silver eagle kite shield.

going back to quality once i beat the game on NG++ since magic is still utter shit.

Black Knight Glaive is one of the most broken pvp weapon at the moment, fac a competent player and you'll eat some shit.
I personally take it as soon as I face a faggot with sellswords/darkmoon blade, I eat them alive

they are idiot proof

git gud faggot

Are you high?

And you are cancer/10

what, it can still interact with the 120fags and have both DP and GMS for over 100 stability with the simple silver eagle kite shield and more then enough stamina Regen to keep my happy ass doing flips and shit.

as i am pure int right now i can confirm that the weapon skill's performance when both the beam and the weapon hit cannot be overstated at the moment.

still not as good as the dark souls 1 mlgs

its special attack was just the best, an aimable wog that was greater at punishing backstab fishers

god, why did the fume have to go from being awesome blocking attacks in DS2 to being used 2hd by every faggot in PvP with DS3.

I've been using it as my main weapon almost my whole playthrough and I love it. The spins don't use fp and you can mix them into normal attack chains. They are also useful for shield enemies as you'll jump past then swing, hitting for full damage. That said, i still carry a bandit knife for when i need something a bit faster

DeS did it better and just allowed you to be the boss instead

what's the best way to annoy the piss out of this kind of cunt? I like chameleoning and hiding until the faggots get bored and black crystal themselves out or the host dies to mobs cause he's a huge shitter, but I'm sure there's better ways

Are you talking invasions?

how else would the other guy be summoning anyone?

If they hadn't cleared the pvp hotspot they could still summon whites I assume

all my hits phased right through him, even spells and items did literally nothing. Is this some bullshit bug or is this faggot cheating?

Wouldn't be surprised if it was a cheater. The other day, I got a guy who was invincible and instantly cursed me when he smacked me once.

Usual lags,happens all the time. Sometimes host just "slide" around without animations, sometimes its phantoms instead. Just black crystal out if someone sliding.

Jesus, the Crystal Sage was difficult as a sorcerer
Shit gets real once the clones spawn, I can't even remember how I dealt with them as a melee character, but I get swamped with soul spear before I can get off enough soul arrows to get rid of them all, and if I turn my back I get hit with the purple laser beam bullshit. Man, that was a challenge.

Run up to them and hit them once?

I think I actually just flat out ignored them and went straight for the real sage to do massive damage, when he disappears so do they.
I also had a lot more HP and a lot more healing estus if I made a mistake.

that waifu game struggle is real

i always try to base my waifu off ivy in any game i play, at least for my first waifu character, then i am free to make others

i have to fix her nose, and i hate the way the in game model differs from the CC, the skin color looks awful in game, it even looks better in the character frame on the menu

Is there any rapier better than the standard rapier? I'm planning on crystal infusing it. For roleplaying purposes, I'm not giving my lady anything bulkier than a rapier, since she's a little caster chick and I feel like it would be absurd. So before I commit to this, is there a better alternative?

Depends, Estoc has better reach and damage, Irithyll Rapier has the frostbite effect but I think is otherwise the same, Ricard's Rapier might have the best damage and scaling overall but I think only the basic rapier gets attack and parry in the offhand, all the others have block.

What about a boss weapon rapier like the Crystal Sage rapier?

now my waifu looks good

also, jesus christ playing as a sorcerer is suffering

i made it through high wall by the skin of my teeth then i got rekt my Vordt.

i died to fucking Vordt, the turorial boss.

Already fucked up and used his soul for the Crystal Hail spell, which I see now was a mistake.

It seems Estoc is the best option but I'd feel like a massive faggot using it. Ricard's might be a good alternative since I'm not using it offhand.

There's always NG+, which you'll almost certainly want to get to (if not NG++) for SL 120 PvP because of rings.

Breddy gud user
Tell me about it, but I'm pushing through. I had to summon for a few bosses I didn't have to in my last run, to my shame. But otherwise I am doing ok.

I got shit on him once or twice on my sorcerer too, the trick is to cast your soul arrows directly into his taint. Trying to get distance results in him jumping right on top of you but taint arrows are completely safe.

Occasionally run into this as well. As far as I know it's just another problem that comes with having a bad connection to the host.