exhentai.org/s/65b863661f/528837-13
8ch.pl/a/src/1463614195069.webm
8ch.pl/a/src/1463616627627.webm
8ch.pl/a/src/1463616603359.webm
bakabt.me/torrent/181106/el-hazard-the-magnificent-world-bd-1080p-bbt-rmx
exhentai.org/g/518031/6cdf8f6846/
archive.is/O5rUq
twitter.com/AnonBabble

There's a reinassance of weeb games on the Vita and PS4 right now, tho.

I sorta understand what you mean, but i think what you meant to say is that you miss anime games with a '90 aestetic.

And that's not exactly tied to platforms, rather just the '90 artstyle being phased out naturally over the years.

I also miss it and it would probably be sort of a novel idea to make a new game that has a '90 style anime art direction, but the problem is that the style has been largely bastardized by deviant art tier western artists and is associated with flat out bad art right now, i don't know if it would work and people would "get" what it's going for.

Dragon Ball, Gundam, One Piece, JoJo's, Macross, Super Robot Wars, Naruto, Fist of the North Star, Saint Seiya

I miss the 90's artstyle so much man.

tfw that series will never reach the potential it had
polite sage for offtopic

You should have a look at the PC-FX, if you understand moonspeak. Its library was the peak of FMV anime games.

I was looking into a PC engine since there was a fair few cheap animu Ku card games.

Then that fucker kanye west announced his new album was going to be called 'turbografix16" and hipsters skyrocketed the price of them all online.

close

Never realized how much Tisel Bonne looks like Batou
Sadly it got phased out in the industry just like the others before it, though there is some hand drawn anime still being made today. Not very often because of how expensive it is in comparison to digitally drawing and CGI.

The PC-FX was the successor of the PCEngine and probably the most powerful 2D console of the fifth generation. It was never released outside of Japan, and failed to gain any market share because it lacked 3D acceleration.

Its sad that Holla Forums's retro stuff only sticks to nes/mega drive and snes. saturn, neo geo, turbografx and so on had so many amazing vidya Holla Forums has never talked about and never will.

come on son.

He needs to be white to show that a white man is only good as a transgender homunculus mongoloid. Gotta signal boost the message to the chillen tbh fam.

Its pretty gud but 80s is superior

Sure was.

80's is lost to the hipsters.

God i hated the Excel Saga anime. Mostly because the manga was god tier and we will never see a real adaption of it.

Forgot my image

You know whats shit tier?
Reimu

Naw no.

This fucker however is right.

It really is tragic how so many art styles and characters have been ruined by the DeviantArt and Tumblr crowds. Even some western styles have been destroyed pretty thoroughly by being associated with autistic recolors trying to pass as "muh original character".

When it comes to the 90s aesthetic I have kind of mixed feelings. Shows like Ghost in the Shell, Evangelion, and Outlaw Star had awesome art styles and I cherish modern anime that have similar styles or try to be inventive. On the other hand, you have the tidal wave of shit that was the majority of 90s anime and the bug-eyed, wild hair style that came out of it kind of deserved to die in my opinion. That style never really appealed to me at all and it makes sense that autistics on DeviantArt would latch onto it since some of them had fucking Sonic proportions. I vastly prefer the current KyoAni-style moeshit over the 90s moeshit. There were some exceptions to this of course, there's always a way to pull off an art style, but for the most part I hated that bug-eyed shit.

It's true. :(

I blame shit like MegaTokyo

who is that long haired semen demon?

Ayy Lmao

Seriously nigga? This or love hina is everyones first harem anime.

But Playstation did have some good stuff.

Sad.

You know if you watch anime recently there has been a resurgence in anime that mimics that old artstyle. The new Gundam for example and Kabaneri definetly aren't the moe blob shit that was around for a while. We've even got anime adaptations of old manga like Ushio and Tora. If you want to watch anime that has the 90s style of art and are good then some of the anime out now are stuff you should definetly check out.

Not anymore, our time has passed. We are relics like the monsters in shadow of the colossus.

Modern weebs started off with Naruto and One Piece. This is dark futuristic world of 2016.

Almost finished this… until dying meant losing all your power ups. BRICK WALL.

Because of course the game expects you to defeat the enemy at 1/10 power, when you couldn't at 10/10, with no way to go back and get more power ups.

At least they probably experienced this smug bitch

user this will only lead you down the dark path leading to the dead genre of cute-em-ups and their power changes a man.

I miss it too user. The eighties style was good too. With the big open eyes before they became cliched and ended up taking over the entire character's head, and the Macross spaghetti trails and crescent explosions.

Oh you…

In terms of manga, I prefer Appleseed over GITS, but GITS had a better anime, it wasn't the most faithful adaptation but it was better than Appleseed's movie

just throw in a Nadesico reference and you are my nigga, with this one weird trick local scientist moms hate!

Nostalgia thread?

Was Excel Saga manga ever fully translated? I liked anime for characters, but didn't quite dig the whole "parody" thing going on.

What a time it was.

I wish there was a gif of this.

Appleseed is ghey

90's god-tier dub

Washus english dub did strange things to me as a kid.

don't talk shit about my Deunan-fu

I think Love Hina was one of my first anime series I watched. Don't remember much about it, just that nigger jungle bitch.

The Ryoko English dub did strange things to me when I was younger.

There were too girls that kicked off the delicious brown girl fetish for a generation.

we've been here too long.

Fuck you Japan. Why even live?

I'm feeling a certain kinship with strangers on the Internet tonight.

Such innocence!

They never realized what a hell they were entering.

I dread what 3.0+1.0 is going to bring. Likely timeloop shenanigans.

I'm not sad, im sorry for them.

I am not. We now have access to all that shit and while, yes, some of the charm has faded with the abundance of content at our disposal I certainly don't miss the dark ages where Japan might as well have been covered with "Here be dragons" on maps.

I'd never trade this era where proper harem endings are becoming mainstream with those times.

nigga what

High School DxD, Umi no Misaki, Shinmai, etc.

Tenchi Muyo itself and all the spinoffs are harem ends too. Only GXP actually goes and openly states this, but Word of God (and doujin novels by the author) make it fact too.

didnt all those finish last year or earlier?

I like 90's anime style a lot, don't get me wrong.

