Nipponese Learning Thread: Every Idol is Best Idol (Assumeing She's Not Poor) Edition

Why aren't you learning Nipponese user?

Don't you want to play games without censorship, memes, the ability to play as a girl cut out because 8-4 couldn't be assed to record a few more lines of dialog, new bugs, incomprehensible accents, name changes or plothole inducing age ups? Don't you want to play all those Nipponese only games that will never be released in English?

google.com/url?q=https://docs.google.com/document/d/1ynwmcFwy0ccT70cVRp-G97fYlcf-GYZ86T62SvQMDdY/pub?embedded=true&sa=D&ust=1453325614194000&usg=AFQjCNHsfuahFvAqJk5XVfcmGnalXnfPtA

If you're already learning or already know Nipponese post the Nipponese only games you are playing and the Nipponese only games you hope to play.

Random Nipponese Only Game of the Thread: Idolmaster series.

Other urls found in this thread:

testyourvocab.com/
hukumusume.com/douwa/betu/index.html
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Japanese-Language_Proficiency_Test#Applications_and_results
jlpt.jp/samples/sample12.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Just face it.
Japanese is an incredibly foreign language.
There are more than a million Kanji in the Japanese language and each has more than a hundred reading. Learning just a single character takes deep concentration and meditation over a period of several months.
Every gaijin that has attempted to learn japanese has collapsed from exhaustion and ended up in comas. Why do you think these threads are so slow. They are as dead as the anons that have tried.
You think you can do better than them?
You think you can do all that?
Ha, fat chance.

You can't learn Japanese, you ばか

Gee, Haruka, why do you get to wear TWO fancy ribbons?

黙れ!

All idols are whores.

Does 侠 actually mean "tomboy"? It shows up as that in a dictionary, but I've never seen it used standalone and searches find jack.

おてんば seems to be the standard word for tomboy, but I don't know if 侠 is ever sued.

Jokes on you fag. Spanish has a similar form of reading letters as the japanese, every sylabe is read the same every time and it doesn't have all that context pronunciation bullshit english does.

It's the fourth language I'm learning, and I'll not loose against a bunch of fuckers who's language hasn't changed in 2000 years.

Actually the Nipponese language changed pretty substantially around the Meiji revolution.

伊織以外それは本当だ

Never seen 侠 used for tomboy, but it's not like I've read anything harder than light novels and simple newspaper articles. I'd stick with the ever-present おてんば

Why is Yayoi so stupid?

伊織は原田さんのワイフだ

nuke this board

おっさんは嘘つき糞、伊織会ったことない。

What a coincidence, I've been playing the Idolmaster on the PS3 a lot recently.

she knows how to suck dick why does she need to know how to speak?

伊織は処女天使。 原田みたいなくそじじい達は幻覚を見ているだけさ

Sh-shutup! I can read hiragana and katakana decently and am slowly building a vocabulary. I only know a couple kanji so far but once I feel like I have a decent enough vocabulary I'll start playing games and learn kanji as I go along.

What are some games/anime that would work for learning kanji. Ive got kana down and want an interactive way to learn the rest

After 10 years of studying English as foreign language (school + Internet) testyourvocab.com/ shows approx. 18 000 words. If I can learn even 1000 kanji it would be enough to at least get the general picture when reading simple texts. Learning words instead of kanji is easier, without context they are harder to memorize.

I'll either succeed learning Japanese or die trying.
But I'll never give up.

Never give up!

Anyone else playing Love Plus? It's pretty good daily practice, since it has a lot of casual dialog, runs on a real time clock, and has a voice recognition mode to chat with your waifu for speaking practice.

I kinda of regret picking Rinko as my waifu though, I should have went with my first choice of Nene…

Just pick anything that you've already played before in English. Preferably a VN or RPG since those have the most dialog.

For those of you who've been studying for awhile, do you actually play all the Japanese games you can in Japanese, or just some of them? I've been at this for a few years and for awhile there I played most Japanese games in Japanese, though lately I've started playing some in English. Only ones that got or seem like they got good localizations though. Still, there's some I always play in Japanese, like Final Fantasy (most JRPGs actually, but not all of them) and Persona. Persona I definitely prefer in Japanese since it takes place in Japan anyway. Oddly enough, I prefer SMT in English (except SMT I and II, because there's no English version of the PSX versions). I haven't even played SMT IV: Final yet because I'm just waiting for the English version.

I had to choose what to drop between learning to 3D model, program and japanese

I dropped japanese.

I'm a weak man, good luck to yall

Well local games are much cheaper than imports, so for systems that I can't pirate I go for the English version. Plus my listening comprehension is way behind my reading comprehension, so modern games with only voice acting are a bit above my level.

I've been playing most other games in Japanese though, and also replaying a lot of older games I liked but in Japanese this time.

