S.T.A.L.K.E.R. thread

I want to have a S.T.A.L.K.E.R. thread. I have not beat SoC because old PC died many months ago and might restart because 2009 hurts my eyes. Is the patched version good to restart with.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=vbAbZwnaHcU,
youtube.com/watch?v=P6ue4XaPzj0.
mega.nz/#!BEURFZTS!tEK74MPfFspHYyyBni6GVUklIA1XHpwQMbxnimcY-qw
gamershell.com/download_20723.shtml
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=378327686
moddb.com/mods/call-of-chernobyl
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

LOL CHEEKI BREEKI

another shit franchise you people play like Memehammer 40k and Grinder Hunter fuck off and play some better games.

Like overwatch or doom right?

Faggot

No some VNs

Yeah, play a REAL game like Skyrim or Wildstar!
I bet y'all don't even play VN's!

Seriously though, I've finished CoP around 2 months ago and it was a blast. I think I'm gonna give Valley of Whispers a try.

Ray of Hope never ever ;_;

Currently playing Call of Chernobyl, first time trying out a free play mod and it's surprisingly fun considering there's no real goal other than wandering the world and doing tasks. I like how they merged the maps from all three games and even added a new area, I still haven't managed to go through all of it. Having to fight your way all the way to the opposite side of the map thanks to respawning enemies can be a pain though. Fuck those military outposts.

Get ZRP and you should be good to go.

There's some problems with CoC, but it seems that the upcoming patch is going to fix most of those.

?
pic related is still topical I guess.

CoC was fine as fuck when I played it during the pre-release leaked beta. What problems does it have now? Did they add some shit to it with the release? I heard they made it so that you need to have a legit copy of CoP installed on your computer but that doesn't bother me since I still have my DVDs of all the games anyway.

I will go back to this game again. I spent a long time modding and patching it, only to still have problems. Its a royal pain in the ass and the game itself is already pretty rough, so getting into it will take some time.

Just waiting for a working co-op mod.

ray of hope when?

Problems? Only problem I've really experienced are some weird crashes that not even the crash log seems to notice.

He's probably talking about complete 2009, which adds a bunch of post processing effects.

Ray of Hope never ever along with Gunslinger ;_;

I'm talking about stuff that was missing, actually. There's going to be more missions available now and they're only now getting around to populating laboratories and making multiple starting locations

Power is a strange thing anons.

I think the only difficult enemies would be mutants but a shotgun always solves it.

Damn. Well I got patience.

What people?

Casuals, I assume.

Хана тебе, дядя.

The ones in my head

t. edgelord

Hey man, they shot first.

Also something's been bothering me at the end of call of pripyat. Thanks to Streloks fuckup and taking his sorry ass out of pripyat, is the zone still growing?

No one knows what the fuck is even up with the Zone and how it functions.

?

Call of Chernobyl

lmao would you like me to make a mod for you user

Set difficulty to master. Difficulty is retarded in this game, lower difficulties only make it so that bullets randomly do no damage when they hit, both for your enemies and you. If it still feels spongey install Complete 2009 with weapons addon or if you're not a disgrace install AMK Autumn Edition.

I entered army warehouses and 6 Dutyers with exosuits became hostile just after ventilating the freedoms, after barely managing to kill them all. I found that the Dutyers in Rostok hasn't wanted me dead yet for killing 6 of their finest stalkers. Is this a bug or some sort?

When's RoH coming out?

I'd like to restart the game but I want more weapons and their real names and these mod charts don't go into more detail on it, what are mods, youtube.com/watch?v=vbAbZwnaHcU, youtube.com/watch?v=P6ue4XaPzj0.

How is the new OGSE?

I was hyped for years, but I still didn't download it because I burned out of stalker a few years ago.

Please tell me it's as good as the old OGSE

So I downloaded the game a while ago and it was unplayable as fuck. I find it amazing there's such a small amount of help for such an essential step to playing the game.

In any case Is the community patch necessary and where do I get it? I'de like to actually play this fucker without having enemies spawn right of me, and floating cars.

was it that hard?

The shitty starter mod packs are optional but they do add some nice features like sleeping and repairing weapons. but that's it.

Yea but wasn't there an issue with downgrading the game being a pain in the ass?

Also what site hosts the patch?

don't tell me you actually bought the game and gave Gregorbitch your money for another Ferrari.

No I just don't know what version to get.

Pretty much all of the new weapon models and guns are removed in the latest version, everything is a gigantic bullet sponge, vendor prices are fucked, and ammo is insanely rare which when combined with bullet sponge enemies is pretty AIDS.

I made a modular unfucker for it a couple months ago that fixes the bullet sponge shit and ammo drops and makes it pretty playable if you're interested.

if was too complicated for you, you should consider suicide.

maybe I will check it out.
Well,there weren't that many new guns to begin with. I think. And some of them just looked plain ugly.

mega.nz/#!BEURFZTS!tEK74MPfFspHYyyBni6GVUklIA1XHpwQMbxnimcY-qw

Even with all the warts, once it's unfucked I'd say OGSE is probably the best SoC experience at the moment.

More like unclear and unhelpful. I downloaded the game and installed the patch just fine and still got a buggy mess. I presumed I got the wrong patch so I tried another download and ended up with the same results.

I'm not saying it's hard to search the internet for a patch but why aren't links to this shit provided in these threads if it's such an essential component? I'm going to try this one this time. gamershell.com/download_20723.shtml

I've yet to bother trying another torrent. So maybe the problem was the game. Though it had plenty of downloads and seeders so who knows.

Download this and don't worry about patching shit. It just werks. magnet:?xt=urn:btih:2eed5641306c936dabdd0e30ad87ababa3609b2c&dn=STALKER+Trilogy+%282007-2010%29+%28Multi3%29+RePack+By+R.G+Mechanic

I'm enjoying it so far. Do you guys not like it or something? I remember you guys used to hate the shit out of Complete

Speaking of Lost Alpha. how the fuck do you work the safe? clicking anywhere on the dial moves it back/forth and it randomly CLICKS and moves to the next number. whenever I DO get it on the right number, it CLICKS right as soon as I click the dial again

help?

nvm, figured it out, but now its crashing after opening the safe

LA is broken as fuck and arguably not even worth a playthrough.

OGSE a shit

come at me

Like Skyrim and FO4 right?

Im playing through it and so far all I had problems with was the rat mob sounds crashing the game, quick google fixed that though.

