——————

Join our Mumble server for nightly Squid Squad voicechat:

wiki.mumble.info/wiki/Main_Page
8v.servers.moe or 8ch.servers.moe - Port: 64738 - "Vidya General" -> "Splatoon"
Post your Nintendo Network ID here for extra fun times:
>>>/smek/4

——————

PREVIOUS SPLATFEST RESULTS:

Worldwide Splatfest: Fancy Party VS Costume Party (Fancy Party wins in both popularity and wins)

OTHER NEWS~

First anniversary approaching, ready to celebrate, squids?

In-Game Screen Shot Tutorial:

Previous Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

dynamosimulator.tapesoftware.net/
mediafire.com/?gow009n17kwpfpp
exhentai.org/g/481615/2271624455/
nintendo.co.jp/amiibo/diorama/index.html
mynintendonews.com/2016/05/27/target-stocking-special-splatoon-and-zelda-pyjamas/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Reposting this for organizer, date may be subjected to change to either friday night EST after midnight (27th May) or Saturday afternoon (28th May)

CUSTOM BATTLE INK-COMING FOLKS!!
Battle of '96 is a theme event based on the events of the above story. While trying to stay true to the weapons and nature of the fighting there weren't even any squids! this event will be played with primarily shooters in splat zones mode.

Weapons permitted

(all variants):

• Splatershot Super Soaker 50
• Splatershot JR Super Soaker 30 or generic water gun
• Splatershot Pro Super Soaker XPS 105
• Herospray
• Octoshot
• Ayylmao spray Super Soaker 20
• Splash-o-matic
• Splatlings Super Soaker XP250
• Mini-Splatling Super Soaker 200
• Hydra Splatling Super Soaker 300
• Nozzlenose Some generic waterguns
• Bamboolzer Power Soaker Canon

Nothing equivalent at the time

• Squelcher
• Dual-Squelcher
• N-zap
• Splash-o-matic

No one ran around with with paint roller
There was no weapon that functioned like a charger or a gal
Buckets didn't work -tried it

Gear permitted:

all there were no bellhats, but please, go nuts

We got 7 people in here, get in here squiggas

OCTOLINGS SUCK DIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIICCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK

Die

Octolings are superior

Octolings are inferior

Threadly reminder, say no to racemixing

It hurts

No disgusting

Octos are pure

Congrats, I am sure you can make it to A+ at least.

All aboard the train to cuckchan

Haven't played since January, so I'm kinda stale and a bit moldy right now.

Cruising a solid B right now.

Low sodium levels.

Don't mind me, just gonna drop this here, no need to comment on how 100% pure she is…

I wonder who could be behind this post

Big D/ Anarchy Reigns user here, fun playing with you guys tonight! Had a real blast, hopefully I'll get some more in tomorrow

Ah so that was you, yeah nice to finally play with you in person, I am eraserph

Oh shit! Good to meet ya man, yeah it was a pretty good time, can't wait until tomorrow

WEW LAD

Did he get de-ranked to C- or something?

That sounds suspicious. 50 deaths in 5 minutes = 10 deaths/minute = 1 death / 6 seconds, which is barely longer than the time it takes to respawn. There's no way for that not to be intentional.

Yeah, this isn't exactly my first time hearing about it. But did the enemy team cause those deaths, or were they suicides?

RIP

NEVER 5GET

I usually ramble on into RadioSquiddo -but I went ahead looking for tomorrows nonsense and…

I found Splatoon 'original characters' and I'm just disgusted. I hate tumblr and I want it to die. I'd share them but at this point it's not funny. It's evil. Pure evil.

Pic not related -but confusing as all fuck.

Somehow I can still muster the strength to come back to Splatoon.
Hopefully those new cosmetics are out by the time the Callie and Marie amiibos are released.

Yeah

My dick

I guess I'll try again tonight

If you love the game, keep fighting, keep training, you will make it eventually.

Take breaks, if it pisses you off too much, there is no need to stick with it, play some other vidya, maybe some day you will get back into it.

