Other urls found in this thread:

doom.wikia.com/wiki/Daisy
youtube.com/watch?v=yuOObGjCA7Q
youtube.com/watch?v=6A4-SVUHQYI
youtube.com/watch?v=euLLcwmNKJI
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Are you serious right now, OP?

He never actually played the game.

You've never actually played the game, bastard.

Congratulations, you've discovered that cover art in the 90's took a few artistic liberties.
Idiot.

Couldve been worse.

I DISCOVERED THAT YOU'RE WRONG, ASSHOLE

But that's a Baron of Hell

Who the fuck was this guy?

Doomguy is actually the one holding the gun at the bottom, not the guy in the middle.

Venomguy?

I think OP should be banned for being underage.

I mean honestly, who doesn't know that 90's art seldom had anything to do with the game.

Perfect example is pic related.

Yes, that IS Megaman holding a fucking gun.

The one 'holding' the gun at the bottom is another demon my man

But the gun has those little attachments that you see in one of the other demons. So are we seeing this through the perspective of a demon?

That's a good question.

More importantly, what kind of gun is this? Is it supposed to be the chaingun? I don't remember it looking like that.

Why is not Mega Man so much more interesting?

Yes

plot of Doom4.jpg

Doomguy running towards his bestfriend to help.

Doomguy had a hard life

Why didn't he tell his buddy not to wear armor that exposes his abs. The vanity, and for what? Who's gonna be impressed by your abs on Mars, man? there's no chicks, just demons.

If you look closely, you can see that that part of his armor was torn by a demon.

fucking degenerates

Doomguy also has open abs armor. They were two friend being funny and showing off their core workout to the other guys. Then the demons came.

good call.

DOOMguy

Demon

Still kick ass shit man

co-op buddy.

So is D44M any good?

I've seen recent footage and the only thing that really bothers me are the kill animations and the BROWN BROWN BROWn.

It's the same to old Doom as Dishonored is to Thief.

Can someone shoop it so the guy is sitting/reclining in a chair/sofa?

Here the summaries of NuDoom by user in the DOOM 4 thread

which means what?

Shit-tier smug humor at expense of saying something worthwhile.

Holy shit is that a cool haircut or what?

That's Doomguy.

I dunno if you noticed, but the guy up front is about to get fucking murdered.

No you dummies, if you look closer, you'll see that part of his uniform has been ripped off, all those dumbasses who have always thought the doomguy just had his abs showing are blind.

Doomguy's exposed midriff is the wellspring of his power

I bet you jack off to his abs until you rip and tear your foreskin, you sicko.

I haven't played the game myself, what more needed to be said?

At least there's Serious Sam 4 to look forward to.

nice projection GAYLORD

confirmed for never fucking having played any doom game

Y-you don't understand.

Cuckchan is a better place to shill.

Hey man, there's nothing gay about waxing your night train to a man and a half

I kinda wish there were modern doom games in those particular art styles. If the psx and the DooM 2 doomguy vs cyberdemon were remade into modern renditions, I would buy both games instantly in a heartbeat. If one thing that has intrigued me since i was a kid about the DooM franchise were their artists for the front covers of their games.

There are legitimate criticisms to make, but lying just makes you a silly willy.

Speaking of Doomguy, do you think he could beat Quakeguy?

Quakeguy had a hard life

It's more about what wasn't needed to be said.

The second image is just slightly rambling, but the first one is on full shitposting-mode. Just because you represent something as a joke doesn't really tell the reader why he should agree with you.

Quakeguy rides the propuulsion of rocket laucnher blasts and fought Sub-Niggurath and hordes of Dark-young.

Doom guy fought demons, a race of beings that exist to parody the likes of primordial chaos that spawned the outer gods and subsequently, great old ones.

So no, Quakeguy is leagues superior to doomguy, Taking on avatars of lovecratian shit is the highest paragon of enemy defeat in videogames.

Doomguy can beat hordes of demons, Quakequy never fought more than 5 random mooks at the same time and even that was always a struggle.

Doomguy would make a great butcher.

Why the hell is pre Ascend Tribes discussion here non existent

I thought I was the only one who noticed this.

Those are fucking rad, what are you talking about?

No, doomguy is the gun at the bottom of the screen who you're seeing the whole shot's perspective from.

D44M feels like TFA so much, it's not even funny.
Better than 3, but people are very easily impressed by new shiny installment that will be forgotten in a year.
Also expect yearly dose of nu-Doom

everything is shills user

must be from Polygon

No user, you are the shills

not at all though.

I miss those days sometimes.

This is the greatest thread on Holla Forums right now, and I couldn't have done it without you guys.

If I remember right, there was a rifle or something in doom that never made it out of the alpha version. The in game sprite of doom guy also shows him holding a rifle no matter what weapon he actually has out.

That's clearly one of the demons' gun arms. Why would doomguy be on the same side as the demons?

Wrong.
The gun and the hand belong to the same demon.

Is the doom guy in the first game the same guy in the new game?

these demons are really muscular and kinda…mmmhmm ;)

You are correct, and notice the expression of the demon face in the foreground. He's looking at the camera's perspective with a smile on his face, like a brother in arms, as if to say "We're about to tear this green faggot apart"

Stop

There were something like 3 different variations. Or two, and an Mp40 looking thing.

You can get them in the beta versions of Doom, I even ripped one for a wad I was working on.

I feel like Doom Guy may eventually join the Demons considering Humanity will probably die and all the military has let him down.
(besides the marines that died and helped doom guy on his journey)

didja know that the best way of derailing a thread is to demand people to stop shitposting?

YOU FUCKING IDIOTS WHO THINK THE GUY IN THE MIDDLE LIKES TO KEEP HIS MIDRIFF EXPOSED ARE FUCKING RETARDED. LOOK AT THE GUY IN THE BACK, HIS UNIFORM IS IN TACT.

THOSE ARE UNIFORMS

You're wrong though

brove eet

Why can't it be possible that one of the guys just thinks himself such a badass that he doesn't need to wear abgear?

If you look closely it is just cloth, even on the guy in the background.
The guy in the middle has his ripped from demons.

Because he's still wearing a helmet.

The funny thing is there's no trace of it in the end image.

Well you always wear a helmet ya dingus, he's daring not stupid.
Safety First, user

Also the armor pickups don't have an exposed midriff so it could be a different model

wow what the hell is that?

Daisy, Doomguy's pet rabbit

That's Doomguy's pet rabbit torn apart by demons.
I know because i watched the Creepy Bad Endings episode.

The armor pickup is literally just the chest.

It's Doomguy's pet rabbit that the demons impaled on a spike just outside the doorway from hell back to earth.

Go play the fucking game you shit.

(checked)
It might be short like in (checked) but it doesn't have a huge cutout like on the boxart

You need to leave

Confirmed for being a mouth breathing retard. I was referring to armor upgrades.

But fuck you anyway you retarded cunt.

I know pretty much nothing about the game. So the recap in the screencap isn't true?

I might of been wrong (My posts are the first ones screencapped apparently)

Ammo isn't universal, but every ammo-type gets dropped at once so you pretty much are never needing to go looking for specific ammo.

Oh my god, are those tits?

Enjoying summer vacation, OP?

Does your mom know you're browsing h8ebechan?

Multiplayer is halo.
Singleplayer is okay.

There's some design decisions I like-the normal shotgun can get a grenade launcher that you can unlock shrapnel for, turning it into an unreal tournament-esque flak cannon for example, but the second picture in covers many problems.
There are inaccuracies in it though.

You don't actually 'need' glory kills. If your health or ammo drops before a certain amount, you get a bit of both when you kill something. It's not a lot, but it's enough to get you out of the red usually.
Glory kills 'only' give you health on top of whatever drops, so if you're a greedy bastard then sure, off you go. There is a passive that gives you ~3 or 6 armour when you glory kill as well though.
Especially towards the end of the game, pickups are actually decent and I stopped using the glory kills almost entirely. For reference I played on 'Nightmare' which is the second-hardest difficulty and hardest you can play at the start. A direct hit from a Mancubus would take off~ 60 health in one shot.
There's also a passive you can unlock to speed up the glory kills, making them break the flow less.

The chainsaw will make an enemy drop every type of ammo. I have reservations about it but I get the logic; you get the chainsaw in the second level, and you can replay levels with everything you've unlocked in your profile (you can have up to three) so there 'needs' to be a way to keep the later game weapons stocked with ammo. Because the chainsaw uses fuel to kill, you now have to weigh up-especially later game-if you want the ammo, or the enemy dead. The Baron of Hell pretty much oneshots you with his projectile, and he fucks you up in melee, so being able to quickly bring one down can be a godsend.

Glory kills have invincibility frames while using them-the second those animations end-so before you actually pick up the drops-you are vulnerable again, so you can potentially die before you even benefit from doing it.

The biggest letdowns in my opinion are mostly to do with AI. Everything seems to want to melee you. The mancubus 'should' stay relatively still and saturation fire, denying you movement. Bonus points if it seeks out high ground. The Revenant's rockets need to be homing/have tighter curving. Currently they chase you while firing projectiles mainly. The Imps actually impressed me-they keep moving in the larger areas, they throw the fireballs as they run by you, they're really great to fight against. So's the baron of hell, and Pinkie/Hell Knights both try and chase you down, forcing you to keep moving and (to an extent) lose track of the other enemies and have you possibly lose track of projectiles. They doesn't feel like there's enough of the projectiles though, or the enemies are perhaps being used as intelligently as they could; the Baron of Hell seems to really like trying to melee you, yet he'll try it even if a Hell Knight or pinkie is chasing you down as well. He'd be better used punting projectiles at you.

