Nintendo in 2016

Does anyone else get the feeling that Nintendo is actually trying to avoid making games?

I feel like they're trying to make a business out of nothing more than using their nostalgia characters as marketing tools and not making games anymore. What do you think?

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/NintendoAmerica/status/731170778276712448
exhentai.org/s/2a975ed568/685247-17
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I don't think it's that they don't want to make games but rather they want you to only like a very small and specific type of game they're willing to make.

uh what?

Please kill yourself, you spamming autist. They still make games, you just don't like the new ones, get over it.

Nintendo didn't start as a game company, it isn't going to stay one forever.

Get ready for the Nintendo Cinematic universe, mobile games and amiibos for all hardware after the NX flops.

Nintendo never dies they just change and it wont be the first time they do it.

I believe in meme magic.
Also, they're just going the way of the modern game developer. I'm confident we're going to have a crash within the next 5 years.

Basically this. They were a card game company if i remember right.

None of this as a concept is new, and by thinking it is new you prove yourself to be underaged or retarded. Take your pick which one you rather be known as.

Every game they put out is somewhat censored.
When it isn't, it's panned by gaming journalists saying it's misogynistic (see Bayonetta 2).

Alright, Ill bite the hook.

The last thing I think is nintendo is using nostalgia to sell their properties. Otherwise Splatoon wouldn't have been one of the most well-selling games on the Wii U and Bayo 2, Fire Emblem C/B and whatnot would not have been nearly as profitable.

I think whats going on right now, and an explanation for the clear lack of games, is they got that fancy new system coming out so they are in an awkward place of making games for that but waning to stall as much as they can before its release. With the fact that only one of these games is known (Zelda) It seems like they are pretty barren.

Personally i think its just what we are seeing, not whats happening.
I think their E3 'thing', they are doing will inevitable show a few (but I am not expecting much) games for all their consoles.
I feel like when they actually start showing a ton of information of the new system and its launch games is going to be the tokyo game show.

I had one of those as a kid, they were great. Probably still have the card itself somewhere.
They were recalled after a kid choked on the case, if I remember correctly

Nintendo died with the super nintendo, everything after that was either a gimmick or hand full of good games.
Anyone still loyal to Valve/Steam, Microsoft, Sony or Nintendo are fucking morons in my books.

This

All the good toys get recalled after one retard chokes on em
I thought they were movie-theatre bonuses though?

i remember the golem top
i remember the kabuto and seadra squirtgun
the mew and mewtwo with the light thing
the kanghaskang keychain

It's like getting married.

good shit, had the Blastoise, Psyduck, Jigglypuff, Golem and Nidoran ones.

Always wanted a Cubone and Sandrew

I remember getting mine from Burger King. They might have been distributed differently in different areas.

I lost hope in them after amiibo stuff started ramping up. It's painful, being a long time Nintendofag who grew up with every Nintendo console being the best in its generation for the first 20 years of my life. The Wii was writing with its usually poorly implemented waggle, and the Wii U was actually looking pretty good, and I'm convinced it would have been a really good console without any of the amiibo shit, and if it was actually getting games.

I just wanted video games. Why is it too much to ask for a game console just to have video games these days?

This can't be real.

I know that Nintendo has released TOYS in the past for happy meals, it's just the fact that they are adding actual amiibo to the meals.
No need to be flustered, guy.

The Wii U has some really good original (and sequel) games, but remember that it came out 2012. Its lineup is fucking pathetic for a 4 year old console. There have been consoles that had a better launch lineup than the Wii U's current library.

Welcome to the real world son

twitter.com/NintendoAmerica/status/731170778276712448

who's dat boi?

You're deluding yourself because you're so casually accustomed to taking constant game releases for granted when there's thousand different companies behind them. Nintendo dev teams aren't the biggest there are.

I remember it as them being small bonuses to kids who went to see pokemon: the first movie in theatre but i may be mistaken.

I wouldnt say 2012. I would more say the middle of its lifespan.
I see the Wii U as both starting and ending on a bad note, but i felt the middle of its life was pretty solid for a while.

A normalfag facebook meme

blog/10

Oh I am sorry I just realized i misread your post. I thought you meant something more along the lines of 'All its good games came out in 2012'
Apologies, I misunderstood.

If you've been following Nintendo news lately,
there has been speculation that Nintendo has plans to make movies/cafes/theme parks.

New head of Nintendo will definitely do anything to keep Nintendo earning their shekels

That's understandable, but aren't Nintendo making a shit ton of Amiibo cash right now? Can't they spend some of that money to get get other people to make some games for them?

Wow, sega proving to be the superior company once more even when it comes to funposting.

Nintendo fans really are the new biodrones.

Silly faggot, good games take too much money to develop. If they're good enough, shitty localizers will botch it into English and you wouldn't want to buy it anyway.

Now all the rage is making hardware everyone will buy and no one will develop for: an endless generation of no games! I really hope the NX flops, but I know fanboys will lap it up regardless.

I don't think anyone is looking forward to the NX, I'm not after how bad the Wii U was, don't even get me started after last year when they showed off Animal Crossing Amiibo Parade and them saying the real reason behind making it was just for amiibo.

A noble attempt, but a useless one nonetheless.