Thanks for the advice, user

I'm not giving up over a lost rank

That Marie looks like she's been eating too many donuts

Thick squids are best squids.

post some so we can get angry too, or so we can tell you you're angry about nothing

The thing about Dynamos is combats against them are won or lost before they begin. If you know that the enemy team has a Dynamo, you need to put yourself in positions where you have the advantage against it, but before it's flicking ink at you. Same applies to E-Liters. It also helps for most other weapons, but those can be outmaneuvered on a second-by-second basis.

dynamosimulator.tapesoftware.net/

So, the above software is a parody of how powerful Dynamos are. But you know what the green team is doing wrong in this scenario? They're fighting the Dynamo on its own terms. They're just charging at it blindly like zombie lemmings. The better approach would be to stay back, secure their current position and/or find a better one, and wait for the dynamo to come to them. Then, before the dynamo knows where they are, they attack. Because the roller attacks so slowly, they kill it before it can do anything.

Oh, and be sure to watch your back when necessary, like on Kelp Dome or Pirahna Pit.

NOPNOPENOPE

Not even double doubles can save us, user

why must tumblr and gays ruin everything I love?

I'm in mumble if anyone wants to play.

FIRE IS THE ONLY OPTION

We got 5 now, one more for privates

So do they ban you if you have a name like "2nukesNotEnuff" or "WutGasChambers?"

Don't think so, there was someone named "moist.anus" and we have a lad here named "boomkake", I guess you only get banned if someone actually bothers to report the shit out of you.

Something like "NOOK.THE.GOOK." or "Nigger_Slayer187" would probably result in a ban then

Something along the lines of "NegroWoman" is fine, last time I played

Well bear in mind, the character limit is 10 so not much creativity can be exercised there.

OCTOLINGS SUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK SOOOOOO MUCH DDDDDDDDDDD111111111111IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIICCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK

These people are just as dangerous as those actively subverting the country, because when the latter group is slaughtered and new amendments are drawn up, they’ll be the ones screaming for a redo of the entire document.

People only play this game because they want to fuck the squids, right?

Best gameplay all day every day.

Well, if a name gets past entering, who's gonna check on it? Nobody.

I honestly have no desire to fuck the squids. They're cute but not sexually. More for you, I guess.

Checked and basically this.

Why would I fuck flat chested non fictional characters

I play the game because it's fun. Wanting to fuck the squids is just icing on the cake.

By the way, nice playing with you G. Always nice to see a new face around here.

I'm sorry for doubting you, user.

You only get 10 characters to use, though. "2MoreNukes" would fit, I guess.

Nigger, the L-3 D is awesome. That gear is not, especially for that weapon.

What the fuck nintendo?

Do you or anyone else know what is the Splatoon font?
More specifically both the ingame text and the logo's

I have it as 'Project Paintball'

I'm with
I have specific tastes for my /mg/s; squids are cute but not particularly on my fuck list. Plus I really like eating squid, so shacking up with one would be kinda awkward for me.Insert obligatory vore shaming here

Pic for you, tho.

It was data-mined from the update a day or two ago. We weren't supposed to find out yet officially.

It's not the first time. Hackers once discovered the Mario Land Prop Plane costume weeks beforehand, plus those that recieved the Wolf Link amiibo early testing on a whim.

Oh I see, that explains it. I am curious though, do people who like mario maker genuinely care for these amiibo powerups? They don't really do anything but change cosmetically don't they?

You don't even have much to work with if you were to make a themed stage after these amiibos.

You can find it on [SQUID FORUM] as Project Paintball.

You can do decent creative stuff with some, even with you stuck with Mario 1 aesthetics. With 140+ costumes so far, though, you're probably going to only create a handful of stage ideas. At the very least the promo stages Nintendo makes for them are fun if a tad easy.

It obviously is intentional. It's as easy as being spawncamped and purposely leaving spawn.

Spla2n starts up with the Squid Sisters being let go from their news anchor positions because leaks and the internet spoil everything before they get chance.

Bravo Team has the clear advantage.

You can unlock them in-game by beating challenges, so you don't really need the Amiibos. I made some Kid Icarus stages using them, and a really basic Arowana Mall rip-off that basically followed the geometry and wasn't that interesting.

