ITT: Incredibly comfy vidya music, areas, and so on

ITT: Incredibly comfy vidya music, areas, and so on

Damn, why was Gen 2 Pokemon so fucking comfy?

This is my go to comfy song

Anything by David Wise

Not to start le fangame circlejerk, but this music is comfy as fuck

Comfy as fuck!

This is surprisingly comfy, for a fighting game stage.

it doesn't get more nostalgic than this

That's pretty comfy

Gen II had the best music. I'm a sucker for chiptune.

I do in the background while posting in threads

I suppose it's sorta eerie, but I find it calming.

maximum comfy

Not even out yet, but even if the game ends up being shit, the soundtrack will be 10/10

Thank you David Wise, you are a blessing

Have some comfy core

I wish I never lost my copy of gold. Emulating just doesn't feel the same.

And now, a contribution of my own

thats p fukkin comfy fam

RO had one of the best and most comfy OSTs I've ever heard, still have all of it on my playlist. Those were the days…

Goddamn Hotline Miami is comfy lads

Contact's OST is amazing.

Gen 2 is comfiest because it was when Pokemon hit its stride by giving more of the same on the same hardware before we realised that's all Pokemon would ever be, at least until we got bench sitting, fuck yeah.

You stole my post. Cunt. NVM, I have a back-up.

This game is incredibly comfy. It's pretty much a Japanese-only Atelier clone on the DS and the soundtrack's from the person that did Wild Arms's. Even if you don't care about the other characters, just whiling the day away making random things while listening to this music is so peaceful.

I didn't even expect people to remember this game. Nice tastes.

Ima dump some of my favorite comfy tracks from "lesser known" RPGs

Reminded me to post this, though it's an arranged soundtrack.

This track might not be traditionally COMFY, but I fucking love it.Probably my favorite vidya OST.

Those few short reprieves from the slaughter were comfy as fuck.

To try and help alleviate the fucking stress of trying to encounter and catch the god damn dogs.

Fight me.

I got into fantasy life feeling it was a really comfy game but getting through the early tutorials it feels like doing anything outside the story is just a huge chore and while it's cute that you dedicate your character to a "Life" their romanticizing it only makes the gameplay mechanics matching it a chore just to pretend it's unique. -but despite it's questionable gameplay mechanics it really is a charming game. It has great music, a pleasant colorful world to reflect it's game art, witty dialogue and a story I know I'll come to like if I don't distract myself with ultimately not fun things.

Is it weird if I get a little nostalgic listening to this?

Man, LISA was such a great game.

A little eerie, but I find it comfy

Pretty much everything from OoT.

My god user. good shit.

To this day, nothing tops the National park OST for me. To me, it almost sounds like love's theme

what's LISA about anyway? I remember seeing the dev post here but I never really cared much or looked into the game.

It's pretty great, and the soundtrack is top notch. If you like jrpg combat, you'll like it.

For me this one is the best, but the national park one is still really good. The remakes kind of ruined the feeling of the old song to me. Not to mention leaving out a few songs like the night version of the battle theme or other forgotten songs.

Village of Luc. Best town theme from Grandia.

The winter themes in harvest moon games are always comfy to me for some reason.

gen 4 was the most most comfiest

yall niggas know not true relaxation

how the fuck can Gameboy music be so good?

Skill

And awareness of many things

bump

don't bump without contributing, user

Nearly every track from Crystal Chronicles could count.

@ pkmn posters

vid related: followed closely by sootopolis city theme

it dusgusts me when they try to pull off "idds just like the game goy but 16 bits please send shekels!!!"

put on something more instrumental

Nah. Listening to Persona 4 music makes me nostalgic and I only played it recently.

It's odd.

Pokemon is maximum comfy even if I'm not much of a fan.
I STILL DON'T UNDERSTAND

I like Trails of Cold Steel, but man - the comfy atmosphere in Trails FC will always be my favorite. SC was nice, too.

UT has some super comfy tunes here and there ._.

Not to forget this one. 'Home' is the homeliest tune ever.

Is Undertale dead yet? Has it faded into obscurity? Toby's not remaking it, right?

This and the save room in RE1 remake are the best.

