It’s not just YOU: Massive internet outage is sweeping the East Coast

If it seems like your internet browsing is hitting more walls than possible today, you’ll be happy to know that it’s not your computer. A massive Amazon Web Services (AWS) outage is striking down lots and lots of web pages, leading to huge hiccups on a number of domains. Amazon is reporting the issue on its AWS dashboard, citing “Increased Error Rates,” which is a fancy way of saying that something is seriously broken.

Amazon Web Services is the cloud services arm of Amazon, and its Amazon Simple Storage Service (S3) is used by everyone from Netflix to Reddit. When it goes down — or experiences any type of increased latency or errors — it causes major issues downstream, preventing content from loading on web pages and causing requests to fail.

“We’ve identified the issue as high error rates with S3 in US-EAST-1,” Amazon explains on its services tracking page, adding that the issue “is also impacting applications and services dependent on S3. We are actively working on remediating the issue.”

bgr.com/2017/02/28/internet-outage-amazon-web-services/

archive.is/rDa7O

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.is/vM6uA
archive.is/9tPCU
twitter.com/AnonBabble

fuckinkikesman

sage

It's like our internet infrastructure is shit or something.

this kinda shit happens pretty often due to having shit infrastructure. What are you getting at user?

Holla Forums is down about 300 UIDs (we tend to hover around 2700 these days when there aren't happenings, but shoot up to 3200ish during happenings)

Speaking of which, we're overdue a happening. Blessed Ron Paul please deliver a happening unto us.

fuk, can't find the screenshot anymore
there was a guy a few weeks ago who said there would be massive internets outage in prelude for shit like crackdowns, riots, would-be revolution, stuff like that
he sounded serius, was mocked, and didn't give more details
anyone remember it?

(checked)

(checked)
Careful what you wish for, user. Those dubs are dangerous, so meme responsibly.

Doesn't this technically qualify as a happening? Sure there aren't the typical fires, riots and rapes but if the circus stays down for much longer it's going to get interesting.

Don't we have a stickied thread discussing AWS and CIA doing deals?

Back to cuckland new friend

good?

FIRST CLOUDFARE, NOW AWS.

OUTSOURCE TALENT AND SERVICES, GET FUCKED OVER.

this smells deliberate.

PERHAPS.

Who would need amazon to get online though? makes no sense to me.

This is coming from ignorance so I might as well be rubbing my face on the keyboard but I believe amazon sells or rents services to ISPs around the world.

JIDF BOTS OPERATING ON AWS TBH

reminder to back up your memes psychically. jews might shoah the whole internet

AWS services are down in N.Virginia. Hmm who has a 600 million dollar deal with the CIA.

CRASHING THESE SERVERS

What are you talking about, we've had nothing but a constant, rolling happening since Trump got into office.

Wasn't there a similar incident dealing with different infrastructure just last year where a ton of people couldn't make it onto the internet at all? It's almost as if somebody is testing out what methods are effective for cutting people off from the network.

Would be a good way to introduce Web 2.0

They regularly have "technical difficulties" when happenings are going on. The kill switch is real and the meshnet can't happen soon enough.

Happened when WikiLeaks tweeted part of their dead mans switch. Took down my work services that entire day.

I'm talking ZimZam scale, Ferguson chimpout scale, Pulse and Dallas scale happenings.

Citation?

Experience. Look it up yourself. I don't need to lazy ass.

I REMEMBER THAT HAPPENING TBH, WAS ONLY A COUPLE MONTHS AGO.

FILTERED FOR BEING TOO MUCH A LAZY FUCK, TBH.

WikiLeaks has been silent for 20 hours on Twitter. Unusual.

It was a pretty big event. Surprised that you don't remember it…
Found it: archive.is/vM6uA

Thanks famalama, went through a stint where going on Holla Forums was not possible.

I was more of talking about the wikileaks part of that event but thanks anyway.

https: //twitter.com/wikileaks/status/787777344740163584

I'm probably misremembering but wasn't that a code for a specific image and not part of the hex key for the insurance file?

Bro…
Here's an archive of the first one as proof: archive.is/9tPCU
Supposedly they turned out to be for the 'insurance files' if I remember correctly.

I'm retarded.

put everything in the cloud goy. Its the modern way!

the blood is on your hands now user

rejoice, more happenings await

Cloud computing = use my server to host your data. I swear I won't look at it :^)

AWS is reporting all problems fixed services coming back online.

thankfully our predictions pretty much guarantee that such a happening doesn't come to pass. Holla Forums is pretty fubar at predicting anything. A side effect of being able to simply 'know' the truth and reveal it on any topic live during an happening. The day we successfully predict a happening, it is likely 'THE' happening, and none of us are going to notice it except for Nostradamus user going 'see, fuck you guys for ignoring me'.

So don't fear. Just know the moment happenings hit. We are your first and foremost place to find the real deal.