CAPCOM PRO TOUR OFFICIAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS

capcomprotour.com/rules/

sheeit

Other urls found in this thread:

ssbwiki.com/Smasher:CPU
ssbwiki.com/Socal_Elite_4
eventhubs.com/news/2013/jul/28/mad-catz-we-refuse-support-tournaments-dont-police-collusion-vxg-umvc3-grand-finals-were-joke/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Racist against Indians.

Racist against Indians. That word is cultural appropriation due to a misunderstanding when innocent bands of Indian men would randomly interact with pilgrims and other travelers and, in the ensuing chaos, money would be exchanged and sometimes blood would be spilled.

This post is very problematic. Please delete this at once or I will refer you to the Twitter Health and Safety Council.

Poo in the Loo, Raj.

rip /fgc/

Funny thing is that Smash 4 tourneys have yet to even reach that viewership again on thier own, without all the marketing "hype".

Melee got 211k viewers at EVO while USFIV got 248k. The numbers are overall fairly equal for their biggest events. Smash is also definitely not a top esport. Sponsored players are hilariously underpaid compaeed to other games in spite of its popularity and are seen as little more than an extra luxury for their team.

niggers not allowed to nig.

why are fightanfags so cancerous ? I know that most of the them are niggers but still.

I bet you fall for quentin comics too faggot

If the fgc wants to be taken seriously, it needs to get out of the fucking 90s, and stop thinking that acting like a retarded thug who smokes and plays shitty fighters is awesome.

Honestly, this was long time coming, but no matter what Capcom does, the fgc will still act like retards. It'll probably try to accommodate to the rules because it doesn't want to lose it's only opportunity to get paid for smoking weed and playing terrible video games.

m-muh fun always seems to go away once money's involved.

I can see you never experienced the joy of trash talking your best friends while playing a fighting game. Wiping the floor with them or having them kick your ass and having both of you grin like retards.
I legitimately feel sorry for you user, it's a great thing to feel.

Shiieeeeettt indeed.

It's great until you break an arcade machine at an event, or piss off the store owner who is going to call the cops on you.

Didn't one of the Evo finals it took them 5/10 minuites to start because no one would sit in their damn seats?

Even playing the "we can wait" card and "The fire chief will just shut us down". Talking to them like damn kids.

If they genuinely ban "thuggish behavior" and 90% of the audience and half the competitors are going to get thrown out.

Besides, you KNOW trash talk is going to get taken too seriously if this is implemented (or someone will bait it to get rid of someone they can't beat).

The only thing the FGC had going for it was that the players were more interesting than the autist from league and DOTA 2. rip

The reason melee players get the shaft is because Nintendo openly hates the community, so there's no chance of incentives, unlike SF which capcom shilled to hell

You'd hate the Smash community too if you knew your playerbase consisted of autists who raised Hell in a tourney (they threatened an Evo winner for picking Meta Knight, and then trashed the event afterwards. Smash was banned from Evo for a long time).

Hell, almost everyone hates Smash Bros.'s community.

Oh don't get me wrong, i cannot stand the smash community and long for the day when Nintendo realizes that melee is cutting into their cash cow and ax melee for good.

Also damn i never realized it was THAT bad

I forgot why that's why it was banned from EVO for ages. I do wish PM was a side tourney though. That was much more interesting than Sm4sh. Melee only has like 10 characters and 5 stages so that kind of gets boring too despite having better matches.

I still think none of the Smash games should take up the main stage though. Not because "not a fighter" bullshit but because Melee is old as shit and Sm4sh is boring as hell. Same reason I don't think Pokken should be up there as well. Well at least all of EVO isn't just the main stage.

Are you people looking forward to anything?

Of all the tales people have woven about Smash tournaments this is probably the most amusing to imagine.

I watch both esports and FGC events all the time. The fightan scene is so fucking entertaining and just a different approach to how tournaments work.

Stop taking video games so fucking god damn seriously. I hate casualization dumb down shit.

Did someone film it?
Is it on youtube?

I thought the big deal with EVO 2008 was Mr. Wizard forcing items on and the guy who won being some random 14 year old ROB that no one ever heard of that was playing against Ken, one of the OG Melee greats.

2009 had some whatever side tourney that M2K won with Meta Knight, but no one gave a shit about that.