Yeah, that's also a reason I go the English route too. It's a pain in the ass on the Vita though. I don't have one yet, but I'm buying one in a few days and I plan on buying Persona 4 Golden from the Japanese PSN because, as I said, I like playing Persona in Japanese. 18 dollars more than the English version unfortunately, but that's a game I can deal with paying a bit more for the version I want. I'd like to buy the English version of Muramasa though since I don't care too much about what language I play that one in, but due to Sony going Jew mode and only allowing one account per memory card, I won't really have any choice but to buy the Japanese version since I'll have a Japanese account on that system.

Yeah the Vita is a nightmare for imports compared to the PS3/4. I already have a lot of games on my NA PSN account for Vita, so it's infeasible for me to use a Japanese account since I'll lose access to all those games.

Because I am already too busy becoming Slav. I already know how to pronounce all the moonrunes (It only takes half-a-day)

二人は中庭のべンチでお互いの気持ちを確かめ合うように唇を重ね、次第に体を求め合う。
The two are kissing at the courtyard's bench to confirm their feelings for each other gradually requesting each others bodies.

What does it really say?

Why don't you adopt a goal that will actually make your miserable life worth living?

It'll be a cold day in Hell before I learn a single gook rune, shit is fucking stupid and only "useful" for jerking off to Malaysian Puppet Shows

although I also live a rather dominantly German part of my state and work in a German bakery, hence why I'm also learning German

They aren't kissing, they are stacking their lips.

Because gooks and chinks are the fucking enemy. Don't you faggots realize what's going on here? Chinese cartoons and moonspeak? This is all a plot by those god damn japs to take over the world. First they take over your pathetic NEET mind and win your loyalty by mass producing moeshit gook cartoons, which they know you faggots will eat up, and now they are managing to get you speak their fucking gook language? What's next? They give you a plane with a pin-up of your stupid gook "wife-fuu" on it and send you off to destroy your home countries? How can you faggots even fucking be this stupid? And I just KNOW some of you must be fucking Americans, just eager to finish the job those fucking savages started in Pearl Harbor. You traitorous freedom-hating cowards disgust me. This is all a plot by the yellow jew, and you need to wake up. Stop these fucking threads, stop the fucking gookspeak, stop with the stupid children cartoons, and stop being a traitorous yellow-belly dog who's no better than those fucking japs. Literally any language is better than this one, even niggerspeak and kikespeak.

Daily reminder that
TWO NUKES WERE NOT ENOUGH
W
O

N
U
K
E
S

W
E
R
E

N
O
T

E
N
O
U
G
H

you gook-loving faggots this isn't even vidya kill yourselves

You are trying so hard to posture it's actually kind of cute

Tell any you meet futari tarinakatta.

You're seeing things where there is nothing to see, gaijin

Kind of suprising, seeing the English version has higher production value than the Japanese one. Even though the English voice acting really is mediocre at best, it is suprising that all the characters in the English version is voiced, while there is no voice acting in the Japanese version.

TODOKETE

I couldn't help it, I just fell for her.

Warum möchtest du Deutsch lernen user?

I don't see how learning German is any more useful than learning Japanese in your situation.

I played it. Too boring for me after the dating phase begins. The immersion in this thing is amazing though.

And Rinko is the only one I haven't done yet, no motivation.

Yeah, the game becomes really fucking boring after you actually start dating.

nice double dubs

The friend part is definitely better as a game, since it has a lot more events and stuff. The girlfriend part is good for checking a few times a day, but it's boring if you try and play it like a regular game.

I played through the friend part again to get Nene this time and abandoned the date I had planned with Rinko.

Eternal Ring was a launch title in Nippon and came out half a year latter in the west. They might not have had the time to do VA.

Help

I didn't get grammar until I started actually playing games, try that or some other kind of reading practice.

What did you use to learn it?
I used a mix of Tae Kim and Japanese the manga way and it worked well.

Genki

Guys I think I suck at learning vocab in anki.
I personally don't think it's that bad, but I only get around 40-60% right everyday.

I mean I sometimes learn at work so I can't really concentrate so I guess that could explain it.

But still I get 150 reviews at 500 words I learned it total.

On /a/ djt they say 70% right is a bad day…

As best I can tell, it's a phrase that indicates a reason for something, along with other potentially unsaid reasonings. Is that close?

With some googling, I saw a very small 3-post thread on the defunct Tae Kim forums saying it's okay to think of it as "there is also the fact that", or "you also have to consider that." Said poster said it was okay to simplify it as "Because."

Is that a proper way of understanding it?

I'd recommend Tae Kim's guide to grammar too. I made the mistake of downloading Rosetta Stone and wasted so much time learning only bits and pieces of phrases. Tae Kim's guide actually explains sentence structures and particles quite well.

Seriously dude, watch Namasensei's first few grammar videos and then do Tae Kim. After that read some easy manga.

I don't think Namasensei is effective after a certain point but the few first lessons where he builds and dissembles sentences and particles are helpful as fuck.

What would be considered 'easy manga'?

Some time ago an user in one of these threads posted this link:

hukumusume.com/douwa/betu/index.html

It's a site with a bunch of short children's stories. I've found it to be excellent practice, though it doesn't have furigana so you'll have to hunt for kanji readings with Rikaichan and Jisho.

