Why do journalists keep asking for an easy mode constantly?

Why do journalists keep asking for an easy mode constantly?

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.is/KGmS6
twitter.com/notch/status/734317509873139716
gillen.cream.org/wordpress_html/assorted-essays/the-new-games-journalism/
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_burn_centers_in_the_United_States
youtube.com/watch?v=d3pQ0oO_cDE
archive.is/ijR5V#selection-751.234-751.307
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

this need to stop

Obviously because games journos aren't gamers anymore.

Also DaS3 has an easymode through embering up and summoning people to beat the game for you

So they can rush through the game, making sure their review goes up first and they get all the ad clicks.

Also because they're terrible at games. I seriously can't believe they've regressed so horribly in terms of games, but if I had to guess they maybe only got into games during the Wii and DS gen.

because it makes their job easier.

they constantly shat on the DS and Wii, so I doubt that.

Journalists are hipsterfags with low self esteem. It's not a coincidence that all of these "you don't have to be good at games to enjoy them, elitists need to be purged from the industry" all started coming out the moment everyone started making fun of them for not being able to aim and walk at the same time while playing the new Doom.

Their fragile egos were wounded and now they're lashing out.

Because their used to get everything just becausee they want it.
Not becasue they had to get fucking good for it.

Now having a job the prospect of actually working for it doesn't suit them.
So they try to use whatever power they have (and as much as it hurts, they have it to some degree) to influence their working conditions until a state is reached where they have to work even less than they already do, but still get paid in the end.

You expect people who hate video games to put in the effort to be decent at them?

Not a single thing they type out is worth the time it takes to read it.

These people don't care about games. They don't care about how the whole point of DaS is triumphing through perseverance. They just want to jump in, beat the game, and then write about it on their shitty website.

I agree with the first pic tbvh. I'm not a cuck and I don't play video games for more than 2 hours a day, so I don't enjoy really hard games.

Is there any group besides Games Journalism, or social justice wankers, that will proudly wallow in their own mediocrity?

Writing about video games is a dead end career. They have nowhere else to go and nothing else to do with their lives, so they no longer care about the subject. This leads to them getting extremely bored with everything that comes their way and they just want each assignment out of the way as soon as possible so they can go back to pretending to be important by retweeting messages by professional victims.

Why do you ask stupid questions?
Because they're shit at video games. This is pretty straightforward.

Try dirt bike.

I tried to think of one but couldnt. Through my life I have always encountered people with this mindset but ever only as single persons, never in a whole group.

The highest concentration of those people you will find working in Kindergartens and pre-schools. Kind of figures. Those are people who chose not to compete in anything, only challenged by kids and sometimes even loosing while at it.

Jeez, man, somebody's gotta teach children. Did your teacher touch you as a child?

Because it makes their job harder.
its easier to review a walking sim or a game with easy mode

YEAH JUST START THE GAME AND WIN INSTANTLY! WHY NOT?!?!?!?!

No one cares about bikes going fast loser, whens the last time you heard about tony bird or whatever

Thats pretty much it.
Journos are leeching cancerous tumours and the sites they write for are only popular due to the fact that they gained a decently sized fanbase for being some of the only people who wrote somewhat coesively and had sites that didnt look like total shit besides the small funding they had, when the Internet was still new and exciting.

How fucking hard is it to notice that you don't belong somewhere and it's not in your range of interests, and then walk the fuck away? I don't try to walk into a gay bar expecting big tits in my face, because it's a clearly-established thing in modern culture that they don't do that shit, they have glaringly-obvious signs saying it's an intentional sausagefest for people into that, and everyone walking in and out clearly has zero interest in women but maximum interest in cocks.

If a place clearly doesn't cater to your tastes, the occupants are happy being catered to and there's a thousand places right next door that cater to your own interests, then why the fuck would you walk into the 1-in-1,000 place that's not your thing and demand they give you what you want? Rhetorical question mind you, I know damn well why they do it, the bunch of identity politics-indoctrinated, clit-sucking, nigger dick-loving pinko faggots.

Jesus fucking Christ.

Then don't play Darksouls.

The majority of games that comes out now are easy as shit.

You don't need to play the game that is marketed as "the one where your going to die allot."

Pick one. Pic related.

1. Fuck you.

2. For a medium/industry that people supposedly "dont take seriously" its fucking vastly more profitable and with greater growth than any other. Why rock the boat? If you really want to water down shit just so some fuddy critic will look less down their nose at you then please see 1.

It's pretty simple - The review score is based solely on marketing (pay-off) and if it fits the narrative that their ideologies require of them. More extensive reviews are also written by the PR teams of said dev/publishers.

Dark Souls has the knight loadout and summon signs, it already has an easy mode.

It's just click b8. These wannabe's are just blogger hacks with no talent and no drive to work hard so they make shitty articles to get quick views.

Again, don't call them Journalists. They aren't.

Those poor fucks, a shame we don't live in times were games are actually challenging.

Have you seen journalists play vidya OP? Devils Third might not be the best game, but I remember two people from Gameinformer playing it like a Gears of War like tps and never touching the melee mechanic. They played the game completely wrong, kept dying, and never thought to change up their playstyle. Add on top of that the recent polygon video.

These people can't play vidya, they don't like vidya, and they are writing "professionally" about things they have no idea about. They don't understand game design, they just got into this "nerdy hobby" via nepotism when theirs bullshit gender studies degrees didn't get them anywhere.

Actually DS3 Had an easy mode that FromSoftware made especially for journalists, they still suck at it

Game Journos are path-of-least-resistance limp wristed silver spoon faggots who've never worked for a thing in their god damn lives. What makes you think they'd even comprehend how to improve at a task, much less desire to do so?

Just think about God Hand.
Then you know how thoroughly they play games.

Do you have one for TW:Warhammer as well?
in the other thread some user said there was a pic with their 10/10sa when nobody passed the 2 hour achievment.

Because journies are normalfags and jews at the same time, and what is more incompotent than a jew or a normalfag? Nothing.

That guy has a nice collection. I'd like to get a couple of those myself.

On Holla Forums thread last year they posted pics of him and his collection.

He's a swiss banker with a family and tons of anime figurines and shit.

I didnt want to undermine the importance of their work, at all. Its just a low-qualification field thats easily fit for people without ambition. Japan puts academics into Kindergartens, my country doesnt.

I speak from experience, now a handful of people working with small children and even spent a few weeks doing an internship in a pre-school.

YOU, GET ON THE DRAW THREAD AND EXPLAIN THIS! →

If I was a soldier and I cried about how hard it is, and how I shouldn't have to exercise, I'd get laughed out.
If I was a programmer and complained about how hard logic is I'd be replaced by a hipster.
These guys are paid to do what we all wanted to do as kids, and they're being ungrateful about it. It's disgusting.

in what sort of parallel world have you been living in because i want to go there.

What's wrong with my other post? What is there to explain?

What did he (You) mean by this?

they use these articles to get attention from people who otherwise ignore them.

Here's why this is dumb: difficulty doesn't matter if the game is actually fun and enjoyable.

If a game is fun, you're going to play it for hours on end, perhaps even for hundreds of hours. Play a game for that long, and you're going to git gud at it regardless of your actual skill level.

Death in a good game isn't a failure, it's a learning experience.

The real question is why anyone cares what they have to say.

>reading the funny lists in the beginning and quizzes at the end

They have to be able to learn for it to be a learning experience user, see the doom gameplay polygon did where they can't move and aim at the same time. I mean fuck have these niggers ever played a game before?

Because having to play videogames gets in the way of them doing their job.

But their job is playing video games. How does their job get in the way of their job?

You don't really believe that, do you?

Nigga maybe if you did not flagfagged people would not be able to fish you out of threads.

Dark Souls has an easy mode if summoning people and having them just play the game for you isn't easy enough you're beyond any help and should just write about movies.

But that is their job I know they don't ever fucking do it because they want to push an agenda but playing video games entails at least 50% of their job.

incredibly incorrect

Never said I minded.

I thought melonpan was German.

You want to elaborate how writing about video games doesn't require playing them?

really? you need evidence that most reviewers don't play the games they review?
hell, polygon got caught doing exactly that with some guitar hero or rock band game at e3 some years back, if i remember correctly

I find summoning people makes it harder. The more you summon the more HP the boss gets and summoned players usually suck and die. Now you have to solo a boss with x5 more HP. I think it's easier to just solo the boss at base HP instead of gambling on the chance at getting non-shit summoned people.

Thanks for the reply, tho. I tried finding the thread you talked about with keywords, but no results.

Just because they don't do their job doesn't mean that playing video games isn't part of their job.

archive.is/KGmS6

And no, he didn't got fiered for essentially not doing his fucking job.

that's true but you also get an unlimited amount of embers incredibly easy so it's not like you lose anything except time by having your summons die

it clearly isn't since no one is getting fired or even reprimanded for halfassing a playthrough if they even get through the tutorial stage

thanks much

Because any semblance of difficulty or a game-over is ableist.
Could argue it discriminates toward the incredibly young and old.
Some could even argue it is in some cases racist and sexist though few would because it would damage their pride.

Every company making $60 tripple-a games that have risks in them in one less company making mobile shit, walking sims and glorified movies that elevate the medium to a true art form.

I'm going to buy MHX in July.
That is going to be my game of the year.
Meanwhile Uncharted 4 will probably win GOTY awards and I'll throw up a little in my mouth.
Darksouls 3 will be nominated in many but not win simply because it is a Japanese game.

it's dead, it was about Spooky's House of Jumpscares > Spooky's Jumpscare Mansion

Anyone that thinks Dark Souls is hard is shit at videogames in general.

There needs to be pushback. Making sure the devs know there's some market for games that aren't piss easy but not somd on lolsohardxD

People who get their jobs through nepotism don't get fired user, besides the people they work for don't seem to give a fuck if they don't do their job right since they constantly release opinion pieces that have nothing to do with video games.

True, But considering challenging games pretty much stopped being made during the 7th gen. It's makes senses that casuals who started with the 7th gen think a game that actually requires a little bit of skill is impossible.

We need more games like Ninja Gaiden that outright insult the player for playing in easy mode. MGSV did something right at least.

Isn't a question of DS3 being good.
It is a question of other games being more than high budget vomit without any consequences for being shit at playing.

And technically MHX is already out in Japan.
You can watch lots of videos from consumers and it is like yeah, it's monster hunter.

I'd watch that
Higher casualty rate

Well German is one of the main dialects of Switzerland.

You can`t really go wrong with Monster Hunter.But yeah I ain`t giving Nintendo my money,I bought my 3DS and a used copy of MH4U for 62 $ from a friend.And I`ll probably do the same with MHX I`ll just buy it used.

What's this anime about? Is it any good?

I thought that first picture said 'paying to win'. I'm not sure why I thought it would say that in a blogger's writeup considering that is a valid complaint about the game industry in [current year]

The whole house of cards is collapsing after the nuDoom footage from Polygon came out.

For two years GG has been saying that these game journalists don't play the games they write about or review and even had evidence to back up their claims that all they did was post stupid political bullshit on social media in their waking hours, these people were frauds as far as the real gaming community were concerned. Nobody believed it; the notion was too absurd. The evidence was too circumstantial. A hoax of this magnitude couldn't go on for years without any of them being exposed. Why would the industry tolerate such obvious liars for so long?

Now there's footage of them struggling to get past the introduction in a modern casual console shooter on the lowest difficulty level, obvious to all that moving and aiming in a FPS isn't something they're used to. Nobody can deny it anymore. All the worthless opinion pieces in the world trying to cover this up won't make any difference.

Newsflash: people nowadays ONLY read headlines. Welcome to the age of illiteracy, my friend. Enjoy the ride.

Why isn`t he moving around ?

It'd be nice if something like this damaged their support to the point that the entire "games journalism" infrastructure collapses, and they have to start over with people who actually play the games they're reviewing.

Now I understand where all the entitled gamers articles come from, they're projecting.

Because he has no motor skills.

because this is the equivalent of giving your parent a controller (amusing they never played a game before) and telling them one stick is to move and the other is to look and seeing if they will figure it out.

Kek

The Song of the Sea should have won best animated pic
Also we should be happy that these impotent retards are ousting themselves as the incompetent fun killers that they clearly are to the mainstream. I think even a casual would look at the recent polygon MOOM footage and see the disconnect there

But isn`t his fucking job to review video games ?

I've said it in this thread before, they don't actually do their job and the only reason they don't get fired is because of nepotism and the fact that nobody gives a fuck about video games.

"Review video games" means "complain about muh soggy knees". It doesn't actually involve playing games.

I hate this mentality so much. I hate that if you bring up problems with video game reviewers, the general response is "Calm down, nerd, they're just video games, nobody cares". If you had a movie reviewer who outright stated that they didn't watch the movies they reviewed, people would be upset. But because video games are just toys, nobody gives a shit.

No user, your parents should be able to do that. Sure they will have shit reaction times, poor grip, maybe even let the sticks go but if your parents can't move the analog sticks you might want to give them a retard test

if you were at ANY JOB and cried about the difficulty of it, you would be replaced by some one who can do the job without complaining

these journos are also people who don't have any video game related backgrounds and fell ass first into the business because there aren't really any regulations you just need to be able to type out some bullshit

people are also too gutless to call out artfag games, and cinematic bullshit because once again the medium is young and some idiots think it needs to be some kind of "art" form when video games already had a path for it's "art" carved by games that people remember forever, stuff like DOOM and super mario world and fucking tetris. none of those games are full of artfag shit, but everyone knows what they are, and would replay them at any given time

The tide is definitely turning, femfreq complaining about doom of all games being violent was when the general public started realizing these people know absolutely nothing and are wrong more often than not. Even a mangina like notch is calling game journalists out in between tweets proclaiming what an amazing feminist he is and how he's all for equality.

If it was a female professional game journalist who played this poorly and uploaded the video as being 'normal first 30 minutes of gameplay' it would be unthinkable for these same people to criticize it of course. Some are more equal than others.

doesn't even sound far off the mark for AAA games

Because they're marxists and love to see things that they do not even enjoy ruined.

Up next:

i can't believe modern penny arcade actually had the guts to make this comic

Games "Journalists" are trying to push their agendas and they know it's not working. If they keep screaming about making games easier they might get that wish and bring in a even wider audience so they can try and push their agendas on people that don't know better. which would fail because the average Joe laughs at feminists and sjws

It's allows them to write articles faster.

I saw something about the press release version having lower enemy HP or something, and people were commenting on how some streamers appeared to be killing bosses way too fast and taking very little damage.

Was that actually a thing?

I too wish to go back to the barenstein universe :^)

If you're good, sure, but if you're bad just holding up your shield while someone else kills the boss for you is the way to go.

user, are you in heaven?

at this point i wouldn't be surprised if he starts going Holla Forums, which Sweden really needs.

My mom can barely play Super Mario Bros.
I'm pretty sure she would be that bad if I gave her an FPS for the first time.

But my mom doesn't care about video games she wouldn't want to waste her time to learn how to play properly and nether do game journalist.

Oh boy you have been missing some fun.
twitter.com/notch/status/734317509873139716

He doesn't live in Sweden though he moved to like LA or something.

After seeing that faggot from polygon failing hard at nuDoom do you really need to ask?
It's so that they don't appear incompetent at their jobs, obviously they disguise it as wanting all games to be "inclusive". The truth is they're just shit at games

I hate to say it, but that's pretty good.

This guy

Completing one 60-hour game every time they need to write a review takes too much time out of their day. They would rather have the game play itself so they can write another useless article and get paid.

As a freelance artist, I wish those hippies would get real jobs.

Has anyone modded nuDoom to turn all the monsters into sexy ladydemons yet? Would Bethesda even allow this?

I work a shitty 9 to 5 in a warehouse and all of coworkers laugh at feminists

It's because these journos are all arts major faggots who were never taught in their collage courses how to appreciate elegance and balance in game mechanics as an artform, forming a synergy between gameplay and player mastery. So they treat games as an interactive form of the traditionally existing art forms they know about - like music, film, theater, etc. The idea that a game demands that the player bring something to the table, or work to develop a skill, in the form of mastery of the mechanics is alien and obtrusive to them. It demeans the art in their eyes, because they view it as an unnecessary obstacle to appreciating the game as if it were a piece of traditional art.

Plus you can just look online to find out what the most overpowered gear is, and which stats to level up, and turn every Souls game into a cakewalk.

Their job is to play video games and they are fucking lazy.

I.e. they're not used to having to develop actual skills with art, rather than fart-sniffing "critique".

user most of the people that contribute to society hate all this bullshit. I work with nothing but women and most of them are poor black and filipino women. None of them ever talk about any of this bullshit. One time some "lady" came in and made a big stink about which washroom she is allowed to use. Everyone just made fun of her the instant she left.

Wasn't easy mode created for Journalists? I vaguely remember reading that.

They are probably the same faggots that always make those "op elements are needed so new players don't leave" argument.

These weird penny arcade faggots you gg followers like have a whole video about it.

because they are tired of people ignoring their opinions by being aware these people are shit at games.

Oh yeah, almost forgot about this gem:

The New Games Journalism by Kieron Gillen

gillen.cream.org/wordpress_html/assorted-essays/the-new-games-journalism/

Just in case anyone of you wondered why all the bloggers journos focus so much on their fee-fees rather than the mechanics of the game they were supposed to write about.

I work a shitty 8-to-8 at a game company and everyone laughs at feminists too

Don't forget that Ben Kuchera ran their PA Report section straight into the ground and permanently damaged their brand. They've called him out before for how full of shit he was.

While everybody was disgusted with the xbone's always online DRM scheme to prevent games from being resold and the mandatory spy camera this dumbass was praising Microsoft for it. That article got so much flack they wiped it from the site before shutting down PA Report.

Months later Ben gets hundreds of thousands of dollars from Microsoft and is praising them for every single thing they do to this day, here are a few notable headlines of his;

Oh and here's a video of his.

This article was written in 2012, and man did this ideology fucking backfire on them spectacularly.

Implying they wouldn't make it 100% safe before that.

Well GP2 and GP3 exist. But if you want deaths Indycar is better.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_burn_centers_in_the_United_States

I still remember that " KoF 13 and it's casual racism and sexism" article.

That's because the idea of being "skilled" at creating or appreciating art, or the idea that some art is inherently more valuable or better than any other expression, is absurd to their relativistic post-modern sensibilities.

The PS4 buttons are fucking stupid though I use the damn thing like once every 3-4 months. My PS4 is down by my feet so I just mash the buttons with my feet always forgetting which is which. I nearly always end up ejecting the disc before turning it on.

You'll notice that Ben uses this term in his review when he's complaining about how 'the human condition' makes war and human suffering inevitable. In a technically accurate shooting gallery simulator for VR.

Another great phrase in there is how people will post the correct firearms jargon he's butchering in the comments, which were disabled of course.

Where can I get more of this car wreck?

The problem with the new journalism shit is twofold and some of them don't want to see it.

1) Every person's experience is different and even when they are experiencing the same thing, such as a particular videogame, the feelings of each person playing will not be uniform. Case in point: Your taste in videogames is shit.

2) This focus on describing the experience or the feelings you have when playing a game is done 10 fold better in another medium. Another medium that in fact is bending them over and buttfucking them handily. Youtube and twitch are capturing that section of the market far better then they ever could. For all their boners over the Hunter S Thompson style of gonzo journalism, they don't realize that the format they love actually works better on video. This clinging to an old print medium shows how out of touch they are and that they don't understand what Thompson was doing doesn't work today. He was a different man from a different time.

Hold the PS button on the controller.

There, console is on.

Might as well throw your investment money in the trash

Yeah with video even if the person you are watching hates the game they're playing you are still seeing the game and might find it interesting and vice versa. The video format makes their bullshit completely and utterly obsolete. Except for conveying actual news which the companies do themselves now.

Whenever I wanna use the stupid thing the power has gone out so it isn't in a sleep state or whatever. The controller cannot turn it back on.

monthly =/ seasonal mags user

They all want a fucking gold-medal without having to put the work in.

Special Snowflake-losers, that's what they are!

Thanks d-g that i live in non-anglo country and Journalist actually play, review and like games here.

Because they don't actually play videogames.

I cannot even think of anything where the buttons are arranged in a vertical line like that, so I don't know where this rule could have come from.

I included the full title and youtube identifier in the metadata, check that next time.

youtube.com/watch?v=d3pQ0oO_cDE

It's gotten more views than the original video from polygon.

Can't embed due this site's limited functionality with javascript and HTML5 storage turned off.

They have an affinity for writing that clouds their judgement on all new forms of media, they hated podcasts as well. Nobody wants to listen to them speak or watch them play, now that the popularity of video in gaming is undeniable they're going to be considered dinosaurs clinging to a dead format.

it does have an easy mode

Actually…
It's just that we didn't notice that until about 2011/2012.

You'd probably have a better time finding podcasts on that. Maybe blogs or web zines if you're lucky.

sunbros are the ones who make it easy, it's the blue baby covenant that's easy mode.

känns bra mannen.

Well, to be fair, they fixed the buttons in the new revisions. They're now proper physical switches, and they got rid of the shitty glossy plastic too.

where

Since when center right is called nazi?

Poland

i fear for you guys, i fear for all of us really.
i know we'll come out in the end, i just wish it would come already cause i can't bear the current state of the world.

since tumblr became a direct feed to the UN.

Come on, it's 2015, Nazis are anybody you don't like.

Not that I'm surprised since they don't teach faggots how to play games in Marxist indoctrination courses, only how to bitch about them.

hello polandbro

>parents immediately move to 3rd world shithole for better job the region in specific is still yuro tier good but imagine wrapping your favorite meal in shit. Sure, most of it wasn't affected by the shit but nobody sane would eat that

We have quite a few parties actually. SD has been rising since every single one of the others is SJW as fuck. Even if some of them don't agree with SJW shit they will pretend to in order to not anger them. The result is the same.

Yes even DSP got a easy DS3 copy, you can check it out in the "This is how you don't play"videos

Because they are retards, obviously.

Funnily enough Dark Souls 3 was easier for journos. The day 1 patch that enabled online play made it harder by giving bosses more health and making them do more damage.

Leftists. Can't even hold their own beliefs properly.

Why do journos want easy mode?

Why do cops want military-grade gear?

Why do feds want mass surveillance?

Because they are all lazy asses who don't want to do their job right, they want their jobs to be made easy so they can keep collecting their paychecks with a minimum of effort.

Is it just me or has their art gotten worse?
I haven't been to their site in years but that comic looks worse than the ones I remember

Pretty sad, especially that you probably wont learn polish now since its pretty hard and useless outside of Poland

Because if a game isn't easy, that means it's difficult. If it's difficult, that means you have a chance of failing at the game. If you fail at the game, you lose. If you lose consistently, you're a looser. We can't very well have a dichotomy of "winners" and "losers" - that's an open invitation for inequality. Everybody must be a winner. Everybody must get a trophy/achievement for just participating. Nobody should get their feelings hurt just because they're not as good at a game as someone else. Nobody should get their feelings hurt just because they're bad at a game.

We wouldn't want to damage the self-esteem of the little shits we're grooming to be the next generation of self-absorbed delusional narcissistic shitheels, would we?

Oh, silly user. White people don't have a culture, only everyone else does.

When i went through new areas I went way of the blue just so that I could give darkmoons something to do.

yes, for dark souls 3

Thank you.

I am retarded please help me, I don't understand why the Mona Lisa is held in such high regard, it just seems like a normal portrait to me. All the other ones have something special about them, like the first's attention to detail or the 4th's feels, but what is it about Mona Lisa that made it DaVinci's most famous work and a piece of art to be praised?

Memetic powers.

It's the Citizen Kane of paintings.

This.

The Mona Lisa wasn't famous or particularly desirable until someone bothered to steal it.

It gives you a boner.

Oh that makes sense

it's famous cause it was stolen, before that no one cared and frankly rightly so.

Typically, the appeal for it comes from the mystifying expression. You'll notice she has no eyebrows either, making it more difficult to tell.

