Yu-Gi-Oh! Thread Blue-Eyes support is broken Edition

ygorganization.com/

yugioh-card.com/en/limited/

Try the OCG banlist to mix things up. yugioh-card.com/ph/event/rules_guides/forbidden_cardlist.php?list=201604&lang=en

Some decklist. ygorganization.com/category/decklists/ocg-decklist/

How to get better.
youtube.com/watch?v=hcn0JID76n8

youtube.com/channel/UCsVykoz6jrElTKyceZXGe5g

youtube.com/channel/UCBN9XqkKuLKPZgFRfZ8-fhA

Other urls found in this thread:

pastebin.com/raw/UWffBQbn:
ygopro.co/Downloadmembers.aspx
nicoblog.org/psp/yu-gi-oh-arc-v-tag-force-special-jpn/
yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Chaos_Form
duelistgroundz.com/index.php?/topic/129832-earl-y-ygo-history/
ygorganization.com/ocg-hokkaido-duel-tournament-521-top-deck/
yugioh-card.com/ph/event/rules_guides/forbidden_cardlist.php?list=201604&lang=en
shop.tcgplayer.com/yugioh/clash-of-rebellions/chicken-game?partner=ygotcg
yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Victory_Dragon
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1yFMKu2omTIky-3aPWT39GBIxrx7feWAyNQ21euorHOM/htmlview?pli=1
ygorganization.com/arc-v-the-new-amazoness-fusions/
yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Category:Archetypes?useskin=oasis
yugioh-card.com/uk/gameplay/ruling_update_2014.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Here is my Dark magician deck. Still working out the kinks.

Heart of the cards guide me

Can't wait for that new movie to come out.

If it makes you feel better, Skull Servant has support.

The following is a random keyword the nsa monitors via pastebin.com/raw/UWffBQbn: Defense Information Warfare

Oh shit sorry, first time making a pasta.

Where to play Yu-Gi-Oh!
For online YGO
ygopro.co/Downloadmembers.aspx

For story the Tag Force games on PSP
Yu-Gi-Oh Tag force Special English patch:
nicoblog.org/psp/yu-gi-oh-arc-v-tag-force-special-jpn/

You guys are not even trying anymore, holy shit.

Did you click the link?

yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Chaos_Form

I haven't played in a decade, but does that mean that Blues-Eyes Chaos Max Dragon could drop on turn 1 if the stars aligned?

Yes.

No.

That's fucking insane.

Sounds like it. I mean you can get a turn 1 Exodia so it's not like you can really expect Yugioh to not be gay as shit.

Why not?

It's super easy these days. Pic related.

Because I didn't see that it was a pastebin file.

Yu gi oh has gone to shit man, now it's all about which player's deck "goes off" (as in a detonation ) first

I put the forbidden/limited list in the OP

This. They're trying to slow down super combo decks by limiting Upstart to 1 and banning chicken game but, all they're doing is hurting rouge decks. The new stuff looks like it's trying to slow it back down but not that much.

Are you fucking with me?

So it's limited? Is the game so busted that Raigeki is fair?

Don't know if clever DDR reference since Konami, or something I would have come up with after opening my first booster years ago and seeing a Blue-Eyes White Dragon

You know, that little concept doesn't need much explanation. It's nice that Nik explains it, but the best thing to keep in mind is that this trope is older than steam.

Why do I say that? Time for a history lesson.

1996. Kazuki Takahashi fields a funny little dark manga for boys, entitled Yu-Gi-Oh!. It's a hit, and it focuses on various games and how they haphazardly impact the lives of a group of high school students - never we mind the supernatural things endangering those students, and how one mysterious pyramid-shaped puzzle ends up giving them a means to fight back.

However, this little manga doesn't really take off until a fun little chapter involving a spoiled brat who plays trading cards, his finding out that the main character's grandpa owns a legendary card, and what he does to get that card - oh, and what happens when all this shit falls apart and blows up in his face.

Oh, yeah. The legendary card? BEWD.

Yup, it was Yugi vs. Kaiba that really hooked kids on the series.

And Kaiba didn't take losing well. You see, Kaiba was a jerk. He ended up giving Yugi a concussion in the process of stealing that BEWD he stole. So, when he lost to Yugi, Yugi used that pyramid puzzle thingy to trap Kaiba in a card for a while, so that Kaiba would "experience death in battle against monsters."

It wasn't pretty. Imagine being killed over and over. Yeah. Kaiba had nightmares about this shit after it was over.

He built an entire theme park rigged with countless lethal traps just to kill Yugi in revenge. Why did Kaiba do this? Simple - the kids LOVED Duel Monsters. It was intended to be a game that only showed up in two chapters - the first (and probably only intended) battle between Yugi and Kaiba.

Everything past that dealing with Duel Monsters is ALL because of fan reaction.

The manga is a hit, and continues to fly off shelves right up until its end in 2004. Duel Monsters changes from a small bit part in Chapters 9 and 10, to the finale of Kaiba's deadly theme park in Chapters 36-40, to the main plot device of the entire manga from Chapters 60 and onward. (Oh, and that strange pyramid thing kinda becomes more relevant too.)

January 1999 - YGO is only growing, amassing more fans every day. Companies probably want to try to take the franchise to an international market.

Oh, hey, did I say franchise?

Yes. By this point, YGO had already spawned more than a manga - Bandai had run a CCG for it for the last year, to mild success, and Toei had produced a now-finished Anime for the manga, complete with a movie as a final bookend. The movie hadn't debuted yet; it was set for March 6, 1999 - but the fact that one was even in DEVELOPMENT for an anime that'd seen only one season is remarkable in and of itself.

Also, March 6 is important to us for reasons I'll reveal later.

It was decided that neither of these things were enough. Another company was given the rights to create a new anime, one that could fiddle with the source material so that it didn't have to start all the way back at the beginning of the story, yet could treat its own starting point as the beginning of the story.

And as successful as Bandai was, the license it had to make a game was cut down.

Konami, fresh off of acquiring the License to create a YGO CCG, releases a 40 card pack and begins the creation of a new game, entitled the "Yu-Gi-Oh! Duel Monsters Offical Card Game". This game is entitled such to differentiate it from Bandai's earlier product, which was simply the Yu-Gi-Oh! CCG - that CCG's lifespan was only from 1998 to 1999. The one started in January 1999

well

we are playing it right now.

And why is that one called "Yu-Gi-Oh! Duel Monsters"?

That's the name of the second anime, and the second anime is what brought YGO to the world. This trend has stayed with Yu-Gi-Oh! ever since; GX's original name was Duel Monsters GX, and 5D's original name was Duel Monsters 5D's.

The 40 card pack released that January had obvious chase cards. More importantly, though, is the fact that in this first pack, EVERY non-chase card was pointless from a gameplay perspective. For information, you need only look up "Volume 1" at the wikia. But, of course, I'll explain here.

The highest fieldable ATK without Tribute at the time was 1200. Mammoth Graveyard, Hitotsu-me Giant, and Silver Fang fulfilled this. All three of these were common, along with every other card in the pack that I don't mention by name.

There were two Tribute-Summoned monsters: Dark Magician and Gaia the Fierce Knight, both Ultra Rare.

There were three STs of consequence - Dark Hole, Trap Hole, and Fissure, all Super Rare.

The other monsters in the pack had no more than 800 original ATK, meaning that where a DEF Mammoth or Fang would die, a DEF Hitotsu would inflict damage. This made Hitotsu the de-facto chase monster of the pack, for its standalone kingdom.

There were 5 Equip Spells, each increasing the ATK and DEF of a monster by 300. The Types supported this way were Warrior, Spellcaster, Aqua, Beast, and Zombie.

The insurmountability of the three 1200 ATK monsters becomes obvious; the next tier of ATK in the game, 800, needed 2 additional support cards - Equips - to get strong enough to handle the pressure. Further, if the 1200 ATK ones got so much as a single Equip themselves, the 800 would need a third to compete - and an answer to that would simply be "one more equip for the 1200."

It is notable that the first Limited List for the game Limited 3 cards - Dark Hole, Trap Hole, and Fissure.

So, we see obvious chase cards - the 1200 monsters, the 3 important STs, and DM. This makes only 7 cards out of 40 that aren't shit.

March 1 brought Booster 1, a set that reprinted some of Volume 1, and also brought some new toys. Most were useless. Dark Hole, Fissure, and 2 Equips were reprinted - DH and Fissure were simply rares at this point. This booster brought along some 900 and 1000 ATK mons - at least 1 of the 900s was compatible with prior equips, which helped leading up to an attempt at a 2 card 1200. Still, only 2 cards out of 40 here aren't shit.

Oh, and anyone who splurged to get Dark Hole and Fissure were SCREWED

Also, move along to March 6, which brought the Theatrical Release of the YGO movie. At the movie, Konami unveiled Starter Box - a fifty-card product with special deckbox, six star chips, a playmat, and a calculator. The product sold at this theatrical release held a few different cards from the general release in stores, which was March 18.