I like this one and Phendrana Drifts Depths

This whole game was silly, but the songs were kind of fun

Let me join in with you brother.

UT is the best indie game I've ever played. How can a game this amazing have a community this shitty?

Did it just attract some unfortunate subcommunities and they fused? Tumblerinas and furries. By your powers combined…

But actually, I think he IS remaking it. For Nintendo. For their consoles.

The same thing that happened to Undertale happened with Five Nights at Freddy's. In the early stages of the game's release, the whole community was about making jokes, art, discussing the game, and searching for secrets. Ideally, after everything's been discussed and broken down, the community should die down slowly and the game would be remembered fondly. Instead, the popularity of both games spiked and were infested with toxic fans. There's got to be something in the aesthetic or stories of both games that draws in the furries and the kiddies from all sides. These games must be radiating some kind of autist frequency that's attracting them to these games.

Yeah, Undertale is one of the better indie games I have played. It is unfortunate that its fanbase has completely raped and pillaged the game of any merit it has. It's because everyone focused on the stories and characters rather than the gameplay, which is where it truly shines.

Props to the Nier soundtrack as well, some of those songs were max comfy.

Yes. Sure the story is well written and has a solid string of plot twists, but in gameplay Undertale is unique in so many ways.
Quality over quantity - So many enemy types you only meet most of them once, and each with their own mechanics and character. All new mechanics for every boss, and all of them feeling appropriate.
Anti frustration measures that make the game easier and scripted areas faster the more you fail in an area.
Masterful use of music to set the mood and tons of original memorable tracks. I played it half a year ago and still find myself whistling Bonetrousle from time to time.
It's rare that games are this eager to take the player on a journey and just say 'hey, let me show you something cool, it won't take long.'
But nooo, these days games must have procedurally generated content to artificially expand play time.

Good old-fashioned game design and hard work is what makes it work. Just like Bioshock 1 and Ocarina of Time… they have a timeless quality.

FNAF fandom is significantly more cancerous, IMO. FNAF is pretty much sonic level. UT is only around MLP level.

Soundtrack link: Heartache. I could listen to this on repeat for hours.

Talking about OOT, let's not forget Gerudo Valley.

The soundtrack to this game is fucking godtier.

Every Single Day on Rainwave

Scott made sure that didn't happen by intentionally leaving the story a mystery. The community got new players joining at a faster pace to try to be the one to solve the mystery while the old ones never left because the mystery wasn't solved. In a way it's similar to Flappy Bird's popularity surge with the fast-paced race for a highscore. The PreSequels just lengthened the popularity snowball duration.
Once the popularity snowball reaches critical mass what you have is additional people being attracted to it not because of the game, but because of it's popularity seeking to use that popularity for their own gain. Trying to gain their own fame by creating fangame clones due to the content and mechanics of the game being so simple (another similarity with Flappy Bird), fanart from up and coming artists who want to make OC and highly relatable memes and more skilled artists doing it because of funding though patreon.

Toby went more the feels route. Creating a community that doesn't want to "Let it go, Let it go".

Persona 3 OST is better I think since it has so many good and emotional tracks. Probably my second favorite OST after FF8.

Both P3 and P4's soundtracks are equally amazing.

Only reason I mentioned P4 in particular is because it left a bigger impact on me.

when arent communities shitty? the internet exploded in popularity and now everyone has a voice for better or worse.
im just glad there are games being made that are worth playing. things could be better but they arent as bad as people make it out to be.

peronally, im still a big fan of super meat boy, and this game also captured my heart.

One of the best OSTs of all time

Just fucking listen to this, man

Last one since I don't want to clog the thread up with nothing but Tearaway

That reminds me, Braxton Burks, the maker of Pokemon Reorchestrated, has recently re-started work on his Johto Legends Orchestra. I hope the Park gets a really good section.

On another note, I just realized that the dude making Right Wing Death Squad Entertainment took all of his stuff off of youtube to avoid having the whole channel taken down or something, so I'm asking around everywhere to see if anyone has his music downloaded so I can listen to it some more, the only other videos I can find of it are 'unofficial music videos' that have other clips of political stuff edited in, and I don't want to hear it.