Bravo Nolan.

I remember seeing the thread where that image was made. However, personally, I wouldn't use that image as evidence since both screenshots and the steam achievements page as fakeable.

At least now we're all using archives, but its quite sad to see past evidence slip away.

No, I mean easy mode being invented for video games just because journalists were so incompetent.

because it is
it's just a portrait with artificial value basically
there's been better

BECAUSE GAMES ARE TOO FUCKING HARD I WANT TO FINISH IT IN A SINGLE AFTERNOON POST THE REVIEW GET MY MONEY AND MOVE ON WITH MY LIFE HOW FUCKING HARD IS THAT TO UNDERSTAND ITS AN JOB I HAVE A WIFE SHE HAS TWO SONS I FUCKING HATE VIDEO GAMES

Who would have thunk it?

because it was a work made at the end of the career of a famous artist that he spent quite awhile perfecting, then it was stolen at some point which made the news.

Casual gamers don't want to enjoy and savor the game. They want instant gratification. They just want to consume and move onto the next.

Because it is supposed to be surrounded by mystery and some stupid details

In this one, if you weren't underage you would know back then magazines (Actual physical magazines not necessarily online shit) actually gave a fuck and did good and complete game reviews.

Because they don't and can't play games. The end. /thread

Kieron Gillen is a SJW cuck

but if it wasn't desirable or famous then why steal it?

Dark Souls isn't that hard once you start to learn the mechanics. Journos like to talk about how we all need to grow up yet don't seem to do any learning of their own.

This is why I think all timely reviews are Cancer.

Like painting over original the fugly bitch so he doesn't feel depressed whenever he remembered it but still similar enough get paid?

That was so cringeworthy.

Its because professional posers are finding it hard to keep up the act around gamers that they can be competent at games. When gamers sniff out frauds they tell others and the website traffic tanks. Hence goodbye easy non hard labour pay check.

Its very clear now that the gaming press, does not care or know anything about video games.

top kek

Most games have an easy mode.
Its only uncharted 4 where it does not count where normal is actually casualized to death. I mean, just put on auto aim. For some unlogical reason they thought a "auto aim hack" was a good idea, also obviously you are going to use it.So you go trough the cinematic game and since its a story driven game where you don't really care about the "git gud" gameplay since you don't have an incentive not to use the "auto aim hack" the normal difficulty gets to be the easy difficulty.

So since I am a lazy faggot I've not played trough it on the hard difficulty but my guess it would be like a normal difficulty with the "auto aim hack"

Dark Souls 3 does not need a difficulty only because when you get to a specific level like 40 the old areas gets easy. It has a great balanced gameplay that only retards will not see as balanced.
So at first its hard, if you don't understand that you need to have a great balance of weight, stamina and hp. So you don't fat roll like a retard, since you need em good rolls.
So I would chose knight only because you have the good enough in the weight level department

New Doom is also one of those games with an easy difficulty, and guess what it is pretty good easy difficulty. It somewhat challenging at the same time, it melts you in there for multiple palytrough for harder difficulties.

So the complaining is there because these journalists want it so you can break the game kinda like uncharted 4. Or when you have a retarded high level on dark souls1 where you can go trough all the zones and just be a destruction god.

what the journalists don't get is that the easy difficulty is there to ease you into the gameplay if you are not familiar with the genre.
So what Ben K from polyhomo does not get is that his first 30min with doom made him look like a gigantic retard and doom does have a certain "git gud" standards.
Plus its an Arena shooter so you are supposed to be moving and shooting, if one fail in that aspect. good luck finishing the game.

Because none of them want to work for their rewards. That's why they got jobs writing/whining about video games.

Why don't we just stop listening to what journalists say?

1. Reviews aren't journalism
2. Because they don't want to put the effort into being professional

They don't play video games. They don't like video games. They don't like people who actually play and enjoy video games.
I've never seen "journalists" show so much contempt for their audience, though I'd almost call it jealousy. They just want to jack off to walking simulators and cinematic experiences while gossiping about politics.
You can see it in the Polygon DOOD footage. Whoever's playing isn't just terrible, they're rushing through it. A tooltip tells him secrets are a thing and there's one nearby but he makes no attempt to find it. He just grabs the key and goes.

I'd really like games to go back to giving easy mode a false ending and stuff like that. Do shit like some SMT games and only offer easy mode until you die a bunch and then laugh at the player for tapping out.
Of course they'll complain about that sort of thing. They already do, but the wonderful thing is when they bitch and moan about how a game is too hard and they can't finish it for their review you can just tell them

Git gud

But Dark Souls does have an easy mode.

It's called magic.

Because they're a bunch of casual shits who don't care about games.

I feel you user. I used to love that magazine.
I'll try to read a new issue every now and then, but I've grown so disillusioned with them that I'll just flip to the top 10, GBU, and the back page.Then I'm done.

Two reasons? They're either baiting people to click on their articles to rage at them and insult them.