BEWD debuted here. Anyone who splurged to get DM and/or Gaia was now screwed out of cash.

Fusion Monsters debuted here, the best one of the lot at the time being Flame Swordsman. Of course, this means that Fusions were obsolete from the start.

Aqua Madoor debuted here, as both part of the Theatrical Release and as a mail-in promo. This card alone is a sign of Konami's love of power creep, moreso than most anything we've seen in a while - because, in this case, over the span of 2 months, the old ATK king was utterly dethroned, replaced by something who didn't even CARE about dethroning him.

Why?

Because Madoor's power creep contribution was its DEF - something unsurpassable for the 1200s that ruled just minutes before UNLESS those 1200s had 3 equips backing them.

Starter Box brought more 1200s to the table, and the game's first 1300 - Trial of Nightmare. (Trial also needed 3 equips to punch through Madoor.)

Starter Box also brought Raigeki, which didn't get Limited until the game's second Limit List.

It also brought the first Field Spells - Mountain, Forest, Sogen, Umi, Wasteland, and Yami. I would say "it helped shake up the stat dynamics and make unkillable things killable", but they helped the bosses as much as the little ones.

It also brought Dragon Capture Jar and Two-Pronged Attack. Jar served as an answer to BEWD if you were bad and desperate; Two-Pronged served as an answer to any monster, especially in cases where all you have are puny little things with 1300 ATK,

Speaking of 1300s, they weren't the king. If you pre-ordered Starter Box's General Release, you got a Celtic Guardian promo. Yes, Celtic Guardian was king once.

So, you see the trend - chase cards all over the place, no regard for game design wisdom, utterly haphazard shit right and left.

It continues.

March 27 of that same year. Yes, only a scant 9 days after Starter Box's general release - Volume 2 is released.

Celtic Guardian is dethroned less than 2 weeks after assuming ATK leadership. Uraby is the new lord.

More 300 point Equips debut, for Fiends, Insects, Dinosaurs, Machines, and Plants. Flame Swordsman balks at the fact that Uraby+Equip matches it in ATK, when FS ate up so much more time and work.

SoRL is Ultra Rare. And UNLIMITED.

Monster Reborn is Super Rare. AND UNLIMITED.

De-Spell is released. Considering it's the only thing that can rigorously remove SoRL at the time, I have to list it.

The 2000 DEF paradigm is further supported by the common Spirit of the Harp and the super rare Mystical Elf. (Oh, hey, 2000 DEF makes big mons a safe play! They help win games, in part! ELF IS A CHASE CARD.)

I shouldn't have to continue; this is the history of the game's first TWO MONTHS.

What the fuck happened.

Sadly yes. When was the last time you played?

They are running out of names. I'm waiting on The Ultra Dark legendary Magician of Magic.

Holy shit, now they're 1900(luster dragon)

Money and to keep it interesting. Pendulums are a silly concept and the money thing is KoA fault. Cards that do well in jap land get a rarity bump here and cost more money. Pics related, she was a common in OCG and was a Secret Rare in TCG.

Strongest is 2000

It interests me how folks claim to have good answers - yet I see no rigorous talk about the game past certain formats in times gone by that folks personally cared about.
I myself am guilty of this, but at least bother to go back a bit further in game history.

Before we talk about a lot of things, we need to realize two points.

1) Fusions were obsolete upon introduction - March 6, 1999.

2) August 22, 1999 brought the game's first 1900 ATK costless easily Summoned mon. Gemini Elf.

I have said before that 1999, being the game's first year, was rife with mistakes. I would expect folks to agree. I would not expect folks to agree with the following;

It may have been a mistake for there to even have been a monster of Gemini Elf's sort.

Granted, the implications of questioning such are huge - this game was designed around that 1900 benchmark for a long time, such that the 2k benchmark being embraced in its initial possibly-viable form (Gorilla) made some noticeable changes, and the card responsible for competitively EXCEEDING that 2k benchmark is justifiable in discussion as something prohibitionworthy.

Elf has a regal, storied place in the game's building blocks.

But this privliged role does not appease logic.

If we're going to * about lists, we need to have better answers to old fundamentals like Elf and its implications. Before one runs, one walks. Before we criticize CyDra, we must be willing to wonder about Gorilla, and before we complain about Gorilla, we must wonder about Elf.

The game has been poorly designed from the beginning. The game's appeal obviously doesn't stem from good design in such terms; even with such bad design, it's captured our hearts well enough for us to assemble at this internet place and converse. We are obviously in some degree of thrall.

But this does not excuse our potential intellectual laziness.

If we are going to * about something, we have to be willing to turn a discerning eye to every detail.

I assume it will be ultra super mega rare one per 10 boxes or something.

Fucking hell, 2000 now? Pretty soon every monster is going to be Blue eyes white dragon tier.

I've never really played (friends and I would make casual decks with little regard to banlist) but I mean I followed the game for a little bit. Stopped somewhere after XYZ.

Mechanicalchaser was invented at the same time as Elf - August 26, 1999. Thus Elf obsoleted it. Refer to Booster 4.

Chaser thus never had any true viability, except in Elf's shadow; the TCG's use of it was a silly bit of nonsense born out of the staggered release system used in early days.

If you're going to critique the point I'm driving at, it'd be wise for you to NOT say "your point is valid but the card you're using for it is silly" when the card you suggest was made obsolete upon its first printing.

A better point would be "you're driving at something important, but a card made earlier is also indicative of the problem, and you should talk about that instead." This is the point you tried - and FAILED - to make.

I chose Elf in part because it was released in 1999, in part because it hit the 1900 benchmark that was so important for so very long (and continues to be important in Rai-Oh), and in part because folks know the sucker.

However, I doubt that folks would recall other milestones in mon ATK. Considering the milestone monsters, I'm not surprised as to why. Folks hardly remember Elf.

Regardless, let's make this point very clear.

Let's go back to Jan. 23, 1999 - the release of the first Konami-made Booster, and the beginning of the game in earnest.

The milestone monster of the time was Hitotsu-Me Giant. Silver Fang and Mammoth Graveyard tied it in ATK, but neither tied it in DEF. The only Tribute-requiring monsters available at the time were Gaia and DM.

Next, we go to March 1. Booster 1 is released without incident. Literally, nothing is released that has the power to change the order of things. The pack was pointless bar the reprinting of the must-have Dark Hole and Fissure.

Move forward to March 6 and March 18. The release of Starter Box changes things up; first released in theaters with special promos on the 6th, with a proper store release on the 18th. It could be pre-ordered; pre-ordering let you get a promo. There was also a mail-in offer promo, and a guidebook promo. All three of these promos broke new ground.

The guidebook promo was Flame Swordsman. It was packed in with the theater release and official release, in a different rarity. It was the king of the first Fusions - yet it was obsolete on release. Still, it's credited for introducing the concept.

The mail-in promo was Aqua Madoor - which not only tied the original costless ATK king, Hitotsu-Me Giant, in ATK. It set a costless DEF benchmark that would go unsurpassed for years - perhaps the "2000 = costless DEF" axiom is the axiom of the game that lasted the longest. It's no longer an axiom now, but my point still stands. (That DEF may in and of itself have been a problem which led to Elf.) Madoor was also packed with the theater release.

The preorder promo for the official store release was Celtic Guardian, which became the new costless ATK king. Yes, Celtic Guardian was the "Elf" of its day, despire how terribad it is now. This "day" would last precisely 21 days if you're an optimist, or 9 if you're a pessimist. Why? Read on.

The new king of Tribute Monsters brought in Starter Box was BEWD.

Right on the heels of Starter Box came Volume 2, on the 27th of the same month. It introduced Swords of Revealing Light and De-Spell - and yes, De-Spell could be considered notable for the time. This is how bad the Spell pool was.

Vol. 2 also brought Mystical Elf and Spirit of the Harp to enforce the DEF standard, and it brought Uraby to surpass Celtic Guardian's 9 day (or 21 day) kingdom.

May brings Booster 2 on the 25th, and Volume 3 on the 27th.

Booster 2 brought Rogue Doll, to supplant Uraby.

Volume 3 brought us the first five Effect Monsters - Armed Ninja, Hane-Hane, Man-Eater Bug, Reaper of the Cards, and Skelengel. It also brought Stop Defense (yes, still a bad Spell pool) and Pot of Greed (o hai). Giant Soldier of Stone further fortifies the 2000 DEF setup. Rogue Doll is printed here as well. It's also notable that Exodia's Left Leg was first printed here.

June 8 of that year brings us to the first videogame promos since Konami began production of the YGO we play today. They were released with the second YGO game for the GBC. (The first game's promos weren't made in a way that fit the design of YGO's eventual release; using them in-game would be like using Bandai YGO cards today.) Of these promos, there are six cards that were noteworthy for the time.

Acid Trap Hole served as an answer to any face-down Defense Position monster of the day, bar someone Setting a costed monster.

Harpie's Feather Duster needs no introduction. Nor does Crush Card Virus.