I just completed the Bandit Base infiltration. I've had less crashes than my Vanilla and 2 Complete playthrus so far

like 99% of my crashes were from Alt Tabbing, but now I've figured out how to make it work

I was hoping there'd be a STALKER thread. Currently making another pass at hitting the end, this time with Autumn Aurora and a save I haven't visited in months. Forgot how to X18 and showed a friend of mine how creepy STALKER can get. Should I be looking to replace my Abakan yet? Heading into X16 soon. I've gone that far before but not much further after that. I just love how modular it is and have been finding it decently accurate/reliable without sacrificing anti-facefucking capabilities

Any chance we can just Liru it back into existence?

The devs for Escape From Tarkov did an 'alpha' stream 8 hours ago. The looks visually okay, but it's basically DayZ: STALKER (minus zombies) and all the open world survival multiplayer bullshit that entails.

And before anyone asks it's 1 hour 27 minutes long so I'm not making a webm of it.

LOST ALPHA SUCKS

Honestly, I'm just glad it'll be an Arma/DayZ style game with actual good gunplay. all my autist Mustard Race friends keep bugging me to play ARMA with them but its boring as fuck.

why?

for the mod list in Clear Sky Arsenal Overhaul should be added since its out for Clear Sky now. It feels like an incomplete version of the latest Call of Pripyat release - but it still makes the combat a lot better while also containing things like Atmosfear and other shit

some of the stuff in OGSE is awesome - especially the new quest lines, but one thing that pisses me off are the new terrain features added to existing areas, particularly in the Bar. Why is there like a marathon length road of nothingness added before i can go to the bar, there's nothing there and serves no purpose but to triple the time it takes to get there - its the same with Warehouses. Also Darkscape is cool and all, but kind of feels a bit unnecessarily huge (although it is neat to just walk around and explore i guess)

also those creepy plant anomaly things that grab you - you can't see them most of the time and your only cue is some audio of flies buzzing around. I don't think anything has killed me more than those plants because of how hard it is to know that they're even there most of the time

I wager the design idea behind that is to increase the time it takes to get to traders, which forces you to be very choosy with what you pick up. Honestly, with my unfucker you can get pretty much everything you need via scavenging, so the shitty trader prices and looooong as fuck treks required to get to said traders isn't too bad.

Once you get the bioscanner, all anomalies including those plants show up on your radar so they become very easy to avoid.

blyat

I get that there are no women in the Zone but I don't think there are enough twinks either

I didn't even think Russians could breed twinks.

Don't mind me STALKER, just exploring your Zone :^)

Cheeky breeki :^)))

many vodka makes anything possible

I actually follow a tumblr blog that posts their STALKER OC's. nothing sexual tho, not that I'm complaining. its just cool to see, even with art and such

GET OUT OF HERE faggot

So I'm a fair way into SoC (about to go to the red forest for the first time), will installing mods now break the game? What about visual enhancement mods? I'm currently using ZRP.

Да. Весь, в прошлом, сохраненный прогресс будет недоступен, если внести какие-либо изменения в игру.

Just finish the game first, most mods are best experienced right from the start anyway

It will break the game so hard that you will have to sacrifice your children to Slaanesh to have any hope of unfucking it.
Possibly
That's all you need for your first run-through.

Yeah I wasn't planning on anything that changed gameplay too much especially overhauls.
Are clear sky and CoP much different than SoC? I'm thinking of using an overhaul my first run through on those but only if the vanilla experience is very similar to SoC…

Clear sky is quite a bit different and CoP feels like a polished version of SoC with some of the added mechanics from clear sky.

I played complete 2009 based on an user's recommendation
What's wrong with it?

Supposedly it made the game easier because weight limits were raised or something. STALKER general always hates any mod that isn't ZOA or Arsenal and shit. No one here's even talking about Misery, and 2 years ago, they wouldn't shut up about it.

just play what you want and have fun. Also, dont forget to look at the sky from 3:30-4am for that special COMPLETE surprise

Vanilla, or even mildly bugfixed vanilla SoC is still like a 4/10.

Without extensive weapon and locational damage multiplier tweaks the experience ranges from awful to average at best.

Fuck off retard, complete is a textbook example of a bad mod fucking over newcomers.

ok but why?
explain your reasoning instead of whining and proving my point

It makes the Ai blind and retarded, the guns more powerful, has a bunch of shitty graphics change and pretty much the only remotely good thing about it is that one easter egg.

Any AMK variant is a better choice otherwise.

The weight changes are irrelevant since I never played any mod without bumping it to 5000kg

There's no way or mod to fast travel in CoC, right?

look at him and laugh

Sprinting is already in the game

Nah, I was just trying to save a dead-locked character from his situation, but it seems I'll have to let go

If you have modding knowledge you might be able to drop a teleport point on your coordinates to unfuck yourself.

I've beaten SoC and CoP in Vanilla and I noticed no AI difference in COMPLETE. The AI is and always will be absolutely perfect or retarded. there is no middle ground.

bumping your weight automatically makes you a fucking loser by the way.

COMPLETE has Fast Travel but it was shit if I remember correctly…

>bumping your weight automatically makes you a fucking loser by the way.
I'd rather have fun over not getting half the mod content
I always do a second normal playthrough without changing that once I know what's good and what ain't
Nice job complaining about people getting butthurt about how other people play then doing the exact same by the way.

hypocrite. I'm calling you out cause you called others out. I'm not telling anyone else how to play but you

You asked for an opinion on complete and I gave you one, I didn't tell you you shouldn't play it if you so desire.

Also
Unless you're playing MISERY that is

With all the issues it has, I still love it for the sheer amount of story and quest content that is FUN:

Yep, still probably the best SoC experience.

The Dead City quests alone would make for a great SoC mod.

It literally does since you can carry more guns/ammo/supplies and more shit to sell which makes you more money and gets you more supplies.

You disgust me.

What a waste of digits. Why do you even fucking bother playing STALKER? You might like Fallout 4 more.

Buffing guns (for you AND enemies) is too easy, but making your character a walking tank isn't???

Don't look for logic or rationale in his kind user, for your sanity.

I don't mind modding weight within reason. 50-60kg is fine, it lets you carry a weapon or two with a certain amount of ammo and other supplies. And don't tell me about muh supply shortage, I've played the games long enough to do well with 2-3 mags for a primary weapon and just looting everything else. What I hate, though, is retardedly low weight limits, like 30-35kg, you can fuck right off with that shit if this is your idea of fun difficulty.

35kg is more than enough though.

