Harley Quinn animated series coming to DC's upcoming digital streaming platform

Harley Quinn animated series coming to DC's upcoming digital streaming platform.

The series features Harley Quinn, Poison Ivy, and a whole cast of heroes and villains, old and new, from the DC Universe.

archive.is/zSps1

Go shill someplace else.

She's really not that interesting as a character. Why does DC treat her like she's a top tier character?

Come back when they've made an episode of Harley and Ivy making out drunk or perhaps something even more provocative.
Then we can all have a humorous but most likely half-hearted and fairly horny thread about it.
no fart fetish stuff this time okay.

We gonna crash this plane… With no survivors.

They keep forgetting she was popular as eye-candy and supporting cast, not as a leading lady. But either because she's someone's waifu, SJWs trying to push the STRONK INDEPENDENT WOMYN/LESBIAN angle (along with Ivy), or simply because they think anything tangentially related to Batman can sell hotcakes, they keep pushing her.

I'm kinda happy they remembered Condiment King in OP's pic, but I know better than to get my hopes up.

if it isn't Gotham City Sirens, I don't give a bat's ass

I knew this was coming. She's already been shoved into everything, so why not give her a show?

Because girls like to cosplay as her. She's essentially the female Deadpool now, except more slutty.

There has already been a leaked scene from Harley's new series

That's a painfully accurate description.

I want to believe this to givegive Harley Quinn more depth and make it a better character, but I know better.
At the very least I hope DC isn't retarded enough to waste well done for animation character designs is lolsorandumb shit, but my luck tells me that this is were Bendis is being send to, look at that image, she's halfway to a quip.

Hey Holla Forums

NO!

Why doesn't Gwenpool have a fucked up freddy kreuger face?

Because she's not a Wade Wilson. And not a Gwen Stacy, for that matter. Her name is Gwen Poole, and she's ostensibly from our world.

Paul Dini created Harley Quinn with Timm then shoved her in every fucking thing he could find. Timm just wanted her in DCAU stuff, but lots of girls were watching BTAS, which they incorrectly attributed to Harley being in it, so DC's management let Dini shove her in every fucking thing he could.

Eventually, Dini got even more influence and power and shoved in her even more titles. At one point in the Nu52, she was mentioned in 1/5th of every title at least once. Anyways, girls kinda like her, guys love her because she's hot, parents and moral guardians get wind of this and get triggered over her attire and relationship with the Joker, so they remove that, make her a stronk indypyndynt womyn and shove her down our throats to the point of everyone hating her.

Also she's now an anti-hero and helps the good guys all the time because xD so randumb lmao.

FUCK PAUL DINI
He gets to fuck up every thing he wants without repercussion, marry his literal comic book waifu and the worst he gets in his life is a simple mugging, which he turns into a Batman story and cries so everyone buys it.
The only good thing was as well as forcing Harley Quinn, he forced Zatanna. Then again, he gave us Nu52 Zatanna and Bloodspell, so monkey's paw on that one.

The guy is also a furfag.

Sounds like somebody's jealous

The current pushing of Harley absolutely everywhere has little to nothing do with Dini. Dini didn't even write all of Gotham City Sirens, and he doesn't write comic books regularly

Isn't it obvious? The way they've redesigned her, she's basically a Tumblrina, except that she's actually attractive so most Tumblrinas self-insert as her

I'm with this user here, Dini isn't entirely to blame for this one. I recently rewatched a few BTAS episodes with creator commentary, and in one specific Harley focused episode, I think it was "Harlequinade", Dini mentions how he thought about making a show with Harley as main character, but then realized that it couldn't work, that she just isn't protagonist material and that she needs other characters as foil, like Joker or Ivy (one other producer even specifically said that she needed the Joker or just straight up doesn't work as a character), or else she would get boring real fast, so he would need to surround her with more and more whacky and crazy characters or invent family members to keep it interesting. Interestingly enough, he was right and that is exactly what happened in her current comic, from the little I've seen of it: a bunch of outlandish and increasingly crazy chracters, almost to the point that Harley herself is degraded to be the straight man.
And he really didn't shove her in every comic he wrote, only ones I know about are the first Sirens comics, Mad Love and maybe a few other Batman Adventures comics, I don't know how many of those he was involved in.

The most you can blame Dini for is writing her into the Arkham games with her redesigned outfits and appearance, which probably introduced or reintroduced a bunch of normalfags to her, then the New52 came, DC decided for some retarded reason to completely strip her of her classic costume, gave her her own godawful comic, Tumblr latched onto the character and it was all downhill from there.

Holy shit that animation is satisfying.

Original Harley is best Harley, no exceptions.

Oh fuck. They're basing it on the shitty comic.

