Make a game that was completely born out of heavy metal culture and themes

Where were you when Bethesda appropriated heavy metal culture for money?

It doesn't have either, it basically copies Quake's style.

Are you retarded? How the fuck is the music dude rock? Kill yourself.

so industrial rock, whatever

casual dudebro detected

You mean like 95% of metalheads in the last 15 years?

No, like shitty emo/metalcore bands and shit like Babymetal which was made solely as a novelty cashcow

By this point you might consider Slayer/Megadeth/Metallica "dudebro"
Which is basically what the original Doom was, unless you think in your headcannon they were some absurd shit like Technical/Brutal Death Metal or some Speed Sludge
Also Industrial Metal is literally Heavy Metal with heavy post-production

Those aren't heavy, they are Hard Rock.
Hard Rock is way heavier than back in the day mind you, a little more faggy too why not

You are spilling the beans here, pal, explain your position better, you have described your target in 3 different genres

Check em

Now

Dudebros don't listen to metal they listen to Lynard Skynard and Led Zeppelin. Doom 4 doesn't have thrash metal it has industrial rock or nu metal which aren't metal genres.

It's not industrial METAL it's industrial ROCK like Rammstein.

Yeah, Babymetal and shitty metalcore are appropriating metal (harsh vocals, blast beats, etc)

Doom 1 had a metal soundtrack. It was MIDI but it was based on real metal songs. Doom 4 has generic industrial rock that 90 other games have, and since the Doom franchise is literally rooted in metal, they should have stuck with it.

"BUT normalfagS WONT LIKE IT"

Good, anyone who wants a metal game but not a metal soundtrack is a massive pussy who needs to go back to Sleeping With Sirens

I'd tear on you but to be fair, I was seventeen years old once too

What?

Are you deaf or dont you know shit about music. Dark Ambient/Industrial is way different than that EMB wub wub shit.

lol

So you're saying we should take CSGO and remove all the guns? Because the original source material and style doesn't matter anymore apparently.

CoD, BF, CS, remove all the guns. SImilarly, take all the fighting games and remove the fighting. Take Persona and remove the anime.

Fuck all game franchise histories, we're fanfiction now!

Fuck off, go write some Doom fanfiction with furries and Beyonce soundtracks.

You would get mad as fuck if your interest was taken and raped wouldnt you

you mean like video games? i dont feel mad at all, maybe any anger i would feel is balanced out by the hilarious overreactions you guys pour out like a faucet. what a bunch of dorks

Still a better attempt than Doom 3

What? No. I'm saying that you're acting the exact same way that I used to when I was a retarded teenager who thought my Iron Maiden records somehow made me cooler or "harder" than other people. Grow up and stop projecting. Doom 4 has a lot of things worth hating on, it's really fucking bizarre that you would choose such a weird angle as "heavy metal culture"

So? People like it and buy it. Nothing wrong with that.

Casual detected, doesn't care about video games being destroyed. Go back to CoD fag

truuuuuuu

I hate on the other garbage too but this one is a direct fuck you to the original material

Go back to FNAF fag

It's more like

How about you fuck off back to tumblr.

Why do you care so much? The damage is done, and we've already had threads for grieving. You have changed nothing by creating this thread. Anything beyond that is just wasting space on here.

speedrun minesweeper kiddo and then come talk to me.

if you had been playing games for more than 5 years you wouldnt feel strongly either way when bethesda produces another pile of trash. its so fucking hilarious, doom 4 is announced and nobody gives a shit because they have no expectations for it, but now that its out youre an endless stream of salty tears. its embarassing isnt it?

Your bait is tremendously low-energy.
"Dudebros" and Led Zeppelin?

Vague, random and totally unrelated sperging on any replies?

Shameful. Here's your (You).

He started it with a picture of the cover, I'm guessing someone is paying him to make his clownish complaints

Hello guys, I'd like to talk to you about our LORD and SAVIOR Jesus Christ.

It is very simple to go to heaven.

But will the One and Only Lord of Humanity Jesus Christ forgive me for listening to Slayer?

God will forgive you if you confess your sins and believe that Christ died for your sins.

1. Man is a sinner.

2. The penalty of sin is death.

3. Jesus paid our debt on the cross.

4. You can be saved from hellfire and be with your Holy and eternal God by believing in Jesus.

Your sins are cleansed away by the blood of Jesus, God in the flesh, who sacrificed Himself for our wickedness.

The next step after accepting Christ is to read the Bible, the King James version.

Grow spiritually and closer to God, become "Born Again" and stay away from evil things.

Music in nuDoom is fucking terrible.

Yeah, too bad the rest of the game folllws that trend.

you're all forgetting the first rule of Bethesda games:

IT'S SHIT WITHOUT MODS

Doom 4 will surely be good with some music replacement and gameplay enhancing mods, so don't go declaring "it's shit" just yet guys.

I was going to laugh at the OP, because I never really made the connection between DOOM's music and Heavy Metal - but listening to the video attached… Yeah, I guess I kind of see it. If you used synthesizers instead of actual instruments, it could sound like something you'd hear in DOOM background music.

Heavy metal didn't give a fuck about DOOM, or computers, at the time though. There wasn't really a connection in either community that I remember, until Quake, and even then it was pretty much one sided.

The above is all bullshit. I just wanted an excuse to post an Anthrax video

Bethesda games are still shit with mods

Never said it was good. Just said it was popular and it sold well and there is nothing wrong with that.

How do you think you'll ever be able to fix a multiplayer shooter, let alone have anyone play on the modded servers?

EDM? more like NEDM

sucks to have tastes as shit as yours.

It's industrial metal. The same kind of music Dredd used. I don't know if it's getting more generic these days, but atmospheric music like that is technically more fitting to be used as background score than contemporary music like the old Doom had.

Heavy Metal is gay shit for tryhard nerds.

Doom's metal tracks suck cock. They're all ripoffs, and they're all cringy as fuck. Romero is a fucking asshole when it comes to music. Doom 64/PSX Doom had the best music. I hope that Doom 4: 2 has fucking Speedcore/Gabba just to piss all of you faggots off.

At least doom 3 had ambiance.

not even doom music could make nudoom good.

Isn't there a fucking general for this game? Post that in there instead of making more threads about it.

Metalfags

I think the choice of soundtrack is the least of DOOMed's problems.

Also

This. DOOMed threads are not allowed outside of the general. Why this thread is still up is beyond me.