Or….. they're legitimately retarded and don't fundamentally understand the games. They don't get how lowering the difficulty so far the games are practically just interactive movies can completely ruin the aesthetic.

Especially in a game like Dark Souls where the difficulty and the gameplay is such a huge focus of why you buy/play the fucking thing in the first place.

Also, who gives a single fuck if games are "taken seriously". Regardless of what non-gamers think video games pull in more money than the film industry regularly and have been outgrowing it for years now. It'll soon eclipse music and film combined if it hasn't already.

I don't give a flying fuck what people think of the medium itself.

underrated post

also off by one

This kind of shit is the equivalent of going into an ethnic restaurant and demanding you get served a cheese burger and some fries with a coke.

Imagine some twat walking into an Indian restaurant and whining about wanting a fucking cheese burger.

He'd rightly look like a retarded and be mocked for it.

This just pisses me the hell off.

I wish I could just grab that idiot by the neck and tell him "Hey asshole, you don't matter. The people who matter are the ones reading your articles. They came to your site to read news about games, so don't talk about yourself instead of the fucking game".

The sad part is that if these people made a separate blog or someshit to talk about their personal experiences with vidya I might even read it and enjoy it. Passing that off as journalism though makes me vomit.

Not completing the game hasn't exactly stopped these hacks from writing their "reviews"

I wish more games were like Ninja Gaiden Black. If people die enough in games they may be embarrassed to be asked to play "easy mode" and stop playing games altogether.

That's the dream.

fucking hell this is a double thinking in a perfect nutshell. fuck off

The only one who is underage here is you.

PC magazines were notorious for overrating shitty games and praising bug ridden pieces of shits with generic phrases that were directly contradictory to the game itself

Because they don't play games, in fact from what I've seen the majority of them hate vidya and only took the job because they're to shit to write for some other publication.

Video game "journalism" is the bottom of the barrel.

Jesus fucking Christ is there more of this?
Does the fucker just shit his pants and run when imps show up?

You're doing god's work user

Someone inform DSP we found his long lost brother.

What in the name of unholy shit do you call this?

Daily reminder, Arthur Gies was the proud fuck of played 30 mins of MOOM apparently and not DOOM.

That's a harelip.

never post this again

You serious? The journo with a Suicide Girls account is also responsible for this cringefest? Source?

Jokes aside smaller devs who don't rely on review hype should literally do this. Just name the easiest difficulty setting "professional reviewer". The first game that does it would get outrage/salt hype for free from the cucks who feel exposed. And following games could then associate themselves with the stunt / back it up and thus gain attention in the same circles as the first game that did it. I wish I had a game just about ready to ship so I could be the first to pull this, it's a great idea.

I thought it was a cleft palate?

Ha.

Game journalists are like book reviewers who are illiterate or auto magazine writers who cannot drive.

In reality, they are simply propagandists infiltrating a hobby, industry & community, that they discreetly or openly loathe, for the sake of agenda-pushing.

It's so that they can complete the game they're supposedly reporting about quicker.
In reality, they don't enjoy video games for what they are– they're already set as far as entertainment goes. They just need to get paid so they can buy for their other hobbies.

So they need an easy mode; this way they can plow through the gameplay aspect and instead focus on what the story has to offer. Instead of doing a review on said gameplay, they use their jounalistic experience to nitpick on what they believe is controversial enough to warrant a headline via the game's own story and character progression.
That, or just outright spoil the story and write an essay.

Speed is key in journalism, so journalists don't have time to play video games.
Unless they're video game journalists, in which case they need to get a real job and stop trying to mess with other people's hobbies to make a quicker buck.

"My wife's son" is my favourite meme of 2016. Closely followed by everything related to Trump.

Because they're journalists, not people who play videogames.

Remember how they have trouble moving and aiming at the same time?

Leave the thread Ben holy shit

It has, yes. Frankly, even B^U's art is more tolerable to look at these days (I'm not saying Buckley's a good artist, but I can stand to look at his comics, and he has made very, very slow improvements in his art; writing's still pretty shit).

If I remember correctly, Piglike took some major "inspiration" from Scott Kurtz (I remember reading him saying something along the lines of "I should never draw the same face twice," hence why even when a character could be expected to have a similar expression between two panels, each panel will have a lolsorandumbXD face on it that's completely jarring), and ever since then his art's just gotten worse and worse. Now he's basically completely Tumblrized, noodly arms and red nose and all. I also notice constant copypasting, in the most egregious case copying the entire panel for three panels in a row and just redrawing the faces. Fuck's sake, your comic is a total of nine panels in a week, and you're not even doing the writing. Can you not take five fucking minutes to redraw your panels? Ronnie draws way more panels each week and still hand-draws every panel, AND writes the comics too, so what the fuck is your excuse?

2010 or so was about the last year that he was drawing well, and it's been a long downhill slide since then.

2010 was also the year of the dickwolves. Coincidence?

