40k thread

Are humans even inferior to the Eldar when it comes to psyker powers?

I mean Humans tend to focus on brute strength while the Eldar use their powers to predict the future and Jew.

I mean the Emperor is the single most powerful psykic entity to ever exist in the 40k universe and he's innately human.

Also Sanguineous best Primarch.

/tg/ is dead, long live the rebirth of warhammer wensday!

At least put some effort into making an OP you nigger.

Bump

STOP

DOING

THIS

But yeah they are the emps is a holy bunch of very early pure and strong psykers, probably the strongest ever as no one has ever pulled off the trick to make a new emp. The eldar have khaine who was/is just kinda there.

On average, Eldar are stronger psykers. All eldar are psychic while it is more of an emerging thing among humanity.

I want to play a 40k game but Deathwing isn't out yet. Everything else is strategy, which I fucking suck at. I have half a mind to try and cut my teeth on Dawn of War, but I'm afraid of getting curbstomped.

You'd think there'd be more RPG games based off of this tabletop RPG series, but they all look like straight-up strategy games instead, or strategy with RPG elements.

Fuck I want Deathwing to come out so bad.

It is supposedly almost done and supposed to be released soon. I just wish it had more enemy variety, but they said they lacked budget to do so due to licensing music instead.

Just fucking ask Triari to do it.

For fucks sake why do companies waste resources on shit like Music and voice acting?

Dawn of War 2 is essentially a RTT/RPG hybrid in single player. The original is very different, but nothing is quite like Spellforce or other strategy/RPG hybrids I've played.

check out Warhammer 40,000: Fire Warrior

or if you want something older, try Space Hulk: Vengeance of the Blood Angles

Fuck you heretic burn in Promethium for the rest of your short life!!!!

Magnus and Malcador aside. Humans can't really spit out Psykers to the level of the Eldar. But most of them are combat focused as opposed to the Eldar who do all sorts of silly shit with their psykers.

But this may just go back to the theory that Humans were genetically engineered by the Necrons or their predecessors to combat the Old One's and Chaos. Even the creation of the Emperor seems suspiciously artificial. If it were just OP pskyers doing the fusion dance, then Daemons would've jumped on it in an instant and gotten all powerful. Instead it was like poison to them, and anything warp related that touched the energy was instantly vaporized. Which also sheds some light into why the chaos gods were worried about the Emperor.

Gork and Mork say hi

The Emperor's creation took place before the Warp was severely disturbed, it was still not calm, but none of the Chaos gods were formed at the time

They removed that from the fluff with the newcron update IIRC

There's a couple theories there, the Eldar gods may actually just be old ones, or the psychic image of old ones created by the eldar

The sad part is that game has 40k version of Doom Guy

Literally Tau Guy

Every eldar is a psyker. So average human is worse psyker than average eldar.

Humanity have a lot of alpha plus psykers.

Primaris Psykers (represented in the game as a single 70pt model that's as powerful as most of their HQ choices) can be massively powerful. In the lore, a small group of Primaris Psykers gestalted their minds together and challenged all 4 chaos gods at once to a warp duel, trying to close portals the chaos gods were holding open to let daemons pour out.

They won and forced the portals closed. The Chaos gods fucked off because they aren't used to people actually fighting back directly. Human psykers can still be incredibly powerful.

The Emperor stands with the Righteous.

None can stay the wrath of Humanity!

Reminder: Tau are ripe for killing in melee

is this a real game?

It's not an rpg series, its a wargame, which is pretty much tabletop rts

There are like 5 RPGs for it though

Fair enough, but most of the games will be based in the wargame which came first

Reminder that Eldar have to draw out warp energy through runes first before using it unless they want to be Slaanesh's snack. This limits the pure power they can draw out at once.

Felinids

There's actually a wide selection of 40k games out there.
For what you want there is:
-Space Hulk and Space Hulk Vengeance of the Blood Angels
-Chaos Gate
-Squad Command for portable consoles
-DoW2 in it's entirety, at least the single player/coop
-Space Hulk 2013
And maybe then the FPS Fire Warrior where you play a filthy Tau xeno or the TPS Space Marine Where you fyte fo da empura and be immune to the warp because TITUS

are there any official depictions of Felinids ?

none, let your imagination run wild, though most agree it wouldnt be TOO feline because otherwise the imperium would just exterminatus them

This image pisses me off so much and I don't exactly know why. Maybe because of EA and knowing no new BF2142 related stuff will happen.

And no, there's no official ones, but like just said. everyone agrees that they have to look more human than animal or else the inquisition would blow them up in seconds. Hell, they're all up in Space Wolves shit for being space pugs.

To keep this thread vidya focused what dew we know about space hulk gameplay? Anything new from a few months ago?

You mean Deathwing?
Im pretty sure theyll show maybe one more clip/group of screenshots and then save the rest for E3.
Vidya news have been pretty slow due to this, companies are saving up for E3 and only a couple should show more footage before it starts to hype people up.

Are Felinids heresy?

no, they are sanctioned. like ratlings and ogryns

To add onto other suggestions, there is Eternal Crusade.
It's partly playable, and the gameplay is pretty okay. Unfortunately it's mostly lag and shitty connection.

user I've been monitoring that shit for almost 3 years.
It's not in a good state to recommend yet.

Eldar are not in. Orks are not even modelled.
Mele boils down to light attack spam.
Lag, bugs and generally imbalanced shit. And I'm seen this from streams, god knows how bad it actually is.

