Stretch Armstrong and the Flex Fighters

Alright, so the first 13 episodes finally came out yesterday on Netflix. What do you guys think of this series?

Other urls found in this thread:

screenrant.com/exclusive-stretch-armstrong-action-figures-netflix/
youtube.com/watch?v=GgivtWX_uNs&t=1s
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Did they relaunch the toys? Because why the fuck would anyone think a Stretch Armstrong cartoon was a good idea otherwise?

Incredibles 2?

Is stretch armstrong a super hero
I thought he was a wrestler or somthing

It's getting both a toyline and a comic book tie-in for next year.

screenrant.com/exclusive-stretch-armstrong-action-figures-netflix/

They rebooted him and the very little lore he had as a superhero series. Though there's still a reference to the original figure in one of the episodes.

A Stretch Armstrong not looking like hulk hogan is a failure.

It wasn't too great, but pretty enjoyable anyway. I'm glad Netflix is not just depending on Voltron for action oriented cartoons.

I'm still made to wonder who this is for. Kids born in the last 20 years won't know Stretch Armstrong. People who remember him are too old to really care about this show or its toys.

I think the whole point is to introduce him to a new generation, between the show, comics, and toys.

Also, Hasbro probably wants to use the license after wasting decades trying to make it into a movie.

It was pretty cool, actually. I did like a lot of what they had to create around a figure that had no storytelling possibility, unlike Transformers or GI Joe. I liked the chemistry between the three dudes.

The high school stuff is kinda trite, but I do like some of the twists in it (drama brats and nerds being the bullies, etc.). The animation isn't that great, though. It's nice to have traditional, non-Flash animation, but still.

Also liked the Bumblebee cameo.

Never mind the Armstrong, who are these semen demons?

The Freak Sisters. They only show up at the beginning of episode five and make some cameos here and there.

I'd say entertainment media has reached the point that using an established IP has gone from a way of building hype and cashing in name recognition, to a safety precaution to avoid being sued because almost nothing has entered the public domain for decades. So anything original not only has no following, but also runs the risk of legal action.

You might be onto something here. There is the conventional wisdom of marketing brainlets that people won't buy/watch anything from a non-established IP, but what we tend to ignore is the fact that the rights to so many classic shows and IPs have been scattered to the winds and hastily gathered up by dozens of different studios and companies. Trying anything remotely original might just end up with the collective fists of all of those different legal departments firmly wedged up their ass because one studio owns the rights to anything having to do with mutants, another one has the rights to everything to do with cosmic space races, yet another has exclusive rights to anything to do with magical crystals, and there's one other that somehow claimed the copyright for anything to do with swords. Good luck trying to make something original with everything tied behind your back.

No sir I don't like it

Which makes this cartoon's existence all the more curious. It's technically based on an established IP, but the toy itself was very obscure and had no pre-established stories or lore behind it. The only characters from the toys that are used are Stretch Armstrong and Stretch Monster, and everything and everyone else is nothing but OCs. You could even argue that Armstrong barely has anything to do with the original figure beyond being blonde dudes that can stretch. In fact, the showrunners said the most appealing part of the project was basically filling in a bunch of blanks.

Well, there's the DEEPEST LORE of Stretch Armstrong's enemies, the Vac-men. One of my favorite toys as a kid was the Vac-Men Factory thing where you filled them with sand and then pulled all the air out.

Forgot pics

I guess those existed because someone's Chinese cousin had a whole shipping crate of shitty manufacture error rubber gloves?

Hey, if they had the Stretch Monster and the Stretch X-Ray (the Flexorium army) in the first season, they could introduce Vac-Man in the future. Hasbro bought all the companies that made the Stretch Armstrong knock-offs.

Stretch Cuckstrong

I take it you finished episode nine?

Does he actually get cucked?

Yes. He asks his crush to the dance, but becomes busy when his powers start to flip out, so he asks his black friend to take her. They both bond while they're at the dance, while Jake is too busy with superhero bullshit.

I guess I should have expected this from Netflix.

I watched the first few episodes. It's okay. Kind of like a mix between Static Shock and Batman Beyond. Monster of the week with a kind of grimbright coat of paint.

test

I'm pretty sure the Freak Sisters were supposed to be based on the Stretch Octopus twins. Both were even blue.

We get it Holla Forums

Did anyone actually watch it yet?

At least one user does. Stretch Armstrong gets cucked.

Anything else? Your kinda obsessed with that crap aren't you?

Wasn't this the one with Felicia Day and Cuck Wheaton?

Yup. Wil Wheaton is the smarmy Steve Jobs-esque tech billionaire and Felicia Day is the redheaded love interest for the chink character.

I watched it. It's generic.
The white protagonist gets cucked by the black protagonist, and the two major twists about two characters identities are extremely predictable.
The action is okay for western tv animation. A better studio could have really made the possibilities their powers present really shine in the cinematography, but western studios can't compare to eastern studios.
The high school drama is tired and cliche.
It's co-created/written by at least one of the guys who worked on Transformers Animated, which is probably why one episode cameos Animated Bumblebee.
As much as I hate Wheaton and Day, the show was watchable. I am interested in seeing what it does with the next season (I assume it's getting one) because of how the first season ends, but if it doesn't get a season 2 I'm not going to care much.

I just finished watching it earlier today. The Spic/Nigger character never stops being a fucking cunt and an awful friend. The asian character never stops being a nebbishy dork. The white MC alternates between being hypercompetent and retarded and his primary drama involves being in love with a girl that he shares nothing in common with and never talks to, and having a rigid (GET IT?!) father who is obsessed with schedules, but only really causes problems in a couple episodes. There's some subplot where the asian's grandfather discovers they are superheroes, but nothing comes of it. The whole series ends on a pretty dumb conclusion where they find out the good guy was the bad guy the whole times, and the bad guys were the good guys, then the bad guy tells the news that Stretch wanted to build an evil army of monsters and everyone just believes it, and it ends on a cliffhanger.

I didn't watch the show, faggot. I'm going by what got posted in the thread. If ypur curious about the show, watch it yourself.

Well, now I have a reason to watch episode 5…

and nothing else.

But how? They skipped the will-they-or-won't-they shit I thought they were going to do. "Cuck" jokes aside, it did feel a little more realistic that the protagonist would have little in common with a girl he barely knows anyway. Not to mention Nathan actually being okay with being rejected because he worked up the guts to even ask someone out.

It's also getting 52 episodes, with the next 13 coming up next year.

Yeah. That was something I actually kind of liked, as far as writing goes. MC has a girl he likes but never talks to. He knows nothing about her other than the fact that he's madly obsessed. This shit has been done to death and it would have only made it better if they actually pointed it out instead of having him sulk like a bitch.

Also, I guess all the hanging plot-threads now make sense if they've already been confirmed for more episodes. Seems like netflix invested into this one but put out the first 13 to build up some hype and get people hooked.

Yup, they don't want to burn up their episodes too quick. I think, if anything, they took it too far with Voltron by airing six or seven episodes at a time. 13 seems to be idea, and 26 would be best, but impossible.

Hey Holla Forums

Do you want a preview of the first issue of that miniseries from IDW? If overwhelmingly negative/mixed responses or no responses at all come February, then no full storytime from me.

one on the right looks kinda familiar

The art doesn't seem to bad.

The costumed and action scenes seem pretty decent. Not so much the regular civilians.

So, was the comic any good?

Jab Comics?

AY PAPI

(You)

So, anyone play this yet? What path did you get on your first time?

youtube.com/watch?v=GgivtWX_uNs&t=1s