Sjw team members

Hey Holla Forums, got a bit of a problem I figured I'd ask help for.
So for a while now, a friend of mine from high school have been spit-balling ideas for a comic about super heroes. Light-hearted stuff with a bunch of wacky characters right.
The problem is that in the time it took for us to finally get this shit started, my friend turned into a MASSIVE sjw, I think because of her boyfriend (also on board) who is like a male feminist stereotype. The thing about it is that my friend never talks about it in person as far as I know, but a lot online. They get into dumb fucking facebook politics fights where they call people racists for posting statistics about crime and stuff like that
I don't know what to do. I've put a lot of effort into this thing and I think it would be really fucking gay for me to just pull out now anyway. They are cool people to hangout with you know, but I can already tell that there'll be problems if they can't keep their retarded politics to themselves. We're gonna be lambasted on social media if this shit keeps up
TL;DR: My co-creators are cucks and I don't know if I should jump ship or hope it works out
What do y'all think?

Have you confronted them about their shit-flinging?

There is realistically nothing that can be done if everyone on your team acts like that. Sorry.

Jump ship. Literally easiest fucking choice ever.

Yeah, a bit. But it wasn't in the context of this comic, just their lives in general. We don't have anything substantial to show so I haven't brought it up.

Try to going on Facebook yourself and play PR. Level with people, assure them that the other members aren't speaking for everyone on the team. If need be, jump into their stupid arguments and defend any fans they're insulting. If I was on a team and I had SJW workmates trying to ruin everything, I'd want to make it clear to potential readers that there's at least one person there that isn't completely insane.

Also, I wouldn't try jumping ship just yet. I mean, from what you've posted, these guys haven't let their cuckery leak into the comic themselves yet, right? You're in a position that you can stop them from going unchecked and inserting Marvel-tier tumblr pandering bullshit into the project. If they start going behind your back though, that's when it might be time to bail.

Whatever you do, do not let SJWism go through without a fight. We've all seen where it ends but you're in a position to stop the cancer before it metastases.

If you let politics get in the way of your vision and your friendships, then it is you who is the cuck.

And you will remain a cuck for the rest of your life.

A sticky situation regardless. My only advise is to highly critical of the material that finds its way into your work, both from you and your friend. Question everything in an analytical way, and dont let a good idea go unchallenged. It is how you improve as an artist/writer and how you prevent stupid shit from working its way into the cracks.

If it takes a turn for the worse, don't be afraid to speak up. You are in a business venture with these people, you have invested time. Make sure they act professional.

If it ain't splashing on you, then ignore it.

Rape her boyfriend and assert your dominance. Sounds like this chick is just an empty shell and you just need to fill her head with less retarded ideas.

Sabotage their story and make their characters over-exaggerated parodies of SJW superheroes. Give them contradictory and dumb motivations in a subtle way. Have a fat gay hiv+ infected superhero who calls people homophobic bigots for not having sex with him.

Basically these are okay ideas to follow though alternatively if you end up really feeling like you can't work with them then maybe try to find other people who would want to focus on just making fun light-hearted cape stuff and try from there.B

fuck your friend in the ass

If the issues are addressed in the comics, just take the Peter David route of making both sides sympathetic, and not demonising them or making them strawmen.

Have you and your friends actually gotten anything done, like designs, a synopsis, a script? Not that you need to show us, but it sounds like you're worried about other shit when you haven't even gotten past the "idea guy" phase. The most you can do is politely keep your friends on point, which means occasionally swatting down ideas you feel might hurt your vision for the comic. Maybe explain to them why getting into Facebook fights isn't constructive.

Marvel will hire them in no time

If you are still invested in the project and their sperging is not directed at you or doesn't generally get in the way, keep working with them. Worst case scenario, this will serve as a practice in doing the actual work and on dealing with difficult co-creators.

Some people have a tendency of becoming a caricatures of themselves on social media. Telling them to refrain from social media shitstorms, or they might eventually become like that horrible couple running Amy's Bakery, might be also something to consider. In general, if you want to keep social media attention contained, just use aliases if you don't already. ANd for the good of the project, don't talk politics on accounts associated with the project.

