MGSV

Is this game actually fun, or does it simply give the illusion of being fun by giving you all these ways to satisfyingly beat missions?

I've also gotten the impression that this game is really easy and was done so in a way to attract and satisfy casual gamers/normalfags.

I've been going through the main missions and side ops like a breeze. I have played the other MGS games prior to V, and I gotta say, V, as flashy and complex as it tries to look and come off as, is easy as shit when it comes down to the core gameplay.

Is this why this game had mixed reception among fans when it released? If there are other factors, can you guys please list them?

I just finished MGS3 for the first time.

It was far easier than MGS5.

It's a fun game. Like you said it's complex with lots of content and plenty of room for creativity. It is a little easy, but no more easy than the other games in the series if you ask me.
The main reason for its lukewarm reception was that it's only 60% of a story, and most of the missions in the game are repetitive as hell. It would have been damn near perfect if Kojimbles had bothered to finish it.

open world stealth games are easy by design
that doesn't make them not fun, though

Hated by fags who somehow cared about MGS story. Loved by anyone who actually has a taste for gameplay

Except there aren't really any, unless you're calling farcry a stealth game.

it was alright

I've 100%ed the game because I was extremely hyped for it.

the core gameplay is fantastic

but I simply cannot enjoy it because I am ceaselessly infuriated by the stunningly horrible story which I fully expected to be good

I am constantly disappointed by the shitty awful choices made in development. Motherbase is a desolate barren wasteland with robot recruits with 0 personality who stand still forever. Snake is a retard that says fucking nothing and just does what other people tell him without any internal motivation.

most importantly:
the open world raped the game to death.
Ground Zeroes was what got me hyped because of the fantastic level design and extreme difficulty (until you memorized shit) and it gave me the best stealth game experience of my fucking life.
MGSV destroyed it by going open world.

What?
If you feel like you are having fun you are having fun.

but that's the point :^)

The core gameplay is great, it just has a bunch of stupid shit which bog it down. Mainly the fuckhuge world that is completely empty.

No, le me me nu-snake® is literally mentally snake.
He should be AUTISTIC, not retarded. He should be insulting bad guys on their trigger discipline and spending 20 hours a day in the R&D platform explaining to Huey exactly how he wants his balloon replica to look

having an infinite amount of angles to approach problems from, as opposed to a limited amount of angles, diminishes the severity of those problems

how did you not notice that the entire fucking point of the game was that brainwashing works very fucking effectively
i'm honestly impressed that you're that dense, especially when they outright talk about doublethink in the game

Every single side mission boils down to the same thing.

Extract people/objects or destroy them.

No. MGS V was one of the most boring games I played last year.

Good gunplay and responsive controls are nice. But when you have a shitty open world, retarded ai, bad level design, bad boss fights,. That good gunplay and responsive controls are wasted.

It was also easy as shit with reflex mode, and your companions who break the game.

Biggest disappointment of 2015.

nigger you can do that with every video game that has ever existed
name the most complex game you know and i'll trivialize its gameplay elements like you just did

You REALLY need to work on reading comprehension.

It's one of the best games I've ever played.

The gameplay is just 100% on point, you won't get that from many games.

It falls flat in the "2nd" part and the game was only like 70% complete, and thus the ending is shit.

I never tried multiplayer stiff, but at least single player, it's in many ways as close as we've come to a third person Thief. I don't remember the last time since playing Thiefs that I've spent 20 minutes just lying still and planning my route to ghost shit.

It's basically the worst plot and worst characters of the entire 3D series of MGS, but the gameplay is the best. Would recommend to anyone at least as pirate if nothing else.

Why do we keep getting these MGSV threads every now and then? They keep asking the same fucking questions too. Fucking lurk more.

Yeah its absolutely fun. Best controlling third person game in history.

Ha, you're a faggot.

biggest disappointment I've been though, with the possible exception of

of…

Spore

fuck off back to reddit then

Its got fantastic gameplay but I just can't enjoy it due to how blatantly unfinished it is.

I beleive what has partly influenced me into saying that V feels easier than other MGS games such as 3, is the "mission select" system which to me makes the game feel easier as I can play it any pace I choose. That, and those multitude of checkpoints the game has. You can easily restart anything to a few minutes or seconds depending on how short the distance/time between each checkpoint is. You can keep doing that until you perfect whatever it is you are doing.