ABANDON SHIP

It gets worse the longer you think about it. Harley wouldn't even be a thing if Marvel didn't fuck up Lady Deadpool. The big mistake with her was that she was literally a female Wade Wilson, complete with fucked up face. This wouldn't do for casual girls, since they can't get attention with a bag over their head. They tried to fix this with Gwenpool, but she isn't as wacky as Deadpool nor does she have the edge. She's cute, not a tramp.

Slut Harley, on the other hand, is the best of all worlds. The costume is lazy, the character is "quirky", and girls get to dress slutty. They get be "rebellious" without putting any effort into it.

Joker's army of molls from the TV show are better than Harley.

They look just like her. Except they don't have a cool red-and-black court jester costume

Where do you think Dini stole the idea?

Days of Our Lives?

I was disappointed when Harley never busted out the extendable mandolin.

Dini can't draw. This is James Tucker's, isn't it?

People really just don't know anything about Gwenpool, do they?

Who's the babe next to Ivy?

If this is actually the artstyle they are gonna use in the end, series will be ahead of most adult animation currently on TV. It's also nice to see that they at least didn't go with Ivy's new horrid costume.

Harley, in either form, also comes with a legion of fans who will automatically give cosplayer ton of attention. Meanwhile most people barely remember fempool and normafags will just assume that she is just a gender-bent Deadpool that cosplayer came up with.

Probably one of the villains created for the show.

What the fuck did you just fucking say about me, you male pig? I'll have you know I graduated top of my Womyn's Studies class, and I've been involved in numerous demonstrations against oppression of womynkind, and I have over 300 signatures on my petition. I am trained on debate tactics and I'm the top speaker in the entire Feminist Frequency. You are nothing to me but just another cis scum. I will reeducate the fuck out of you with feminism the likes of which have been seen before on this Earth, mark my fucking words. You think you can get away with saying that shit to me over the Internet? Think again, male oppressor. As we speak I am contacting my public network of activists across the USA and your IP is being traced right now so you better prepare for the storm, misognyist. The storm that wipes out the pathetic little thing you call your world view. You're fucking dead, nerd. I can be anywhere, anytime and I can disprove your biased theories in over seven hundred ways, and thats just with no preparation time. Not only am I extensively trained in rhetorics, but I have access to the entire funding of the Tropes vs Women in Video Gmaes project and I will use it to its full extent to wipe your miserable opinions off the internet, you rapist. If only you could have known that unholy retribution your little "clever" comment was about to bring down upon you, maybe you would have held your fucking tongue. But you couldn't, you didn't, and now youre paying the price, you goddessdamn idiot. I will rain empowerment all over womyn and your cisprivilege will drown in it. Your rape culture is over, man.

That is actually Magpie. She appeared in Beware the Batman.

Hmmm if they try harder with her outfit, she could have an interesting flavor with that name.

The art style reminds me of Venture Bros.

FTFY

Tell me Bruce Timm drew that shit.

Get triggered over what? Dini and Misty Lee have been married for twelve years now.

Also, I just learned that Misty Lee is twenty years Dini's junior.

Harley's "toxic" relationship with Joker, which is why nuHarley in new 52 is a stronk independent womyn who dresses like a complete whore and fucks half of the suicide squad within the first 10 issues.

No your waifu is just a shit

He really is living the dream

I find Gwenpool just as try hard. Something about her is just super obnoxious and face punchable, not really clever, and so in the now, with no real lasting staying power beyond masturbation fodder that comes out on a daily basis.

Which issue brought you to your conclusions?

Looking back on it, Scentana was a dead giveaway.

I always kind of like the whole Lady Gaga thing they had going with Magpie in Beware the Batman. Much better than her 80's look.

If the image related is supposed to imply something, then I don't get it because I haven't followed her up to that point.

Ignoring the (in my mind pitiful) waifufags, I see no real reason for her character to exist. She only selectively uses tropes for one, and has the "4rth Wall" knowledge of somebody who doesn't understand the artistic medium too well (As in any medium) but act like they do.
Is just the understanding of somebody pretty stupid because it would be like saying:
Because that's just meant as a simple author shorthand. For a joke character to exist to just reference those very simple author shorthands makes her more like those annoying Fangirls that think they know stuff because they have read TV tropes.
Its very shallow lampshading, lacks edge and I just don't find her sympathetic whatsoever. Without the art that makes her look cute, she's a character that's a dime a dozen in the comic book industry at the moment.

A story like Dr. Mcninja worked better because its entire WORLD was more satirical. One of the more modern Plastic Man stories did that and it worked great. In Marvel you gotta either make the characters around her that moment dumber, or ratchet up her plot armor.

I also hate how Harley is now an anti-hero, I really like her as some kind of masochist in an abusive relationship with the joker, it really makes her stand out like an elite minion, but she can't be a character of a long-running series, much less a protagonist with just that, so DC instead of accepting this they try to change everything that makes her good.

