Collector/Buyfag Thread: SEGA Edition

Usual thread every so or so weeks. Have you picked anything up recently? Looking to pick anything up?

Anyone seen that Cobra Blackfin shit for Vita? Might finally be able to play downloaded shit, maybe.

Next week, I might pick up a Mega CD Model 1 and a 32X finally just to complete my collection. Model 2 CD doesn't like to work well, and want to play Sonic CD without the game shitting the bed. Any recommendations for either system would be delightful.

Is Stellar Assault any good, or just a meme RARE game to sell for high prices?

Other urls found in this thread:

vsrecommendedgames.wikia.com/wiki/Mega-CD
carpeludum.com/kega-fusion/
pastebin.com/bhk2p6id
brunofreitas.com/node/31
ebay.com/itm/NEW-Never-used-Turbo-Grafx-16-PAL-Console-NOT-FOR-USA-CANADA-DAMAGED-BOX/171787344599?_trksid=p2047675.c100005.m1851
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I'm excited as fuck because my retrogamecave TrioM1CD1 will be coming in the mail on Monday.

Finally I'll be able to power the Tower of Power with one plug.

Just be sure when you get your Model 1 Mega CD that it's got a working belt, maybe even see if you can find someone selling one with a freshly replaced belt. It would suck to buy one and have the drive crap out on you.

First up: there is no copy protection on any version of the Mega CD, so when I suggest rare shit, know that I suggest just burning it.

vsrecommendedgames.wikia.com/wiki/Mega-CD
^this is a pretty good list of solid Sega CD games. Other ones not mentioned on the list that are worth a note are NHL '94 and the very first Fifa game (both of which can be found pretty cheap). It's already on the list but I personally suggest Snatcher, great game.

Why are PAL rips so fucking difficult to find.
Yeah, I'll message sellers to check beforehand. Would like it working so can play all manners of shit on it. Thank you user. Saw that plug mentioned before, seems extremely useful.

Could change BIOS with Everdrive, but can't be fucked.

Better yet added, is the backup memory cart worth getting, or not needed? Only game I've seen it needed for has been Shining Force CD.

at least the CD games run through emulation very well.

It's a shame that Turbo Grafx will probably never get cheap due to how unpopular it was. Still, you might get lucky if you check out yard sales, swap meets/flea markets, and you might even get lucky at an estate sale if the guy was a gamer.

It's sad that I now dream of the day when an old collector dies so I can raid his collection.

I wish some collectorfags would take pictures of their entire collection. It helps motivate me to build mine, by making me feel even more inadequate.

That genesis case looks pretty awesome. I wish there was stuff like that for all consoles. Shame it only holds one controller though.

Sega you say?

You probably found that picture online.

Na dude, they're mine.

Tfw playing sms, genesis, nes and snes emulators on the vita. Comfiest thing to play old games on. Currently going through the Phantasy Star series, playing 2 right now.

Also, cfw when so I can finally play all those vita pantsu quest games? The blackfin thing is pretty lame from what I read.

Are you purposely buying games that will make people the most jealous? I'd make sure you play Snatcher with the Justifier too. That's part of what's stopping me from playing it again. I can't believe it never got a remastered version or something. I loved that fucking game.

Also a bit of an apology. There are some repros in my genesis games. Bare knuckle 3, wily wars, and pulseman. Also the crusader of centy and phantasy star 4 boxes are mock clamshells I made myself cuz they were originally cardboard only.

I'm surprised there are two of us with copies of Snatcher. I mean it makes sense given how much Holla Forums loves Kojima, but still, a bit surprising.

I actually haven't gotten a justifier yet. I've been looking out for one tho. I seem to be unable to get one at a price im happy with. Hopefully I can find one at too many games next month.

Yeah, that thing looks stupid. It does absolutely nothing regarding the lack of homebrew and stuff either.

Oh well that makes me feel better, but I sold my copy of Snatcher like 15 years ago and I want that more than anything else in the pictures.

From what I remember they're pretty nice. Might as well try to grabbing some lightgun games with it too.

Nice collection there. Kinda jealous of that cib paper mario and xenogears. Cool to see another one of pic related.

Cheers on the Euro Shenmue 2 for sure. Best way to play the series really because otherwise you miss out on the transfer (plus fuck the English voice overs).

Actually the Paper Mario is a fun story. I had a loose Paper Mario for years, got a job at Hollywood Video, obviously they went under, and as they were closing the manager let me raid the basement which was FILLED with old complete game boxes. It was a fucking treasure trove.

Honestly looking back on it I wish I had grabbed more, I just snagged the boxes for the games I owned.

I'd suggest everyone get a job a video rental store, but I don't think that's possible any more.

Well, this isn't my entire collection but it is the cream of the crop.
Also, ignore that amiibo you can barely see in one of the pics, i bought that thing at a yard sale for 50 cents.

That's pretty awesome. You could've even sold the ones you didn't want.

I know, looking back on it I'm pissed at myself for not snagging more.

Honestly I can't suggest working at a place as the company running it is going under more if you're just working a shit job. Like honestly, I have an okay job now but when Gamestop starts going under I might snake my way in to a few store closings to see what I can grab. If they give away even half the shit the Hollywood did then it would be quite the haul and most of the time the people running those things are too worried about their future to give a fuck about what is essentially trash they need to clear out. More so if it's a big store that has been used for decades.

Here's my N64 shit, nothing impressive because i sold all the good shit off years ago.

Where i lived N64 games were cheap as fuck, likely because nobody really wanted them. I remember buying 20 games, the console and a full set of controllers from a guy for 50 bucks because the pawn shop was acting like he just dumped a pile of shit on the counter.

Nice Sin & Punishment.

Not a half bad collection at all.

Shamefur, i didn't expect this thread so soon

No pickups lately, at least since Rogue Galaxy a while back. Will be getting Odin Sphere PS3 in a few weeks when it comes out though.