If they already bought it, they will defend it.
When the NX is released they will lap it up, just check some PS4 threads and check out how many anons are advocating or "waiting" for the PS4.5

Next Gen will be the Iphone gen

The worst part is that after Mark went Nuclear on that xenoblad thread and outed himself as a nintendo "fan", they came out of the woodwork and Holla Forums never really recovered. What a sad state of affairs this has been.

How anyone can defend those poorly made McDonald toys that look like cheap Chinese knockoffs with a straight face I will never understand.
They're fucking physical DLC the most cancerous thing since paid mods.

they're only showing zelda for nx
deal with it, you bought a gamecube 2

Why are we having so many fucking console war/shill thread in this days?Fucking niggers.

However yes,Nintendo is trying to avoid making too many games,probably because WiiU was planned to die soon or because the trend it's that.I mean did you see this generation?
REMASTER EVRYWHERE

You say that now, but then theyll show the console and your feeble comsumerist brand loyal brain will see the "shiny" and youll hype it up while thinking only about the pros and none lf the cons.
The lurkers will start posting an shilling like theres no tomorrow, and thus the cycle begins anew.

Another shitty barely memorable cancerous console gen, only this time the upgrades are minimal for yearly/biyearly releases.

Fuck you. The gamecube actually had some 3rd party gems like Eternal Darkness. The wii u/NX era is just them doubling down on their new wii fanbase.

I was half-kidding about the biodrone crack but now i'm not so sure.

I won't disagree, but the PS4 and Xbone certainly aren't one of them.

"Killer" launch titles aren't a thing anymore. They haven't been for years. You're supposed to buy a console on promises now, nothing more.

Gamecube had some solid third party installments. Wii U has virtually none.

Its getting better now that even Mark is shitting on Ninty thought.
Still some absolute cancer out there.

I WISH they were trying to avoid making games.

I know Zelda is going to be their main focus, but the thought that it will be just zelda with no breaks doesn't make sense to me.
Again I am not expecting much, but two or three new announcements and just a few spare minutes of gameplay for the streamers to take a break from zelda is all I am expecting.

What?We are having a strange amount of console war thread,usually Nintendo or Sony,fuck sake yesterday there was the Uncharted 4 one.
Nintendo isn't making many games,exactly like the counterparts.Hell probably only Xbone went out of its way to make some new things but their marketing pre and post launch plus their idiotic idea sent everything to shit?

They are avoiding making games.

Are you projecting dude? The 3DS and Wii U gave me buyers remorse so hard that all I feel like doing is just emulating old games, I mean my PS3 had more playtime than both systems combined.

No, they are avoiding making good games.

What's worse is that if you are a weeb then the vita has more vidya than the fucking 3ds and since it's a niche platform no one gives a shit about soggy knees there. Let that sink in for a second.

this entire gen is fucking weird

absolutely nothing gets 3rd party support except for fucking vita
ps4 wins by doing nothing (or maybe bloodborne)
pc is dominated by f2p skinnerbox games
mmo games are completely dead

I just hope VR will really spice up our next-next gen and it won't fizzle away like 3dtv

The Vita has great hardware and constant great sales and I've had more fun using it than my 3DS, it's just that Sony botched it so hard with a stupid name and overpriced proprietary memory card bullshit.

their wii fanbase keeps their wii consoles in the attic and probably already forgot that was a thing

You have no idea how well it will take off. Gotta control the goyim somehow.

Then why buy a Wii U?
Sure, it looked promising during 2013/2014, especially due to heavy comparisons to the other two pieces of shit, I myself was considering to buy one.
But I stopped to think and reminded myself that early adopters are fucking idiots and Amiibo and news of mobileshit were a thing, so refrained from doing so, good thing too, Nintendo has become cancer and CEMU is a thing.

Most people dont think like that thought, just look at all the E3 reaction videos.

Makes a change from only releasing the same handful of games every few years, I suppose.

What?

if you insist

Of course we all understand that, but you know Nintendo. Always at least five years behind the curve. Hopefully with the NX it will finally click with them that those people aren't buying their products anymore, but somehow I doubt it.

bloodborne became irrelevant once darksouls3 came out.

Yeah I still have one of those around my house too. Iirc the sweet pokeballs that came with those cards weren't the ones that killed the retard, it was the cheap shirty ones that came with the toys in 's pic.

nintendos last good/original console was SNES. every other console was a marketing exploit or attempt at cashing in on popular characters.

n64 was the 1st real 3D console and got lucky, even though PC and 32 bit consoles of the time ended up doing everything the n64 did, but better.

gc was the purple kids console with mario characters and big round buttons on a tiny controller for childrens hands.

wii lied about motion controls and sold consoles to parents and kids that fell for it.

wii u if you still havnt learned at this point, youre either a fanboy or a retard. you might as well unironically wear a mario hat in public.

second redminder said in this thread that snes was last good console in the entire gaming industry

Damn, wrong artist
exhentai.org/s/2a975ed568/685247-17

That's not the Dreamcast.

The Gamecube sounds pretty good when the worst thing you have to say about it was that it was purple.

What is this meme even about

This has been evident since the Wii let everyone down. The amount of franchises that they sat on and still are sitting on versus the ones who have had games come out show for that.

