Mfw I see someone play a videogame with the volume turned off

Am I the only one that gets bothered by this? It really makes me cringe when people ignore some aspects of a game such as the music. I actually find myself enjoying video game ost's than most of the favorite bands that I listen to.

ITT we discuss these issues and also videogame music appreciation thread, so post whatever vidya music you like or you've been listening to lately.

I've been listening to the OST of Xenoblade Chronicles recently. Really gives shivers down to my spine. Specially Gaur Plains' music.

dubs thread

Been playing some PS1 era RPGs. You know late 90s/early 2000 games. They are fun but some are tedious and slow even with 1.5 speed up. Sometimes I'll listen to a podcast or put on something dialog driven, sure some have enjoyable music but once i listen to the first few minutes of a theme it loops.

I do enjoy cut scene music.

Also

If people play with sound turned of it's probably because they need to listen to something else, or the game has a very repetitive song that you need to listen for too long (grindy spots).

shit thread tbh fam

It can still be saved by appreciating good, classic vidya music though

That's why this is also a video game music appreciation thread.

Nah, the one I've seen didn't even listened to the music at all despite playing it for the first time. The volume is all the way down all the time or not wearing the headphones.

I didn't know RE2 has Co op. Heh

Personally, I can't play video games without volume either, unless it's something extremely repetitive like Tetris. Also, for competitive multiplayer environments that get old quickly (ASSFAGGOTS, Arena Shooters, mobile games, and MMOs for example), but I guess I don't care enough about the base games in the first place. Grinding points in a JRPG might count, but even then I'm reluctant.

I think there are some anons that specifically turn off the volume so they can listen to their own playlists. I don't know how prevalent those types are.

Depends on the game. If it's atmospheric then yes, if it's casual shit then no.

Warren Spector said something similar when they uploaded that gameplay vid of all the old devs playing the original Deus Ex. I agree for the most part, but the problem is that there are an absolute assload of games where it is cancer on the ears listening to the same song/sound on repeat, regardless of quality.

Anyway, favorite vidya OSTs coming thru.

i play games with the volume off or extremely low sometimes when i'm listening to something else

if i do play a game with the sound on then i play with headphones

also autists who listen to OST's all the time are autists

I sometimes play sandbox games like Just Cause with SFX low and music off, and just play my own music instead.

other reasons might be that he didn't want to disturb others if the place was silent, or that even on max volume he couldn't listen to the game on a noisy place so he turned it off to save battery or something like that.

fite me, nigger

Another one, recently played a few hours of this game. This level has some of the best first level music I've ever heard in a video game, period.

What led me to creating this thread is because my pleb friend who played Pokémon ORAS for the first time has left his 3DS' volume off this whole time

Point taken, but some people still don't despite having headphones.

Another MGS2 track. This game has such a great fucking soundtrack, the perfect mix between all the genres at the same time is mind blowing, and sets the tone perfectly for their parts.

I hate pokemon, but even I will admit that not listening to a comfy old mobile game OST while playing is fucking heresy.

Since we are dropping OSTs, I love it when a video game has that one song that is inspired by your favorite tv genera. No matter how much I fight this guy I still crank the volume up.

It's autistic as fuck, but I only really care if I consider the soundtrack above average so I don't consider it too spergy. Brother does it all the time on his 3DS, occasionally I'll ask him how he liked a certain song if I had happened to really like it myself and 9/10 times he'll tell me he had the volume muted for that part, look it up, listen and like it enough to play it on loop for the next half hour. I can understand muting it in public as a basic form of courtesy, but we're talking about at home here.

Of course, there are some faggots out there that don't care about the music in the games they're playing..
It's just think it's better to assume that they're not listening because it's inviable at the time, rather than they're idiots.

That game actually looks very cool, how long is it?

Well fuck I can't find it anywhere to try it

I do this a lot with games I have played quite a bit of after the first couple playthroughs, mainly the "Souls" games and Dragon's Dogma.

I don't always turn it off, but rather keep my headphones off because the audio feedback with loud stuff like swinging a weapon is good but I don't want to constantly hear the same sound effects and music tracks over and over again. Though I do put the headphones back on for particularly good boss fights.

You have no business cringing at what other people do when you listen to gooktunes.

you're retard

Sure better than amerifag tunes

And it had to be topped with absolute turdcancer that also doubles as a well-functioning bait-taker trap to make absolutely sure your youtube link thread will be riddled with

Gimme a break. Gimme a break right into my neckbone.

I don't turn it off the first time through, but for subsequent playthroughs I usually jam to some tunes.

I often turn the music off on open world games. Gives a completely different feel when all you hear are the ballistics, swords, footsteps and other misc sound.

I turn off music when I record gameplay videos because when I upload them to YouTube, I get the copyright claim and they'll put ads on the videos.

I would feel like shit turning this off, it fits the game perfectly and sounds amazing each and every time.

Give a listen to this masterpiece. EarthBound truly was way ahead of its time.

Now we're talking high quality.

Makes the game harder generally though so there are times when I will do that.

If you do that for your first play-through you're kind of a faggot, but if you've already played the game countless times and the music isn't the part that makes you enjoy that specific game then why not.

I'll raise you this baby. I've never been a fan of Touhou, but I know good music when I hear it.

When i play MMOs, the background music gets boring after the first hundred times. Sometimes i just gotta mute it and listen to something else. The sound effects, of course, also get the mute.

you know a game is shit if the game is still easy while shitposting loud music into your ears