What's the fucking point of weighing your choices and making decisions if you can carry around 1000+ rounds of ammo, 4+ guns and 15+ medkits all at once? It takes too much from the game.

You can't do that with 50kg, though. Not without leaving 0 room for loot.

So instead of leaving tons of shit you can't use on the ground it goes in the back of your inventory, the only reason I put it that high is so that I can test all the shit from the mod without having to backtrack all the time or reset traders endlessly to see that one gun they sell I wanna try..

More money is useless since you never need to buy shit I mean fucking hell you can get an armor, an AN-94 / AK-74 and several hundred rounds in fucking Cordon without spending a single ruble and with just that and drops/stashes you're set till the red forest.

More supplies is useless since even with a 50kg limit you can still carry 10 medkits, 30 bandage, one or two food items, a gun with the local flavor of ammo drops and a good armor and one or two F1s for when shit gets bad , even if you only go back to a trader if needed by the storyline and don't pick anything it's more than enough, and before you go "well it's easy if you haul tons of supplies around" even with a fifth of those supplies you will have several times that once you're done without even fucking buying any.

More guns is useless since a scoped AR with the local flavor of ammo drops is all you'll ever need.

Anyway you can pretend otherwise but I never had any more trouble in my normal playthroughs that in my content tourist playthrough, actually it's generally the opposite since I go out of my way to try the crap guns in the later.

If you actually want to you have a some decision making use a 30kg limit and stop pretending 50kg is somehow harder than anything above it when you're never gonna hit the bottom of your supplies anyway.

There is zero reason to loot if you are capable of carrying that much in the first place. It's not like you would need to get better guns that do more damage per bullet to save on ammo weights, since you made weight irrelevant. If you are going to be changing something as fundamental to the game as your carry weight you might just be happier playing other games that will appeal to your casual sensibilities.

Funny, considering the base game weight limit is 50kg.

I think we are approaching this game series in different ways. I notice that everyone complaining about anything reducing difficulty is having an innawoods mentality. "Let me gather the bare minimum of supplies, and go on a 6-hour trek into the zone, barely scraping by". It's a fine mentality, but for me, about 1000 hours into the franchise, it has become just a game. A very good game, mind you, but just a game, not second coming of Christ. Part of what I like STALKER for is looting. Low weight limit makes looting and carrying the loot tedious as fuck, with inventory micromanagement out the ass. I hate that, I grew tired of that like 4 years ago, now I want to be able to loot without the grief of spending 5 minutes at every corpse figuring out what I should drop to carry that FUCKING night star.

what kind of magic was that

Who actually plays vanilla anymore? Besides your original post about this said
This kinda implies that you are, you know, modding weight. Plus the whole 60kg part which I'd bet is where you sit.

Dunno who implied it was.

If this is true then why do you say this?

You do realize you are saying "I like looting but I don't like having to deal with loot"? Go play Fallout 4 user. Then you can just mindlessly press E on every shiny thing you come across like you want. Stop shitting up STALKER.

Like I said, Fallout 4.

For mods with less than 50kg carry weight, yes. Also, a nice bet, but a losing one.

No, not really, dunno where you got that from. Part of looting is being able to carry the loot.

Fuck off.

Elitism about every little thing is what's shitting up STALKER. Do you also defend bullet sponge mods because they make you waste more ammo?

Yeah, when your carry weight is 49.9 out of 50.0, and you really don't want to drop any of the other artifacts or that nice gun.

Stop projecting your elitism insecurities onto others and go shitpost in Boston Salt Party threads, get that Fallout out of your system.

Allow me to redemonstrate.

"I like looting"
"I don't like dealing with loot once it goes from the floor to my inventory"

It's pretty clear.

Nigger, you are on Holla Forums first of all. Secondly if having standards and understanding why I enjoy the games I enjoy is elitist then guilty as charged and proud of it. If you are so worried about "elitism" I can think of other places for you to shitpost, places that enjoy the broader audience a lack of "elitism" entails. You probably know it.

Stop putting words into my mouth. There's plenty of dealing with the loot after you pick it up at 50kg, except it's not as tedious. I don't like tedium. Do you?

Yeah, the Holla Forums that gave birth to LURK with its strawberry jam screen, and that idolized (temporarily, thankfully) the MMO tier shit that is Misery.

>Secondly if having standards and understanding why I enjoy the games I enjoy is elitist

You emphasized the wrong word. Let me help you.

>and understanding why I enjoy
There, that's the correct way. Telling me that your way is the only right way is elitism, fuck right off with that shit.

Yes, mention leddit, mention steam forums, mention gamefags while you're at it.

I've been playing STALKER games since SoC was released, I went and bought SoC on its release day, still got the physical copy sitting on my shelf. I know why I enjoy the games, and I don't need other people to tell me that I enjoy them the wrong way, it won't fly with me.

Personally, my thought on weight limits/general loot limits in games is this: I don't mind having very little if there's very little to be found, period. When there's way more stuff to be found than I can take, is when we have a problem. If games don't want you to carry a lot at once, there simply shouldn't be much stuff to carry in the first place.

So yeah, I always bump up my carrying capacity in Stalker. And other games too. AND I APOLOGIZE FOR NOTHING.

But wait there's more

wait… you literally proved my point with that pic. I thought you were being sarcastic, but you're the guy who unironically bumped the limit that high.

"B-b-but max weight doesnt make the game easier!!!"

That was hardcoded into vanilla, and only engine mods like OGSE removed this hardcoding.

wait a minute. you fucking modified the GUN weights. thats even worse and MORE autistic

Depends on the economy of the specific mod in question. If you can only sell things for ~10% value, but buy prices are jacked up to ~200%, I don't really see anything wrong with cranking up the carry weight to 60-70, but I prefer just modding the amount of ammo drops until it's at a reasonable rate and just scavenging everything because manually unfucking all of the trade prices is awful.

I can carry all that shit with the weight limit turned down user and even without the artifacts and armor I could carry that shit on the normal weight limit, can you honestly say that being able to carry more than that would make the game any easier?

Nope I didn't, everything is stock AO 3.0 except the base carry weight.

Why not 3.1?

It's an older save and 3.1 wasn't released at that time.

What? There is no difference in how you manage inventory regardless of your weight. If anything a smaller inventory is less tedious, what with that much less room for items and all.

Then promptly aborted it. Don't get selective memory on me now, Holden was chased out with torches and pitchforks after the jelly screen.