Towards the end of the game, I found pickups were decent enough for me to not bother with the chainsaw especially, the health drops were decent, and the big fights were meaty and fun, but lacking verticle suppression. It feels more like quake than Doom, perhaps due to the Z-axis being in the game. It's not a festering pile of shit, and I did enjoy it.

Then again, I got it off a cdkey website for nearly half price after it had been released and I' watched gameplay vids and stuff. I certainly wouldn't pay full price for it, and fuck the season pass.

Yea?

loot at the right side of his middle, that's a tear. retard

intact is one word.

I kerned your mother

True quality posts

doom.wikia.com/wiki/Daisy

Alright, so I never played the original Doom. Well, that's not true, I've played it a bit, but I never played for an extensive amount of time, and I've only played the first one. I may get around to playing them at some point, but that's not what I'm trying to get at here. Those of you who have played the old games, you got any videos an user could watch to grasp a bit of the "lore" and possibly some videos that go in depth about Bethesda's Doom that maybe explain what it got wrong?

Think anyone's gone full autismo and gotten that haircut?

Look more closely at the images here and here
You can see the red around the hip. The brown fur only comes up above the waist on the front of the demon, while the ass is still red.

just shut your flapping lips you giant clown.

Play the old games, niggeroïd.

So you've got nothing then? Anyone else? I mean, surely if you've got some grievances with the way this new game was handled, you'd be able to clearly formulate a reasonable argument with them, right? Surely you're not just bitter oldfags who want to suck the teat of nostalgia until it's drier than the Sahara, right?

I don't know, anymore…

I don't know….

Isn't it weird that demons were once good? And that their just edgy angels lel

If you play the old ones before reading other's opinions on it, you will understand better what happened with the new one once you do find those videos.

Fair point.

I am really kinda conflicted about it. In a way, their primal physical prowess, rough but fit and animalistic appearance and unapologetic dominant behaviour makes me moist, but the tendency of being kind of dicks and just seeking to cause as much pain as possible without any proper reason turns me off.

good in the sense that they followed orders without questioning?

They were cast out only when they questioned god.

yes :3c

The fallen angels, with lucifel as their leader tried to overthrow god. Thats why Lucifel's sin is pride, he thought he was better than god.

That always bothered me more than the cover showing some nonexistent small version of cyberdemons or something.

Also I was never quite sure what the deal was the full chrome plating of the ribs or whatever that is, doesn't seem necessary for the rocket launchers. Also, why only give the demons who died once the handy dandy homing rocket launchers? And why are they even skeletons, Doomguy either leaves demons with bullet holes but otherwise intact or a pile of hamburger with no skeleton either.

Everything you need to know is shown in the intermission scenes and the win screens after clearing an episode. No cutscenes, no flow-breaking, no bullshit, just go ahead and shoot things.
Check Classic Doom for the intermissions and the lore about the original Doom episodes.

Now, I don't know if there are any videos that dissect nuDoom yet and I'm not going to look for them but you should read what the anons here have posted about it. However, there are a lot of videos that explain why Doom is so good.
I recommend these two videos about Doom, they are in-depth and well detailed.
youtube.com/watch?v=yuOObGjCA7Q
youtube.com/watch?v=6A4-SVUHQYI

>youtube.com/watch?v=6A4-SVUHQYI

okay
but what about

Thanks for an actual response, user. At least there are still some anons here who give a shit about thoughtful analysis of their favorite vidya, not like the first two dipshits who gave shitpost responses.

No. Doomguy's massive arsenal of hitscan weapons is superior to quakeguy's shitty projectile weapons.

Is there any console command for clearing corpses in DOOM II? I get slowdowns when there's too many corpses in screen despites having a nice CPU.

He better get kneepads or otherwise his legs won't be able to breathe

Is it summer already?

Holy shit there are faggots on Holla Forums that haven't beat Doom 1/2

Is that really that surprising? It's almost 25 years old.

I mean the only reason I played it when I was younger is I found a CD with Doom 1 and 2 in the bargain bin for 2 bucks.

Liquid Doomguy

i never even bothered getting past the first level

its shit

There are mods for that you know

You still need to align your shots horizontally to hit anything you nigger.

Don't you remember?

YOU ARE THE DEMONS

youtube.com/watch?v=euLLcwmNKJI

Holla Forumsyneux likes the new doom

Also they have dual rocket launchers but only fire one projectile.

First one is great.

There is some, but you're stupid if you expect that to be the reason we think D44M is just ok

He thought he was better than humanity; Lucifer was tsundere for God and thought the war was the only way he'd get His attention back.

"Better than God" would be like a toe thinking it can do the brain's job- angels certainly knew better.

That was a really great review. No gameplay at all yet it kept me interested until the very end.

Do tell the process.

OH SHIT

What about William? He fought an horde of Nazis in literally pajamas

naaw fuck you hellhead, maybe you and I should just settle it here on mars if you think you're so tough.