Tfw you find a game series with fun gameplay mechanics and an engaging story

What's her name Holla Forums?

I can think of better, but all that comes to mind right now is the 2010 Splatterhouse. That game deserved better.

I'll get back to you.

the mechanics could have gone so much further, not that they were sub par but GW1 had so much more potential. It was a fantastic series already. They said they were limited by the engine.
Bollocks. WoW is older and still ongoing with big expacs and new mechanics.

And story cliffhanger? Their's a shit ton.
GW2 was meant to be a direct sequel to GW1, Eye of the North especially, it was the most prequel the prequel could get.
Yet so many plot points and mysteries have been scrapped and forgotten

Its up there in terms of western beat em ups

It didn't "sell like shit," but I recently replayed Star Wars Republic Commando, and holy fucking shit is that a diamond in the rough.

A bit of polish and it could be fucking GOAT.

It was a better game than Doom 3

Klonoa

fuck man I need Dragon's Dogma 2 badly, they just need to remove vocations and let you make your own based on different weapon combinations, add more skills, and have a lot more enemy/area variety

Too Human

And then the cliffhanger, and then I heard all about how they destroyed the copies of the game and we won't see the sequel

I sold every other 360 games I had, but I will keep this one forever.

For me it was Kuru Kuru Kururin, it looks like it's for children but it's as hard as they come. GBA versions are fantastic, haven't gotten around to trying the GC one yet. They take around an hour or two to beat each.

It's similar to Kirby's Air Ride, few people got to experience the multiplayer because of lack of online. Playing splitscreen is no good for certain games. Imagine if Chu Chu Rocket didn't have good multiplayer, that's what this game feels like.

There is no plot though. It's a pure arcade game.

This.
IMO they were quite widely used, the problem was the small number of enemies. It was essentially: dragon, succubus, goblin, troll, wolf, spirit and human. Other than the animals and a few bosses, most were slightly varied version of these.
It was supposed to be Berserk: The Game, so I don't know why they didn't went with that instead of allowing you to have a bow and a greatsword, or whatever. Stats could be leveled according to the weapon you earned the most XP with during that level.
Also, allowing them to make a complete game would be really fucking nice. Just imagine jumping 10 feet on the moon, and slashing a dragon down mid-flight.

well the good news here is that the PC version sold better than one might have assumed given how late/unmarketed it was (300k) so I wouldn't be surprised if it gets a direct or spiritual sequel

I seriously hope so.
Just imagine. Even if they keep the vocation system, they might listen to the players and
>6 warrior skills

But user, it did get sequels. Two of them.
1 - Dragon's Dogma Quest. Literally a fucking iphone social game that was also ported to the Vita.
2 - Dragon's Dogma Online. Take the insane boss fights of DD, then take a big, fat shit on them by adding a needless enrage mechanic that makes bosses invincible unless you pull on them for 5-10 minutes straight. Top off the shit sundae with gear grind that would make Korean developers say "See that? They've gone too far. We're not going there."

those were spinoffs made by other devs they don't count! prease capocommu

I want gore and ragdoll physics, specifically for the use of warrior shit so you can have a proper berserk game.

Bomberman.

It's a perpetual kind of pain.

Tearaway, minus the bit where the publisher thinks everyone hates it

What are you talking about, I wonder?
A real PC, or at least console, sequel

Oh yeah, forgot about that. I keep thinking it would be amazing to literally cut an enemy in two as a warrior, with some MGR-like system of cutting someone the fuck out.

Doesn't it have that already? I keep throwing goblins three meters in the air with the downward slash skill.
sage for doublepost

It was time to put it out of its misery, user.

not quite, ragdoll refers to when each of the limbs can have their own individual forms and movements while still attached to each other. Ever notice how all the death animations are preset? This is very noticeable when using shit like warrior skills like arc of deliverance that should really fuck something up, but they just fall to the ground the same way they would have if you hit them with a light attack from a normal sword.