I never used the word right for a start. Only that anyone who changes their weight limit and then goes through this whole shitpost fest to justify their actions to complete strangers is a casual faggot that misses the point of the game.

Spare me.

You want your Holla Forums club card now?

kek

So is this game just multiplayer?

Because if it is it just went from great hope to garbage. I already played Unturned, I don't need the exact same concept, sans crafting, with better graphics.

I just want STALKER with an engine that isn't so atrocious that it makes gamebryo look flawless by comparison.

Contract Wars (a Freemium FPS that's pretty good, think Battlefield with Call of Duty map sizes and game modes, with STALKER-esque settings) is the Multiplayer. its on Facebook and Kongregate, and coming to steam soon.

Escape from Tarkov is more STALKER like, and it IS an MMO with PVP battles, but the devs said it has Single Player options too. The Gunplay is what I'm looking forward to the most myself.

No this footage isn't a bullshot/pre-rendered. this is the in-game UNITY engine, believe it or not

op here where csn you find abundant 9x39

UNITY HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

I have no idea how they pull it off, but it's probably the best looking Unity game ever.

Here's what the Facebook game looks like on High. I couldnt get my Framerate to go above 30 tho, but I think it might be the internet/game's issue.

These sound effects are give me boners but i dont have the faith in this project what is the point of this game besides shoot stuff to loot stuff to live to repeat. what is the point explain to use shill.

There's lore in it. 2 competing PMC's in a post WWIII Russia. the FB game is the war between the two, and Escape from Tarkov is more of a Loner story I guess. We don't got alot of info yet. The devs are almost unknown, having only ever made that FB game, but hot damn if it isn't better than Counter Strike GO on its own. ONE (only one) dev from the S.T.A.L.K.E.R. devs is working on it too. idk which one, again not alot of info on them. They're straight up russian tho.

Basically, it's gonna be STALKER, but Open World, with Day Z style pvp

well it has a story, and some shit, that can be done in singleplayer, i've seen the new gameplay from the stream but it doesnt look as good, i hope they didn't downgrade it

So I modded the carry weight, how's it look?
Autism took hold and I became a hoarder

Oh, and autist levels of gun customization.

yeah I heard about that too. hopefully it was just the stream or something…

oh fuck yes the weapon customization is crazy, also bullets ricochet and can change direction after piercing something, and there's some cool stuff you can do like checking bullets in chamber and dropping your magazine for a tactical reload, the thing i didnt see on stream was what they showed before that you could turn the weapon sideways if you had 2 different sights like in minute 1:45 of this video

I liked the Scope with the RDS on top too. It's in the FB game too, but they havent implimented the RDS yet. so it's there, but you cant use it.

I like the FB game, but hot damn, once you get to lvl 50 and up (70 is max, but at 60, the EXP requirements are 10x more than 59) it's full of P2W tryhards, even on Hardcore. I stopped playing non-HC cause P2W'ers would buy the skills that you cant unlock for free, such as full body armor and shit. in HC, everyone is equal, but you can still use P2W weapons.
FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFUCK the Auto Saiga. Those faggots deserve 100 dicks up their asses.

Here's the alpha stream. At one point in the video you can see him firing an AK without the dust cover on. That alone is pretty interesting.

Yeah this contract Wars made looks good and i noticed the customizaiton i want to get but for cheap i have no faith in this, alos why the fuck are extended mags considered a mod its not an intergral part of the gun that was always retarded to me.

also i want some mods for STALKER SoC because i cant make amk autumn edition work, tarkov fags go make your own thread

Try Contract Wars. It's free and is from the same devs. if you don't end up liking it, then pass on Escape from Tarkov.

The weapon add ons are weird tho. you gotta complete a task first, which is unique to each gun, then you can start unlocking add ons afterwards. Some guns do not have add ones tho, so be careful. if it seems OP as vanilla, don't buy it unless you really love it.
I unlocked (paid with in-game money cause fuck paying for freemium games) the AN94, which is the most expensive free2play gun. holy shit. 5 Magazines of usage costs 10,000 credits. For comparison, a beginner rifle, completely broken, costs like 5k to fully repair, and a medium-tier rifle costs about 20k for full repair. 5 AN94 mags was equivalent to 3% damage My point, which I forgot about til now, was that it doesnt even have add ons past the 100 Double Kills for a Holo Sight.

Fuck shtty facebook games if this shit is on the steam version i pass if tarkov deos the same i pass too i can play survarium for free if i want that.

Contract Wars is coming to Steam too. Just try it man. don't be a puss puss

steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=378327686

nah man dont torture yourself playing survarium

Leave.

I really wish stealth worked in this game.

is WebM for the mentally challenged supposed to take so fuckin long???

I'd post gameplay but A) the game itself ran at like 20-30 fps or there was alot of stuttering. I cant tell the difference anymore. and B) OBS recorded gameplay at 1 frame per 5 seconds. I gotta tinker with the settings more, but not tonight

also, good night. I'm taking a break from L.A. cause this happened.

Can't go wrong with AMK + Arsenal.

Many thanks user. After a lengthy download I finally managed to play it and it's running immensely less shitty than what I played prior

I got really hyped for the game by having a bottle of Vodka next to me and my Adida sweatpants. I ended up stopping because half a bottle is gone and I'm having trouble seeing straight.

I can see why Holla Forums likes this game. So far I've gotten past the Sewers and I've just gotten to the Bar. The next area is Lab X13 and I remember you fucks saying how spooky that shit is. I don't deal well with spooky so we'll see how it turns out tomorrow.

Otherwise fun ass game so far. If not a bit too breeki with bugs. I've run in to some pretty shitty things that fucked over my game. I exited the sewers the way I came in and that basically told the game that I hadn't completed the mission so I had to go all the way through it because the game said so. And Wolf was still alive so he ran straight in to a military compound and died so when I spent a shitload of health kits and ammo making sure he would survive and he just led me to the beginning of the sewers again so I could start the mission over It took me a while to realize I had to go through the entirety of the sewers to complete the mission which was kinda bullshit

Otherwise it wasn't bad. I cant wait till the game gives me a sniper rifle (hopefully) because I'm tired of sniping bandits with my automatic.

Also I run this game on a toaster. Would mods to make the game look a bit better ruin the perfect frame rate I have? also where do you guys go for mods?

Does anyone plays CoC with dynamic hud, AO and desolation addons too ?
All it needs its now, is a addon to bring the artifact balance/synergy closer to ShoC or CS instead of the radiation balance of CoP.Aside from transmutation
Looks like 1.4 will finally bring some actual a-life to underground levels.