You really need to keep reading, I don't dislike Gwen mostly because she's a true comics fan.
She gets pissed at Bendis, complaints that there's not a worthwhile event in the Marvel universe because it just gets reset and actually uses her knowledge about it in her favor.
For example in one issue, she finds who was the school bomber in Miles Morales' High-School based on that she knows who was going to be to be so before the arc was aborted with the ultimate universe and now the writer must be bringing it back.
Everytime I read it is clear that she really loves comics.

So, Harley Quinn is DC's Squirrel Girl?

I asked which issue made you come to your conclusion about the character. You said you didn't read to issue #12, so which of the issues before that formed your opinion.

No I bet shes a real comic "Fan". I'm saying she's not well written. When I was referring to her, I was referring to her writer. Her writer could just look up shit on wikapedia all day but that doesn't make an understanding of writing any better.
Conglaturations you don't like how memey deadpool is, but her character is just as quirktastic modern crap.

You don't fix bad writing by fucking lampshading it. You fix bad writing by FIXING it.
Alright, then what you gonna do about it? Fucking nothing. Deadpool will put a Knife to your throat, and you will get out of it just fine when your neck should have been slit and your head tossed aside like many of the other hundreds of mercenaries deadpool takes on (And this is not me hyping up deadpool. Hes also becoming increasingly grating and stale). If she died permanently the next chapter I would have clapped.

Her focus is on breaking my suspension of disbelief. Well, what now? I don't care for her safety, so I feel no tension, so Im not taking anything thats happening seriously so all that is left is her at best surface level banter.

Probably because that's not a thing to focus on, it was clear from the first issues that her conflict was between if she was a villain, anti-hero or hero not if she's going to survive, even she acknowledges that EVEN IF SHE DIES the universe will eventually get a reset, she actually complaints that this is a problem all around the comic industry, is just that she knows it and ultimately, legit dying doesn't mean shit IRL with logic or story structure because IRL those things are meaningless compared to popularity.
What she does is to keep a mental list because she wants to become a wholesome superhero and hang out with the other capes but her skewed view on comics as a reader keeps dragging her to being a morally grey character, a thing she feels constant guilty for and tries to atone with various degrees of success despite all her IRL knowledge.

tfw You'll never see Joker's fuck-toy Harley again.
Why not to make another character entirely?

Wow user it's like a different shade of shit stop jacking to this shitty character for a moment and notice that she also call whore the real Thor and same with female hawkeye the real deal. This character if was parroting stuff from tumblr it will be hated but loved there

Shit user, choosing 5 words out of all of it, is like selective deafness.

And I care about her making these decisions because? Whats at stake. Why do I find myself personally attached to this character so much that for me it's of importance for a person who doesn't care at all about whats happening around her, to make that decision? Isn't by entertaining being a villain at all kinda undermine me taking her seriously and "Liking" her seriously?
I cared about the Fantastic 4 for instance because I grew up with those comics and saw the family develop as a team so if something bad happened to any of them, I would be affected.

It's self-masturbatory. Great you have a knowledge of tropes, and how marketing works. Thanks. Fantastic. But why should I like you? You stress just how much of a non-character you are and exist in a void…So? Again its just lampshade hanging.

All she does is lampshade hanging to cover for her lack of…anything.

It's kinda like Samurai X/Rorouni Kenshin, you know he isn't ever going to loose any fight because he's just that badass but you care about the way he wins because you don't want to break his oath of no-killing.

Her not caring about the world around her was portrayed as a genuine character flaw, and got her shit fucking ruined by about issue 3 because she thought like that.

In this case I just want her to have a happy life in a world she loves with good intentions and I think seeing her struggle because of herself is fairly entertaining.

This but sage for Gwenpool, is off-topic.

But why watch that when I can have characters that both have interesting scenario and tension AND care about them breaking moral principles.
I don't get why people watch those kinds of shows when the action is so trite and boring. Its like drudging through 10 minutes of your little brother telling you how cool his OC is.

Until it wasn't. So what shes a character whos superpowers are literal plot armor. See that's the problem when you break the basics of writing so much.

Again why should I care about her. Thats why the art does so much heavy lifting. Shes a cute stupid girl, and everybody likes her because fap or cute. If she was an obese overweight landwhale nobody would give a shit about her.

Are you this genuinely blind because you want to wack you meat on her or are you just a shill trying so hard to push her in any way possible?

This just in: All comics are shit because every character has plot armor

That's right. Its almost like authors spend allot of time creating engaging tales with high quality and clever writing to make you forget that. Whats it called? Suspension of disbelief.

Thats why breaking it is probably a retarded idea, and its the only one Gwenpool has. You don't break the suspension of disbelief and then ask me to take it seriously later like take-backsies.

You broke the 4rth wall and now your house is collapsing. Don't then ask me to do the work for you and ignore it.

I get you need to hate everything Marvel produces because "politics", but c'mon. At least familiarize yourself with the shit you're bitching about.

I'm not every single user. I don't reject her character because "Muh politics". If she was a dude drawn in the style of Squirrel Girl nobody would think shes a good character.