But what I REALLY miss in games, stylistically speaking, is how video games themselves looked in the 90's. Not the technology of the time, but in terms of art direction. I would do unspeakable things like actually buying a game at launch again if Squeenix made a AAA quality, best graphix possible Mana game in the style of Secret of Mana. I'd actually buy a Capcom game again if they made new games with the same art direction as Darkstalkers or Demon's Crest. Mega Man Legends style would be nice too.

Otherwise, say what you will about Nintendo, and those complaints are valid, but at least Mario games are still being made, and still have the same charming colorful cartoony style they ever had. They're basically the only one of the old greats left that's doing that much right.

Huh, that's news to me. I'm old enough to be down with everything else in this thread but I never saw the manga version before. I might have liked the anime more if it were more like that.

SoM was a great game (and still is even with the flaws) but SD3 was better in nearly every way

:(

I think it changed because arcades died and so did the home arcade experience.

I mean whens the last time you held a lightgun?

Justice Gakuen still best Capcom 2D fighter.

American version had only the fighting game, though. Had to import the JP version to get the Disc.2 dating sim.

>There will never be a good Blue Gender game where you can walk around the Space Base so you can fuck everyone you see on it and are dropped into an East Asia Open World with a Mecha in which you can only replace at certain bases
Wht live?

Theres always Lost Planet.

Seiken Densetsu 3 was a great game as well. And while it was graphically a bit more impressive, I actually liked the overall art direction of SD2/SoM a bit more. After that, every game started taking the "Mana" colorful look a bit too far, being more likely to want every color in every background. And the character designs started getting too busy too. Or alternately, however you'd describe that Brownie Brown look, that was the problem for a while. I mean, look at that CoM version of the classic Mana Tree pic. Not nearly as good as the original. And I'd say it's worse in the same ways that the art direction in most all post SoM games was.

Really, the only Mana game that I think nailed the style since SoM is that otherwise crummy RTS-style one for the DS. I have nothing else good to say about it at all, aside from that it fit the style I liked so much in SoM. The backgrounds were't too colorful or busy, the designs had the right feel, etc. It did make me optimistic that there were artists that could make a modern Mana adventure/RPG game that looked right, but that would require Squeenix actually doing so. And considering how, say, FF XV looks, they are determined to make the OPPOSITE of the art direction that used to actually make me a weeb gamer.

I get why Capcom fighting games quit happening, sure, but I'm not asking for more Darkstalkers fighting games. (In fact, even back then I wished for a Darkstalkers action/adventure game spinoff, I always liked Darkstalkers more for its style and subject matter than its genre.) I just want games with that sort of art direction, or the other great Capcom art direction. Games like Demon's Crest or the Breath of Fire series weren't arcade-related at all, but they got made looking how they did. So I don't think the death of the arcade scene is the issue, though it did die off around the same time the art direction I loved did.

I'm not here to argue about best Capcom 2D fighter in itself, though that would be SFIII 3rd Strike, I'm just talking about the art direction I miss. Darkstalkers and Night Warriors were the coolest looking games of any sort Capcom ever made.

You know its not the same

I don't watch a lot of anime, but how exactly popular are Kyoani's artstyles these days? I haven't looked at Deviantart for several years, and the most I've seen of it are a few drawfags Holla Forums and /a/ try to copy it, and a portrait mod for Stardew Valley made by someone here.

The art style itself puts me off, but as long as the anime industry isn't trying to be Kyoani 2.0 I don't see any problems. I have a gut feeling it's only popular to look at, but not to emulate.

Do you mean something like pic related?

I was never keen on the Tenchi Muyo series, mainly due to the charater design.
All of the characters look angry all the fucking time

No you don't

Yeah, though I was thinking more of Chuunibyou and K-On specifically. Again, I don't watch a lot of anime, but I know Kyoani has different art styles for their work, I just mean to say that any fandom for them seems pretty small. The only people I've seen trying to emulate it a couple of drawfags in imageboards.

I haven't seen a lot of Kyoani's work, but what I remember seeing that I liked most was Nichijou. It's only how some of their other stuff looks that put me off, but Nichijou was pretty fun in motion. For their other stuff, I wouldn't mind seeing as manga.

There is a reason for that. And it is also the reason we will never get more of it. It was REALLY FUCKING EXPENSIVE

Is this what it feels like to be old?

If OP loves so much old anime games, I bet he already played all of them, right?

well i miss the artstyle of the one cherrypicked popular show out of hundreds from that timespan

There's just this certain charm you can't find anywhere else. It's in the expressions, backgrounds, FX. Maybe it's all because of the flaws of the technology used.
I'm not saying that modern anime is soulless, mind you. But it has a different soul.

Maybe I don't pay enough attention to their artwork but to me most of their SoL anime like K-On, Amagi, and even Hibike Euphorium look similar to me. Nichijou does look the most different and I can understand why people want more of it even though I didn't get most of the jokes

The law of "less nose, shittier anime" is proven once again

They haven't made more stuff like Nichijou? Darn.

Only four more years till we'll see an update to this image. I wonder what anime in the 2020s or 2030s will look like. Also 70s looks the best

70s one is sexy as fuck.

Nichijou humor isn't always simple.

The anime tried to put the spotlight on some of the simplest jokes but the truth is, if you actually take a look at the manga there's pages upon pages of jokes that are completely lost on western minds.

Between jokes strictly tied to the japanese language and how it's structured, and jokes that dive deep into the abstract, it's not for everyone.

In many ways i respect the author for sticking to his guns, the manga hasn't gotten simpler and targeted towards a broader audience just because of the anime release, he does what he wants to do and that's the end of it.

I would pay 10 buckaroos for a 24ep anime divided in 2 CDs to watch in Real Player

Forgot to add, if you want something similiar but easier to approach, try Danshi Koukousei no Nichijou.

Mah niggas

One of my first waifus.. She's too pure for this world. Too perfect.

Nichijou did very poorly, and they spent a a lot of money on it. They aren't going to touch it with a 10ft stick.

My fellow Ordinary Life breatheren. It's way funnier than 'Kono hentai baka x(((((((' 'nosebleed' shit

That sucks, anime imo is 99% shit and Nichijou is one of the 1%. But people make what the majority want.

I can't say you are wrong, but your post makes me want to disagree with you.

Sorry, not my most verbose and sound argument, but of course you're free to like whatever you want. As long as you're not a bitch/asshole about it.

If that even needs saying.

Also I've just realized this after downloading Nichijou's OST, they used a lot of orchestral music for the show. Maybe that's another reason I like the show.

Wat?
Were they any good?

The only bad saturn game is The Crow. This is scientific fact.

Do you really need to ask?

The anime release was an oddball social experiment to test if people would be willing to pay for quality animation or if it's still more profitable to churn out quantity-over-quality moeshit like an indonesian pirate publisher and just hope something sticks by sheer luck. It doesn't have the usual markers of a breakout sellout you're referring to, so the pattern you're looking for doesn't really apply anyway.

Oh and the social experiment yielded "no", by the way.

But its true, some really nice gems, but like anything after 2007 normalfag internet flood most of it went to shit.

Quote the part of my post where I said he was wrong?

by 2040 anime grills will have a gaping hole in the middle of their faces stretching all the way to the occipital lobe.

Nichijou wasn't looking for majority numbers, it was a pitch towards the niche superfan crowd, which is why it cost so much. It cost more because they made it better. The audience that would have understood the difference just wasn't willing to show they have that appreciation by paying for the corresponding quality, but went with the usual "it's only good in comparison to everything else we have", which actually doesn't mean anything. They chose to send the message, "keep half-assing it, we want the half-assed stuff because there's more of it".

I never said you didnt say he wasnt wrong, I was simply extending his argument and giving the cause for this decline.
Kyoto Animations popularity back then is a testament to that.

Japan switched over to mobile and Vita I'm sorry to say.

I love the nineties.

My first anime was SEED.

But I am one those rare people who goes back in time and download old stuff. All the old anime is on BakaBT for anyone to watch.

read this
someanithing.com/1020

Both Sakura Taisen and Magic Knight Rayearth will always be in a special place in my heart.

Also, even if it wasn't in the Sega Saturn, Ghost Sweeper Mikami, damn that was a good manga and got a cool anime adaption.

You poor thing

woooo

Didn't knew Nichijou was such an odd case, no wonder it stood out.

At times like these I'm reminded by how narrow-minded the Japs are.

Sweet, that's nice to hear. I wonder if they will make a second season. Probably not though. Plus the manga is getting a bit on the taboo side (showing Mia had feelings for Yuuko ever since grade school)

I can guarantee not many Americans bought individual episode releases of Nichijou either, interestingly.

Not even for their kids for Christmas.

People do that?

Fuck me I'm such an idiot

What I meant by their narrow-mindedness is willingly demand for shit when they are perfectly capable of producing good stuff, using intellectual western idealogies and plot formulas. But I guess that's all moot if it means you have to pay more.
That makes me wonder, is there a way to un-shit a country's media or does that rely entirely on the citizen's average education and their obsession with those media?

nigga you dont know pain

i still liked that style, but fuck that abomination of the J to X something

comic major best major

i was hoping for a Blue Gender Lost Planet mod, NEVER EVER

Aisha never did anything for me, weirdly enough. Suzuka, on the other hand…

I want a new Justice Gakuen but set in University. Get some older people mixed in, get some non-students in there. It'd be great.

nijijo was an absolute shit series and thus flopped. doesn't matter how much money you pour into a shitty story with shitty characters and shitty gags, it will still stay shit.

also, nichibros was fucking awesome.

your mom is shit

manga was pretty shitty, but the excel saga anime was great. so was puni puni poemi

That might be a good thing for us. We don't need more shit ruined by normalfag popularity

i have a lot of work to do

Thankfully, GITS is pretty entry level, so nothing of value was lost.

Seeing as we're talking about the anime industry in whole, I don't think anyone can say it is not already tainted

Are you the edgy fag "Holla Forums is evil, I feel so cool here" from the butthurt thread?

itunes, PSN and presumably the xbox video store allow you to buy episodes of shows individually or as a whole series.
I think some studios have done it with DVDs in the west in the past as well. I think (not 100% sure) Midsomer Murders here in the UK have done it before, but each episode is something like 2 hours long

kill yourself

But Holla Forums is evil, why else would my Lord and Savior GabeN censor Holla Forums?

Thank the nips for SSF. I should go get some more Saturn games to play. Still haven't even gotten close to beating Shining Force 3.

What the actual fuck? I asked if you were 478ebf on this thread: 8ch.net/v/res/9357015.html#q9357015

I actually condemn the need to separate us from any crowd, since this is just a place to talk about video games after all. Do you fucking have autism?

my penis

The Saturn is really cool. It has a lot of good classics.

I haven't even beaten Burning Rangers though

Kill yourself

Like what, CalArts? Are you that much of a libcuck?

Go back to your shithole normalfaggot.

I got to the 3rd level and I keep getting fucked by the walls ripping out. I haven't played it since I built my new computer, though.

I don't post much, fuck off cunt. If you want to do it like that your taste in games fucking sucks. You pathetic manchild still playing video games, dissappointment to your parents. Can't even beat Burning Rangers? Hahaha what a fucking casual. Why don't you stop playing old nostalgia shit and get a job you worthless guy-kissing dumbfuck.

I mean like philosophies, western media typically preaches about being a good person, there are actual stakes to their actions, good writing like when the villain's actions are justifiable and more complex, often falling into a more moral grey area . Anime it's just 'bwah, S ranku?!?! nobody beats that' and then the self insert MC beats it and 'woah that's student commitee-sama, I'm going to narrate to you why she's so cool and amazing instead of showing and proving that she's cool and amazing through her character'

Sorry for derailing OP, I'll leave this thread. Just wanted to say 2186ea and a couple of other user friends are cum-guzzling faggots

don't joke about this there is enough rape/incest in berserk to keep them away… r-right?

lurk moar.

I agree with you about the western philosophies part, it's just that popular western shows now are falling to shit if they weren't already. When we have things like Steven Universe preaching about gay space rocks, I'd rather have the 'baka hentai senpai!' from nipland.

But seriously, if you're booty blasted over bantz, lurk moar.

Yeah I know I'm assblasted, my counter banter? Fuck those guys

Yeah it's decreasing somewhat, those kinds of writing. Have you seen the new PPG remake? Horrendous.

You shut your mouth, GITS was a beautiful ride.

Lmao don't only leave the thread, leave this fucking site, normalfags redditors like you killed this place

Stay basic bitch. Worthless manchild

I would be happy if you never reminded me again about that abomination. It's such a disgusting soulless cash grab and you know that they'll do the same to other shows soon that didn't need a reboot.

I didn't say it was bad, I said it was entry level. It should surprise nobody an entry level anime would attract normalfags.

So I guess this is an anime thread now? Because I need you weeb knowledge.

I watched a science fiction anime series as a kid, it was already pretty old by then and the artstyle looked kinda like>>9372891.

I don't remember much but snippets of some episodes, like electro people abducting protags girlfriend or something and turning her into one of them and he tries to save her but he needs to hurry up because every once in a while some thing discharges electricity and charges up the electro people but it would kill him.

Another episode involved a forrest of mushrooms which spores would kill you if you touch them and he has to go in there in a full body shield to do some good guy stuff.

There was also something about artificially created blue people turning on and killing their creators and a lake that was supposed to give you immortality but everytime someone bathed in it a bunch of centaurs would show up and murder the shit out of you.

Now before you tell me to go to /rec/, I already tried that and no one knew it. Please help a fellow user out.

There's a PPG remake? Yes, I know, just let me pretend it doesn't exist for a little while longer.

What the fuck, this sounds interesting as hell. I have no idea what it is though. Nothing sounds even close, but I've also not seen a lot of anime.

100% proven to be normalfag infiltrator. Kill yourself

Fucked up my quote

It's killing me man, I've been looking for months now.

The fact that you use words like "manchild" and that you confessed that you don't post much in this place tells every about, i don't need an argument.

Keep replying

btw disclaimer: I don't really think Sega Saturn games are bad, nor the people who likes them. Just used the sentiment to bash 2186ea (a worthless virgin mouth-breathing resource consuming parasite)

The 60's and 70's look pretty good actually. I can stand girls looking like that easily.

Oh i will keep replying. The fact you're getting this mad and throwing 9fag-tier insults is amusing to me.

Anyone play Lunar 3? It's pretty fun.

Never played any Lunar game. I'm interested now, though.

If we had 70's style with the budgets of today, I think we could get some good stuff. There are a few shows with not blob artstyle but they're definitely few and far between.

Yes.

If there were an Escaflowne game I'd be more excited about Yoko Kanno and Maaya Sakamoto working together again than the game itself.

20 years later and still mad.

The fuck you smoking, Ryoko was the first one to marry Tenchi in the OVA series. She won.

It's kinda weird how that shows have died out completely. The Flintstones, Tom and Jerry and Bugs Bunny were shown on tv all the time during the 90s, but now anything that's more than five years old is deemed too old fashioned.

saging because I am contributing nothing

Damn right.

*90s shows

Can't push your agenda when you have older shows on your channel that show what healthy normal people used to think.

True.

Lol

You may have brain problems friend.

Get into doujinsoft already. Plenty of Jap vidya for you, weeb.

Nah, I just have good taste.
Actually, I like both of them, but remember when people used to seriously fight over which was better? Good times.

Thanks for the briefest bit of nostalgia, gentlemen.

No if you had good taste you wouldn't post worst girl.
I miss those days so much waifu wars are the best part about harem anime.

If you can't see why Ayeka is the best, you're the one with bad taste.
Are there even any good harem anime anymore? The last good one I remember was Amagami.

There's one coming out soon: Persona 5. :^)

Looks better than I could've imagined

You would have to be dumb if you think there is any modern human culture that doesn't praise being a good person. Even in the past, they didn't exactly praise being evil, it was just that their morals only applied to people inside their community.

But let me tell you, some of the highest rated modern western art pieces show villains whose evil deeds go without retribution. Ever read or watched No Country For Old Men?

You saying this as if most western comics weren't even more bullshit powerlevel shit with plain villains. But hey, I don't complain about western comics because I know there are independently published comics and some editorials like Vertigo that aren't complete capeshit.

Protip: search "seinen" in your favourite search engine.

I just don't think being yelled at by some bitch who thinks she is better than everyone else is best girl material.
I heard they were making a new Tenchi OVA last year but I haven't heard anything about it since then.

A golden era that will never return.

Don't you fucking play with my heart, I need to go look for this. There's some fucking good screenshots of the HUD that I want as my desktop background.

80's is the best.
10's isn't in that image, but style in anime has been pretty decent, though animation itself is lacking, probably due to tough economic times. I think there's a lot more variety in style these days.

That blonde chick looks cute. Hope it isn't trash.

Yeah, well, I'd rather not have some nympho constantly trying to rip my clothes off when I'm just trying to eat lunch.
Oh, yeah, I think that was the one with the shitty redesigns. Dunno if it's out yet.

What are you gay?
I don't think the redesigns are that bad, they could be way worse.

That's a good thing, user. That game is shit.

I like the twintail in P5 too. Unless you mean the NEET, in which case, you can have her.

OVA 4 was announced and will be starting releases this fall. I am hopeful and terrified all at once.

The shitty redesigns were from Ai! Tenchi Muyo!, which was a really long series of 5-minute short episodes. It sucked and as a die-hard fan I couldn't make it through.

Isekai Seikishi Monogatari ("Saint Knight's Story on Another World") stars Tenchi's little brother thrown into a completely different world. English title is Tenchi Muyo! War on Geminar. Definitely recommended.

I give it ten years before hipsters make ironic retro geocities netrings to talk about VHS tapes and IRC chat.

neocities.org/browse

No, but there's a time and place for fucking, and it's not when I'm eating a burger.
I just didn't like how Ryoko looked. Sasami and Ayeka looked okay enough.

Nah, I mean the twintail girl. The girl with the bike persona looks cool, too.

It was that bad?

ALRIGHT HERE WE GO

Washu
Ryoko
Ryoko Balta
Tsunami
Sassamis mom
Airi
the devil princess of jurai
kiriko
mototo
adult ryoohki
Amane
Ayeka
Tokimi
EVERYONE ELSE

all modern anime is garbage. anime was a mistake.

It's like you don't even love her.

This man knows. This man and I can get along.

If you're a masochist then you might like it, but it's kind of heavy-handed. But between the new girls taking most of the focus, the new designs on the old girls, and not sharing the director's fetish there just wasn't anything there to keep me coming back.

Every HUD looks good now

Posting some HUD action

Sounds lovely aside from the greasiness

Still rewatching it so that's it for now. Have some bonus Melfina and a comparison shot to the last Outlaw Star torrent. Compare the quality difference between what I posted here:>>9375106

Excellent taste, user.

Woah, woah, woah, get that degenerate stuff out of here! Not even /d/ can stomach that!

I still liked it.
And my waifu as well

Seriously, if you've never read the manga, go read it now. You'll never watch that shit anime again.
They butchered the shit out of nearly all the character development, especially for Motoko.

Just a little question, have you ever watched SU? Given it's far from perfect, it's the deepest cartoon we have had in a while, and does definitely have some deepest lore.

Try not to get triggered by muh lesbian rocks. It isn't exactly subtle, but it never feels in your face, nor is it preachy about it. Also, you have to understand that, contrary to what tumblr believes (because they always manage to understand obvious cunts as the pinnacle of niceness), the Gems aren't exactly good people; this is even explicitly acknowledged by the writers, but apparently the fandom which I will admit, is horrible in every aspect didn't get the memo.

If anything, you should wish that newer shows are more like SU and hope western animation moves away from non-continuous cartoons.

Don't fuck robots user it's not good for you.

But if I'm fucking her, how do I eat my burger?

Sounds awful. Are any of the new girls decent, at least?

My nig.

Holy shit, I have to get this now. Thank you for showing me this, user!

I will admit, if they made a better game/actual anime about these characters, it'd be fantastic.

I've seen into the second season, and I can't stand some of the ways the characters act. Not sure what you thought was deep, but I definitely admit I could have missed something. The fandom kills it for me as well, there goes any hope of discussing it even if I did start to like it.

I gonna go back and play that anyday now.. anyday now.

You both eat it lovingly each of you holding one end of it in your mouths while you eat so you don't need to stop impregnating her while you take care of your hunger.

It's a shame really.
This guy is just begging for his own game.

t-too lewd!

Completely agree. The Love Hina anime was like a bizarre alternate reality show. Different mood, direction, everything. The manga handled everything better. Motoko was best girl. Mutsumi was my favorite until they dropped her like a rock once her arc was done.

She's not a robot. She's a bio-android. There's a big difference. Bio-androids are superior because they all the advantages of a robo-waifu that will always remain loyal to you, but the softness and wetness of a real woman. Truly the best of both worlds.

But does she have a working womb and ovaries? How are you going to impregnate a robot user?

nyaa.se/?page=view&tid=651659

RX782 is the man

TFW 90s bird waifu~

I miss when RPGs had good party-strategy turn sysyems. We still jave a few decent ones like Persona and shin megumi but it feels like their either regressing or nonexistent.

Pic related going to replay the shit out of it when i get it on psn

I literally can't remember any of the new girls introduced at all, except being annoyed that they were pretty clearly clones of the original cast. The snobby one, the rough one, the scientist, et cetera.

He just needs to fins the Dragonballs so that it doesnt work but you can impregnate her anyway because why not?

Much appreciated user! I've never seen MKR, kinda turned off by the only people who I know that liked it were in it because they knew CLAMP was an all female group, rather than saying anything good about the series.

I'm pretty sure she has a full working set of all organs, but I could be wrong.

Absolutely.

I would go so far as to call it the best jrpg on ps2.

YEAH I SAID IT FFXIIFAGS

If you say so. Sounds like a prime situation for someone to eat too fast and choke to death.

What a shame. Guess that's one Tenchi animu to skip.

She has too. All her organs are artificial and besides that artificial wombs already exist since that's how some bio-androids are created.
With love

Spoilered because it's spookyexy

Holy. Shit.

Does anyone have a torrent for everything patlabor related?

Well fuck. Hyper quality it is though. I'll take it. I liked this show, I'll need to purchase a 2 TB external anyways.

i've still never seen Tenchi. Any good?

There's two of them.
Look at the file name of the screen he posted.

Oh sweet user, we need to fix you.

It's an acquired taste. If you like harem animes with minor sci fi elements then you should give Tenchi Muyo! and Tenchi universe a shot.

I fucking hate Texas.

Yes.

There needs to be a Tenchi Historia for this shit.

That one is actually a different uploader. I'm curious to know what the differences are because obviously that near-20GB difference has to be something. The DVDs were 6GBs.

It's one of the most famous harem shows and as a big bonus has some decent lore and scifi. Comprehending the whole thing is mindfuckery. I uploaded the first intro on .pl just because I love it, keeping the bitrate intact so that's why it doesn't fit here.

8ch.pl/a/src/1463375143471.webm

nyaa.se/?page=view&tid=645416
Found it

Tenchi Muyo! is good. It's part harem and part sci-fi with a really big focus on world building. OVAs 1 and 2 are good, 3 is weak because it was rushed but still worth watching.

Isekai/War on Geminar takes place in the same universe and is pretty good if you're itching for more. GXP is also in the same universe but it was directed by the guy who did Excel Saga and is pretty off the rails.

Universe is an alternate universe, 26 episodes and fairly self-contained. I like it but it lacks a lot of the background material that Muyo! has and is a lot goofier overall.

I'm kind of surprised there isn't with how much Tenchi media exists.

i would buy that shit day one.

I love sci-fi but ain't a fan of harem animes, the tick me off quite a bit. Just stick your dick in one already for fuck sake.

This is the good old school 'multiple best girls' kind. Not modern "oh no i tripped and faceplanted your ballsack sized vulva. again"

I saw one episode of it as a kid I think. I liked the silver haired dame but never followed up interest in it like I have some other stuff namely Trigun, and Cowboy Bebop.

The author regularly puts out new material summarizing stuff that happens around the shows, but of course it never gets translated. Search e-hentai for Kajishima Masaki and have a look.

Some harem anime is worse than others. Tenchi is one of the progenitors and is one of the better ones - actually fucking any one of the girls could royally piss off the rest of them and get someone killed. In the end, though, he ends up marrying and fucking all of them. No, I'm not joking.

Well that's okay.

I remember seeing a comic about that. It made me laugh pretty hard, lucky guy.

Say what you want about the bubble economy and how it fucked them sideways for decades to come, but their media output was out of this fucking world.

But not only that, their stuff was just filled with vigor and that 'top-of-the-world' attitude that will probably never be recreated. Creatibity was brimming and cash loose.

I want it back. I want it all back :,(

What a crock of shit

Isekai.
Goddamn Isekai. Goddamn Kenshi.
I hate that fucking retard so fucking much. Fucking OCD digging and always fucking finding magic priceless gems. All of my fucking hate for him. Every last iota of hate for him. My hate for him burns so strong it will delay the heat-death of the universe for eons to come. I hate that little cunt so much that ice will undergo sublimation in my presence when he sis on screen.
Awful, awful, awful character in an otherwise half-decent show.

and it wont go back to being interesting stuff because selling tits and ass in shitty lack luster copy pasted carbon copied lifeless characters to otaku fucks and Westerners who want to be little girls is better than taking risks and doing fun shit with decent animation integrity.
Westerns are doing the same shit, look at comics and video games. Just a different sort of pandering that isn't making much money. However look at bean counters Accountants that tell suits what to do merely to make money. Simple common greed is also to blame here. Fucking hell.

I thought he was alright. Not greatest protagonist of all time, but definitely no hate from me. Not sure what he did to piss you off, though.

More shows need actual goddamn harem endings.

It's no Golden Boy, but the Dragon Knight OVA is pretty funny and stars the same dub voice for the main character as Golden Boy.

Dammit I need to rewatch Golden Boy.

Who would say that?

The dub was way better than the original. Kentaro's English VA nailed it.

So how do you like my swimming?

Absolutely, even Su got more of a back story than she really needed.

I still love Mutsumi, but it was a bummer they didn't do more with her.

Long haired Motoko was best Motoko.

You'd be horrified to know that those probably sell to otaku females too user. Say what you will about nip girls, or asians in general. They have the same delusions other women have. They want a mind reader and a perfect knight. They don't expect a human being to come with that package. Anyways it's some tough shit, no one wants to make anything interesting and just panders to the lowest common denominator and pisses me right off.

Free! was a mistake.

The end of the motorcycle episode where he rides off the cliff fucking killed me. I'm laughing just remembering it.

Second season is kind of a clusterfuck towards the end with all the new characters. Which characters did you hate? If you hated Pearl or Amethyst, that only means you are human.

The most immediately obvious depth is in the lore. Whereas most other cartoons use cartoon logic to avoid explaining things, SU tries to give a reason for things. The amount of detail that has gone into describing the mechanics of the Gems can only be explained with autism, for example, and it's nice to see that the show seems to have some consistent history behind it to explain some events.

Of course, this isn't the deepest thing ever by regular standards, but considering the most detailed cartoon in this aspect until SU was Adventure Time, which had a very fucking barebones lore, it's certainly a progress. SU has some very decent lore for animation standards in general, and is a top tier contender for western cartoons (which isn't saying much, anyway).

On top of that, characters seem to have some maturation. Garnet used to be this super serious cunt in season 1, but has softened since then thanks to Steven. Now she can afford acting dumb or even motherly from time to time, and this shows very explicitly in season 2 where the opening shows her smiling.

Amethyst has also started to show her true colors, like the time she confronted Mr. Universe about the relationship they held after his wife's death, blamed him for her death and even managed to throw some uncanny sexual innuendos and implications. They try to depict her as some troubled teenager, but the writers implied on their Twitter that there is no excuse for being such a cunt.

All in all, I can understand why somebody would not like SU. It has flaws, like the fact that there is much cooler stuff under the surface that gets pushed away by filler episodes to keep the traditional cartoon formula of self-contained episodes, or that you have to be able to stomach cunts because half of the characters are horrible people; but hating it because it's the cool thing to do around here is just obtuse.

tl;dr SU isn't the greatest thing ever, but it's not bad. Hopefully it will show cartoon publishers that cartoons with more detail can sell well.

What's Free!?

Holy shit someone uploaded the entire dub to Youtube:

youtu.be/CX2EFdDMUrY?t=4440

The animal inside you has awoken the animal inside me!

It hurts

GOOD FUCKING RIDDANCE
Anime is trash.
All of it. In all forms
The less we have of it in the world the better.

Man, I miss that chin.

Grade A fujoshi bait.

Go ask /a/, the fudanshi there love it too.

There was a lot of pandering back then too, hell, this very thread is half of it. Tenchi Muyo! isn't exactly a masterpiece, but at least it had hard. That's all I'm asking for really. Just a little bit of passion sprinkled in your work.

It's not all doom and gloom, like mentions, there are still gems to be dug up. It's easier than ever, just buy an external and get cracking. Re-live your childhood, have some fun again. And weep afterwards.

Retards. The amount of people that I lend my CB BluRays, only to say the exact same words, is insane.

The best. Too bad Riding Bean only ever got that one OVA. If you haven't checked out the mangas, you definitely should. It's great stuff.

Scopedogs are best mechs

Poor thing probably wont live to see next spring ;_;

*heart

Fuck I need to sleep.

I ain't goin' to /a/ negro. Fuck that place, all those cunts wanna do is become little girls and discuss how their latest garbage is better than other garbage. Remember how I said lowest common denominator? Well a lot of /a/ is the bottom of the barrel. Besides my threads die if I begin one anyways, people are too busy shitposting.

you just made me lost two and a half hours today. Thank you user!

A little bit of love goes a long way. Most concepts are ideas and ideals. You elaborate on top of them and if you apply enough logic even pandering trash can be good trash.

Oh our /a/ is garbage. One of the mods hands out permabans for badmouthing tokyo ghoul.

Well where would I discuss /a/ related content then?
Aside from being dead, the board quality is way belong sub-par which is says volumes to me.

usually Holla Forums, /tg/ and Holla Forums spread the load.

Thanks user I will after I watch everything LotGH during the holidays inbetween modding Bannerlord

Surely you jest?

This conversation has me wanting to rewatch the whole thing as well.

youtu.be/CX2EFdDMUrY?t=6781 This is the motorcycle part I was talking about, easily my favorite scene in the series.

Agreed, Tenchi ain't perfect but the author's dedication to creating a whole universe it takes place in really pulls me in. It's not "create an entire language" Tolkein-esque worldbuilding, but hell, there's a light novel for Washu, Azusa, and Yosho, detailing their backstories up until the events of the shows.

I hate to say it, but even on halfchan you got better anime threads on Holla Forums and better video game threads on /a/ than vice versa.

Holla Forums is okay but the goons, shills and fuckwits complain about off-topic often enough to piss me off. /tg/ is a little too slow for my liking, and Holla Forums is pretty dead most of the time. Though they're up for doing it occasionally. As it's still animated.

My niggerest of niggers. *I haven't seen VOTOMS, but fuck those designs look good and actually practical if built to scale.**

That's the best you can do. Create world-building. It's really something I have to work on for my own science fiction I am working on.
I don't go to halfchan anymore, so I dunno. I just get disappointed when I think about that site, same thing has happened lately here on 8ch. When I came here well over a year ago discussion quality was thrilling. Had some fun threads, now it's like being on 4chan 2.0. For years people whined back on 4chan, Holla Forums was Holla Forums 2.0 but it wasn't, it was more people knew what they liked and could make a coherent sentence. Outside dubs spam those threads were fucking fun. I learned so many dumb little facts from people about the most inconsequential thing.

Thats mostly because shills and goons dont congregate on offtopic threads.

That first pic reminds me of the fucking fantastic job Aishas VA did in the english dub, just a pleasure to listen to

70s = 80s > 60s > 90s > 10s > 00s.

Something about none traditional voices for grills like aisha and washu give me thu vapurs.

Absolute cancer.

Theres still some pretty comfy threads and the quality of posts and moderation is still better here.

But I do agree, the board declined so ery quickly.
Beginning of 2015 you could blatantly see that decline.

What do you mean with non traditional? Not really faithful to the original but still good?

halfchan you mean? I've been browsing since I was 14. I would honestly say Halfchan became really awful around 2011. It just isn't interesting, or remotely funny. Shitposting really needs to stop outside of shill threads man.

Is the mod that nigger jew from the big infographs?

German dub was excellent too, every character got a good VA

screetchy or nasally, not kawaii uguu

Honestly I love Ryoko too, but lets be real anons. She would be a nightmare to date in real life. Faking pregnancies, she tried to murder her competition, lazy and an alcoholic.

Still better than Ayeka though

Me too.

90's titties were a special thing.

But user, Bannerlord won't be out before 2019.

I'm fine with screeching and nasally. If you're having normal everyday people then they should sound like normal everyday people.

If she comes to our world at random, and an user gets with her I doubt she'll be all that bad. People change overtime, not dramatically but in subtle ways. If she truly loved you eventually she would cut that out.

Technically jewt trying to murder Holla Forums in 08 was the decline, the shilling and shitposting on Holla Forums just became unbearable by 11. But no, he's talking about Holla Forums and Frederick being an indecisive twat.

Can you name any examples?

Thats what makes her rare girly deredere moments all the nicer though.

watch my bride is a mermaid.

The PS1 had some pretty good anime fighters.
Also,

If you want it back you have to recreate it and make it part of the future.

I always thought Moot was an asshole. I wouldn't say Jew, but he was a prick. Yeah, I started browsing ironically in mid-2008. I preferred Holla Forums, and Holla Forums more to Holla Forums. I thought Holla Forums was retarded, it was just posting the same shit over and over. What happened with Holla Forums and who's Frederick?

The German version got a "serious" commercial dub, by people who actually cared and invested a lot of care and money. IIRC there were quite a few great German anime and manga localizations at the time, because people thought it would be the next big thing and invested heavily in talent and licensing.

His mom's a banker m8.

Fuck I'm tired.

So? Just because his mother is a telecommunicator at a bank doesn't make either of them jews. Women can't be trusted with money anways

That's why they're jews. A woman at a bank.
THINK user

Meh. Here have this QT from Pokemon XD.

mamoru or mammary amirite

that bad eh?

A woman has to have some shame, user.

Get out.

But its the best when its an apparently cold or tough girl that reveals her tender pure maiden side to her own shame.

I totally know what you mean. Listen to Botan. Hits all the right notes, lilting tone, sultry without trying. I can listen to her all day.

That's actually pretty good.

People who act tough tend to be the biggest softies. People wear different masks for reasons user.

Have some more.

I think of it less as a "great clown pagliacci" situation and more "inside the biggest bitch theres still a cute grill who wants to be patted on the head and called a good girl.

I assume its why so many best girls i like in modern manga are the 30 year old office workers that want a boyfriend but drink hard and act gruff at work to keep up appearances.

Wew. That giggle she has is perfect.

i only like harem endings in my vidya, in show that little faggot needs to choose one and suffer the consequences.

get started nugger

Damn YYH was great

Eh. It really depends on how much characterization they get. It depends on how much time people want to develop things.

I've never watched Yu Yu Hakasho all the way through

Should I drop what I'm doing right now and watch all of it? I liked these two clips

I don't know if I'd say drop everything, but definitely look into it.

Fugg, that's a lot of catching up.

It holds up really well. It's one of the greats. There's a good BRrip out there that's worth the download. It transferred really well to 1080p A lot of people will tell you that you should stop at the end of the Dark Tournament saga which gives you 66 episodes. I've rewatched it again and I only agree partially. I'll explain a bit more but no matter what you decide, you should watch it even if it's up to that point.

After the Dark Tournament saga, there is a bit of a readjustment to deal with. First off you're no longer dealing with a tournament saga. If you've ever watched a show that has that you already know what to expect but the reason why you stuck with the dark tournament is because it had a lot of buildup and involved a lot of character stories. Afterwards, it's like the show is returning back to square one but with all of the power advancements the characters have gained. The show has to prove that the new villains and threats can beat the last and it does try. I stuck with it because I wanted more and it has its moments. It ends pretty well and the quality of the release has held up. Posting some QUALITY because despite how great its production values were, the moments they lapsed stick out and are amusing. Also have some brown demon girl.

Th-thanks Codemonkey

Also I forgot to mention do not download the Pseudo release which is where those screenshots came from. One of the episodes is missing audio and people are already seeding a different one that includes the movies.

For any interested parties, here's an official post-ending scene where Tenchi fucks one of his wives while his jailbait sister-in-law (by another wife, no less) watches and schlicks:

exhentai.org/g/330194/64093c01bf/

Btw, search for the "Kajishima Masaki" tag and you'll find a gold mine of content, both lewd and not, penned directly by the Tenchi creator's hand.

Hell, here's a pic of an older, deified Ryoko with her and Tenchi's future daughter:

exhentai.org/s/65b863661f/528837-13

Slayers always had such great intros.

I wish for a Japanese garfield game.

There's already one on Vita. It's half VN and half pet-raising simulator. The objective is to turn Umaru into less of a shit.

I've finally been motivated to try and find a video editor that doesn't shit itself when I try and run it on my compy.
Can change audio which is nice but I can't seem to figure out any way to enable subs so that is a little annoying.
I imagine I have to strip them somehow and import them into a designated subtitle track.
Regardless here is my first webm test with this program.
Photon: The Idiot Adventures created by Masaki Kajishima.

I need this in my life.

Slayers Intro: 8ch.pl/a/src/1463614195069.webm

I'd rather have one for a platform that isn't a waste of money, like the PS4 or PC.

Truly the dark souls of princess makers.

No thanks.

Just give me a clock tower meets siren game based on the SHIKI anime.

Photon was one of those unexpectedly fantastic anime that I didn't find out about until a couple of years ago. I'm really glad I found it, too, because aside from the first half of the last episode getting unexpectedly dark, the show is an absolute blast.

Meant to quote

Making short videos can be pretty easy or complicated. I'm a bit lazy so I haven't bothered with ffmpeg but I get around it by daisy-chaining videos from wondershare filmora to shotcut. I cut the video in wondershare and encode it in mp4 then send it to shotcut to make sure the webm comes out right. Shotcut is very volatile so you have to open it up everytime you want to do a video. You can't remove the source and start over if you're doing more than one kind of edit. Maybe when I'm a bit less lazy I'll get around to ffmpeg.

Slayers Intro v2: 8ch.pl/a/src/1463616627627.webm
Slayers NEXT: 8ch.pl/a/src/1463616603359.webm
I can't tell which one I love better. Not to sound like a faggot but these Openings are like quintessential 90s, especially NEXT for its use of the synth pianos.

Are they doing a sequel to this? I remember they left it open for one.
I only want to see my dark elf waifu again

kind of sad really.

Get out of my head user.
Are you the same guy that posted those Labyrinth of Flames webms a few weeks ago?

Isn't synchronicity fun?
No, I wasn't that guy.

I reorganized my shit a while ago and now I don't know where I put anything

Patrician taste, user.

El-Hazard was another great 90's IP. It was created by Hiroki Hayashi, the director of the original Tenchi Muyo OVA, and was every bit as good.

Great art, great characters, great setting, great music, great writing.

It's also one of the rare animes where the English dub is not only as good as the Japanese dub, but straight up blows it out of the water.

Plus it had my first delicious brown-fu: Shayla-Shayla. Since it was an OVA, they didn't skimp out on the nudity, either. It might have been the first anime I'd seen with full-on nipple shots.

I forgot Mihoshi sounded that cute. Truly the second best girl.

More like third after Kiyone with Ryoko being best girl.

Kiyone is cute, too, but the other girls are more interesting.

Am I the only one who likes Sasami the best?

I first thought Sasami was best girl because I'd think
Then I had a case of brown girl fetish and was like
Then I had a semi-Yandere thing where it more based on confidence to where
But now it is Washu because my dick is made of dorky girl fetish.
Was never Ayeka because to me she was a bland princess who should have been above fighting with Ryoko or at least not as apparently emotional.
Was never Kiyone because she always came across to me as nothing but Mihoshi's friend who plays the Straight-man to Mihoshi's Gag-man.

Oh god that templating I threw up a little

Also that game had like 9 different rulebooks.

Little bitch doesn't appreciate everything Dark Horse Comics did for American scum, long before he was born.

Ditto. Got the OVA's on VHS from the local video store, where the ONLY anime was Akira, and threee Ranma OVA's in the "cult" section.

But VIZ had the translated manga. Which had ranma boobies, and no "Over 18+ Only" warning on the cover.

The Director/Cast commentary track was JESUS FUCK hilarious.

All the girls (and a couple of guys) just drinking/laughing at all the lewd shit happening onscreen. Sometimes the girls would switch into anime voice mode and just go insane.

Match you.

>Labyrinth of Flames
that was me, your trips have summon me

Slayers intro

Placed the stereo in front of the TV, pressed RECORD on the tape deck, recorded the intro song off the pirated eng sub VHS copy of copy of copy… pressed STOP.

Listened to the intro on my walk up to the train station for a few years, on and off.

You kids today, with your Napster and your Kazaa and your mp3s crashing Winamp…

Nice comics fam. I might give this other show they are talking about a watch.

I don't think this is gonna work…

Maybe Baka BT best place to look?

Nothing announced as of yet but I'd be down for season 2. Also, fun fact: Isekai was supposed to be a two-cour season (24 episodes) but their TV slot got pulled at the last minute. So they kept working on it and instead released it as 12 double-length OVAs. That's why several of the episodes have a thematic break right in the middle, where there was originally an ending of one episode and the beginning of the next.

Fuck yeah, El Hazard. I heard a rumor some time back that they got Kajishima Masaki to work under the table on it, too, which might explain why it's so good.

see and

Thank you, these are fantastic. Especially the cross-dressing joke and the old guy being Tenchi's master.

BakaBT is how I got them a long time ago, but it would probably help to search around a bit. Try this one: bakabt.me/torrent/181106/el-hazard-the-magnificent-world-bd-1080p-bbt-rmx and if you like Magnificent World then you should go for Alternate World. And Photon, because Photon is hysterical.

Grandpa, no one use Napster and Kazaa anymore!

Don't worry, I feel old too.

Cheers man.

Best of luck, let me know if it works.

It is working. Usually I go for smaller file size like 720p but should be worth since I have the space.

>not winmx

I hate what AoL did to the internet.

Its you dont even want to download porn files labled as anime.

Thanks for the 4komas, user. Great stuff.

There are more here:

exhentai.org/g/518031/6cdf8f6846/

Thread is auto-saging. Did we want to make a new one, or keep this as a rare, special occurrence?

if anons want to keep talking about the anime games of the 90's its better than another goons vs pol thread.

Maybe the subject could be slightly more broad like just Anime games?

I do like the 90s aesthetic better though I don't know why but many of the older Anime end up on my re-watch backlog. Like Trigun and Outlaw Star.

Why are people from SA even coming here? don't they pay wow subscription for their tranny mod forum?

The ones that get banned have a wierd victim complex and think 'gamergate did it' and shit the board up as part of a 'plan' like /int/ on a bad day.

this whole thread was a fluke, user.

I'm up for it. Archive for this thread?

archive.is/O5rUq