Might go out looking for stuff after dinner though since I've got a bit of credit at a store around here.

I'll see if I have an up-to-date one. If not I'll take one in a bit. Probably going to be the last one for a while since I'm moving in a few weeks and will have to be packing stuff up.

Could be worse. You could have left them on a hard drive that fried itself.

So where are people purchasing those GBA boxes for shelves?

I'm in need of some for my loose GBA and N64 games.

Oh well, otherwise neat.

I recently got my hands on a modded Sega Saturn but I don't really like the Sega Saturn boxes so I'm using DVDs. I'm also doing it for my DC collection. Does it look good? Or "bootlegy"

Definitely look like bootlegs, die hard arcade is missing a bit of the top and bottom parts( part of the UPC is missing)
Also, fuck blockbuster for slapping PROPERTY OF BLOCKBUSTER stickers over everything.

I mainly just repurpose older DS cases I get a hold of occasionally (got a bunch a while back at a yard sale where some kid decided to go the cart only route and his mom was more than happy to get the cases out of their house). I think there was a site mentioned on The Cover Project in the past that stocked custom made DS style cases, with the socket sized to fit not only GBA games, but the larger Game Boy and GBC color games as well. I also expect that they would fit at least some of the oversized GBA carts as well; stuff like Boktai 1 and 2 (I don't think stuff like Wario Ware Twisted would fit though).

Getting the prints done if you don't have a good color printer at home is the hard part though.

Kek. I thought as much, still being able to choose ones cover is pretty dope. The saturn is the tits, a bit pricey to my taste, its price has been spiking for some reason. If only I had friends to play some multitap bomberman…

Was rummaging in my basement and found some old ass dvds which I wasn't using, some of then had the "property of blockbuster" inside the case, as in molded in the case not a sticker. Why are dvd cases so fucking expensive?

Depends on where you get them. I've gotten a few for about $1 each before from a local multimedia store when the copies of games I'd ordered had damaged cases.

Looks fine to me, but as you can see from pic related I like aftermarket cases. Mostly for systems with paper boxes, but Saturn/Sega CD games do really have shit cases and I see nothing wrong with replacing them so long as you're not throwing out an original box. Sure it looks a little bootlegish, but I see no problem with that so long as it's just for you.

The problems start though when you want to fit the manuals, as no way will it fit in the DVD case.

Okay, so, pretty up to date aside from Rogue Galaxy. I'll probably take some new pictures next month once everything's set up at the new place.

It seems like no one collects 360 games huh? I've been grabbing some Japanese games for it, so far I have Magna Carta 2, Project Sylpheed, Enchanted Arms, Onechanbara, The Last Remnant, and Record of Agarest War, but what I really need is Lost Odyssey. i love that game. (Well, and the console.)

Damn, you have a ton of stuff I want. Why do you leave those gamestop pricetag stickers on the spine though?

It certainly looks bootleggy, but way better than no cases at all. It might look better with white cases too, but I'd guess white ones cost more anyway.

Nice, where do you guys put your GBA games though anyway? I have some just kind of sitting in a stack. It's pretty annoying.
(I wonder what happens when you pull the cord too.)

Because the goo gone wrecked one of the covers i tried it on, so fuck it. It might be too late.
I store them in a GBA briefcase made by a company called intec

With the 360, there's just not that much I'm personally interested in for it, beyond Tales of Vesperia (borrowed a friends system to play it and I have the PS3 version as well; reasonably foreigner friendly as far as the gameplay itself goes, but with the fan translation patch now I suppose that's moot), Lost Odyssey, and maybe Bayonetta.

As for Lost Odyssey, i's certainly not all that expensive or hard to find, at last where I live. I see it reasonably often at like $13 complete.

Not sure if it's the same case as I've seen locally, but back in sixth gen/early seventh gen, Gamestop started to put their price tags directly on the cover art, and you really can't get that shit off since their adhesive is utter trash. Part of why I refuse to buy a game I see that's had that happen to it.

The ones that don't have cover printed yet I keep in some little plastic boxes. They hold five per box perfectly, and you can get them for $1 each at Office Max (at least at the size I have).

It just opens the blinds, which I rarely do since it's hot enough here with them shut. Were you expecting a trap door or something?

Other than multiplats and Halo 3 are there really any good exclusives for it? I've heard Lost Odessey is pretty good but I've heard its also slow as fuck. Irritatingly so.

I didn't realize it was on the paper. That's even retarded by gamestop standards. I think I bought a game from them that had that, but the sticker was never removed from it's wax paper shit. They just kinda slipped it in there.

Yeah fucking right, I actually had one of those that I got from goodwill with a DS and stuff in it. The thing was partially broken though so I threw it out. I never thought I'd even see another one. I wonder how popular those things were.

I've seen it cheap too, but never in that great of condition. I might end up just paying more and buying it new, since it was one of my favorite games last gen. I really need to pick up Last Story, but it sounds like I may not enjoy that quite as much. Some people didn't like LO though either, so maybe I'll love it?

I didn't even realize that was a thing. Why the fuck would they even do that? I wouldn't buy a game like that either.

Depending how they look that sounds like it might be nice.

Aww damn, yeah, I thought maybe when you pulled it the grandfather clock moved allowing for an easy escape. You should try to set your house up more like the castle in Deception IV or something.

A lot of them only came out in Japan, but even if you only like western games there's like Crackdown and Forza and all that AAA type shit.

I have too many genesis games without the box.

Where can I get boxes for my games?

If anything it just shows one shouldn't trust review scores.

Asked a former Ganestop employee that works at a really nice independent store about that a while back. The very question pissed him off (not at me, but at how Gamestop did things). I'd thought that maybe the adhesive had been having issues or something at the time, so they'd put it on the cover art behind the plastic so it wouldn't fall off, or something. He told me they wound up being forced to do that simply to artificially devalue the games, as if they had to fuck up the cover art with the sticker to justify dropping the price a few dollars so customers might be more prone to buying it. They stopped after getting a few hundred complains, but the damage was already done to many covers.

They don't look too bad at all like that, and the crates stack up nicely. Doesn't beat having cases with covers, but it's better than leaving them out in the open to get dusty (I only took them out for the photo; you can see the plastic boxes on the smaller shelving unit, by the Vita games).

I've generally heard pretty good things from people about Lost Odyssey, especially the sidestories, or whatever they are. As far as I know it's meant to appeal to classic JRPG fans, which might explain it if people that are only fans of more recent ones dislike it. It also had a good dev team to my knowledge, not just with Mistwalker, but also former Nautilus team members helping out (and Nautilus itself had a number of old Squaresoft devs among them as well).

I just don't understand how people can always give games like that an almost perfect score with a straight face. I wouldn't be surprised if FFXV ends up being an average game, but gets 9.5's because it's Final Fantasy. It almost feels like games are getting scores based on graphics or something, since that's where things like that and Naughty dog games excel.

What the fuck? That seems really weird. I'm not sure why they always treat cases like trash and everything when their whole spiel is "used games are just as good as new ones and are money back guaranteed. You should buy it used and save money. Save even more money with a power up card." You'd think they'd want to lessen the difference not further it.

Oh I see them now. Those actually look handy for things besides games and that sounds pretty cheap. I wonder what they're advertised to be used for if they're selling them at an office supply store.

Yeah, that could be the case. I didn't actually even realize so many people hated turned based games, but like RPGs, until reading comments about FFVII Remake. It's been a really time since I played Lost Odyssey, but I remember enjoying the battles quite a bit. There's an element sort of like Super Mario RPG or something too, where if you hit a button during the right time you do extra damage too, which makes it feel a little less passive. One of my only complaints is probably it running on Unreal 3 and not having the most colorful of graphics. At least the game sort of has a dreary atmosphere and it fits in with the artstyle, so it doesn't feel that out of place. It obviously won't look as visually appealing as it did when it came out though either, but back then the way it flowed right from CG to battle looked pretty amazing. I can't believe I expected XIII to one up it and be an even better game. I bought the fucking thing on release day, all excited, too.

I would very much like to buy a physical copy of the visual novel Wanko to Kurasou, but it's just way too fucking expensive :(

Last time I looked into getting one, I could only find a copy on mandarake for $100+ dollars.

This curious title, aka the best official DBZ fighting game. Only thing better that you'll find is Hyper DBZ, the fan game.

Nintendo really cheaped out using boxes for their games, SEGA Genesis cases are where it's at.

Got to give Sega credit for using actual cases earlier than most. Not sure why Nintendo was so stubborn about cardstock until the Gamecube (and DS as far as their handheld games go).

Get lucky on the ebay, or venders at game conventions. Ask if they have spare boxes and manuals and you can usually get them cheap. I've piecemealed so many games for a fraction of the price of what a complete copy can actually go for. Unfortunately though, genesis is a bit harder to find spare manuals for if you care about them.

Enjoy your godawful budoshit

If you finish them, I'll include them in the OP when threads pop up.

Ebay's alright for boxes, but if can't be bothered and want to do your own, VHS boxes can work.

Viva Pinata can be fun as fuck.

Picked up Stellar Assault for 35 in the end, boxed with manual. Now just need a 32X.

Went looking to see if I could find anything worthwhile at a good price at some stores tonight. Saw a boxed copy of Mana Khemia 2 (with what I assume are all the extras, but it was in a glass display case), which I might have picked up if I didn't already have the game and they weren't asking $50 for it. One store's also had a copy of Ar Nosurge Plus for like a month or so now; even at a "cheap" (compared to what physical Vita copies have been going for) $90 I doubt they're going to find a buyer anytime soon.

Anyone know if Champions of Norrath good? I don't see it around much, but a copy I saw today got me a bit curious about it.

Champions of Norrath is a game you should play with a buddy, but it's a pretty good hack and slash RPG.

Neat, I might keep in mind for the future then. I'd like to be able to co-op stuff more with a friend of mine; how long is it, and what's the replay value like?

Has anyone been able to find SLS USB Saturn Controllers lately?

I'd love to pick one up but most of them are knock-offs or way overpriced when they do show up.

Bump.

Here's today's haul for me.

Got the games at a local used games shop, which had a Buy-2-Get1-Free deal.

(I'm collecting bad games btw, so yes I know these aren't good)

The shirt was just for my hipster faggotry and the Amiibo was on clearance for $7. I don't even have a Wii U or a New 3DS for it. But Nintendo products go up in value over time, so hopefully my $7 will go up to $300 in 20 years. Not that I care to sell it, I just want to get it before it's too fucking expensive.

u trippin?

I was told they were bad. Are they not?

First, want to thank you guys for the nostalgia feels. I have been running Sega ROMs on Gens for more than a decade. Out of all the Genesis games I played, only two stuck with me over the past 25 years, and they are Buck Rogers: Countdown to Doomsday and AD&D Warriors of the Eternal Sun. Since I beat the games long ago, I like having organic Game Genie support and using GenEdit to tweak my saves. I can't see myself buying a Genesis, but if they ever came out with a retro console with a majority of the ROM's stored onboard, and the ability to port third party ROMs into the system, I would consider picking one up. Kudos to you guys for keeping your cartridge stash intact.

Blinx is a novelty platformer but no way near "bad", i enjoyed it back in the day a lot. Don't touch 2 if you dont know about it, thou
Ballz 3D is a meme game these days but it tried something different, it's bullshit hard for the most part but features one of the best main themes i tell you hwat, not that bad for modern standards
The prices seem a little higher i have to say

I wish anywhere around me actually had something like that; last place that did was a Play'n'trade that went under a few years ago and is now a dry cleaners. And the one place that does has it as a constant one for sixth gen games, only they ask so much individually you might as well still be paying the full price on three games.