Yeah, it would be nice if they added special abilities of some kind, but with how many there are, I can see why they didn't.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Man, just wait until you live in a shit hole with crap internet and you DC every time someone tries to watch a youtube video.

Just chin up and get those win streaks to earn your points back.

I got the original font

Its called Joesphine. I remember way back before the games release some user's brother used it before splatoon and just gave it out in the share thread.

It'd shack you up 500 bucks if you got it through Japan

mediafire.com/?gow009n17kwpfpp

Stopped watching her videos a long time ago but checked her channel again and apparently this 300k subscribers qt jap grill is still playing splatoon.

Kinda happy for them that japs really like this game.

I just came back from vacation, what'd I miss?

Just posted the best picture did ya? Anyway some of our folks have to head to bed early on saturday night because they had things to do on sunday.

Few new faces show up which is a good thing. Good news for me is I feel more interested in playing splatoon recently, bad news is that my internet condition got worse and I kept DC'ing during squads, seems to be very inconsistent though because on some hours, I was connecting ok.

But yeah, hope you had a great vacation, kinda miss you.

I highly underestimated just how good this game would be. I feel like a kid again.

Hopefully Nintendo can do something to breathe a little life back into it. Seems like turf war is a little slow to find a match, but man, getting one going is great.

Not enough to purchase an amiibo for them.

Alpha gon get fucked.

Also, is it bad to get used to the gyroscope controls. Turnings a bit of a pain but it feels almost close to a mouse for me. I get kills pretty easily with it and usually end up at the top.

The gyro controls are the best way to play.

You kidding, fuckboy? Motion controls are way, waaay better than the sticks. But you'll want to learn to use the sticks and/or the y-button for larger movements, so you don't have to turn your arms all the way around every time you want to shoot someone behind you.

Good to know, it's crazy how easy it is to get kills against these people using sticks. I'm taking out entire teams before they can even turn to look at me.

Also, for me it's taking a little longer for the lobbies to fill up, but so long as it isn't for other people and they game is as alive as you say then I'm happy. I can see this becoming a long term addiction for me so it would suck to be cut short.

Anyways, sorry I ever doubted you anons and thought this was a meme game.

Thank you. There are definitely a lot of shitty children in the fanbase, but the game itself is very deep and rewarding. I'm kind of busy now, but I'll post some videos of movement techniques and other stuff later.

I'll definitely watch em

Man the mumble sure is deserted.

Are you in there now?

I'm better with motion controls than I am with a mouse now. That's how great they are.

Seven in mumble
Get in here!

Big D here, hope you guys have lots of fun, I'm going to be getting my moving prep to get back home, God willing and able I'll be back on during memorial day weekend after a bit of relaxation, take care all

CHECK MY ROLLS BRO

If there are giant squids in our world, would it be possible that some inklings grow to giant sizes in the Splatoon world?

That will be another 300k brah

Somebody should shop Spkye's face onto this

I wanna fuck a squidgurl.

I wanna bully the piss out of a squidboy

BUSTY

Octoaras are better

You know what's funny, I've been looking around for some of those tutorials and techniques and found that Forbes had an article dedicated to turning off the gyroscope controls they claimed ruined the game.

Normalfags will never cease to amaze me.

Also, tech #1: burst cancelling.

Tech #2: squidtrotting. This one is really important.

Tech #3: splatterdashing. This video is cancer and the narrator is a bitch, but it's the only video I know of which profiles splatterdashing (or at least the only one which uses that name for it). Just watch the first two minutes to see how the techniques are performed.

The video may mention that splatterdashing is the fastest way to move around. This is untrue. The absolute fastest way for any weapon to get from point A to point B in a straight line is to shoot the ground while running forward, then turn to a squid and swim forward to the end of your ink, then paint another path and repeat.

That video also mentioned splatter jumping/splat hopping/whatever you want to call it. This video goes into a bit more detail.

flood detected; post discarded

Tech #5: ledge peeking. Mostly useful with rollers and blasters.

Any time this word is in a games mechanic it's a damn good sign.

And thanks for posting the videos user. Gonna watch a few now before heading to sleep.