Furigana is bad for learning anyway. It's like training wheels, you don't learn until you take 'em off.

This thread inspired me to fire up Anki again after a 2 month dry spell. I was surprised that I managed to remember quite a few kanji I had learned months ago. Also, is there a way to turn off furigana on the anki deck? I can read the cards way faster just by ignoring them, but they are kind of an eyesore after a while.

user's give me your energy

Currently playing Gundam Breaker 2 and Monster Hunter X, getting ready for Caligula and Refrain and Gyakuten 6 next month.

Not him, but now I'm at the point where I learn new readings for kanji or get where each reading is used reinforced more. It's a bad habit to rely on them, but they do have merit even later in learning.

Yotsubato, To Love Ru

Taking the N5 on July 3rd.

I'm going to pass the vocab, fail the grammar and somehow get negative points in listening, I guarantee it.

bump

for who? by the way these are the only options.

Is N5 that easy? I've been studying for years, but have never bothered taking any of those exams.

I imagine it's easy for people who've studied more than half a year, but take a look at the certified percentages here:
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Japanese-Language_Proficiency_Test#Applications_and_results

Only 57% passed the N5 in the second 2013 exam.

There's some older test papers and answer sheets here:
jlpt.jp/samples/sample12.html
If you feel like testing yourself.

Not once even.

It's more like

Help me anons.

Yeah, I pretty much feel the same way.

Want to be friends?

tell me more

I'm a college dropout working dead-end jobs. I had no real ambitions before I started learning Japanese; now it's the only thing that gives me hope for a brighter future. Maybe it will lead me to meaningful employment, maybe not, but at least I'll have a respectable skill.

I've just been having a bit of trouble staying focused lately. I was wanting someone to study with, or maybe just swap notes.

I don't know, I'll probably just distract you from your studies.
I'm a useless human being that won't be able to help you out with anything I think.
I'm even struggling with my anki reps.

In all honesty, I don't think this will work because you may end up getting more distracted than you will with learning

I wouldn't mind a study buddy. How would you like to contact each other?

You can add me on steam here.

steamcommunity.com/id/runtimeM1/

I have some advice after studying for almost 6 months.

For vocab use memrise and study the N5 Japanese Vocab lesson. It'll take you several months as I've only learned ~800/1200 words but I learn a few every night.

For grammar I think Human Japanese is a neat program to use. I got it recently after torrenting version 2.0 since I couldn't find a 3.0 version (only difference I could tell though was just a bit more polish and a lvling system

I am so fucking confused. This isn't even an english 3DS, so it's not like that caused anything. Why the fuck would they have the first half or so of the intro cutscene have english subtitles when the game never even got an english release, nor has any of the other games in the series? They weren't Engrish-y either.

I've noticed a lot of stuff in Japanese games is randomly in English; mainly menus. Both of these screenshots are from the same Japanese game.

Is there something memrise does better than the vocab deck from the startup guide?

Just curious cause I rarely see anyone using memrise.

It has a point system which can keep you engaged. Does well review sessions. Has a phone app. Lets you set a daily goal so once you reach say, 10k points then you feel like you learned some NipNong for that day. It's just really convenient and with Anki, well I think the point tracking provides a better incentive to study the vocab rather than reading through a boring deck. You can also easily add in some tips/pictures for each word to remember them by and look at ones others have posted. Has a really nice user interface as well and automatically sets up review sessions for you very quickly and you can even do "speed" reviews which is nice

If you're trying to motivate yourself by grinding for points instead of soldiering on because of a love/desire to learn the language, then you're doing something wrong.

Why are you saging? These threads have a hard enough time staying alive as it is.

It's a nice little incentive to do more than most others. If I'm at rank 500 I know I can do better so I climb the leaderboards by learning. There's nothing wrong with using it. Having a desire to learn the language and having yourself be graded through points are not mutually exclusive

This is what I get for thinking about playing Japanese games in English, I guess.

Looks interesting, will look into it once I finish my yotsubato deck.
I'm currently using 2 anki decks and have 2 books I plan on reading so I don't really have much time left to try other stuff.

Pretty much user. You get what you pay for. Just keep an eye out for sales when they happen.

I was weak again today.
I just pressed good on the last 20 cards and instead of reading my grammar book like I planned after work, I just drunk alcohol and watched anime again.

I should probably end myself.

Holy fuck don't do that, if you need a break just turn off new cards for a while, your revision time will quickly come down to 10 mins or so.

I have no idea what the first half means, but watching anime can be good practice for listening so don't feel bad.

It's sad to say but I already did that, I pressed good on cards that I already had to review for the last few days cause I couldn't remember them.

Stupid shit like the day after tomorrow and such.

Yeah but my stupid ass watched them dubbed. (friend gave me a dubbed german BR)

Ah yeah, that's not going to be terribly helpful. Oh well, 気を取り直して再チャレンジ!

ANAL
IDOL

What's a good source of NTSC-J ISOs?

Today was better, I guess I've just overdid it with my 2books and 2decks I'm grinding.