You don't /thread on yourself faggot

this

/thread

From what I remember of both of them. He saved you a lot of sanity.

I don't remember DS3 but GIT GUD is attempt to shill for guy from polygon who never played FPS before.

Also they are fucking old most of people who would know about them already know about them, spend 30 seconds in google to catch up.

/thread

Allegedly the thief had no clue what the painting was, knew how skilled the artist was, and figured he could sell the painting (whatever it was) for a shitload on the black market.

The term "harelip" is referencing how a pallet, not fully formed, resembles the lip structure of a Hare or Rabbit.

LA needs it too.

this

Holy shit, when did Notch become actually kind-of based?

He's been laughing down games journalism, misandrist feminism, and even console gamers.

Doesn't make up for how Minecraft ended up, obviously, but I can't help but have at least a little bit more respect for him.

I suck at writefagging. In fact, it's my first time.

Which boss did this make you think of?
For me, it's Credo from DMC4.

I thought of Ornstein and Smough when writing this, though I'm sure I've had a better blast with an other boss, but just can't remember it.

HA

I don't exactly know, but I do know that a lot of the time (S)NES/Genesis games were easier in the USA than they were in Japan, and that's more because children are generally more incompetent than journalists.
As Polygon's Doom video shows, that's a pretty big "generally," though.

I can't wait to start making games knowing what actual gamers would enjoy just so I get the catharsis of blissfully and literally responding with "No, now fuck off".

That "end Git Gud culture" article actually states that.
archive.is/ijR5V#selection-751.234-751.307

>I chatted to [another journalist] the night before [Homefront: The Revolution] came out, after I’d written my review, and he mentioned how long he’d played it for. I realised I’d been playing for far longer than him and hadn’t got as far.

Who's saying it's a "damned good review?" Yourself? I'm actually want to be a games critic when I get out of college, but goddamn if these retards don't make me want to destroy the whole industry.

Learn from Itagaki.

This is why.

You're an idiot if you want to join these idiots.

I'm not going to say that being good at writing and expressing your opinion isn't important to writing reviews or gaming related articles
but I'd put "actually being able to play the fucking game" at pretty much the top of the priority list here

fukken plebs

This new attitude in games journalism us a marketing gimmick to pander to casuals and non-gamers.

It would actually be a bad thing for them to really know what they are talking about.
It's not a quality control issue.
The problem is that the hobby is being commoditized.

You're a faggot.

Because not everyone revolves their entire identity around what entertainment they enjoy.
Some people just want to mindlessly kill things for a little while, then go do actually useful things.
Doesn't make you better than them for playing games differently.

Because they're bad at video games

Not unless you try to make money out of doing it.

Then why make a thread about it? None of that shit is worth the time to even post about it

Lets Players are shit, but not because they're unskilled at games.

If these people don't want their lives to revolve around video games, they should have picked a different job.

Bpsrem

probably around the time he got 2 billion dollarydoos and realized he didn't have to care about anything ever again

You like football? You know the rules from head to tails. You also play football often.

You like movies? You get to know a lot about making movies and narrative techniques, filming techniques, even some practical special effects. You probably watch a lot of movies too.

You like videogames. You know how the industry actually works. And you should also play games pretty often to work at something this related to videogames. Making articles about games isn't a millionaire industry either. What reason would anyone have to dedicate time to a medium they don't like. Desperation?

So yeah. "Differently" is playing with voice, it's changing how you play the game. Sucking at the game isn't differently. It's sucking at the game.

Also the industry doesn't need to change for people who writes a lot about games but barely touch one. Not mentioning about all games today are easy as fuck and you need to play them on hard to have some sort of challenge

Found the games "journalist"

Its a thing to talk about that still attracts peoples attention "lol dark souls 3 would be totes better if the game was easy!"
I dont believe any of the journalists give a sloppy fist fuck about rape or mysoggeny or racism, they just write shit that panders to those that do.

This was my first victory against Nameless King in DS3.

Ended up beating him with no estus and just a pinch of life

Wrong quote, meant to

Journos should play games differently. They should play better and see deeper. They should know what makes games tick and know how they are put together.

Who the fuck gives a shit about medias anymore?
Stop talking about them that's all.

I'll have to consider yarring this when it gets cracked. I'd consider giving zenimax their cut if it was 20, 60 is just extortionate.

All of that implying, holy shit.

I swear to God, this fucking bait.

GET OUT

holy shit I wanna see that

Some people play games to relax, and put their effort into other things.
Which is fine, but they really shouldn't go around demanding all games be relaxing comfy baby games just to appease them.

It's like they want the bragging rights of doing some hard but don't want to do the difficult thing.

Also it seems like people think that if they ever fuck up they're retarded faggot failures that should kill themselves, when no, everybody fucks up, you've just got to take it easy, relax, and have fun while you slowly get better, and think of new techniques to beat the game.

And the people telling you that you should kill yourself or are sub-human for not being able to beat a game perfectly the first time playing it are probably mentally ill and need psychological help.