DC/WB excepted the general audience would’ve love the flash & cyborg

How the hell did Aquaman went from being the butt of jokes to Breakout character from justice league?

Other urls found in this thread:

downloads.dragonsprophecy.net/Rifts - Palladium - Ninjas & Superspies (Revised).pdf
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

You hire an actor with genuine likability and give him a lovable lumberjack look.

It doesn’t help that Aquaman was fun. cyborg was emo as fuck. flash was very gay

If you have to actually ask why, you're probably brain damaged.

What’s the odds the Aquaman movie will do better than justice league?

Judging from Suicide squad and Wonder Woman. Good actually.

LEGO Aquaman would beat it at this rate

I only know Aquaman from "talks to fish" jokes and defensive portrayals that go out of their way to sell him as some kind of badass.

Considering he was the only bad ass character in the superhero movie. It probably worked

In short.. Flash and Cyborg are a faggot and a nigger. They managed to cast someone worse and less likable than the TV show Flash, who already has a strong following. And Cyborg is largely remembered by the target audience from the Teen Titans LET'S HIT THOSE SHOWERS version, which has since been bastardized by TTGO, and the version they ended up with is a mopey, angsty asshat who looks and feels out of place in a movie that's already at odds with itself due to reshoots and director changes part-way through production.

well he did get repeatedly one-shotted like a little girl. incidentally if nothing else it's nice to see them just let Superman do his thing being Superman and not get his ass kicked or go mad with power or get cucked by Batman or whatever. it's weird how rarely that happens.

Cyborg was actually pretty popular, judging from my normie friends. Aquachad had the least importance to the plot, yet was totally badass in attitude. Superman finally acted like fucking Superman and got to kick ass in style for the first time. Wonder Woman was kind of OK.

Meanwhile, Flash is a milquetoast pussy played by a hipster faggot and Affleck's Fatman is just plain boring except for one scene.

What a sad life you lead, friend.

because every other character was terrible

Aquaman going make a billion dollars like Wonder Woman isn’t it?

It just has to be "kinda good," but yeah, likely.

Because a majority of people enjoy Teen Titans Cyborg and DCAU Flash both of which are likable and great characters

Because most people only think of Aquaman from Super Friends, and the truth is that Aquaman is pretty badass depending on who the writer was. I think the real jokes started with Family Guy making Aquaman seem like he was incapable to stopping anything that wasn't in the water, and Robot Chicken kept this joke going. But Aquaman would still be super powered even on land, and most people don't look at it like that. This may have been many normalfags first introduction to Aquaman as an actual super powered being.

Did Wonder Woman make a billion dollars?

Even if you don't power him up to Namor levels, by necessity he'd have to be fuck-off strong and tough to swim to the bottom of the ocean and back. The pressure, the temperature, not to mention being raised as a feral kid by dolphins and spending years fighting cosmic assholes alongside the JLA and fighting off threats to Atlantis and challenges to his throne, I mean how many times has he been deposed and reconquered Atlantis? Basically every time he steps out the door?
He's Conan with fish talking. Take away the fish talking, he's still going to kick your ass.

Really good.

He was very likeable and it was easy to root for him. Flash was awful. They should have just tapped the WB Flash to reprise his role in JL. Cyborg was working pretty well, but his emo-shtick lasted too long. Wonder woman is an odd case. She doesn't require a lot of acting, but that may be because the other actors are carrying for her. However, it was nice to see them change by the end of the movie. Wonder woman was more extroverted and Flash was the same. I really wish that Flash wasn't such a huge faggot though nor that they made him Jewish. He doesn't need any of that shit. Batman was ok. Bale was the last good one, but Afleck does work as a Batman well past his prime. Trying to change his casting now, would be really retarded. Superman was presented much better in the movie outside of his intro where he tried to kill everyone and the incredibly wooden dialogue he had with Louis in Smallville. Aquaman was easily the best new character there.

