Half-Life 3 trending on FagBook

I don't think this is an accident, I'm thinking we'll get Half-Life 3 at this years PC Game Show at E3.

Other urls found in this thread:

theportalwiki.com/wiki/Hats
theportalwiki.com/wiki/Robot_Enrichment_Store
archive.is/jp8GY
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Plausibly, that doesn't make the game bad, remember Postal 2 was open world.

Also the "rpg" references are just a script hook for Valves own in house implementation of "sourcemod" that allowed game modes in Counter Strike.

Its gonna be a duke nukem forever. All that hype is going to ruin it. But half life was never good in the first place.

This sort of thing happens every year. Just don't expect it so it'll be a happy little surprise if it happens.

Or Shadow Warrior reboot
or Divinity Original Sin
or Deus Ex HR
or Wolfenstein the New Order

or the tens of other oft-delayed reboots/sequels that were actually pretty good that released recently.

I doubt we'll see it. Plus anything they release is all but guaranteed to be a disappointment after such a long wait.

see

It might not be the golden shit of christ but it will likely still be very good

HOW ARE THERE PEOPLE STILL SAYING THIS AFTER SO MUCH TIME

EVERY FUCKING YEAR GUYS

IT'S BEEN A FUCKING DECADE

JUST LET IT GO

where can i preorder it?

>>>/reddit/

No it hasn't, Half Life 3 didn't exist until 2009/2010, episode 3 is a decade old.

You have shit, garbage, no good taste, filtered

Wasn't the trilogy of episodes announced right after HL2 released

HL3 will literally never happen and if it does it will be a result of that 2010 company restructuring that says that every valve game must generate continuous income with shit like hats and skins.

Is that for real? Do you have a source?

I'd rather not see this legend be made at this particular time in gaming.

I want these newfag redditors off my board. MARK!

It's never going to happen. The Valve of 2006 doesn't exist anymore.

Let it go.

its a busines not a fucking charity.

but portal 2 was 2011 and it didnt have any of this

That literally did not say that, it said the focus of development is that, not that it had to be exclusive to that. VR being a direct contradiction to that.

That's a stretch. Plus Human Revolution is a bad example because, while it was a good game, it was still disappointing compared to the original.

Did you forget about the cosmetics shop for co-op?

Yes it did you moron.

Portal 2 had hats

about 2 of them, nothing like dota or csgo

HERE COME THE REDDIT MEMEBOIS
HOLD ON TO YOUR SEATS

Shop? The hats were free.

Point out where I said that.

That's because nobody bought them, so they stopped adding them.

No they weren't user. Only 2 that you unlocked were.

You mean the only two that existed?

Looks like ya found me, goyim.

Are you actually forcing me to open portal to show you how fucking wrong you are user?

Are we goong to play this game? Really?

Meh, who cares. THe only reason to play Half Life 2 and beyond is for the story. The shooting and actual gameplay is just alright. AI isn't that great but is good enough for what they were doing and way better than todays standards.

But I have grown up more and I don't care about Half Life anymore. I have forgotten the story and anything I was invested in it has faded away.

I just don't care and won't buy it just like I wont buy the new Doom or any other rehashed old games that were better back then. I just don't care anymore. I want to play new IPs and new games not old rehashed shit.

mostly crossover items from tf2 and other games

Just DO IT!

I recall seeing the store featuring a single pack of items worth less than $10.

Portal 2 isn't really that much of a cosmetics powerhouse when compared to CS:GOy, ASSFAGGOTS or TF2 because the only one seeing your hats other than yourself is your Co-op partner.

Looks like you're wrong m8s

I'm intalling portal, give me 10 minutes and I'll prove ya wrong mate

okay, im waiting
>inb4 he never posts again

you're both complete dicksucking faggots.
yes portal 2 had hats but they never went anywhere with it.
probably because it was profitable like hat fortress 2 and CYKABLEK

Its probaly just some autists stirring up conversation around the subject because e3 is around the corner. Unofficial Trends on fagbook are not a reliable source to base a claim.

**WASNT

Its not an unofficial trend, facebook trends are controlled news put up there by facebook. Its zuckerkike status signalling that Half-Life 3 is coming out methinks.

Steam is doing that thing where it doesn't download because it's a shit program

I'm halfway there, I'll get to it

Don't bother, store won't open.

that wasn't the screenshot I took for fucks sake

Ah, well fuck me

Soon™

oh, so it's still closed?

what the fuck is this thread anymore

Except DNF wasn't ruined by the hyped. It was ruined by being a fucking piece of shit of a game

improved

This shit happens every year because reddit loves looking for things that don't exist.

>what is Steam Trading aside from an overly complicated bullshit ruined by idiots and people who fall for scammers

I don't even have a Portal 2 inventory in my steam account.

Surprising, as I have one for Spiral Shekel Knights

HL3 CONFIRMED

The point is, the game will never be good enouh for the hype. Even if its the greatest game ever, its still going to be ruined by it.

People make HL3 clickbait all the time

And people fall for it all the time

You listed one good game, and it had to receive a year of patching and an enhanced edition to be worth finishing.