The Wii was insanely hyped up because it not only promised a revolutionary design based on motion controls but fanboys had the unrealistic expectation that it was a symbolic return to all things great about video games and that Nintendo would be the face of that. To Nintendo, they took that as a sign that they could make way more money pandering to nostalgia and utilizing iconography than making new games. This is why their games have been incredibly lackluster and only use the most basic formula for their franchises. They're not interested in making new games that improve the formula, they're only interested in doing the bare minimum and keeping things as close to the mainstream perception as possible. And let's not forget that they were the biggest aggressor into the casual gaming market. Forget casualization of mainstream games, Nintendo was the one who built an entire console around that. Wii Wii would like to play - it was in the name. What do you think the Wii U means?

Nigga what?
SNES was amazing, yes, but the N64's problem was lack of VIDEO GAMES. It just had nothing on PS1 and PC libraries at the time.
Gamecube had the same problem, fucking no games compared to PS2, PC, or even exbawks and dreamcast (though by the end of the GC's life it surpassed the DC, obviously, because it just had much more time to pump out games).

Wii had games, but too many were terrible shovelware, and they abandoned good games for gimmick games.
Wii U is just them trying to do both actual games and gimmick games at the same time, and I DO find it a lot better than the Wii, but then again I basically just play PC only nowadays.

its not a meme. It's some vine / nigger twitter bullshit

Didn't they also try to run sleazy hotels?

Why the fuck

Because nintendo is appealing to the gamer market as well. See how hip and with it they are? Shitting on their old fanbase and then begging them to come back to new nintendo won't come back to bite them in the ass at all!

Didn't Playboy also publish an article shitting on people complaining about censorship.

I still remember those Wii newspaper ads from years ago with Reggie saying how your average target audience for nintendo are no longer "basement dwelling, pasty white nerds" but pretty and socially respectable normalfags, clean shaved and in white shirts.
I never forgot and i never forgave, i hope they enjoy their new audience… oh wait!

And the worst part was that the drones here were praising him for that shit. That's when I knew not only nintendo died but the new fanbase clearly doesn't want us around. Glad to see nintendo's house of hanafuda cards finally falling apart. Hopefully they can recover and go back to actually making video games without the kikery.

I don't remember that at all. I remember Yamiyuchi saying that since the beginning, but until you find me one of those newspaper ads, I'm pretty sure you're pulling that out of your ass.

Why would anyone be a Nintendo fan in 2016?

Ignorance, nostalgia, brand loyalty or a mix of them.

Mental retardation.

There are many problems ill put Nintendo under
But bringing in casuals had everything to do with Sony. Especially the PS2 with the DVD player. Who the fuck do you think casuals bought a ps2 for and made explode in popularity, the games? Listen faggot. Wii never made it to the sales numbers that ps2 did. All Wii did was feed of the casuals that the ps2 brought in.

The Gamecube deserved to fail. It's pretty amazing how much they botched a console that actually had good hardware.

Why would anyone be an EA fan? Why would anyone be a Bioware fan anymore? Why would anyone be a Steam fan anymore?

see .

And here we see the nintendo fan using one of their most trusted talking points. They will drag another company, usually one they hate, and use it as a punching bag to deflect any criticism.

They were news articles, as in the paper ones, i will try my best to track them down.

Bingo. Nintendo is a shitty nigger company and it's satisfying watching them fail.

Used to be a diehard Nintendo fan.
They're dead to me, I didn't even buy a Wii U and I definitely won't get an NX.

I wasn't aware these 'newspaper ads' were a thing.

Is there a source to this? I might finally have a reason to pawn off my fucking Wii.

It sounds like you're talking about that Yamauchi article about RPG gamers.

He was talking about the Wii. He said stuff like that since the 80s. If there's a Nintendo Exec that would call gamers pasty nerds, it would have been him, and it would have been nothing new, and would have been the same guy who was chairman of nintendo since the 50s almost until the Wii launched.

There's no way Reggie would have done that. Yamauchi had the old Japanese businessman give-no-fuck attitude. Reggie is way more PR-conscious, having been managing companies for years before he was a part of Nintendo, and would never let any line like that slip, especially in any fucking newspaper interview.

I guarantee it's bullshit.

You can be a fan of everything,if you aren't a mindless idiot like the people who buy Bethesda games now.But if that kind of objective thought is too hard,better don't be a fan of anything.

He is right on that.PS2 sold so much because it was used as DVD player and from there casual got an easy access point.They were too much,they usually played the same three-four game every year(FIFA,Pes,Madden,CoD and GTA San Andres),they created an echo chamber and then shit went down with the 360 and finally the 2007.

My last nintendo console was a N64,that gen i had Xbox Hueg first and then PS2 after.At worst i could call myself a xbox fan

It was always shit like that. Pastel shirt families in houses with absurd amounts of natural lighting.

Fuck NX, fuck Nintendo.
They should just go under and their IPs buried with them.

Won't be surprised if they were the first to drop out of gaming and consoles when NX flops.

There's no way a nigger in a position of power, who saw NoA staff up with pedophiles and hardcore communists under his watch, would trash Whites and try to push them aside for a new, chocolate consumer base?