I use it all the time and never noticed it actually.

IT WASN'T ITS TIME YET DAMN IT

Too simplistic. But it had potential and it was still fun to see your dick drawings bitchslapping shit.

Sadly, that was the only good RPG for the N64.

MY POOOOOOOOST

Pic related would have worked better as an "open-world" game akin to Way of the Samurai, but I suppose Acquire working on their own franchises is too much to ask in such a world as this is.

Fucking SEGA just one more.

Acquire has a ton of IPs in need of attention.

I think you need to play the other Tenchus

my nigga. I never understood why it bombed so much

That Sony gave it a chance with a full reimagining on the PS4 says a lot.

This one did in fact get a sequel, but it was only released on the Vita. From what I've played of it so far it's pretty good. Problem is, like with most vita only games/vita ports (moreso with this particular game), it gets little to no advertisement. The game basically ended up going under the radar for most people (pun partially intended).

I came into this thread just to tell you to fuck off

Not everything has to be open world you stupid sack of shit

The problem wasn't the gameplay, that's perfect, best gameplay in any game of its genre.
The problem was the shitty time/money management caused the game to be half finished and then the sequel was an absolute travesty that threw away anything good about the series to in turn become edgy and bomb, ultimately killing the series.

Thank you Inafune, I hope you burn in hell for eternity.

TRIGGERED

Stop this meme

Don't give up hope, user. DMC 5 has been heavily hinted at.

oh god I want DD2 and a DMC5, why does the one of the worst companies in the world have to hold some of the greatest IP's out there?

To be fair Appcom's almost an empty husk now and probably could only afford to make Vergil's model and add some code.

They're internal developers made DmC4 and Dragons Dong
They're business tactics are pretty shit, I agree.

I know, I was referring to the company management and shit, not the developers.

I still can't believe I actually got hyped for that.
It was fun playing as Vergil and Lady/Trish but it's been 8 FUCKING YEARS, a SE with this content is something you'd expect from a version dropped 6 months to 1 year later.

It's appalling, I'm not falling for Capcom's shit again.

no, all open worlds are shit because open world is objectively shit. There is not a single fun open world game. Only pseudo-open world is ever fun.

That's the problem they've had great designs, ideas, devs… but they always manage to fuck it up by being greedy bastards.
Now they're scrounging for some pennies because they're so poor due to their kike tactics.

I'm not the biggest fan of open world games but Just Cause 2 was fun.

Culdcept?

Front Mission?

Kill yourself

Patrician taste

There's a Devil Survivor 2, user.

To me, it's Shadow of Mordor. Think about it.

Exactly

I didn't realize it sold poorly.

Shame. I really enjoyed Overclocked.

But there's gonna be a sequel user.
The fame ended up being a massive success, I remember being quite surprised when I realised the orc I'd been hunting was a lowranking orc I'd fought against before and injured but let him run away.

Now he was like a general and still had the scar and remembered me.

*game

If only I had actually finished that game

I think I read some reviews a bit ago which basically boiled down to "muh graffix"
fucking loved that game though, I think I'll play it again

*teleports behind you*

Dont remind me

I still remember the first time an enemy came back to haunt me.

why is there no torrent for this shit?

SoM apparently did pretty well though user, good enough for a sequel at least

SoM's story was fucking awful though, and its combat was not much better, it had the nemesis system going for it and not much else, I hope the sequel fixes this, but in the current games industry, anything that is even remotely good will be shit on and milked forever, so I'm not getting to excited over it

It will be shit

Man, if this game had another year of development it'd be amazing.

I know user

Honestly it was a miracle how okay SoM came out in the first place, same with Dying Light

Is that game even worth pirating?

Not really, it's a pretty large game and the novelty of the nemesis system wore off for me after the first area.

