Did they ever explain how Kuvira became such a bad-ass fighter?

Did they ever explain how Kuvira became such a bad-ass fighter?

Azula was a prodigy and so was Amon, for example. But Kuvira just gets introduced as some standard mook working for Suyin at the end of Book 3 and then somehow manages to wreck almost everyone she fights in Book 4.

Now that I think about it, same thing goes for Zaheer and his magic airbending skills.

Other urls found in this thread:

avatar.wikia.com/wiki/Transcript:Skeletons_in_the_Closet
pastebin.com/AvW35U8u
noselfcontrol.deviantart.com/art/Water-Tribe-001-69837313
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Zaheer was just a Windaboo.
Him airbending is like some weeb doing the Naruto hand shit all the time until they can do it pretty well then one day the magic actually happens, it was the same with him and airbending forms.
Kuvira a shit though.

They also show that Zaheer gets absolutely annihilated when face with someone who can actually airbend, and the fact that Korra was unable to beat him 1 on 1 using 3 elements while Tenzin almost did it on his own using only air just shows how shit the show really was.

Wasn't Kuvira gotten floored the first time we saw her?

Korra season 2 was fanfic.net tier.
Season 3 was 24 with Korra Bauer but it wasn't Avatar and season 4 was a rushed mess.
In a perfect world, Korra is just an epilogue movie comprised of the best of season 1.

This. LoK's biggest problem is having Korra take down a firelord every season for 4 seasons. Either there exist a non-fucked version of the script or the editor did a lot of the heavy lifting.

How was Tenxin's airbending anyway? Compared to Aang at least? In fact, how was Aang's airbending?

Korra truly shits in everything TLA did. But I was wondering, when TLA went on Nick, they planned all the 3 seasons in one go? I mean, say they only gave you 1 season as approval, what were they going to do? Just cut the story? I wouldn't have minded, but it makes you think. Season 1 LoK was pretty shitty on itself, but mostly because it was rushed specially that god awful ending. I think you can pick bits of the 4 seasons and make a decent show, though.

when are we getting the next avatar anime?

Amon being able to spiritbend through bloodbending was garbage. It's an example of how Bryke couldn't figure out to make the lead villains threatening to the Avatar and her posse without resorting to making them have gimmicky bending that repeatedly breaks the rules TLA established (Amon's bloodbending that's more or less spiriting bending, Unalaq/Vaatu's dark spirit bending or whatever it was, Zaheer's airbending that lets him fly when he's sad, Kuvira's giant robot).

Zaheer was as weak as every other LoK lead villain. He had gimmick bending and a garbage case for his actions (muh chaos).

Season 4 felt like it was scraped together in the last minute. Amon was good enough villain to work with. Having the Equalist take over the city so easily is where the plot started to be fucked. What if they expanded the idea of the city being too oppressive in a reaction to the Equalists? What if they explore the death of national identity? Prior to WW1, monarchies around the world were crumbling. In the industrial revolution, there was rapid progress and wealth inequality was a big problem. They could have a thing about spirituality slowly dying. Have dojos where the teachers know nothing of their own culture. Explore the spiritual aspect to non-benders (not the giant blue Korra BS).

There were differences between the beta and final product (Toph being male and a rival for Aang over Katara, Iroh being a villain, Aang apparently leaving with Momo and Appa to find more airbenders) but the overall plot direction is intact.

Bryke always had the option the option to do more than one season for LoK. The notion that Nick's executives forced them to do only one season in Book One is just Bryke's apologists in action.

It was decent enough explanation but Amon was already strong enough of an opponent without bending. She and Mako shouldn't be able to beat him. Maybe they should have made Amon hate bending so much that he is only willing to use it to remove bending or defend against other blood benders like his brother. Maybe have Korra get enraged and nearly beat Amon to death in public (have the bending be unremovable and have Amon remove the bending one of the members of Tenzin's family) martyring Amon and adding more suspicion to their claim of him being a blood bender.

The whole idea behind the bloodbending twist was that Bryke supposedly wanted part of the mystery behind him to be how a non-bender was able to get the better of benders in a fight.

The problem is most people watching the show weren't even asking that question because the series already made a habit of making non-benders implausibly badass and able to get the better of benders on a regular bass. Hell I think a lot of people still don't realise that Amon was using subtle bloodbending to make people think he could fight without bending since it was only mentioned as a throwaway line by Mako at one point.

When?

True. However in this show, metal benders are super OP and swords or spears are useless unless it is made of platinum which they have a ridiculous amount of.

avatar.wikia.com/wiki/Transcript:Skeletons_in_the_Closet

When he says:

No it wasn't. Hama showed never showed such absurd ability. Not to mention it made Aang bothering to learn spiritbending (itself poorly handled) a waste of time when he could have bloodbended Ozai and called it a day.