I recall almost no fusion being worth the effort or dedication, also at least in America Gemini Elf was secret rare, so it was as usual the money sink "balance", as usual it looks like nobody playtests the cards before releasing them, like the Dragon Rulers for example.

Is been stuck at 2000 ATK for a while, defenses are usually stronger though.

The reason why 6 month formats in YGO have had a history of sucking has been a reason why the format style before the 6 month system - the "new format with new set" system - also blew.

It's because card design blows. FFS there were four cards that ruled the game back when it started, and you either ran all 4 of them at 3x or you were a goddamned idiot - Hitotsu-me Giant, Dark Hole, Trap Hole, and Fissure.

Card design has always sucked.

You can say this to varying degrees about every other card in the game, though, at least every other card that I can imagine with a competitive premise.

Let's rewind to the VERY FIRST BOOSTER - and VERY FIRST RELEASE OF THIS ENTIRE GAME - in the world. Volume 1. Released January 23, 1999. Hay guyz welcome to ygo

One of the best cards in the set, in my mind, is Cyclops - a Beast-Warrior 1200/1000. Yeah, this is Hitotsu-Me Giant. Funny stories about it. "Hitotsu-me" is Japanese; it can translate, depending on the Kanji, to either "first" or "one eye". It's name in the OCG is Cyclops (haha cyclopeans are one-eyed giants), and it's the "first" Level 4 monster released in the game.

No other monster in the set has more DEF or ATK, bar Gaia the Fierce Knight and Dark Magician.

The only monsters that tie with it ATK-wise are Mammoth Graveyard and Silver Fang.

The only monsters able to kill it in Attack Position without assistance are the aforementioned ones, two requiring two Tributes, and the others dying themselves in the process. Now, the only "assistance" possible in battle at this time would have been Legendary Sword, Book of Secret Arts, Power of Kaioshin, Beast Fangs, and Violet Crystal - the original five Equip Spells, each giving 300 to ATK and DEF each of the equipped monster. Warriors, Spellcasters, Aquas, Beasts, and Zombies would all stand to benefit.

The non-Tribute Warriors available at the time would have required 2 equips to have both stats match or surpass 1200/1000; one would become a 1400/1000, the other a 1200/1100.

The non-Tribute Casters available would have required 2 to do the same; one would become 1400/1300, the second 1300/1100, the third a 1200/1100.

The Zombies near would also require 2. One would hit 1300/1100, the second would reach 1200/1200.

The Beasts have Silver Fang, which already ties in ATK; to tie in DEF, it would need one equip, and that equip would also let it surpass in ATK. So, we write it as needing 1 in order to be sufficient challenge. The other Beasts, though, would each need 2 *or 3* for the same guarantee - the first would reach 1400/1500, the second 1300/1200, the third *with 3* would reach 1300/1500.

The Aquas each need 2 for such. One would hit 1400/1300, while the other would hit 1200/1300.

Dark Hole, Fissure, and Trap Hole were also in the set; Dark Hole and Trap Hole would each be Limited to 1 on the first Limited List ever. But none of those had the capacity to act as original floaters would. Folks gravely underestimate the importance of battle supremacy; sure, removing monsters from the field is pivotal to gameplay, but those removal tricks are not indefinite. Battle supremacy is what we boil down to when we run out of that shit.

Now, I for one wouldn't have much enjoyed a game that revolved around "either nail that Giant w/ Hole, Hole, or Fissure, or ram it in the face and tie with Mammoth Graveyard, or ram it in the face and tie with Silver Fang, or give Silver Fang some Fangs and let it win vs. it, or that Giant wins the fucking fight guaranteed bar 2x of the same Equip on a cannon fodder monster." I ignore Dark Magician and Gaia; Summoning them at this point would have outright required the cannon fodder somehow surviving a long time.

And if somehow DM got on field, it merely changed the rules of who the game revolved around. Either you nailed it with Hole, Hole, or Fissure, or rammed it in the face with your own DM and tied, or rammed it with your own book-boosted DM and won unless it was also boosted an equal amount - at which point you still tied, or you rammed it in the face with a Gaia that was boosted by 1x Legendary Sword.

So yeah Hitotsu-me ruled the game at its debut - at least, as much as any one monster could have.

I know what youre going to say next faggot

I draft Volume 1 from 1999.

My draft deck loads up on decent amounts of the following cards and/or combos, listed in order of importance:

Hitotsu-Me Giant

Dark Hole

Trap Hole

Fissure

Silver Fang

Mammoth Graveyard

Dark Magician

My chances of winning are astronomically superior to anyone else in the draft, as most other monsters in the pack aren't even in the same league.

There are certain levels of ATK in the pack; 1200 is the highest costless, shared by Hitotsu-Me, Mammoth, and Silver - and of the three, Hitotsu has the highest DEF. There are also certain levels of DEF: Hitotsu takes the highest costless, at 1000. All of the costed ones have the same cost - DM has the highest ATK in that bunch, and ties for the highest DEF.

The next highest costless ATK achievable is 800, taken by several: next costless DEF is 900, taken by only one mon in the pack. The next-highest (more common) DEF is 800, taken by several, including Mammoth and Silver.

Equip Spells exist, and the equipped mon gains 300 ATK and DEF; the best one by far at the time is Beast Fangs. Not only is it compatible with one of the three monsters tied for best costless ATK, it's also compatible with the 800/900 mon in the pack, and a 700/600 as well. No other Equip in the pack has such a good monster pool to work with; Spellcasters try, but while they match up well on lower ATKs, they don't have a compatible 1200 - although compatibility with DM is noted as a way to kill rather than tie DMs.

One set of Fangs makes Silver unbeatable in ATK and beatable only by a 1200 in DEF; it makes the 800/900 beat everything but the 1200s in ATK, and block the 1200s in DEF; it makes the 700/600 beat everything but the 1200s and a 1-Fang 800/900 in ATK, and blocks everything but the 1200s and a 1-Fang 800/900 DEFwise.

So, there are 2 other cards to prioritize if we can obtain Fangs:

Dark Gray

Babylon

From there, you just stock up on the 800 ATK mons and go to town.

Casters got DM, and an Equip too. The Spellcaster pool outside of DM is:

Nemuriko, 800/700

Sectarian of Secrets, 700/500

Kuromazoku no Curtain, 600/500

Obviously, it doesn't quite compare to the Beast pool - but at least it's not as bad as the Warrior pool, or the Zombie pool. They got Equips of that variety too.

The Warrior pool is:

Gaia the Fierce Knight

Kagemusha of the Blue Flame

Copix, 600/500

Compared to the caster pool, DM trumps Gaia, Nemuriko trumps Kagemusha, and Sectarian trumps Copix.

And, of course, Zombies got an Equip too. The Zombie pool, aside from Mammoth, is:

Fire Devil, 700/500

Shisha no Ude, 600/600

The caster pool completely trumps it, too, bar Mammoth.

This, combined with how it's wise to keep your combos down to a minimum for flexibility's and safety's sake, means that the furthest one should go Equip-wise is for the best 2 Types for Equips, IF that many.

It also bodes note that the only monsters hittable by Trap Hole would be the 1200s and the costed monsters, such that making your own mons near 1200-level strength becomes an important counterpoint - and of the Types, Beast and Spellcaster do that best.

Source: duelistgroundz.com/index.php?/topic/129832-earl-y-ygo-history/

Kind of incredible to think that Trap Hole was limited for a while.

you sperging out is the best shit user

I replied to him on what he is copying becuase I was wondering where the fuck he was getting these walls of text from. How is that sperging out or are you the same faggot?

I think he assumed you were the same person.

why would you even reply to pasta?

got the source on then?

I need to see the rest of this shit

Copypastanon, where did you go? I was enjoying this rather repetitive rant.

The thing is, in that meta attack/def shuffling cards are pretty good, it gets you past those 2k walls and lets you kill big bombs without killing your own.

I wonder if it covers all the way to the Chaos reign or the like.

A more detailed history, part 2: from August 26, 1999 to … hell, I'm just going to cover August 26, it's enough of a worldbreaker ON ITS OWN.

Okay, ladies and gents, I trust you all read the first part. I'm not rehashing all of it.

Last time, we left off at July 27, 1999 - the release date of Volume 4.

Exodia gained its fourth card, its right leg, here - all that was missing was its head. Perfectly Ultimate Great Moth changed from something unplayable in the literal sense to something unplayable in the practical sense, because the cards necessary to Summon it - Petit Moth and Cocoon of Evolution were released here. Summoned Skull was born here, and set a benchmark of ATK expectations for single-Tribute monsters that would go unsurpassed for years to come. Magician of Faith was released here; Mask of Darkness was released here.

Harpie Lady was released here, as was Egotist and Sisters, bringing forth one of the earliest Special Summons from the Deck. Sisters' comparatively low ATK and uselessness if drawn, though, could have been considered counterbalanced by the sheer amount of damage one could do in dropping two cards. It was not easy to summon multiple monsters each turn yet; Sisters was one of the earliest ways.

If you wanted to utterly devastate someone's health after a Dark Hole, Egotist was *the* way. If you wanted to force your opponent to play something strong, Egotist was *a* way.

Oh, by the way, Faith and Mask were Super Rare. Cocoon was too. Exodia's Right Leg, Summoned Skull, and Egotist were all Ultra Rare. Sisters was Secret Rare. (Harpie Lady itself was common, as was Petit Moth, for all 3 Great Moth fans out there.)

Volume 4, all on its own, is related to the concepts of:

*chase cards (all of the above except Moth, Moth's materials, and Harpie Lady)

*new game paradigms (SS from Deck)

*new tactics (Egotist leading into Sisters, while unnecessary, was the original easy two-monsters-in-one-turn play)

*cards being released before they were playable (Perfectly Ultimate Great Moth - Volume 4 actually made it playable)

*breaking new ground in power creep (Summoned Skull)

*setting longstanding paradigms (Summoned Skull)

But I'm not here to discuss Volume 4, I'm here to go FURTHER than it.

On to August 26, 1999; the release date of BOTH Booster 4 and the OCG's first Premium Pack!

I'd like to cover the promo pack first. It was released at the Tokyo Dome, in accordance with an event for "Yu-Gi-Oh! Duel Monsters II: Dark Duel Stories". A few important things happened:

1) Exodia's head was released here, meaning that the limbs now had a use - and the first way to win outside of inflicting damage to the opponent was manifest.

2) Goddess of Whim was released here. It's almost as if the ATK it could gain with a lucky coin toss was a hint of things to come.

3) TIME WIZARD WAS RELEASED HERE OH MY GOD HOLY SHIT AHQehaweiofho'w;nf'OLQBDDOHIq

4) Cosmo Queen was released here, thereby disproving Dark Magician's flavor text within 5 months of DM's being created. Even the game's flavor means nothing in the face of almighty power creep.

I don't know how many cards came in a pack, so I don't know how rarities affected cardfinding. What I do know is that Time Wizard was Secret, and the others were all Ultra.

Oh yeah, let's not forget. None of the Exodia pieces were Limited. Nor was Pot of Greed.

googered the source out of boredom

duelistgroundz.com/index.php?/topic/129832-earl-y-ygo-history/

even i think it's TL;DR tho

With the Premium Pack covered, on to Booster 4.

Ladies and gentlemen; welcome to the genesis of the paradigm you all know and fear from a long time ago - the birth of the 1900 no-cost. (As said before, the 2000 no-cost was born some time before this.) Gemini Elf came unto the game and said: "Now I am become death, the destroyer of worlds."

Before this moment, 1600 was the big number threat. In this pack I see 1600s - useless. 1700s - no one likes Axe Raider. 1800s - HA! La Jinn, Giant Red Seasnake, eat your fuckin' hearts out!

Even the great Mechanicalchaser, released in this same pack, guilty of ruling the very world the TCG knew for years, held no candle to Gemini Elf. The only reason WE ever cared about Chaser was because over here, it got released before Elf.

And in case the lot of you thought "oh Elf was probably rarest card in the pack"

It was common. So were those 17s and 18s I mentioned.

And so was Graceful Charity, which was first printed in Booster 4 too.

It's notable that Booster 4 only had 5 rares, all of which are unimportant to our analysis - they were all just Warrior Elimination and its clones for 4 other Types. Warrior Elimination wasn't new here, it was new in Volume 4. I don't know, or care, about which of the clones were and weren't new.

White Hole and Call of the Grave were born here in Booster 4 - recall that Dark Hole was in Volume 1, the first product of the game, and Reborn was in Volume 2, the fourth product of the game, released only 2 1/2 months later.

Right now we're going to go over a tiny bit of Limit List history as well.

Also recall that while Dark Hole was Limited at *some* point in 1999, Monster Reborn was not on any list until April 1, 2000. It was Semi'd at that point, then fully Limited for the first time on November 1, 2000. 15 different cards were Limited before Reborn was. 5 of them were Exodia pieces.

Actually, let's talk Exodia some more. At the time OF Exodia's birth, the only possibly-Limited cards were Dark Hole, Trap Hole, and Raigeki. I say "possibly" because I don't know at what point in 1999 the list took effect. (I said in an earlier article that the List was Dark Hole, Trap Hole, and Fissure: my bad.)

I see a marked difference of note here.

Thus the real king of Booster 4 is Graceful; Elf is merely its heir to the throne of Lord and Master.

I think August 26 perhaps ought be called Exodia Day - not only was it first usable here; it had triple-Pot, triple-Graceful, and the fact that 2000 DEF was unbreakable without removal or a multi-card investment - which itself would be vulnerable to removal as well!

Sound reasonable.

I found it. duelistgroundz.com/index.php?/topic/129832-earl-y-ygo-history/

From August 23 to the game's 1 year anniversary

Let's make a little list of notable things for this time period:

No Forbidden or Semi-Limited Cards
Only Limited Cards: Dark Hole, Raigeki, Trap Hole
2000 DEF = Standard costless DEF
1900 ATK = Standard costless ATK
2500 ATK = Standard single-Tribute ATK
3000 ATK = Standard double-Tribute ATK
Standard costless values insurmountable w/o Tributing for a large monster, using self-consuming removal, or using ATK/DEF boosts via Equips and Fields
Pot of Greed, Graceful, SoRL, Harpie's Feather Duster, Crush Card Virus, Ultimate Offering, and Reborn exist
Elegant Egotist is the only way to Special Summon from the Deck - Harpie Lady Sisters seems to exist as nothing more than an anti-1900 option, aside from the swarming potential.
Effect Monsters so far: Armed Ninja, Hane-Hane, Man-Eater Bug, Reaper of the Cards, Skelengel, Dark Artist, Hourglass of Courage, Patrol Robo, Wodan the Resident of the Forest, Magician of Faith, Mask of Darkness, Electric Lizard, Steel Scorpion, Exodia the Forbidden One, Goddess of Whim, Time Wizard
Other notables: Acid Trap Hole, Perfectly Ultimate Great Moth, White Hole, Call of the Grave

This rehashes a lot of what we covered a year ago.

Before we completely leave behind August 26, note this: that tournament had prizes. The championship prize was BEUD, which wouldn't be commercially available for a long while. Second place was Meteor B. Dragon, which was also unavailable otherwise for some time. Gate Guardian and Magician of Black Chaos were participation prizes: both of them would be unusable until their components were released, at later dates.

Just before the tournament, on August 20, the first Ritual Monster and Ritual Spell were released - Dokurorider and his Revival.

September 23, 1999 brought Volume 5.

Effect Monsters within it are Big Eye, Blast Juggler, Jinzo #7, Kazejin, Larvae Moth, Leghul, Masked Sorcerer, Mystic Lamp, Ooguchi, Queen's Double, Rainbow Flower, Sanga of the Thunder, Suijin, and White Magical Hat.

STs are Anti Raigeki, Call of Darkness, Change of Heart, Fake Trap, Soul Release, The Cheerful Coffin, Tribute to the Doomed.

B. Skull Dragon came so close to being a potentially worthwhile fusion, as Summoned Skull was already a worthwhile choice by some measures. Using Red-Eyes as material, though, was less a move of wisdom and more a move of sticking faithfully to YGO's source material. Still, it was the best Fusion in the game that didn't yet require one to get to a Tournament Final Match.

Big Eye and Masked Sorcerer let folks fish for cards a bit more. Masked itself put us one step closer to making CCV really assert itself.

Soul Release and Call of Darkness come to mind as direct answers to triple Reborn, because evidently Call of the Grave in a prior release wasn't cutting it.

Sanga, Suijin, and Kazejin are essentially the first monsters to be smaller than BEWD yet capable of winning a fight with it. They also made Gate Guardian usable.

October 17 brought us Booster 5.

Notable new cards from it were Dragon Seeker, Just Desserts, Machine King, Morphing Jar, Mysterious Puppeteer, Needle Worm, Royal Decree, and Trap Master.

Precisely how many alternate win condition tools did we have at this point? Bakura.dek - lots of Morphing Jars - seems damn plausible!

November 18 brought Volume 6.

Bladefly, Cannon Soldier, Dragon Piper, Great Moth, Horn of Heaven, Hoshiningen, Little Chimera, Magic Jammer, Milus Radiant, Muka Muka, Sangan, Seven Tools, Shadow Ghoul, Solemn, Star Boy, Witch, and Witch's Apprentice round out the notable cards.

And remember: all of them are unlimited.

Yeah, who thinks Exodia might've liked 1999?

December 1999 was quite a month.

The 1st brought Booster 6.

Beastking of the Swamps, Cyber-Stein, Fusion Sage, Gale Dogra, Goddess with the Third Eye, Greenkappa, Magical Thorn, Monster Eye, Mystical Sheep #1, Penguin Soldier, and Versago the Destroyer round out all notable newcomers. Cyber-Stein had most value for the top two duelists in the country at the time, as they held BEUD and Meteor B. Dragon. Everyone else had to settle for B. Skull with it.