It's like it's your first day on fullchan.

Nintendo is fucked. Their home consoles have terrible 3rd party support.

Nowadays making a game takes a 50 million budget and 4 years. Even Nintendo can't churn out a good game every month with dev cycles like that.

Proof: they have ONE game at E3.

Imagine Sony was the only one supporting the PS4. That is exactly were the wiiU is at.

Splatoon proved that they know how to make good games when they give a shit. As an optimist I'm hoping they are working on more new projects to surprise us with in a few years time. Who knows, they might be saving new IPs for the NX.
Then again I thought the same about the Wii U. For all we know the NX might just be a giant mass of Amiibo, like that Castlevania boss Legion.

All I want is good vidya, and I'm willing to put money down on a console that provides me with good vidya. If the NX has good vidya I'll get it, but if Nintendo keeps going full retard I'll stick to my PC/Xbox/Vita

so your entire argument is that it was a cheap dvd player and conjecture? Wow, do you work for Kotaku?

And to some extent, fuck Sony as well. They've been shit since Playstation 3 and their useless as fuck Playstation Network.
And fuck Microsoft in general.

Vidya is truly dead

It's like Holla Forums just popped. Find some cuckold thread on /wx/ or something if you need to bitch about your secret shames.

AAA you mean

Japanese gaming has gone down the shitter along with Western gaming.

It's not like Korea could save vidya.

Splatoon was an AA game made by some third rate Nintendo division team that managed to strike gold.

No, just vidya at large.
Good thing so many good classic games and backlog exists.

More like they had to make a fps themselves since no sane company would invest money in such a one sided gamble.

And still the wii u is the only 8th gen console worth owning.

I would rephrase your statement. Video games are fucked.

What's the difference between AA and AAA?

Unless you are a hardcore nintendo "fan", just pick it up used and crack that shit for the free 5 or so games worth a shit on that system.

No 8th gen console is worth owning tbh fampai.

This has been a really shitty gen and it ain't getting any better.

Unless you mean buying one to hack it and pirate everything, I can't imagine you're serious.

Buying an Xbone/PS4 if you don't feel like dropping the money on a PC is a perfectly viable purchase. Especially if you didn't pick one up at launch.

PS2 was a success because it targeted teenagers and twenty somethings.

Nintendo has always targeted families and (man)children.

Nintendo is still making the same games they always have. Seriously the guys from Rockstar wouldn't even be able to get Nintendo to return their calls if they wanted to put a GTA on the wiiU.

I didn't start rambling about a nigger "trashing whites" for some "chocolate consumer base".

It might help if you understood what the word "projecting" meant; as that argument still implicates ca6f85, being the one who randomly started bitching about race out of nowhere when it wasn't relevant.

Dude…

At this point, only lower budgets.
Pic related for instance is an AA game despite being the literal best kart racing game ever created.
The reason why fucking Danica Patrick is in is because her sponsors paid for something like 50% of the games budget just so she could be in it.

Right, because their Hanafuda business was such a profitable venture before they went into vidya.

Nintendo's bread and butter are games now. It's what they've made the most legacy and money from, and it's all they can really do anymore. They've imprinted such a family-friendly image on their own logo that there's really nothing "serious" they can produce or develop without the stigma of being the kiddie company.

please tell me the playboy bayonetta is true

I'll never get over how the fucking TF2 Team is in this

Production values, budget and marketing.
AA are usually smaller more niche barebone projects with little polish.
Dark Souls was AA before successfully breaking trought and Bandai Namco started paying it attention and throwing money at it, of course with that come the investors and execs attention which is more often than not negative.

The more the merrier.
It's not like they took the slot of a sega related character like Blaze from SoR or Alice from PS, unlike certain someone.

At least they are video games. Sega really went full retard when they added ecleb leftycucks under the guise of "BUT IT'S FOR CHARITY! :^)".

There's a fucking e-celeb? I know Danica got in but who was the Youtuber?

Sad thing is, it is. They actually paid the porn actress to cosplay bayo. Then they go on a rampant censorship spree.

The Yogscast

Daily reminder that the main reason this thing is in the game is because this youtube eceleb straight up told his autistic fanbase to dogpile the dlc voting thread and get him in for free channel advertising.
We could have had Miku, Segata or anyone else but ended up with this.
In my 500 online races i have seen exactly ONE person using him, while Ryo and M. Sonic are in almost every single race.

And the faggots here still support ecleb bullshit. I fucking warned you faggots the eclebs were the beginning of the end.

Are you purposely being stupid or just a fan?
-It was cheap
-it was a DVD player
-it sold more than 150+ million of units
-No console made the same before(the most sold other console is,PS1 and then Wii with 100 million)
-There were 50 million more people in
-No other console made that
-Dreamcast was dead
-Xbox was a new brand
-GC was in coma
-it got all the major AAA shit contrary to the Xbox,the only counterpart
-FIFA,PES;Madden,GTA,CoD were the game that sold most
-The only people who play the first three are casual who buy the same fucking thing every year
-Everyone had them,even the ones who never played a game.The only instance similar to this was the GBA and Pokemon

Yes it was the PS2 fault,it started the trend of cinematic shit too,topping it with the PS3,the only real complaint i can make to the PS3 beside the stupid high price at start.
X360 is at fault for the complete destruction of everything gaming related:aggressive marketing,pay online,moved the trend from sport game to FPS destroying them,created the "gamer culture".
Wii is at fault for the gimmicky shit,and for advertising gaming for every fucking range of age,it completed what Ps2 and X360 started.We can say every one of them caused what you are seeing around now.

