Netflix is trying to kill anime. 30 Netflix produced "anime" shows in production

sankakucomplex.com/2017/10/21/netflix-will-produce-30-new-anime-projects/

Looks like we're going to go through some kind of dark age of SJW anime with non-existent budgets thanks to Netflix. Hopefully, the company dies itself as the result of this.

Other urls found in this thread:

deadline.com/2016/10/the-get-down-costs-rise-netlfix-baz-luhrmann-1201837874/
e-hentai.org/g/142855/2b2eacb78e/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

So it will be just like japanese anime.

Good.

Fuck you

Calm your tits moron. Netflix is tossing money around like a drunken gambler while piling on the debt.
Japs will keep making anime, netflix will likely faceplant in a few years at this rate.

If they're as homosexual as Sense 8, I can't wait!

What kind of respect do anime franchises deserve? They are extremelly commercial and cheap.

go whine on /a/ about it

why should we care?

just don't watch them fams. it's easy.

this
cuckime is the fast food of cartoons

It's not anime. It will never be anime. Only Japanese can make anime.

lol no

Even if western studios hirer the same korean sweatshops as the Japanese it will still be a pale imitation. Not anime, just anime themed cartoons. Like Teen Titans or Avatar.

are you gay?

No faggot. Its an artstyle, anyone can copy it. Teen Titans and Avatar are just as much anime as all the other anime they look like.

it's all cartoons tbh

I hate you all

So is this just even more of the imitation "anime" Netflix has been pushing, or are they actually funding japs to make shit? Either way, dropping 8 BILLION a year for (((Netflix Original Content))) seems like a bad idea.

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL weebs

I told ya, the West corrupts all media.
But nothing will change, Japan will continue to produce on it's own bubble. They do not rely on any audience but the japanese. This will not change and will prevent Western pozzing.
They're not "trying to kill anime". They're just desperate because of their own creative sterility so they pull these jewish tricks.

Cute anime girl. You have any pictures of her in a diaper of farting?

Anime has always been a mistake.

CUCKIME WEEBS ON SUICIDE WATCH

"The West" my ass. Capitalism corrupts media, Western culture doesn't. Maybe instead of being fed Hollywood's shit all the time you could go read a book.

It's like you fags picture the words you type coming from the mouths of these fetal alcohol syndrome anishit characters. Do you know how cringy that is? Not even from a normalfag perspective. You're basically roleplaying. You've become the new horsefuckers, and it still isn't art.

I warned you not to fuck with me.
My meme powers are greater than yours.

Capitalism is the reason any good media exists at all. Look at what happens when retards on Kickstarter are given a bunch of money without a finished product, half the time it doesn't get made, and the other half it's garbage like Mighty No. 09. Commienism doesn't work. Go back to /saltleft/ and kill yourself.

Because cuckime is so creative.

You are assuming I ever wanted anything other than to just fuck shit up as much as I can.

No.

Fuck off commie.

Not a single argument. Just an average triggered Holla Forums whiny fag, whining on an anime board.

Hypocrisy, if you say that you might as well say "cuckywood", "cuckinide", "cucktoons" and such. Because they're far more cucked and you know it. But you don't because "muh West" and because of your irrational hatred for anime. It's your tribalist instinct taken to a ridiculous extreme to the point that it blinds you so you spew nonsense like this like a madman. You have nothing but prejudice and denial to back up such silly term.
It is. Japan invented mechas, sentai, guro, seinen and probably so many more styles that I don't even know of because they aim for very specific audiences. You might not care for that kind of originality, but it exists anyway.

Anime hasn't been good since the 80s and 90s so this is no big loss.

You do a poor imitation of anime autist.

Good idea user, cuckywood and cucktoons really do belong with cuckime.

I know you are shitposting in order to stir up a rabid anti-anime rant so I will give you a calm response for educational purposes.

Mecha as a genre was born out of Tetsuwan Atom(Atom Boy) which itself was influenced and inspired by Fritz Lang's Metropolis.

The Sentai genre was born from Gekko Kamen which was inspired by The Scarlet Pimpernil

Guro from De Sade, etc etc.

That's because it is bait.
t. Weebcuck

JUST FUCK MY CHINESE CARTOONS UP FAM

80's feels more human and you can tell much more from their expression. While 90's feel a tad bit more cartoony I like the hair style and you can still figure out the face. I dont think the 2000's and 2010's are a accurate representation.

I hope that Netflix picks up the Rick and Morty movie

It was never good to begin with, only a couple of them and only the ones with big muscular guys.