The 7th brought us the first Weekly Jump promo, which was an ultra rare Chinese Dark Magician.

The 9th brought the first V-Jump promo, which was an ultra rare Chinese BEWD.

The 9th also brought the release of Forbidden Memories, a Playstation game no one likes. In the game, we got the first releases of Metalmorph and Red-Eyes Black Metal Dragon. It also has the ONLY OCG RELEASES of Harpie's Pet Dragon, Zoa, and Metalzoa.

The 14th brought the guidebook for Forbidden Memories. Here, Black Magic Ritual was released for the first time.

The 16th brought EX Starter Box, the OCG's second Starter Deck. (Not Structure - Starter. The first was Starter Box back in March.) Here, we first met Last Will, Lord of D., The Flute of Summoning Dragon, Waboku, and Wall of Illusion. The last one brings us another step closer to CCV potency.

The last releases of December 1999 - and 1999 itself - were on December 18. They were the Jump Festa 2000 Promo and Premium Pack 2. The Jump Festa promo was a Secret Rare BEWD: Premium Pack 2 gave rise to Black Luster Soldier, Fiend's Mirror, Super War-Lion, Zera the Mant, and their corresponding Ritual Spells.

The game celebrated its first birthday on January 23, 2000. The next release would be Volume 7, released January 27.

So, across this span, what changed?

We got several new concepts introduced.
Big Eye introduced altering the deck's top.
White Magical Hat introduced the Zaloog Principle.
The direct attacker idea was first tested.
Monster theft was first tested via CoH.
Cards were sometimes made explicitly to counter other cards.
Burn, hand destruction, deck destruction, negation of Summons, negation of activations, and negation of effects were all introduced in forms we recognize.
Triple Sangan and Triple Witch existed alongside triple Morphing Jar, triple Pot, triple Graceful, and triple Needle Worm. If Exodia existed in any form, it had one thing to fear: discard.
Last Will came in, albeit a bit late.

From January 23, 2000 to April 1, 2000

We begin the game's second year with Volume 7, released on January 27.

Barrel Dragon, Catapult Turtle, D.D. Warrior, Dark Elf, Lava Battleguard, Kuriboh, Mushroom Man #2, Princess of Tsurugi, Swamp Battleguard, The Immortal of Thunder, The Unhappy Maiden, and Thunder Dragon round out the set's Effect Monsters.

Mirror Force, Robbin' Goblin, Shield & Sword, Tremendous Fire, and Twin-Headed Thunder Dragon round out the other notable cards.

Note that this essentially hands us more anti-grave tools (to combat Reborn), more anti-attacking tools (to combat big mons in general), and more other means of defense (Kuriboh).

March 1 brings Booster 7.

Its notable new cards are Castle of Dark Illusions, Crass Clown, Dream Clown, Gryphon Wing, Heavy Storm, Jirai Gumo, Ring of Magnetism, Share the Pain, and The Bistro Butcher. Storm essentially becomes an HFD that can't be countered by Gryphon, at the cost of ALWAYS behaving like Gryphon as well. Jirai is "pay half your LP to get over anything not named Summoned Skull." The Bistro Butcher reeks of more deck-killing, albeit a very dangerous sort unless one already had CCV applied.

March 23 brings the Dark Ceremony Edition - a pack that held all the contents of the prior Premium Pack 2, along with adding some other new rituals - Skull Guardian, Fortress Whale, Chakra, and Javelin Beetle.

April 1 brought the first Limit List change in the game's history.

Trap Hole was Unlimited.

Reborn, Graceful, and HFD were all Semi-Limited.

Exodia, its limbs, Pot of Greed, Change of Heart, Mirror Force, and Last Will were all Limited.

The ramifications of these changes were important, but the hearts of various decks were mostly untouched. The monster effects around which one could build up a deck were all left alone: only the Spell supports were harmed.

These changes left most of the Traps specifically made to counter certain Spells as dead cards. They were bad before, but now they got worse.

Deckout as a deckplan took a slight hit - you no longer had your opponent helping you to your win condition as much, because they wouldn't be running as much Greed and Graceful.

From April 1, 2000 to May 15, 2000

Yes, Format #2 didn't last very long, for May 15 brought the second list update in the game's history.

Between those updates, we had two releases on April 20.

Magic Ruler, the first booster in what the OCG calls "Series 2", was made here.

Notable cards are: Penguin Knight, Axe of Despair, Black Pendant, Malevolent Nuzzler, Spellbinding Circle, Electric Snake, Ameba, Maha Vailo, Minar, Griggle, Weather Report, Hiro's Shadow Scout, Invader of the Throne, Relinquished, Gravekeeper's Servant, Curse of Fiend, Upstart Goblin, Toll, Final Destiny, Snatch Steal, Confiscation, Delinquent Duo, Rush Recklessly, The Forceful Sentry, Chain Energy, Mystical Space Typhoon, Giant Trunade, Painful Choice.

With one equip Spell, Maha would rival the strongest monsters of the day.

Spellbinding Circle served as a strictly inferior Shadow Spell, for all purposes except one - Shadow Spell would not be bounceable with Trunade if the target were Tributed, whereas Circle would be.

Hiro's Shadow Scout served as more deckout.

Penguin Knight, Electric Snake, Ameba, Minar, Griggle, and Weather Report all existed as extremely specific counters.

Invader of the Throne, if protected, would have served as an anti-anything.

Relinquished was released without its Ritual Spell.

Snatch, Duo, Confis, Forceful, Trunade, MST, and Painful need no introduction.

GK Servant really, really helped deckout too, as long as it stayed alive. Good luck with that - 3 Trunade, MST, and Storm alongside 2 HFD.

April 20 also brought us Valuable Book 2. In it we found Relinquished's Ritual Spell and Dark-Eyes Illusionist. You were forced to buy this product if you wanted to run Relinquished.

May 15's list change Limited HFD and Semi-Limited Snatch Steal, ending Format 2 and bringing in Format 3.

From May 15, 2000 to July 15, 2000

May 18 brings us Legend of Blue-Eyes White Dragon, the first reprint set in the game's history. It carried reprints from Starter Box and Volume 1.

May 20 printed Garnecia Elefantis in V-Jump. It's obviously based on Ganesha, and the kana match, but Konami didn't see fit to localize it that way.

Preorders for Limited Edition Pack 2 began on April 25 and ended May 23: It's alleged to have been released June 1. It brings one new card each from Yugi, Joey, and Keith, alongside some reprints - Gazelle, Alligator's Sword, and Blast Sphere. It would be a while before the first two became relevant in even the slightest sense, but Blast Sphere served as yet another punishment tool against monsters.

Booster R1 reprinted several cards from Series 1 on June 23, to no great consequence.

July 13 brought both a Booster and a video game.

The booster was Pharaoh's Servant, the second booster of Series 2.

The game was Yu-Gi-Oh! Duel Monsters III: Tri-Holy-God-Advent for the Game Boy Color. We know this game as Dark Duel Stories here in the states, although Dark Duel Stories was the name of Yu-Gi-Oh! Duel Monsters II across the Pacific.

Notable cards from Pharaoh's Servant are: Blue-Eyes Toon Dragon, Horn of the Unicorn, Labyrinth Wall, Wall Shadow, Magical Labyrinth, Eternal Rest, Megamorph, Wall Shadow, Toon Mermaid, Toon Summoned Skull, Toon World, Cyber Jar, Banisher of the Light, Giant Rat, Senju of the Thousand Hands, UFO Turtle, Karate Man, Giant Germ, Nimble Momonga, Spear Cretin, Shining Angel, Mother Grizzly, Flying Kamakiri #1, Sonic Bird, Mystic Tomato, Gaia Power, Umiiruka, Molten Destruction, Rising Air Current, Luminous Spark, Mystic Plasma Zone, and Messenger of Peace.

Note how long that list is compared to most prior releases.

Note also that Toon World is the only card in game history to actually have its effect changed, rather than merely misprinted and fixed.

The notable game promos for Duel Monsters III were Sinister Serpent, Widespread Ruin, Goblin Fan, Alpha and Beta of the Magnet Warriors, and Summoned Skull's replacement, Cyber-Tech Alligator.

Goblin Fan's notability exists solely out of stuff such as Mask of Darkness and Magician of Faith, and even then, it probably wasn't that good.

Alpha and Beta are only notable because of their flavor text saying that Alpha, Beta, and Gamma combine - namely, their release here was comparable to how Exodia's release was spread across countless products.

Sinister and Widespread need no introduction.

Two guidebooks were also released for DM3. The first was released the same day DM3 was released, and it contained Panther Warrior.

On July 15th, this format ended with a list change that Limited Forceful and Confis, and Semi-Limited GK Servant and Duo.

Remember how I said several posts ago that CCV was released?

I swear, I don't get how it wasn't good back then.

