Go fast

So it's a game about memorization?

I hate modern gamers so fucking much

The speed was to show off the hardware. If the game was really about "going fast", it would not be a platformer.

you go fast to get through loops and shit, it doesn't mean you just hold right the whole time.

you filthy casual

1 is pretty slow unless you know the game well, 2, 3 & CD can have the same problem on certain levels, but not to anywhere near as extreme a degree. You can have no idea where you're going in those and still zip around with decent success.

Yeah, most stages have long stretches of section that exist just for you to go fast and feel cool. It's still a platformer so anyone thinking they're suppose to just go fast the entire time is a god damned millennial dumbshit. There's parts that demand you slow down and get a feel for the surrounding to figure out where to go or to find hidden bonuses.

This isn't true, user. The worst sonic levels are the ones that make you stop to do shitty jumps.

The best sonic levels make you go fast and memorise all the shit.

BTW the fastest route is always up.

thats why you have rings and the ability to keep collecting them

yes, it's a racing game

Does anyone have some craps from that thread we had here some time ago about what draws autists and faggots to sonic and furry shit? I remember someone making a good case for it being homologous to some kind of transgender/closeted homo case.

Reaction time + Memorization for some of the Sonic games that are linear. Other require more skill since you need to find the fastest path on your own. See: Sonic Generations.

But that barely happens. There's maybe one instance of a spike being placed in such a way that you'd run into it if you were going fast. Enemies, which you can destroy, and pits, which you can jump over, are what you'll run into by going too fast.

It's because they're too autistic to relate to human characters

Inb4 le epin skills sonicfanboys jump to defend it "just… git gud op. Then the game will git gud too."

At least if they added a radar or a tiny number showing the obstacles off screen.

Really dude? An platformer with an radar?

Yeah the stuff I'm looking for went a little bit more in depth. I really just need it to fend off/trigger furries and ponyfags in threads.

Sonic is not (and never was) about going fast. It's a platformer. Get better.

Metroid had a minimap :^).

It's a game about the physics you asshole.

Some people see it as a rythm' game, if you memorize the track you know when to press the buttons to go at the speed of sound.

I personally see as an obstacle course / racing game, in which you do need a good knowledge about the track to do it properly.

In both cases, memorization is a huge slice of the experience.

It's called playing on a fucking tube TV like it's intended to be played on so you have enough reaction time to play it properly.

These games aren't made to be played on your laggy plasma screens.

Anyone who is retarded enough to go that fast without curling into a ball deserves their fate, rolling was implemented for this exact fucking reason.

Techinically if you think about it Mario is a game about going fast, you get more points for getting to the goal faster, the difference is between the two is that Sonic's counter is like a stop watch and counts up, and Mario's is a counter and counts down

also consider the fact that sonic has about 10 minutes to get to the end of the level and mario has what 300 seconds?

so we consider 60 seconds in a minute with 300 seconds, that gives us what? 5 minutes or so, which means Sonic can afford to be slower than Mario

GITGUD

the problem was that older console didn't have the ability to have the camera zoom out, for it would stress consoles too much.

get gud

Well. Yes. But that's any platformer when you speed run.

Same, i completed them wheb i was 7-10 without a problem. I also 1cc'd Metal Slug 3 at 10, i guess that i can't expect every idiot here tobbe good at vidya when they would rather spend 8+ hours on an imageboard whining about shitty games they aren't even going to buy on the first place.

inb4 b-but muh shaders!

Think of the classic Sonic level in Generations, where the camera went cinematic while you ran spirals up a marble tower. Series fixed.

its a piece of shit, all sonic games suck and were never good
prove me wrong
protip: you can't

Fuck that shit but yes it would help if people had something better. Way too often I see people with shitty slow ass monitors that are built pretty much for staring at Excel.

Can you imagine if people bitched about Metal Slug for requiring memorization of enemy attacks?
Or if people bitched about racing games requiring track memorization?

This stupid "I can't see the spikes" meme is infuriating.

there has never been a good sonic games
the only thing they do well is music, outside of that, it's all shit

Can you imagine a world where you'd have to imagine it?

Changing your ID wont help you.