I see you are a fellow kinonnsieur of cuckime.

these are the only anikino you should be watching desu

This isn't true. Watch tv anime from the 80s and 90s, they all have extremely low budgets. However, you only remember OVAs and theatrical films from the 80's and 90's and use that for your comparison, making everything look better when it did not.

because you're fucking gay, yes we know there's a lot of undercover homos on Holla Forums, you don't like new anime because waifus scare you because of your homosexuality

Instant drop.

90's and 2010's are the best styles. 80's style looks retarded and 2000's moe blob is shit.

entry level garbage for the kind of fags who read "graphic novels" instead of comic books because they want to be taken seriously by the mainstream

sorry, this is the official list that was made collaboratively on this board, you should just follow the NeoGafugees to halfchan.

There are so many animes I like from the 00s onwards. But there's been a decline because of the overrepresentation of moeshit.

Nice argument.

You resorting to being retarded it's amusing.

Inspired maybe, can you prove it? In any case they have evolved and developed their own distinctive traits. Everyone takes inspiration from many things, that's how something new evolves.

To a small extent maybe, the psychology and imagery form guro is vastly different from him. They were doing twisted paintings before him, that's for sure.

These were invented decades ago.

Modern anime is all about creating cheap, derivative shows to sell merchandising to fans.

The best anime is Shin-chan.

you're a queer afraid of fanservice and cute girls, fuck your list, this is a meme board, the fact you think anyone actually cares about "kino" here is hilarious

/a/ tier fampai

Everyone loves it unless they are kikes.

Ghost in the Shell is dumb.

I know, that's why I say there's a decline.

There are exceptions, but even when this is true it's still better than the shit cartoons CN makes or the ones for adults that have forced diversity and forced annoying political agendas to them.

its films only

Shit, I scanned through it and could have sworn I saw a series. Rechecked looking for Moribito: Guardian of the spirit and realized I misread Origin: Spirit of the past. Because I am a retard. Cat Soup, Genius Party, Robot Carnival, and arguably Kyousougiga since the kino version is the ONA and its format could be likened to the episodic release of Kara no Kyoukai

Giving animefags a chance.

I have only read and enjoyed one manga called Homunculus. It was really good, very visually interesting and had some nice themes about how external beauty relates to the person inside.

Is there anything similar to this in the anime counterpart? I don't want giant robots or cutesy girls or anything. I want a real example of good artistic anime. I know manga can be not shit, so maybe anime can be okay too.

Oh Kino's kino the Kino kino.

This is what weebs actually believe. The average CN show has more creative freedom than most animes, and they don't even have too much freedom. Modern anime:

Not an exaggeration. This happens because animes have very low budgets and minuscule schedules, they are made by low-wage slaves who work 16 hours every day. There's zero place for creative freedom, everything is coldly calculated to sell products to fans. Of course, there are exceptions, but 99% of are like this.

No, 99% of anime adaptations are awful. Stick with manga.

Homonoculous has that surreal horror and existential dread of a man going mad. There are elements you will find among a number of series but I can't think of a close enough analog to satisfy you. Mangawise check out Me and the Devil Blues. It's by the author of Prison School, but it is good so of course it is dead and Prison School will never end the fucking Cavalry Battle.

Good call tbh. I dont want to become a weeb.

Thankyou friend. Will check these out.

modern cartoons are shit made by SJWs, also Japan catering to its fans instead of treating them like shit like westerners do to push their progressive guilt ideology is actually a good thing, overall I think you belong here:
>>>Holla Forums

If you're reading manga you're already a weeb.
anyway here's an actual list of worthwhile anime if you want to get into the medium, definitely worth checking out these shows even if you have no interest in anime at all.

hahahaah your list is shit

the only good one was the first one, Bloodlust is trash, you may as well have Blood: the Last Vampire on there, that list is a bunch of over-exposed normie gateway anime and stuff only the SJWs on ANN watch because it doesn't include fanservice or anything else fun that triggers their liberal guilt complexes

Quality over quantity.

Wrong.

It's a shit comparison. 2010s tv anime look objectively better than1990's tv anime. Also cherry picking.

By weeb I mean I don't want to slide down the NEET rabbithole of waifus and watching hours of anime and shit. All my normalfag friends abandoned me recently and idk if I can can go full herbivore hikikimori without killing myself.

I would argue that tbe consistency and quality control is indeed much higher in more recent times. However the truly best part of anime, the sakuga cuts, are without a doubt of a much higher quality and quantity during the bubble years.

The fuildity of the animation, the complexity, the sheer spectacle; all are found in animation that predated the industry wide acceptance of various level of computer animation(i.e. modeling, coloring, backgrounds et al).