Not any specific tech, but beacons can be abused. They can also shield you from a small amount of damage if you hide inside their hurtbox.

I should also mention that the Nintendome channel has a bunch of good videos on ability math and general strategy. He's a bit vague at times, but most of his videos are made well and have a clear point.

The nice thing about Splatoon is that all its tech is really easy to learn, and is probably something you'd think to do naturally.

Erm, pretty sure brushdashing is faster for brushes (definitely for the shit one, probably for the octo)

Also, related, anybody have an updated one of this pic?

bloop bloop bloop

Is there a way to quickly and accurately turn around without twisting your whole goddamn body?

Movement stick down, and tap the Y button. Less useful than you'd think, in my opinion, but you can do it.

Either this or I have seen many S+ pros just turn their stick and controller quickly to scan around 180 degrees.

??? ???

But user that's bestiality.

That poor loli, is she going to be fine?

She's alright.

Sauce?

I would also like sauce on that.

exhentai.org/g/481615/2271624455/

Ebin user, simply ebin

Two people in mumble.

Blip Blap

Anybody want to squad?

Why do people still use it?

We have a private battle going, two more slots.

Anybody have any tips for S rank? I can get there fine, but as soon as I'm there, it's like I'm dropped in the middle of the fucking Vietnam war.

I still get nightmares about my first S rank fight.

Nice trips but no, I am in the same boat as you, could never perform well enough to maintain S rank.

After you reach S, I assume the next thing to do is just to git gud in general, try to play as much as you can, improve yourself slightly in every way, roll some gear, try out different weapons etc, hopefully sooner or later you will see some improvement and with time make it to S+.

My dad taught me a lot about Vietnam. In war people are going to die no matter what. You are going to struggle and go through things that will always challenge your perspectives on winning, losing, live and death.

He also told me that when you see your enemy, make sure you take him out before he takes you out. Git gud at dealing with your enemies and everything else can fall into place. After all the zen bullshit I tried thinking, I finally realized that it was about killing and surviving when it comes to modes outside of turfwar.

That can be things like knowing what to expect out of certain weapons; count on an e-liter to be sharp and on the hunt for you, and expect them to be just as dangerous up close. When you see rollers, just keep looking behind you. Your aim needs to always be true, too. The gyro controls aren't a joke -practice with them.

Boomkake, I didn't know you drew and liked octolings

I didn't draw it.

Was just pulling your leg my man

Yeah, I just like that picture smoke user always posted a lot. Nice tomoko btw

MY BRAIN

We playing with the same e-liters?

Nah yours can't snipe the broadside of a barn.

Noice

11/10

is there a context to this image that I'm not getting?

It's a meemay. You post a thing and a scaled-down version of that thing, and some variant of "don't talk to me or my son ever again." It's kinda facebook-tier, really.

Our memes are supreme

Has it really been a year already?

Yes.

We have held on long enough as a small community, I am kinda happy.

I am too, and to think they said splatoon was going to fail

True Story, real men use the default Blaster with disruptor.

**and maybe when I get back I can finally get into fucking S + and get out of S hell

not before I learn how to spoiler, apparently

Bump

One day I will get out of this hell, one day

I hope it gets to you soon, friend

Thread theme right here, baby!

Every time.

Two in mumble.

I probably couldn't. What's exhentai and what's "the panda"? Is the panda some kind of boss in a shmup minigame that you have to win against in order to access the site?

0/10

That is a big woomy

When's the next Splatfest?

Five in Mumble. Get in here.

Considering how long they're forced to dance around during Splatfest and stuff, I wonder if in-universe Callie & Marie are basically treated like slaves by their record company or producers

It's astounding how many people there are in the A-ranks that don't seem to grasp the basic tenants of the game.

They're idols, of course they're treated as slaves. They're forced to stay pure until they reach whatever the squid equivalent of 25 is, and then they're pimped out to companies that make gravure videos if they're lucky. They'll most likely be sold to the squid yakuza and forced to do degrading incest stuff

There's a bunch of body doubles, out there. I wonder who could be behind it.

Always blame octolings

unless they get married before that, right?

You realize the news is pre-recorded, right?