Either don't make him a bender or keep him one but make his inner circle know that and tone down the Anti-Bender element of the Equalists. If he gets exposed, he can say that he never denied being a bender and holds himself to the standards for other benders.

We already had a way (the chi-blocking done by Ty Lee, spiritbending possibly). Just make it so that Amon learned spiritbending from Koh or whoever.

I don't want one.
At least not until the writers get changed.
All of them.

How the hell would a group based on Tibetan Monks accept faggotry?

The problem with bloodbending to remove bending is that it ultimately made no fucking sense. It implies that bending is a physical attribute, but also that it has an internal on-off switch of some kind that no one else knew about, and also that it's something that the Avatar Spirit can undo with normal spiritbending, which makes even less sense…

The whole fucking thing was dumb in ways that should not have happened, but only did happen because writers like Aaron Ehasz weren't involved at all with Korra.

Well, they did all die out. But Sozin was a big name villain of the series, so of course they'd dump as many "negatives" as they can think on him; God forbid anyone else having differing opinions on the matter.

Because Mike and Brian, the infamous duo behind the “Korra was always lez, you just couldn’t see that through you Hetero lens.” announcement, still had some piss in their bladders that they had yet to expel on the ashes of the Avatar franchise.

The narration says they long accepted it. Not that it was Aang making his monks more liberal.

Makes sense, Sozin cared about the state of the Nation and desperately wanted to bolster the strength and numbers of the Fire Nation. The Fire Nation outlawed homosexuality and was an industrial powerhouse, despite only possessing a fraction of the power the Earth Kingdom had during Roku's reign as Avatar. The Air Nomads tolerated it and were wiped out, their last survivor was forced to racemix just to keep his progeny alive.

Kuvira's over-reliance on technology always bugged the hell out of me. She's a bending villain, she shouldn't use as much of it as she does with all of the walking mechas, giant robots, airships and stuff.

The giant robot especially felt like something that the Equalists would come up with to even the odds against the Avatar. After all, it's one thing to beat up chi-blockers left and right with the Avatar State, it's a whole different ballgame when they throw a big-ass robot that fires death lasers at you.

Speaking of chi-blockers, it always annoyed me how they dropped them being such a major threat to Korra after two of them wrecked her and Mako in the beginning of the third (or was it fourth?) episode of Book 1. It felt like something unique at the time, having henchmen that weren't throwaway jobbers.

It also doesn't excuse the fact that season 1 was shit as well. In fact, if they thought they were only getting one season it only makes the first season look worse in retrospect.

Wow I never knew this. Got a source on it.

I felt the same way about them. Something you can teach to any regular person that they could use to overpower a bender? That could have easily continued on.

They made a 15+ minute video just talking about the rules of that game, and yet after all that it only appeared in Book 1 and still hasn't been adapted to video game form where it could possibly be redeemed.

Pro-bending would have been a good mechanism to explore how the world is becoming less spiritual and ancient martial arts have become a spectator sport. You know, if they bothered to use their kung-fu wizards meets roaring twenties setting and didn't just write shitty teen love triangles.

OK..I know this isn't the right thread for it but where else can I talk about this…so, some ideas have been kicking around about retconning Wan being the first Avatar so I got a suggestion for the first Avatar story…what if it's set during the time in history of the world that sorta kinda resembles the Three Kingdoms era? Like the world is in turmoil what with the 4 different powers warring with each other and the first Avatar happened to be the one who ended it? Heck, make interesting by having the folks back then being able to Energy Bend (since it was mentioned in Last Airbender that before the era of the Avatar, folks actually energy bend and not bending elements)

They're making a board game with it instead. Taking it to kickstarter, of course, because a big franchise with millions of fans needs to e-beg these days.

Wan isn't the first avatar in my heart. And also my brain, since everything Korra tried to add to bending and the avatar mythology was fucking awful (everyone got bending powers from the tutles dude lmao).

But it is part of the Platinum Korra game.

I was more disappoint about how Liu Ten just sort of vanishes without a trace. Like "Oh, shit Amon's a bender? Fuck this I'm gonna go start a farm!" I don't know why his lack of closure bugs me so much.

The Equalists' conflict was settled in a cheap way. Even if Amon was exposed as a Bender, that wouldn't make the bloodthirsty army he amassed just pack up and go home. That would make them even worse since they''d have the stain of being manipulated by a bender. Having a non-bender become president wouldn't either since he'd just be an exception.

Or they'd just claim it was a fake and that the government had him murdered(by Korra specifically?) and then faked a "revelation" about his identity to discredit them.

Also didn't anybody find it weird that a council was replaced by a single mayor? Instead of a bunch of people to debate on what to choose they hand over all the power to one guy?