>30
>THIRTY
Anime seasons usually run for about 23-26 episodes, but some are shorter at just 12. To account for some these potentiality shorter series I'll average these at 20 episodes per show. I'll also give them the benefit of the doubt and assume these are all one season shows. I need to emphasize how many shows and episodes that is.
One. 20 episodes in total.
Two. 40 episodes in total.
Three. 60 episodes in total. - Longer than Moral Orel ran for.
Four. 80 episodes in total. -
Five. 100 episodes in total.
Six. 120 episodes in total.
Seven. 140 episodes in total.
Eight. 160 episodes in total. - Longer than The Twilight Zone ran for.
Nine. 180 episodes in total. - Longer than The Flintstones ran for.
Ten. 200 episodes in total.
Eleven. 220 episodes in total.
Twelve. 240 episodes in total. - Longer than Friends and Leave It to Beaver ran for.
Thirteen. 260 episodes in total.
Fourteen. 280 episodes in total.
Fifteen. 300 episodes in total.
Sixteen. 320 episodes in total.
Seventeen. 340 episodes in total.
Eighteen. 360 episodes in total.
Nineteen. 380 episodes in total. - Longer than Bleach ran for.
Twenty. 400 episodes in total.
Twenty-one. 420 episodes in total.
Twenty-two. 440 episodes in total. - Longer than Law & Order ran for.
Twenty-three. 460 episodes in total.
Twenty-four. 480 episodes in total.
Twenty-five. 500 episodes in total.
Twenty-six. 520 episodes in total.
Twenty-seven. 540 episodes in total.
Twenty-eight. 560 episodes in total.
Twenty-nine. 580 episodes in total.
Thirty. 600 episodes in total. - Longer than Lassie ran for.

Anime episodes are around 24 minutes long, so that's 14,400 minutes or 240 hours worth of television.

You should watch Neon Genesis Evangelion, it's the cure to being a weeb dweeb.

Confirmed for retard who probably hasn't even watched anime before, Golden Boy, Ghost in the shell, Evangelion and Black Lagoon are full of fanservice.
also "entry level" and "gateway" are meaningless terms that just get thrown at anything that isn't a moeblob slice of life, they're buzzwords almost as worthless as saying "comfy" to describe something. Brainlet criticism.

Naruto is a gateway anime of the worst kind. It's a bad series, a clusterfuck of story and characterization that isn't very well done by any aspect, but which attempts to compensate for its weaknesses by adding in excessive shipping faggotry and DARKNESS. The normal user can see this as the shit it is, and may enjoy it, hate it or be indifferent to it, but all the while recognizing that the series itself, regardless of their opinion, is plain bad.

However, these very aspects that try to smear over the shit of its core make it a breeding ground for aspie, unsociable underageb& faggots who engage in every kind of faggotry both online and in the real world. The superpowered characters all trying their hardest to look cool, the jutsus, peculiar, colorful clothes, the whole ninja faggotry and everything about the Naruto world fuels their escapist fantasies, while the pity-party character backgrounds, emphasis on revenge, and overall preachiness of the series make it fit just right with the mary-sueish drives of your average preteen and his sense of unwarranted self-importance towards the world. Exactly the kind of shit that makes little kiddies and underageb& retards eat this shit right the fuck up.

Naruto is basically THE series to attract the most hated anime fanbase known to Holla Forums, which is why, regardless of individual opinions, it is the responsibility of every user to troll the fuck out of this show and everyone who likes it, and ensure that no Naruto threads ever encourage the newfriends to show their faces here.

Comfyness is an esoteric critical concept which rationalists can never understand, yet still the end of the day art and indeed life is defined by what it evokes in us and not the materialistic mundaneties you autists like to memorise.

You're a fag. I've watched 60's and 70's shows because I love anime. I know every single era. It's this weebo gaijin eltism where they pretend new anime is bad that annoys the fuck out of me, because it's shit (and this attitude is strongest in SJW shitholes like ANN). Most anime has always been low budget. The older anime people praise are the ones that have humongous budgets and are thus the exception to the rule. And it's hilarious these stupid lists mostly conform to what aired on Cartoon Network, which again demonstrates these are lists of gateway anime.

You're a fag. I've watched 60's and 70's shows because I love anime. I know every single era. It's this weebo gaijin eltism where they pretend new anime is bad that annoys the fuck out of me, because it's shit (and this attitude is strongest in SJW shitholes like ANN). Most anime has always been low budget. The older anime people praise are the ones that have humongous budgets and are thus the exception to the rule. And it's hilarious these stupid lists mostly conform to what aired on Cartoon Network, which again demonstrates these are lists of gateway anime.

>>>/reddit/

People that whine about comfyness being portrayed as positive are leftists because this idea is against their post-modern Marxist bullshit to the point this is even taught in colleges as an example of what outdated criticism is.