Still, I would not get invested in the project too much and dump all you creative load into it, unless you really trust them and know that they are reliable and honorable. You can also start your own side-project on the side so you have something to fall back on if things go sour.
If you are an artist, finding another writefag to work with will not be too difficult, but finding a good one might be quite a journey. If you are a writefag, you can just hire someone to draw.
Take my advice with a grain of salt. I am obsessed with self-reliance and don't trust anyone when it comes to creative endeavors.

Jump. I went through almost the exact same thing, odds are the comic is going to crash and burn due to the SJWs self destructive nature anyway, do yourself a favor and simply abandon ship, take your ideas with you, and find an alternative solution.

Personal beliefs shouldn`t get in the way of your work, if they can`t accomplish that be the bigger men and keep your politics to yourself.

Why the hell didn't you fuck her before he got in? Women follow their man's lead, you could have avoided this entire shitfest in the first place.

Yeah, get ready for a sizable chuck of those characters to be gay trans queer hijab wearing wymyn of color. I'm sure they'll get into some wacky adventures where they beat up villains who are totally not strawmen stand-ins for their ideological opponents.

People say to separate the art from the artist, but when it comes to SJW artists they are unable to separate themselves from their art. Like facebook, they view their work as yet another medium for their 100% correct opinions to be broadcasted on.

It's always sad to lose a friend to the kool-aid OP, but someone whose mind has been warped by SJW ideology is simply not the same person anymore. She will taint your work with her opinions. It may not even be her idea initially, it might be at the behest of her boyfriend. He may wait until your comic has picked up some measure of renown before telling her "You know, that comic of yours is a little problematic…"

Find another person to work on the comic with or do it yourself. It will be better off that way.

We're actually pretty far along. I think the first issue will be out around mid-December. That's more of why I'm worried, since I think a big part of us getting a fanbase will involve us NOT being autistic

I'm pretty invested. Ideally I'll be in charge of our social media accounts, twitter or whatever.

It's not that their politics bother me, it's that I don't want to drive fans away with their political talk

Luckily I don't think it'll ever get that bad. I've been pretty aggressive about creative control so unless I get replaced by an ultra-cuck somehow that kind of shit won't see the light of day

In that case, make yourself invaluable.

Dime-a-dozen stuff, son. I'm falling asleep just reading that.

I don't think there's any issue in jumping ship, unless I'm missing something and your idea is actually REALLY good.

What's the name of this comic, if you don't mind me asking?

This is how highschool friendships die OP. Embrace it!

Overpowered
I'll probably post Read: Shilling it on here when I can to get impressions. I'll try not to be a faggot about it though. It'll be free on Tapas and some other sites otherwise

Speaking from experience, OP, if you don't want to kill yourself you are going to want to kill them.

I had a long time buddy in uni who was an /a/non for years. Between junior and senior year, he went full tranny socjus and caused our game development project to turn from a senior project into a shit show. Months of work were thrown around and out for flavor of the week tranny issues and 2deep tumblrshit. If I had not attached myself to him for senior project, the friendship would have been over. He was a completely different person from before.

Jump ship, or your own work is going to be tainted.

I'm a pessimist, but I have two cents.
If you do go through with it, I think you have to, in some part, also consider it an attempt at intervention or community outreach. The mind virus will creep in, eventually, despite any promises. It will seep into the comic, and you will have to deal with it. They will go behind your back. There will be drama about it.
If you are successfull, they will seek to overthrow you, and if you are not, they will blame you for their faliure, and attempt to replace you. Either way, they will eventually fuck with you. You cannot give them an inch, compromise is how the virus spreads. You have to be stern, and you have to be stern, every time you interact with them, possibly for a long time.
Either you work with these people, and accept that you also have to teach two people to grow up, or you find someone else to work with. You cannot allow youself to ignore this aspect of people you are going to have a professional relationship with, since it is a bulletproof indicator for childish and unprofessional people.
Unless you want to waste a lot of time and money.

finishing thoughts
I think the only way this works, is if you stop thinking about them as "friends" and "cool people to hang out with", and begin thinking about them as employees. Otherwise you are setting yourself up for failure.
I just read the OP text a second time, and was struck by your wording.
If you have to hope, you dont have a plan of action. If you dont plan, you have lost already. Hoping (without planning) is the behavioral equivalent to giving up.
And dont underestimate the weight of your decisions here. dont underplay the arguments to yourself. dont "weeell, they might change, I might be wrong", dont goosestep around anyones feelings, and dont make excuses for them. god knows this is one thing sjws do enough of themselves.
this is extremely important for your life, and the people around you, hopefully for a long ass time. Take it as seriously as it deserves. And good luck!

