Hey Holla Forums, am I the only one here who thinks GTAV is a bit light on main story missions? I love the game...

Hey Holla Forums, am I the only one here who thinks GTAV is a bit light on main story missions? I love the game, but it feels like content is lacking and online mode is shit. not too mention that the game still doesn't allow you to play the radio on foot. What the fuck is up with that? Also where are all of the players on PC? They're clearly there, but they're not. However the point of the thread is to discuss if there's a lack of content in GTAV rather than the strange Online mode. So I guess my question is, where can I find some decent side quests?

Next time you make a thread, get to the point.

s-sorry

GTAV is a bad game. they made a fuckhuge map with nothing to do in it and psychic police

sorry for your lots

What you can do is play Sleeping Dogs instead.
Still won't be able to listen to the radio on foot though, probably because people don't carry around boomboxes anymore.

it's called smart phones m8

No, it's not, taking into account the series' context

Are you implying the GTA IV was better?
Because that would be retarded.
Are you implying that GTAV is not atleast decent when compared to GTA SA, GTA VC, and GTA III?
Because that would be wrong.

There's the issue.

Better post this before I forget.

deep inside, we all know we're in this thread for dubs

It's true. SA's map is smaller in size but it feels larger because it's more packed.
And V has less missions than IV to boot, with some being shit like "buy masks".
V is decent but it has nothing on the older ones. No length and sense of adventure like in SA, no awesome story and atmosphere like VC, not even HD novelty of IV.

GTAIV was a lot better and a lot more fun. Mongoloids complained endlessly about the map size because they thought bigger map = more fun. Well now you got GTAV, which has a much bigger map, but are you having your fun? A bigger map in of itself is not fun (or not fun).

Good to see someone already posted this.

The story of V was shit too, so where the characters. In fact I can't remember a single one apart from the main 3 and I only remember the main 3 due to being exposed to them all the time, otherwise I'd have forgotten about them too. IV on the other hand was the best one as far as characters go.

IV was better than V in everything but the graphics and the map, the map of IV was really dull and diving it into 3 with bridges as the only connections was really retarded.

Next GTA should have a smaller map with way more peds and every single building "enterable", every door and windows interactive, if you get what im saying. They have to fous more on the npcs\peds and AI to make the game more alive. GTA V cops were braindead simple scripts and the peds vanished like ghosts, that sucked away all the fun in just screwing around.

I agree. Don't know if it's short on main story missions, or just side quests though.

Still can't understand why they can't program another 100 or so sidequests like Fallout/Skyrim/Witcher do. Is it that hard to code in assassinations/races?

You can get a script for that. Not too complicated.

Another good script is to change the time-lapse. I prefer to cruise the streets at night (for long periods) like a real gangsta.

Oh and no pooltable + stoner/jamaican friend is a major let down.

just imagine if gta 5 was GTA 4's gameplay except with new and good driving physics, and a more compact version of gta 5's map including all 3 cities or at least a new story with the game based somewhere other than los santos

I agree, smaller but more detailed and with more care is the way to go. 4's map was shit yet 4 was massively enjoyable because it had a tonne of shit that focused on making it feel like a city rather than a themepark where the player is a guest everything must cater to.

Also people need to take off their nostalgia goggles for SA. SA's buffet of stuff to do was great back then, but nowadays when every semi-open world game offers a tonne of minigames (the AssCreed formula so many copied), it's really nothing special. That and back then racing with a jet fighter was an amazing moment, now we (at least I imagine most of us here) are so jaded it's just another meh thing to do quickly to get it over with.

Of course if we could get great detail like 4 and a huge map that'd be great, but it's not realistic.

GTA V has a really big and really pretty but extremely barren open world with nothing to do in it. I should know since I've played it for over 170 hours

The NPCs are braindead, the police are way too trigger-happy and even the story is somewhat disappointing. The three main characters are annoying as hell, and the only reason I didn't kill them at the end was because the antagonists somehow ended up being even more fucking annoying. I will admit that the last mission was really satisfying after all the shit I'd been through in the main story.