Since you've been emulating Genesis games a lot, any chance you've given a game called Barver Battle Saga a go? It's apparently a bootleg Chinese developed eastern RPG or something that got fan translated; wondered before how it is but I kind of doubt many people have played it, between the fact it's not exactly a legitimately released game and had to be fan translated.

Get a Gen with an Everdrive. Win win.

So my cable arrived and my Tower of Power is finally fully activated. I've been checking out 32x games and actually some of them really aren't half bad. Specifically I was just playing Shadow Squadron and that shit was blowing my mind.

Now that I have this thing hooked up I feel an urge to play one of the awful 32xCD games. I know they're all FMV games, but I still just need to check at least one out.

So, which 32xCD game should I check out?
Which is the best of the worst?

Nigger that shit is the ZSNES of the Genesis emulators.

Use Fusion.

carpeludum.com/kega-fusion/

Continued working on my bootleggy collection. Theres still a handful, 20 or so, which I haven't found good scans for.

Do you have a printer set up at home to print, or did you find some place that doesn't care what you print? Because most places where I live refuse to print stuff like that, on the idea they might be aiding people in making and selling bootlegs of copyrighted material.

I just walked in to my local OfficeMax and printed them. I mean, if I was printing 100 copies of Crazy Taxi I would see why they would believe that, but they didn't even bat an eye.

How much would an Asscreed 3 steelbook case sell for? I regret preording the game during my normalfag years, and I want to know if there's a profit to be made.

Like shit, they overproduce those things, unlike a normal LE, so don't expect anything.

Fuck I loved those games as a kid

So I'm guessing my Mafia 2 LE is pretty worthless also

Amiibos are worthless mate and will be for a very long time

Interesting. The local Kinkos (which I suppose is now a Fedex center) absolutely refused to do so in the past, even when I brought a GBA cart and a spare DS case as an example of what I was going for. I might have to give OfficeMax a try for that in the future; they seem to be be losing business to Staples here, so maybe they'd be desperate for business even in cases like that.

Can't say for sure because there isn't really any copies up for sale anywhere, but since it's not a yearly franchise there could be a chance it's worth something

That Xbox collection is looking spiffy user.

Die Hard & few others that were printed too big for the cases look bad user. Get those reprinted because the other Saturn covers look good.

To the anons who have considered/want to do trading, has anyone drafted up a guide or similar items? I ask so it can be included in thread OPs when they pop up.

i-i left the draft on the other c-computer
I can re-write it with what i remember, it was not dense but i had trouble with the troubleshooting guide
That's the guide we would have to follow if we find a joker who tried to scam somebody, or simply a misguided user

That alone would make more than half of the guide, or force us to have a broker for all transactions, something bizarre for this kind of situation (trade post in an anonmoose community)

It'd be handy, and since a few want to try the concept, it's worth drawing up.

Did you just leave that computer elsewhere or did it break or something (in the case of the latter, that's why I keep my shit on an external drive, though having it on both an external and the computer itself is useful in case one shits itself)? Regardless, if you can provide the text, depending on how big it gets, I can either put together an image or a PDF of it or something.

Got it

Cousin distant house with one of my PC's
Might as well go for it if i find out he's there, he's using it for work but i can pick the .txt anyways

Still, the troubleshooting guide doesn't seem very alive, we might need some suggestions/notes on what situations could happen, while some of us (or me) write the possible solutions for them
But i'm still troubled about the central figure that will fix these situations, it might be all of us, or 3, or just one.

You could always just have him zip the file and email it, or something.

Went looking for used vidya after lunch. For any other anons living in central AZ, the Half Price Books in Mesa has complete copies of Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess and .hack//G.U. Volume 1: Rebirth for $25 and $30 respectively (about half or so of what they normally go for). I'd have grabbed them if I didn't already have copies of each myself, but figured I might be able to pass the potential for savings on to another user that might live around there.

Odd store, that one. Occasionally you can find pretty good deals (besides those two games, I've gotten Radiata Stories and Wild Arms 4 from them for $10 and $15 respectively), but other games they ask ridiculous prices for (they currently have Resident Evil 0 for the Gamecube priced at $40 used; goes for about $10-15 or so elsewhere from what I've seen).

Managed to pick up 21 Game Gear games, Crazy Taxi and another copy of Chu Chu Rocket for Dreamcast, and another Dreamcast controller.

Also picked up a fat PS2 because my slims laser has gone.

Should I be worried about this, Holla Forums?

bump

Go into any place with tons of sports games (retro stores, Goodwill, flea markets, etc.) mostly likely they've been sitting there forever & they probably paid a few cents or nothing for them anyway. Then tell them you'll buy all of them for $1-$2 each. When you buy them though make sure to grab ones that have the slot for regular sized games, so avoid most of the EA games, they tend to be oversized & square.

Afterward print your repro covers & see them sitting beautifully on your shelf.

Managed to pick up Super Mario Kart and Street Fighter 2 for SNES, 20 each. Seemed alright.

Also managed to get a few Xbox games and Drakengard for PS2.

He's a kid, somewhat faggy but at least knows how to do some stuff, certainly not zip a file the little midget
Still i rewrote it with some old notes i had, apologies for the wait and for not going and retrieving them files

Here's the pastebin, site fucked up the format (and my wrongdoing) so beware of pasting it in a normal notepad
>pastebin.com/bhk2p6id
Obviously open to discussion and modifications, some stuff at the end is unfinished
Hope it helps the cause

Nah, just the connectors getting old and maybe a bit dirty. You can try cleaning them but that can be tricky without the right tool.

I wouldn't worry too much though.

get a hard drive and softmod that bitch. You'll never have to worry about a laser (or buying games) ever again.

Considering a HDD, since burning discs after patching is becoming tedious.

I seen some claims that some portable USB HDD work with the slim , but you still get the shitty loading speeds then again i don't know if there is a real improvement in speed vs flash drives, given the ps2 USB port is 1.1

I had some wet dreams where someone hacked the firmware to put USB3 support on it.