Well,duh. They are practically products owned by their company first and sentient beings second.

Poor Callie. She is so poor that one of the dialogues in the game mentions she is going to get more french fries once they get their "bonus"

I wonder who could be behind this post.

I have news for you, user, and it's not about the stage rotation.

I would marry a washed up squid idol

Submission error?

Just wondering, does anyone set the MTU of their Wii U connection to match the MTU on their router?

Wake up. Make Dank OC.

Off to a good start

I can't wait for those squid sister amiibers

Woah user the hive mind might come after you

:^]

HOW LONG DO I NEED TO WAIT NINTENDO? CMON I NEED MY DANCING CALLIE and also marie

I remembered to remove the YouTube embed this time

nintendo.co.jp/amiibo/diorama/index.html

Shit map

WEW LAD

Sets for your amiibo, I am ok with it but anti-nintendo fags are gonna whine as usual.

The only reason to have a Callie Amiibo

That looks amazing

Do you squiggas remember when you first got the game and everything was fresh as fuck?

I sure do a Life without Dynamos E liters, Luna Blasters and no Circle jerking meta everyone thought the Aeryospray RG was broken as fuck.

I remember those days. They don't know the feel days before ranked battle.

Fucking Kelp Dome? Of all maps?

Yeah the skill gap between the players have just increased more and more and by now I'd imagine being in S would probably be much better because you don't need to deal with godlike snipers who are able to kill you by just swiping their gun around the map.

Consider suicide.

N-Zap '85, yo.

I mean, at least it's not Arrowana but I'd take even Walleye Warehouse over Urchin Underpass

SALTSPRAY RIG would be pretty fine too

FREAD FHEME

Remember when the most annoying weapon in the game was the Krak-On Roller? And the most annoying map was old Urchin Underpass? And when the most annoying hat was that wide-brimmed camo one?

Those were better times.

gay
you are gay

Quit being a little shit. Moray Towers is the fucking worst map in Splatoon.

You probably thought Salt Spray was a bad map too, didn't you fucker?

Salt spray is a fine map.

Worst maps are still Moray, Mahi Mahi on certain modes.

I'll give you Rainmaker on Moray is a hell of its own, but Underpass feels a bit too cut off at this point

i really like mahi mahi, except it seems even more in favor of e-liters than moray

Moray is shit for Tower control and Splatzones. At least with rainmaker you can cheat half the course by climbing up walls to the point

Splatzones on Moray only go for 6 points and its a 5 minute stand off. Also barely any knockouts on Morays Splatzones too.

Tower Control is more of less keeping E-Liters off their cute little camping Point (I use a Blaster so that probably is why I don't mind it too much) . And while I enjoy splat zones on most maps I know it's going to be a slog either way unless you or the other team is trash.

As for rainmaker I just hate Rain maker

Anyway Im in the mumble if anyone wants to twin squad…

Overwatch is the game splatoon wishes it was.

So how do you guys go about saving those neat little pics?

go to imgur on the internet browser and upload the top screen.

Or even easier, go to Miiverse using your computer/phone.

gotcha

Nintendo's family friendly image held back Splatoon. It did alright though. Overwatch's different heroes is a definite plus, Something that could have been done in Splatoon with different types of squid, but would require a lot more balancing. Something that wouldn't mesh well with the original idea for experience gaining or the whole compatible mix and match gear pieces.
I think the mix-match gear customisation system in Splatoon is better than the different skins for Overwatch. But it's one of those things that can become combinatorially explosive when coupled with different types of characters.
I think Splatoon did better by being third person. Especially considering the focus on squid-kid mechanics.
Voice chat is a difficult point. From a team game perspective sure it's useful, from a in-universe perspective, unless it performs some real-time manipulation of your voice to sound like an inkling, things would feel less immersive for the sake of appealing to the hardcore e-sports crowd. They should have done better in the pre-recorded voice commands that you could assign to buttons though. Or maybe utilise the map a bit more, like being able to tap a spot to notify other players.
It'd be interesting to see how popular Overwatch is after a year.

From what I've seen overwatch looks fairly slow paced

The shills must be getting desperate if they're even coming in here.

