HAHAHAHAHAAHHA

HAHAHAHAHAAHHA

THEY THOUGHT WE'D STILL BE USING FUCKING CATHODE RAY TVS AND SHITTY COMPUTERS IN 2037?

This game is fucking hilarious! I highly recommend turning the aliens off and laughing your dick off.

In SOMA they're using computers that look like they're from the fucking 70's and it's based in the 22nd century.

I don't think you understand what aesthetic is.

kill yourself you fucking pleb

I'm sure in 50 years people will be laughing at the idea of space marines using bullets and guns instead of telekinetic plasma ray helmets.

Have you ever seen the original alien movie?

This. OP is as anti-aesthetic as they come

Hi, i'm here to review this thread.

We start with a very by the book, average bait, not too obvious, not too obtuse, it's a standard bait.

First response doesn't even understand the bait.

Second response takes the bait.

Third response plays along.

Fourth response is unrelated conversational nothingness.

Fifth response took the bait.

Sixth response also took the bait.

Overall i rate this thread a 4 out of 10.

I guess I'm taking this bait too huh :^)

Interesting.
I look forward to seeing more thread reviews.

Holy shit you dumbass I fully respect retro futurism, it's jsut a little absurd when you have this hindsight is all.

Just because I like the way it looks doesnt mean I cant laugh at it. Christ get that stick out of your ass fag

Weenus beenus xD

yes I have seen it. I loved it, it's still funny how they thought we'd use CRTs because Alien is very inline with 70s futurism

Seventh reponse was posted before you could respond to it.

Eight response is autistic as fuck, guess whose it is.

Ninth response called you out on not saging despite giving the 4 out of 10

Tenth response is a silly reaction image which I'm going to save to my hard drive to one day post myself

Eleventh response like your review and got a nice set of dubs to go with it

Twelfth response is mad as fuck

Thirteenth response is just stupid

Fourteenth response is trying to be clever and witty but is actually fucking stupid

I think you need to calm down.

It's NTR isn't it?

The glory of Formicapunk, where 2 inches floppy discs can contain IA.exe or a copy of your deceased brother's brain.

Alien Isolation looked so good, so much work put into it and world building, just to be fucked over by shitty gameplay and repetitive story.

Probably. It wouldn't surprise me if they were fucking Sakura.

No, I don't think so. I think they were fucking Shirou?

The only reason we're not using CRTs now is because of patent trolling.

Can't believe you managed to get so many replies, OP. Good job.

to be fair about half of them are talking about some hentai

It's tagged as it on sadpanda but it doesn't really read like it since there's basically no attention paid to the men in it at all.

Are they? I mean, I guess that would make more sense since technically that happens in the Fate route.

You have a point.

why do you think im baiting. I'm just saying it was a bit silly of them back then to think we'd be using CRTs now

The NTR tag can be dubious sometimes.
One of the best faps I had was tagged as NTR, and some dude's yandere best friend broke into his house to rape him the day after he got married. I think they ended up fucking in a cupboard.
It was great, but the second I see an old man, I'm out.

Nigga Nigga Nigga Nigga Nigga Nigga
You're the real Niggas
You're the real Niggas

Also, nice bait, OP

it's not retro-futurism you moron, it's the movie's setting.

alien had a brutalist industrial future setting, most scifi movies of the time had gay hologram future. the kind of thing faggots like you throw in a movie because repeating shit that's been in popular science magazines since the 50s is fucking brilliant clairvoyance or something.

Link it?

I looked it up months ago and didn't save the link but if you search for fate NTR on sadpanda you'll be able to find it from the thumbnail pretty easily.

chimosaku

It is based off of futurism in the 70s. You'll have to stop being a smug shit user.

unistall.exe

Maybe a breakthrough that will allow for cheaper ways to produce high end CRT will be found in the future.

autism

It's supposed to look like the tech from the movie

I know that bro..

You, sir, are a gentleman and a scholar. Thread redeemed.

If only it were that easy.

That looks so much fucking better than CGI it is unbelievable. I miss practical effects so fucking much, goddamn.

Practical effects like that look so much more realistic because they're usually puppets. Puppets controlled by human hands. Which makes them move realistically, because something that is real is moving them.

The fact of the matter is that CGI is cheaper and easier to pull off. Like The Thing (1982) had a $15,000,000 budget, but the guy who designed all the practical effects worked almost non-stop for months. At the end of shooting he was actually admitted to a hospital for severe fatigue. A lot of people aren't willing to exhaust themselves that much for the sake of a movie, and it can be way easier to just use CGI (not to mention cheaper with modern 3D rendering).

It's also Hollywood being lazy. Take a movie series like Transformers. The pacing is awful, the story is retarded, the characters are unlikable, most of the characters are terrible, and the only thing it has going for it is the CGI. Yet it earned $700,000,000. People only give a shit about movies if they're loud, dumb, with pretty CGI. It's the sorry state of the world we live in.

Not bad, I have a concept in my mind but is quite different, I need to write it down one of these days.

then that's not RETRO futurism, now is it? it's just "futurism"

I mean yeah you're right but why do you want to bum everyone out dude, jeez

You don't want glass in a spaceship.

It's not the movement, it's the lighting/shading

mimicing exactly how light and materials work with CG is absurdly difficult, you can mimic movement just fine with mocap but we still have a ways to go before CG can consistently be indistinguishable from the real thing.

He's dead center on the target, that's literally how it is in almost every media form
But some get to live decently with their niche audiences, vidya isn't there yet sadly

post fngy

The tail is CGI.

The problem really isn't as much that it's CGI but how it's used. Back then with the puppets, people used to be much much more careful with framing and cinematography, with cgi the do all kinds of reckless shit like showing clumsy whole shots of the creatures doing complicated acrobatics n shit. Would you do same stuff with puppets, you would end up breaking the immersion because people would recognize that it's a lanky nigerian dude inside the suit.

Though you could also say that CGI has allowed people to become more ambitious. Both techniques have their shortcomings. I am glad for Smaug and James Cameron's Avatarâ„¢, and those would've never been even remotely possible with mechanics.

Then it actualyl might be goodf.

Oh, b.t.w.

Eh, I don't remember it doing much for me. From what I recall it was pretty short and tried to fit too much stuff into the page count.

fngy?

HAHAHAHAHAHA YOU FUCKING RETARDS HUMANITY IS NEVER EVER GETTING OUT OF OUR SOLAR SYSTEM ALIVE MAYBE OUR AI BOTS WILL BUT NOT US FLESH AND BODY HUMANS HAHAHAHA

Fucking hilarious!

They're still in heavy use today in things like medical and space fields so I'm not surprised if we'd still be using them in a few more years, maybe we'd switch to SED by then though.

Stop being such a SJW