If I could redo it, I would just tie the WB Flash into JL so that his backstory isn't required and then spend more time on Aquaman and Atlantis.

This is very true. DCAU Flash is awesome. Cyborg has a big following from his original Teen Titans run and he's more popular with kids thanks to TTGO.

I've always liked Aquaman, so it's refreshing that normalfags are actually taking a liking to him for once.

Fuck off normalfag.

step up your game you normalfaggot

wow sharks are dumb.

You mean the CW one?

He'll kick your ass, then he'll tell the fish how he kicked your ass.

It might be true, just hasn't been brought up yet

Is it true that Wonder Woman is banned in Saudi Arabia?

I'm amazed no one is stating he has popularity due to the Actor.
The sheer amount of Jason Momoa fauning leads me to believe they just want puddleman to take care of their undies.

I mean, don't get me wrong, fair.
Plus as another user said, Nice guy playing jolly dude.

As a side note, from what I've seen of the character in the new comics, he's not too bad in terms of interesting levels either.

Wouldn't surprise me in the least.

Shut up casualhomosexual

It is easy to forget, but Mamoa also had a lot of fan girls left over from GOT.

And here I am loving the dude because of him in Stargate.

So Aquaman is just under 10 feet tall? Works for me.

Hey Reddit

Nice milkers.

Flash was a huge reason why the movie had tonal whiplash.

As for Cyborg, I had to loudly bring up the fact that his character was the blandest and most boring part of that movie before other people, including people not among the people I watched with, started talking about it. I think they were afraid of being called racist.

Aquaman literally has beaten him in a fight.

Yes. I meant CW Flash. The show managed to bring in a lot of people that would never have watched the old jla cartoons or read the comics. It would have been such a no-brainer to bring in Grant Gustin as the Flash again. He already has a ton of followers and he isn't fucking annoying nor is he a gay attention whore.

He knows how to act and he has both SG:A fans and GoT fans following him. He was a no-brainer as to why he's so popular. He looked like he was having fun too. I just wish that Flash had gotten the same treatment.

Cyborg was ok, but his fans are really only going to know him from TT and TTGO. He was a bit too emo for my liking. I understand the angle they're writing him from, but I think he should have been a bit more extroverted before the end of the movie in a way similar to his other appearances that most would know him from.

Gal Gaddot can't act, but the requirement for WW is so low that it really doesn't matter. She was fine in that regard. Batman looked old and fat, which makes sense in-universe given how out of his prime he is. I'm almost fully expecting a Terry to show up soon given how out of it, he's looking. Superman was good past his initial resurrection. His fight with Flash was played very well and got a reaction out of the crowds that I was with. He worked well with Batman, but it felt a bit jarring considering how BvS ended. I don't remember Supes still being that pissed at him after the retardation that was "Martha".

Flash is probably most remembered for his jla run outside of the cw Flash, where he was played for laughs. Of course, jla Flash was Wally and CW was Barry. JL movie flash was nothing like Barry though and it seemed like he was trying to channel some Wally, but being terrible at it. In the end, I feel that pulling CW Flash would have been the better choice. He's straight-edged and doesn't cause any controversy like movie flash. He also has more experience with the character, so he would have an easier time portraying Barry.

That fight was decided by fan votes, which in this case actually makes it somewhat more impressive in a way

Was it rape?

Hey Holla Forums

Not gonna happen, I think they're gonna dig out Jason Todd again.

I disagree. Didn't you see the WW movie? Her accent is sexy.

Na, she can't act for shit, any action in that movie was done on CGI, even the basic one not just superstuff; she had one face on all time and didn't reveal any emotion whatsoever you think she can because your peepee is tingting

The "Aquaman is lame" jokes were always "normie tier" lolsorandumb-zimbabwe jokes. If you fall for them then you aren't better!

Read some Holla Forums literature nigga!

