Just beat Yakuza 1 as my first ever Yakuza game

Just beat Yakuza 1 as my first ever Yakuza game.

JESUS FUCKING CHRIST TELL ME YAKUZA 2 HAS REAL CAMERA CONTROL

good game for its time otherwise though

Don't worry user. It gets better.

A lot of fans consider 2 to be the best. But personally, I prefer 4 the most,.

anyone have a good ISO of Yakuza 2? The one I have kind of fucks up on the running, so I'll be running in one direction and it'll cut to walking 2 or 3 times by the time I get across the screen

So can I actually use the right stick to move the camera during fights in 2? Is it at least faster?

2 is the same engine as 1, so no
I believe that only comes around at 3

No, but it's definitely way less clunky. You'll be fine.

Fuck.

It was totally bullshit when fighting Majima the second time and Jingu, and basically every single fight with multiple enemies where they all end up out of camera shot on the bottom and I can't see shit that's coming. Especially gun fuckers.

Calm down. We said it gets better.

If anything, the worst part of Yakuza 1 for me was the car shooting part, the truck at the end went by way too fast for me to shoot correctly, so I ended up dropping the frames on the emulator to do it

Yakuza 2 zooms the camera waaay out during fights, and you can use L2 to center it behind you like always.

That alongside actually being able turn during a combo makes Yakuza 2's combat a hell of a lot better.

At least you only had to do it once.

The devs have definitely gone a long way with shooter mechanics since that sequence.

Interesting. I actually have both Yakuza 1 and 2 sitting ready to go because I'm going to play them pretty soon.

They're certainly worth a play, not only have they aged rather well for PS2 games in terms of visuals, but the gameplay is enjoyable enough as a beat em up as well.

Use L2 for that. And remember, Yakuza 2 gives you the ability to attack in any direction, making the game play a lot better.

bump

bumpu

Should have played Kiwami then
Ara ara user-kun, don't tell me you plan on playing RGG without learning Nip

That's a terrible idea. Moving onto 2 would be a massive downgrade.

My emulator crashes right when I fight the old man at the beginning. what do?

I'm using PCSX2 1.2.1 and it works fine

if the game lets me golf at some point i'll probably just burst out laughing with real joy

why can't sega translate these damn games? holy shit

If I want to get into these games should I get the early ones for PS2? I don't have the hardware to emulate.

Additionally is there any order I should play them in?

that's from 4. it's translated

If you want a 'quick' catchup on the story and to start playing on the PS3, Yakuza 3 has video summaries of the first 2 games.

You should play them first to last.

Fair warning: if you skip 1 and 2 it will be harder to go back and 2 is fucking amazing.

Also skipping any will mean you're missing series long character links, they're not major, but still, there will be minor characters who you bump in to that you'll be clueless about. Plus certain deaths, this series kills characters regularly, won't mean as much.

Yakuza 3 has golf. I forget if it's in 4 or not.

So where the fuck can I get a physical copy of Yakuza 3 and 4 when my local FUCKING GAMESTOP don't have 'em?

Time to fucking die.

Get 2 you dumb fuck.

Amazon

I'm the same. 2 definitely improves a lot of issues but still carries over a few. 4 just feels great all around.

Why is 2 so fucking expensive?

It came out in 2008 in the US. Take a guess.

its old and the HD collection never got translated

It is translated tard.