Let's have a spooky thread since /x/ is dead as fuck. What spooky settings do you wanna see...

Let's have a spooky thread since /x/ is dead as fuck. What spooky settings do you wanna see, I wanna see top secret Soviet experimentation. I'm too pussy to watch the video.

A game where you're born in the dark

you wouldn't dare click the spoiler

>laugh

Whatever happened to all those spoopy japanese rpg maker games ?

They suddenly stopped being translated
Haven't seen any notorious one in like couple of years

THIS VIDEO ISN'T FUCKING SCARY.

Chick with a camera looks around, hears a noise and screams before running away. Fucking nothing.

Also, I don't give a fuck about the setting, I just want a genuinely scary game that doesn't rely upon jump scares.

Scary in what sense though? Oppressive atmosphere scary like SH?

Pussy nigger

So any game where you play as a black protagonist?

No just a loud thump.

A fucked up apartment complex filled with hobos and crazed junkies. Like Condemned 2 only it doesn't go full retard.

Basically, yeah. I guess it's hard to put into words, but SH did it pretty well. The "Nowhere" world in general was mysterious and creepy as hell. It could have been completely without enemies and still unnerved me. Then again i was pretty young when I first played it.

Any good scary rpg maker games? You seem to know some, preferably English translated or of western origin

So I played the first Penumbra. Puzzles were solid and nice, but all in all the only thing that really scared me was the first time I saw the worm because it completely subverted my expectations of what was trying to break down the door.

Is the second one better? I liked the lovecraftian vibes I was getting from the story, but it ended on a complete cliffhanger explaining nothing, and it seems to be heading into quite a different direction than I thought it would, with some kind of society living underground.

I don't know. My guess is that they kept getting lost in the flood other RPG Maker games, so the people stopped translating them.

I'm drawing a blank, but you could try "Ib".

Why the hell is everyone coming to Holla Forums to post off-topic shit when you could be trying to revive your own board?

/m/ is welcome here because they're cool dudes and they actually talk about video games on the video game board. Hell, there's a thread about SRW right now, and that's relevant. But now /tg/ and /x/ are here for no fucking reason, and they don't talk about video games.

WHAT DOES IT MEAN

spoilers of the latest Fallout game/dlc i think

I still don't know what that image is supposed to do.

Read the thread dumb nigger.

You have to go back user.
>>>/m/

Screamer virus, user. It's embedded in the picture, opening it caused your computer to download the virus and now you'll randomly get screamed at when using your computer.

because outside of the top 5 boards, Holla Forums is dead as balls because hotwheels constant mismanagement basically made it impossible to run a smaller board and now with Jim in charge it's probably going to get worse.

Why are abandoned Asian towns and Soviet places creepy? More so than regular ghost towns or ghost ships.

Is that really true? I've opened an image like that before and never got anything.

What the fuck

thats even creepier because of how low quality it is

So I just picked up SH1 and RE1 in the same lot. I have limited experience with both franchises. Which do I pick?

Fucking Japan, man.

SH1 is more somber and comfy and intriguing, RE1 is action zombie movie, pick your preference.

silent hill is more interesting then RE.
don't see much occult horror anymore nowadays.

That's not spooky, that's just sad, fuck you for posting that

It's spooky in it's own way. Dying with problems in your home, alone, with people not even knowing you died.

are there any games with tech-horror?

Is that first one from a movie?
looks Lovecraftian

It's random, has something to do with the time I think

music sounds like a Hoobastank cover

Are you shitting me? SH2 is absolutely like this, but SH1? That shit isn't satisfied with spooking you, that shit wants to intimidate you. Even the music sounds angry and dangerous

2 and 5 are fake

yeah it's totally fucking true, check the image header data

Like one where you're molded by it?

Also, I want to combine body horror with a haunted house/building. One of the better SCP articles is about a beached cruise ship where investigative teams explore it and occasionally find entire sections made of organic material, like teeth.

I have a mouth, but it can't scream.

I have a mouth, but screaming would be stupid right now

Why did everything have to go downhill after the bear?

Step up your game

Got a link to that?

A game similar to Haunting Grounds would be pretty cool. Too many horror games make you capable, which ruins the feeling of horror. Its better to feel vulnerable and have that constant dread of being followed and murdered/raped/eaten.

I've never agreed with this.
Fear made you a super solider and it still creeped the shit out of me because the combat sections of the game would "flush" my nerves only to rake them over raw with Alma.
Alien Isolation gave you a lot of tools to work with and a set of capable skills, but remained scary because you have to carefully apply that skill set or your punished for it.
Dead Space gives you a lot of tools and puts you in shifting situations. It's one of the few horror games that I think rewards you for keeping your cool and using all these tools to full effect.

If you take away capability there's less the player has to interact with and the game isn't as immersing. I hate games like Amnesia because there's so little you get to do, unlike Fatal Frame which achieved the same effect while giving you stuff to do.

This, giving you nothing to fight back with is a lazy and ineffective way to incite horror, at the end of the day you're more annoyed than scared

I never found fear 1 or 2 scary and deadspace felt more actiony to me than anything in the end. Fear especially got boring, why would I be worried about some little ghost bitch when im popping fuckers left and right with a shotty. Honestly the shotgun was the only good thing from that game.

