Touhou Netplay #5

Yeah it's cute girls with ridiculeous amounts of projectiles, we got an Ages of Empires 1 clone to work so we'll probably be playing that for a while. Come join on the fun.

Phantasmagoria of Flower View:
Competitive Danmaku shooting game, basically you dodge bullets on your screen while trowing bombs at the opponent. May be difficult to get working online due to many bugs, but it has a good singleplayer storymode to compensate.
DL:mediafire.com/download/3gia1bwpw2z39wy/PoFV Netplay Pack.zip

Hisoutensoku + Scarlet Weather Rhapsody:
Competitive 'traditional' fighting game, tons of projectiles and tons of strategies for air and ground attacks, also what most people play. For a moveset list please refer to hisouten.koumakan.jp/wiki/Touhou_Hisoutensoku_Wiki
DL:mediafire.com/download/ymrru5e0stydvst/Touhou 12.3 Hisoutensoku v1.10a eng patch v1.1a + 10.5 Hisouten v1.06a eng patch v1.1a + Sokuroll v1.3.rar

Urban Legend in Limbo (jap v1.11, don't update it if you want to play online):
Competitive aereal fighting game, may be hard to find someone to play with but it is guaranteed fun. May (or may not) be better at single player unlike Soku.
DL: mega.nz/#!e5wnCJzK!x0KleZvTbLLChtsOF4kd0nVX7ZbFr8a5LIEyf8Qj6mE

Meddlesome Magician 2:
'Party' game where you either race and beat the crap out of eachother in a groundcourse, fight eachother in a 4-way free for all River City Ransom-style arena or try to destroy your color-coded spirit before your opponents do the same with theirs. Tons of fun and allows for up to 4 players at once, just beware the bots are fucking bullshit strong and that you can't play a game without 4 teams, any missing players will instead be bots. Please refer to en.touhouwiki.net/wiki/Touhou_Daiundousai/Characters for info on how to play each character in Battle Royale as well as some general info on their stats.
DL: mega.nz/#!ldgVQR6K!PM3TblpfKqMoiV7QRK_4emj7gH-TzkknboLDDeILmig

Touhou Hack and Slash:
Basically a 2D diablo-clone with unforgiving enemies, fuckhuge randomly generated dungeons to explore and a really restrictive character selection list (that you can increase by playing on singleplayer and beating certain characters). An instant classic for multiplayer, as it allows up to 8 people at once, however it is a pain in the ass to setup and may not even work depending on how your settings are set. Make sure to set your system locale to Japanese too, as it can't run without that.
DL: mediafire.com/download/jqb59bgu2q7hb2w/Touhou Hack & Slash.7z

Touhou Boushuen - Age of Ethanols (2.18 jap):
A Real Time Strategy game, essentially an easier Ages of Empires 1 but instead of axes and rams, you get shitloads of fairies shooting projectiles and books. It has a really good campaign to learn how to play, it's easy to setup for online play and allows up to 8 players.
DL:wishful.cc/sp/public/touhou_threads/蟒酒宴+ 2.18.7z
for the english version, if you can't read moonrunes or want to play SP: wishful.cc/sp/public/touhou_threads/Boushuen English version 1.01a.7z

How to get PoFV working online:
hastebin.com/raw/uviwiyigex
And read the attached PoFV networking infographic.

How to get Soku working online:
Just run the .bat that says sokuroll, it'll start the game and you can enter the Vs Network option to play online.
Alternatively try reading this: fuwa.se/f/NzGq0z.txt

How to get ULiL working online:
There are no tools like Adonis or Roll for ULiL so it may lag like hell if you're on the other end of the globe compared to the host. That being said, it should be just as easy as going into the game's multiplayer menu and following the same instructions as with playing soku.

How to get MM2 working online:
I suggest you follow the infopic at the top, it shows what the moonrunes mean if you can't into jap. Otherwise it should be the same as ULiL and Soku, just with more potential lag due to allowing more than 2 players at once. Also since rules.ttf is not included please read this hastebin.com/raw/azasabacej for info on the rules settings.