OCG Booster Packs usually contained 5 cards with no guaranteed rare, I used to buy a lot of those back in the day… until the guy who sold them stopped carrying them.

People used to weigh packs. The heavy ones had rare cards.

I tried using some anons cardian deck from these threads a while back. It's pretty fun. I just tried it against the AI Kozmo deck.

That being said, I'm still looking to build a fun deck until cardians make their way over here. I was thinking maybe building penguins, I don't know yet. I'm currently running battlin boxers.

Why changing Moonlight to Lunalight? the fuck is wrong with the localization team sometimes?

and then chaos debuted…and the yata lock struck

I want him to get to that part.

I have no idea how to build a deck but I want to make a Kaiju deck with Relinquished.

Would love to hear all the story up to the current year

bump

r8 my deck
i've been preparing it for nationals
i can pretty easily beat monarchs now, and that's at least 50% of the players here
now my only issue is how to deal with burning abyss. best thing i've got against them is shadow-imprisoning mirror, and that leaves me pretty weak since it shuts down uni-zombie. i might try and find abyss dweller

Confirmed spic or wigger.

Everything. The original name was fine.

BURNING
KNUCKLERS
i'll never forgive them for that

- 2 Lyla
- Gold Sarc
- Sharnui Field spell
- 2 maxx c (Side them)

+ 2 Raiden (He's faster)
+ 2 Charge of the light brigade
+ Instant fusion (You want to see Norden)
+ Twin Twister (Discarding helps this deck)

I might get shit for this but I hate running Vanitys. When I flip it my opponent just hits my other face downs and gets rid of it, basically a 2 for 1 sort of thing.

if i had raiden, sure, but i don't and in this case she still serves as minor spell/trap removal
i agree there, i'll probably put bottomless in it's place
he's worked out better for me in main deck, even against fucking monarchs
not too sure about that, it's essentially an easy way of banishing spiritmaster and destroying one face up enemy card
don't have any of them, if i did i'd run them
you only use vanity as a chain to stop another summon, that way it actually becomes useful

You don't have a team or friends to borrow from? Yugioh players are shitty but, having a friend or two that plays makes it easier to get cards.

everyone here is using their instant fusions and twin twisters
i might find raidens though

That makes sense and good luck at nats.

In Spanish they didn't even keep the "Burning" part and became "Indomitable"

Burning Knucklers was the original, Battlin' Boxers is the English name.

fuck, my memory is horrible
i remember for sure that i hated whatever switch there was, guess i just forgot which was which
guess i'll go kill myself

Another silly name.

How on earth do you go from Deamon Eater to that long ass name?

Easily.

Are they on drugs?

Yes.

That is just lazy

SO do you happen to know other TCG that aren't MTG or some shit that has been running for a decade AND are decent?

It hasn't been around long but, try Force of Will. They have waifus.

Do they have cards that aren't shit?

So which Yugioh videogame is the best for playing before GX fucked everything up with structure decks? World Championship 2005 or Nightmare Troubadour?

WC 2005 & 2006, i think i liked 2005 more.

checked
How did GX fuck things up? I'm serious and I was going to recommend Duel Academy for the gba.

I don't know but, I see a lot of people playing it now.

Lightswords/etc. structure decks where all the best shit is just given to you by Konami (and by that I mean so that you're forced to buy all of it) which means there's no point to actually being creative and building your own decks.

Not sure if Duel Academy has the later-cycle structure bullshit of the GX era, though.

It's a Super Rare. Every pack has a Super Rare or higher now, 4 Ultras and 2 Secrets to a box now. It's like a $1 card.

It doesn't. You buy packs in the gba game.

Duel academy is pretty early, they don't even have all the elemental heroes like blade edge and wildheart.

Does anyone know if there is a list available of all cards that can preventy special summons and/or immediately end the opponents battle phase?

I'm trying to make an anti-meta deck that can stop all that annoying milling that takes like an hour.

Here is a blue eyes deck that just topped in OCG land.
ygorganization.com/ocg-hokkaido-duel-tournament-521-top-deck/

Off the top of my head
No battle phase

No special summon

Are the people that come up with these names autistic?
Why do they have so much trouble not naming things like retards?

Yes.

I know the power creep blew this game the fuck out but it really says something about the game that an easily, freely summonable 3k beater that can nuke the field for free is at 3 and has basically never been touched. Lucksworn got plenty of new support, they can run Michael, they can run Lightrays if they want a boss. The deck is completely fair without that broken piece of trash JD.

he's unbanned because there's more broken shit than lightsworns
burning abyss are lightsworn on steroids but with control over what they send to the graveyard.

FoW got hit with 3 years of power creep with one dual deck set. Killed the game for me

He can only be used if you're running Lightsworns. He isn't in every other deck like BLS was.

Yu-Gi-Oh could always be worse.

Remember when they tried to push that stupid fucking dice game?

Oh and battling with trading cards while driving a motorcycle is always fun. Really neat how the video games based around it were nothing more than circuit races with cards floating in the air obstructing your fucking vision.

Just popping in to request that youtube channel that plays on duel network (I think? I don't know shit about yugioh), of the player pulling off stupid bullshit like 50+ draws/summons a turn matches as a replay that goes by fast as fuck.

So? All of the broken shit should be hit, not just JD.

BLS should be banned too, along with 90% of everything post xyz.

I really ENJOY playing this deck and will probably make it when it comes out in august. Any suggestions to make it a bit better?
If you dont know about Cardians, their effects are basically summon and draw 1 card if it isnt a cardian discard it. otherwise you can keep it or for the higher ones special summon it.

I was going through my boxes when I came across a ton of mtg cards from Innistrad. It put me in the mood to make a deck focused around spirits or the undead. Unfortunately, the Innistrad boosters are fucking insanely expensive now.

I could get the individual cards at decent prices, but I always liked the smell of opening fresh packs.

See the copy pasta user post.

Duel Academy is fine user. I just ran through it and the Elemental hero's are still limited to the era of Flare Wingman. (Shining flare exists, but is only given in the expensive endgame pack after you've collected 90% of all cards).

They do have the most early structure deck cards such as the Sea Dragon, Fire Lord and Red Eyes Darkness cards, but that's the limit of it.

AI in the game is hilariously exploitable (running a 280 win streak), but I've had a lot of fun coming back to it.

Self driving cars are the future. Next gen will be self-driven F1 racing cards.

You are part of the reason why yugioh is shit. You are the cancer.

Again see the copy pasta user's post or watch the video in the OP on how to stop being a bitch.

Not a valid defense. You either love the taste of mediocrity and enjoy a bad game or you are the kind of faggot who buys wins with the deck of the format before it's hit into oblivion a few formats later.

The same as stop having fun guys
How else are you going to get new cards?

Fixed.
Because you can't just buy a deck and keep playing the game. Thanks to the power creep trending towards infinity, you have to buy a new deck every format if you want to hope to compete. It's pseudo set rotation.

You're going to respond to this with another meme image and no argument.

Proof? Compare it to TCG's that has been around as long as Yugioh
You know you can mix and match cards right? HAT and Shaddoll trains say hello.
Here you go.

I once dueled a guy who beat me in one turn. And without even declaring an attack.
He basically used a whole heap of cards to draw cards and dump his entire deck into the graveyard, then used some other spell card that took my lifepoints proportional to the dumped cards, or something like that.

That was probably magical explosion FTK. It's a frustrating deck to go against but it is different and unique.

That guy is right, the power creep has gone too far, all for the sake of money.

Oh and I should add that this wasn't even a fluke. His whole deck was designed that he could 1-turn someone with whatever hand he drew because pretty much everything guarunteed he'd draw the card he wanted.

Yeah, the game has become so bloated that you usually lose 7000 life point on average in a single turn, while everything has inflated as hell life points remained the same.

Pretty much what he did, but I don't recall that particular card.

Magic the gathering has been around much longer, and has only recently started going to shit, mostly due to mismanagement and it having a surge of popularity.

MTG is much better balanced since mana is one of the best designed resources for a TCG, it also has one rotating format in standard that is played with only the most recent sets, Modern which is played with every card printed in a non supplementary set since ~2003 with a banlist, probably the worst format, Legacy which is played with any card with a fairly hefty banlist and vintage which nobody plays since it has no banlist.

Rotation was magic's solution to power creep, and it works pretty well, although they think it gives them an "excuse" for releasing shitty sets because they feel the need to "tone down" the power level of standard.

Magic has been getting shitty lately because most of the newer sets are boring as hell, and their design plan seems to be making 20-30ish cards playable and the rest useless out of a set of 200 cards. I believe this trend started shortly after innistrad since it was the last great set.

Yugioh can be fun, but by nature of having no resource outside of your hand, and an easy-ish to bypass one creature per turn clause, its hard to keep power in check while printing interesting cards.

Theres a reason card advantage, and even filtering in the form of cantrips and "looting" is completely broken. the 40 card deck limit doesn't help things at all either.

Screw the rules, I have money!

That's mostly in the TCG. The OCG has different decks and bans most of the cancer cards.