Wasn't there a nail/bolt gun that could pin motherfuckers to the wall?
Also, I thought Dead Space could get kind of spooky on the hardest difficulty when you had to actually connect every shot or get reamed.

I've never really considered Fear a horror game, it's an action fps with some slight eastern horror style influence in the aesthetic to make it more interesting. The "Horror" elements simply help pace the game as you get a bit of down time between office space shooting to punctuate the action better.

It's not necessarily combat, it's not having options is my problem.
In most of these newer games which critics acclaim for nailing "helplessness" I quickly lose interest because(with little exception) it's the same from beginning to end, run and hide, run and hide, run and hide. Clocktower did that gameplay forever ago and nailed it years before YouTube.

Because your nigger accuracy may pop clones, but it can't kill the incorporeal.
Also because she's closing in on you throughout FEAR 1, killing clones, your buddies, until she starts closing in on you.
Confirmed for not having even gotten to the nail gun.
I felt more like I was going insane and everything became a procedure.
Shoot all the "dead" necromorphs on floor, Necromorphs don't leave dead shit lying around.
If there are human dead bodies mutilate them immediately
Stasis any problem enemies and prioritize targets.
Throw any explosives
Finish off targets with preferred weapons(line gun for mobs, plasma cutter for singles)
Mutilate all remaining bodies.

I wasn't surprised by the direction they took the second one in because they'd have to switch characters because Issac was The Machine by the end of that game.
And so were you.

I shat my pants repeatedly whenever i entered a lab in STALKER.

Fucking christ i hate those places so much

I love/hate this game so much.

Yet to find a game that has legitimately scared me. I've experienced real life paranormal shit and I've also had a lot of problems with sleep paralysis many times in the past, which is way more upsetting. Especially as a child.

Lool up wiki article for sleep paralysis and that shit will spook you. Basically hallucination of sounds and touch and you are unable to move for a bit upon waking.

1: A biological deforming virus
2. A eldritch god slowly making his way towards earth
3. A race of machines machines that are incomprehensible to humans

I've always liked the idea of 3 corporations competing in a ruthless Illuminati NWO game of thrones esque bid for power where the masses are paranoid and suffering. One specializes in Biological enhancements (Super Mutants, Chimeras, Genocyber/Guyver esque). Another that specializes in Machines (A.I, Robots, Androids, super computers, drones, cyborgs). And one that specializes in the supernatural/magical elements (summoning demons, inter-dimensional creatures, tapping into ancient weapons, and curses)

How about a game with only one save file. You start a game and can't start a different file until you die in the current save file, which then gets wiped.

Here's the thing: You're in a horrible hospital/ward sort of thing and there are monsters everywhere. If you get injured, you don't lose HP, you lose limb and sense function. Get your eyes scratched out and you can't see shit, jump from a roof and break your leg and you have to crawl. It gets to the point where you either stumble through and finish the game or you simply crawl around calling for some creature to come and kill you and put you out of your misery because you can't start a new file until you die in this one.

I think the idea of being trapped in a crippled body and calling out to be killed and then being taunted by monsters that call you a failure while they slowly kill you so you can start over would be unnerving enough for most people.

I like this idea of this trinity of technological advancement, along the three lines you mentioned.

Get too few videogames that explores biotech in any meaningful way as well.

Stalker had one of the best atmospheres of any game.
Shame about STALKER 2 NEVER EVER

I had sleep paralysis once, it felt and looked like there was a little black man sitting on my chest.

I didn't panic though and went right back to sleep.

Did anyone archive the last thread? I missed a good 100+ posts there. I know what I'm working on, that is all. It involves people and a place.

I had sleep paralysis once. I saw some weird skinny dude with an ivory white mask come in through my window. I tried to scream but nothing came out. Then my cat jumped on my bed and started nuzzling my face. I've never been more scared or more relieved in my life

Well shit dude don't spoil it for us

That was just the spirit of Gary Coleman making sure you had a restful night's sleep.

Does it also involve a plot?

That's how the game blueballed me in X18.

I'd do an /agdg/ thing but I'd hate to ruin the whole thing. I will say it has to do with a recurring nightmare, a place I go regularly.

If you want to read a cool horror manga about that kind of thing, check out this one by Ito Junji.

Well, what are the overarching themes besides being a scary dream?

I'm trying hard to do it right, but generally the losst. It's hard to get around that.

It's very matter of fact, there is a certain place, and I have made others aware of it in the past, and they've come back to tell me their story. A certain structure that most people would find inviting. Yes, I have it mostly modeled out, rigged and the basic controls and interaction. It won't be a walking simulator but more of a puzzling survival thing. Trying not to droop into the David Cage hole.

Working on trying to make normal activities feel dreamlike in a slightly abnormal situation. That actual dream-like quality, and not just shitty filters. Like how you start even forgetting how to walk and the like after something seemingly inconsequential.

yeah resident evil revelations

From what I remember, the second one is scarier..

I don't think there is necessarily such a distinct line between the two.

Underwater spoops?

Bonus if you hate spiders

also I was under the impression that nobody uses /x/ because they all use /fringe/ instead.

So, /x/ is done with erratas?

What happened to our /x/ anyway? Low activity or bad moderation?

Corpse Party, Ib, Ao Oni

Low activity, like most of 8ch tbh.

But isn't /fringe/ more about magic?

Ib and The Witch's House.

This is pretty great.