Muh politics

Good God, this is actually worse than Garethzilla. Emmerichkino, despite all it's flaws, remains the best Godzilla.

The guy really should've stuck with animating.

nice try shlomo

didnt look good so i deleted it without watching it really fuck it

Only the original Godzilla was good.

Yeah, no. This is what Godzilla should be about.

Its by far the best Godzilla movie, i know muricucks get triggered by it because its show how they treat their "allies"

No.

If you wanna be a turbo hipster you can say the original is better. Other than that you got nothing.

Shin Godzilla?

More like SHIT Godzilla amirite?

Just like Shit-Shaking Eva-Jelly-on.

This movie is still by far 10x better than the 5 min screen time 2014 hackzilla.

I like it and respect that you have a different opinion about it. I found it pretty interesting that they decided to make it a disaster film with focus on the response to Godzilla instead of just Godzilla fighting and destroying stuff.

Who is this loli?

Godzilla fighting and destroying stuff is kino.

It is but for a first in the new series I think it was a good way bring it in. Sequels can bring in the other monsters.

Only good post in this thread.

Even if they wanted to focus on the response, the movie should've been 90 minutes instead of 2 hours of dull political lounging with bland acting, bland dialogue, and bland characters.

Politics aside, the special effects are nice at most times but they're pretty inconsistent, should've stayed with practical effects and costumes. The godzilla looks like shit and has no charm, it's literally a walking plank, and when it moves, the movement has no weight to it. It shows absolutely no response to artillery attacks, which makes it really dull. Old Godzilla was invincible to artillery as well, but it actively reacted to it instead of just standing still like a giant plank. The laser attack is silly as fuck, screw that garbage.

The lighting is shit. What made 1954 Godzilla, Heisei Godzilla, and Emmerichzilla look beautiful is the natural lighting at night which imitates war movies with all the spotlights and fiery smokes. The lighting in Annozilla looks very thick of CGI. They tried to portray it like a recreation of one of those romanticism painting instead of war film footage, and it sucks, it's fake as shit. Still not as bad as Garethzilla's lighting where you can't see anything at all though, that's the rock bottom.

The music is shit. There are Bach ripoff orchestral tracks, acid jazz, and rock tune. None of those fit the film at all, feels like listening to video game score. It truly reflects the director's cringeworthy pompousness.

Godzilla vs Destroyah looks better. Even Emmerichzilla looks better.

Is it the only option other than becoming a reddit faggot?

Emmerichzilla is known as GINO, Godzilla in Name Only, for a reason. I haven't seen this movie yet, but the best Godzilla movies mix city destruction and fights with global political intrigue like Godzilla '84 and Godzilla vs. Biollante.

But you can.

I always thought that chubby Godzilla looked goofy. T-Rexzilla is cool.

No.

T-Rexzilla looks fucking retarded. If you want a T-Rex, watch Jurassic Park. Godzilla is not supposed to be a T-Rex.

It's feels more of a remake of The Beast from 20,000 Fathoms than Godzilla, but that's okay since it's the movie that inspired Godzilla in the first place. There isn't much destruction since the Godzilla here is a really agile creature that climbs towers, dwells and hides inside gigantic NY buildings, and lunges in the dark. It's a pretty cool concept, but of course isn't faithful to Japanese Godzilla.

But Emmerichzilla is a gigantic T-Rex. It's epic.

Godzilla's design was based on 1950's depiction of T-Rex.

The movie is brighter.

I saw it in theater back in '14. Not much brighter, the lighting is shit regardless.

Kino incoming.

What in the world

It's not Godzilla. The movie also sucks hardcore. If this is bait, it's not funny.

No it's not, retard. There is no "50's depiction of a T-Rex," they've had a full skeleton since 1900. It's looked relatively the same since then. From Wikipedia:

Making Godzilla into a T-Rex is dumb and is a slight against a very original design that has stood the test of time.

Reddit is that way, amico.

kill yourself, fag, I saw this movie when I was 15, and even I knew it was shit

This board unironically loves Prometheus, Alien Covenant, Escape from LA, Batman & Robin and Ghost in the Shell 2017. Yes, people here really are just that pleb.

You had shit taste at 15 and you still do now.

It was good for a kid's movie, you sperg nolanlover

capeshit is capeshit, there's no defending it.

I like all these movies, I'm the Prometheus/Covenant fan you're referring to, and yes Godzilla 1998 is fucking garbage. At least none of those were designed as cynical popcorn film garbage that was so careful to try to appeal to everyone and sell so much merchandise that it completely failed to do either. Those films actually took real risks.

Well, that explains everything.

All superhero shit belongs in the trash. No exceptions.

Kino.
Almost kino.
Fun kikewood critique.
Poison Ivy and pun spouting Mr. Freeze, what's not to like?
Pretty near cinematography in this one. Plus it had Takeshi.