USSR wasn't communistic country it was socialistic.

Oh boy, here comes the dictionary to tell us what Communism means

Leave.

9000 hours in mspaint i tried

Bump

Jesus Christ, fuck the monolith. Got into the sarcophagus and half the time my quickloads spawn in enemies with Gauss rifles right next to me. On top of that everywhere I wanna go is apparently deadly radioactive. Fuck everything about this

Also how many goats do I need to sacrifice for a stable framerate in CoP?

Well shit dude, what the fuck kind of mods are you running

Guys help. The Lab is mentally fucking my shit up. I'm to spooked to go on.

The spooky things have a weakness: bullets.

I'm running low of boolets

Is there any mod for SoC where i can join Monolit?

About to pop my STALKER cherry with SoC this afternoon,and I don't really feel like installing a bunch of mods. Is vanilla a viable option? Or is it too outclassed?

Yes, just make several save files in case you run into a bug or crash.

Awesome, thanks.

DMM:AE

Barely anything. It's weird as shit. I was getting a decent framerate with mods in SoC (albeit one that sat around 80-90fps) and then I swapped over to CoP and was fluctuating between 120 and 40. I just blunt force fixed it by cranking shit down but even then I'll have a drop of about 40fps if I look in the wrong direction
Currently have an FOV increase .dll, absolute nature and AO w/ Pripyat Reborn
Also getting way more crashes than when I last played the game. Tried talking to a stalker I rescued and the game crashed with 100% repro rate

It's not even like I have a potato. It's not the absolute highest end PC but I can max out just about anything I feel like playing
Except, apparently, slavgames

Kinda considering ramming my face into the sarcophagus again

What am I supposed to do with the faction badges in CoC?
Is there any use besides randomly selling them?

Bump.

This game is fucking hard. How do I find more SS ammo for my scoped rifle? That shit is hard to find and the bartender never has enough even though I pretty much only spend about 3 rounds a bandit.

I can't go back to regular rifles though. Especially since enemies are way to heavily armored to do center mass damage. I just can't deal with any weapon that doesn't have some great accuracy so I can deal some headshot damage.

Freedom should have some.

Are you playing vanilla?

Vanilla fucking sucks; enemies are bullet sponges and you're not. At the very least you should be using AMK arsenal just for the damage rebalance.

Stop spreading false info to newbies

Compared to pretty much any weapon overhaul mod, vanilla enemies are bullet sponges. I admit that until you start running into Monolith it isn't THAT bad once you've gotten some decent guns and a source of ammo for them but if you're stuck using bydlo-tier capguns plus the magic vanishing bullets of the vanilla physics your FUN can grind to a halt rapidly.

Want to know how I know what difficulty you selected?

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA FAGGGOOOOTTT

GED OUD OF HER STAKER :dddddddddddd

you's a gay

Check out this non Master casual

They aren't spongy in the context of an arcade/action shooter, but they're very much bullet spongy in comparison to what you would consider a realistic damage model, and for me personally, the immersion is cranked up tenfold with a realistic damage model where you're forced to slow down, use stealth and cover and make each shot count.

Thankfully it's very easy to mod that and fix it, even to the point where you've basically got Operation Flashpoint-tier combat if that's your deal.

Only mutants are spongy and thats nothing an ammo type or shotgun cant fix.

Ammo types simply alter the percent modifier bonus the shot has vs armored or unarmored targets. In no cases does it actually crank up the damage to the point where the end result is even close to realistic.

Shotguns are also a glaring example of terrible weapon balance in vanilla, as a shotgun blast with buckshot to an armored target (which should do nothing but degrade the kevlar) are more damaging than 10+ shots of 5.45 which would swiss cheese any soft armor, and even one shot is likely to instantly incapacitate the target.

Oh, by the by, it turns out the Metro 2033 guys are making another Metro game and it is going to be less linear and more open world. They're also making it in Malta because the Ukraine is getting fucked up L O L

I hope they balance it a bit better this time, went through 90% of the game oneshotting everything with the throwing knife

And you're not?

Compared to what they are in modded Stalker? You bet. Fucking night and day, especially with shitty weapons.

Nope.

It doesn't help that by the time you're allowed to get the not-vss you've already been training with throwing knives through 2/3 of the game and don't even need anything else for humans anymore.

how's call of chernobyl?, downloading it right now

Jej, ain't that shit supposed to be a utopian post-scarcity stateless society?

A communist country is like an anarchist country.
Actually no, an anarchist country is possible if a country is defined as a land inhabited by a nation/cultural group. Commieland wouldn't even have national distinctions because nationalism is ebil.

Also USSR was a state capitalist welfare state, which is what every state attempting to build socialism and then bring about communism devolves into, because resources and labor are scarce.

I've been getting unplayable framedrops even on low and minimum settii ever since i left X-18 lab.

The series isn't exactly toaster friendly.

Pretty, though.

That it is, especially with AF and AN in CoP.

U avin a giggle m8? I've played SoC and CS on an HP Pavillion from 2006 using hardware that was mediocre in 2005; get a mod that helps with optimization and push everything down to minimum settings and you get something that's butt-fucking ugly but quite playable.

My last pc (8800 GTS 512 and x2 6000+)couldn't even run SoC without shitting the bed at 1920x1080 on medium.

If you need to drop everything to minimum so it looks "butt-fucking ugly" and cut the resolution until you're left with a pixelated blur, it is by definition not toaster friendly :^)

Considering that I was able to get ~40FPS out of the game with consumer-tier hardware already two years and change out of date before the game even released, I'm plenty happy with that.

And that's okay, but that still doesn't make it toaster friendly.

A good example of genuinely toaster friendly games would be most MT Framework games which are extremely well optimized. STALKER is many things, but optimized is not one of them.

lol

Unity is bad because unity is bad, unityfag.

Lost planet 2 exists, and despite being able to run ShoC and CS in somewhat decent conditions on my computer at the time (x2 6400, 8600GTS, 6GB RAM, XP64) LP2 would stick to the sub 10fps up until I got a 9800GT and then it went all the way up to 20fps, DMC4 ran like a fucking dream though.

Care to explain why unity is bad?

Proof Unity isn't bad

Why is STALKER programmer Dmitry Yasenev so jacked, Holla Forums?

It's the RPGMaker of 3d game engines. Babby's first engine is lacking and prone to crashes.

Sure showed me.

Russian bias.