Well now I get you are just a shitposter

Well, fuck.
You realize Gwenpool is still a work of fiction, right?
There's still a suspension of disbelief.
The thing that could "kill her character" is her to go back to her real home in the real world, a thing she's constantly afraid of and is a major personality and plot point.
Besides some that have come recently like; How Gwen will keep up if she hasn't read any new comics?
How does the "ruled of comics" apply to her (There's a future Gwenpool in next comics from where I am)?
By what we have seen is clear that Gwen was mistaken in believing that just because she came from a meta-dimension, rules didn't apply to her which caused much of her misfortunes.

Yeah I haven't read past issue 5. Id say thats a pretty fair time for me to say "This is bad".

Fine, if we wanna play semantics, broke my engagement. If Superman turned to the camera and said "Just so you know none of this is real Mkay? This guy can't and won't kill me because I'm a markettable brand", and especially if he did that every 5 minutes Id toss that shit just as easily.
Like why are you "Worried" about Happening to Gwen? Like what gets you INVESTED in her character. And whatever answer you give me, imagine now that Gwen is a Overweight Pimply faced neckbeard called Owen.
The worst things that can happen to Owen is him feeling bad….And that's about it. That's the worst-case scenario.

Once you admit to plot armor, and just pure meta-narrative, its pure meta-narrative all the way down.

Imagine if Micheal and Webb were this for all of its jokes. It would get boring and annoying all the time.

Fine well, just one last try on my part:
Gwen is starting to question her own reality, she was dragged back in to the real world, but then, her real world is still part of a comic book, now she's paranoid if she's been a comic book character all along and what does this means to her, as a reader I'm confused because Gwen is legitimately happy in the super hero universe, but it seems it is a place she arrived as a form of escapism so I don't know which decision to support, making her mature and accept her responsibilities will mean the end of the comic and the "dead" of her character as Gwenpool, but probably this is the best for her and it seems this is where the comic is leading to. Besides, I think you're underestimating the emotional attachment as for now, her life as Gwenpool is her life, just because she somewhat acknowledges that it is fictitious at some degree it doesn't matter is the most important for her right now.

it doesn't matter, is the most…

And all that while having good art… when Gurihiru draws, fun action and crossovers ala Batman the Brave and the Bold.

If Squirrel Girl were drawn by Gurihiru, would you think it's a good book?

Because she is famous? It is an obvious answer.

It's sounds less like you think it's bad but more that you resent it's entire existence.

I mean, do you have the same opinion over every work that breaks the fourth wall? Do you think Morrision's Animal Man is shit because Animal Man learns he's in a comic book?

19, actually. But I always found it funny that's she's younger than him, yet looks older depending on whether he's shaved or not.

Not really, he married her way past her prime and she's not even hot. Women past 30 get super desperate, if you've got even a little bit of game, you can clean up like there's no tomorrow.

I asked WHY and you answered
This is very similar to many feel-faggotry in the anime community. The characters aren't well developed but make them cute enough and throw them through hell, and then people will get all the feelz.

Its the same shit that Rebecca Sugar used in Adventure time, and this Technique is quite popular overall especially in edgelord anime.

I meant why you like Gwenpool the character, not Gwenpool the book.

You Keep part 2 but not part 1 which is what Im asking about:

You keep mentioning step things that happen in step 2, but I keep asking about step fucking 1. I ask how you could enjoy step 2, when there is no step 1 and the entire premise is that there is no step 1.

But thats the thing your not interested in step 1. You just want step 2s. You don't need tension. Just skip ahead to the buildup and assume you like the character already, or the the Anime wankfest character is already powerful and just watch splosions like a slack jawed faggot.

She makes no fucking sense if shes a character that actually believes about her surroundings. Why the FUCK would you pull out classic Doom if you wanted to survive for instance? You would want Wimpy emo Doom if you where a person who actually feared for their lives. But she doesn't and has whatever the fuck narrative powers she can pull out of her fanwaking ass.

No I would say nobody else would as well.

I'm surprised DC even acknowledges that show existed given how hard they tried to wipe it from people's memories.

I have not read it. But in general It requires proper execution.

Its the difference between say No more heroes 1, and Sunset overdrive.

Both stories play around with the notion of how gamey these characters are in their stories, but one makes more surreality and really plays with the notion of what the Protagonist is doing. The protagonist is a Tool that does what he thinks is cool, when really he is the same loser he always was just in a game, and with a killer weapon. And was taken advantage of because his flights of fancy made him easily manipulatable.

Sunset Overdrive is just obnoxiously twee. It uses its fourth wall breaking to yell memes, and sound like dated corporate bullcrap. "Why am I doing X? Because It is a VIDEOGAME +D +PPPPPPP"

I think its because the comic likes Gwenpool too much. The comic itself contorts and bends to her own will whenever, and it just overall likes her when she needs a kick in the stomache.