How to get THNS working online:
Please read this: hastebin.com/raw/ogamexafov and if it doesn't work, make sure to ask for help in the thread.

How to get AoE working online:
Same as Soku/ULiL/etc, however it expects a TCP protocol instead of UDP, so take that into account. Also look at the AoEconfig infopic to see what the config runes mean.

And yes, general discussion of touhou is allowed and encouraged, though the main focus is for organizing netplaying matches.

NO SECONDARIES ALLOWED

Other urls found in this thread:

pastebin.com/VrULWirF
10.0.0.1/
http://198.0.0.1/
192.168.0.1/
192.168.1.1/.
moriyashrine.weebly.com/touhou-diablo-treasure-hunter-g.html
mediafire.com/download/2axy4zmpalqztam/Gensoukyou Treasure Hunting.rar
dropbox.com/s/paoimbt2sdvecvg/Gensokyo treasure hunting(english patch prerelease).zip
pastebin.com/raw/HrpiTX8M
my.mixtape.moe/hxnzuv.zip
my.mixtape.moe/aapeme.zip
my.mixtape.moe/ojegbe.rpy
swfchan.com/20/95004/?touhoulunaticprincess.swf
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

There we go!

With the exceptions of Diablo Treasure Hunter G/G2, Puppet Dance Performance, Sky Arena, & Epic, it seems that there are no more netplay games to be found.

Sky Arena pastebin - pastebin.com/VrULWirF

In the AoE info pic, where it says
That checkbox is actually
That text is actually near the bottom, under the audio settings.

Also
and
Are backwards. They should be swapped.

Anyone up for some HnS or AoE? I can host if people are down for it.

I'm up for some AoE, it's been a while since i tried any RTS in multiplayer and i'm still rusty despite the recent matches.

AoE+ 2.18 - 94.188.40.99:10800

Game disconnected on me

What happened? It disconnected me for no reason in the middle of the match.

Some niprunes popped out and I got booted to main menu.

Talk about humiliation

Lobby's open, join up

The suikapocalipse destroyed us. I really should have switched to greens instead of massing blues.

I can't seem to connect, can you rehost?

rehosted, try it now

Lobby's open again, join up

W-well, at least we won.

I really can't into these types of games.

We finally won once, and i had to go Library siege spam for that.

Wanna play MM2 now? Or maybe HnS, but i'll have to boot hamachi for that don't i

There's not really enough people for HnS right now and I want to take a small break from all the fun. Think I'll host something in two or three hours, give or take, depending on the situation.

Lets wait a few hours and then we should host something like MM2.

Oh damn, I missed the AoE matches even though I was looking forward to trying out some of the strategies I saw in that replay file

Next time for sure!

It wasn't really anything special, just playing vs normal bots (which are fucking bullshit when they're hakurei because of mini-suikas) we'll play some MM2 in a bit, probably.

bump

S-so, anybody wanna play HnS or MM2?

This din't happen last monday but i guess it was bound to happen? Where did everyone go?

Hosting Soku. If you join, you will get bullied hard.

71.199.106.22:10800

I'm bored of HnS, so MM2 is fine with me

71.239.121.92:10800

MM2.

Game froze on my end, pls rehost

Looks like it crashed. Rehosting.

Skip the races?

Just skip that one track we already did

This lag is horrendous. I can't even select my characters.

I don't think we're going to be able to play this. I'm just sticking around to see if we can make it to the game.

I'm feeling that as well

It was tolerable but not for being on the character select screen for a while

This is actually worse than playing bomberman at 7 fps.

Well, at least its nice to listen to the full version of the music than usual.

But I don't see this going well…

Try rehosting again

Rehosting. Third worlders need not apply.

I think it's my fault, sorry, i guess i'll sit it out while i figure out what the fuck is going on with my net.

No worries mate

I wish there were spectator or replay saving options though

Anyone else coming in?

(We should skip to fightan)

There's also the diablo 2 mod and doom wads.

I could join you when I finish getting ready.

I gotta eat, be back in a few

I'm back!

Sorry for abandoning in the middle of the races, host.

I won't be around to play for the rest of today.

Just woke up, am I still in time for some matches?

Depends if there is another user willing to host

I guess I could host, never played this game before though. 24.36.4.146:7777 Yuros need not apply.

I should mention that I'm hosting MM2

Had a slight bit of trouble entering the port but I'm in.

This is a no-bully zone!

And I can't connect anyways

I started the game because I thought only one person was connecting. This lag is fucking unbearable by the way, and I can't seem to select anything with my arrow keys ingame. Only the gamepad works.

Weird, works fine for me

Have you tried to rebind them?

They appear to be bound to the arrow keys by default, my settings are only overridden once I start the match.

I think I'll try playing this some other time.

Understood.

I'd host if I could but I have no idea how to port forward…

Apologies to that user who wanted to join a match

It's okay! It'll be alright.

I'll just be over here, playing Touhou Hack & Slash.

Alone.

cmd
ipconfig
default gateway …… your router's ip
go to it
login
if you don't know login, look up defaults or reset it
once you're in, go to "port forwarding" and forward 10800 as both TCP and UDP.

Webpage for my IP says 'Unable to connect'

What did you type in?
Try 10.0.0.1/ or http://198.0.0.1/

Still no dice

The output of ipconfig will display all of the networks you are connected to. One if them has to have your router's internal IP. If you can't figure it out, look up some tutorials. It has to be there.

Even though my gateway IP is there, I can't open it on my browser

I dunno what to do…

Don't give up. Try 192.168.0.1/ or 192.168.1.1/. There's a high probability that your router's default IP is printed on the device itself. Try finding it.

Well I found the page thanks to that link.

Now I just have to find the port forwarding settings…

I think I got it…

I'll maybe try and see about testing it tomorrow

I played some MM2 in singleplayer and I'm shocked at how fluid the controls are. When I click a button, something actually happens. In netplay, even with a "good" connection, it feels like I have to hold down the button to do anything. It's never enough to press it. The game went by so fast.

What are the rules for the second game type? The one with the 4 spirits. I just try to smack the spirits for points until it blows up and hopefully get teleported off the screen but I'm not quite sure how it works.

Basically hit your own spirit with the gohai to be spirited away (Hitting your own spirit with the weapon doubles points compared to hitting someone else or using hands and feet)

If you want to get teleported off the screen, you have to keep hitting the ghost which is the same colour as your team.

But if you want to earn the highest amount of points, it's actually more valuable to hit the ghosts of other players. This comes with risk though because teleporting another player out deals damage to all the remaining players.

I usually try to send away the other players, starting with who I think will cause the worst situations for me. I also make sure I have enough HP left to teleport myself out or I'll die on the stage which can become a problem.

I give up on trying to port forward, its just frustrating me at this point…

Thanks. I didn't realize I was supposed to hit my team's spirit. That explains a lot.

It's not that hard. Try tomorrow.

Once you get the hang of it its pretty easy to do.

Why is my luck so bad?

bump

Good afternoon.

I'll try my luck in port forwarding again although I have no guarantees it'll work

Ganbatte your best, fairy. We're counting on you.

I-I'm just gonna wait for that user to go online so that we can play HnS together
p-please don't bully me, I want to finish this game and move on

You're in luck, I woke up 15 minutes ago. Let's play!

host whenever, i'm still awfully underleveled but i don't care, let's beat lunatic.

You want me to host? Give me a moment to try and set it up in a different way than usual, doing it the normal way would be a hassle .

Hostan, same deal, hamachi only since I'm retarded

It's not working and I have no idea what's going wrong. I keep getting a "BAD" error.

I don't see you online in Hamachi?

Still waiting to play some Hack & Slash

I really wonder how that other host managed to pull it off without using Hamachi, I mean I followed his instructions from the earlier thread and it still doesn't work

Lunatic complete

Theres only EXTRA left (Which might be a letdown)

Although I'd like to try out Touhou Diablo Treasure Hunter

The Extra difficulty is freaking ridiculous

Posting download links for the Treasure Hunter games

moriyashrine.weebly.com/touhou-diablo-treasure-hunter-g.html

Sequel

mediafire.com/download/2axy4zmpalqztam/Gensoukyou Treasure Hunting.rar

Patch

dropbox.com/s/paoimbt2sdvecvg/Gensokyo treasure hunting(english patch prerelease).zip

So here's some facts about the Extra difficulty that you might not know about yet:

1) Each floor's stairs are blocked off until you beat that floor's boss.
2) You cannot use scrolls from Eirin's store to teleport to a floor until you reach it on the current run. This means no grinding on Lunatic and buying a level 13 scroll to rush through everything.
3)Extra Satori drops a scroll that teleports you to the hidden level that's filled with Cirnos everywhere. Only one though, so no point running it in multiplayer.

So we're going to the next game.

Fug

FUG

We're about to start playing the Treasure Hunter game via netplay

If you're lurking here come join us!

I would, but my amerifat DSL isn't good for anything above dial-up based netplay, essentially.

I will gladly. Tomorrow.

bump

I'm ready to play!

Good afternoon.

Lets rock and roll!

94.188.40.99:10800 - Treasure Hunter G

Did someone connect and disconnect just now?

If so, if you need any help to make it work then please post!

How do you get off the ship!

That was me, how do you get off the ship!

We're playing the first game, not the sequel.

Thank you user.
Still though, how do you get off the ship!

You talk with Nazrin to get a quest. Then once you have accepted said quest, then you go the left side of the ship and bon voyage

Well I connected to something.

By the way in case for those wanting to join the netplay games of Treasure Hunter G

Make sure you change your tgg.exe to something else and change tgg_en.exe to tgg.exe

Forgot to mention, to connect you have to rename ttg-eng.exe to ttg.exe and use continue option instead of new game.

Took a few times.

And after this open ttgnet.exe

The first line is the username
2nd is port
3rd is IP

Anyone wanna stream some Touhou?

Chat program is needed.

Use the stairs left of Satori's place to respawn where you died

Left of Nitori I mean*

I was a killed. I'm gonna switch to gamepad.

1.6k damage!

Unidentified how?

Choose the repair option at Nitori to identify them

I wonder if we can share saves so that everyone can start on the same floor

Wow, there's an extremely easy save file in the .ttg folder

Seems I can just open it directly and modify values.

Hey guy who just joined, try copy/pasting this under playtime in the save0 .txt file in the .ttg folder, but first make a back of the file just in case

potal
x 6.12066
y -31.1708
name winter

Is this game suppose to be one hit you die just like in touhou? With fast pace it takes to get back to where you died, it seems intentional.

Press space and then go to equipment

There are 2 types of equipment. Rings and weapons. There's no leveling or stats or anything

All you need to do to survive longer is find the equipment which gives you more life

You can also buy super potions at Eirin to start healing you the moment you get hit, these are really useful

also, while you're in the field and you press space, you can return to camp instantly. And if you want to get back to where you were then just take the stairs left of Nitori

It looks like my idea of giving other players my in-game location via works, so if you want to join without going through 15 floors first. Then ask here and I'll post our updated location

Game was a killed.

I'll join up with you guys later. Got go take care of things.

You all still hosting? I just got back and want to play some games.

Host seems to have crashed and he's even stopped being logged into Hamachi

I can only speculate about what's happening on his side right now

Host is MIA

Welp that sucks, hope he comes back soon.

Back, rehosting.

And updated location:

This info goes into the save0.txt file in the .ttg folder. Place it under playtime. You might have to create a new-game first before you see a save-file

potal
x -2.9218
y -80.4363
name eiki_stage

Moving on to Treasure Hunting the sequel!

This happened

Looks like the sequel is shipwrecked

Hosting AoE 2.18 japversion - 94.188.40.99:10800

Nobody helped defend my forward base.

I tried! I really tried but it wasn't enough.

s-sorry, I'm too new

By the way, whoever was playing PCB team should have made some borders. They're great for supporting other players. They can also be placed near or behind an enemy base. Also, a great way to make static defense is to make towers and stuff them with red units. Red units are the cheapest to make and increase the firepower of the tower. Also, I just remembered this, but you can press the middle mouse button on the map to use a flare. Good when you find idle workers of an ally. Also, don't forget the combat triangle. Red beats blue. Blue beats Green. Green beats red.

To avoid idle workers, take advantage of queuing tasks, even in the long term.
Make lots of borders around you base and put blue units behind them. Even if reds attack, the blues would have typically killed them by the time they break through.
Take advantage of queues for unit production. Have building spread out across buildings. When select a bunch of buildings and queue units, they will fill up one building first before starting another queue in the next building. It's very annoying when RTS games do this, but this is one of them.
Never have spare resources unless you are saving for an upgrade. If you notice you have too many even when you are producing at maximum capacity, add some buildings for production.
Start raiding when you hit hard or even earlier. You need the points for aging and hero upgrades.
Easy heros can't hard workers, but easy units can. It's possible to raid on easy.
Make sure to scout a lot. The best way to do it is to take single red units, queue them across the map, and send them back when they return. If you get good coverage, you should see most of the map.
Red units are the fastest. They are particularly dangerous when you take bee-lining into account. To counter this, make sure you plug every hole into your base, even remote ones. A good player will scout out a way in and it's very hard to catch red units.
Simcity with houses. Wall off breweries.
Unless you are playing lake, you will notice that most of the resources are concentrated in the middle of the map. Typically, players will make their first expansion between their original TC and the center of the map. Their TC will typically be in the range of the first one. Doing this, they take advantage of the resources there. The outskirts of the map are safe but don't have much resources except maybe for magic and some single-tile alcohol/faith.
Borders and walls are OP in this game. Map control is fundamental. Until you have almost all the upgrades, your workers will gather alcohol from stockpiles faster than for breweries. If you can, try to take from the center of the map first and then work backwards. This will commit attrition on your opponent. In the late game, you will typically have most of the map walled off and a no-mans land in the center of the map. Unless you have a Suika, alcohol is the only non-renewable resource in the game. Taking advantage of those resources before they become scarce is important to winning.

I haven't been following all of this advice as I am rusty, but these types of games can be deep and fun. There's a lot of strategy to consider.

pastebin.com/raw/HrpiTX8M
This is an incomplete description of each faction written by someone from the old threads. Some of you might find it helpful.

Thanks, that's really helpful.

One of these days I'll smash those CPUs in AoE…

You can cheese them by building walls next to their and upgrading them quickly. They'll spend all their time breaking those walls and will never bother attacking you. Once they do finally reach you, you'll probably be in the late game. AI can't really challenge you then so you're bound to win.

I got nostalgic and ended up staying up late watching replays.

my.mixtape.moe/hxnzuv.zip

Here's a few good ones. In the future, we should play some pvp games.

I finally played through all the stages in AoE! Stage 8 and the final stage were really crazy

Good morning.

I'm still looking around for Touhou models to port to the Unreal Touhou Project, recently found the Sky Arena model of Utsuho and a Reimu model that while it exceeds 10K triangles can be easily downscaled and not look like shit.

bump

While the models will look inconsistent (Some are from Sky Arena, others aren't, etc.) there will at least be more choices on which Touhou you can play as.

I've also changed some of the character portraits that still retain the consistent look but are more recent. See pics for example

bump
hory shittu it's ronery in here

bump
any of you want to play some MM2, AoE or try to run some new games?

anything, really. really new to AoE though, however i did all the tootorals so i might be fine

We don't really have much new games to try outside of that Civ 4 mod, that Doom mod, or Sky Arena (And it'll be a while before I complete the Unreal Touhou Project although I suppose I could release characters by packs rather than keeping them and releasing in a package. For instance, I could get the starter pack released which would have Reimu, Marisa, Alice, and someone else)

I would like to do some MM2. Wish there was some tools to open the files because MM3 never ever

I'm still fucking awful at AoE, you'll be fine.

94.188.40.99:10800 - AoE+ 2.18
Let's run a lot of games today to get a lot better.

oh yeah, how do you change your name?

Click on ConfigTool.exe

Above the serial code is where you can change your name

you mean the create new char thing?
i tried that but the game still calls me Player in story mode.

Click the bottom right button once you type in your name. It's huge, you can't miss it.

also, when i try to press activate i just get an error.