I have enjoyed playing the game, and I would say it is a fun game. I was just unsure whether the fun originated from factors that did not stay true to the original MGS formula. And by those factors' I am referring to the "casual" and very accessible core gameplay (IMO). Even though I've played all MGS games before V, I got into the series rather quick.

Wow. That is something I hear a lot. That the story is very dissapoiting. That is sad to hear, because I have really enjoyed the cut-scenes in this game so far, and I feel like it's leading up to something big in terms of plot.

Guess not though.

Going on missions with Quiet does make the game really easy most of the time. I enjoy using reflex mode, but I can see how it bring the overall experience down when it comes to difficulty.

Just leave now and complete the game, we'll spoil it otherwise. Not that there's much to spoil at this point.

MGS was never HARD. Even in 1 they give you a second to do something about the guard that sees you, and supplies are all over the fucking place. It's only gotten easier from there because of different design and better controls.

Kaz is Ocelot

shit nigger what are you doing

we're going to alter your expectations and you're going to hate it no matter what

fuck off and play it or else you'll ruin it

No you're lying. How is that even possible?

I know you can faggot, but do all 150+ side missions are about the doing the same shit? There's no variety in MGSV, while in a RPG they can tell you to go kill pidgeons, then go collect herbs, then go mine this shit, then take this to my wife, then go explore some ruins.

At least I'm not groping men and women while slapping a balloon on them during the entire game.

Holla Forums, you just gotta find new ways to hate on things, now do you?
I literally can't think of any more ridiculous things to question.
next time you're going to post a picture of a red square and ask if it's actually red, or just appears to be red by shining high frequency light into your eyes

everyone knows that videogames trick you into having fun using their israeli zionist memes

But Ocelot turns into Liquid, so does that mean Kaz is Liquid as well?

I think what OP was referring to with "the illusion of fun" was the way that games like Call of Duty have cool or exciting things happen in cutscenes or at the press of a button, making you feel like you're having fun with relatively little effort from either party.

I never got this Kazuhira Miller guy.

So he randomly shows up in Peacewalker and all of a sudden he's a big character in V.

Did any of the other games hint or talk about his existence and role in MGS history? Same with Skullface.

In fact, to me all of MGSV seems to have been made up and forcefully inserted into the timeline.

Doesn't help that the tech in V seems to be decades more advanced than what is seen in 1, 2, and 4.

I was tripping when I first encountered the parasite unit. Fucking teleporting all over the place and infecting other soldiers and turning them into their own.

kojima hates us, doesn't he

Did you even play MGS1 or MG2?

Does Master Miller ring any bell or you never played 1?

Shit.

Now I remember. Still, he got a HUGE break in V. Barely even recognized the guy, "Master Miller" was a pretty forgettable character. Was he even mentioned at all in 4?

I never played 4. Pls no bully

I'd say he's no less memorable than the rest of the supporting cast of the games he's in. How many people can honestly say they remember Nastasha?
He has a voice cameo. 4 is the game where the story started going downhill anyway.

The game is a chore to go through.

There are only a very few levels. Very linear levels. A shit ton of cutscenes which make up 50% of the game, and the story left me feeling in a sour mood.

Snake gets treated like shit by everyone, including Otacon. They just seem him as a tool to help stop Ocelot/Liquid. They blatantly shove this in your face plenty of times.

Mei Ling purposely and completely ignored Snake when she briefed everyone on the final mission, and it had been years since she last saw him. Yet she acknowledge otacon and Meryl in a friendly manner. The Kernel also comes off as a complete fucking asshole in EVERY scene. Eating fancy dinners in his nice home and wearing nice clothing RIGHT in front of Snake who is having a heart attack right before he is about to enter a war zone.

but it's a metaphor :^)

Jesus Christ

So, 4 is the FF XIII of the MG series?

Because we wasn't in MGS1 :^)
I agree though that we have no idea where and how the fuck those two met.

( ° ʖ °)

Miller played a pretty big role in Peace Walker, where he and Big Boss shared a steamy bromance on the beaches of Columbia. Not sure if he was introduced in Portable Ops or something earlier.

Holla Forums can be summed up in this one sentence.

Goddammit Japan

Miller was in Metal Gear 2 on MSX.

Then (sorta) back in MGS1. Then he broke out big in Peace Walker.

Peace Walker had a lot more comedy oriented stuff. Like the Date with Kaz part as seen here. Although the date isn't canon.

why must you tell me these things