How do you even make this thing run on a current computer?

How do you even make this thing run on a current computer?

Thinly veined "So you want to play…" thread

Other urls found in this thread:

kentie.net/article/dxguide/
moddb.com/mods/gmdx
youtube.com/channel/UCa43BUf1a6p0hNmgvoQ96AA/videos
pcgamingwiki.com/wiki/Deus_Ex#Essential_improvements
pcgamingwiki.com/wiki/MDK
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Pirate GOG/Steam Version

Download this and place it in the System folder kentie.net/article/dxguide/

May as well pirate the GoG version. That or see if you can magically find a VM

Download the GoG version from kat.cr

I had no issue running it on win10. You will have to dl some ancient drivers and shit. Go to GOG forums they'll help you out.

But please please

Nobody who worked at Ion Storm will be getting money from this anymore. Studio went chapter 5 long ago. And the industry doesn't have royalties.
And Spector isn't getting royaltie

Also, I downloaded Deus Ex Revision, and its still boring as fuck. When does it get as exciting as HR?

You best be kidding.

I come from the MGS series, and have BB-runned all the games and won Foxhound rank in MGO1 and MGO2. HR was really good and refreshing, and I have ZERO nostalgia for DX1.

Uhh MGO? What does that have to do with anything?. Isnt that like an online shooter based on metal gear?.

Ok, can you name a scene or post a vid of where the game gets fun?

I guess that was too tough a request huh.

I'm going to ask you a series of questions and I want them answered honestly.

- 1: How long did you play DE for?
- 2: What is your DE playstyle?
- 3: Where was the latest point that you reached in the game?
- 4: What is your favourite genre of vidya?

About 30 minutes, The first mission, Statue of Liberty (and the Tutorial)
Sneaking and lleast ammo usage (Non-Lethal if possible)
I played the Tutorial again in revision but couldnt climb out of the toxic water, even just to return to the beginning. I thought I had to swim across first, then I tried jumping on the pipes and couldnt figure it out.
Stealth

Let's reiterate that he said he played Deus Ex Revision

The Steam exclusive mod? Ah, I almost forgot about that whole bundle of keks.

Your first mistake was downloading and installing revision. If you really must play DE with a mod, then get the GMDX mod, which is much better than Revision.

moddb.com/mods/gmdx

youtube.com/channel/UCa43BUf1a6p0hNmgvoQ96AA/videos

GoG and Steam have the same problems.

Your options are this or installing Deus Ex: Revision, which yes, fixes most of the issues and ups some of the textures, but also completely fucks up the lighting making it really hard to see, and changes around maps for no reason.

GMDX does everything Revision does without fucking anything up and then some. His options are vanilla or GMDX.

GMDX is only marginally better than Revision.

The only acceptable mods are kentie's patches and maybe Shifter.

Recommending Shifter over GMDX means you either haven't played the latter or that you are a casual kektard

What problem are you even talking about? The only thing I ever had to do with the Steam version was the edit the .ini for 1920x1080. Otherwise everything worked perfectly.

Download Deus Exe and the Direct3D 10 renderer + follow instructions.

Once you start Deus Exe make sure to specifically choose Direct3D 10 rather than Direct3D.

If you want install New Vision after but it really isn't necessary. Avoid HDTP.

Links to both right here:

pcgamingwiki.com/wiki/Deus_Ex#Essential_improvements

Normal Shifter is fucking terrible. Biomod removes XP for kills and that alone improves the mod many times (it also fixes other issues).

I take you've never played GMDX?

I realize it was already posted by once, but simply because it bears repeating: ALWAYS CHECK PCGAMINGWIKI.COM BEFORE YOU LOOK ANYWHERE ELSE TO GET OLD GAMES WORKING!

What's the best way to get improved graphics (and maybe AI) without the levels being fagged up?

What in the fuck does MGS have to do with the quality of Deus Ex?

What in the fuck does telling us how good you are at them have any bearing on your statement?

How in the fuck does Metal Gear make HR better than DX1?

What in the fuck does nostalgia have to do with the objective quality of the game?

Burden of proof is on you for saying that it's not fun, so tell us exactly how DX1 isn't good. And, don't get me wrong, I'm gay for metal gear, and I enjoyed HR for what it was, but your posts are shit. Opinion discarded

I have the GOTY version on disc and it works without any problems on windows 7

No you are completely wrong here. GMDX is a fantastic mod/overhaul which is great for people who have played the game to death.

I keep getting bored in the middle of the game, is it worth finishing?

GMDX is the best mod for the DX campaign, period. It's pretty funny that people are still clinging to the likes of Shifter & Biomod which were never notably good in the first place.

Well I would suggest GMDX, but if vanilla isn't enough to hold your attention then you're obviously beyond hope. Go back to Human Revolution, kid.

Sorry I don't share your shit taste

Let me guess, another sorry chump that is playing the game with Revision installed? It's no wonder you aren't enjoying it if that's the case.

I agree, GMDX is awesome. It's great to see the gameplay remains top notch with much more perceptive and somewhat smarter AI.

The melee weapon balancing seems weird though. I don't see why baton needed a boost when it worked well enough for a completely free to use non-lethal weapon, and why Dragon Tooth and prod needed a nerf.

This. How do you unlock the epic takedowns and glowing yellow shit in the original?

Here's a better question. How do you make THIS run on a current computer?

Can DX run on XP without the launcher & custom renderers?

Almost certainly. It can, in fact, run fine on Win7 without them too the game will just have strange looking shadows.

It's still a good idea to download them though. The files are small, installation is piss easy and the game will look a bit better.

It works fine, you're doing something wrong.

It also installs fine if you run the GoG version.

Please kill yourself

No wonder you're a fucking casual

This place really is indistinguishable from cuckchan. Hope you faggots are happy.

I'm pretty sure that user was taking the piss.

Truly epic

Just like cuckchan

As was said before, check PC Gaming Wiki first.
pcgamingwiki.com/wiki/MDK

Desperate. Your turn.

Your issue is that you installed Windows 10

Shit, time to reinstall DX.
Could someone give me a short summary of what GMDX does?

dumb susanposter

Check the damn thread, I've put links in my older post.

Just finished playing this for the first time a few days ago. Good stuff. I'm on Windows 8 and the GoG version worked just fine. I'm a little tempted to try GMDX but I think I want to step away from it for a week or two before I replay it.
Is HR worth a damn? I'm inclined to not care since it seems that no one involved with the original worked on it.

…or you could get Deus Exe and the DX10 renderer….