>Posts gay porn

yeah fuck off

Ad Hominem; The Post

You're dodging the question as you speak, user. Nut up or shut up faggot

Learn to read man.

I've never had any Unity crashes to be honest. I believe the last Unity title I played was Grow Home. Also, Contract Wars and Critical Ops both run on Unity and I've never had crashes. just Network issues

post some sources, gayboy

What am I, your mother? Use google you fucktard I ain't spoonfeeding you.

One issue I've seen in most of the unity games I played (aside from the ones that usually comes from bad programming like memory leaks) is heavy stuttering or freezing when the game needs to load assets outside of a loading screen.

At least its not as bad as those Unreal 3 games that used to take like 10 seconds to buffer models and textures.

I beat the game and got the True ending where you destroy the C-Consciousness on my first try. I googled the other endings because I didn't want to go through the trouble of finding the rest.
God damn the Monolith has a sick sense of humor

Basic complaints I have for the game pretty much fall in how poor the AI was and how rushed certain segments felt. Also I didn't like how by the point you start facing the monolith you pretty much have to do kills by dealing headshots only. Which wasn't that bad since I got a sniper but it was still kind of annoying that I couldn't kill people in more traditional methods.

More varied or larger locations wouldn't have hurt either but that's minimal.

Otherwise great game. It got Serious Sam levels of Rambo by the end of it but I played and beat the game on Master so I can't really say it was that hard. Just make sure to aim for the head.

Are the expansions as good or as large as SoC? Also what mods should I install now that I've beat the game? I didn't really like the main plotline so I'll probably go for freeplay mods with new areas since I wasn't really a fan of a lot of areas in the vanilla game.

>slowly waddling because encumbered to Duty checkpoint after Agroprom, to help with mutants

What the shit?

I call bullshit. How in the hell did you completely ignore the Wish Granter on purpose?

I mean shit, I barely discovered Guide on accident, and on my 2nd playthrough, got stuck at the door cause I went to Streloks hideout before meeting guide

I just followed my way-pointer because I set it as the main objective. I honestly don't know where else I would have went other than that. I was rushed to go inside because of the blowout though.

Then I just said no to the ultimatum and I figured I would follow the cool looking portals as they seemed linear. I thought I was done with the game when I said no to the C-Consciousness and that it was free mode from that point on, until I stumbled in to the last portal anyway

Much like Oblivion, CS is so shit that not even mods could fix it. CoP is easily on par with the best of SoC (at least up to Pripyat itself which is kind of a shitshow).
The OGSE stand-alone would offer you the most varied experience out of any SoC mod (it's more of a complete overhaul).

For CoP, Arsenal Overhaul 3.1 is the best by far.

AO is all you need to make it tolerable.

what mod?

I am of the unpopular opinion that Pripyat is pretty good in CoP. Not perfect, but pretty good. The barren atmosphere combined with the soundtrack just fits the dead city so much.

CoP doesn't have the rawness SoC had that made it feel more desolate. Like inability to repair weapons. It also kept that stupid 30 minute "HIDE IN A BASE OR DIE" shit from CS. SoC also introduces each mutant in a really interesting way that creates a "WHAT THE FUCK IS THAT THING" feel, where CoP kinda assumes you've seen them already.

Blowouts were intended to be part of main gameplay in SoC, too, but just like most of content, were cut due to THQ rushing them. Also, you can use anabiotics and survive the blowout in the middle of nowhere. After 3 anabiotics, you even get the ability to survive the blowout on your own, just need to medkit up after it.

I meant free play where I could just fuck around and have fun. As for mods I dunno I'm asking the thread.

nigger, what?
Not only were they intended to be in the game originally, it even occurs when you head to CNPP

SoC Vanilla didnt have freeplay. Did you download the COMPLETE version by mistake or something?

I know it didn't I just assumed it did when I rejected the C-Consciousness.

He said that he EXPECTED freeplay, not that he got it.

ah ok

Is S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Call of Pripyat mod Call of Chernobyl any good?

I will admit that I did have some fun with CS+AO with all of the 9x39 guns, but the faction war shit is still broken (can't 100% wipe a faction, they instantly start respawning as soon as you leave the area) and the whole last third of the game is awful.

When you get the Pripyat it's like the game starts hustling you along and pushing you to the end, just throwing tons of boring enemies at you in a really boring looking city. For me it's always instant no-fun-allowed mode once the trip to Pripyat begins.

I hated that. Fucking brand new AKMs falling apart ~1000rds, fuck that shit.
I enjoy blowouts/emissions, all of my regular SoC mods include them.
I think the hunting quests in CoP trump any and all mutant introductions in SoC, but that could just be my shit taste shining through. It has been known to happen.

Going through the whole game with just the scoped nugget you can buy in the marshes is pretty nice too.

I can't even imagine how shit slogging through Limansk with that would be. Webm unrelated.

The scoped nugget is monstruous though, just grab that one stash with API ammo for it and everything just dies.

I didn't know Heath Ledger audition for Harley Quinn as well

The only no fun allowed parts for me are the gauss rifle mission and the final mission. And that is only because I want to keep everyone alive to get the best ending (where Garik tells other stalkers that Pripyat is not as dangerous as people think). And that shit is infuriating, since soldiers both have a tendency to get headshot by monolith, and to explode themselves with grenades.

If you like more-or-less aimless stalkan, sure. Self-directed roleplaying fun.

I enjoy going all snackbar on the other factions as Monolith from time to time.

I'm looking in to modding SOC. How friendly is mod merging? I'm considering playing the game again from a fresh start so I'de install OGSM. But I also want the freeplay aspect so I want to use Doom's Mod Merge. Would those 2 be compatible?

Also what FX mods do you shits recommend? I want night to actually be night and y guns to be shiny shit. I'm not exactly running on a toaster but my specs aren't all to great. The base game is lagless for me though. I'm running on a laptop

Check out 4/vg/'s stalker general. They not only know their shit back to front when it comes to modding and hunting bugs but they have a YUGE mega with everything from games to mods to soundtracks in it.

Large communities have their benefits too, user.

You have to go back.

Purely functional. I don't really want to deal with cancer so I'll probably shift through some archives or something if I grow desperate.

Sorting wheat from chaff is a valuable skill, user.

You should try it someday.

The stalker general really isn't that bad, last I checked. If it was, I wouldn't be sending you there. Ask your question, get an answer and then just leave and never come back if you don't want to.

Separating corn from shit is a more accurate metaphor.