I fucking blame Superfriends for that "Aquaman is a shit hero" jokes. Seriously..dude is the king of the sea. You know how large is kingdom is? 70% of the Earth. Dude is as strong as Superman (after all, living in the bottom of the ocean with all that pressure on the body and stuff) or possibly even stronger. Had led the JLA before (Detroit-era JLA but still counts)…and he's a damn joke?

The only reason WW was decent was because she had an amazing supporting actor to cover up for her. IIRC, the director of that movie fucking hates her, but has to use Gal since she's a Snyder pick

no, he literally beat him in a popularity contest. Those fights were all based on 1-800 number votes and because of JLA Aquaman was and still is the much more popular Atlantean, but Namor outclasses him a lot in terms of power level, shit Namor is close to Black Bolt tier power levels.

If the personification of girl power wasn't enough, then the depiction of pagan gods and deities surely does. Most Muslim contries censor or alter that, for example, Injustice Gods Among Us was retitled "Injustice: The Almighty Among Us". Can't see them working around WW

Its ironic because while I found him likable enough, you could make the argument he is the most redundant member of the cast, since he isn't as strong as Superman and Wonder Woman, never makes use of his aquatic powers except to save the JL in Gotham City and doesn't do anything special power-wise. The Flash and Cyborg were annoying, but at least their powerset was useful.

It hurt at first… But nobody needs to know about it

I live in a Muslim country…and WW was screened unaltered.

What audience were they thinking of when they figured out the Jewish, gay twink playing some ADD tard was going to be the most popular character?

The acting is your problem? How about they casted a hooknosed plank as what is supposed to be female perfection?

Still, Aquaman can beat Namor. Considering that Aquaman fights and wins against Cthulhu on an annual basis and punched Charon and RUNS HIM OVER with his own boat, beats up Cerberus, marches straight to Hades so he can grab Poseidon out of Hades.

As I said, most but not all. Saudi Arabia is the most conservative of them all, so it wouldn't be a surprised if they banned it.

Not really. Shitholes like Afghanistan are even more savage, but then again Afghanistan is not even a proper country. I'm more inclined to believe that the government makes a halfhearted show of censoring the evil Jewish propaganda but then just ignores anyone they catch watching the uncensored version. The Saudis really don't give a shit so long as they get to defecate on the faces of Instagram models and the clerics are happy.

Bu-but where's the crime underwater? lol

jesus snyder

Sounds about right

The man can't help himself. It's like putting a mouse in front of a snake.

That looks like a fun read, source?

I don't know about the first image but I know for a damn good fact that the second image was from Peter David's Aquaman, issue 3.

Sauce on that?

Wait hold on, I'm a retard, it was issue 4.

just check out "Patty Jenkins heart sank on hearing Gal Gadot casting"
tdlr, she was pissed off about it since she had no input and got overruled by Snyder

Which one The UAE?

First image is from Aquaman Time and Tide miniseries issue 1.
Time and Tide was some kind of origin reboot for Aquaman written by davis after his Atlantis Chronicles.

Aquaman's a character people don't like until they actually see them.
Typical under-informed opinion on Aquaman: "Aquaman is lame*"

*Except for PAD's run Morrison's JLA DCAU Brave and the Bold Geoff Johns' run Flashpoint Injustice DCCU

Where you pick whichever incarnation of the character is the only incarnation that the commentator is familiar with.

Malaysia.

You'd be surprised at what audiences end liking versus what the studio wants them to, or hell kids.

He made me quite happy that day.

So you're a chink that larps as an arab.

Nope..not even a slanty-eyed Jew. We're the ones who think we're the big shots because muh Malay Supremacy but we can't even get along with folks in our own damn race that the dirty pajeets and the commie/liberal chinks that the Brits brought over years ago wanted a bigger piece..

I remember reading some muslim comic on deviantart portraying the malaysians as the laughing stock of the muslim world.

Meh..at least Malaysia isn't run by assholes who funded terrorists…so there's that. A link would be nice.

True enough. I'll find the link later I'm just tired right now after putting away Thanksgiving food. Sorry about that dude.

