Dreamcast 2

cinemablend.com/games/Sega-Dreamcast-2-Wants-Answer-PC-Gamers-Wishes-106737.html

twinfinite.net/2016/02/the-dreamcast-2-project-has-segas-attention-havent-had-a-negative-response/

So is this a thing or….?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sega_development_studios
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Archive nigger
unless cinemablend isn't cancer but it looks like a normalfag mainstream non-news tabloid site so I don't know

Better luck NX time Sega.

I just hope they do what nintendon't and actually get a healthy number of launch titles for the system.

So does this mean Shenmue 3 becomes a Dreamcast 2 exclusive?

It's more of a third party console idea for something that can play old SEGA games and some new-gen games too. The higher ups of SEGA aren't involved in anyway. It's just an idea by some fanboys/interns for a kind of Retro-Duo style device.

Seems more like they're saying it's an emulation machine for Dreamcast/Saturn.

It's fucking nothing

Those seem like very legit sources.

Unfortunately, I do not know the Holla Forums approved sources for things. I've stopped caring since every source you ever post will just get >>>>>>>>>> anyway

I don't really keep up with the emulation scene, but wasn't Dreamcast pretty straightforward? I can't imagine it doesn't have good emulator support.

I'm pretty sure they ported a lot of Saturn classics to Xbox Live Arcade. I don't know the state of Saturn emulation but I know years ago it was considered pretty spotty.

That's why you use archive.is, nigga. Stop giving cancer sites views and ad revenue.

I think what they're trying to do is make a machine where you don't need to purchase these games from X-Box Live or Steam or Nintendo E-Shop.

I doubt that SEGA will slap their name on the console, but it seems like some people at SEGA think it's a nice gesture at least

That's called a PC and it already exists.

Do we really need another console that does the exact same thing as the others?

Only way I'd be interested in this would be if they had helped Valve make the Steam Machines, maybe then they wouldn't have been such a fucking failure.

Yes, competition is always a good thing, it forces competitors to do better or lose their marketshare. This is basic economics.

there is literally no reason for console gaming to exist when PC gaming exists. it is inferior in literally every possible way.

Absolutely nothing has improved since Microsoft got into consoles. Standards have only gone down. Capitalism only works if people refuse to buy bad products, which they don't.

Yeah because we've seen how much the competition between Playstation and Microsoft has improved the current state of vidya games

Sony & Microsoft are competing?

They used to, at least with 360 and PS3

They all have online play and digital downloads. So no, I wouldn't say absolutely nothing.

Now imagine how terrible things would be if it was only one or the other.

Yeah, what an improvement. Thanks microshaft

As opposed to no online at all.
We weren't talking about prices here, but more competitors would tend to drive the prices down. Video games are cheaper than they were 20 years ago when you take inflation into consideration, even though they're exponentially more expensive to produce.
Those were always a PC thing, consoles never had any updates at all. If they shipped a game with some bug, it would stay with the game forever.

user I get your point but none of this is objectively good

Okay, go play all your glorious cuban games then.

what

It's a super-duper totally subtle hint that without competing firms, there likely wouldn't be any notable game developers.

There aren't any notable game developers

Needs an endearing gimmick like the Wii U.

Mojang would beg to differ.
But seriously, what the fuck are you even doing on the board?

This has happened so fucking much, if you fall for this still you deserve the disappointment.

I wish SEGA came back, but since all the talent from the 90's is long gone, there's no chance.

What the fuck are you talking about
If you said platinum maybe I'd have agreed, but fucking Mojang?

It's more of a pain given the Windows integration of sorts (I believe anyway). Games like Half Life can't run on emus due to most missing it. Only example that comes to mind.

Saturn is never going to be properly emulated, and it doesn't help the one good emulator requires fucking mounting discs to play them.

THE DREAMCAST 2 IS A NIGGER

Not after their last 2 or 3 games. Fuck them with a rake.

They're doing fine. Not everything can be amazing.

SEE? HE'S A NIGGER!

No.

And if you didn't know it was know just based on the logic of how much it would require for a company to get back in to hardware with no resources related to it, then you should have know when you checked the original source of the story and realized it was a FUCKING PETITION.

It's literally a PC with inbuilt Saturn and Dreamcast emulators. What a waste of money.

Jesus, it's late/early.