You forget the lore of this game is that humans civilization is wiped out completely due to global warming causing a race war of Squids and Octupus to fight for land control and the Squids win driving the Octolings into the dirty depths of the kettles where they belong

2 0 T I C K S
T
I
C
K
S

Ok I will bite, they are 2 completely different games but I will still prefer Splatoon if only for the whole inking mechanic being able to change the whole dynamic of shooters.

Calie's smug face is even more evil than Marie's

Holy fuck, finally got around to trying this out with a Slosher… it's the best.

The Slosher isn't considered a cheap weapon is it?

Anyone wanna squad?

I think it's really good every time somebody gets me with one, but whenever I try to use it it seems just as balanced as any other weapon. The only objectively braindead weapons are the gals, dynamo rollers, and the vanilla e-litre, although the e-litre at least requires you to commit to a certain build in order to take advantage of the kits.

I should make an infographic about this, but you can throw splat bombs a variety of different ways, since their timer only ticks down while they're on the ground. You can do what I call "the depth charge," which is where you roll a splat bomb along the ground so it drops off a cliff just as it's about to explode. That means it'll blow as soon as it touches the ground beneath the cliff, which doesn't give your opponents any time to react.

You can also throw splat bombs at an upward ramp in front of you to bounce them up over the top of the ramp with the timer slightly depleted. Same principle as rolling them along the ground or throwing them at your feet.

super jump arrows also visually indicate when the super jumper will land - they start out solid and hollow out downward as the jumper gets closer to the point of impact. it took me months to notice this so i'm letting you know now

Good advice, and I wouldn't mind a weapon chart with strategies, strengths, and weaknesses for each weapon.

I was getting a little disheartened there when I was just constantly getting killed by higher level players, but this weapon has changed the whole game up for me. I've had several matches where I've been able to handle several players in the 20-30 range by myself.

Does anyone else have serious trouble on Splatzone?

Ride the tower is pretty simple, but my chances of going up a rank went down seriously today when they changed the rules/maps.

Just use a aerospray RG you will be fine

If you're having trouble with splatzone friend, and your team is reasonably competent (Probably not the case here) you can try getting your splatzone and defending it, preferably while not being in it but nearby, so squids thinking of the fastest path to the zone get splatted. If you can get 2 or 3 immediately that means your team can push ahead and with any bit of luck get it, allowing you to start pushing further into their territory to defend your map.

This is more noticeable on Moray Towers, Saltspray Rig, and Port Mackerel most notably, as Port allows for little in the ways of actual flanking, most squids are going to have to push one of 3 ways, giving you plenty of ambush points on what one at first glance would assume is a straight and easy shot, especially if they have to try and swim through your ink

This, to a certain extent. In early days I enjoyed the All-roundedness of the Aerospray RG for the modes. It dominated easily in Turf War, For Splatzones, Inkstrike was an instant clockstopper. For Tower Control, Ink mine triple kills.
But then the world got smart, No one falls for Ink mines anymore.
Also, the N-Zap '89 and Luna shortly specialised it in all areas except ink efficiency.

Man, I have the exact opposite problem. I can usually make some rank progress in splatzone, but tower control can go either way. Rainmaker should be just renamed the tearmaker.

I'm a big fan of N-Zap 89 for splatzones. I find the ink strike and sprinkler are really handy. I can't speak for anyone else, but for me, I always pay close attention to what my teammates are doing. If they seem to be mostly pushing and hunting down the other team, I stay hidden near the zone and make sure no one sneaks through to it. If your team seems to be sticking close to the zone, then I take it upon myself to slowly start pushing and trying to sneak up and hunt down the other team. If you notice that three or more of their team is dead, then you push like crazy. Try not to get cocky or reckless though. I try not to go for the kill unless I'm pretty certain that I can pull it off.

Oh, and try to never stay too long in the splatzone. If you die in it, then your explosion will cover a good portion of it in the enemy's ink, making their job easier.

Also, if you lose three matches in a row, switch to unranked and do some turfwar for a while. I find if you get in a losing rut, it starts to get to you, and you get sloppy and just make things worse.

Anybody have any good tips for rainmaker?