You sure you're not using english version of the game? We're running the AoE+ version, which isn't translated. It's in the OP, one that's not spoilered.

wait, you're not supposed to use the english version? goddamnit, i wish i knew that.

We're just gonna leave a lobby up for five more minutes, then start.

test

Good test.

hope the game's short, i probably won't catch up until another round. i'm almost done downloading.

Nice one, user

Thats a damn fine model.

I won't be able to join you guys today, but you play on everbody.

lobby's up

I'll be takin another break.

For once, I wasn't fucking useless that time

Oh damn, I'm so late

We're taking a small break right now, i think. host again in a few minutes.

Back, won't be able to join in any games tonight.

Hope you fairies have fun!

Glad you guys had fun.

It's up again.

Boop

Morning, fairies. Have some music: my.mixtape.moe/aapeme.zip

Let's play games and have fun.

These games are cruel.

Was just trying some AoE with lunatic bots a while ago, they seem to adquire resources and points way faster than it's possible to do so, you're always drowned in max upgraded units before even reaching hard. It's frustrating to be unable to even make an army before your base is destroyed.

Lunatic in 20 minutes?! That's crazy

Good afternoon, fairies.

Everybody back?

Hello. I'll be ready to play soon.

I'm ready and also extremely tired. I just hope I can concentrate enough to play well

I've been looking around many places for Touhou models while waitin.

Just finished practicing Soku. I don't think we have many people here, so let's just play some AoE until we have enough to play MM2.

AoE+ 2.18 - 94.188.40.99:10800

Aww yeah, here we go again!

W-well, maybe we'll start again someday. You never know.

Had to redownload 2.18, mention when you guys start the game.

You should host then.

Server not up? I can't get in

Lobby's up again, join up!

Host is rehosting

We just finished playing our first match

Try again!

Get in here!

Damn it, something came up, and now I must go.

I also still can't get the jap version to work. It opens up the config menu, and then I assume, it wants me to make a new account or something. I got the english one to work and make a new account, but I guest randomly.

I didn't even reach Lunatic, oh well.

MM2 when?

You basically only write a name in the first field then press the big button at the bottom right and ignore everything else, if it doesn't generate a key it will keep pestering you about the config but just press the no button to go straight to the game.

Hosting MM2 - 94.188.40.99:10800

Since the game itself doesn't have a chat, we made an IRC - #2hu8ch on Rizon. secondaries pls go

I don't care that I didn't win the match, the fact that I got to do my little victory dance in the end was worth it!

GGs, i can't believe how OP SDM is at racing despite subpar stats on run and jump.

Question, what should I do with PC-98 Touhous? Have them as reskins, their own unique slot, or forget them?

Let them be reskins, classic reimu is much better than modern in my opinion

Probably not.

I can't seem to find any models of Utsuho without her arm cannon…the Sky Arena one and the one I have doesn't allow me to remove it

bump

Well thats about it for model searching.

Unless some characters are impossible to do, most of girls for the project are from the PC-98 up to Double Dealing.

I still haven't had any luck in finding the Touhous from Legacy of Lunatic Kingdom

You inspired me to try this

my.mixtape.moe/ojegbe.rpy
2016_05_27_23_25_14.rpy

Bump

See you fairies later today

Fear the gaps!

Good afternoon!

I'll probably not be able to play for a few hours.

I think i'm getting better now, i still got my ass kicked but at least managed to last 49 minutes. Thanks for the replay by the way, was really useful in learning how to play against lunatic AI.

I'm ready and looking forward to some matches!

We're gonna play some more AoE matches!

See for the info

More AoE+ 2.18 - 94.188.40.99:10800

On second thought, maybe I won't need to decrease the polycount on the Touhou girls because one of the non 2hu models I have in my game has almost 35K triangles and it still plays fine.

I'm wondering how pic related would work though considering she has no legs

Can you make her float? Does UT support floating models?

Wow, it has been a while since I've been in one of these threads. What in the world is going on here?

The captcha called me a fag. I'm a bit offended

Well one of the other models I have in the game has him floating so I would say its possible.

She won't be the only one who will move by floating.