Tbf the mayor was democratically elected while the council members weren't elected but just represented the different nationalities living their. Neither is perfect in my opinion but I can see the reasoning.

Right, so why not just hold an electorate? I think it would be neat, so maybe just have the selection not be ethnicity based but merit-based, so they don't give a rats ass what kind of bender you are. Like a Technician Councilman Public works, peoples commons.

Something like that. But I guess 1 guy is a lazy visual shorthand.

Heck, I would've bought it that Liu Ten is actually a spy working with a real Amon…and then reported back how the impostor was taken down.

I think this one was pretty good, actually, considering how little it was known about air nomads, and the "inhibit yourself from all chains" thing was a recurring theme in Earth Book in the original run. My only complain about Zaheer is his motivation, even though all the villains in that season were pretty good and exploited sides of bending that were there but were barely explored. I think lavabending was a bit out of the ass, but plausible still.
This one sounds good on paper but the execution was fucking stupid. I understand Kuvira leading a revolution, but a giant robot is retarded.

All of this could have been used to make a decent season in LoK.
And most characters and stories would still fit under this scenario, Varrick would have work for both teams, Asami would have been conflicted, team avatar would have been temporally separated and had to face their own demons, Amon could be end game along Zaheer, spirit world would have played an important part too. It's just so simple, if only Bryke wasn't a fuck. How was TLA so coherent compared to LoK?

Even in book 1 the rules of that game simply didn't make any sense.

That would be interesting.

The only thing I don't like about your suggestion is how airbenders just magically appear. That bugged me in the show where Korra fucks around in the spirit world and opens the portals this somehow brings back airbenders? What is the reason or logic for this?

That becomes less impressive when you recall how every season after he got the job went out of its way to paint him as some two-bit politician getting in the way of Korra with her posse. Even when he had had a strong case for doing his actions (be it banning Korra for both help opening the portals and refusing to close them even after being told about the havoc linked to them or surrendering to Kuvira in light of her overwhelming force).

Aang went a whole series without flying. And he was established as a prodigy at airbending. For Zaheer to just fly around when seriously no other airbender had done so on-screen was garbage and transparently making him special like every past LoK lead villain. Which goes in line with this post>>942866.

They Red Lotus were all gimmicky characters. And an obvious retcon since they were never mentioned before Season 3 despite being the dark with edgy counterpart of the White Lotus that Unalaq (another poor villain) was also a member of in an obvious transparent effort to make them look more credible as villains.

The airbenders popping up from random nobodies really amounted to having a way for there to be a villainous airbender without making him connected to Aang. Bumi being an airbender didn't amount to beans. Neither did whoever else became one.

whut?

R A E P
A
E
P

Supposedly, the world without airbenders was at disbalance and since the spirit world is all about balance, airbenders started to reappear forcefully to keep balance that otherwise wouldn't have happened with the spirit world closed. The problem with it is that it contradicts the LoK in how bending powers work, as show in the previous season, but I like the concept on itself, since I fucking hate Tenzin's family outside of Jinora and I'm glad the world doesn't depend on them to keep nomads around.
If you want an explanation as to why they got the powers, consider how the spirits started to spread through earth, so something like the "energy" that was lacking from the air benders also started to wander and get into random people that didn't have any bending.

Was he? I asked here if Aang was any good at airbending and there was no answer. As I see it, Aang was the standard air nomad, not exactly a prodigy, and if he was it was probably because he was the Avatar. Aang doesn't seem to know that much about his own culture either, at least not at the extent Zaheer seemed to know, since he was practically obsessed with air nomads. As I said, he exploits not only the little we know about the Air Nomads but he also implements concepts previously explored like leaving all your chain behind, I liked that he could fly only after losing his girlfriend, which is more or less what Aang had to do to reach the Avatar state in Book 2.
You can say the same about absolutely anything in LoK, honestly. As I said, it's all about taking the good bits and make a good presentable story about them, and I think Zaheer is one of those good parts.

He was repeatedly shown as a skilled airbender.

Aang already could turn Avatar State. He didn't just get a shiny new superpower.

He's just as poorly written as Unalaq. And Kuvira.

Reminder that the Avatar brand is more or less dead. The movie stabbed it, Korra made it bleed out until it died. Nowadays there's little actual interest in the series once you stop looking at tumblr and waifufags.

And I could not be happier. How many franchises can rest with a Happy Death? No Prequels, no more sequels, comics that are pretty easily dismissable.

Rejoice, for the dead can rest content.

I would agree except Avatar was murdered by Korra. It'd be different if it ended with The Last Airbender, but the franchise lost what goodwill it had from the first series and now has to sink into tumblr.

Yeah, but unlike Star Wars for instance, it didn't murder the Original with cheers from the Audience ensuring that it will now be allowed to wear the skin of its original as a suit.