It's a crime that the slim can't get an HDD. I've heard so-so things about streaming games to the slim via the Network Adapter but sadly that's really the best it can do.

Still I keep one since I modded it to swap discs before I even knew the fat could take a HDD.

It's pretty worth it. I mean it's a bitch taking the drive out and hooking it up to your PC, but really not any more than burning a disc.

Also it's worth noting that it can reduce load times. I played Yakuza 2 on my HDD recently and I noticed a sharp drop it load times, which is nice as that game is a little heavy on them.

Yeah because getting a tap into all their life is some real skill
Yeah it's real trash alright

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Nintendo 64 memory packs are suicide, the official ones are the only i can remember you can trust
Still someone should invent a way to transfer stuff to the PC, Dreamcast had a way

Speaking of ability to transfer saves, didn't the old model (fully backwards compatible) PS3s use a USB adaptor or something to let you copy save data from your old PS2 memory cards to the PS3 memory? Is it possible to copy PS2 saves to a PC like that as well or something?

Oh shit, didn't know that about da tripple
AFAIK yes, you can save saves from PS2 to PC, but only as data, you can't use them in emulators (i may be wrong, havent touched PS2X in years)
But you can preserve them as backup, because the PS2 never had proper memory cards for its vast backlog, 16MB is bullshit
Xbox had a way too due to its defacto PC nature, you can transfer it to USB if you had a converter or directly with the cable connected to your PC
Gamecube had a Gameshark memory card which used an exit port with a cable to backup data to PC
Dreamcast had that expensive memory with a printer cable exit port, but it worked well
I think i heard someone said the Saturn had something similar with those 3rd party cartridges for RAM expansion as well as region jumper

The one guy who starts selling shit to backup saves to a PC will win a lot of dough, Nintendo 64 and Playstation need some desperetly, Genesis and Super Nintendo i dont think it can be done unless with a bizarre Game Genie-like adapter

Isn't that expensive? or is it cheap because i found some in almost mint for mere bucks, but i think they got dusted off badly

You mean 8MB, if at least looking at it on a "per card" level. I know there's bigger third party cards out there, but I've heard the quality is iffy and they tend to corrupt easily. Bit odd Sony only ever had one official size for the PS2 (and PS1 as well; if memory serves those were 1 MB total and could fit a maximum of 12 or 15 files, or something), while Nintendo had multiple ones of different block amounts for the Gamecube.

And yeah, when my friend got his fat PS3, I went to give him a few spare memory cards only to find there wasn't a direct memory card slot on the thing. Bit of research showed there was an adaptor accessory that could be used to copy them over.

Yes, i didn't know even the 16mb black ones were 3rd party
I guess Sony wanted to jew it like the Vita memory card
Nintendo did release a bunch but they jewed it out too, they had 1000+ blocks tech since 2001 and waited everyone to gobble the first one and the black one.
At least the cube had neat 3rd party cards that worked legit, i have the Gameshark one and it's a charm, it's also a 1000+ (8mb)
I heard there was a 64mb one but i dont know if it is good

Waiting for my game packages to arrive. Knocked out some big hitters on the Sega CD & Saturn. Plan to pick up 3 additional shelves to show off the game collection properly. Here are a few quick pick ups from Friday that I got from Goodwill. Only keeping the 4 games on the left. These doubles will be recollects.

I meant recoupers. Spent 26 bucks, not too bad. I'm bundling the doubles with consoles.

I'm surprised your goodwill has anything but movie games and sports. Though that's still a lot of sports titles, if more of the "extreme" variety.

My Goodwill is actually not too bad. There's usually a nice variety of games to pick from. The truck didn't really have much this week but I have a good number of PS1 games already so I can't really complain. I also like Arcadie sports games so I didn't mind paying 3 bucks a piece for them.

Kind of hype to play Snocross & the Natsume Wake Boarding game.

My local ones are awful. Same with the pawn shops and Savers. Makes me come to a possibility of three conclusions:
Also hear they have some big electronics/media branch on the east coast that they shipped a lot of their good stuff to a while back to sell at full price.

Thankfully as hit or miss as the local multimedia places are, I can still find some worthwhile stuff occasionally. Debating about picking up a copy of Growlanser Generations from one. At $30, it's not the best price, but considering it's a bundle of two games, $15 per game doesn't sound real bad.

I have personally known people who take rounds at every Goodwill/Red Cross/Dump Shop every 3 days, they dont care about gas prices, they are fueled by some bizarre fetish from scalping people
We are not dealing with retro fad gamers, nor kids who saw some charts or an educated collector, we are dealing with beasts

You can transfer saves between PS2 and PS3 with the right tools. You can use the memcard adapter on PS3, but it's expensive and it just saves you some steps.

If you have a softmodded PS2 you can run uLaunchELF to take care of the PS2 side, and on the PC there's software like MyMC which can let you make virtual MCs for the PS3. You can put the virtual memcard files in the right place on a USB drive and the PS3 will read them just fine (you have to transfer them to the internal HDD in order to use them for your PS2 on PS3 games though)

As for Genesis or SNES games, I remember that there is a particular cart dumper that can do SRAM backups. It's the Retrode, but it's quite expensive.
Check out this home project for an Arduino based cart reader: brunofreitas.com/node/31
Seems basic, but it could be modded to read/write SRAM too. Might be an interesting project to manufacture, indeed.

I know what that's like; dad used to do that sort of stuff, bragging about games he'd found and how much he was going to be making in profit. Think he eventually stopped that upon deciding there wasn't enough money to be had compared to reselling textbooks and the like since he could find those more regularly and at cheaper pick up prices.