Your work will suffer when you know yourself that their personal politics will jeopardise what you want to make. You only get one chance to make a product, never forget that.

Your project is dead in the water for quality and if you try to push it anyway you're alienate everyone that could have been YOUR fan

Your friends WILL post on social media about their beliefs
Your friends WILL inject their ideologies into the project
This and more WILL drive fans away

If you're still struggling here. Are they cramming their politics into your story? No? Then stick with the project. So long as it's something people can enjoy regardless of their affiliation, you shouldn't feel ashamed. Real friends disagree all the time - your friend may be an SJW, but that doesn't make her entirely rotten.

This too. Playing PR would be healthy. If you're pressured on it, try saying you just want people to get along. Comics can be something everyone can bond over, regardless of their opinions.

This. I fucking loved Gravity Falls but Alex Hirsch just couldn't keep his yap shut about his shitty liberal politics, so now I'm all done with that franchise and anything else he'll come up with in the future. I'm not going to give money and time to people who literally think I'm evil if I don't see the world like they do. Every comic and animation creator that has a Twitter account uses it to attack the usual list of "enemies": Republicans, Americans, men, whites, Christians, heterosexuals. It's tired and I'm tired of it. These people don't keep their opinions to themselves so they won't alienate people; they're so pious that they WANT to create that conflict. Ideology trumps profits in media now.

Smash that eject button with extreme prejudice. At best you're looking at a lot of fights over creative differences, at worst they'll stab you in the back and warp your creations into Marxist mutants. Once they reach this stage all they want is to use stories as propaganda, you're better off cutting your loses.

most of what I'd have to say has been said already by most everyone in this thread. play PR if they attack fans, try to quarantine their SJW bullshit to social media and confront them if they try to inject their shitty politics into the comic, rein that shit in as much as possible as it happens if it happens at all.

If they become out of control drama whores and try to take over the project completely to turn it into a political mouthpiece for their bullshit, kick 'em off the project and get a new team.

Satan's right, I'm a writefag and poorfag, so since I can't hire a drawfag I have to learn to draw myself.
Every little progress feels good. I practice one hour a day and try to force myself to write or proofread a script.

As if profits were any better. You can thank the propogation of MBAs for ruining one of the only chances traditional Western animation had at proving itself as an artform, alongside pretty much any industry that runs on actual skill.

Maschienenbau und Bahnbedarf AG?

Richard Williams was an insane perfectionist. He wasn't making a movie for anybody else but himself. Hes a brilliant (Like super-genius levels) animator no doubt, but he was given EVERY chance and he BEGGED for funding, and he was given a very realistic logical contract. And when he failed to meet it, they took over like they said they would.

MAKEAMERICAJACKDAGAIN

So, I don't know if OP is a writefag or an drawfag but I have questions about both things.
1) If you're a drawfag then pic related.
I think that's a great guide on time organizing but I haven't been able to start it I still try to draw and practice everyday because there isn't a list on exercises to practice on. I could draw lines all day as exercise to the first level but how do I know those are the right lines? Not how but WHAT should I practice.
2) If you're a writefag.
How should I keep my notes, I like to add all the stuff to the action line to give it more flavor and not make it too boring to read or energy lacking, but sometimes it can be a clusterfuck.

Also, sorry for the shit drawings, I'm still learning and STEM college kept me from training for a month.

Give your friends a tough love talk about how they are letting their politics damage their work, both the product and its reception - even if they haven't actually fucked up in the production. They need to completely associate their predisposition towards political arguing and fan-bashing as self-destruction. If they do not see themselves as a liability and the problem, they are hopeless.

Hard mode: Set them up for disaster.

Sabotage something directly related to their political habits. At this point you should have an idea for something that could be disastrous if they fell for the political bait. Arrange for them to fall into a situation where they will completely make asses of themselves. Then in the aftermath, do the aforementioned suggestion. Stress that they cannot let their political beliefs affect the work - the work must remain separate. In time this lesson will not only teach them to not mix politics with their work, but that their politics is inherently dangerous.

