Which one's the most liked Suikoden game?

Which one's the most liked Suikoden game?
And did anyone play the PSP one that only came out in Japan?

I really liked 5 but I only played 1,4 and 5. Apparently 3 is supposed to be the best game in the series but I doubt it.

2 is generally agreed as being far and away the best in the series.

2>1/5>3>>>4

second one is best, third/fifth one if you feel a bit drunk and fourth if you just hit a blunt

I haven't played 4, what's it like?

floating planks

Still need to give the series a go, but from what I've seen in discussion in the past, Suikoden II seems to be the most well liked, though I hear it's got some issues with the translation quality as well as some bugginess to it.

There's also some VNs or on something that got fan translated called Suikogaiden 1 and 2.

Wonder how long until that one guy that claims "Suikoden being good is a meme" shows up; he always seems to when the series is brought up.

Most will definitely pick 2 as the best (because it is)

Suikoden 1 felt kinda slow.
Tierkreis was okay, wish there wasn't an encounter every 5 steps

Viki immortal best gril

Really no reason to play it unless you want to see how the series begun, two is obviously the better version

Relatively interesting story and characters. Combat is a bit meh but it has a lot of charm

First 3D Suikoden. Its bretty good, same formula but in 3D. The mansion is neat.

Unless like me you get massive sailing boners its pretty bad. Encounter rate is abysmal, theres only a handful of islands to explore and the VA are god-awful. Has a neat jew economy where you buy shit in one island and sell it at a higher price at other, or there are ingame shortages and surpluses. Getting all the stars without a guide is practically impossible. Has boat battles

Tried to go back to its roots. The world is a lot of fun to explore, the characters are varied and fun. Feels a bit unpolished regarding combat.

Other than getting McDohl as a recruit for 2, it does give you a little more background on some characters like Flik and Viktor.

I've never ever heard anyone say 3 is the best, not even people who actually like it. 2 is by far considered the best.

I hear 2 is the best. Never played 3 though

There was a dude on 4chan Holla Forums popping out on every Suikoden thread to blog for hours on how Suikoden 3 was so much better than 5 and on how 5 was so shit. Can't remember exactly. Something to do with the lore. I hope he stayed there.

Suikoden 5 is shit though.

Suikoden II is the last Suikoden, OP. And the best one

Nothing else exists

basically

2>1>5>3>shit>>>>>>>>>>>>4

2 is the only one half decent, for a shitty jrpg that is

How is Suikoden Tactics?

4 was the first and only Suikoden I've played, and I loved it. I'm curious what makes it so shit in comparison.

Its a decent tactics game, the elements affecting attributes adds some strategy to it, though god damn the VA is awful too. You get 2 extra characters if you have a complete (as in all 108 stars) save from Suikoden IV. You can just get that from gamefaqs. The characters do look like they were rendered on an N64 tho.

Suikoden 2 is god tier, 3 and 5 are decent, 1 is meh and 4 is shit.

It had the most charm I feel