Holy shit, as a huge DBZ fan (Super is pure cancer, btw...

Holy shit, as a huge DBZ fan (Super is pure cancer, btw.) I just spent the entire last two week testing all games on emulators. All DBZ games are pure fucking dog shit, Tenkaichi couldn't be more generic and imbalanced and in PvE it's literally just fly to enemy, dash attack, follow him, repeat. Sometimes super attack.

Budokai 2, 3 and the spin-offs are pure QTE shitfests.

The only DBZ game that's awesome for fans is the very first Budokai, basically no QTE, incredibly comfy, not crammed with shit content, good graphics and AN ACTUALLY FUCKING GOOD STORY MODE with cutscenes that actually resemble the anime.

They're all bad fighting games so you should pick the one which at least has the best story mode and is comfier than the rest.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=uM-nvXErdUs&list=PLC61CBD3C0E2463A0
youtube.com/watch?v=9zP6547Lhp8&index=39&list=PLC61CBD3C0E2463A0
youtube.com/watch?v=0lHHhadihAw&list=PLC61CBD3C0E2463A0&index=16
youtube.com/watch?v=UkUHlD415Nw
youtube.com/watch?v=BtxuUtd4yTY
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

k thanks

>>>/4chan/

k thanks

No idea why the current games look worse and have no story cutscenes.

We appreciate your input.

Meh
I guess we need to play with the cards we dealt with.

Probably costs a lot more nowadays to do cutscenes than back then.

Bamco/Dimps does the same shit with their Saint Seiya games. Just as it's more niche than DB they do it even worse and the last game that had proper cutscenes just upscaled existing PS2 scenes.

It's that bad.

Try Shin Budokai 2 for the PSP dawg. It's got a neat original story (that is pretty bullshit but whatevs at least it's new) and a good fighting system based on Budokai 3 but without the dragon rush horse shit.

Also Legacy of Goku 2 + Buu's fury, niggaaaaa.

Real talk, are there any games somewhat similar to these that are any good? I recall having some fun dicking around many years ago on one of these with a friend.

Burst Limit had the best graphics/animation.

What? I haven't played in years, but I don't remember any QTE in any old Budokai game.

In Budokai 3 there's that thing where you have to guess your rival input to stop it or continue the attack.I don't remember the name, but that's about it.
OP is just being a fag that can't let go the past.

2, 3 and those other Budokai games that aren't called Budokai games for some reason ARE QTE fests. Absolutely disgusing.

I actually tried Budokai 3 last week.
I was enjoying it and having a lot of fun, but when the AI did that dragon rush QTE bullshit three times in one match, I chucked that shit in the trash.
What a fucking waste. It could've been great if they didn't have abilities that HALT THE MATCH FOR TWENTY SECONDS SO YOU CAN WATCH A CUTSCENE.
Fuck.

And what's up with this shit? Do you always act like a cunt when someone talks about games they've played?

youtube.com/watch?v=uM-nvXErdUs&list=PLC61CBD3C0E2463A0

youtube.com/watch?v=9zP6547Lhp8&index=39&list=PLC61CBD3C0E2463A0

youtube.com/watch?v=0lHHhadihAw&list=PLC61CBD3C0E2463A0&index=16

Why are other DBZ games so fucking shit?

What do people hate about super

Didn't want to give them the attention but yeah, it's pretty disgusting.

It's pretty obvious it's people that just found out how to sage and now they feel obligated to post a shitty one-liner in every single thread to let everyone know how cool they are for not contributing.

Holla Forums isn't all guns and roses after all.

Budokai 3 was the peak oft he Budokai serie and Tenkaichi 3 is the peak of DBZ games.
Get mad, faggot.

Budokai 3 is garbage. Dragon Rush straight up ruins the game.

There really isn't much not to hate about it. Made the other Z team characters 100% useless instead of actually listening to fans and redeeming them a little. Awful art, awful animations, awful story, more lore abuse. And now we apparently just go from tournament to tournament.

One week ago I would have believed you and the other PS2 children. Then I actually played it. Such an incredible pile of shit, basically what he said .

No idea how anyone can put up with this for longer than two hours.

Is that fucking Pooh bear?

A man of refined tastes.

I haven't played 2 since I was a teenager, I remember the campaign having this really fun board game type layout. It was weird, but really interesting for a fighting game. I think the closest thing I've seen since is Chronicles of the Sword in Soul Calibur 3.
Did 2 suffer from the same gameplay-stopping QTE shit? I can't remember.