You're just a pleb.

At least it didn't take itself seriously at all, that makes it better than 99% of capeshit.

I like all of those but Alien Covenant. Explain what was wrong with them.

Hell yeah

Radiation didn't create Godzilla, he was awakened from a dormant state by by the atom bombs falling on Japan, near his place of slumber.

Fuck off!

Well, Emmerichzilla is a combination of T-rex, allosaurus, velociraptor, and marine iguana. Same shit.

Coventant took all the good ideas from Prometheus and thre them in the bin and turned the series back into another rehash of the first Alien, complete with a ripoff ending of the original. Falling back into nostalgia-bait is the opposite of a risk.

good idea, poor execution
see first paragraph
Marvel-tier memefest with incredibly lame attempts at comedy and nostalgia-bait that retroactively ruins Escape from NY just by existing, second worst Carpenter film just slighly above Ghosts of Mars.
its fun but still stupid.
C'mon, this one has to be bait.

Ghost in the Shell was a perfectly average sci-fi movie. Obviously it's not the anime, but it's fine. Most people made up their minds before they even saw it because of "whitewashing".

being "perfectly average" is definitely damning it with faint praise. Just another way of saying its so entirely generic it failed to be interesting on any level, or it "excelled at mediocrity."

Honestly the original movie is not that great.

Right, but it's not bad. I enjoyed my time with it as much as any fine but forgettable sci-fi movie.

Its not good either

It was good enough to keep me entertained for the runtime.

I'd say it has more better moments than bad moments for sure.

if you're bored enough then basically anything can be entertaining.

Not for me. I don't watch a lot of movies all the way through these days. Most of them are that bad.

It's not Godzilla, you homo. Go jerk off to Bueller's Day Off 2, it's still not a Godzilla movie. It was also one of the biggest bombs in history.

It's no where near a rehash of the first film at all, you may as well call Aliens a rehash then just because it included xenomorphs. It's plenty differentiated as a sequel, and considering Prometheus was a prequel, future follow-ups would start aligning closer with Alien regardless.

Movie was a lot of fun. Taking a more comedic tone with the sequel was a huge risk, but it's still very enjoyable imo.

But it is. Japs are too butthurt to admit the american version of the character looks better.

No one thinks it looked better. The movie was burning money pit in America. It's not only the Japanese who mocked the shit out of it, everyone did. You like a subpar bomb of a film that tried to shit on the originals for extremely cynical tent pole cash grab. You may as well be praising cisbusters. The filmmakers behind it were hacks who were subsequently exiled from Hollywood for over a decade.

It made profit.

Godzilla 98 has zero political propaganda.

You know who else were exiled? Andrei Tarkovsky and Sergei Parajanov.

90% of the japanese Godzilla movies are pure trash, but the moment americans did their own version of the character, oh noes, it's the worst thing ever. Japs have no self-awareness.

And yes, chubby Godzilla is, well, chubby. An athletic body type is far more threatening than a fat one.

Nevermind that Godzilla is one of the most comercial franchises ever.

confirmed for homo that hates kino

American version missed the entire point of Godzilla as well as its appeal. You may as well be praising Neo Yokio.

your displacing your homosexuality onto kaiju now

isn't this basically capeshit?

Total BS. The movie was infamous due to the size of it's marketing and merchandizing budget. They spent a fortune on both, and wasted millions on tons and merch that never made it out of the clearance rack. Learn something about the history of movies. It's embarrassing you don't know this.

It tried to necessitate the career of a Jew that killed an innocent person and it again feminized a monster movie icon and tried to raise the stature of the French into a super power. Maybe not political propaganda by SJW standards, but it's definitely has liberal undertones.

Roland Emerich and Dean Devlin are HACKS. HACKS.

resuscitate

Really reaching there user.

correction, Broderick killed two people

how is this incorrect? he was also fucking terrible in this mvoie

Those are different companies.

I only learn about the history of filmmaking, not film marketing.

Sorry cinemassacre.

That's not a propaganda dumbass.

It bred asexually, it had no gender.

They tested the nuclear on a france owned island, hence the french government having the responsibility to look after godzilla. There's nothing super power about that.

dipshit

More like reddit filter to me.

He was in 2 actually, including War Games. The beginning of FBDO even makes direct reference to it.

Yeah I was disappointed that his cinematography has regressed since Eva.

That's not how you spell Prince of Darkness

Which anime are you referring to? The Oshii films are trash.

This is a fact that extends well beyond their reaction to the 1998 Godzilla film.

The director also posted an Oxygen Destroyer on his twitter

daily reminder that nihongo kino died in the 80s

I actually really like the second film. First one I can take or leave. The TV anime was a pretty decent police procedural with some twisty turny storylines.

He was mutated by the bomb. Godzilla is radiation powered and literally feeds off of nuclear power. Have you ever watched these fucking movies?

Ive seen it twice now