But yeah, I don't bother with Goodwill and the like because they have pretty much nothing at all worth grabbing. Oddly enough, while the multimedia stores seem to cater to fedora wearing customers and stock licensed "nerd" merchandise, I never see a huge amount of people in the games section at the local one, and I never really see anyone checking prices on their phones or anything either, so I don't think there's competition from reselling scalpers either (aside from the store itself, which runs the gamete from "asks anywhere from 1/2 to 1/6 the usual price" to "asks two or three times what other places want" in prices). If I'm active in checking back in, I can usually find a really good deal on something I've been meaning to look into every month or two (sometimes on a really good trip, 2-3 nice games at once).

Managed to get a brand new copy of Sonic Spinball, Super Scope cart with manual, another SNES controller and Terminator 2 for ZX Spectrum. Good day so far.

been workin on my ps360 collection lately, 360 is almost done last game I want to pick up is lost odyssey been tryin to find it in town rather than buy it online but I'm not havin any luck
here's what I picked up over the past couple weeks total price was $95 canadian

Bringing pic related up just noticed these are going for $100 on eBay. It was discontinued at the time for being too sexy or violent or something which is why I made sure to keep my copy.

Anyhoo, fun little game.

SNAP FF13 IN HALF and pick up ff13-2 it has a 5 min recap video at the start of the game so you are not forced to play that shit

Might be wrong, but doesn't White Knight Chronicles II come with an improved version of the first game bundled with it anyhow? Not much point in grabbing the actual first game (and since, as far as I'm aware, the servers for both games are shut down, I'm not sure how much merit there is in playing either at this point; not sure how heavy the online content was to the actual games).

Much as I despise Gamestop, they do at least have a working locator on their website that can help you track down what stores near you might potentially have games. Give that a try if you're desperate. But where I live, Lost Odyssey is all over the place.

Also, since you seem to enjoy JRPGs, consider the Tales games if those are your thing. Both Xillia games are pretty cheap due to large print runs, but Vesperia 360 and Graces f were a tad pricy in comparison last I saw them. Of course, if you have a PS3 model with CFW, there's not much reason for getting the 360 version; PS3 one's fan translated and has a lot of tweaks and extra content.

lol I actually started playing ff13 the other day, I'm about 3 hours in and I'm not really diggin it so far

yeah I only picked up white knight cuz FUCKING EBgames had a sale and it was cheaper to buy two games instead of one and I had picked through all the other jrpgs they had there

While not rare, at least around my parts, I use this as a daily carry bag.

a good way to back them up would be to use uELF Launcher and copy the save data to a usb device from your memory card slots.

Using the tools in the pic and ULaunchElf you can pretty much convert all kind of PS2 save files or emulator saves to real PS2 saves into the memory card, and even transfer PS3 virtual PS2 saves to a real PS2
You need a modded / softmodded PS2 or a cheat disc or Swap Magic to make this work
I once managed to launch elf files without the use of the above discs , but the knowledge of how i did it has pretty much vanished from my mind.

you need to have the applications launched from a PS2 hard drive. If your PS2 isn't on Browser 2.0, and with a memory card or hard drive loaded with the applications, you can't launch them.

you mean the elf files? I have only used USB thumbsticks cause i got a slim.

the game opens up some what in chapter 11 i think that maybe 20 or 30 hours in.

FF13 -2 is so much better because it doesn't take its self seriously and you are free to go where ever you want at about hour 4

And you're NEVER going to, FF13 actively resents you for trying to have any kind of agency, even when the game "opens up" it's to one of the most laziest maps and when you're done with that you just go back to the hallways until you beat the game. In other words if you want a 60 hour walking simulator, than this is for you.

Also, don't listen to faggots like avoid the other FF13s, they're better than the first one, but that's not saying much at all.

13- 3 is dog shit.

What's the difference between the CD 32X version and the regular one?

Still not sure why Square thought the world needed not one, not two, but three games about Lightning and FFXIII. Aside from reuse of existing stuff for easy money.

Just out of curiosity, when did most of us start collecting?
I started very recently but i keep seeing people who begun not very far

All my life, probably, even when i was 5 i was going to yard sales, video stores, pawn shops and flea markets as much as i could to buy games, though once i started using ebay in 09 my collection REALLY got a kick in the ass.

Maybe five or so years back (stuff's here ; feel like I've done pretty decent so far, especially as far as being patient and waiting until I can find things somewhat cheaply, if not downright bargains in some cases). I didn't have much in the way of access to spending money before that, so what I did have prior was stuff I didn't feel there was much risk in picking up (so pretty much just Pokemon until that point). Really took a mix of being able to borrow some games from a friend, as well as spending more time on Holla Forums, to start branching out from that.

Do wish I'd been able to start on things sooner. Parents didn't really like me playing games anyhow though. Mostly just built shit out of Lego and read books when i was young.

>see Mario Party 3, going for $59.99
There was a sign that said that you could trade in stuff, but I'm assuming it goes toward store credit. What should I do?

Why didn't they have a price tag visible? Seems like it would be an annoyance to have to be asked how much something goes for every time.

Xenoblade Wii's probably going to be the same as what Gamestop's asking, considering the store is going to want to scalp it, but if they ask more than Gamestop chances are people will go elsewhere to buy it. Of course, that hasn't stopped Gamestop from trying to scalp the game in the past themselves when they got the reprint in stock. Though they've since lowered the price; not entirely sure what the game's at now.

I will say this though. I got my copy for $50 about a month after release and got my money's worth with it. Not sure I could say the same if I'd waited until it started going for $100+ (prior to the reprint).

It SHOULD be around 40-50 bucks for a complete copy, and it used to be much cheaper. There was a massive reprint recently in i wanna say the UAE, and those copies are compatible with american wiis

Well, pick a bunch of bargain deals IF you find them, and then ask for the price
Sometimes that lowers the price considerably, taking into account that when games dont have stickers it's because the clerks toy with the prices depending on who's buying and/or how's the week regarding sales

Man, been in this since early 2013 and skipped almost a year due to money. I saw the used games market due to working on it a couple of times and i deeply regret not taking action way before
And hell have the prices changed

Really seems to depends on the system. Some are still rather cheap to pick shit up for, but others have shot way up between hipsters and/or people that had the games as kids now having the money to rebuy everything, and the resellers who are only too happy to scalp the shit out of older games.