We found some more games to play and I'm making Unreal Touhou Project 2004 for UT2K4

Hostan MM2 - same ip/port

We are a group of fairies that like to play Touhou netplay games. Come join us.

We play multiplayer games, we're currently hosting some Meddlesome Magician 2 here come join in and have some fun.

Well I found a tool that will thankfully fix my too many triangles problem AND I have the girls from the recent Legacy of Lunatic Kingdom! Especially Clownpiece!

Theres nothing stopping me now, but I still don't have an ETA on when it will be complete which may take months.

Does anyone know of an old rhythm game swf that featured Lunatic Princess? I remember it linking to a Japanese bbs called "secret room" that had a few other Flash games and hiscores. The gameplay was the typical arrows falling on the screen and having to mash the arrow keys.

You might think at first glance that the screenshot I'm posting is from Tripwire's retail Killing Floor game, but it isn't! Its the real deal mod for UT2K4!

While the mod has less maps than the retail version (Haven't considered porting as I no longer mess with KF), its harder than the retail game (And theres more to UT than just one game mode)

At least when the Unreal Touhou project is done, you'll have more Touhous to choose from than just the Scarlett Devil crew! With a new look to boot! (If theres some requests, I may add the Killing Floor Touhous as a bonus)

Do your best. Can't wait to play.

It works.

Good morning, fairies.

I don't believe I mentioned it, but besides PC-98 characters, you'll also be able to play as Rinnosuke, the merchant.

He needs to be in more games in general.

I think i found it, is it this?

swfchan.com/20/95004/?touhoulunaticprincess.swf

Yes it is. Thanks.

Score 16,229,053. This is hard.

That beginning of the webm gave me a House of the Dead vibe

I'm curious to see a Touhou on-rail shooter or a HOTD hack with Reimu and Marisa going back to everyone's favorite mansion

It's sunday, it's sunday~

Let's play!

I can toast. What should we play?

I'm up for anything, though i would like play some AoE. I'm still shit at it and i need to get better at handling workers before any FFA.

71.239.121.92:10800

Connection failed

Are you using 2.18? And have you switched your PC to the Japanese format? Also make sure to copy+paste the IP adress, avoid ticking it in by hand.

We have 4 players in the lobby and we're waiting for 1 more.

I'd join but I can't connect. I did everything in

Which version of the game are you running?

We rehosted, try again.

It seems that sometimes there can be a bug which prevents other people from joining. We're rehosting now so try again!

Such a depressing match

That was better than expected. Good job, everyone.

The English version is significantly behind the Japanese version. I have no idea what some of the techs do.

Sorry, we left you out to dry. There should have been a much bigger army in your base. I think once fairies get better, so will our teamwork.

Thanks for warning me about idle workers. 5 eyes is better than 1.

More AoE+ - 71.239.121.92:10800

Can't join.

Wrong IP, fuck.

94.188.40.99:10800

We made a valiant last stand!

Hosting again, pls join

Aya had a really good red army there, too bad i couldn't support it with books.

room's up

Just finished another match. is rehosting!

Ever figure out the cause of your bad net?

It's sunday, happens every time with my ISP because it gets overloaded until night, can't do anything about it.

Ah man, I tried so hard and still got overwhelmed

Those expansions you guys made were way too early, which added a bit of risk

not gonna do that again

Alice is really weak earlygame. If you want to try to rush, pick fairies.

Even on a sunday, we're still awfully quiet and slow.

Is it because of the IRC? We've been having a lot of discussion and hosting games there while neglecting to post here.

Probably. We should really only use it for tech support and for when we're playing long games like MM2 or Treasure Hunter G, which don't have a chat system.

That would be fun. Probably look a little like this.

I'm still tinkering around with the models for Unreal.

Even though I'm not worried about receiving notices, the rules the modelers come up with I tell you are some shit

Even though I have nothing to back it up, I've heard theres some kind of doujin law in Japan where the modelers are allowed to have their dumb rules on sharing.

Then again I'm a burger so what do I know?

Well the good news for those who think 4 maps in the mod version of Killing Floor is not enough, theres a lot more available on ModDB.