THIS IS NOT A THING. IT'S FULL OF SHIT

PATRICK LAWSON IS A FUCKING CRAZY AUTISTIC NIGGER. LOOK AT THE TROUBLE HE CAUSED ON THE SEGA-16.COM FORUMS UNDER THE NAME "MRSEGA" OR TORNADO1994 ON YOUTUBE. HE KEPT CAUSING DRAMA AND CONSTANTLY LYING OUT OF HIS FUCKING DUMB NIGGER FAGGOT MOUTH SCREAMING THAT SEGA WILL REFORM UNDER THE NAME SEGA ORBI ENTERPRISES. HE IS A STUPID FUCKING NIGGER.

HOLY FUCK THIS IS NOT A THING. THE WHOLE TEAM IS FILLED WITH A BUNCH OF AUTISTIC LIARS.

so fetch tumblr lingo fam

I was replying to OP you dumb fucking nigger. You have to be a fucking retard to believe this will actually happen when the plans and spec sheets make no fucking sense.

Go kill yourself nigger. Read what OP asked.

Yeah, just like it was on PS3.
Wait a minute.

Learn to fucking read. I was clearly replying to OP you dumb nigger and all the stuff I said was true. This whole Dreamcast 2 thing is bullshit.

His name isn't Lawsen. It's actually Lawson. Robin Ek from The Gaming Ground couldn't spell his fucking name right, even though Lawson was on his comments section with his full name. Robin Ek is a dumb faggot cunt.

But my uncle works at Sega and said they are working on a new Sega 128 bit system the controllers will be Genesis ones but with dual sticks in the middle.

you linked twice instead of the second one being OP, you dumb spic

you're a slow one, aren't you?

GIRTH!
PERSPIRE!
PINNED!
BLOTTER!
FART!

GO FAGGOT!

BY YOUR POWERS COMBINED HE IS CAPTAIN FAGGOT

CAPTAIN FAGGOT, HE'S A QUEERO
GONNA SUCK THE SEMEN DOWN TO ZERO
HE'S YOUR FAGGOTRY MAGNIFIED
AND HE'S FUCKING ON THE FAGGOT'S SIDE

CAPTAIN FAGGOT, HE'S A QUEERO
GONNA SUCK THE SEMEN DOWN TO ZERO
GONNA FUCK HIM IS IT ANY WONDER
HE LOVES THE COCK AND STRONGEST CUMMERS

YOU'RE GAY FOR THIS CAPTAIN FAGGOT

YOU'RE THE FAGGOTEERS
YOUR BALLS CAN'T BE BLUE
CAUSE FUCKING THIS BOARD IS WHAT YOU WANT TO DO
ENGROSSING AND SHITPOSTING IS NOT THE WAY
SO HEAR WHAT CAPTAIN FAGGOT HAS TO SAY

come back when you have more relevant sources and footage of a prototype in action, faggot

Archiving actually helps sites.

Block all ads, trackers and analytics.
Then go to the site.
Now you're costing them money.

Actually there is.

A gaming PC is expensive (€1500) and nowadays people dont need PCs anymore since a cheap laptop can do everything. PC sales have been declining for years.

You're just a dumb nigger trying to start shit over nothing. I made no mistake, you're just a fucking nigger.

Stop posting Smug Piplup in every thread
You're autistic and have bad opinions every time I see the image

that's the laziest attempt at damage control I've seen

The problem is there is no competition. The only "competitors" are sony/microsoft. Nintendo isn't and cannot compete with them, nobody uses Linux or steambox, and PC/steam may as well be microsoft anyhow.

We don't live in a world of competing firms within the video game industry. Once corporations get to a certain size and level of market control you get monopoly.

All the large corporations collude to make more profit for them all, which invariably leads to stagnation and shit games. You will occasionally get innovation (since these corporations are still technically 'competing' with one another) but it's the gimmicks and lackluster advances in graphics (which are almost non existent these days anyway) rather than driving down prices for games, having better gameplay, giving free online to entice people, taking genuine risks instead of rehashing, and generally improving the state of games in general rather than just improving their profits.

You're delusional if you think Microsoft is colluding with Sony. What kind of deal did they take that would make their console look like the biggest piece of shit with no games?

Yeah nah mate, SEGAs been dead for a while, the only expensive console is the Saturn which you can get hardmodded for about $100-150. Everything else is either emulatable (Megadrive, Mastersystem, handhelds, Sega CD) or has no antipiracy measures (Dreamcast). Even then, the console would essentially be a Sonic Boom machine because SOJ would never bring Yakuza to the filthy gaijins nor would they revive old franchises. We live in the worst timeline, get used to it.

