Makes CG movies

they can't keep getting away with it!

they had a decent track record until TLOU

and underneath the bullshit, that had the framework for a good game in it

uncharted 4 is a complete fucking mess, all the faith i had in these guys is long out the window now

They already did

But aren't most adventure games just pictues, words, and maybe a puzzle? We won't deny those are games. So why deny interactive movies?

uncharted isn't an adventure game, its a shooter with platforming elements, said platforming elements now taking up a majority of the game that isn't a cutscene

and druckman can't write for shit and is a faggot

They probably will as long as their current audience eats that sort of shit up.

it's like poetry

I liked Uncharted 4 honestly

I guess I'll go to reddit now

I liked this game. At the time it was really interesting.

That's totally why you played and not for the same reason you sneaked in a Playboy right

i'll hear you out if you can give me a reason

i had fun with the other uncharted games, but uncharted 4 was too fucking padded and devoid of action to have dumb-fun with

Because it's only ok when japs do it.

same here, I liked 1-3 but I cant even find the will to finish 4

With a fanbase as retarded as sonyfags, yes, you can!

i have an honest question

you like yakuza, right? i love yakuza, I know it gets a lot of love in the yakuza threads. i've never played one before 4 and am just playing through it now… and it's probably 25% actual gameplay, 40% minigames and 35% cutscenes. i love it and am genuinely having the time of my life that fuckin "raise your hostess to number one" minigame completely consumed me for like six hours but why does it get a free pass while MGS4 and the like get torn apart for doing almost the same thing?

Hipster mentality.
MGS is widely popular, while Yakuza is niche, ergo Holla Forums "hates" one and "love" another.

Or maybe some people just don't fucking lie MGS and never played Yakuza?

*like MGS

Because normalfags with shit taste in movies and can't git gud in video games are attracted to horseshit that Naughty Dog defecates out.

Makes you wonder what the fuck happened with Remedy and Quantum Break.

Sounds to me like you're not doing all the side content and substories.

I've been playing through 3 and sometimes I'll go whole days without seeing a cutscene.

Also
Is it fun not having a fucking clue what is going on?

it's actually a lot easier to understand than I thought it would be (i found it at a FUCKING GAMESTOP for six dollars and figured i'd be stupid not to buy it)

i still want to play the earlier ones but honestly i'm not that lost, although i do feel that Kiryu is too well-animated, wise and strong not to be a main protagonist of at least one of the other games

Until 4 you only played as Kiryu. It's good you're not totally lost. I suppose the first chapter or so of the games is usually about setting up the plot anyway.

Be sure you at least play 2 at some point, though it's getting rare.

that's actually one of the main things I'm really impressed with in the game, how well it's explained the things I need to know. I suppose it also helps that this is the first non-Kiryu game, so I'm learning about Saejima and Akiyama and company at the same rate as everyone else. Definitely one of my new favorite franchises

This is the future millennials chose.

Gimme a break. Just because they're shitty and worry about setpieces and rediculous stories more than gameplay doesn't mean they aren't games.
It's funny to me the reviewers make fun of the stories in JRPGs and just Japanese games in general, yet they evoke way more feeling than any of this western trash could dream of. I can't believe I expected TLoU to actually be decent. 10/10 my ass.

This place is filled with contrarian nuhipster fags who circlejerk over niche games.

One of the pictures there is from a Non-ND game actually, the snowy one is from a Travelers Tales developed CB

Take a closer look. One of them is. I'll let you figure it out.

Who's this Holla Forums guy?

They’re not games. There are no choices. There are no options. There are no abilities.

Would be nice if you knew what the fuck you were talking about before posting.

Wtf are you on about?

Modern Naughty Dog isn't the problem, it's the idiots that suck their dick for making games that all come down to being a worse version of some other game.

Like name 1 thing in the Last of Us or Uncharted that wasn't done before or anything that makes them worth of any sort of praise?

ok give credit where credit is due.
the game looks fucking amazing. and it plays great.

but it doesn't have that….. fun factor.
it's like I'm playing a climbing game with a shitty shooting gameplay.

they relied WAYNE too much on graphics. I mean the puzzles where like baby level.

WAY*
thanks autocorrect

polite sage for autocorrect

I don't think whoever made that pic quite understands what the adventure genre entails.

Because Gears of War and similar games looks like they have been written by 13yo kids.

Naughty Dogs is one of the few companies that employes decent writers to write games, and the experience is million times better than almost any other game with a story.

Good writing > writing made by men with a 13yo brain

Literally zero people that made Crash and Jak works there so it is to be expected.

Games >>> movies

Gears has a particularly well written lore, perhaps you should go play those games instead of parroting someone else's opinion.

If it's any consolation, I've seen people calling them out and dishing out some hard criticism over U4. See the whole crit fiasco. I think that they'll lose some of their audience if they keep this whole "serious mature movie story time" thing going on.

Why not, this hack did

he is an overrated designer for sure

but he came to industry when vidya needed to learn from movies user
now we don't need the likes of him

The fuck are you talking about?

3d camera work
cinematic lighting
visualizing stories and narrative
etc….

vidya had to pick up somethings from movies to the point of being a superior medium to cinema

uncharted started after tlou?

Yeah, present in video games before the fuck made his mgs.

They fired the only good writer they had after she didn't jump on board with their cuck virtue signaling.

lel

that guy actually told the barber to just fuck his shit up i fucking swear

Holy shit you can't be serious. The scripts are so fucking predictable it's as if a goddamn teenage girl wrote them.

Kill yourself faggot.

The problem is Naughty Dog don't realize the Uncharted and games like it worked because they are dumb mindless fun. They bought into their own hype about the quality of their story telling ability and made Last of Us. So rather than having the game version of a B grade action movie they are now making the the game equivalent of failed oscar bate dramas.

I don't think they really know how to do story driven games to begin with

Okay.

Learn how to read.

then

The writing in the TLOU and the Uncharted series is about as generic as it can possibly get. Just what sort of narrative complexity or depth are you seeing here…

it won't be enough consolation until people rise up against ND's tyranny

It's a brilliant scam, really.