It was underplayed and sometimes forgotten, but Aang was actually a master Airbender at the start of the series and later, possibly one of the most powerful airbenders in the entire history of the Air Nomads.

Sure, he invented the technique, but all the other nomads his age replicated it in an instant, which is why I insist he was pretty standard, with some imagination, or are you telling me his trick was somehow outstanding?
He was a weeb and in peak psychical condition, and considering how Tenzin kicked his ass he wasn't that good either. The whole flying thing it was a lost and ancient technique, and it had more to do with knowledge and spirit something the nomads were particularly good at than raw skill.
He couldn't control it, and the point wasn't gaining a new power but exploring a previously mentioned power.

This. TLA on itself was pretty self-contained and honestly it did not need any more development. There were some things left open like Zuko's mom, but nothing worth reviving the serie for. Even their attempts to fill those holes were terrible.

Any actual prove of that? My point being, Kyoshi was mostly an outstanding bender because she was the avatar and her own psychical strength. Most Avatars take advantage of the fact to apparently enhance their strength. I give you that Aang wasn't overly reliance on his condition as an avatar, but most of the amazing things he did was probably because of that, just like previous avatars.

Next you'll be saying inventing the television isn't impressive since any decent enthusiast could build one. Or even Toph's metalbinding isn't when random cops in Republic City were doing it.

He wasn't. Doesn't matter what some Mary Sue character does in a garbage sequel.

Since many many years passed before Aang invented it, yes.

It was a gimmick to make Zaheer more threatening since Bryke couldn't ever figure how to have threatening lead villains in LoK without them having gimmicky bending. There isn't anything that makes it better than Unalaq's dark spirit bending.

Hit the nail on the head. That’s what made Korra seem disconnected from AtLA, all the villains had fan fiction tier gimmick bending. Look at Last Airbender, Zuko, Zhao, Azula, and even Ozai were just fire benders. Sure, Azula had her Blue fire and eventually lightening, but that was still just fire bending. Even people like Tai Li ( or however it’s spelled) with her Chi blocking still felt organic to the universe of the show.
The reason Amon was tolerated at first was because everyone assumed that his powers were related to Chi blocking or spirit bending, so it was just disappointing when it was revealed to be blood bending without a full moon Unalak was underwhelming because he was a secondary villain in an arc that not only destroyed everything that had been established about the series mythos in Last Airbender, but also one whose payoff was a spirit kaiju fight. Not to mention that all of Whorra’s past lives got shoa’d so we’re stuck with the cunt without hope that Aang or Roku or Kiyoshi would appear. Never watched season 3 or 4 so I can’t comment on them.
Tl;dr: Watch E;R’s videos, he does a better job explaining it than I do.

Season 3 was Revenge of the Gimmick Benders 7: Gimmick Harder
Lava Benders, Combustion man powers without the interesting stuff, Flying Air Benders, and Water Hands benders.

Season 3 had a squad of gimmick benders who were the dark counterpart to the White Lotus that tried to kidnap Korra (this isn't mentioned or even hinted at in past seasons) with Unalaq being a member (also not mentioned and an obvious attempt to make them seem more threatening as villains). Season 4 had Girl Hitler in a giant robot.

I'm sure at least part of the issue is that they started the series where Korra already mastered most of the elements except for wind as a token flaw. She started the series already the most dangerous being in the world, and they had to scramble to find ways for her and her posse to be threatened. This gets worse when you account for the likes of Bolin (a poor man's Sokka) doing lavabending.

Yes. Being the first doesn't make you special. Someone else was bound to do it, and do it better too Not like all Air Nomads died anyway, but still. As for Toph, dunno if this was discussed itt or in another one, but metal bending is impressive only on TLA because Toph was not only the one who invented it but she was pretty much the only one who could do it since she felt the earth particles in the metal or something like that, and it lost complete relevance when it was overused in LoK. That's not exactly relevant to my point, though.
Nice proof, there wasn't a single instance where Aang was considering outstanding as an airbender beyond being the avatar, and he never did anything particularly outstanding with it outside of party tricks, and I don't see how those are even outstanding.
Other than dealing with shit that was already fucking seen or unexplored to the point that could have been exploited without destroying the lore, unlike the dark spirit bending? Zaheer was threatening enough before he got his flying power, fag.
Yes, the whole spiritual thing behind the chakra points and the inhibiting yourself from boundaries was PREVIOUSLY MENTIONED. Also, nice reddit spacing.

I give you lava bending as a gimmick, but how is combustion not interesting? Flying was an interesting point to explore considering how little is known from air nomads, and the water hands weren't new either.

BTW: I meant handled in a way better than "Mako, I decided to make the Earth Kingdom the United States of China."

