Sleeping Dogs

No one told me I was in for the time of my life. Is it because people see Square Enix and walk away?

Anyway, Sleeping Dogs thread. Will there be a second installment or did the failure of Triad Wars kill it for good?

I enjoyed the game. It was suitably fucking brutal, especially the ending. The achievements are bugged on Steam though which is fucking shit, so I can't 100% it.

Going from shitty market knock-offs to proper brand-name gear was surprisingly comfy.

I'd like a sequel, but definitely not the MMO shit they were trying with Triad Wars.

Yes we did. Ever since it came out we've been telling you. Fuck off.

At first I didn't give a fuck about that game, only months after the release, when I was bored as fuck did I give it a pirate. It's indeed a great game

This game is still in my backlog. I heard it's good but I just can't seem to want to start it. What's something to convince me to play it already?

There is kung fu, pork buns, and cockfighting.
Not the cocks Holla Forums likes. Animal-tier cocks.

…so it's the cocks Holla Forums likes even more?

He doesn't know about the love Holla Forums has for horsecocks.

I still feel bad for Mrs. Chu.

Yes we did. Go away and don't come back.

GTA clone, but really fucking comfy if it went more with Hong Kong culture and movie references.

Pirate the definitive edition with all the DLCs, lots of tribute shit and some B-movie plots, kek.

It was pretty okay.

Okay game, was missing a shit ton of polish though.

Poor choice of words

sure if the diahrea tier driving, shooting and map design dont bother you, the fighting is pretty decent

The driving was fine.

Accurate simulation of Asian drivers.

Play it soon, or I will find you, and I will tickle you.

good times.

for a playstaion 1 game

When it came out it was pretty much praised by everyone, you should stop being late to the party user

Now if only the devs weren't Westerners that copied the shit out of GTA and just made a pretty comfy open-world Hong Kong in the vein of Yakuza and Shen Mue, with a bit of shooting and fighting like Stranglehold, it'd be perfect for me.

I think i played it after playing through gta4 so I was probably happy that I didn't take a decade to turn.

Garbage-tier game. Not even worth a pirate.

Sleeping Dogs is a better John Woo game than the actual John Woo game.

Nah, it was fine.

oh i see, a casul, dont mind me then

The story was comfy for me, even if the game was Midway on its last leg.

Shooting is cool at some sections, now if only Rise to Honor didn't have diarrhea English, wish the devs learned, it was too much of a Triple A GTA clone with Hong Kong as a background with a lot of empty shit on a big island.

I'm pretty sure that most people here agree that Sleeping Dogs was a pretty good game. I'm still just surprised that the game came out as great as it did with the development hell that it went through.

I'm getting sick and tired of the Bamham style of combat, and Sleeping Dogs is no exception, but I wasn't as fatigued from it when Sleeping Dogs initially released. It feels like an awesome action movie, but it's just so tiring having the same type of combat in a lot of these games. I think that the visuals are great for the game though. It's very atmospheric, and I felt that a lot of the music lined up perfectly with the missions that you were on.

So yeah, it was a pretty good game overall. I hope that we get a proper sequel, but after that Triad Wars flop, my hope is fading.

Man who never eat porkbun never whole man.

I think the combat was fine, they decided to spice it up with combos and that makes it more interesting.

I think if they had more time to develop it, the game could have been 10/10 instead of a solid 8. If only we could get a sequel.

I mean, the combat was a little more interesting than the rest, but it was built off of the same framework, and after playing a billion other games with the same type of combat, it gets tiring.

And yeah, I hope we get a proper sequel sometime.

Unfortunately anything more complicated than rock paper scissors is not going to sell, and that's all bamham combat is. Even Pokemon is rock paper scissors, it's just there are a lot of different types of rocks and papers and scizors.

Ha ha.

It's a sequel, or pseudo sequel at least to the True Crime series isn't it?
Good game, though.