You know that you could say that out of any character right? Just change cute for heroic, cynic, jerkass. If as if you're saying that the emotions of a character do not matter if you don't like the plot or setting despite these emotions being the most important part of the story, it really does seem that you have a bias because you don't like the style of the book, a style that gets fastly called out as wrong and from then on isn't as Manic Pixie Dream Girl as many people expect.

Cute is a fucking Aesthetic, and in general, requires very little effort. But I guess for somebody who sees character traits as just stickers you slap on and off, and just selectively turn your brain on and off when the sad parts or funny parts come on I guess all character traits are the same.

I didn't care for the Big Hero 6s Robots "heroic Self sacrifice" because it was a machine literally designed for that purpose. It acted cute and innocent but that was literally what it was made for. So despite all the music telling how sad it was, I did not give a shit.

The Iron Giant is about a big Scary, Ugly (In a physical sense, in a design sense hes superb) robot that was made out to be a warmachine and a killer of planets. He self-sacrifices himself despite all that and regaining his memories because his desire to be a hero became a more fundamental part of him. That's called craft. That's called a character arc. That's called establishment and payoff. Thats called skill to work against the Mold.

Its why Avatar (James cameron) and District 9 share the same or similar themes, but one is more well crafted and the other is lazy.

I think I found your fundamental issue.

Got any examples?

Because Classic Doom is much more fun and Gwenpool knows this because she's a comic book autist.

Looks good.

The whole point of the first arc is her learning that this is not the case.
Let me get this straight if I say yes then she's a mary sue if I say no then is:

Seems like a strawman alley in here.
Despite that Gwen's character has been developing since issue 4, or are you too young to distinguish from a consistent character from non-development.

It's called "standard Frankenstein" shit. Misunderstood monster. Loses friend. Goes on rampage. Sacrifices himself to save the innocent.

Iron Giant is a great movie and all, but holy fuck are you a pretentious, uneducated douche.

distinguish from

She fucking Rips Classic Doom out of Nu Doom. Thats reality warping powers.

Whats with this selective memory?

She ripped Classic Doom from a different comic, possibly the end of whatever current arc he's in. She isn't warping reality, but utilizing the fact she's in a comic book.

In either case, the book certainly doesn't bend to her own will. Characters routinely don't like her, her initial group of "friends" disperse after the first arc, and her first side-kick is killed in the first issue. None of those things magically change simply because she wills them to. She actually has to find solutions to all of those problems because her knowledge that she's in a comic book hurts her more than it helps her.

Maybe you all just know very little of these types of plots so the crappy scraps that Gwenpool does make you think its impressive.

Dr.McNinja the Webcomic had the ninjas in that world just KNOWING of the inverse ninja law. That no matter how badass a single ninja is, the second you have a bunch of them suddenly they become glass jaw mooks.

They just state it as a law like physics and don't wink to the camera, don't mug, or call themselves smart. There is no magic panel breaking, or "I can't believe its not reality warping".
Later on, Dr Mcninja ends up needing to fight a rival again. He sends apon him an army of Dr Mcninjas clones. And Initially, Dr Mcninja thinks that, that is the setup. But all the clones end up being friendly.
So they attack the Rival together….And all start getting defeated mercilessly. Dr Mc Ninja realizes that he had himself fallen pray to the Inverse Ninja law, and that unless he does something, will be defeated just as easily.

So he comes up with a plan, and poses as the rivals "Buddy Cop Duo Friend", and how the rival "Always pushes those close to him away".The Rival initially rejects this, but then realizes that HE now becomes subject to narrative cliche and suddenly HE will find himself dying if he doesn't stick to the script. So they end up working together to defeat the clones, and once the clones are defeated the "Script" is over and they can have a one on one and such.
That's clever. Just pulling out a character you like from out your ass because LOL is not.

But again now I see that waifufags have spread like a disease from rats from shitty quality anime and manga to shitty quality Comics.

Or maybe you're retarded.

Nobody tell him.

Yes his work on Mcninja was better than this shit. I didn't like his work on Deadpool either.

Oh snap you fuckin got me! Its almost like I compared similar things to show how one can be shit and another not.

But whatever.I might as well be talking to pigs. Their gonna eat shit either way may as well save my breath.

I seriously hope all these gwenpool waifufags aren't actually paying for the comics
You fags wouldn't give a fuck about that tripe if it didn't have gurihuri art

It's almost like a hybrid of Venture Bros and Amanda Conner's art. Hopefully adult cartoons will finally move away from the ugly and cheap artstlyes. There have been some efforts with Ugly Americans and Moonbeam City. Unfortunately, writing in it tended to be bad in both of those and they didn't last long.

Since DC is planning to put it exclusively on their streaming platform, series will likely only get one season. It would do great on Adult Swim based off of Harley Quinn and waifus alone.

She looks different than her original version, which is a good thing in this case. This design is far more interesting and fits in Gotham better than the edgy punk from comic books.