Maybe make Amon not openly advocate for a world wide bending removal. In my head, a big reason why the Equalists weren't popular when Aang was alive is because most people of Republic City were still loyal to Aang.

If Aang isn't a a prodigy then she isn't either.

We never saw airbending flight wihout the aid of a device in TLA.

Against Korra?

Nothing about shiny new powers.

As already pointed out, Amon exposing himself shouldn't end the Equalists. The remaining leaders could say it was all staged by RC government.

Because it was pretty clearly a Chi Based thing. The Combustion man was this mysterious individual, with his metalic limb, and stoic, unyielding nature, almost terminator like presence.

The new Combustion Lady was just a regular lady, just with splosion power with none of his presence, and talked and blabbed just like everybody else.

So is lava bending considered earth bending or fire bending?

Honestly, the Equalist thing seems to only work in the context of Republic City.

I thought the Combustion Man's abilities were some weird form of firebending only he knew how to do.

And somehow it's worse than the endless runner segments.

Legend of Korra is fanfic tier storytelling that is unfortunately told by ATLA's creators

Korra has only one use now that doesn't make me angry.
>>>/vp/331

She was also another butch woman. Bryke had some issue with making the important women feminine (as in not bit characters) (Korra is a whore and acts like a thug before she gets her dyke hair, Lin's a hard spinster, Kuvira is Girl Hitler). That just leaves who, Suyin? Asami?

Earth, I would assume. All lava is is stone heated to the point that it becomes liquid.

He was the youngest master in the Air Nomad's history, and was recognized as such and recieved his tattoos at the age of 12.
Of course, LoK completely annihilates the prospect of this being special by having her bend 3 elements as a toddler and fully master them by 18. Then they make Jinora a master at 12 too.

Call me a Jinorafag, but it isn't entirely out of the realm of reality.
Aang was an easily distracted kid who would rather have fun than practice 7 out of every 10 times so him being a master at 12 makes him kind of a prodigy, Jinora was the "responsible type" character that was constantly training so it makes sense, as for the spiritual connection, I guess you can explain it by saying the spirits have personality and free will and they want to talk to her but it does drag her into some mild mary sue territory

Alright, you are one. The question isn't if they can (Which they always can because they are writers), the question is why do it.

Because all shonen anime suffers from escalation?

But the whole advantage of the generational reset with the new show was that they could avoid that with a new set of characters. In fact, that's the whole advantage of the setting in general, it can have tons of supplementary shows and media without treading on the toes of the original. That didn't stop Bryke from doing it anyway but still.

The really funny thing is that the show that does this mostly pretty well (The scaling and threat goes up and down depending on character) Jojo is a very old Anime.

I never understood that image, that's clearly the great wall of China and not Ba Sing Se.

I never noticed that until now.

All of the lavabending in TLA was done by the Avatar. With the obvious hint that it was something only the Avatar could do. LoK of course ruined this by having not just one of Zaheer's sidekick do it, but also a loser named Bolin.

It's embrassingly obvious that Korra was designed to be an Affirmative Action Avatar. Between her design (brown, dkyelike), characterization (shameless whore, acts like a ghetto exchange student), and the plot drilling into your head how amazing of an Avatar she is from the start. The characters, no, the series is tainted for it.

This is also the only way it makes sense, in order to make earth into lava using only earth you'd probably have to vibrate all the different pieces against each other until they reach a molten state, which would take an absurd amount of time. The Avatar has fire and earth, so it makes a lot more sense. That's something they could have explored more with an Avatar that's already mastered multiple elements: how they can be used in conjunction with each other for unique ways of bending. Fire and air to create larger blasts, lavabending, etc.

Waterbenders can change the state of water at will, so we now is possible to do so by knowing one element, and before Toph we didn't had any metalbenders which is learned by finding the imperfections in the metal by their vibrations, so it probably requires a lot of energy but technically anyone that can metalbend can lavabend.

I always thought metalbending was kinda gimmicky as well

Is not any less gimmicky than firebenders knowing to redirect lightning by using waterbending techniques, they all use the same rules, Iroh explained about learning from all four elements.

Jesus no it fucking isn't. Its how much depth and value is given to anything.

Avatar the Last Airbender was all about making bending a martial art. Chi-if you will. All about the actual moves, and weight. A fire bender using waterbending techniques conveyed that with energy and motion.

Korra both DUMPED those elements so Lava bending didn't distinguish itself from anything else.

The ultimate message from all the new types of bending that they showed off over time was that everything was connected, that all life and energy and elements intermingled in deep and spiritual ways. Korra threw that shit out the window and made them like mutant powers so Bryan and Mike could have their gimmicky Suicide Squad donut steel squad of baddies.

Despite all the different opinions here, everyone agrees that Korra is wasted potential…

I wonder if they're going to start singing a whole new world in that pic.