Wasn't spectacular mechanics-wise, but the controls were good. Fortune Summoners was set up to be a full series of games and every once in a while I'm bothered by all the unresolved plot points with it's ending.

yes, but skip all the story cutscenes, the story is so bland and unintersting and the MC is voiced by faggot scarf, which makes it especially grating

Not even. The combat is horrendous. Pretty much a combination of all the bad things in both the Assassin's creed games and the batman arkham games rolled into one.

Hopefully theres a cyclical to contain the cancer.

I had a jap copy + the jap N64 sent to me. I wish this game continued.

Confirmed for never playing Way of the Samurai.

I have, it's one of my favourite series of all time, but Z feels like it has the most missed potential.

Dont
Its like saying linear games are bad because AAA keeps butchering it with their shitty games.

The Witcher 1.

It wasnt AAA, it was PC only, it had plenty of bugs :^), poorly marketed and was competing with Half Life 2 and the abortion that was Doom 3.

kek

It already was GOAT you simp.

Where the fuck is my Bloody Roar pachinko machine you goddamn nigger

He's only asking because Final Fantasy starts at 7

This one right here. Not a fan of Bayonetta but I loved this one. And there will never be another one. :'(

I really had high hopes for it. I know its biware trash but I was a teenager in love with Star Trek and still full of hope for the industry to make games better and more intricate.
I thought they would add more rpg and squad mechanics
I thought they would make planetary exploration more interesting and varied
I thought the story would become more interesting and have more and more branches and choices

I was so wrong. Mass Effect 2 was when i realized it was all going downhill

the wticher 3 had the potential to be the holy grail of western rpgs

perfect story
perfect setting

but man the gameplay kill the whole game

is there any mods that can "fix" the gameplay user ?

Mikami left platinum
Porting to PC wont help anything except the game's framerate issues

And we will never see Intelligent Systems do any of these. Because we will never see a new Advance Wars.

>playing ghost trick on my phone
>pass 5y. cant download it anymore because apple have removed it

if i didnt find immoral being a pirate i would look for it

>had rushed to jump fight in the hardest part of the game becasue ive saw a streamer playing it without watching the monitor and win so i thought was easy

that game had potential, im sorry to have trusted that faggot. the story was shit and felt like a big tutorial tho

It happened to Valkyrie Chronicles out of nowhere.

Deep inside I hold out hope.

One day, user…one day…

If it finally gets a PC port in SEGA's quest for portbux, it might get enough momentum to swing their opinion of it

This and Crysis should have received proper sequels.
ME2 could have been a great squad based B-movie space opera and instead it became a generic TPS
Crysis could have expanded on the suit mechanics, added in hotkeys for the other modes and made a game about being a Vanquish-tier supersoldier beating the fuck out of soldiers and robotic aliens.

And the fact that it's attached to a shit input device for shooters. In either case, you don't Platinum could create a decent follow-up give the cash? It's not like Mikami was the only mind behind the game, and it's not like he's only produced pure gold outside of it

Thanks Trooper, I hadn't felt my daily allotment of feel yet today.

Skies of Arcadia

yeah, and look how those sequels turned out

Are you talking about Sly Cooper?

see

Beyond Good and Evil.
But at this point, I don't think I'd even want a sequel, since Ubisoft would probably turn it into an AssCreed ripoff.

For me is pic related. Not even a game series, just a single one. Gameplay was honestly pretty standard turn based RPG fare, but the story was fun as hell. It ended in a cliffhanger too. Although I do have some hope, because as of this year

The DS games were fucking fantastic. 1 had such a great soundtrack, too bad 2 screwed the pooch in that regard, even though they overall improved the game with the addition of the demon compendium, and more possibilities for making a physically focused character.
Never played overclocked and record breaker myself, but I heard they fixed the crappy soundtrack 2 had. That true?

oni is shit. You just have fond nostalgic memories of that time you rented it from blockbuster. Dont delude yourself

i have a ps3 that is literally made orf dust at this point. I own an unopened copy of this game. Convince me to play it.