Ive learned to respect PewDiePie and Notch, they know the fanbase they created are cancer and exploit/exploited them while trying to contain them.

These fucking cunts however are self important pricks who think they are someone when nobody but their outside their own pathetic fanbase of children cares about them.

Yes, and look at what it was against at the time. I do find it funny that you ask if i'm a fan and proceed to defend nintendo harder than a biodrone pre ME3.

Is that one of the faggots from cheesy lasgna cast?

You have problem reading?Did your mother drop you as a kid?
Nintendo since the Wii is a cancer,from their stupid maracas gamepad we got the didos from sony and the kinect from MS,which killed Rare,to their ads as fitness console to the old men plays gaming,to their idea of hardware in it,etc.

DUDE!

That's false though, he wasn't in any character poll, he just added in separately from the DLC voting polls.

Pretty sure they couldn't add Miku because of some licensing stuff and Segata was never going to win any polls anyway.

Nintendo has always been a family friendly kike business. Feel free to throw more insults my way in place of an actual argument though. Not that I expect more from people that defend nintendo for free.

Nintendo was so draconic they had to be sued to cut it out, shit they even sued the Game Shark creators.

but is it pornographic?

I find it depressing that the average Holla Forums user is so young they don't remember this shit. It's like seeing Stockholm victims fighting against common sense since all they know is dlc bullshit and a la carte video games.

also not selling the extra hardware some nes/snes/etc games come with separately instead of moving more shekels by making the goyim rebuy it every time they get a game that uses it.

Or shit like making console revisions what they should have been from the start ala gba/ds/3ds

I can overlook if game are good.Or i would never got the Xbox considering who made it.Or PS3
Carts are better than disc,i can still play Super Mario 64 even if the last time i cleaned the console was 15 years ago.And my Megadrive too.
Aesthetic is not the reason i get a console.Didn't get the GC so i don't know more about it.

You are moving the goalpost now:We were talking about the casualization made by the PS2.I never said Nintendo was better than Sony or anything of that kind.

All they know about was what they saw from the AVGN.

Talk about moving that goalpost.

Yea I remember all that shit, hell I when I was a kid I always wondered by some of my carts looked so different from the average Nintendo cart, it wasn't till years later that I learned its because Tengen had broken the copyright bullshit on the Nintendo console and quickly released a bunch of stuff like Gauntlet and Pac-man,

Nintendo's always been out of touch with markets and developers, problem was that being so successful every other company had to deal with them, but once the PS1 came out they all jumped ship.

Its funny how Nintendo had the biggest in creating one of their competitors.

I think you're wrong. Nintendo has marketed the shit out of games like Splatoon.

They started out in the late 1800's making playing cards for the Yakuza

SEGA also shares some of the blame for Sony seeing as they too rejected a Sony/SEGA CD console.

Yes.There isn't a company who is pure or innocent,except some developers who didn't make in the 2000-2010.For the same reason i should not have a PC since Intel/Amd/nVidia are shit.We have to make compromise.
They are.They had a high cost and in the end got fucked by the CD,still they are a better support more reliable and faster.
I'm not defending,i said aesthetic isn't the primary reason i buy a console:i'm not going to look at it or put in my living room to show to guest when they come in.

Third party support is overrated though. SEGA is a good example of what happens to a company when you start selling the company cheap to every third party developer instead of developing and marketing your own products by people employed or under contract with you first.

It's okay,let me help you.

The "I'm smarter than you!" argument. I'm shocked you are already getting to this point. Most drones last longer than this with their doublethink.

i do a bunch of shit in the middle of crowds but i have been doing it for so long i became snek and agent's lovechild

Someone saw you every time. They were just too disgusted to bring it up.

I will if you can even try to explain how i'm doubling down defending nintendo.
There are company who makes console who are without sin?
There are publisher?
Cards can be discussed,be it a Nintendo error it would be just another thing to add to the enormous amount of shit they already did.
Aesthetic is a retard thing to say against a console.You can like it or not,i don't think there is nothing of objective you can find out about the design beside the aeration system.360 is an example of it.

YOU DON'T KNOW WHAT I AM CAPABLE OF
The only time i was really caught was when my math teacher saw me picking my nose in high school, but the next day it was as if it never happened and she was even calling me pretty as usual

Nintendo hasn't been worth shit since 2007 and most people who aren't manchildren or fanboys agree with this.

you didn't have an intimate relationship with your teachers and fellow classmates anonymous?

You know what I miss above all?
Good games
Splatoon was the only thing they tried that was actually refreshing.

One fucking game in one fucking console, everything else has been done before many times better, or barely improved.

intimate doesn't mean "we had an orgy in a golden castle* user

I didn't care for Splatoon when I sampled it at a friends house, but at least you agree everything else they've put out lately is trash.