Take your time man. If it's written by an Indonesian…just don't. That's just Indonesian being salty that Malaysia's still leagues better than that rathole of a country.

Is the DC Rebirth run any good? Really liking the cover art.

Lol, I think my favourite part of Palladium's Ninjas and Superspies is the short chapter on how everybody in Asia hates each other.
downloads.dragonsprophecy.net/Rifts - Palladium - Ninjas & Superspies (Revised).pdf

(page 161)

This
Ronon was the best

Kinda true. I mean, Malays would be friendly in public…but oh how they can shit talk folks behind their backs. The Chinese only look after their own…and there's a reason why I consider Indians as Asian version of Niggers. Indonesians? Salty at Malaysians because of either the failed Confrontation waaay back when and the Indochinese crowds? Look, Thais are assholes and we're all laughing at the only uncolonized Asian country now being in constant crisis..

Malayanon, why do thais teach their kids and wives to become literal whores? What's wrong with them?

Thais has always been literal whores. It's the only reason they haven't been colonized.

It's more of the same "Aquaman can't figure out if he's Atlantean or Human and tries to forge a bond between the water and surface, also coups out the ass!"

what is this heresy?

I was so appalling to see that skeleton in leather pants and the many shoots in the movie pointing to that dry pelvis wrapped in brown leather

underrated post

Dropped.
Ended up reading Aquaman and the Others from nu52, pretty enjoyable read despite the few details I couldn't grasp.

Kill yourself, semite lover.

How much better would a Shazam! movie do than justice league?

The director literally lost some of the better Cyborg scenes during production.

Jason Momoa is great. He's the only thing that made that awful piece of shit Stargate Atlantis somewhat watchable otherwise it would have just been McKay being a dork and Generic HeroBro threatening to squirt him with a lemon.

He is also good on Netflix's Frontier.

We like him.

He's…..sunny.

Remove yourself, kiddo.

Hey the Scottish guy was pretty good too. and the Polish(Russian, Estonian, I don't fuckin know) one

If DC actually remembered or stop screwing around with Captain Marvel..maybe? Also, fuck Marvel. You guys haven't been using that name in years. The big red cheese will always be called Captain Marvel in my opinion.

the only interesting parts are Black Manta showing up and doing crazy Black Manta stuff for a few issues

It could be his OUTRAGEOUS attitude

I dropped out after they brake into the main building from the sewer and discover they have cake and party….is going to shit or it's good?

Last comic was a year ago, I think they quit it. But it was fun up until then

The I need to catch up soon cheers user

/thread

I don't believe they've ever said why, but they're done as a duo.

I never understood why they didn't just reuse that guy, I mean he's already working on one of their projects why do they need a specific CINEMATIC UNIVERSE actor?

DC already has this weird ass worry about audiences being unable to differentiate between multiple versions of the same character at once. The CW isn't allowed to use characters entirely on DC's whim. The fact that we actually got to see Superman in Supergirl was incredibly surprising to me. Flash is the only character that got by this, because they okayed the Flash show before they ever had plans to put Flash in a movie.

WHERE ARE THE FUCKING COLORS

it's because DCEU appeals to non-autistic normal people. You know, masculine guys who don't sit around talking about comic books aimed at children all day. Of course they'll favor the alpha character.

What's the source for pics related? All I could find through google was autistic "articles" about who would win if Namor and Aquaman got in a fight.

A DC vs. Marvel event back in the 90's if I recall correctly.

And no, it wasn't Amalgam, it was something else.

You mean..DC vs Marvel?

It's from Marvel vs. DC #2.

You guys are terrible at research.

Ebin, saved.

Thanks a lot user.

I keep forgetting that he's a thing in comics. Is this what he's been doing instead of finishing Gaunt's Ghosts? IT'S BEEN SIX FUCKING YEARS, DAN. GET THE LEAD OUT YER BOOTS.

I swear at the rate the DCEU is going, they'll be begging for a crossover.