And as they move onto the purely material and dead they lose understanding of the essence of things. It's no wonder the left has this creative impotence. Postmodernism is truly satanic.

He just hates escapism and the behaviour it enables.

Now this is a lot of mental gymnastics just to justify shit taste.

Pretty sure Japan is really capitalist.. more than even americans.

Gateway/entry level anime like shounenshit obviously exist, my problem with the term is how it just gets thrown around incredibly liberally to just apply to anything you don't like without being able to justify it and want to be a hipster, the equivalent of using comfy because you like something but can't justify it.

This is such a bizarre post, its like a reverse of what you'd normally read here. The idea of equating elitist weebs with normalfags and SJWs is retarded because they're the ones who are going to eat up the newer lazily produced flavour of the month anime like Tokyo Ghoul, OPM, Dagashi Kashi, Non Non Biyori etc. that you are suggesting to be anikino, and there are easily way more anons on imageboards who will be the elitists who only watch older and more obscure shows from the past. 2017 was easily one of the worst years for anime with there being literally no good shows outside of maybe one or two shows, even 2016 was better and it doesn't seem to be getting better.
The early 2000s was also a shit period because of the crappy cgi. There was a kino period between mid 2000s to early-mid 2010s where anime got good, now things are shit again with most shows being just generic as hell. Maybe in the 2020s there will be anikino again, but not right now.

t.Holla Forumsedditors

But he's right though.

No he isn't, he sounds like a butthurt fanboy that gets cognitive dissonance everytime his favorite thing gets the mere criticism.

>>>/reddit/

Criticism these days is just whining that a movie is either too white or not cucked enough.

which is what post-modern criticism IS

Then that was what you should have said.

I'm dead serious. This is what I was taught when I tried to study English in grad school. They don't believe something can be enjoyed for what it was, it has to be "deconstructed" to find some hidden leftist agenda. If there isn't one, then it's not real art to them. It's that fucked.

If it is that bad then it should be easy to dismiss and counter argument, instead of just going "if you don't like it then u a jew!"

The real problem I'm having is that I've been subtly (and not so subtly) trying to get my sister interested in black dudes, and I wanted to know if anyone has any tips or tactics they used on someone that worked, or if anyone here is actually into the fetish enough to try something like this.

As it stands she's (to my knowledge) still a total virgin at 18, probably a kissless one, and not because she's ugly but because she's shy as fuck. She doesn't have much of a body but she's pretty enough that I'm sure if she tried to dance on a black guy he'd go with it, so I've been able to make a sort of inside joke with her that if she ever decides she wants to learn how to dance, that her first step is to go to a party/club and find the biggest, thuggiest, blackest dude there and ask him to teach her how to grind on a guy. The first time we actually had any talk like this was because she wanted to know how to dance for her first party-type dance (not a prom), but this particular dance was greasy as hell so I told her it's pretty much all grinding, and that her job is to get the guy as hard as possible and then keep grinding on it. Now it's more a joke where I offhandedly mention something sexual to her any time a black man is brought up in a conversation, or if my mother/her friend says a guy is cute and he's black, I'll say that he'd be too much for her and would shatter her pelvis before their 2nd date. She gets embarrassed but laughs almost every time, so I'm hoping that this'll subconsciously carry over to college where she really starts to get surrounded by the party atmosphere.

So, tl;dr does anyone have any tips to slowly get the idea of BBC into a girl's head?

SJWeebs are the ones that make these arguments that new anime and non-arthouse anime is shit because thy're knee jerking agianst the ideas of moe and fanservice becuase of feminist bullshit. Everyone that makes this argument may not be an SJW, but there's enough crossover that it's fucking worth mentioning especially if you've ever discussed anime online post-2010 outside of a chan.

Here's the thing, what gets called "comfy" is not good in general, it's usually mediocre and boring shit with crappy plot, that has nothing to do with marxist's agendas and critics.

the castlevania one was actually pretty decent, albeit i was watching to the gook dub

Sounds totally subjective. You are demanding that other people have to enjoy something based on what criteria you think is important. Slice of life shit isn't supposed to have constant plot turns or complicated story arcs like a Russian novel. That's not the point. You may as well be crying that a jazz recording doesn't have enough guitar riffs.

I never said or implied that would make a good plot. A plot can be simple and still be good, most SOL even fail at that.

it sounds like you don't even understand what slice of life is, or can read a phrase like slice of life and comprehend what it suggests to be honest

Netflix made a show called "Get Down", 12 episodes and it cost them 200 million. Really? 12 ep for this shitty as show, no wonder they are spending 8 billion, but do they even have that money? Their library is complete GARBAGE!

deadline.com/2016/10/the-get-down-costs-rise-netlfix-baz-luhrmann-1201837874/

Where magical woman m?