Unfortunately, none of them are the official ones from Tripwire's game (Its a bummer considering I liked the special holiday maps when I played it. When or if I'm done with the project, I might plan on seeing if I can port them)

Looking forward to playing some more matches today!

I feel like I've improved again by a bit. I also still need to get used to the other factions, I've only been using Hakugyokurou and also Hakurei in the story-line of course.

Does anyone have an English guide for aoe 2.18?

Can't you just use the earlier English version instead, if you're looking for a translation?

The English version isn't up to date.

There are few differences. If you can understand the original, then you can understand the addon.

I'm curious. Which Touhou shmups do you guys play, if any at all

EoSD & the PC-98 games

UFO is my favorite game.

it has my favourite marisa design

Oh shit, it's more AoE+! Time to be horrible at videogames once again!

We're playing another match. Come join!

What does this tech do then?

Increases the rate of resource gathering.

COME ON LET ME POST

Can't decide on which Reimu to roll with for Unreal (Assuming they will look fine downgraded)

Which one do you want the most?

A is cute.

A is the cutest but C is the most representative to canon reimu clothing, i'd pick whichever of these is the easiest to downgrade.

Now which Marisa do you like more? Assuming they look fine downgraded.

I like B more.

B looks better, but A would fit in more.

I'd go with A, looks much better than B.

I vote for A!

I can't find a valid AoE strategy for Alice. She has no advantages in rushing, her economy is slower because she's limited to one town center, and her unique units cost points, which makes getting to Lunatic harder if she uses them.

Alice is a late game faction. She has a tough start but becomes a powerhouse later on. Don't use point based units until later in the game. You only have one hero to upgrade, so you use less points.

Hosting 1 more match! AoE 2.18 94.188.40.99:10800

And 1 more match!

Please try again. I think we had already started the match when you tried connecting

lobby's up again

That was a slaughter.

good game, walling and talling is really op when done right

up again

vidya games

Rehosting!

B is more touhou-like, so B.

Rehosting

Thanks for hosting! Good games!

What in the world is this game?

I like A more. To me, that is "the" Marisa model. All the new Reimu and Marisa made them midgets. Not that there is any consistency between any of the works, aside from "characters who are small, ones who are medium, and ones who are tall". depending on the game/work, they just might be a few inches/centimeter, or heads worth of height.

Might be the 3rd AoE Touhou game, the one that has the DRM.

After tinkering around with one of the models, I'm starting to realize how difficult it might be to port them all at once into Unreal with so many triangles despite the downgrades.

Meanwhile with Sky Arena, they have lower polycounts but they still look just as good, if not better than the MMD models and they're less frustrating to port. Its the look I wish to capture but I can't into modelling and the tool for the game still isn't out there because they would rather kike people into buying the models.

I'll still try and see what I can do, but I might end up either taking shortcuts like porting the GTA models (Which by the way, if they were to get angry that I used their models for Unreal, they would have to go after other people or shut the fuck up because they're too late and welcome to the internet, shit gets shared) or just port the Killing Floor models + a few like PC-98.

Bump

We're going to hit the bump limit soon though.

Wait till page 13 you nigger

What happened here? The thread has been slow, should we wait before making the next one?

I'd like to have a new thread already.

It's hard to keep threads lively with such a low amount of people. If there were more players then there would be more to chat about.

I mean

And it doesn't help that we've managed to get past all the errors and problems which were a large part of many posts made in the earlier threads.

That shouldn't be a problem as long as this one gets deleted. I was thinking about waiting a few days so that everyone can work up their appetite to play.
Most of us can recognize each other here. Spooky.

We JUST hit 300 replies which is the bumplimit, i really can't do a new thread without it getting deleted unless mark approves for that, and i really don't want the thread to start getting flak for restarting too early compared to other 'generals' even if we're slower than the rest.

Let's just wait till page 13.

Mark could always set a higher bump limit

That flower eye makes my skin itchy.

At least it doesn't take long to load. Still it's best when generals get rotated.

AoE lobby is up again!

Version 2.18

Lobby is up again!

New bread

New thread

codemonkey let me post