I feel like I was unfortunately way too slow on the uptake for SNES games (hence why I haven't bothered with picking them up), but between the pricing issues and amount of fan-translations the system has seen I feel content to just download those ones.

SNES is really hitting the nostalgiabux hard, gamecube is picking a lot recently too.

I still have about 40 but I had to slow down because it just costs a stupid amount. It's worth it to get an SD2SNES.

Saw that the 6 Pak sega genesis game was on sale for almost $300 on amazon but found it for cheaper with a sega genesis for only $60.

My genesis library is severely lacking right now so I wanted to get that game for something

Then there are systems i'm convinced will NEVER go down, like the turbo grafx because there's such a small supply of games.

Wait, the "6 Pak" is worth something? I got it for free with a console off eBay and assumed they were like SMB/Duckhunt cartridges.

its worthless dude

From the looks of it, no, it was just a really overpriced seller from the looks of it. I can buy a cheap one for $6 on ebay

I'm curious, is the pricing for stuff on the TurboGrafx mainly due to low availability, or has demand also gone up some?

Never look at Amazon's preview prices as a standard of how much something goes for, as usually it's either the "new" price or what Amazon themselves asks. It's how you get preview images of stuff going for $550 when the the cheapest used copies are only about $90. Always check the actual product page.

I at least already had a few Gamecube games knocked out by the time prices started going up (stuff like Eternal Darkness and a dual pack of OOT and Windwaker), but yeah, it's been pretty slow since I generally don't feel like paying the average prices on stuff, barring games I never see for sale anywhere locally if the price isn't completely bonkers (Lost Kingdoms II for example). Much rather have my patience pay off with the occasional cheap find, like Chibi-Robo for $9 complete (was averaging $35 when I got it, now it's up to about $70-90 last I saw).

Gotcha Force never ever though.

I thought nobody wanted it
What do i make with the sealed one i have?
Arizona man, i was almost sure it was your ass

Also TurboGrafix got up mainly due to the recent popularity of the PCEngine by reviewers
It's not a fad but just more interest, nobody thought it existed in America until they found out it was the TB16
Heard from a Vegas vendor that some games in Commiefornia were up to 2000 bucks each

Better colors, resolution, and the 32xCD version uses the six button (though fuck knows for what).

Honestly the game is terrible anyway. All the FMV games are terrible except maybe Wirehead.

That said if you want to do a vidya game best of the worst ala RLM then FMV games are a good place to start.

The Everdrive 64 can transfer n64 saves on to an SD card. Pretty sure you can even use the same saves to play on an emulator, do something in the game, save, and then transfer back and keep going on the hardware.

And just to clarify I do mean from the memory card. I mean of course it can transfer saves it keeps on it's own cart, but it is really handy for memory card based 64 games as well even if you're playing them from the original cart.

Maybe at the time; not sure personally though, since I only got my copy when stores were about to stop stocking for the Gamecube (actually was the first M-rated game I ever got). Eternal Darkness is a horror game, but not exactly "survival horror" (more psychological horror) so I wouldn't be surprised if people expecting a Resident Evil clone or something were turned off. It's got some demand these days, being one of those games that seems to grow in popularity (and price) after it stops being current. Not sure what a sealed one goes for, but where I live used ones are about $40 or so, which is a bit of money but not a truly ridiculous amount. It's not common, but not what I would call rare either. I got mine for $15.

Yeah, had some pretty good finds over the last few years. Game store I really like is apparently looking into opening a location closer to me (or where I'm going to be in a few weeks, anyhow), so hopefully they go through with it. Unfortunate that it still has to be a town over though. No one wants to set up a vidya specializing store in the area I've lived, since Gamestop is so prevalent and have managed to choke out every other place that isn't Walmart or Best Buy, or only has vidya as a small focus (such as the multimedia places I keep finding stuff at).

So, more that the original system wasn't popular, but the next iteration was, and people are now looking back on the original?

Has there been much effort on the fan translation end of things for either system? Been wondering if I'll ever be able to give Tenshi no Uta I and II a go in English, or if it's going to be one of those games you'd have to know Japanese for since either no one's interested in picking it up or there's no real interest (or possible hacking issues) in translating for that system.

Somehow I doubt that. Or at least hope that's wrong because what the fuck, who would pay that? And I thought something like Panzer Dragoon Saga being $350-400 locally was bad as far as pricy older vidya goes.

Little of column B and a whole fucking lot of column A, Turbo Grafx sold like complete ass, and the Turbo CD addon and Turbo Duo did a hell of alot worse, and the market for that shit is completely insane, plus everyone just went for a PCEngine instead, since most of them don't require any knowledge of japanese to pick up and play.

Let me break it down for you:
TG16 console, sans the CD adapter the easiest and cheapest to find console on this list, ~150 bucks online. The early/launch titles are also the cheapest of the bunch, going for about 5-35 with the case, the manual, and the game, though other hucards are 50-whatever the fuck stuff like Magical chase and bonk 3 go for these days, just the cart of magical chase went for 2100 bucks recently, with a complete copy(minus the cardboard box) still up for 5500.

Then there's the Turbo Express, it's to the TG16 what the SEGA Nomad is to the genesis, that's ~350 bucks for a decent working one with new capacitors.

Next's the CD addon, and good luck fucking buying that, especially since it's early CD tech that could blow out any minute, actual games for that(and not edutainment shit like magical Dinosaur tour) are around 40-100+ bucks for a decent copy.

AND THEN there's the Super Super system card/Turbo Duo shit, and at this point(unless the japanese super system card works on american consoles) you're just better off with emulation. Console itself is who the fuck knows, only ones i've seen were asking for around a thousand bucks a pop Most games are anywhere from 50 bucks(and we're talking the most common/unwanted shit like JOHN MADDEN) to hundreds if not thousands of dollars.

