Do you think we'll ever have a good Fallout game again?

Do you still have faith that a new Fallout game will come out that is actually as good as the first two games. Or should we all just give up?

Other urls found in this thread:

falltergeist.org/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Give up.

Let it die.

Why would you want more of the same? If you want to have false hope, have hope in something new and exciting.

Give up user.

At least there is Wasteland 2 and anything else that may come from it. I even hear Tim Cain and Chris Avalone are working on something.

Plus with games like Age of Decadence that style of gaming lives on and will continue to live on.

Fallout, however, is dead. It's been dead, regardless of how many times Bethesda plays Weekend At Bernie's with it's corpse.

What do you mean user? All the Fallout games developed by Bethesda are truly innovative pieces of art. I just bought the season pass for great downloadable content that will really add to the already great Fallout experience.

Oh, shit, I thought that was a "Todd posters" image. My bad.

Still:

Fallout died when it went to bethesda, perhaps even sooner.
Stop being a delusional fuck.

Just go and play Underrail. It is close enough to Fallout.

The dev really was unfortunate with sticking with that title.

With Avellone freelancing it's unlikely. Then again, the Toddler might see the light and hire him to write a Fallout sequel.

Even if Avellone was 100% at his best and everything he wrote was in that 'Fallout', what about everything else, like, I don't know, the game?

To be fair FO4 was not well received by the Bethesda drones. It was actually a big disappointment, many of them complaining that it lacked the RPG features of Skyrim and Oblivion (lel) and that the writing was subpar.

Bethesda might just be smart enough to backtrack and release a retard's RPG rather than a shitty FPS.

Uh huh, and how about its and its dlc sales?

Drones gonna drone man. In the other Bethesda thread an user mentioned how a bunch of his friends that took a whole week off work to bash themselves in the head with FO4 came away disappointed and spent the rest of their free time playing other shit.

The game sold on the "strength" of Skyrim, but it did not deliver what people were expecting it was going to be.

i actually wonder how many of those copies were refunded. steam users were furious on release

Exactly, so it doesn't mean that the drones didn't like fo4. They're gonna drone the shit out of bethesda's next piece of shit, be it fps or retard's rpg.

*matter

FO4 was just a pastiche of the currently most popular trends in gaming. It backfired on them, their next game is likely going to be a return to Skyrim style gameplay.

The Witcher 3 burned them bad, as did their attempt at paid modding. They still have a lot of goodwill for whatever reason drones but that can quickly evaporate. Their fanbase at least seems unwilling to take as much shit as BioWare's mental cripples.

← We already do.

That game was so underwhelming. Being made in Unity didn't help either.

but this one is shit

Fallout was dead before Bethesda even got it's hands on it. Fallout: Brotherhood of Steel anyone?

No. Hope for a spiritual sequel.

Maybe someone talented who is capable of respecting both the property and its audience can get their hands on the rights to Arcanum?

Maybe that can happen?

That would be nice.

Good game, sad that it usually devolves to people agreeing about it and undertale shitposting

Don't say it too loud or Bethesda will buy the rights. Or fucking Bioware.

no

That is the wost and most characteristic thing about RPG threads on this site.
Whenever I make a thread people just agree with each other and don't discuss the games at all.

Maybe because most of those games are old and everyone played them to death and know everything about them or they are too civil to shitpost about them which I doubt.

or - god help us - beamdog

People rely on mods to fix Bethesda games
Most modders are amateurs
Most modders are going to use existing assets where possible

This means most modders are going to require DLC where it makes their lives easier.

If you want a chance to "fix" FO4 through mods, you need to buy all the DLC.

Man Arcanum had some pretty dark questlines, or at least one I remember, the one about the origin of the half ogres. Somehow I don't think any company would have the balls to have such a dark quest in their game these days, except maybe the slavs.

New Vegas was great. I enjoyed it more than FO 1, 2, and Cucktics.

This.

Hope is the first step on the road to disappointment.

lol just make one urself dude, like wtf

I'm doing it fam. Top down ARPG though, not the shitty turn based isometric garbage.

We won't see a good Fallout until Bethesda ditches it, and until you're allowed to join the franchise's best faction.

lmao join beamdog or bioware, you'll make awesome buttons

We should just give up.

I came here to write this.

Bump for good discussion.

Maybe and /agdg/eek will listen to your prayers

So what are you sying?

You want controversy for controversy's sake ?

Try cuckchan , there were plenty of b8 threads of
before i left and i doubt things are very different these days either

You'll find plenty of b8 , shitposting and more b8 but no discussion

Fallout BoS was a sign of things to come if Interplay didn't go under shortly afterward.

Just pretend the series died after Tactics.

Probably not.

Is fallout tactics worth playing? I'm craving for some tactical rpg's and I might pick this up.

Speaking of rights, you know Troika were in auction for the Fallout rights? They were only just outbid by Zenimax, according to a bit in a book featuring them.

They were also going to make an immersive sim Arcanum follow-up.

Arcanum's general old-school racism is already enough to get it removed from the "remakes and sequels" list, unless it gets heavily reworked. It also wasnt hugely popular

I think that's kinda a good thing though, because if someone decides to pick it up it wont be "lets Disney-fy this old popular property!" it'll instead be made by uberspergs who love the game (and can hopefully code well).

I only wish a similar fate had befallen id's games and the old guard of PC rpgs

Every time I remember this I'm upset all over again

Just like how Black Isle was going to create a FO3 and BG3 (with a new story) before they got fucked hard by Interplay, or how we could have had another WoD game by Troika

I don't get why people like tactics. Just stick to 1 and 2.

Fans are making Van Buren. Never know, could be good.

Fallout Tactics is pretty good, just make sure to get the Redux mod for QoL improvements and the cut missions. Make sure to put points in traps to get tons of free mines.

Also, if you sneak right up to enemies with rocket launchers and let them fire at you, they'll just explode.

This one triggers me the most.

You are thrown into a frontier, not a wasteland. NV takes place at a time where the scavenging economy transitions into an industrial market economy akin to the second industrial revolution(hence the heavy "wild west" theme). Most(if not all) of the issues are political, rather than environmental.

It's not meant to be "post-apocalyptic", it's meant to be post-post-apocalyptic. Anyone who says otherwise has a severe misunderstanding of the franchise past Fallout 1.

this is a ridiculous question. we have no reason to believe that bethesda will trend towards classic fallout.
unless there is a big paradigm shift your best bet will be spiritual successors, and i do believe that you will see games to fill that niche as there is a passion for these old fallout games.
so be reasonable, but dont give up.

I have the Fallout classic collection, are there any graphical improvement mods out there? Similar to the HD Diablo mod which I enjoy daily would be nice.

Nice meme OP

Never depend on AAA companies to make anything for you.

We haven't had a good Fallout game since the original. Everything after it was a fucking abortion.

And to add to this, the engine they were going to use for Journey To The Center of Arcanum was going to be the source engine, but Valve wouldn't license it to them under favourable terms.
Which is odd, because they did for VtM:B.

Age of Decadence actually reminded me of Fallout 2 while playing it.

Try that OP.

unless Obsidian gets another swing at it then no. you're only going to see good Fallout games in the form of fan games and games that are Fallout in everything but name.

when the Falltergeist engine is farther along maybe someone will make a game with it, its open source: falltergeist.org/

Even Bethesdrones realized they're getting fucked.

Obsidian without CA is just another SJW central.

What about the other two DLC?