What we are seeing is the actual evolution of consoles. Literally becoming PC rigs.

MUH MICROSHIT RIG IS BETTER THAN YOUR SONYPONY RIG
NUH UH MY SONYPONY RIG IS BETTER THAN YOUR MICROSHIT RIG
And Nintendo will be selling their next console Wii On U

I don't see the issue being collusion and monopoly.
One primary issue is that the larger companies are run by marketers and suits, not those who give a damn about or understand games.

Perhaps collude is too much of a word to use. I don't mean to say that they are conspiring together, but they have a monopoly on the market and they share interests. So they don't rock the boat in terms of innovation. If one company radically changed their strategy in a way that would help consumers and weaken their profit margins in an attempt to appeal to a larger market share, the other company would be possibly forced to follow suit, thus helping none of them.

Monopoly can be seen in all industries.

How is that hard in any way, though? That's what you do for PCSX2, just in the emulator instead of mouting a virtual drive.

Star Fox I get, but pretty much everything else is a decent game. What are you complaining about?

It's only slightly less of a waste if those emulators don't suck. Given the state of the shitty emulators used for the Sega stuff that got put on Steam, I don't have high hopes. I'd love a Saturn emulator with an option to increase internal resolution. Fighters Megamix and Virtual-On would be fun.

Yes, that would be an issue in regards to quality of gameplay and consumer focus etc, but the reason they are run by marketers and suits is because they are massive corporations that have a monopoly on the industry.

The issues are linked directly.

Low quality bait.

M8, not everyone lives in the US where hardware can be picked up on the side of the road and play modern games. It's expensive as hell to import to some European countries.

Said the faggot from r/pcmasterracce

itll be doa

Get >>>/out/

I didn't like this idea when it was called The Phantom and I don't like it with a SEGA sticker slapped on either.

The Dreamcast was interesting hardware. This is not.

Does it have a PowerVR video chip at least?
Actually PowerVR should stop printing money with smartphone video chips just to make a PC GPU to compete with the AMD/NVidia duopoly.

Same with Spic America
Income is lower and prices are higher (more higher when you take into account shipping)
Like he said, not everwhere is United States (or Japan)

If it actually happens it could stop the console market from dying but I doubt it'd happen

See, you say that sarcastically, but remember all of the shit Microsoft was going to do with Xbone? Sony came out and said "We're not doing that and our console is cheaper" and then Microsoft shit a brick and hastily changed their entire PR spin and shit.

It didn't make Sony better because apparently they were going to do something similar with the whole used games thing, but they saw the reaction from consumers and changed it. They didn't have to, but it was the easiest way possible at the time to compete with microsoft and it worked. Competition may have just saved used games.

WEW

Not sure why you had to remind everyone about this. It's stupid as fuck, since it has basically nothing in common with any sega console. Not that that's a surpise since it isn't one, but I don't even play fucking PC games and I'm guessing the people that do would rather build one themselves. I hope Japan tells them to fuck off.

It's shit, you have nullDC which is shit, Reicast whic h is only half decent on android or Demul which is a total piece of shit despite being able to boot and play most games.

Yabause is getting some new fixes recently but it's still shit, SSF still requires malware to run disc images and the person that made Mednafen PSX is making a new Saturn emulator from scratch.

I they sell that thing with either compatibility for both of those or the ability to get the complete library on it they win.

Right, but the standard controllers today also have four shoulder buttons. You can just map the buttons onto something else.

Isn't SEGA starting to port all of their back catalogue onto Steam anyway?

I think you're grossly overestimating the market for old SEGA games. And there's still no rational explanation why SEGA wouldn't just port their games to PC/Steam or release an official emulator/app store for PC/mobile.

So this is like the Neo Geo Gold or did they fire everyone from SoJ and brought Kalinske and friends back for round two?

I keep hearing this but as far as I know that's only a rumour.

my problem with any new console with the Sega name on it is, the Sega of today is not the Sega of back then.

Back then they had lots of independent teams on which it depended to make it's arcade and console hardware businesses viable, the free running of ideas from the arcade division and the breeding of talent from the console divisions made Sega into a software giant.

Now, what's left of their software teams? Their portfolio since 2004 is shameful.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sega_development_studios