Good grief. Yeah, I think I'll stick to emulating that system if I get around to it. Honestly don't know of a huge amount of games for it myself, beyond Bonk, Ys I and II (which have since been ported to/remade for various systems) and Castlevania: Rondo of Blood (which has also been remade for the PSP and has a VC rerelease as well). Also the aforementioned Tenshi no Uta I and II, but those are moon only as of now, and I'm not real sure of how the actual quality of either is (main point of interest was seeing a composer I really like having done the OSTs for both of them and sparking my curiosity).

One plus worth noting about the TurboCD is that you can burn games for it, which I'd suggest as those games are retarded rare.

That said only use high quality media for the health of those ancient lasers. Taiyo Yuden is the shit if you can get it legit.

One thing i should add is don't shy away from turbo CD games if you find them for a decent price, the emulator magic engine runs them like a dream if you have a cd or dvd player.

Oh, also;
There really isn't many, Fan translations are few/far between, especially for the CD stuff(mostly because of all the Japanese dialog, and it's not really feasable to do subs most of the time.) also the NA cd library is ~43 games counting the vanilla and super CD games. Off the top of my head, the decent not ported games are Beyond Shadowgate, Dragon Slayer: the legend of heroes(the only version of the game that's ever been translated), Exile, Cosmic Fantasy 2(though it's a bit obtuse), and Final Lap Twin(A Pole Position RPG)

No, well yeah but:
The first one by NEC was called the PCEngine, for marketing reasons it was called the TurboGrafix16 here in America due to the name of a PC Engine being a desktop PC by the majority of people
Then there was another iteration that was just the TB16 but with graphical modifications, i think it could run CD's as well
Then the next gen came and NEC released the PCEngine FX, but because the TB16 sold less than 25k units they opted to just release in Japan
But it performed poorly and they ended up retiring from the console business as a major player
Still they were taken by Nintendo as an emergency measure to do a top job, a part of the chip that integrated the 3D chip with the entire Nintendo 64 system. It worked well and some of their workers went to work for the N

tl;dr There's 2 machines, the TB16/PCE and its successor, the japanese-exclusive PCEngine FX

No idea brother

Some people paid 1000 bucks for Little Samson, 5000 for that World Championship
2000 for sealed absurdly rare TB16 games that are somewhat decent too doesn't sound that odd, unfortunately

Also d-did you llike the r-rules

Ah. Since I'd seen it called simply the TurboGrafx as well as TurboGrafx 16, I thought maybe they'd had an 8 bit version as well, but I guess both are the same 16 bit one

The pastebin up there? I'll try to get back to you on it tomorrow since it looks like it might take some time to read through (also going to need to do some formatting for it with my text editor to make it a bit more readable). Been having to get started cleaning and packing shit up for next week.

Too bad the six button cord is ridiculously small. Thanks user.

"TurboGrafx" is the stupidly rare European version that just takes american games and outputs them at 50fps.

This one?
I thought it didn't even exist

They exist, and they're not that expensive actually, though that's probably because A. no games were ever really released for it, they just sold people the american games and B. They're made to work on PAL formatted TVs, so the NTSC people who actually got games for the thing can't use this to play them.

ebay.com/itm/NEW-Never-used-Turbo-Grafx-16-PAL-Console-NOT-FOR-USA-CANADA-DAMAGED-BOX/171787344599?_trksid=p2047675.c100005.m1851

Okay, so, looking at the pastebin, I'd first recommend running whatever you write up through a word processor with spelling/grammar checking on. Being able to have stuff spelled right goes a long way.

Anyhow, looking at it, do like how stuff is thought out, but the way it is seems a bit, I don't know, daunting? Mainly the way it's worded. Ideally you want to make it clear how things should work, but at the same time not so clinically written that the reader loses interest, or scares off potential traders (or sellers, if it comes to that) if it comes off as too much of a hassle. I won't say we should just reuse the old half/vr/ image, but if you look at how that was done, it had things written in a way that both made things clear but was also able to keep attention in being concise and through examples. It does strike me that for the "supplier" section, an example screenshot of what a post of that would look like, with a break down beneath it, might be more effective than just text on whatever the finished thing is.

I can try to fiddle with the text some myself and see if I can come up with a better way to word some of it for use as an image or PDF or something if you want.

Oh man, i knew my grammar wasn't the best but not for a program.
Will correct it
Well, grammarocaust aside this was supposed to be the "formal" text, by that i mean the strict, non-mundane rules written as specifically as possible for us to analyse and be OK with it at one point, and the fixed "official" version posted as an "advanced" reference in the form of a pastebin link in a OP
From the approved guidelines the ad image would be made, obviously much more condensed to be "attractive" to the user, but this one was a "beta" if we can say so for the users to check, so i tried to not kid around leaving out details that could be exploited/badly done easily

Yes, the text is just a raw idea, anyone can modify something from it, i did it for us to have a base to stand on

But we still have the little problem of the Troubleshooting/What If guide, i may think of something but i'm not good at that, and we still have to decide who/what will be the neutral party, a user, a group of user, an entity of users
That should be decided by the users themselves, in this case the Collectors threads' interested anons, which i think are 4 or 5 guys, you and me included i guess

Langrisser 2 worth picking up anons? Same goes for Monster World IV repro.

I need to pick some Mega Drive games back up since some faggot years ago sold all the carts I own outside a handful, so any suggestions are appreciated.

Probably no point getting Mega CD stuff when I have no memory card for it.

It's timezones that hurt the concept thus far, so everyone interested can't discuss with everyone due to not being around at the time.

Outside that, a base is a good start.

Just received a few of my packages. Spent $13 on Mortal Kombat & $31 for Bubble Bobble. Going to have a blast playing Bubble Bobble with my Brother later this weekend.