ITT: Vidya tie in media time forgot

ITT: Vidya tie in media time forgot

Do you remember white man?

Other urls found in this thread:

snk.wikia.com/wiki/The_King_of_Fighters_(movie)
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

All too well

Will we ever get streams of any of these Vidya tie in films?

Technically true.

Lets kick it up a notch.

I remember posters for that one in the theatres near my house. And the GBA game.

Never saw it or played it, though.

whats this?

He looks like a green Gypsy Danger and NuDoomguy.

now is the time i wish i had made a really sub standard wacky sci-fi game with maybe 3 characters (dude, gal and robot) to trick some studio into making a bad movie about it….

Sweet home, it has a NES horror rpg that is the inspiration for resident evil.

which also means its the indirect origin for devil may cry, dead space, silent hill, all the other resi clones and bayonetta as well

For a GBA FPS it was honestly impressive. Not saying much since its a GBA FPS, but credit where credit is due.

Heard a lot of mixed things about the Yakuza movie, at least compared to the original game

I knew about that Legend of Chun-li movie but

What the fuck
Am i being rused here!?

There are no words to express my disappointment that this wasn't more successful. It was the best one except maybe Mortal Kombat. Okay kids movie overall but really fun for fans. Arguably better than the new game. Hopefully it's too late for them to cancel Sly.

The only good one there is Postal.

Both the Yakuza and Phoenix Wright movies have the same director too, Takashi Miike. They're actually fairly well made movies, the Phoenix Wright one is genuinely entertaining.

Oh i know, i saw it. It's really good, but the rest have me really curious. I mean, i never heard about the KoF or DoA movies.

Chris Roberts, creator of Wing Commander and Star Citizen, is a genius.

He actually directed this movie.

I propose we bring back shitty vidya movie stream night again, was pretty comfy being disgusted together in stream chat, and posting your food.

The KoF movie is really dumb, might be worth a few chuckles, but isn't all that great. Darth Maul is in it as fucking Rugal. DoA is actually exactly like the games except it's kinda hot at times 3DPD with a dumb plot, silly dialogue, and passable fight scenes instead of CG models.

and people still gave him money.

How stupid do you have to be really lol.

You gotta admit, he managed to con Fox into giving money to make his fanfiction into a reality, while also getting Freddie Prinze Jr. in the lead role because he looks like Chris Robert's ultimate persona.

Fucking Miike is a beast cunt
Dude has made like 80 movies in 20 years
And you can easily pick 10 of them as very good
Certainly not the vidya ones

My favorite part of that movie is when everyone is told to be quiet in their big spacecraft so that the enemies in their own spacecraft don't hear them.

In space.

Miike is great, he doesn't give a fuck about what kind of movie he makes, he just makes them. 13 Assassins is one of my favorites. The vidya ones aren't as good as his others, don't get me wrong, but for vidya movies they're pretty damn good. The bar is incredibly low though.

We need some more shitposters over on Holla Forums.

Osaka Tough Guys is his best film, fuck anyone that has a different opinion.

SNK made a bunch of animu back in the day. I recall they're decent, except AOF which is just terrible. They were quite popular here in Huezil because there was this huge anime fad going on, some vidya magazines even came with them bundled (I probably still have the Fatal Fury tape somewhere, no VCR to play it tho), and since kids were too poor to have their own consoles, there were arcade parlors everywhere, all loaded with Neo Geo cabs.

It was the one SNK series which could have easily translated into an anime. I don't know how they fucked it up so badly.

Oh yeah, i agree completely

Haven't seen all but for the artsy shit i think Bird People from China is the best, the cinematography is spectacular, saves the minimalistic plot
For his usual gore i find many good but i just cannot forget Koroshiya 1 (Ishi the Killer), it may be not the best one but i find that it captures the grim atmosphere of 90's Gangster Japan the better
Also the movie that introduced me to non-Hollywood movies, it was a sort of a Trial By Fire experience

Wasn't the twist in that movie that the martians had an extra chromosome so they tried to do experiements by adding an extra chromosome to people and it failed on everyone but Jeremy Renner?

Lel I mean Karl Urban

What bugs me is that they didn't even do the infamous AOF twist.

And on the subject of Fatal Fury…whoever animated Mai should be shot. Not busty enough I say. Sure not as bad as "flat as a board" Mai from that KOF movie.

THE JEWS DID THIS

There is objectively very little wrong with postal movie.
It is nearly perfect.

Max Payne was good.

I have yet to see a video game tie in better than Postal

It is literally perfect

well jay jay is in charge of the portal movie.

Jesus H Christ. If aliens were to exterminate us now, they'd be in the right.

You are objectively wrong.
Unless you mean the video game

My favorite part of this movie is when they go into warp and have to do a fucking matrix-style 360 degree slow-mo of one of the heroes falling out of his chair

The KoF movie is pretty dumb. Reading the plot synopsis makes you wonder if the writers actually played the games.

snk.wikia.com/wiki/The_King_of_Fighters_(movie)

Hard mode: it's not trash
Nightmare mode: it's not trash, and the game isn't either

Hey guys, what is going on in this thread?

Did you know the writer for this film actually apologized for how bad it was?

Best,

Ben

Literally the only good vidya movie

lol nope

This came out before the second game did

Ruined the reboot, vid related.

at least they got the logo kind of close.

Art of Fighting has a twist?

Holy shit, they made Yakuza into a movie?

Mr. Karate is actually Ryo's father, Takuma

was that ever legitimately a twist though? I always figured it was played as a joke.

You have it backwards. The scenes from the movie were used for the game.

But the game was good. Even if not as good as the original.

I stream shit like this all the time.
You faggots don't like watching the streams.

Side note though, Mario Bros. can not be found on the pay/legal sites for movies like netflix, amazon, hulu, and google play.

Trying to wipe it from the earth.

I actually kinda liked the Doom movie.

This movie was pretty alright.

It had really neat ideas throughout, but dropped the ball pretty hard delivering some of them. I wanted to watch it again last year but remembered the scientist's dialogue -"super-fast, super-intelligent, super-XYZ"- and it hit me how it could have been better with just a little more subtlety on the calm parts so it then weighted against the over the top action at the end.
Hell, it still sounds better than most things I've watched the last couple of years, torrenting.

Kind of related, that PurePwnage move came out.