2017 HAS been a horrible year for anime, but I can remember 2015 being a fairly good year and 2016 had your name which was unquestionably the movie of the year in any country. I can't think of a single show this year that has been good besides boku no hero, which is admittedly a simple kids show which presents nothing really new but just has very excellent execution. There was not a single new original show this year that was good, which is extremely disappointing, we're in a slouch period probably because japan is focused on other mediums right now (big year for jap games, movies, and especially wrestling) so anime is taking a back seat.

That movie was awful.

no it wasn't

It's a overrated "muh romance" movie with flashy visuals.

What is wrong with romance? What is wrong with flashy visuals? If they are executed well which they were why does it matter?

Some romance in a movie is ok, a whole movie just being about romance just doesn't work.
Nothing if the movie justifies it, it doesn't in this case.

if you're the guy who said sakuga cuts made 90's anime good, you're an extreme hypocrite

The whole movie isn't about romance though, it's a main storyline and a major motivation for both of the central characters but that's not all it's about. Also like the other user said there's nothing wrong with a straight romance movie either.

What do you mean by this? I also don't know what you mean by flashy either honestly. If the artists have the talent to make the film look as good as possible why wouldn't they?

Pure romance movies are just not good, unless they are mixed with something else.

That's just wrong though. Lots of great movies are pure romance based, or have romance as the main plotline.

Here are some great romance movies, and one anime as well that isn't makoto shinkai. I can provide more if you'd like, but I don't even know how you came to this conclusion to begin with

Keep fighting the good fight, fellow Holla Forums poster!

just ignore it and talk about the subject at hand. We're actually having some really good posts in this thread for once

you have no ability to differentiate your subjective tastes from facts

You know it was actually very hard to find pure romance movies, most have a gimmick or secondar genre (casablanca, eternal sunshine, and grease to name a few) heck even gone with the wind you could define as more of a historical fiction movie, but that may also be because settings are usually varied to keep audience interest.

RIP Holla Forums - 2014-2017

The BO could have prevented this, by cracking down on the waifuposting when he had the chance.

Like I said this has been a really good thread with a lot of really thought provoking posts from people with lots of varying opinions. Just ignore people spamming their memes and you'll get some real quality shit.

The ship is sinking, and instead of heading for the lifeboats, you want to stop up to listen to the orchestra playing music?

I will however, take a minute to admire your double dubs.

There is no physical board it's condition is 100% based on your perception of it. If you think it's doing well like me then it's doing well. Your attitude will reflect in your posting and drive quality up. Shit was bad in the summer and the site bugs really hurt but it's been fairly nice the past few days and the discussion on the weinstein shit has been fun.

weebs on suicide watch lmao

grow up and stop watching cartoons

>>>/trash/

It's a list of just anime movies not tv shows, EoE also needs the series to be fully enjoyed too so I imagine that's why it's not on the list.

at least we're talking about tv-related stuff instead of US politics or some shit

How is that even possible?

sup blissposter you ready for tlc aka the best booked show of the year?

hell yeah. can't watch it live because of work though, but whatever.

it's funny how the best booked show of the year only turned out that way because a plague forced last minute changes

I don't think this is the worst idea in the world to be honest. Neither do I think Amazon getting in on the streaming original content is a bad thing either. But the impression I get from Netflix is when they say "we want to make quality original content that makes loads of money" they immediately greenlight the same trash that haemorrhages money for network television. If hell's frozen over and someone from Netflix was reading this thread, save your money from producing non-Japanese anime that promotes libshit propaganda, go straight to Japanese studios and say, "hey, we'll foot some of the production cost for your next project if you give us exclusive streaming rights". Hopefully this'll fuck over Crunchyroll for good. Maybe you could even promote more avante-garde or experimental anime that appeals to the coveted 18-45 college educated demographic new Tatami Galaxy? Mononoke-like horror? stuff like that. I don't expect everything to be produced by Netflix to be absolute kino but they should at least for fuck sake not produce the same trash that drives people away from TV in droves.

WHAT'S WRONG, FAGGOTS? DON'T YOU LIKE KINO? WE GOT YOUR KINO. DRINK IT IN, NERDS. THIS IS THE FUTURE OF EVERYTHING YOU LOVE AND WE'LL PROFIT NO MATTER HOW SHITTY IT GETS. WELCOME TO THE FUTURE, GOYIM.

Yeah I know right? Measles is getting the booker of the year award for sure. I live in MN and got tickets for this show months ago off money I made scalping an snes classic so I feel like I just got upgraded to the penthouse or something.

Millhouse is cool though.

Yes friend, subtly direct her towards pictures of BBC and websites and infographs about how black guys have bigger dicks and whiteys and fuck better. This is how I did it with my wife.

Just let her become a member of the antifa and she'll have taken a mountain of black cocks in no time.

e-hentai.org/g/142855/2b2eacb78e/

kys tbh Holla Forums commie

I had heard rumors about the wretched quality of that abomination, but I would never have thought it would be so sickeningly awful. In a way it’s actually very impressive. To produce something so wholly lacking in any redeeming features is something you must work hard at to achieve.

No fun allowed : The List

-anime is kiddie shit
-videogames is kiddie shit
-cartoons is kiddie shit
-movies is kiddie shit
-television si kiddie shit

the only acceptable adult entertainments are watching sports and banging women, grow the fuck up kiddies

I actually watched the first episode. Whatever bad feelings the trailer set you up for, you ain't know nuthin sucka. The first episode is such a trainwreck, the train dislodged under broken physics and flew into endless space.

whats wrong, not enough white supremacy, cultural appropriation and little girls getting raped?you virgin nerds make me SICK

this is the quality posts I come to Holla Forums for

>>>/a/

>>>Holla Forums

What about drinking scotch and beating your wife?

weebs, everyone.
they are ALL like this.

sounds like you're just a homo to me

topkek

Hahahahahaha how is Netflix anime real hahaha nigga just walk away from the screen like nigga close your eyes haha

Castlevania was like 4 episodes.

I'm hoping this is a return to the old OAV model of really short high-quality series (with excessive nudity, violence, and insane japanese shit)
Castlevania was pretty good.

noice

Explain the plot for me, cause from what I saw, there was none.

Minimalist allegory for Noah's arc, but the main reason for the film being made was to showcase Yoshitaka Amano's art. If you go into it with that expectation, you enjoy it a lot more. Compare it to something like Fantasia.

Of course they're commercial. It takes hundreds of people to make anime who all need to be paid, the timeslot costs money, the promotion costs money, the manufacture and distribution of BDs costs money, and so on. It's not like US television is any different, except that it's even more commercial because it needs to appeal to as many people as possible and possibly advertisers too, neither of which is true for most anime.

If you think money directly translates into quality then just look at Family Guy or The Simpsons. They have episode budgets big enough to produce a whole season of anime, yet where is the quality?

In principle anyone can make anime outside Japan, in practise it's extremely hard (Teen Titans and Avatar don't qualify, just like some retro pixel indie platformer on Steam doesn't qualify as a NES or SNES game running on an emulator despite vague visual similarities).

Merchandise mostly comes from licensed third parties and the amount that gets created is proportional to the popularity of the show, so actually it's the show that creates the merchandise and not the other way around. Even Touhou, a self-published PC game series made by one person, has tons of merchandise coming out all the time. Because it's popular, so merchandise gets made. It wasn't created to sell merchandise.

You're extrapolating this from a very small sample size but also unrealistically expecting every anime to be extremely different from one another and to not have any tropes, cliches and cultural features that repeat themselves across different works (which exist everywhere, not just in anime).

The amount of creative freedom in the industry is high, much higher than in the US. Creative freedom just doesn't mean the freedom to do only things you like.

Almost everyone in these threads has barely seen any anime and get all their info from other threads like this. An illusion of knowledge is created through repetition and the echo chamber effect, but it's really just clueless people feeding other clueless people bullshit in an endless circle-jerk.

I can't be bothered posting any more about this so don't expect a response.

pretty good show. AJ vs Finn was god tier. how was the live atmosphere?

Is it anime if it's not made in Japan?

WTF I love Netflix now.

Most anime isn't even animated in Japan. Also, The Last Airbender is considered by many to be anime so

To all the "much /a/" fags, Holla Forums isn't for television and movies (which let's face it, anime is both of them, but I'm not gonna get into that), it's for /kino/, and a good majority of anime has been, and will be /kino/. Take flcl for example; it uses subtlety to convey the theme of pubery, unlike any Western production, which would probably put a 10 year old boy in a dress and have him talk about icky testosterone. Also, if you look at the movie Akira, it has the perfect balance of action and plot/character development, walking that fine line, never going too far one way or the other. Also, another thing to consider about anime is the ability to seamlessly include realistic and unrealistic elements. Anime is all hand drawn, so the style doesn't change from realistic to unrealistic (like if they include a monster or superpowers, etc) making for a much more enjoyable viewing experience compared to Western films, which have to somehow convince the audience that the live actors and CG are one and the same, but I have yet to see a Western production pull this off, and personally, it distracts me, and makes it hard to enjoy whatever I'm watching. All in all, we have a bunch of goons who only want to redefine what Holla Forums is really about.