No, they were all underwhelming and possibly "pretty good" if you're a gibbering idiot that gets hyped about such things.

HL3 will have a big multiplayer component. It will be an open world with RPG element :)

again the "RPG" thing is a script hook for Valves own in house implementation of "sourcemod" that allowed game modes in Counter Strike

(checked)
gonna need sauce on that one though

Sorry, user. They're protected because he doesn't want shills to be blown the fuck out anymore.

I don't have a source, thats just blatantly what it is since it is in a section dedicated to engine shit

Who actually cares anymore? literally nobody would be complaining about Ep. 3 if 2 didn't end on such a massive cliffhanger, and Mark Laidlaw's already left the company in the beginning of this year.

I really wish he could just continue the story on his own, without Valve's input. Give me an Episode Three book or something.

To be fair the plot for all the games has been completed since the release of HL2

It's really too bad that everyone stopped caring about 5 years ago. They fucked with their consumers for too long and now everyone who wanted Half Life is dead or moved on.

It's gonna be another Duke Nukem Forever guys…, Valve's first truly awful video game.

All of the rumours, user. All of the rumours for so many years.
The latest I heard is that HL3 will be a Vive VR exclusive.

I honestly wouldn't mind that if the content was good and they didn't have quests and shit.

Fuck off Gaben

He probably has written Episode 4 and 10 DLCs by now. He most likely just left the company because he's written the story and lore 3 times through.

I liked Divinity: Original Sin and finished the now Classic Edition when it came out. Though, I was actually the only one out of my friends that actually finished the game, and at most they quit partway through and didn't get very far (while others backlogged it).

I don't know what makes you say that though.

But Postal 2 was bad, in a "so bad it's good" way. It was fun, outrageous, and offered a lot of freedom, but it was also a butt-ugly bug-ridden mess.

Im kind of half ane half with postal 2. I loved the melee combat, but the shooting was so unsatisfying and unresponsive. Headshots just didnt exist, and that was a huge dissapointment.

Are you serious? Do you remember the last PC game show? The only thing shown was ports and indie games. Nothing new was announced at all.
Why do you think valve would give them hl3?

Oh wow, another cool contrarian who probably played the game 15 years after release.

Half life was shit even at release.

Take your bait back to half chan kid.

theportalwiki.com/wiki/Robot_Enrichment_Store
Stop being an obtuse piece of shit.

Oh how far back we've fallen.

They have actual devs on board like Relic and Taleworlds now.
archive.is/jp8GY

I'm pretty sure this trends every year around E3. People hope and they hope- I'm surprised anybody still cares, to be honest.

It was ruined by being in development for so long and being changed multiple times to suit the developing FPS market. It's a weird chimera that mashes mechanics and references from every period between 1996 and its release.

it won't be called HL3, it will be Half-Life Online.

it will have a short single-player campaign that finishes off the story of Episode 2, but most of the game will be similar to GTA Online or MGS Online.

this is coming from more than one source I know inside Valve.

but yes, it is definitely going to be revealed at this year's PC gaming segment of E3 unless something goes wrong at the last minute, in which case they will delay and reveal it later this year.

ETA of release is this winter. try not to get too hyped, it will be full of microtransactions, social gaming cancer, and DRM. but at least it will finally finish the story and they won't use Denuvo so it will be easily pirateable.

Prove it, nigger.

E3 is in less than a month, just wait.

How would that work on an occupied planet? There's not enough freedom to realistically run the game that way.

Whats Gabe's favorite food at valve's cafeteria?

>HL3 HL ONLINE CONFIRMED
This month is about to get groovy if all that happens

I'm going to post this again:

Valve will never release a good ending to the Half-Life series. At this point all development for it is dead and they will keep "leaking" false hints about it so that their cucks won't completely give up hope. At some point they may try to improve their company image by releasing a final HL game, and it'll be a rushed piece of shit worse than how Fallout 3 was to the Fallout franchise. The old Valve that was about trying to make original games is dead, and it needs someone to replace Gabe and purge out the memeing employees to revive it. I'm not sure how healthy the crypto-kike is but I'm assuming it'll be many years before he drops out. Just abandon hope for anything good to come from them. Never forget how they let TF2 go to the memes.

Sorry what?

Rumours, not to be believed at all until seen, just imagine the flames for a couple of seconds to get a rough draft of what are you going to do just in case

or

just let it go. they will never admit its dead because people are still hanging onto valve because of half-life. its never going to happen and if by some miracle it did they would ruin it the same way they ruined portal 2, tf2, and cs. old valve is gone and if paid mods weren't enough to wake you up to this you should consider suicide.

So fucking what?
Valve should have released the game fucking years ago, I don't trust them anymore.

Even if it does happen there's is absolutely no guarantee it will be worth it. Valve is only a name, talent comes and goes, and from what we've seen from the shit piles that are Team Fortress 2 and Dota 2 we can only expect mediocrity and half-assed cash grabs.

TF2 was good at one point, user. Valve ruined it around 2010 or 11.

Didn't you hear user?

Valve was never good, all the 13 years old say so

They wouldn't that wrong, it was never good in their lifes

Nice meme

Nice try

What the fuck do you think an engine is?