Go figure they made Korra a dyke when every male of note by the Season 4 ending was either a sexually non-threatening goofball an attractive woman can't respect, too old (and not in the Sean Connery way), or otherwise unworthy of Korra. She ran into the problem where you make the Strong Woman so strong she can't really take an interest in the men around her or it'll come off as she's settling for someone beneath her. Wonder Woman's in a way is another example of, where while Steve Trevor has his points you can still find a vibe in DC's fandom and content makers that Superman (see Injustice) or even Batman would be more worthy of her.

Actually I kinda like the way that fapfic writer handled this problem(beyond playing up Korra's fate as an half-crippled suffering-cow). Her husband is a Patrick Bateman rippoff who is just really good with knives.

One way to deal with characters like wizards who have a great deal of power but are no more durable than anybody else is to emphasize how easy it is to kill somebody. Sure she can make a mountain explode, doesn't matter if some 230lb brick shithouse of a man stabs her in the neck before she can blink.

This is where the PG nature of these settings and the base assumptions of capeshit have problems. Magneto can't stop a bullet he doesn't know is coming because that sumbitch moves twice the speed of sound. So why didn't anybody ever snipe his ass? Why not just just pitch a nuke into Apocalype's face?

That's the problem with any "strong womyn" character, they simply don't work as heroic characters, not unless there is a man that is equal or even stronger than them to pair them up with. That's how we are wired, unless you happen to be mentally ill (leftist) or some beta cuck that revels in his own inferiority.

That's because, again, both are superior than her, either in strength and intellect. It takes a truly diseased mind that rebel against every natural human instincts and produce a character like Korra only to realize they need to pair her up with a damsel because no other pairing actually works. Korra is living proof that a strong female protagonist that isn't for titillation is a narrative dead end.

I dunno, Martha Washington works. So does Halo Jones. The Courageous Princess. Battle Angel Alita. Ghost In The Shell and Appleseed and Dominion and the film version of Black Magic M-66 proves Shirow is a master at these non-sexual female protagonists.
The Rose of Versailles. Slaughterman. The second Grendel. Ennis and Ezquerra's Bloody Mary. Ravenwing from The Wandering Ones. Dang from Derelict. Colby from What It Takes. Melpomene from Clan Of The Cats. Flexia Bast. Marilith. Tank Girl.

Nah, you're full of shit. Sorry.

Take a gun and shoot yourself in the head. Do it for the good of the genepool.

They're all shit. Go be a betacuck someplace else.

I rest my case. Also how the fuck is the Majors body so strong when its just a little chicks with purely aesthetic parts like tits, ass, and hips. Some asshole who's just just a brain in a robot that looks like an ork stompa should be able to wreck her shit. Also apparently nobody knows how to turn off their wifi. Fuck cyberpunk cliche bullshit.

Because she's basically full cyborg, on top of being one of the few people that grew up switching from prosthetic body to prosthetic body. Batou even asks her straight up why she doesn't switch to a male body considering her line of work because it would be able to pack more muscle mass. In Arise it's made obvious that Batou is far stronger than her (and so are most male models), but she usually avoids direct confrontation and tries to fuck with their brains.

People can get ghost hacked (happens to Batou at one point) which can involve getting your body remotely controlled by someone else, getting your memories manipulated, etc.

Also, I find it hilarious that Korra pretty much is a male protagonist, only without the dick. That's about the only way a strong female protagonist can "work". Didn't the Rose of Versailles pull the same stunt as well?

Holla Forums rapefugee confirmed. Don't touch me you filthy casual. ree.

It's hilarious you're accusing other people of what you are guilty of, when it's blatantly obvious you never read anything Shirow made. Stop projecting so hard, it's embarrassing.

They might have fanservice, but they don't hook up with their male leads. And Sybil and Leona Ozaki aren't robots. It's hilarious, no, it's a little sad, when you accuse other people of being guilty of accusing other people of being guilty of, no, actually, you're just chicken-bucket retarded.

And what has that to do with anything you fucking idiot? I specifically said strong womyn don't work unless they are used for titillation, and Shirow had an orgy with only women simply because he refused to draw dicks. His manga are full of lewd scenes, and he's now almost exclusively making artbooks and manga about lewds and nothing else.

It's to be expected you're too stupid to tell two people disagreeing with you apart. Try to keep track, okay?

That's because a wall fell on his head in the Tokyo earthquake and now he can only draw shiney butts and girls with NAMBLA-approved narrow hips. And I'm sorry, all you Holla Forums faggots look the same to me. Little blue boxes full of words lol.

Strong female leads played straight don't work because no one wants them. Women sure as fuck don't since they just want some average looking bitch they can project onto and fantasize about two hot guys fighting over her, men don't want butch dykes but are okay with women fighting so long as they get their daily dose of tits and ass. The only demographic they appeal to are soycucks like Josh Whedon and Feig, bullied subhumans with testosterone levels so low most women are more manly than them, who only escaped a well earned suicide in high school by fantasizing about a mother figure coming in to save them from the bullies and having pity sex with them afterwards.

Korra failed to appeal to any kind of demographic, it's a schizophrenic, Frankenstein construct that exists because of ideology and propaganda, not a genuine wish to make a cool and memorable character, and once the writers realized they had basically written four seasons about a man with tits the only possible romantic outcome was to pair her with the damsel and pray tumblr would defend them from valid criticism, just as EA hoped "muh homos" would stop people calling ME3 shit.

I will never understand why leftists find it so hard to grasp that we have been doing some things the same way for thousands of years (in this case storytelling) because it works.

Fool! Doom does as he pleases. In Latveria, all comics have strong female leads who don't need no man. It is Doom's will!

Funny enough, The Last Airbender has some shades of this when you notice how much of the female part of the fanbase supports Zutara (KataraXZuko) well after the show ended. It wouldn't be too much of a stretch to say that girls watching it self-inserted as Katara and judged Zuko to be more attractive so they did that.

Do you have a better rebuttal than "they're all shit"?

Tip: Listing a bunch female protagonists doesn't counter the observation of how characters like Korra or Kim Possible are off for how they blatantly subvert how the sexes actually are. Any girl remotely as wonderful as them wouldn't bother with chodes like Bolin or Ron unless they got old and desperate. If they end up as single or a dyke, then that's showing the point harder (she can only get with another woman or look forward to catladyhood).

LoK by the series' end went full feminist and had the strong women be surronded by inept, crooked, or otherwise unfit males. Even in the first season this more or less happened:

Regardless of what they tried, it wasn't working. They had blundered on to the Wonder Woman issue. No man is going to be able take her in his arms and protect. No man could be the Conan to her Red Sonja.

Pretty sure. Notice how the most popular male ships by FAR for Korra are either Tahno (egoistical dick who is a skilled waterbender who could sort of match Korra), Amon (deep-voiced badass revolutionary who made Korra his bitch), Zaheer (super-airbender and cunning terrorist cell leader who nearly killed Korra) or Tenzin (wise mentor figure). All are able to challenge Korra in some way. Mako and Bolin aren't.

*much

What about this?

pastebin.com/AvW35U8u

It's sad that a fanfic of WaterTribe Zhao has better story & characters than Korra.

Forgot link:
noselfcontrol.deviantart.com/art/Water-Tribe-001-69837313

Gurl power, obviously. It's basically the whole point of the show.

dont forget all the lightning benders

reminds me of JL8

*sigh* and ruined ATLA

Hey reddit.

Can't even remember this, but I loved metalbending. Somehow I heard the Mortal Kombat theme in my mind whenever people metalbended.

Bryke refused to include respectable males by the show's end. The important males were all some combination of juvenile/inept/lackeys of the strong woman/shoehorned.

It was ruined from the start by losing key writers and Bryke embracing tumblr while going full on SJW. Hence the horrible Korra/Asami/Mako triangle (pandering to the shipping warfare TLA had), Korra being Tumblr The Character (brown, slutty, dykeish even before her dykecut), the shoehorned X-Men plot with Equalists as all the Anti-Mutie characters with the Benders being Mutants.

The only respectable male was zaheer.
I don’t even like anarchist, he just had the most noble intentions and wasn’t incompetent.

The only lead villain who could be called remotely legitimate in actions is Kuvira. Amon had some strange Non-Bender Supremacy angle rooted in his daddy issues, Unalaq bounced from some reactionary trying to lord over both poles to a worshipper of Avatar Satan, Zaheer had Muh Chaos.

That’s every post, shitheel.
Are you so paranoid that you think that every post is Holla Forums?
As for Korra, pic related is all I really need to say.

I think his almost crypto-primitivist was a nice goal.

He was voiced by Henry Rollins right who voiced that explosion guy from batman beyond who was also a crypto primitivist.

Only good Korra is a pinup Korra

Yesssss

The muslim hype around the male gender is so gay.

Rollins knows the truth about technology.

Found the cuck.

Who let all the Niggers and leftypol in here?

Hey Holla Forums

Hey Holla Forums

I've been thinking recently about how ATLA was about the Fire Nation going too far in its ideology. I thought "Wow. You know what would've been cool? What if each nation had their ideology taken too far? And then the final lesson of the show would be one of balance." Except I'm pretty sure that's exactly what Korra's first three seasons were. I never watched it myself though.

From my understanding, the popularity isn't "blacks are genetically stronger" meme but rather, a genuine aesthetic preference for the "equine look" that brazillian bodybuilders have going for them with regards to skin tone and legs.

AKA fat diseased Shitskins. Brazilians and other Beaner trash bloat up harder than White women thanks to their genetics and diet. Brazil is a sewage dump like the rest of Latin America.

They tried to make it look like the main villains each had a point but went too far. This didn't work since:

1. Korra hardly if ever tried to address their grievances (bender and non-bender relations, the state of Water Tribe tradition, government). She punched her way around them, even in Book Four.

2. The lead villains ranged from having a point but the plot going overboard to make them the dastardly side with Korra's side being obviously the one of light and justice to being too ridiculous to buy them as legitimate. Kuvira is the first one. Unalaq and Zaheer are the second.

Why is Korra doing a swastika?

It's not fat though. It's muscle. Korra is toned and the woman I posted is muscular and toned. The kind of fat you're thinking of, the kind that surged in popularity around early 2017 with the "thicc" meme is not what's considered the "equine" look. That's just "thicc" or "curvy" and that's always been popular, especially regarding Latinas. The appeal of Korra's design is her toned, athletic build. You're complaining about "fat shitskins" but Korra's most popular pornographic works depict her as fit.

Were those points the ideologies of nations taken too far? In much the same way that Fire was about leadership and the Fire Nation tried to lead the world, did we perhaps see the Earth Nation's ideology of stability taken too far? Maybe that's what the equality for all benders and non-benders could

The worst thing to ever happen in Korra is that Kuvira lost. She was absolutely justified in her actions. For one hundred years, the Fire Nation ravaged and colonized their land. It took the brunt of the Fire Nation's forces and diverted their efforts from annihilating the northern water tribe. Had the Earth Kingdom fallen sooner, it would not have mattered whether the Avatar returned or not. Consequently, the Fire Nation engender the miscegenation of the peoples of the Earth Kingdom and Fire Nation with their settlements. In worst Korea, this is treated like anchor babies today in the U.S., exempting the descendants of Fire Nation settlers from deportation. Then when the Ozai's defeat by the Avatar terminates the war, this little shit, with his Fire Spitter sympathies takes a chunk of RIGHTFUL EARTH KINGDOM CLAY to use as cosmopolitan League of Nations city-state. Earth Kingdom got Versailles treatment when it was one of the winners.

FUCK AVATAR AANG
==FUCK AVATAR KORRA=
FUCK THE FIRE NATION
ALL HAIL EARTH FUHRER KUVIRA

Well, blow me down…that comparison is rather apt.

You guys are just as bad as those saiyan girls fanboys in DBS. She made a fucking giant robot covered with platinum and it shoots fucking spirit laser beams.

Not really. One villain was an Air Nomad fanboy but he followed some super old and radical version of airbending. Another was the ruler od the Water Tribes but his ultimate plan would have destroyed thsm ong with the rest of the world. The LoK villains were alledgedly meant to be stand-ins for ideologies and movements from our world (Communism, fundamentalism/traditionalism and shameless exploitation, anarchism, fascism).

None of them were really comparable to the FN in being a land driven to corruption.

It's doubly iffy since they went out of their way portray Prince Wu (the figurehead of Kuvira's opposition) as a fop who'd rather sing than rule and also had Suyin badmouth the monarchy. We're obviously meant to side against her, so what's the deal with making the prince and Raiko so worthy of contempt?

That happened when the writers noticed they failed to establish Kuvira as dastardly enough that Korra had to stop her ASAP. The off-screen concentration camps weren't enough.

Does that really mean anything when a sizable chunk of your population can magically move dirt around? Just make a new place to live you fucking faggot. Goddamn earthbenders always expecting everything to go their way without having to work for it, Ozai should've finished you when he had the chance.
Faggots.

To be fair Earthbenders are the most stubborn race, one which would rather die than move some dirt a few metres to the left

I'll give you a hint..they both are something that rhymes with pail.

You know islands can sink. Then you'd really need lebensraum.

I completely forgot about this show. I remember watching the first season, and then losing interest about halfway through. I tried to pick it up again when season 2 was playing, but the show felt disengaging so I dropped out again after a couple episodes.

I marathoned A:TLA about a week ago. It's still a fun show, albeit with some shows, but entertaining nonetheless. I gotta say, Sokka is one funny dude.

Well yeah, the show had embraced feminism to the point where there aren't any notable males who weren't some combination of a tool/manbaby/lackey. The question, is what was the point when we're not supposed to see Kuvira's actions as legitimate with her being best fit to rule? Especially since Suyin said the monarchy was outdated yet wouldn't step-in after the Earth Queen's death.

Muscles aren't attractive if you aren't a cuck or Nigger.

If you're a Nigger maybe.

Yes it is.

Lay off the cuck porn .