We never actually storytimed Longshot Saves The Marvel Universe, did we?

burn it.

i am infinitely in favour of a harley quinn/poison ivy buddy-comedy with yuri undertones, but not if it looks like that.

Don't think so. Seems like it would be fun to read though.

There's this guy on deviantart who recreates a lot of her scenes from the comics on black and white.

Please do

I'd be willing to pay for the issues that aren't filler by other artists if it weren't for the fact that everything else Marvel does is such shit.

What the fuck is wrong with the artstyle? It's not fantastic, but it's clear who's who, the expressions they have on their face, and everyone looks like real people.

ha
I'd marry her and have her drive me bananas in a few weeks.
I'd have her call me
"Mister Jay!!!"

That 80s magpie freaked me out back then.
It was impossible to find her attractive and she seemed completely unpredictable in a bad way.

Keep her away from me.

Like pottery

Kill yourself you self important fucking faggot

You can go back to half/co/ anytime fellow redditor

The only real argument in this thread was about the suspension of disbelief being broken by the concept, and that's a fucking personal problem.

STOP MAKING IVY A LESBIAN REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Are you that same guy who kept shilling Gwenpoole for fucking ages? Every time someone says anything ill of Gwenpool it's pretty much copy-paste responses.

More like bisexual.

Morrison's Animal Man does it well. Gwenpool does not.
Gwenpool has been shit in every single appearance outside of her main book since there's no Gurihiru art to make up for the shit writing. Gwenpool has been shit in her own book because she is the worst elements of Batman, Deadpool and Kamala Khan rolled into one. Her character is inconsistent and the whole "she's from the real world!" schtick as never utilized well.
Stop shilling for your shitty fucking waifu

More like just really fuckin' horny.

Care to give examples?

I wouldn't mind if she's bisexual, but when they write her like a fucking girlfriend to Harley I get pissed. She can go around sleeping with whoever she wants, but her being in any kind of relationship is garbage, and even worse when it's the forced crap with Harley.

I personally think she should be asexual. I mean that in a sense shes a person revolted with humanity. Not sure why she sleeps around when shes a plant person outside of cheap sex apeal.

I agree entirely, but if they want to push the angle that she is sexually attracted to humans, Harley makes even less sense than the very notion does.

She could use seduction and fucking bargaining and to further her goals. Ideally, Ivy would be flirty with everyone, but as soon as she applies her toxins or accomplishes her goal, facade drops completely. Unfortunately, most writers ignore the fact that she is no longer human.

Only beings that Ivy should be genuinely attracted to, IF ANY, are the ones with connection to green, like the Swamp Thing.

Her fondness of Harley could be explained with Harley being a perfect mixture of willingness to serve, being easy to manipulate, and loyalty. Takin it into romance territory is just stupid.

I literally can't recall the last time DC writers remembered that Ivy is canonically supposed to have feelings for Batman.

I think the latest story I read where she shows any such inkling is from 1995.

I agree to that in principle. I mean at one point in time that was her concept. I mean a Poison rose. No matter how pretty doesn't care about you and will poison you.
Its just something I really don't see her doing for recreation. And least of all Harley Quinn.

In the days before Female Friendship was devoured by the armies of "They must be lesbians", I saw Harley's relationship with Poison Ivy just being an alternative to the Joker.
Ivy appreciated somebody to do her dirty work for scraps of affection, and Harley found comfort in a similar abuse cycle.

As much as Girls pretend otherwise (Especially the hip "Trendy" ones), they fucking love Twilight. That's a truth I know. Twilight or similar plot structure and when they see one character semi abusing another they go:

"Oh boy thats my shipping material!"

She's inconsistent in how she views the characters she interacts with. She's more than happy to mow down plenty of nameless characters, and even doesn't give half a fuck about named characters related to her little nerd/ghost/dog friend, but then suddenly cares about that nerd/ghost/dog despite him being the same as everyone else: A nobody without relevance to the Marvel Universe. Hell, half the people she spares makes no sense since as established in issues 1-4, killing is way easier and she likes doing it more.
She apparently knows all about comics, yet doesn't have the basic comic knowledge that "Miles Morales probably wouldn't like me murdering people". I don't even read Spiderblack's books and I know that, it's basic. Yet she forgets it and wonders why he gets upset with her because she's poorly written.
Her being from the real world was "subverted" when we found out she's just from an alt-reality where the 616 Universe is a comic book with perfect accuracy. Yet if that was true then that universe would be traversable and not as hard to get to as is claimed, and since it clearly still runs on Marvel rules, it would have a place within the Multiverse. But it's treated as some unique Universe with special rules, which shouldn't exist.
The fact that she appears in what-ifs and spin-offs also makes no sense since if she's supposed to be from the real world then how does she exist in alt-realities?
And that's not even getting into how they excuse her ability to beat anyone she comes into contact with because "It's easy to become superhuman and peak fitness in the Marvel Universe so she learned all the combat skills because real world because!". Characters have to be dumbed down and written out-of-character to make her competent: MODOK would have killed her right after killing her gay ghost dog friend, instead he becomes Mental Organism Design for BeingAFuckingRetard when she's on panel.