No, of course not. Why would it be?

kys

Old pasta or OC?

DO NOT watch anime unless it is made by Japanese

FTFY

Check the Holla Forums archives, friend, it's OC

can you name any government produced kino?

DPRK pretty much only makes kino.

i wish hikkis would grow up a bit so they'd create more demand for characters that aren't ugly af tbqhwy

Thats so kino it made me pledge support to the DRPK in its valiant struggle against USA imperialism

==LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL== cancer

==
heh
==

fuck netflix and fuck anime

post her nudes

Newfriend

Pretending to be a newfriend

Why are they trying so hard to market towards Nips?
The US+Europe has a total population exceeding 1,000,000 while Japan's population is only 120,000,000.
Don't give me any of that "it's for the weebs" bullshit because there are nowhere near enough of them for a move like this to be economically viable.

nope
i just dont correct my mistakes
i'm not a bitch
like you

Reddit spacing

That first statue would be cool if she weren't smoking, makes it look too modern and tacky.

Friendly reminder that all anime is leftist.

It's just that a lot of animu is weaker in comparison to actual film. The flavor-of-the-month shows in /a/ can't compare to anything on Holla Forums. The only reason why people care about animu is because they can stream their content illegally without their ISP or institution harassing them like they do with games and film.

There's gems like Akira and GITS, but there's plenty of weak animu like Kemono Friends that /a/ praises. Just watch regular film and you'll appreciate it for being more grounded and technically done.

Someone stuck the cigarette in the hand because its probably in france or some shit. it isn't built in the statue its an actual cig

Who care?

wew, what's next, Holla Forums are the real commies?

You ever tried splitting yer dick, son?

this
why the fuck is she smoking. it makes it look like some sort of "statement".
fuck "statements" especially when cunts try to make them.
Fucking tired of cunts.

He's actually pretty normal in height but that coat makes him look tiny.
It doesn't help the fact he's always around a guy who's like 6'4''.

Shit list tbh fam.

Also

into the trash

take it to /a/, fam

Sakuga cuts?

nobody likes dragon ball except spics.

Explain further.

Makes you look angrier tbh famalam

greentexting and trying so hard not to reveal your true troll nature makes you look like a retard tbqh famalamadingdong

member how good Holla Forums was when posting cuckime was a bannable offense

Only barley… The memories grow fader with each passing day.

Where's Kaiji? Where's Hokuto No Ken? Where is Angel Cop; MD Geist, Riding Bean? Are you even trying?!

Is it all going to be as badly made as that trans smith one?
Well at least there are e ough classics from all of these mediums to keep me occupied for decades. Though it feels horrible that nothing now is good and will be forgotten in a few years.

Without a doubt. Disney leaving will hurt them, and they somehow want to have $8 billion nore debt on top of the $4 bilion they already have. They are worse then the government at managing noney tbh.

When you cite Akira and GitS as examples of the right kind of anime you are just announcing that those are 50-75% of the anime you've seen and the rest of your opinions come from 4/Holla Forums posts. Kemono Friends is rightfully praised because it's very well directed, written and designed.

People were watching anime loooong before streaming. Even before there were distributors releasing anime in English. Many people also stream legally, which is why Crunchyroll has been so successful, why Amazon got into the streaming game, and why Netflix is investing heavily in anime.

The problem with live action is the difficulty of combining actors, digital actors, sets, digital sets (and real locations), practical effects and digital effects in a way that's seamless, because they're all different elements. This problem doesn't occur with something like Frozen because everything is computer rendered and there are no clashes between different elements trying to fit together. It's the same with anime when everything is hand-drawn. A human character and some fantasy creature are both the same element, both drawn with a pen by the same artist, so there is no discrepancy between them. The backgrounds are also all painted, instead of being a mishmash of real locations, sets and greenscreens (and real locations pretending to be other real locations, which is very common).

But anime does have its own version of the live action problem. CG elements don't always blend in well enough with the hand-drawn elements, backgrounds can look too much like photos (there wasn't enough time to properly paint over them) or have unintentional inconsistencies between them, and there may be compositing issues where it seems like the characters were just pasted on top of the background instead of looking like they're actually there. However, it's easier to suspend disbelief with animation because you know from the start that it's all made up and not real life. Animation has more margin for error.

Not the guy you were replying to by the way.

Anime is almost never not animated in Japan. Don't confuse the presence of some overseas contractors with the production taking place overseas.

TLA isn't anime, it's just an American-Korean show vaguely similar to anime.

Anime is not an artstyle

For nerds? Well excuse me… Some people grew up with it and is part of there culture aka asians. Also its a good thing to do when ur bored. + your list of anime is prob less thn 0.001% of whats actually on the market. Not all anime are or children and nerds there are large varietys targeted at different groups.

Also teen titans is not really anime tho drawn in a very similar/same style as anime. There are certain rules it does not follow making it a cross breed

And yes i am awfully offended at your steriotyping.

Thankyou. P.s. and no animes not just about hentai… Add more variety to your gallery…

hollywood is unhappy with the anime resistance to their political agenda, prepare for them to try subvert anime like they did to everything else.

don't underestimate those pieces of shit

Fansubs used to be distributed on VHS tapes back in the day. I never did it, but I had some Godzilla movies that were pirated this way.

And before that people had translations on paper that they read while watching.

What a time to be alive. At least cuckfags who want 2D stuff will be pleased.

On the one hand I want to fuck an anime girl in the butt. On the other hand

Oh and weebcucks will absolutely defend embeded. Go make a thread on /a/ talking about it and the autists will swarm in to defend it until their asses are so nani sore from getting BTFO the fuck out that they have the janny perma ban you.

For what reason would anyone defend this? It not only looks lame but is also dubbed.

are you retarded?

The jew fears the samurai am i right guise? guise?

So? They don't have anything to do with the industry and the Japanese fanbase.

It was written by westerners, it's as much anime as B:TAS was.

cuckihow cuckido cuckiyou cuckiknow cuckithey cuckiwill cuckidefend cuckithat cuckif cuckiyou cuckihate cuckiweebs cuckito cuckithe cuckipoint cuckithat cuckiyou cuckisperg cuckiout cuckiover cuckishitty cuckime cuckireaction cuckimages?
cuckit cuckistands cuckito cuckireason cuckithat cuckiyou cuckiwould cuckiavoid cuckithe cuckiboard cuckiat cuckiall cuckicosts.
cuckiare cuckiyou cuckisome cuckikind cuckiof cuckicuck cuckithat cuckigets cuckioff cuckiby cuckibrowsing cuckiboards cuckithat cuckitrigger cuckiyou?

Yes.

cuckiokay, cuckithanks cuckifor cuckiclarifying, cuckiglad cuckithat's cuckiover cuckiwith

Goes on /a/.

Do you plan on spending your entire life doing this? For what purpose? Anime is allowed here because the owner decided it is (anime also is within the scope of "television and movies" discussion), and no amount of "goes on /a/" shitposting is going to change that. Maybe instead of doing this you should get psychiatric treatment for your animephobia.

Take your shitty cartoons somewhere else, faggot.

>>>/a/

Again:
Why don't you also go on /k/ and tell them to stop discussing guns? Same thing.

No it is not, you fucking cumgurgling retard. Take your gooktoons where they are wanted.

Anime is within the scope of "television and movies." Anime is allowed here. Anime is a part of what this board is dedicated to. Going to /k/ to tell them to stop talking about guns is exactly the same thing. Do you have a single argument against this other than "waaah anime triggers me, plz make it go away"?

Maybe I should go to /k/ and spam pics of animu girls wielding firearms and act like a fucking nigger when they tell me to piss off?

There is an anime thread on /k/ right now. There are also anime threads on 4chan's /k/.

Go see a psychiatrist.

That says a whole lot about the sad state of Holla Forums right now.
That being said, fuck off - go talk about your waifus and your shitty cartoons elsewhere. This board is for films & TV series.

Go fuck yourself.

It has nothing to do with the state of Holla Forums. As I just told you, anime threads are on 4chan /k/ too. Anime can be on-topic on many kinds of boards.

So anime, then? Or did you think that anime isn't comprised of films and TV shows?

The fact is that you are a fucking crybaby millennial snowflake piece of shit who is instantly traumatized by the mere mention of anime and that's why you want it gone, and everything is just retarded attempts at rationalization. YOU go fuck yourself.

*everything else

I think that's more than enough Internet for you for one day.

And don't come back, we've got plenty of shit to deal with without your autistic ainumu screeching.

Is it fun to live always mad?
Every anime thread or sometimes even when someone mentions anime it's always you people who start shit up and sperg relentlessly.

Cry more.

0/10 You're just butthurt.

I think its going to be pretty hit and miss. On one hand Netflix licensed Kakegurui, which was decent (good animation and no pozzed shit). Then again, it also made that Jaden Smith shit with horrible animation and it was pozzed to hell. I wonder if netflix is split between the good section and shit section.

Go and ahead and make a thread then. Though when anons tell you to fuck off with this crap, you'll probably spam shit until you get banned so you can try to prove your point.

Who is autistically screeching here? That would be you.

Japan remains the dominant market for anime and they are well-known for being insular and not concerned with or informed on what Westerners want.

was it kino