You can't defend using 4chan for any reason. You are an immense cuck who should be banned permanently no matter what you say. You sicken me. You sicken you ancestors, faggot.

SJW-tier response.

They have a lower common denominator.

below shit tier response.
That is an insult to both corn and shit.

Shitpost tier response.

Shit > SJW

Remember I wasn't the one who derailed the thread by being assblasted.

Reminds me of cuhrayzee general getting all triggered from the WSW devs doing a couple thread over here.

SJW is shit.

Anyone remember the STALKER TV series originally announced in 2010?

I do.

I uploaded the trailer to my youtube channel, and I will never take it down.

I had almost forgotten you faggot.

Never heard of it. Still trying to get around to watching the movie from '79(?)

Was it any good?

The movie? The movie, book and game are loosely related. I wasn't a big fan of the movie but you should still give it a watch.

The TV series was never released

You have to go back :^)

This was what I was asking about.

Shame. Do we know the reason why?

God damn there is nothing you could do to make this scene more slav.

Don't know why, probably never finished since it was being funded by GSC and it closed down for a while.

I remember reading that the first season was completly done, they just didn't find a publisher or distributor or whatever it is called so they didn't ever publish it. Might be bullshit, but you'll never know about these things.

They should've just hosted it on Netflix or something.

Elitist faggots actually believe they're accomplishing something incredible, playing a game millions did before them in the last 10 years.

I found some photos from the person who made some prosthetic's for the show I think.

Like wasps to jam.

More.

play call of chernobyl if you want free roam

;_;

So I dpownloaded the Doom's mod merge and went loner since it sounded like a nice beginning class. God damn the game got harder.

I feel like the actual game just started.

God damn behind the scenes pics always make me appreciate shit more.

Apologies for any typos. I've been up for days and I'm in to deep in Vodka.

Does anyone use OWR (Original Weapons Renewal)? I've just downloaded it so I could get better looking weapons but I'm not too sure if it's changed the stats of the weapons themselves…
It's my first play through of CoP and I wanted to have a vanilla experience.

Shit this game looks awesome, it's a shame that it isn't even out and they already have plans for DLC. Still, I'm pirating it when it gets released.

Is it singleplayer?

I might check it. The description is straight slav so it might be something unique. Hard to believe it's ran on Unity. I guess I've seen to many Slender clones to think otherwise but it looks good.

It's multiplayer only game, no single player element.

Damn.

Still looks great though.

Some user said it has 'Single Player options' (>>9389837)
So I guess there's a way to play offline, also there's a faction called 'scavs' that have both real players and AI.

Some more. I can't find if there's any truth to the first season being finish but unpublished though. Maybe down the line someone will leak it.

Turns out there is a single player mode.

It's still yet another survival multiplayer game so I won't be touching it.

So anyone know how to circumvent the dead loop where mechanics either are sleeping forever or won't take a toolkit?

Fuck, I meant with CoC and AO3 as well.

but corn is shit, its fucking horrible for you.

I just started playing Call of Chernobyl, is there any place where you can safely stash your stuff?
For instance there is a box in the stalker beginner camp, is it safe?

Each shop-style area, like the Bar or the beginner camp, has a safe. do NOT store stuff in stash-style places, because if you loot a body with a stash for that location, you WILL lose your stuff. I learned the hard way.

Do you mean this box?

no, go down to owl or whoever that fat old fuck with the lazy eye is. theres a box on the floor in there.

In the bar, the box is underneath one of the tables

also, another good storage is the - oh wait. You're playing Call of Chernobyl. Thats just CoP right?

FOUND THE FAGGOT PLAYING ON EASY

moddb.com/mods/call-of-chernobyl
I'm talking about this one.

hmmm, then idk man. That Big Box looks pretty secure I guess. like I said, just dont go leaving shit in stashes, like pipes or backpacks on the floor. also I'd stay away from using Bodies as a box too, cause they might get looted or just play de-spawned

Guess I'll just figure it out the hard way.
Put an AK in there about an hour earlier as a backup since it wasn't in good enough shape to sell.
Still there for now but we'll see.

There was a blue box down by fat fuck but it counted as a stash when I looted it so I'm not going to use it.

One trip to the swamp and an hour later my crap is still there.
So it seems safe enough but I'll report if my shit gets stolen.

Good luck mate. If it disappears, such is life in the Zone. Blame an Anomaly

I didn't look for them in earlier parts, but I'm pretty sure at least Yanov and Zaton have safes. They look like a padlock on your map.

I never used them though, don't know if they are shared between themselves like on CoP.
If you want, buy a backpack (most vendors have one). Grab that pack with both hands and make a stash.

question for people who play OGSE

there's this floating building with a red artifact that spooks you to death with psy-fields if you get to close to it. i thought the artifact that runs away from you would teleport me into it, but it didn't. Is that part of a quest later on? is it just there to fuck with you? i don't understand how i'm supposed to get into that death chamber, it creeps me out and i really want to know. Its by the old mans house West of the Saw Mill

To stay on topic, first proper mission (right after you are awake) in Chanobyl, where do I get a non shit gun so that the group of stalkers I am helping don`t all die in under ten minutes? Even on master, I can`t hit anything with the pistol.

Even in moderation? Also shit is important is it help keeps the body healthy. SJW`s can claim neither. The only place they desirve is >>>/oven/ .

the quickest way to get an AK would be to kill the military guys by the bridge with the pistol

i usually do that on vanilla runs

You have the option to do the mission solo

Welp, I'm fucked.

Monolith guards kill me on sight, and I gotta get into the Lab. they're all invincible too. I've chucked grenades, got plenty of headshots, even used an RPG from driving back through the darklands.

What do? are there any ways to Kill enemies or go god mode through the game code?

I just thought i'd try ramming em with my car too, but they're either in doors or behind the toll plank thingy

Are you playing Master difficulty? Do so if you aren't.

I'm on the 2nd hardest difficulty. I dont think that'll fix it tho. these guys literally arent budging from point blank RPG shots. I've unloaded 100+ An94 and G36 rounds in them earlier too

You could just mod the pistol (and the rest of the low to med-tier guns) so you aren't dealing with a shotgun-tier cone of fire. Vanilla has absolutely horrendous interpretations of the guns they're modeled after.

For the Makarov, the file would be w_pm and the accuracy value is fire_dispersion_base which you would drop to something reasonable like 0.05

Why would you EVER play on any difficulty other than master, what are you doing stalker?

cause I've never beaten Lost Alpha and want to get used to the new maps?