My statement still stands.

I had a male teacher who probably was an hebe.Touching,words,etc.
Never had pretty teachers,one was a smoker with brown teeth,one had a shorter leg,one was fucking old,another used to hit us with a wood ruler.
But i was called cute in a clothes shop by the dependents.

hey what's up, grandpa

I did, but my teachers never called me "pretty".

Not nationalism or border security, that's for sure.

He's right though. PS2 came out the same time DVD's came out, and was dirt cheap when you took the DVD player into consideration. Meaning a fuckton of people bought it who didn't even play games.

By this logic you can say casuals were brought it via the gameboy thanks to Tetris. The fact of the matter is that nintendo has banked on casuals and sjws. No amount of crying about the ps2 will change that. The ps2 was brought in during an era where geek wasn't chic. Feel free to keep crying about the dvd player though.

This is a level of stupidity you just can't argue with.

Well, you weren't a racially pure white guy in the middle of niggerland then

Nope, I was a racially pure white guy in the middle of whiteland. Apologies for your childhood.

It's not all that relevant, though, when discussing the state of the industry today. The console immediately preceding the PS2 sold ~100 million units, so the market was already heavily expanded.

You're seeing the market for dedicated gaming hardware contract right now, basically to those same 5th generation levels, and Sony is still leading because whether it is exceptional or not, the Playstation brand is a safe, proven place to find pretty much every fucking video game that gets released on consoles.

You'll probably see more bare skin in a Bayonetta game than you will in a modern issue of Playboy. I heard an NPR radio interview with one of their old writers a while ago, and he was basically saying that Playboy is dead in the water. Internet porn and the death of publishing pushed them to expand their format so wide that they lost sight of their own brand, Hugh retired, and now SJWs run the roost. He gave it five years after the move to non-nude before the last of their resources are exhausted and they have to sell the brand piecemeal via licensing agreements just to cover the costs of shutting the doors.

not that bad, being white in niggerland means you're from a bubble where white people flocked to. the few niglets we had got stuck on 1st-3rd grade.

What a horrible time to be alive.

Yea playboy going non nude is their death knell, they've even run GAMERS ARE SEXIST hitpieces to.

Not saying these games are good, but a lot of the best selling games of the last year are 3rd party, regardless of quality, any console NEEDS 3rd party support to survive.

I had to look that up because I didn't believe you.
How the fuck did I not know this?

3rd party support is good for making money, but you don't really need it that much to survive. Nintendo themselves have in fact proven that time and time again as they've found themselves forced solely to depend on their own franchises as they've been abandoned by third party developers.

Some people consider Nintendo a competitor with Microsoft & Sony, but this isn't really true. Nintendo has managed to create self-sustaining market through its own franchises and their established fanbases and consumers who will even buy a 7/10 Metroid or Pokemon game in sufficient quantities to help Nintendo pay the electricity bill at the office because it has Samus/Pikachu in it. Also, Nintendo makes money of merchandising, board games, playing cards and many other things in addition to its video game consoles, and it's able to do this cause "Oooh, a Zelda shirt, I love that game". Nintendo doesn't really compete for the same market as Sony & Microsoft even if occasionally it tries to tap into the same market from time to time to make those extra rupees for a new project they're working on.

SEGA also managed to survive as a video game development studio because of its recognizable franchises which gave it an identity and had established fanbases. They never suffered the fate of others like say Atari when they pulled out of consoles. It's just that during the MegaDrive era, SEGA of North America, did not put all its efforts into promoting the games by Sonic Team, Overworks, etc. in response to Nintendo's promoting its franchises first and Nintendo's making it harder for third party devs to outshine them unless they were making an exclusive. Instead, SEGA of America saw an opportunity in selling SEGA to those unhappy with Nintendo for cheaper, which is why you had such a huge library of Genesis games by third parties, with many games besides Sonic developed by SEGA falling into obscurity before being discovered later for the gems they were(pic related).

Third party devs and the market for their games are very fickle. Unless they're under contract, they have no loyalty to you and will jump ship the minute you displease them. Say what you will about Nintendo being tyrannical to third parties, they at least built a safety net.

He's stating a fairly neutral set of facts. Are you retarded? Do you need to slap a nice big label on everything you see, so you don't have to engage your brain?

Awful games aren't exactly a safety net.

except for the fact that most of Nintendo's first party games are still critically well-received and autists who just love mario that much will buy them whether they're awful or not and will buy a mario shirt and a hat with a classic Nintendo controller on it to wear while they play

Jack did nothing wrong

Theres denial and then theres Nintendo denial

Anyone gobbling the console cock after this generation should be slapped

Nigger

I really need to learn modding.

Is that real?!??!?!?

What did happen in that thread you're talking about Make went nuclear? I forgot about that.

How?

It's a very good business, making money out of absolutely nothing.

Oh dear god your going to make me blog post. It's elementary my dear faggot. It's a simple matter of elimination. For arguments sake there are 2 theories put out. Mine-PS2 started casualizing market.
Yours-Wii started casualizing market. Let's start with yours.
For basics, PS2 for lifetime sales is 150 million units sold. In your case scenario is that those 150 were majorly or nearly all gamers. So Let's move on to the next Generation of consoles. What console sold the most? Wii. But that's full of casuals so where the fuck did those near 150 million core gamers go to? It wasn't the ps3 or the xbox 360 or else the Wii wouldn't be leaving them in the dust. So tell me where they went faggot.

