How do you keep track of your collection?

How do you keep track of your collection?

How do you keep track of what you want in your collection?

Currently im just keeping lists in a notebook.

That's awesome man.

WOW what a fuckn NERD

its not mine. just something from google.
Taking good pictures is hard.

I only own ds 3ds wii u ps3 and ps4 games so its not exactly massive

I had to sell pretty much all my games growing up so yea

That and a house fire in 2008 destroyed my childhood collection so right now im repurchasing anything that I remember enjoying for more than 2 hours. it helps the local mom and pop shop only charges $4-$8 per game when it comes to xbox, 360, ps1, ps2, ps3.

Here is my list to buy as of today. it doesnt include my ps1 list which is easily 4 times the size of my 360 list. let me know if you think i may have missed something. i probably did.

Xbox
———————-
Spawn
Dino Crisis 3
Godzilla: Destroy All Monsters
Predator : Concrete Jungle
The Punisher
Soul Calibur 2
The Warriors

Xbox 360
——————–
Crackdown
Saints Row 2
Soul Calibur 4
Soul Calibur 5
Split/Second
Metro 2033
Metro Last Light
Destroy All Humans Path of Furon
Army of two
Army of two The Devils Cartel
Batman Arkham Asylum
Batman Arkham Origins
Battlefield 3
Battlefield 4
Battlefield Bad Company
Battlefield Bad Company 2
Bioshock
Bioshock Infinite
Call of Duty 3
Call of Duty 4 Modern Warfare
Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2
Call of Duty World At War
Call of Duty Black Ops
Call of Duty Black Ops 2
Call of Duty Black Ops 3
Deadpool
Def Jam Icon
Gears of War Judgement
Halo Reach
Halo 4
Kane & lynch
left 4 dead
Resident evil 5
SSX
Turok
Xmen Origins Wolverine
Conker Live & Reloaded

PS2
———————-
Tony Hawk Pro Skater 3
Tony Hawk Pro Skater 4
Tony Hawk Underground
Tony Hawk Underground 2
Tony Hawk American Wasteland
True Crime Streets of New York
True Crime Streets of LA
Twisted Metal Black
X-2 Wolverines Revenge
GTA 3
GTA Vice City
GTA San Andreeas

I have ff6/3, chrono trigger and secret of evermore still in the box/sealed. My friend had the same, but he opened his when he was a kid. I couldnt imagine how much they are worth. Most of my collection is at my parents. I usually just emulate if I care to actually play them again. I even modded a ps2 controller and a Snes controller to work for usb.

I have no idea why dudes would want that much shit in their houses.

From testing/ my experience, lag is a myth, elitist are fucking morons.

Well, I have a list

I hunt down games I want
If I can get a Physical copy i will get it.
If it´s too expensive I´ll get it as a dd.

So far, so goood

Because It´s fun user, deal with it

I keep a spreadsheet of what (physical) games I own, used to own, and am considering purchasing.

But user there are nice little adapters that cost like 8 bucks on amazon!

also yeah nothing is inherently better than original hardware but it is kind of cool i think.

Also, I keep my games organized chronologically by North American release date. (I'm not a weeb, so I don't import.)

This i never got into weebshit so the amount of games i want for the ps1 is drastically reduced by that.

Lel that's about 1.5 games nowadays

Oh yeah, you can use original hardware, just dont be a duck about it.
Adapters DO cause lag to some degree. It isnt hard to mod controllers at all now adays. You just soder in a chip and boom, done. Cheap knock off controllers are usually pretty shitty.

Whatever kid, most of those games are shit anyways.

I don't have room to display them so I've got them all in boxes numbered and then recorded in game collector.

I see someone´s a couch blob, keep them titties growing lardsack

My collection is very meager, I used to have a ton more scattered across my house and I'm still hunting them out.
I also recently purchased a PS2 and I still have a few games still waiting for delivery.

Note to self: Don't try to take panoramic

Fuck you faggot, I dont even own a couch you fucking noob.

Since we're posting collections, here's mine. I also have an N64 collection stashed in my TV cabinet, so it's not pictured here.