I try to forget about those entirely.

They should have a Saltspray display

EVERYDAY UNTIL YOU GIT GUD

Oh, shit, thanks for that tip. Wouldn't have noticed it myself, either.

have you tried not standing in the splatzone

Flounder heights SZ is pretty dope

Yes, Marie comes out on top everytime

check

check

check

["Now Or Never" playing in the background]

STOP

I have never preoredered anything in my life, don't do this to me Callie.

I still don't have the available Amiibos, I just was going to wait until the new ones comes out to get them all in one go.

That's fine
if you want to deal w/ scalpers

Well, you are not really missing out much honestly, short of a really cute looking school uniform and samurai wear (on a girl it looks cute). The armor set looks awful with clipping everywhere.

Now with these squid sisters amiibo, I find more of a reason to own them, because sometimes after playing for a while I'd want to watch them dance, I also just really love the figures.

Moray Towers and Saltspray Rig are shit maps, Urchin Underpass and Mahi-Mahi Resort are way better those poorly designed shit shows.
They may not be as bad as Port Mackerel but they're still pretty terrible

Please go shill your slow, imbalanced, casualised tf2 ripoff elsewhere.

Nope it is not.

Don't forget the Luna Blasters, Carbon Rollers, Custom Blaster, Krak-On Roller, Tentatek Splattershot, vanilla Tri-Slosher and vanilla Splattershot Jr.

How many time did these weapons rape you in order to make you believe that? How mad can one man be?

In all actuality I have never had a problem with Saltspray, even when the game first came out, in fact it became one of my favorite maps (a bit above Blackbelly, and much, much higher the Urchin Underpass) even when squids here were despising the map itself.

It's not like there's people coming out of to defend this, mind you, you linked 3 of my posts, but in terms of map tiers at least tower control and splatzones on Port Mackerel is actually fun

As for your brain dead weapon list, I'll give you the krak-on roller, I'll give you the luna Blaster, hell, I'll give you the fucking Tentatek Splattershot, but the Splattershot Jrs only real gimmick is the bubbler, beyond that it's a mid tier weapon

I don't really hate SZ but…

Justice Bumpu

Are the original inkling Amiibos still being made? Like, can I get one from someone other than a scalper?

nigger, learn to play video games

see also

Bump. 1 more day

Nigger don't blame the map for your own failings.

Moray is shit, though, you are right on that…. However that's more because I main Octobrush and you can't really brush that map in practially any mode without the team carrying you. Urchin (modern) and Mahi are both decent, and Mackrel is kinda bad, so we agree there too…

W E W L A D
E
W
L
A
D

Bruh, calm your shit. Lunas and Dynamos should die, yes, but ELiters have been chemo'd into being bearable (due to the recent undercharged range nerf making dam up not the best build), and the OP gal has been nerfed (still kinda braindead, tho, I'll give you that).
The others you listed… git gud man, git gud.

SALTSPRAY RIG IS LITTERALLY THE BEST MAP WHERE I ALSO LIKE ALL MODES ON IT

fuck moray and mahi mahi

Whaddid you say about Moray?

More like

If you aren't into retarded niche garbage it's simply not worth it.

Arrowana wouldn't be so bad as a calamari processing plant if there was any room for some sort of counter play in flanking, even Moray beats Arrowana on that. I think it was how they messed with the center areas chain linked platforms that really fucked with any reasonable flanking.

As much as I appreciate the bloodborne reference, that is one edgy squid.

At least her hat is pretty fresh

Have you remembered to spank or bully a squid boy today, Holla Forums?

I think my local Walmart still has the blue boy and orange girl

SALT SPRAY RIG IS BORING

FUCKING WOMEN AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

mynintendonews.com/2016/05/27/target-stocking-special-splatoon-and-zelda-pyjamas/

We just listed a Japanese female youtuber in the thread…

see
you, too, can feel like a little squid girl

Yes perfect

Still looking for that dame that popped in our private battles a few days ago. She had nice brunette hair and a lovely smile. As I sipped my Bourbon on the rocks and pondered. Where was she.

Being a detective squid is hard unpaying work…

You mean cosplaying a crossplayer.