Is it "the Harley Quinn show" or is it possibly "Gothm City Sirens" which gives equal time to Pam and Selina?

I was gonna bring up Swamp Thing when the asexuality was mentioned. I believe they did this in the DCAU comic, flesh-tone Pam from the early eps was off honeymooning doing research with Alec Holland meanwhile green-tone Ivy from later eps turned out to be a clone who died. There was also a Justice League Action episode where Poison Ivy mind-controls Swamp Thing into attacking the Justice League, but she seems to legitimately care for him too.

I always wondered how the dynamic worked with the Gotham City Sirens when Catwoman got involved.

Why is DC/WB so obsessed with her now? Is it because of Suicide Squad's popularity? "Muh Tara Strong"? Feminism? Or is Paul Dini waifufagging way too hard these days by wanting her in everything?

Now that explains everything.

None of those are real criticisms. In fact, a lot of them are straight up wrong, like the "ability to beat anyone she comes into contact with" when she clearly got her ass-kicked by Batroc the Leaper in the second issue to point out her complete lack of ability.

What you've written is your reasons you hate the book. You hate the book because you see Gwenpool as a meme-spouting mary-sue, and nothing posted will dissuade you of that opinion. You are prejudiced against the book. You read the comic hating the character, and stopped reading the comic hating the character.

Notice how you just spout this line to every criticism anyone brings to the book. You're the worst fag on this board, even worse than Brockfag. God I hated Brockfag, but at least he was hype for a decent character and you could actually talk to the guy about the fucking book. There's no talking to you, since you're either mind-numbingly retarded or a shill. But more and more shit points to you being a shill.

You mean the same Batroc she outclasses almost immediately? You say it displays "her complete lack of ability" but she then goes on to fight major marvel heroes and villains with the upper hand at all times. And again, those characters are always out-of-character when in her books.
It's abundantly clear from the fact that you post in shifts, and from the reaction images you post to the shitty impact-font macros you post that are devoid of actual comedy, that you're paid to be here. Everyone wants you to leave.

Brockfag? Is that you? Have you come back to us?

However, more importantly,
Never happened. I looked through issues #2 - #4, when Batroc starts training her, and at no point does she immediately outclass him.

The vast majority of fights she gets into with major superheroes are losses on her part. She never bests anyone. Unless you can give me a moment in the comics when this happens, then you're full of shit, mate.

Perhaps you should have read a bit more, you missed the part where some of the squid alien men Gwen has been chewing through like nothing manage to subdue Batroc. And then Gwen takes those ones out too because everyone likes her and she's super good at all things
Is that right? I recall her beating AIM's "top henchman" because wacky, I remember her beating MODOK without even getting a scratch on her, I remember her beating the squidmen, I remember her stalemating Blade in a swordfight, and her managing to best Deadpool up until the book that mocked "lolmemes" characters went "lolmemes" itself and turned the fight around for Deadpool's favor. Hell she even managed to beat Paste Pot Pete, and her own evil future self who was so powerful she could create a dystopian future, she beat with the ending of Meet the Robinsons.

Aside from Deadpool, Gwenpoole has never actually lost to anyone. She CONSTANTLY bests people through one of two ways: Either she is just so super good at everything that she kills everyone, or everyone likes her so much they help her beat them or she convinces them to be her new best friend. Go ahead and find a moment where she legitimately loses.

You must've read a different comic, because Gwen doesn't even try to fight the squid aliens. At every opportunity she runs away. The only way she was actually able to defeat them was to threaten their Doombot employer into fighting them for her. I'm re-reading the issues as we speak. Gwen herself doesn't kill a single squid alien. Not even the dead squid alien that she posed with for a selfie that started the whole mess. That one, along with all the others in that ship, were killed by the MODOK's top agent.

Gwen dealing with the squid alien's revenge is the major end conflict of the first arc. The only way you could've interpreted it as "Gwen chewing through (them) like nothing" is if you never fucking read the comic in the first place.

Tumblr Quinn continues to be the worst character anyone working for DC ever conceived of. I hate being right.

Except for that part where she gets a giant robot because everyone likes her and then gets a bunch of goons wearing her stuff because everyone likes her to kill a bunch of aliens herself using her giant ship she knows how to use except doesn't except does.
So you admit you didn't read it? Because she kills what is pretty much the first one she sees lad. It's injured and she takes its gun to shoot it.
Who she then kills because she does.