Smash 4 is boring for obvious reasons. even though samurai basically said fuck you to smash 4 by releasing bayo and quitting further development on the game

more like 4 characters, and a few dedicated players who pick an off meta character. The game play is shit considering they just abuse the buggy mechanics to make the game seem 'fast' Theyre both unwatchable imo fam

You'll usually find no proof provided of any of the tall tales people tell about the Smash scene, despite how ludicrous and attention-worthy they seem. Conversely, you can go to their old forums and see archives with plenty of people saying "good job M2K" and the like, despite M2K being the supposed EVO winner shamed for using Meta Knight.

It was a "big deal" in that everyone didn't like the ruleset so most players just didn't go. Otherwise there was nothing really of note in the tourney other than Ken sucking ass at Brawl.

The whole debacle with the EVO 2008 clusterfuck seems far more notable and controversial than a some people on smashboards giving m2k shit for winning with a SSS-tier character that only had 3 players in top 16 anyways.

Also, EVO 2008 only had about 18 less entrants than 2009, which from what I am seeing wasn't particularly notable.
Meanwhile, EVO 2008 is still widely known as a disaster that doesn't require you to dig through archives to see.

True. If those people dedicated to those characters are gone, then no one would play them. People critique Skull Girls for having no characters, but Melee might as well be in the same boat when it comes to tourneys.

What do people think goes on at fighting game tournaments? I can think of maybe 2 or 3 incidents of violence in the last few decades at tournaments.

I bet you actually think it's acceptable to play your 3ds in public

Regardless to what happened, there was an incident that got the Smash community banned from Evo. That did happen.

The Smash community deserves all shit people give it.

Remember way back when they banned all counters for whatever reason?
Remember how Smash players ban 50% of their own game constantly because it's not competitive in the slightest? Their defense being "It becomes competitive if you ban out 50%!"

Remember the collective autism of all smash players results in hilarious episodes like the Old Player counsel in the older days that basically decided who won/lost and if you went against them they'd ban you from whatever the major tourney circuit for them was called?

I think you've watched one too many Chinese cartoon, user.

Sure, which is why there's literally no information on this and Mr. Wizard let them right back in 4 years later?

Yes, it's well known that Ken was pulling all the strings and no one dared to challenge him until he retired.

Games need to grow up amirite. I mean it [CURRENT YEAR] already!

Shit here have a fucking wiki on the whole 2008 EvO autism
ssbwiki.com/Smasher:CPU

Your claim that "nothing bad has ever happened with smash it's all made up autism" is easily disprovable with a 3 second google search.

Post a smug anime though, that's been your go to so far for defense of your party game

You mean the tournament everyone hated for having items on? Clearly it was such a travesty that they didn't even come back in 2009.
Then I'm sure you'd be able to back up your story about the "old player counsel".

Universally hated, and yet they all agreed to it? Seems to me like the game is shit, but whatever, lets move on to the point at hand.
ssbwiki.com/Socal_Elite_4 the Zero tournament series was plagued by problems of supposed match fixing.

Lets move on to more recent issues
in 2010 there was a problem with match fixing that lead to M2K and ADHD being banned from MLG. But no they've never done anything wrong according to you

wrong indians

They didn't, which is why most people actually playing the game didn't attend.
Oh I am laffin. The only proper incident involving them were at his last tournament were he and his ran with the money after losing. However, if any of the tales of banning and bracket manipulation were true, then they wouldn't have had to do that, given that several of the people known for challenging Ken were attending.
This one is also legit as well. You seem to be mistaken in thinking I'm completely disregarding any of the incidents regarding Smash. This shit happens in any competitive scene where money is involved.
eventhubs.com/news/2013/jul/28/mad-catz-we-refuse-support-tournaments-dont-police-collusion-vxg-umvc3-grand-finals-were-joke/
I'm just laughing at the ridiculous tales like the "threats of violence" or "banning of players" or whatever that user thinks got Smash supposedly banned from EVO. It reminds me of recent trend of claiming fighting game tournaments have a huge issue with sexual harassment and violence without citing any incidents of it.

Yeah it happens where ever money's involved but Smash has a lot more of it. More player drama, more corruption, more shitty rulings, More equipment breakage (gotta hammer that R button to wavedash bruh). Massively less complex mechanics because hey they banned out 60% of the game anyways, might as well make it sterile as possible, I'm waiting for when they say that each player gets 20 seconds to attack and if the other player lands damage during that time he gets DQ'd.