Hail trips, that's the only thing I remember from them. I think there was one button mashing segment when you clash in 2. Otherwise, I thought they were solid. I liked 2's board movement. The cutscenes did feel really bland though.

No. It's his Universe 6 counterpart.

Hail Satan!

I think it wasn't that bad yet but it already had awful cutscenes which is a bummer for me since no DBZ game is a good fighter so at least do the fanservice thing right.

Are you one of those competitive faggots?
In either case, yes, Dragon Rush is shit, but it's still better than Budokai 1, that doesn't only lack characters but it also lack mechanics.

I agree. But as I said, it's actually the best of the 3. I played the Budokai collection on PS3 recently, which for some reason only have 1 and 3, and although most of my love for them is nostalgia, they lacked absolutely everything, hence why I said Tenkaichi 3 is the peak of the DBZ games.
BT3 doesn't have QTE unless you want to count button mashing and that sequence when you hit at max speed against each other.

It does. Is kind of mediocre, tho, but it was fun since if you recreated the events of the anime new shit happened on the board.

No, I just like to fucking play the fighting game I bought.

>playing the version with the shit ass Jap music

Then you choose your game poorly. As said, no DBZ game is a good fighter, except maybe the ones for SNES. The best you can hope is feel part of the DBZ universe, and the best game for that is BT3.

It came with my PS3, so I just gave it a try for old times sake. My immediate turn off was the lack of

You can call it what you want, there are incredibly many sequences fighting against the computer where you just have to watch a shitty cutscene and press the right buttons, it's pure cancer. Cutscenes are disgusting, music is shit, graphics for some reason worse than Budokai 1 on GameCube, XIII cel-shading with dirty outlines. Again, all those games are terrible fighting games, so they should at least be somewhat true to the original when presenting its universe, characters and story. All other DBZ games somehow fuck it up and then there are those new shit games where you can create a character which, no matter what you do, looks like generic shit and an original story that's just stupid as fuck.

Kek.

The vast majority of games are hot garbage. Only genuine good ones are like Super Dragon Ball Z, Super Butoden 2, Hyper Dimension, Advanced Adventure, and maybe a couple more I'm forgetting.

And if you do have such a hard on for the Budokai games just play Infinite World. No Dragon Rush. All the improvements from the PSP games but not having to be on the PSP playing fighting games. Only real drawbacks are not beam clashes and they screwed up the difficulty settings.

The movie rehashes sure were. But when it's new material or the cast just dicking around it's pretty great.

What part of I don't like massive, jarring breaks in action don't you understand?
Any fighting game with that is trash. I don't care if it makes me "feel like part of the DBZ universe", because All Star Battle did the same thing, and that game was horrible to play. You know what makes me feel like I'm in the DBZ universe?
Beating someone's ass.

Legacy Of Goku 2 was the best DBZ game

Oh hey, I just checked out Infinite World. It actually looks like what I wanted from Budokai 3.
Thanks, user!

Bullshit. There are few and they don't happen often.

Bullshit, again. Textures are terrible in comparison.
Confirmed for shit taste.

And BT3 does. Story mode play the events exactly like they happened in the anime, or at the very least really really close to it.

At least we agree in XV.

Then you don't like DBZ games. I under stand that. Pretty much because of this

And cutscenes are part of that. If you don't like them that's another deal entirely. That's just you being a faggot.

That reminds me of Attack of the Saiyans in DS. Pretty good.

Are you seriously trying to defend cutscenes in a fighting game?
Just stop bothering, you're talking to a wall here, because I'm never going to stop thinking that's completely retarded.

smh tbh fam

How many people on this board do you think actually had a Saturn?

(checked)
I had one when I was young. Sanic Racing and 3d Blast.

Do you believe Smash Bros. are fighting games too, I bet.

You can emulate it easily. It doesn't worth it, tho.

Are you saying the Budokai games aren't fighters? I seriously don't get where you're coming from with this. The Tenkaichi games, maybe, but the Budokai ones are pretty standard fighting games.

are y'all sure that your favourite DBZ game is not just the one you personally played the most, i liked tenkaichi 2 the best anyways

It's meant to be a fake super for some character, you're only meant to use the mode where you can go into dragon rush when they're stunned, It's damage isn't even worth it compared to just doing a legit combo which also builds meter unlike the actual supers.

Just play infinite world, Added stun which was made to punish teleporting spam because it already being situation based always in the favor of the one first opposed to the first to use it wasn't enough, no dragon rush and is pretty much Budokai 3 with more content, the only kept QTE in the game is the super attack or defense win game.

Only issue is they removed beam struggles and certain characters feels more advantaged with permanent transformations thanks to stun dropping characters back to base.

Have you played the SNES games? They are quite good. And Ultimate Warriors 2 for the DS is GOAT.

The best DBZ games are the Legacy of Goku series on GBA.
Legacy of Goku is not great though but you can see what they're going for.
Legacy of Goku II is fucking sweet and they hit it all.
Buu's fury is more refined II.

Whenever someone says this you always know that the person is retarded.

It's almost like you wanted to just downvote a comment.

It's called Infinite World.

They took Budokai 3, gave it a couple balance passes, and ripped out bullshit like Dragon Rush. The only downside is that Kid Goku got cut for some reason.

Vid related, just because you're bad at the game doesn't mean it's the game's fault.

You're a retard then. The best and only good non-fanmade DBZ fighting game is Hyper Dimension on the Super Famicom.

It has actual fighting game inputs, high and low blocks, combos that are good and not mindless, and alpha counters.

Nothing they've said has contradicted anything from previous DB except maybe GT, which isn't canon, anyway.

Holy shit that looks straight outta the anime, i bet most fags here will ignore you though, they want to feel as if they were right.

It looks rad, but I feel like the camera is too close

Anime games only exist for fanservice and you're lucky if you get something like Heritage for the Future that actually functions as a real game.
The Budokai games are great because they replicate the show fairly well, and the gameplay isn't complete shit like some of the later games.
I just hope they make a couple more games based on the original Dragon Ball.

Wii version has a wider FoV, but all the videos are of the PS2 version.

Sorry for the double post, but my embed didn't work. Here's another video because Tenkaichi 3 is fun and more people should play it.
Tenkaichi 3 on PC with netcode fucking please Namco you announced the HD collection don't fuck it up

I only ever had Tenkaichi 1. Did the later games expand on the mechanics so it's more than just rushing at the other guy forever? I remember that carried me all the way until I was doing it to Janemba.
Cool video, it looks way more interesting than what I recall.

Yes. Tenkaichi 2 was a drastic mechanical upgrade in almost every possible way, adding everything from actual combos and mixups to even shit that should have been in the first one like transformations and fusion. Tenkaichi 3 went even further and added shit like frame-perfect parries akin to 3rd Strike, a fuckhuge roster of almost every character in the series (they even have fucking Eighter and both regular and cyborg Tao Pai Pai) and even more moves for the characters.

Here's a for fun video some nip made; it's actually the Wii version so you can see the expanded field of view.

So if I were to emulate one, would you recommend the Wii version? Is there wagglan?

I was pretty ok at this game once upon a time and we had great fights with my brother but I've never truly grasped the timing to counter the cinematic melee attacks (you know what I'm talking about)

Shut up, you fucking retard. There are QTEs at least every fight in Budokai 3, basically every big super attack. Cutscenes + QTEs. Pure cancer.

After two hours you want to kill yourself.

Who cares about textures when everything else is butt ugly? Pic related. They use thick outlines for models that have the polygon-count of N64 models. This is a really, really dumb idea and makes games age like shit. Wind Waker didn't do this and aged like wine. Budokai 1 didn't do it either and basically looks like the anime, especially in cutscenes. See the pictures I posted.

Are you legit retarded? Budokai 1 does this, not 3. This is what story "cutscenes" in Budokai 3 look like:

youtube.com/watch?v=UkUHlD415Nw

Hey, for the last one, he meant Budokai Tenkaichi 3.
Not saying that shit in Budokai 3 is excusable, though. I was majorly let down by that.

But even Tenkaichi games have shit story cutscenes with characters just standing in front of each other and saying their three lines?

Barely played Tenkaichi 3, though.

Honestly some of the best wagglan; you actually do the motions for the moves. If you want Spirit Bomb you have to raise both your hands up. Kamehameha? You do the motion. Galick Gun? You do the motion. It's really fucking cool and when I was younger I lost my shit at how awesome it was.

You can also use a regular controller. PS2 version emulates flawlessly, not sure about the Wii version but if that one emulates fine it'd be the preferred version.

PS2 has two extra modes via "Disc Fusion", aka you pop in the disc from Tenkaichi 1 and you get the 100 increasingly difficult fight leaderboard from that game, Tenkaichi 2 gives you the Ultimate Battle mode from that game.

Wii version instead has online play (now dead, thanks Nintendo and Gamespy), higher FoV, and runs better (not applicable to emulation)

Nope. Tenkaichi 3 has sloppy presentation but it actually has the story influence the battles. For example, the battle between Majin Vegeta and Buu has you playing as Vegeta, and every time you do a bunch of damage to Buu he just regenerates it and more dialogue happens. Eventually you're prompted to blow yourself up to end the fight.

The fight against Nappa starts you as Tien, you fight for a bit before switching to Chiaotzu, then you're promoted to blow up to stop Nappa. When you do it, Nappa takes 0 damage and you just die. Swap back to Tien and fight until you fuck up and die, and so on. You fight him as Gohan for a bit, then it prompts you to switch to Piccolo to block his mouth beam (which kills Piccolo) etc.

plebs

Yeah, you fight, that's what you do int hose games. How does this change Tenakichi 3 has utter shit story cutscenes with shit animations that don't resemble the anime at all?

Budokai 1 story was literally the anime even with the same soundtrack and preview screens and narrator.

This is what I want from a shitty lience game that has mediocre gameplay anyway, I at least want to get the atmosphere of the licence.

youtube.com/watch?v=BtxuUtd4yTY

This was based as fuck, same with the tourney mode.

You mean they weren't all useless pieces of shit by the time Cell came around? Funny, I remember Gohan being the only one able to keep up. Then he turned into the biggest useless cunt in the series. And that isn't just because Super, that was set in stone since the end of Z. Fuck, at the end of Z even Vegeta stopped training. Super at least gives him time to shine, and him reaching the level of a god by his own will completely fits his character. Better than GT where he just had Bulma build a machine to make him transform like a lazy nigger.

Why does a character need to be the most powerful to be good? That shit is boring as fuck. Roshi is the best character and he can't do shit. I've gained more respect for Piccolo being a good godfather to Pan than his performance in any fight I've ever seen him in. That fits his character, being a mentor.

Everything after the Frieza stuff has been more interesting to watch than anything past the series has done since after Cell. The only good parts of Buu was the stuff with The Great Saiyaman and Mr Satan. The only reason the BoG and Frieza arcs in Super aren't interesting is because we've seen them already in the movies.

Such as? The only thing I've found that doesn't add up is why they would give a single fuck about Uub at the end of Z after going through all the Gods shit. Then again I never understood why Uub even exists in the first place and forget about him 99% of the time; so fuck it.

As for the Art, there's no excuse for how shit it is. But I can live with that if it means seeing shit like the Pilaf gang fail at the schemes, Piccolo babysitting, Krillen being a cop, Goku teleporting onto Bulma/Vegeta's bed by accident and seeing her naked much to Vegeta's chagrin, etc.

It's like you people have autism and hate actual fun. I bet you didn't even like the driving episode.

If you just want to get exactly the anime, why not just watch the anime? The point of the games is to play them, not watch the same story you've already seen and probably seen a dozen times in other games of the franchise. Tenkaichi 3 actually takes advantage of the fact that it's a video game by making you take part in the story as much as possible.

The best DBZ game is Ultimate Battle 22.

Do you realize how much of a faggot you're sounding like right now?

Man I remember in budokai 1 story mode when vegeta fought android 19 the bootprint was still on android 19's face from the cutscene that just happened earlier. I thought that was the tightest shit back then.

Budokai 2 was probably the biggest video game related disappointment I ever had when I saw buu on the cover and then found out there was no story mode like in 1.

This makes me think you didn't play the game at all. One of the best parts of Tenkaichi is that it plays exactly like the anime, you even change characters mid fight for that exact purpose.

Which reminds me, it would be cool if there could be more than 2 character per fight at the same time, it would be more realistic in that sense, kind of like Xenoverse, but better. It would be good for Tenkaichi, probably.

This was a thing, unfortunately it wasn't very good, thanks to being a PSP game.

Are you disabled or what do you not understand about story cutscenes?

No it isn't.

Last time i played that game was a few years ago but the only complaint i can remember i had was the roster. It looked fucking amazing too, best looking game on the psp.

Super DBZ is the Dragonball fighting game.

If you disagree you are a nigger.

Then I don't understand what are you bitching about. The game have story cutscenes, good ones, actually, and in multiplayer/solo it have little to none cutscenes.

Yeah, now implement that in Tenkaichi 3, add even more character on screen, and we are set to the ultimate DBZ experience.
The androids screenshot is just perfect.

If you want the anime so fucking much then watch the fucking anime or read the manga you goddamn nigger.

Games are not a storytelling medium, it's about mechanics. And if you want a story, then how about championing stuff like Super Butoden 2 on SNES where the devs went hog wild and made their own crazy Dragonball story about time travel and fighting Bojack and shit. What's the point in playing through a story you've seen dozens of times in manga, anime, and even in fucking video game form