How can you recommend it at it's current state ?

Because when I played it I had fun.
That said shit is pretty fucky with it, and I could only recommend it by including a warning.
Also, you should have seen when melee boiled down to Dbash spam. Those were the days.

I saw parts of that period.
Can't tell which is really worse since now most videos involve a guy spamming one button and catching up to running people while swinging.

Well bear in mind that if you don't spam light attack and dodge in some situations, you'll go down like a bitch. Specifically if you face off against multiple opponents. Doubly so if at least one of those opponents is toting a proper ranged weapon around.
Standing still to deliver a dbash or heavy attack is a great way to get ventilated.

Still, I prefer this to dbash spam. At least setting up good light attacks requires a tiny bit more forethought.

Yes, humans are shitty psykers as a species, OP. That's why the Emprah's plan was to guide/develop the whole species into a proper, stronger psyker species to resist against the warp better. Considering the way Emps dealt with people that would have failed. He was the worst judge of character/had the emotional intelligence of a cucumber.
Well, when you're a walking demi-god with a hive mind walking around over 40k years that would not be a surprise.

Swinging should never be able to move you as fast as an enemy runs away. It's just plain stupid.

You'll need to point out where in the video that happens. Nowhere did I see someone get cut down as they legitimately fled. Chasing runners is annoying and dangerous as hell.
At most some of those guys appeared to have been hit after evasive maneuvering. Which happens. It's either that or melee with negative range, and niggers getting gunned down pointblank all day erryday.
Because, y'know, there is sprinting in the game. If you want to run away you can. And for melee it's generally pretty difficult to catch up if the guy starts running (and I do mean running) first and has a lead greater than the range of your sprintattack. Unless you're a raptor/assault in which case you laugh and stab him in the ass.

Many people on the forums tried to apply that as an actual strategy against close combatants.

It didn't work.

At 1:30 you can see the problem.
He can facetank a heavy bolter so standing a gunning is not viable.
At 1:37 he gets close to a plasma guy. The guy tries to sidestep and possibly run, but the sidestep is shorter than the range of the spam attacks so it's absolutely futile.
Then he chases up to another guy with some sort of bolter and kills him too.
After that you can see a melta guy made into a joke at close range.
Any heavier weapon makes you slower in running than the assault, so even if you had an advantage in distance it cannot help you.

The maker of the video himself confirms that he was spamming. Dunno how you do not see it.
Right now things are incredibly skewed towards buffing close combat classes. Both in mechanics and in map design.

Dunno if it will stay that way.

40k is fucking dead. At least you can still play with the old rulebooks, admire the old art and ignore anything lore-related that's been shat over the last few years.

Oh, and you can still play the original Dawn of War with the FoK mod while you wait for the inevitable shitshow that is Dawn of War III to be released.

Don't forget about space dwarfs.
Don't be like GW.

It doesn't work if they're already up in your grill. By then you have literally no lead. It's kind of difficult to escape from someone when they already have you in their clutches.
And then it's more of attempting to disengage rather than flee. Which is impossible without friends. Not that tacs will disengage even if they have friends. I've wiped 4-man groups a few times using a chainaxe.

I think I see. He didn't have his shield up but somehow managed to have it take all the pain anyway. Which shouldn't work. This would appear to be an actual glitch/exploit.
Although with his shield up he probably would have been able to close to melee anyway. Heavy bolters aren't as beefy as on tabletop.
That's a havoc/devastator. Their evade is dogshit and their CQC attacks take a geological age to wind up. I would be surprised if he didn't manage to kill him.
But if you look he caught the guy with the stalker bolter while he was reloading/tossing a nade. And he only caught him on the third swing.
If the stalker bolter guy knew what he was doing, he probably should/would have tried a dbash to buy some time to either get in his own swings or simply for reinforcements. Although with the speed of a power sword it may not have worked out too well. If I were him, perhaps I would have simply vaulted the catwalk rail. He could also have perhaps dodged backwards and ran. He seemed to actually have enough lead.

The melta guy got fucked because as far as I can tell the shieldguy started off within close combat range of him, and the poor melta guy got screwed by the backstab thing. Courtesy of power swords offering a quick refresh. Although he might have been able to have rolled out of that.

Anyway, I do see spam, but I don't see shit that can't be countered except for power sword being op. And I don't see people being overrun as they attempt to flee, which is what we originally started off about. Only guys getting destroyed by power swords in CQC. Now, if you'd shown me a video of someone somehow spamming light attack to catch up to a fleeing tac and kill him, that'd be something else.

Now, if you wanna talk spam, the chain/power sword family is your friend. Fuckers have a fast as hell recovery rate meaning any fuckup on your part may as well not exist. They need a nerf.
I don't have much more to add on them that isn't text from my frothing mouth shorting out my keyboard.

further proof everything after third edition is pure shit

you probably dont even realize how much of an idiot you sound like

I always wondered why GW was so hesitant to make new games or original ideas with their licence. Almost all of the games bar a few are tactics and strategy games. Exceptions being space hulk, space marine, and fire warrior.
Why not a game about playing as a kroot assassin? It could have a lot of stealth game play aspects and planning ahead with traps.

Game music can make the difference between a succesful game and a shit one. If gameplay is lacking or boring, music will always make up for it.
Same with voice acting and that's prominent in 40k games. Although unnecesary.