Fag detected.

WOOMY SWAG

quads

*teleports behind you*
*unholsters .96 Gal*
Nothing personnel, squid

WOOMY SWAG

VIDEO GAMES

**it was a hologram**

BATTLE of '96
TOMORROW NIGHT IF WE CAN MANAGE

Instead of Saturday because of god damned obligations.

Czeched. Now awaiting countdown to anniversary and new thread.

Preordered Callie, Marie and Inkling boy amiibo. Ok someone can shoot me now.

Do you think the Japs will take filthy GAIJIN money for those dioramas? I wouldn't mind snagging one of those but not sure if they'd import

Carbon Roller:-
A roller made for people who are too stupid to use Inkbrushes.
Flick spam.
Fast flick speed makes burst cancelling super easy.
Flick is so fast you have no time to react if you get sneak attacked.
Flicking while at the top of a climbable wall allows it to safely attack enemies on the ledge above and stay on the wall.

Tentatek Splattershot:-
Unlike most weapon in the game it's useful in all game modes.
Special negates the weapons only weakness.
Is a bitch to fight against with any weapon because it's so versatile.

Krak-On Roller:-
Literally designed for retards who suck at the vanilla Splat Roller.
Unnecessary special since the weapon is already good in close quarters.
Literally only strategy is to fill up special meter, use special when attacked to scare away/kill the enemy or run away, repeat.

Splattershot Jr:-
Same strategy as the Krak-On Roller.

Tri-Slosher:-
Basically an even easier Splattershot Jr.
Same strategy as the Krak-On Roller again.
Killing enemies is extremely easy because of the bubbler + disruptor combo.

Custom Blaster:-
Same strategy as KOR, SSJr and Tri-S.
When in a fight spam shots in your enemies general direction until they either die or retreat.(same goes for any blaster that isn't a Rapid Blaster or Ranged Blaster)
Killing made even easier with the point sensor + bubbler combo.

Let me enlighten you on why SSR is shit.
First off you're forced to fight on narrow walkways surrounded by death drops, these walkways limit a players options when fighting an enemy. This is made especially apparent by rollers as their flicks can cover the entire width of the walkway, if gun your has less range than the roller then your only option is to fall back since there is no room for you to safely strafe around the rollers attacks.
Secondly RM and TC fucking suck on this map because it was obviously designed with SZ and TW in mind.
Thirdly despite being so poorly designed it's pant shittingly easy to win TW matches there. All you have to do is ink the top two platforms and then ink one quarter of the lower walkways or if the enemy has taken over the top platforms instead focus on inking all of the lower platforms and walkways.
Fourthly the large container platform at the top of the map is a waste space that has no use in any game mode, it'd be better if they replaced it walkways that link around to the one at the front of the map.

My post above explains why it's shit.
Arowana is no where near as shit Saltspray and Moray, at least I'm not forced into narrow as fuck walkways that reduce my approach options and make my movements predictable.
Arowana and Moray do have something in common though. It's easy for E-Litres to camp the middle chokepoint and stop the enemy team from progression.
Their range is too fucking long, depending on the map they can camp a spot and stop an entire from advancing if don't have an E-Litre of their own.
Still they're pretty fucking annoying, sloshers may be two hit kills but at least they don't have the same range as an SS Pro and you can avoid their shots easier than gals.
This is very indicative of something.

Order it from playasia mate, they are up for preorder now.

Also bump limit reached

I anxiously await the Callie hotgluing videos

Day 1 from Japan I bet

Thanks fam, I'll be doing that once this all gets sorted out

Happy Anniversary Splatoon, thanks for being one of the few new games that has restored my faith in video games being fun, and having one of the comfiest communities bar none

THANK YOU SPLATOON

It's 1 AM 28th May here.

I call dibs making the next thread.

6 more pages to go fam

It was Thursday night when I posted.

NEXT THREAD IS THANK YOU, SPLATOON EDITION or ANNIVERSARY EDITION

If one of you makes the new thread then don't fuck it up.

I'm making it user gotta wait till page 11 or 13

An anniversary of Marie being best sister

Welp time for the Anniversary thread

New thread