I want Reddit to leave and stay left

he was trying to say

D:OS is good, I've never touched any of the other games.

Valve don't make games as in Valve doesn't come up with the ideas for good games. They take an already popular idea and sell it.
They take something already popular/fun and turn it into a product. Whenever they try to make a sequel, it comes out worse than the original. Whenever they try to update the games, they ruin them. This is because Valve has no good ideas.

Also the people that made these games work at Valve, so I don't see how these are not Valve's project.

Are you telling me that anybody that's been hired by Valve isn't part of Valve? Should Gaben make all the games by himself?

Please explain your logic

theres like no puzzles, because a monkey could beat portal, lol

DNF was a good game, though.

Just not a great one.

If I made "The Legend of Zelda 3" for free and it was hugely popular and Nintendo liked my design so much they hired me and told me to make it again but this time they were going to sell it as an actual game, has Nintendo actually made "The Legend of Zelda 3"?

If I made a mod for Half-Life called "Counterstrike" and it was really popular and Valve hired me, does that mean Valve made "Counterstrike"?

surprise, surprise!

TF2 was actually made by Valve though.
It's a sequel to a mod which Valve didn't make, but they did make the second game.
Actually, the first L4D was entirely third-party. Turtle Rock made it, and Valve owned Turtle Rock (at the time).
Now that's blatantly fucking false, the guys who made Portal were employees. They were new employees, but they still worked for Valve.

Have you seen the difference from Narbacular Drop to Portal?

The only similar thing is that you could create portals, even the mechanics of how the portals work were completely changed.

Also the legend of zelda as an example is completely wrong, the thing didn't exist before, it was based on absolutely nothing.

Yes, because they're bankrolling it. When you work for a company, the usual arrangement is that they own the thing you make.

I disagree.
I was bored during the driving segment.
I was frustrated during the mine segment.
I was bored the city segment.
I gave up at the dam.

Game a shit.

From the developer commentary on L4D.

Sorry, Portal wasn't third party. The guys who made a game with the exact same puzzle concept of creating portals were hired by Valve.

But they didn't actually make anything.

The point was not and never will be 'Valve producing video games'. The point is 'Valve has no ideas' and that when they try to add their ideas to games, they make them worse. Though, hell, I'll concede L4D was their own idea in their own company. They just did the Valve thing of fucking it up in the sequel.

Really? I dont remember that?.

Yeah, Turtle Rock might have started off that way, but they didn't work for Valve at that time. They were working on L4D then were purchased by Valve in 2008.

Of course Half-Life 3 will be shit.

Half-Life 2 was Half-Life 1 with crappier environments, a physics engine that crashed all the fucking time, shit-tier, limited range of weaponry, 90% of the enemies were generic soldier goons, a generic story that was cliche by the time Valve got to it, and basically zero survival horror elements that made the first one so good, except for maybe Ravenholm.

Pretty much everyone who made Half-Life 1, and even Half-Life 2, have left Valve at this point. Right now, the chances of Half-Life 3/Half-Life 2: Episode 3 being even worse garbage than Half-Life 2 are hovering around 90%, if not more.

Let it go. If will came out people will be so buttblasted that will cherry pick anything a la SW prequel. And in the good case we get a duke nukem forever shit or a butched DLC filled half assed shit

fucking liberal agenda piece of shit

Depends.

Open world can easily be shit if they go with offline MMO style.

Fetch quests and pointless collectibles.

Be careful what you wish for.

everything

are you the monkey you are talking about user

Honestly, what could they even do at this point that would be worth making another Half-Life?
The market is so saturated with first person shooters at this point that all it's going to have going for itself is the name.

Sounds plausable

I always thought that was his stomach and it was falling out or some shit, now i see it's a face

I don't really give a fuck about what you will say about this but I think that Valve isn't stupid and usually go for the most inovative way of doing things. Do you know why they haven't put out a game in years? Because they spend money (covered by the enormous amount that Steam makes) into R&D and new ideas. It doesn't always work but they don't care and they're still progressing. I also think that if HL3 ever comes out it won't be the generic shooter that you all want it to be. They know that people are bored of the generic sci fi FPS and multiplayer matchmaking games, just look at how the last CoD was received. How many good ONLY solo shooter/adventure game came out since Ep2? People are also starting to get bored of casual/too easy games, just look at how everybody is playing Dark Souls now. By going against the trends they can only stand out as an "inovative" company for the best. They just need to release a game that requires patience and resoning from the player and people will buy it. No need for VR though.

That would be the best case scenario.
Well if they aren't doing this they're just full of shit.

VR exclusive. Calling it now.

After all, what purpose did HL2 serve but to spread adoption of the last Jewish PC gaming platform?

It's possible that the game will be shit or average at best but critics will praise it because MUH VALVE XD

Of course the Clinton News Network wants to try and stop us, Holla Forums makes the best Trump memes

Thats a no brainer seeing that VR is basically dead with nothing standing out and seeing how Valve invested millions in VR they need to find a way to make sure their investment makes returns and HL is the thing every retard has been asking for since 2010

t. Sven Co-op ordinary player