Yeah, I can't really defend magical explosion but again it's at 1 in the OCG like most unfair things. Here is the OCG ban list

yugioh-card.com/ph/event/rules_guides/forbidden_cardlist.php?list=201604&lang=en

The player with the lowest LP takes no damage. Once per turn, during the Main Phase: The turn player can pay 1000 LP, then activate 1 of these effects;
- Draw 1 card.
- Destroy this card.
- Your opponent gains 1000 LP. Neither player can activate cards or effects in response to this effect's activation.

>shop.tcgplayer.com/yugioh/clash-of-rebellions/chicken-game?partner=ygotcg

This sounds like pure bs

Thanks niggs

First you say

Then you compare it to MTG and say

Which one is it? Is Yugioh shit and unbalanced or is Magic balenced and shit? I'm confused

It's banned.

Chicken Game is fun.
Do you hate fun or something?

He's saying that power creep has turned Yugioh into a mess, while mtg has gotten really stale post-Innistrad.

Hey if it makes you feel better raigeki is banned over there

You can't have both.

Just filter the baiting retard.

That's why you shoot for the middle rather than the two extremes that yugioh and mtg went in.

Ok

What would a middle ground look like?

You can't have both.

You can't have both

yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Victory_Dragon
Why is this banned?
Does it's effect even do anything that is not already part of the rules?

Because you win the match. A match is 2 out of 3 rounds, not a single round.

Because konami doesn't know how to make a banlist.

Because players can surrender at any time. It's legal to just surrender the game instead of losing the match.

Frankly, I think you should only be able to surrender on your own turn.

For mtg? I'd say make more cards viable out of the 200 or 300 in a block rather than 20-30. They'll get rotated out relatively quickly now with the changes to blocks and playing magic will get more expensive as a result. An issue with rotations is that you end up burning more money to play standard and it can ruin decks, but it does keep things a bit more balanced.

Yugioh allows you make a deck and continue using it forever if you wanted to. However, as there is no rotation, cards need to get more outrageous to justify players coming back. The issue that this causes it that newer sets generally shit on all older sets and creates an environment that forces a rotation to the newer decks. This creates situations where the newer cards create otk kill decks and it becomes increasingly harder to avoid as the list of cards grows larger. As another user said earlier in this thread, I also think Yugioh might be too old to bring in actual rotation.

Middle Ground would be mtg spicing up the cards for standard, while Yugioh would be either toning them way down or wishing they had created a rotation.

You'll have to ask the other two anons for their opinions.

That's pretty funny.

They should do this for ygo. There is many a time where I'm testing out a deck and the other player quit before I can get the hang of it.

Yugioh would benefit from a rotation like a fast and slow format. I miss using shaddolls. Also I forgot about ARG and their banlist.
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1yFMKu2omTIky-3aPWT39GBIxrx7feWAyNQ21euorHOM/htmlview?pli=1

what the fuck are you running that a years-old deck is giving you trouble

Maybe he's using a deck from that era. Altantiens or a random synchro starter deck that he only brought 1 of instead of 3 to mix them together.

For what purpose?

Making cards that reference blue eyes is fine but why can't they spend more than 30 seconds on the name?

Is hit or miss, but is dakn fun to play with them.

thousand eyes restrict finally went back to limited
you can use him with instant fusion

You two can kindly fuck off, surrendering is pretty much the only way to escape the shitters that make a ridiculously long combo that you KNOW is going to finish you and can't do shit about.

i haven't played this game in donkey's years and the fact this and sangan are actually off the forbidden list just blows my mind

are there any other good resources for this besides the stuff op mentioned?

Amazoness is getting more support due to the anime. It's coming full circle.
ygorganization.com/arc-v-the-new-amazoness-fusions/

The name of the game is consistency. Make a deck in ygo and hit the shuffle button and see what play you can do with the first 5 cards, 6 if you like to go second. Then rinse and repeat until you think it's good enough.

i'm sick of extra-deck reliant cards, at least kozmos got that right
can't they just give us beefy amazoness monsters instead of more extra deck cards? that's one of the reasons monarchs fucked everyone up so badly

Sangan got a reprint and people spam out monsters so much that raigeki came back. They banned most of the crazy stuff in OCG but TCG are Jews and keep the broken stuff because it makes the most money. Also I'm the fag but I'm on my phone.

I agree with you but fuck if that deck isn't annoying. System down and cyber core with chimera fortress dragon are amazing counters though.
Monarchs are annoying but I don't really see people siding good things against them besides mask of restrict. Rivalry of the warlords hurts them a lot.

i meant that they got the feature of a deck that doesn't rely on it's extra deck right
i still hate kozmos like cancer since my only real defense against them is battle faders
but at least they don't need their extra deck
i liked all the older decks that worked like this
fire fists worked just fine without their xyz/synchros

You should try the new Dark magician stuff. With the spell when he's SS you can banish things. With the trap you can SS him from hand or grave and he's uneffected by other cars effects. The only time I went into the extra deck was for Flare Metal for pressure.

That wasn't the point I was trying to make.

Eventually, you WILL run into a cunt that is playing a deck that takes a long ass time to kill you, heck. Maybe they are even intentionally drawing it out, and you will have absolutely no answer. That is why the surrender option is there.

Coward

devpro specifically counts turning the game off as "ragequitting" when you look at your wins/losses

Still take the lost. See the you lose screen and really think on what you could have did better or what are the real problem cards of the deck you faced.

A lost isn't a lost if you learn from it and get better.

That one is actually something they did in the early days. When a card had an English name on the Nipponese card (which that one does. It's "Sea Horse" written phonetically) they gave it a Nipponese name. The most famous card subject to it was Three Eye (Sangan). Overall it's not a bad idea on its own.

So that's what it means. Makes sense.

prediction princess is fun, just got my first win with it
from just
to
it's nice, actually found some archetypes I don't hate

checked
There are some archtypes that are amazing. If you put time into building them you can have a good deck. As long as you don't build them and hope they will shit on the meta you will have fun. I love reptilannes, make your opponent monsters atk become 0 then pop them and draw for each one.

yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Category:Archetypes?useskin=oasis

Does every lvl 4 with 2000 atk only have 100 def?

Feels weird remembering Blue Eyes was once an actual threat.

I wonder if there's enough cards to make a Charmer deck that isn't all the same few cards.

I wonder who's the big name in drug dealing to localization teams.

It is going to become a treat again with the new support

This. The new support looks broken as fuck. Even with the generic dragon support like Gospel of revival, silvers cry, and dragons shrine. Blue eyes looks like it can steal a lot of wins from meta decks.

Is there some logic to this? Sorry if it's a retarded question, I haven't played Yu-Gi-Oh in like a decade and just started dicking around with YGOPro.

Call of the Haunted requires that you wait a turn after setting it, like every trap. Premature Burial, Monster Reborn, and other such cards can be played on the same turn you draw it.

Really though, the game is so fast now there's no point keeping them banned as literally every modern deck has graveyard resources and ways to get them out.

Call destroys the monster when it's taken off the field.
Call takes a turn to wait so isn't as much of a luckdraw that sacks the game.

Premature is an equip spell so it's searchable by hidden armory (a completely balanced card), instantly activatable, but the biggest offense is that it doesn't destroy the monster unless it is specifically destroyed. This means that even if you don't search it, any card that you can use to bounce it back to your hand makes it into an 800 lp cost monster reborn that is reusable.

Unless the support breaks it the fuck open and it becomes the cancer it was stealing wins from.

Reptilians need some balanced support to make them playable on a baseline level. Things like Glads, GK's, Dark World, Ghostricks, Scraps etc are all roughly on the same "tier" so to speak, and can more or less play fairly against one another bar counter matchups like GK vs Archfiends. There are dozens and dozens of decks around that power level and it's probably the most diverse and playable group of decks in the game. Yugioh would be perfect if everything since Xyz that was actually broken (not konami broken) was nuked out of the cardpool and made to be balanced for this level. Reptilians imo are too weak. Same with things like aliens or Hazy flames.

I know they're weak but they were fun too play. They got indirect support from ghost of a chance and ojama trio but it wasn't enough to do anything major. And sadly I doubt they will get more support seeing how the anime is already past the synchro dimension.

Combo time

it used to take skill and some creative combos to pull off a blue eyes deck, the most common back then being skill drain blue eyes and using a 3000 beatstick. Now the amount of dragon and blue eyes support is disgustingly oversaturated.

Konami loves their dragons. The D/D/D stucture deck was suppose to come out next month but, they swapped it with the Felgrand dragon deck just because cards in there will help blue eyes. So D/D/D an actual fun deck that can pull off Synchro, XYZ, and fusion gets pushed until next year. Dragons have the best generic support its not even funny. I just hope Dark Magician gets some good cards.

There was an old OTK deck I had. It revolved around drawing through most of your deck, using Mausolem of the Emperor to summon Gandora, RFG everything, then summon a bunch of dragons in one turn.