If that doesn't work and they still want to SJW, they're hopeless. You should take the project and leave. Perhaps start it up again with someone else. It's not stealing. It's salvaging.

Also, this. People change after high school and not always for the best. You can't save everyone OP. You can only save yourself. If you really care for the project and they are affecting it and being irredeemably SJW to the project, take it and run. If it matters and you want to salvage it, lock them out of any digital project files and run or trick them into ending it so you can take it elsewhere.

Since OP isn't arguing about injecting his own politics, I think his best strategy will be to use reality against these friends who might feel that they need to pander or put in hamfisted political allegory into their work. Be ready to counter each and every one of their points when they bring it up, but with arguments that are rooted in sensible logic that they can't use to label you a nazi
>Politcization, if done poorly (and it's very easy to do poorly) will make the story feel dated and irrelevant, sometimes within a few short weeks. (Same reason to avoid memes or too many pop culture references)

Not OP, but you could try

>>>/loomis/5080

Thank you all for the advice. It has been very helpful

I'm the writer so I'm afraid I can't give advice on art. I actually think something might be wrong with my nervous system my art is so bad. Check some of the art boards here
I'd recommend doing what I do. When writing scripts I keep 2 sets of notes, notes for me and notes for the artist, only the latter do I actually put in the script
These are usually things like how a character would be standing due to this background or how they're feeling because of such and such event. I've been told they're helpful
The notes I keep for myself is always in something close by, usually my phone because I'm listening to music at all hours of the day. These notes are like the ones in your post, character notes relating to personality or something similar. These are helpful especially when coming back to something after a period of absence

I'm worried about them keeping their politics in the public eye, not necessarily about it infecting the work, though I'm sure that could come up. There hasn't been an issue made about it yet. I've been careful about avoiding political influence in characters and stories.
So I should just hash it out with them and see how it goes? Might be a shitty conversation but I can try it

It's a tough pill to swallow!

So what are you.
If you're a writefag there's no much to worry as you have control of it's content on 75% of the cases.

Well like I said earlier, I'm worried that their nonstop political shitflinging and autism will
A.) drive off people who don't care for that kind of shit
And
B.) get them into arguments with people who stuck around
You see this kind of stuff with a lot of marvel people recently, Waid and that cuck who writes moon knight as an example
Like another user said earlier in the thread, I'm gonna try and play PR as much as possible and hopefully convince them to keep it in check

If you're a drawfag you could work on your own, unless one of them puts the money for the tools.

Which would be just as bad as them infecting the comic with it. Many people will go to their twitter or some other social media account to learn a little about the people behind the comic, see the blatant SJW shit and write off your comic because of the reputation these people have for injecting their politics into their work.

It won't work out. Tell them that you can't continue if when they put identity politics or regular politics into the story. It almost destroyed both Marvel and DC. I'm sure IDW is going to be feeling the blowback soon since Hasbro has started demanding the so-called writers stop putting race-lifting and faggotry into their comic tie-ins.

Profits gave us the tick

listen to the venture brothers commentary tracks

I'd say leave the team project before you waste any more time on it. If you develop as an artist, the easiest thing will be coming up with new ideas, doing them will be hard. A team must work together without a single thing holding you back for maximum efficiency. An sjw is a ticking time bomb in a team and when it goes boom, will erode your project gradually until you hate your project so much it will spill into any similar new project you start. If you get out early, it will be easier for everyone later to stay together once the project dies. The more you emotionally invest into a failing project, the more broken you come out of it. You will still be able to hang out with them. This is why I avoid pushing my students into team projects.

Pull out and leave early. It's better for everyone

This, if they're the "kill all white people/I adopted colored children to show how PROGRESSIVE I am" virtue signaling retard kind of SJWs 9/10 chances they're just leeching onto shit you've created anyways, I don't have to know anything about them personally to know that because these people tend to be parasites who latch onto other peoples creativity to taint them with their civilization destroying ideologies, modern capeshit is evidence enough of this.
Their only skill tends to be shoving "DIVERSITY" into things. I'm curious what these "people" are actually contributing for this to even be something to second guess.

Kek, this. I don't see enough stories about tearing into liberally retarded characters outside of meme shitpost MSpaint-tier short comics. Mostly it's the other way around with: