Flopped hard

It's going to be F2P by the end of the year.

It's Street Fighter. It will never go F2P. Why did you make this thread?

Except pretty much every game that has a cash shop and isn't selling well does.
Also capcom is filled with jews.

Capcom being filled with Jews is exactly why the game won't ever go F2P. People in the FGC are always gonna be buying costume packs and the game will get somewhat of a sales boost in June or July or whenever the actual story mode releases for it.

Third Strike flopped harder than this and it never went F2P.

For cosmetics and skins, I hope.
Not for whole characters, right?

who cares i'll only buy it in 3 years anyways

In a normal, healthy industry not filled with fucking retards, this would be a golden opportunity to flush out old blood and replace it with new one.
I'm specifically talking about KoF taking over.
I don't even fucking like KoF but i would give anything to see this stale as fuck FGC finally change and have some other game take the spotlight after decades, i'm so sick of SF and SF fans, i'm sick of looking at their dumb, zombie faces every fucking time there's a FGC event of any kind, i want something new to finally take over.

This is why this industry is shit, the same 5 goddamn series crushing everything else not by virtue but simply by sales and consumer loyalty.

Then on the other side of the spectrum you've got Holla Forums shitting on anything different because it's too hipster for them, so either way you can't goddamn win, it's popular mindless shit that sells out of brand recognition vs unpopular shit that gets shat on by elitists, and all the games in between don't get too unpopular or too popular and their fanbases are safe in their circlejerk bubble UNTIL their series becomes popular and then it completely loses it's identity and the original fans become huge snobs and the new fans are fucking retarded and the cycle repeats.

I hate everything about this industry, i hate the way big companies treat their own IPs like shit, i hate how retarded the average video game enthusiast is, and i hate Holla Forums and everyone on it for being huge hipsters just as retarded as casuals.

Video games were a mistake.

I find it much easier to sift through the shit here.

If someone has shit opinions on Holla Forums you can usually pick them out after their first post, and move on.

However, it seems that almost everyone I meet irl has shit opinions, and it's damn near impossible to find someone who can recognize a good game. Hence why I rarely talk about video games with random people I meet, I only go full sperg with my closest friends, and sometimes some of the guys working at the local game shop know whats up.

jokes on you, i'm getting a vive for explicitly this purpose

Is 1.5m sales from 2m expectations flopped hard?

Characters too. There is however grindable in ingame currency and other shit where you can easily get like 5 characters worth of ingame currecny without much of a grind. And seeing as they play to release 6 characters during the year it doesn't seem like all that much. Still shit though I agree.

Didn't you make this same thread a few days ago with the same exact OP image? Where did Ono touch you?

That's probably the first good use of VR yet. But it just won't be the same without the feeling of soft ass cheeks on your face or the breath play.

SF4 sold three million units in the same time frame, so yes, it is a flop, not to mention it didn't even meet capcoms sale expectation so it's a double flop.

The saddest thing of all is that Capcom won't even know why SF5 sold so badly.

Ono literally just made a public apology for the SFV launch like a day ago. Pretty sure they know why it's doing poorly.

In the modern age of gaming, Yes a AAA game selling that much is a flop.

Capcom really was stupid for releasing the game in the state it was in.
Literally all they had to do is instead call it beta or Early access and no one would have complained and the reviews wouldn't have been so low.

Just hold on until the next big form of entertainment hits and video games are made obsolete. Then you get to be the old timer stuck in the past bitching about the good old days when video games were good for the kids and the current stuff is the devil.

I talked to a friend who got SFV and he says the gameplay itself is fantastic, but everything else is dogshit. In my humble opinion, he's got it right, SFV is a ton of fun to play as long as you ignore all the other buttons around VS Mode. I love all the systems they added to make their classic characters feel new again. If the game had come out more complete, with most the features, and started with good netcode, he thinks SFV would have twice the sales.

But that's what happens when companies think they can shove an unfinished product out into the market. It's kind of sad seeing a company treat its treasured IP like that. Sure, you put the most effort in the right place, the gameplay, but you couldn't spruce up everything else in the package? Maybe that's why Capcom can't touch the MonHun Dev Team, because those guys know how the fuck to make a good, feature packed, fun game, and make it on time.

I guess its all a matter of how far the industry and technology has come and peoples' expectations. Back when Capcom and SNK were duking it out, they made tons of games and revisions, but they tried to put as much polish on their products as possible, to one-up the rival company. Of course, online play didn't exist in those days so that wasn't an issue draining their manpower. Hell, I remember getting GG #Reload and trying to play over Xbox Live. Looking back on those days, the netcode was awful, but when I was young and in love, just being able to play online against another human being was incredible. The fighting games of the past came loaded with features and multiple gameplay modes because they needed selling points to steal customers from other companies, and it was great. That really doesn't happen nowadays. And back in the day, when a company announced that they delayed the release of their game, most people had good faith that the company was making extra sure the game was a good as possible. Sort of like how the Nintendo Seal of Quality actually meant something in the 90's. Nowadays, with the Internet and company employees subjecting themselves to stalkers at all hours of the day, when you announce a delay, the Internet gets super fucking pissed and the employees hear no end to it.

I dunno. Maybe is right, video games were a mistake. I can't imagine being a game dev in this day and age being any fun anymore.

I'll just wait until their next game comes out but I'm not expecting a big change.

Is the salt over Pokken outselling SF5 still flowing?

Except it will, that will attract lots of people to the FGC and print more money for Capcom. It's a master plan.

Maybe next time Capcopm will think twice before releasing an incomplete game.

Should have released it on V(alentines) Day 2017 but Sony cash…

say what you will about Capcom, but Ono is a fucking genius and the best maker of fighty games there is. I bet he hates all of this shit too.

Why do SF characters have such disgusting bodies.

SF fans are truly the battered housewives of vidya.