I would have many more PS2/360/NDS games, but I was rused by GoyStop as a child, I can't recall the sheer number of games I traded back in to them, just to get a new game…

And my copy of Avalon Code doesn't have the fucking manual, which irks me. But I just dropped $55 on a Like New copy that has everything with it though, manual, original case/cover, and even the ad insert(s) which is a fucking great price compared to the usual $70~$90 scalpers charge Dunno what I'll do with this other copy I have though. It's the game + original case & artwork, just no manual.

I just keep a list of the games I'm looking for on my phone. It makes it easy to remember what's worth picking up when I'm digging around in pawn shops and thrift storea.

How did you get that MGSV steel case?

As for my list, I keep an excel sheet on my computer listing what I have. And just a text document on my phone listing what I need to pick up. Sucks my bed is in the way so I cant really get a pic with the bottom shelf. GBA, and PSX stuff is down there.

Backloggery.com

I practically stopped buying physical games, but it's good to track which games I played/beat.

Living as a minimalist isn't easy

Why are you minimalist, user?

Bumpan, I wanna know too

why even live?

HE'S GONNA TAKE YOU BACK TO THE PAST

Moving forward in my life. I loved my collection, I really did. But it just sits there all day looking pretty. I always have to have space for it, I can't really take it with me if I go anywhere. I couldn't have it in a survival situation.

So I did the logical thing and decided to sell them. No more worry as to what will happen to them and no need or desire to add to my collection.

I'm using the money to buy a gun and fix my car so I can have that much more freedom.
Besides, I can pirate or play most of the games I want from my computer.

That's true, but I can't let go of my collection because it feels like one of the few things in this world that is "mine" and mine alone. Not to mention great conversation starter for when friends are over and we pop in some shitty anime fighter out of curiosity.

Easy really.

What do you do if you want to play a new game?

why so bitter, mantits?

You made fun of him being a fat fuck and he took offense to the suggestion he owned a couch. It's called a joke dipshit.

Ah collections. Must be great for countries with space like the US (you could put a million Mexicans in Kansas and no one would ever know).

I'll take digital piracy.

i keep the discs in a binder

if i grew up with it, or i wanted to play it, i buy it

I had over 300 games in my collection and I decided to cull them down to about 5-15 must keeps per system. I did this when the digital classics were announced and was glad I did, I sold the majority of them for more than I paid for them since they were mostly used. They looked great on a bookshelf. Now, they are tucked away, and I've no idea what to do about them. Some are very valuable still, and some I don't think I could ever let go of. Perhaps I will bury them with me and thousands of years later some coffin raider can stare at the neat cover art while banging my bones.

I just download entire romsets, compress them well, and keep them on my 5TB HDD. there are even full sets of PS1, Dreamcast, and Gamecube ISOs available to torrent now. there are also some huge sets of manuals and boxart to go with all those games.

I hope someday someone will upload a huge collection of thousands of Windows game ISOs and a set of manuals and boxart.

I don't, really. Although I have been meaning to push some personal projects to do just that.
To first reclaim all the things i've lost over the years.
Maybe grab physical copies of games I only own digitally now (where possible).

I don't know though…I like video games but i'm not some obsessive over them.
In fact, most people that end up like OP's post end up selling all that shit off eventually.

whoa there faggot, Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 2 and 3 for Xbox are the superior versions. they have exclusive levels.

in fact just about every multiplat is better on Xbox because it had much better hardware than PS2.

do you not own a PC? you could buy a new graphics card with the money you saved not buying all those xbox 360 games.

What's the better way to keep your game cases?

Vertical any day

Thanks user. ill make sure to get xbox versions.

I have a PC and already own 99.9%of those games on my pc but i want more than a steam license. plus I have the disposable income to make stupid purchases

Vertical and this is a fact. the disc does not last as long horizontally.

I would only use the way on the right if I had them on an enclosed shelf, so that way I wouldn't risk knocking down the whole damn stack. Without a decent, enclosed shelf I'd go the way on the left

Left obviously. Well I say that, but situation usually makes it necessary to first fill a shelf the left way and then stack games that don't fit on top of them the right way.