Funny how you just tried to justify how shittily written it was by claiming she always runs from conflict and never actually gets into conflict, then claim that in itself is the major conflict.
Gwen never has to worry about them. She for all intents and purposes kills them, since she orchestrates each and every one of their deaths through how everyone does what she says for no reason.
Vincent only goes against the Squids because Gwen has the giant robot. The giant robot is destroyed? Ah well Vincent is still on her side for no reason because everyone likes Gwen. Even when she displays right then and there that she's a terrible person who nobody should like, everyone still likes her and she wins and hooray and Gwen.
I'll ask again: Outside of Deadpool, name a time she legitimately loses.

Ah well fuck me that's dead too.
That just makes it even better I guess, Gwen is more plot-armor than Batman and Deadpool combined and doesn't kill the squids, she just kills top assassins and never actually faces any danger at any point.
Way better

DINI IS A HACK AN MODERN BATMAN WRITERS CAN KISS MY ASS

Only instance I can recall is outside of the comics in that one episode of Batman: Brave and the Bold.

The only thing to limit her plot armor was more plot armor.

Mary sues often have a token beatdown.

You're both faggots, now go back to your Gwenpool general at and stop shitting up the thread.

Define "loses", because I have a feeling that under your definition, than no super-hero that has ever been created as ever "lost".

There's also Batman/Poison Ivy: Cast Shadows and a bit in Heart of Hush, if I recall correctly.

But yeah, it sadly seems to have somewhat fallen by the wayside in favor of the godawful Harley/Ivy crap. There's still bits here and there but nowadays the dyke contingent just wants Ivy to go full lesbo.

Under Gwenpoolhatefag's criteria, I think 90% of protagonists, never mind comic book heroes, would count as Mary Sues.
Now, you see America? THAT is a Mary Sue.

who

America Chavez
She has like 50 different origin stories by now considering how fucking autistically schizo her creator is or that's what I've been able to infer at least.

That reminds me I've got some America memes to work on.

A time someone beats her in a fight.
Deadpool only did it after she had the upper hand and he fourth walled in a cringey way and then they became best friends. Nobody beats her in a fight.

Stop pretending you're not the same guy Gwenfag.

Do you still have the impact font Heather Antos Macro that was completely unfunny?

Hey Holla Forums

you can see her buttcrack

I know right.

I just realized they got Maxie Zeus in there.

More like WHORE-ly Quinn. The redesign has always been a shit character. White Knight had the right idea to make her a separate person to "Dr. Harleen Quinzel".

One of the reasons why the redesign looks the way it does is because they wanted to move away from the black & red Deadpool colours, a measure made to make it less obvious that they're trying to make her DC's Deadpool.

Who came up with Ivy and Harley being dykes?

These guys.

hopefully that makes it into her character model so you see it whenever there's a behind shot

Correction: It was the fat guy on the right.

As far as I know, Harley and Ivy was apparently Dini's personal wank fantasy so he made it a reality.

I don't get it, did the punch connect with Hitler or did it miss?

They started out as friends, people liked their chemistry as a comedy group, watch their episode with Livewire kn the New Adventures of Batman and Robin. From there on due to the Internet's habit of pairing people for smut, the execs saw an opportunity. It isnt difficult to figure out especially for a newfag.

Well there goes my interest in her…

What they don't keep her at most BI?

Obligatory.

It is only visuals. It's not like Magpie is surrounded by homoerotic dancers, shouts randoms syllables for no reason, preaches about empowerment at every opportunity, and is obsessed with vaginal imagery. She just has a flashy outfit and a haircut that Lady Gaga used to have at one point.

Yuri is as disgusting as yaoi.

I know how she was in it; I was one of the apparently few people didn't hate Beware. I just can't look at her anymore without thinking of Gaga.

Shit man, I'm sorry for ruining that for you.

C-CUMMING

you know, the extra funny part about this is that the original punchline of "I'm very rich" still applies here.

I don't know about anything they been doing recently with her but, I could never believe her being a full lesbian. Bi, maybe but lesbian never.

What the hell is ZOK! supposed to sound like?

His punch slid up his chest to hit his chin.

Surprised there isn't any ss with Ivy and Robin.

What, you've never hit somebody and heard the sound "ZOK"?

John Romita Jr. used to use "VOK" a lot in Daredevil.

Just gonna dump here that I'm finally watching through BtAS. In the second season now, really enjoying myself. This show will probably be garbage, fuck it.

let me guess Tara Strong is going to voice Harley again.

I think they wanted Robbie for it.

I'm not sure if that's better or not.

Well, neither can act and neither are Harley but Robbie is less annoying overall.
I don't know why they can't just find a double for Arleen Sorkin. Surely it can't be that hard to find someone with her voice, or near enough

I thought Hynden Walch could serve as a double. She was decent in The Batman cartoon.

Pretty hot tho

/ss/ and Ivy are always a good combination.

>The reader MAY think they've had SEX

D

Cool
OH GOD NO. How. How could it be possible that the very best design for a character was the very first design.

I look at OP's picture, and for some reason, I would like to see this as a comedy done in the comedy style of Harvey Birdman.

I'd watch it.