The Evil Within

How is it? I want something similar to Re4 so was considering getting it for like 10 bucks. Should I get it or just replay re4 or dead space?

Embed related

Its what Resident Evil 5 should have been

no one gives a shit about your youtube channel.

It's probably worth a playthrough but isn't it still extremely unoptimized?

i do know him though

Its ok. RE4 is better. The game is too schizophrenic and changes environments too much.

but as far as the gameplay is it good in resource management and shit? That's why I like re games

I's one of the worst games i hvae ever played.
Stay away from it

I played the first 3 chapters (aka the demo) and didn't experience any of that. what?

Then you must have played a different game because even Deadly Premonition had better gameplay.

I liked it. It's gotten much better since updates let you disable the super annoying letterboxing. It's very, very far from perfect and at times it starts to drag its feet but it does some neat stuff.
They really should have gone more surreal with the setting and the stealth is totally tacked on just so they can but a blurb on the box that they have stealth mechanics

Sort of. Sometimes you get showered in ammo with your only restriction being the arbitrary carry limit.
There's also the crossbow but as long as you're exploring, good about traps, and have basic competency with resource management you shouldn't have too many problems with ammo

Aim for the head? The only really spongy enemies I remember are the minibosses and that's kind of the point of them

Would you say it's worth 10 bucks?

It's okay. Nothing special, it's like a worse RE4 so if you might like it. Honestly if you want something more like RE4 play Resident Evil Revelations 1 and 2.

I found revelations 1 to be a total fucking chore. The first episode of 2 was cool but i don't like the coop stuff

Not spooky and it has those fucking stupid bosses that you have to bait into traps, along with some poopoo atmosphere and poorly paced plot.

If you're ok with all that, then yea, give it a shot. I personally think it's better than RE4.

bump.

Probably. You're might get a 1:1 dollar to hour played ratio but I'm not sure. It was last year that I played it
Ideally you should pirate it since there's a few DLC that I've heard nice things about.

I haven't experienced RE5 or 6, but holy shit this was utter garbage. Extremely poorly optimised, clunky controls throughout, unoriginal design, inconsistent tone, plot that doesn't go anywhere outside the DLC, and every fucking boss has a bullshit one-hit kill attack. It might be worth the novelty for a low price, but it makes every single mistake a horror game can in the post RE4 world.

Not worth buying, even for 10 bucks. I'd rather order a pizza.

It's a game that got caught between trying to be Silent Hill and RE4; and ended up awful at being either.

The game was also unoptimized as shit and really buggy. In my only playthrough I managed to equip weapons I didn't have, shoot with empty guns, and became unable to upgrade myself for chapters at a time.
The DLC wasn't particularly good either.

tl;dr shit's schizo and easy/boring, pirate it if you must

First impressions were god awful, though it does get more enjoyable later on minus disarming traps. The main problem with it is that it wants to be like a mix between RE and Silent Hill, and while it becomes fun to play and nails down the SH aspect well in having you figure out whats happening in the story, it quickly becomes action focused which is frustating with how atmospheric and beautiful the environments are.

All jokes aside, if you lower your expectations it's actually not an awful game until it gets really, really action-heavy. The intro scene with the threshers in the walls was fucking awesome, but that scene doesn't last long and the game never recaptures that feeling of bizarre grindhouse horror again.

I can honestly say that I may not have enjoyed my time with it as much as with some other games but I didn't ever uninstall out of disgust… until a part later on, where you're stuck in an open cable car that moves at snail speed, having molotovs thrown at you by every jackass in a mile radius and being shot at by a ton of enemies. I tried to complete it like six times, then realized that this is where the dream dies and moved on to other games.

That spider-bitch was genuinely scary though.

It is indeed similar to resi 4, but first, like RE4, you have to accept the fact that the game is not scary and more of an action game with tougher enemies.

What I like is that like in Resi 4 you're actually rewarded for beating enemies that would be unkillable in a "Cinematic experience" type game, however ultimately all of them are damage spongey unless you go for headshots or use traps which can lead to some serious frustration in the late game.

I would say it's worth $10 but don't pay more than that for it.

Just play shadows of the damned. Its almost as good as re4.

Just play Dead Space 1. It's the closest thing you can get. Or even GTA IV with zombie mod.

no way

It's total shit.

The plot is a schizo mess that never properly explain anything, with the ending being sequel/DLC bait (and the DLC itself doesn't explain much either), the system requirements are fucking ridiculous for a game this ugly (seriously, fucking RE6 looked better than this shit), the combat is total dogshit, the stealth is tacked on, it keeps trying to spook you with shitty jump scares, the upgrade system is basically useless (3/4 of the upgrades are for increasing weapon damage), the sprinting is broken (Sebastian runs out of breath after 3 seconds of running, and you can upgrade it to a maximum of 7 WHOPPING SECONDS), and the final boss is a semi-QTE.

Avoid at all costs, or if you must play it, torrent it instead of shelling out money for it.

Basically this.

make sure you disable the horrible cinematic view and you'll have an alright time. I'd say the worst part are the last few chapters where it sadly forgets it's a horror game and goes full blown action including some weird, over the top turret sequence.

All in all, if you liked RE4 but want a little more horror and had interest in 3.5, you'll probably enjoy this one.

personally though, I still want 3.5