Now what if PS2 was actually filled with mostly casuals? But why? The DVD player. Cheaper than a normal dvd player and kept the kids busy with video games. Now if we look at the Wii we can see that the majority of purchasers are casuals.
This is true, but it had something close enough. As we all know casuals go to the next form of unique and cheap gimmicks like flies are attracted to shit. So what was the hottest gimmick for that time? Netflix. Sure the ps3 and 360 had that too. But they were far more expensive and until a TV can get Netflix themselves later on, a cheaper alternative like a $100-$150usd console is far more appealing than the other more expensive consoles. So casuals get their new gadget/gimmick from ps2 DVD player, which can't use netflix, to a wii which can use Netflix. Now what do casuals say about the wii quite frequently?
Now let's look at our current gen. What is the current gadget/gimmick that will catch a casuals eye for a console? Nothing cause there is none. And as you can see all consoles are selling like shit.

The Super Nintendo was a stupid gimmick and the beginning of Nintendo's jewry. It was just regular NES with slightly larger color pallet and couple extra buttons on the controller. That's it.

I bet you vomited out your inane comment onto this forum using a fucking keyboard, you casual. Keyboards are fucking LITERALLY direct rip-offs of the original typewriters. Sure, shitty fucking dev-er, electrical engineers have tried tacking on shitty gimmicks like volume control, number pads, etc. but it's literally them re-hasing the same fucking bullshit 26 letters of the fucking alphabet with NO meaningful change in layout whatsoever, and any of the hardcore keyboards that actually deviate significantly from the original design are completely abandoned by you fucks who refuse to git gud at anything.

Fucking casuals ruin everything.

Lmao look at this angry nintendrone

I would have typed this in hieroglyphics if I thought a filthy casual like you would be able to read them.

Have fun churning butter this summer and pretending it isn't more fun than any of your shit games you [favorite gaming device]-loving sheep-licker

I bet you don't even hand-weave your wicker furninture, douchebag.

Yea ill have fun playing my non censored games on the pc

What a joker

Dreamcast had loads of games you shit. I owned both and the PS2 didn't get decent games til a couple of years after release, because of sony and their shiggidy do engineering.

The NX is a phone.

Retards will find (an absolutely stupid) way to somehow make this seem like they didn't care about gamers when they were financing W101, Bayoentta 2, Splatoon etc.

We are on Holla Forums, not NeoGAF or 4chan, but we're still on Holla Forums.

While the entire post can be ripped to shreads, what in particular does the Bayonetta marketing have to do with your point?

stop shitposting

the most remembered games for these consoles usually include a good chunk of actual Nintendo titles. In the case of the Wii, they're almost the only titles worth getting that aren't shovelware.

Yes, I said that, but relying on third parties is not a good long term business strategy. Favoring the franchises you own and promoting those above all others while ALSO subsidizing your activities with third party support, but not making said third party support your bedrock, is a pretty sound business strategy if what you want is to survive in the long term off an independent market with little competition and not just make quick, hefty sums of money. SEGA failed because they were never as successful at this and and because their American branch simply thought more games and more developers who weren't SEGA was a good long term foundation for the company (spoiler alert: it wasn't).

Yes, but the Saturn was basically like the Nintendo 64 with most of its best games or exclusives being those developed by Sonic Team, AM2, Overworks, etc. who were part of the actual SEGA company. It had assistance from third party developers, especially in the area of popular RPG's, but it was not the third party machine that Genesis was in the United States. This however was enough for the Saturn to achieve success in Japan, but it was not enough for America for many reasons. One was the reluctance on the part of SEGA of America to promote Japanese RPG's and other weeaboo games which even though there was practically no third party Western support. The other was their reluctance or inability to promote actual SEGA franchises that weren't Sanic the Hedgeheg properly. The other was the abandonment of SEGA by third party, mostly Western game developers thanks to the fiasco with the 32x and earlier but less so with the SEGA CD and the early release of the Saturn which made many Western developers and retailers feel betrayed. But of course none of these harmed SEGA that much in Japan where the Saturn was quite popular. The loss of third party developers would never have been such a huge blow for SEGA if it could have still secured just enough of the North American market to make the success of the Saturn in Japan much more worthwhile. The Nintendo 64 was hardly in a better position than the Saturn in terms of a lack of third party support and yet was by no means a failure like the Saturn despite Nintendo driving away so much third party support. One reason, among several for this is that Nintendo had been since the NES & SNES era when it had plenty of 3rd party support, devoting considerable marketing and developmental resources to the franchises it actually owned.