Switch to Master. It's actually easier in a way.

The easier the difficulty the higher the chance a bullet won't do any damage

Ok first of all, lost alpha is easy as fuck. You get a fucking sniper rifle+scoped rifle in the first 15 min. Second: are you implying you havent played the vanilla games on master either? Its the difficulty you need to start on, what the fuck man.

no, thats not the problem. I've walked up to these guys and shot them MULTIPLE times in the face, and, unlike the monoliths in the ExoSkeletons (who I beat already), they do not even flinch.

here's a vid of me fighting them earlier

I beatt Vanilla and Complete, both SoC and CoP on STALKER, then Master. I got 300+ hours logged in SoC

You're aiming pretty low it looks. Just try master faggot. Half of those situations the enemy would be dead because they would take more damage.

user…why

aaaand to nobodies surprise, they're still invincible on Master. unloaded 10 shotgun shells at point blank and still died first

What damage profile are they using? I don't have LA installed because it's trash, but I'd wager they're using some fucked up damage profiles.

Is it all monolith soldiers, or just the ones in a specific area?

Must be something with him, I never had problems popping caps in monolith asses. Knowing all the weird bugs and glitches that exist it might just be that

it only seems to be two of them. I wiped out 10+ earlier when the military attacked, but the two guarding the entryways seem to take absolutely no damage.

skip to 7:05 and you can see clearly that they take everything and wont even budge

fuck it, I'mma try and run past em or something. brb, and hopefully there's another exit somewhere

Have you tried knifing them?
No, im serious

Do you have a spawn_sections.ltx in your creatures folder? If so, you could find them, see which profile they're using, and then set the values to a reasonable number.

well, I got deep in the base, killed 2 of the soldiers that WERENT invincible, but the other 2 hunt me down too quick to even look for the lab entrance

it doesnt help I have less than 30 rounds for my AK and found an LR300 with 35 rounds

see

and skip to the 8 minute mark

yeah I'm fuckin stuck. these 2 assholes keep dominating me within 2 bullets

Fuck yes! I'm free!

such is life in the Zone

FOUND THE ENTRANCE! also, killed 2 more Monoliths in exoskeletons. theres still at least 2 invincible ones chasing me tho

HOPEFULLY they dont come in the lab

i think i broke OGSE

Do bullets heal you now?

i wish, they do degrade armor still so eventually they'll be able to hurt me when the percentage on the armor decreases enough

UPDATE

Made it into Lab X18. It's not like the old one. Instead is a reworked version of that one lab in CoP, with the Elevators, Burers, and that big hole in the floor. there were some p cool cutscenes too, with ghosts and shit. Apparently, the Bloodsuckers were human made. the Scientists paid bandits to sell their lives basically and mutated them into Bloodsuckers on accident. it was pretty cool to watch, but pretty shitty to end the "memory" to reveal the bloodsucker spawned inches in front of me.

Also holy fuck. I'm clutching on ammo. I've used up my 30 AK rounds, my 35 LR300 rounds, and I'm down to my last 20 pistol rounds, and Martha (despite being at 90% quality) jams after every 1-3 shots. I literally fought a psuedo-giant with a bolt-action pistol, 1 shot at a time.

anyways, I'm having loads of fun, found all 5 documents, but found a computer!
cant check the 2 PDA's I picked up, and the documents nor my own PDA show any info regarding it. so naturally, I google the solution, or the password even.

nvm, I had the password, I just didnt check my files right. also, I was checking the wrong computer. theres 2 other computers I cannot access and they might not even be accessable

oh, I'm playing Solitaire and tetris within the computer too. theres even a puzzle game too

nope, turns out I'm supposed to download a file FROM the computer, not to access it. left the module at the bar, ignoring the crash issue

Anyone know any good STALKER and Metro 2033 fan films? There's a quite a few but I'd rather not slog through them all to separate the good from the bad if possible.

I've never seen one that was longer than 3 minutes AND had good cinematography/acting/plot

So any shorter than 3 minute ones with good cinemawhatever/acting/plot?

none good enough for me to favorite or remember. just search em on youtube. STALKER fan films or somethin

CoC rookie here, went to the red forest and back and my stuff is still there, but this guy has me worried.

Are player placed backpacks immune to AI looting?

So I've been playing Doom's mod merge. What's the purpose of the backpack in my inventory? I drop it and can't pick it up.

Look at this user, he doesn't know how damage resistance is calculated. Protip: it's multiplicative, it's always been multiplicative, and it always will be multiplicative. Your actual resistance is (1 - 0.39 * 0.53)*100% = 79%

You cannot go over 100% like that, and you cannot go over 100% in this mod specifically either, if you try to stack artifact resistance of 1 type to over 100%, you're gonna experience someting verrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrry unpleasant.

Having played through the vanilla game of SoC, is it recommended I do my first play through of CoP with MSO & AF3?

midgame everyone drops it for their pistols

What? The only pistol in vanilla that can use 9x39 is the Black Kite.

Sergeant Petrenko sells it, the Duty trader.

Wait shit, he's colonel, not sergeant.

Sorry I thought it was 9x19

Duty guys walking about, loot around the map, Colonel in duty base, barman

I dunno, you don't really get ammo 'abundantly' you get it in 10-14 pieces at a time and if you conserve ammo you can build up a good stockpile. I usually get to about 400-500 by conserving.

Thanks that sounds like a plan.
But then I would die even quicker and not kill anything.
Good to know, thanks.

You underestimate the advantage of sneaki breeki.

How does the breeki become sneaki? The AI in this game has so far proven to be pretty retarded and hard to predict at times to it's pretty difficult to really understand how you would essentially sneak around to not get caught.

I've been pretty much killing everything without making to much of an effort to try to use stealth because the game turns in to a cake walk once you get a decent gun that's accurate enough to deal headshots. But I'de like to be able to do it silently so I don't have to use a health kit every so often for when I have to take out multiple enemies at once.

Also new thread? I can make it I guess.

New thread.

Use a shotgun for close range, else should be a suppressed pistol until you get a suppressed long range rifle.
Crouch walk everywhere within 100 feet of enemies.
Use crouch+walk to hide or be even more sneaki breeki.
If an enemy has been alerted by anything (like a boar, dog, or other enemy), they will be more likely to spot you.
When spotted, relocate quickly (sprint away like a mother fucker) and then hide until the enemy has seemingly lost you.

Usually they just find me from 100 yards away no matter what I do but I'll keep giving it a shot I guess. It might be the mod.