I did get over 170 hours of playtime though (most of it fucking around in Online with my friends) so in that regard it was worth 40 euros for me.

Did you even watch that video, nigger?

Hard-body physics, simulated water, and little touches like steam blowing out of the ground very heavily blow V's "additions" out of the water. with it's absolutely bland world devoid of any real life.

GTAV is a disappointment, especially when you consider that the version you are playing on PC is basically GTAVs version of GTAIVs expansion packs combined with IV itself. I played the original game on 360 and it basically felt like a beta compared to what it is now. Whatever side content you got when you purchased V, like offline editor mode and cats, is what you get – there will never be a full expansion pack, just more cars for online that all drive entirely the same as each other but with different top speeds; that way Rockstar can keep raking in shekels for those cash cards.

But hey, you can't fault them for actually releasing so much free new shit all the time – but apparently the shit they added since I stopped playing is ridiculously expensive to increase the sale of shark cards/grind which is pretty jew-y.

My real problem with the game is that the core gameplay is just plain inferior to IV, from hand-to-hand combat to the physics engine to driving (I know some faggots will have something to say about the driving, but fuck you it was fun you little bitch).

Some other shit:
IV is the only video game I'm aware of that uses an in game radio station that has a good metal station. It's rock station also utilized cool bands like saxon, and the other stations had some foreign shit I never would have heard in a million years otherwise – sort of like that retarded mexican station in V, but you know….not a (purposely?) fucking annoying mexican station.

Guns felt infinitely superior, from the way they had better sound-effects, to the way they handled differently from one another, to the way they chewed apart your targets. That last point is thanks to:

The way the AI reacted to violence alone made IV more fun than V. You will never shoot a bum in the leg and watch him slowly get up and try to limp down the alley away from you, only to collapse after tripping on a stray garbage bag, then rolling around on the ground in pain, crying for mercy, in V. You will never be in the middle of an armed standoff where you had killed a hundred or more cops on a single street corner, creating anarchy outside (flaming cars, bodies), only to see a cop dragging a wounded cop out of the line of fire while the wounded man cries out in pain. You will never even knock out a civilian in V, you know why? Because wether you shoot or punch or hit and run the AI in V, you know what they do? They just die immediately.

I somewhat addressed it above but whatever, I had fun with it and different civilians had different strengths. A big buff dude was harder to fight than a random bum, and sometimes they could use fucking combos on you – though the bum might pull a knife.

I have more shit I could add, and I didn't say as much about the above topics as I could have, but I've defended IVs superiority over V too many times.

I forgot to stress how terrible V's radio is compared to the GOAT soundtracks of previous titles, but whatever. sage for double post.

and I fucked up my sage, fucking hell.

I wouldn't call any game before IV's "good", though.

If the "contemporary stations" actually played what would be considered "contemporary" in their times, then I would consider them better than IV's, which actually has some hot releases in it.

Yeah, VC for example had plenty of hits that were past their prime in 86.
But then against it's more of a Hollywood approximation of 80s culture. There's the Degenatron console which clearly seems to parody 2nd generation consoles when the NES was already a hit in 1986 long past the crash. Better than Mafia II at least which is trying to tell us that the entire 50s culture appeared out of thin air as soon as 1951 hit the calendar.

I'm quite sure that's what he meant user. V didn't look as blurry, had higher tricounts, and higher res textures but everything else was shit. Even the VFX of V was shittier, it might have looked crisper and more detailed but it was so toned down it was barely there.

I was thinking less about how much they fit the setting and more about how good the choice of songs were, but fair enough.

No. They just picked songs that fit into the cutscenes they interlaced them into, and then just made them into radio stations. Some cut songs like Big Country and Melt With You are examples of ones that they forgot to slip into each radio station.

With IV, they actually let each DJ pick the music they'd consider fitting for a radio station, as of then.