The N64 lagged behind the PS1 and the Gamecube was also hurt by Sony's cheap DVD-rom drive in the PS2 just as the Dreamcast was. But Nintendo didn't suddenly go "oh, well let's pull out of making home consoles to focus on our strong suit: handhelds" because their home consoles under performed. Despite suffering many of the same problems as SEGA's own consoles, the Gamecube and the N64 still did considerably better and made just enough for Nintendo to feel that continuing in home consoles was worth it. Why? Because Nintendo developed itself as a brand with established franchises for one thing. Despite the problems Nintendo has faced with the lack of third party support, for those who enjoy Nintendo's many first and second party developed franchises, there is still plenty of motivation to have a Nintendo console, if no other other reason than to play these games. While third party support is important, it should never be the bedrock of your company because if you do something to piss the third party developers off and they abandon you, you'll end up like SEGA, who failed precisely because at least outside of Japan, they were never able to establish their own franchises on their own consoles as well as Nintendo was able to do worldwide, and thus they didn't have a net of consumers who were loyal to their brand or just big fans of particular franchises owned by them whose money payed for games & merchandise could help them at least pay their employees as they thought up a new strategy, which is the position Nintendo is in with the Wii U, which is still a better position than SEGA was in with the Dreamcast and Saturn, especially since the Wii U is also complimented by the 3DS.

tl;dr Nintendoom retards who don't know how to run a video game company think they know best what Nintendo should do

They're going to start spreading propaganda for money soon goy.

Is this autism?

Wait are you fucking kidding me ?,we`re talking about Playboy here a magazine that pretty much made their entire fortune on nude modeling,jesus christ first Heavy Metal and now this.These are truly dark times to be alive.

I want to believe they're saving the best games for the NX but after botching the Wii U launch after botching the 3DS launch I don't expect much.

Nintendo is going to limp out of one generation into the next and charge us $300+ to play a new Pilotwings and another $5 to buy the Balloon Fight ROM for the 4th time.

It's not an apples to apples comparison, but when you look at the way Sony fought back with the PS3 and eventually turned it into a decent console and compare that to the staggering swiftness with which Nintendo abandoned the Wii U it does not look good.

i ened to get into motorcycles

*Mark

By "spreading propaganda for money soon" you mean E-clebs are going to start saying the same bullshit that SJWs do about MySoggyAnus in vidya?

No user, file related is the definition of autism.

smh tbh fam

Why the fuck are your games upside down

I had the light-up Gengar, the Bulbasaur launcher, the Tauros launcher, the gold-plated Charizard and Jigglypuff cards, and the Diglett spinning top. I had the Jigglypuff and Pikachu spinning tops from cereal boxes, and I had shit tons of other merchandise. I had the plush Pikachu that reversed into a zip-up Pokeball that I thought was literally cursed because every time I played with it, bullshit would magically happen and I would get in trouble (I was 8, I was always acting up, doing retarded shit, getting in trouble).

honestly it looks like a toy that would come alive and murder your parents if you lived in a shitty horror movie

Its not going to take off at all. Its obtuse as fuck from price point to hardware setup to tech knowhow intimidation. Its a square peg and normalfags are a round hole.

Blows my mind they've bothered this much with it.

nintendo needs to get their head out of their ass and learn that unique doesn't equal good, plain and simple

It's also way too expensive to reach mass appeal. Over 500 bucks for a monitor that doesn't add much to your regular viewing experience is absurd, and it's way too much of a risk for unsure potential adopters

I think Nintendo is already aware of that with their endless sequels and spinoffs. I think they're just having trouble figuring out where they fit into the current console climate. They tried to pull a Wii again by attaching a tablet to their next console, but tablets were commonplace by the time it came out so they got fucked hard on the "innovation" front and failed to make up for it elsewhere. It also doesn't help that most kids these days just play f2p garbage instead of console games from what I've gathered

Those fucking gameboy things. I didn't remember they were a thing until now, but after looking at the little plastic thingies that they came with I am CONVINCED I had a Pidgeot.

I remember being pretty hyped about it, Pidgeot is the fucking best.

That Gengar lights up right? My brother had that one.

I agree. I liked the gamecube as much as the SNES. Both had good games that have a comfy feeling.
The Wii was nothing for me. I bought it and sold it after a week. It just felt wrong to play it. Smash was not out yet and i played Wario Ware. It was fun but at the same time it felt not like a console.

The Wii U on the other hand was a big surprise for me. I play it just because i can play on the gamepad while laying on the couch or bed or while i'm sitting on my pc while talking with friends. It's just much more flexible. Other games like Splatoon collect dust because i have to sit in front of the tv to play them.

Missing top left games:
- F-Zero GX
- Pokemon XD
- Tales of Symphonia
- Mario Power Tennis
- Extreme G-3
- Pokemon Colosseum
- Crash Bandicoot Wrath of Cortex
- Donald Duck Phantomias

I'm also getting the feeling that Nintendo, atleast their North American branch, is trying to torpedo third party titles so they don't have to worry about anything but their easy bread & butter first party titles. And they're even butchering their first / second party titles as well.

I really hated to see how Devil's Third got such a TINY release in North America. Some people say that they didn't even print 10,000 copies in its original run. They also released in North America 6 months after it had been released in Europe / Japan, so it was old news by then too. To top it all off, the online multiplayer servers don't allow players to match up with players from other regions. Since the game is built around forming clans and fighting other clans, this all *really* hurt its online multiplayer. It's a shame since it's a blast. I love building forts with tons of traps.

No, but then again I'm not a retard that thinks NoA =All of Nintendo.