Also I probably should have included Gandora

see this shit was fun, giving support to vanilla monsters so they became a class on their own.

thought spellcasters had plenty of supports, especially with that spell book draw combo if I recall

Oh, also used cards of consonance and white stone of legend for more drawing power. White Stone of Ancients didn't exist at the time, but it might work better.

When did this happen?

yugioh-card.com/uk/gameplay/ruling_update_2014.html

How hasn't LP not been boosted up to 16000 or 20000 to compensate the power creep from 2 sacrifice 3000 monster to being able to summon multiple 3000-4000 strength monsters.

NOT FUCKING VIDYA
>>>/tg/

JUST

Glad I stopped playing YGO when I did.

I'm tempted to get back into the game after this with my shitty spellcounter deck, the main threat was my field spell getting overridden, plus all the spellcaster support can help out. I haven't played since a little while after XYZ monsters were introduced, what are some staple cards now?

At first maybe, but with all of the current support I've seen it play it's just another wombocombo spam deck getting free advantage from its cards.

Of recent decks, the only ones that I can defend as being balanced are Melodious and Superheavy Samurai.

It is not as good as it sounds, BEWD is pretty frail and will most likely die to an effect unless you protect it somehow

Yet ANOTHER shitty name change. Gospel of Revival sounds better.

See
Staples are

sup user

I appreciate your liking the name we came up with.

that said, there's a bit of a teachable moment here

one thing that people don't often know is that the company doesn't exactly "change names" from what we come up with into something else, they do everything they do for the sake of portraying their product in a specific way. They don't know what names my team comes up with, and they don't much care.

what we came up with - Gospel of Revival - was an interpretation of the actual card name used off in guroriosu nippon teikoku. over there they call it something that I can write in roman letters as "fukkatsu no fukuin".

This can be interpreted several ways, and our name choice was just one of those ways. Interpreting "fukkatsu" is the easy part: that's revival/return/ressurection/reincarnation, depending on context.

Interpreting "fukuin" is something where you can do some coy shit as a localizer. On paper it's literally nothing more than "the good news" - just like how when someone tries to tell you about Jesus, they're spreading what they believe to be "the good news" of their religion. That's why we went with gospel - we felt that it went ok name wise.

that said, to a christian, I'd imagine "gospel of revival" is a little redundant, seeing how their gospel is all about jesus reviving. between that and how nothing about the card name says "LEL DRAGONS" off in nippon, the name change didn't surprise me.

like, it'd be cool if they'd work with us on names but they've got money to make. shit happens, and I don't let it bother me much

Its more that Blue-Eyes is a stepping stone to better monsters; they just managed to mask it with nostalgia.

yeah like I told the other dude, everything puts the product's presentation first

releasing the D/D/Deck wouldn't have fit with the recent booster, but releasing FelgranDeck would, and they probably didn't feel releasing both would have either sell well

it's also notable that D/D is missing their most important Fusion mon over here, and that without it a lot of its plays just aren't marketable, that's probably why D/D cards are in this year's megatins.

Traps are slow, Spells aren't.

Premature bit the dust after Hidden Armory became a thing, because adding a Spell to hand is often a much bigger deal than adding a Trap

It's important to note that people often think the nipponese name a card gets here is a direct translation of the english name it had over there, but that's not always the case

sangan, for example, wasn't three eye over there, although it translates to that

it was "critter"

stand battles. ace cards are a lot more like stands than might seem sane. in august there'll be a new magician w/ reverse stats of DM, as another example.

thing is, people don't always know that it's legal to surrender, or don't care and will make trouble over it anyway because they feel entitled to the Match Win once they declare an attack w/ Victory Dragon.

rather than deal with the headache, they just up and decided to cut the gordian knot and kill the card itself. at least this way, matches can't end without at least 2 game wins.

play two alternative, kill 2 opposing monsters with each of their effects, use them for Cipher Dragon, steal a third opposing monster, and if it's an Xyz Monster, use the stolen monster as material for Full Armor Photon (because, you know, anything Cipher steals has its name changed to match Cipher).

stepping stone is entirely correct.

also, shit's hilarious.

we'll get there when my website finds copies of ancient rulebooks from like 10+ years ago

Oh right, forgot Sangan's original name was クリッター. Was giving the original card namers way too much credit

Fucking bullshit, was Ring really that op that they needed to gimp it so hard?

I assume the issue is not the ring itself but how 3000+ are all over the goddamn place monster

The problem was it leading to draws. Konami really doesn't like them.

Sorry. I'm op and I'm in my phone at the moment. This was my first time making a thread like this and I'll be sure to make an official copy pasta when I get up for next thread.

Do you really work on card names?

reporting from nationals
i went 3-3 with my shiranui zombies
won against 2 hero decks, and lightsworns
lost to monarchs, spellbooks and mermails
ended up 31st out of 53 people (lel, that's when i also account for the few foreigners that were here)
as expected the majority of the people here were with monarchs, other with burning abyss or kozmos, and the smallest group was random decks
i definitely feel like i've burned out on zombies now, might pick up my gem-knights or six samurais again for the future

How was the experience? I'd like to go to a national one day because I feel that I will learn from the people there.

eh, i mostly just feel annoyed since i didn't win anything. only needed 1 more victory and i could have at least won a mat
then i'm even more annoyed since i've spent like 60$ on cards for it this month
on the plus side, at least you get a lot of people to trade with. i got pic 1 and 2, and now i want to find a few more copies of them, and maybe something like zombiestein. they work surprisingly well in zombies
i also found a crush card virus, will run that in my d/d/ds
now if only people would stop running monarchs, i'd start running my gem-knights again

The on;y reason wjy Monarchs didn't get hit is because the variants use money cards like Red Layer and KoA loves money. KoJ stopped them.

also, r8 deck with these new ones in here

This tool allows you to upload your deck file
and convert it to a human readable format.

deck file: Choose File (deck.ydk)
card database (optional): Choose File (cards.cdb)
group cards

#main
Zombie Master
Samurai of Shiranui x2
Tristan, Knight of the Underworld x3
Mezuki x3
Chief Priest of Shiranui x3
Goblin Zombie
Isolde, Belle of the Underworld x3
Uni-Zombie x3
Spirit Reaper
Youtou - Shiranui
Maxx "C"
Plaguespreader Zombie
Instant Fusion
Book of Life x2
Soul Charge
Gold Sarcophagus
Foolish Burial
Twin Twister
Burial from a Different Dimension
Zombie World x2
Shiranui Style: Sword of Swallow x3
Storming Mirror Force
Bottomless Trap Hole
Vanity's Emptiness
Solemn Warning

#extra
Elder Entity Norden
Beelze of the Diabolic Dragons
Scarlight Red Dragon Archfiend
Ikusagami - Shiranui
PSY-Framelord Omega
Goyo Guardian
Katanagami - Shiranui
Number 23: Lancelot, Ghost Knight of the Underworld
Dark Rebellion Xyz Dragon
Cairngorgon, Antiluminescent Knight
Number 103: Ragnazero
Number 101: Silent Honor ARK
Castel, the Skyblaster Musketeer
Abyss Dweller
Gagaga Cowboy

!side
Samurai of Shiranui
Pyramid Turtle x2
Puppet Plant x2
Flying "C"
Book of Life
Mystical Space Typhoon
Spell Shattering Arrow x2
Light-Imprisoning Mirror x2
Shadow-Imprisoning Mirror x2

It looks good. For me Since Ether and Dark Destroyer and other cards active or must activate their effects when they get dropped I play TrapTrix Traphole Nightmare. I wish the loli traps would get more support.

it was pretty nice learning about Goat Format, I've decided to build some IRL decks on the cheap for dueling other fags that used to play but got out before crazy shit like DAD, Synchros, XYZ, etc

Oh I'm not sad about it being in the thread I'm sad about Konami not telling us about it at all

won't that just let them float into another kozmo monster, given that TTH destroys?

Is ygopro good for playing casuals?

I'm worried everyone hanging out in open lobbies is some sort of syncro summoning kozmo farmgirling metafaggot, and the AI has no idea what to do against all the gimicky bullshit I do.

You'll get all kinds. I've seen people playing 60 card shitpiles, fun decent decks, and metacancer.

the EU/US server lobbies usually have less meta decks
the ranked server is majorly meta though

What's better, DN or YGOPro?

Devpro by miles. It's automated so it's impossible for dipshits to misplay and cheat or stall. You can just mute the opponent entirely and nothing of value is lost.

is it compatible with older formats and mechanics?

it has some of the old banlists or no banlist at all
it also has anime cards, speed duels

You can choose the banlist if you want when hosting and has all of the up to date mechanics.

can I play with priority, only 1 Field Spell in play at a time, and certain cards pre-errata?
Thinking of Ring of Destruction and Sinister Serpent and their importance in Goats

With questions that specific, I have the feeling you know exactly what the answer is.

huh, not sure about the field spells, i haven't tried
you can still used banned cards since you can choose which banlist to use

so, no?

True. Try this instead.